Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

I'm gonna fish for shiny Shellder instead in LG/FR in the future. Note: the key word is in the future.

7,100 REs on rt 10 JPN BLCK & 3,100 REs in Desert Resort JPN WHT 2.
    The 3rd hunt is in 4th gen.
    X FC: Cutty 2449 6004 1037

Wee... Poison slide at my gym...

Pokegyms Fairy Leader

Credit to Astral Shadow for the userbar and Kida-Ookami for the badge.

I'm getting there in my hunts, slowly but surely.
    Spearow is up to about 250 eggs hatched on Black, and I'm about 10 eggs into my Drilbur hunt. I don't think I'll continue keeping track of eggs for Drilbur. The egg counts are starting to depress me, and having to hatch 2 shinies, one of which has to be very specific.... is going to take forever >.<
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    I'm getting there in my hunts, slowly but surely.
    Spearow is up to about 250 eggs hatched on Black, and I'm about 10 eggs into my Drilbur hunt. I don't think I'll continue keeping track of eggs for Drilbur. The egg counts are starting to depress me, and having to hatch 2 shinies, one of which has to be very specific.... is going to take forever >.<
    Well, you can control the nature using Everstone.....though there's still that chance of the shiny not having the parent's nature, unless you're using B2/W2.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    Well, you can control the nature using Everstone.....though there's still that chance of the shiny not having the parent's nature, unless you're using B2/W2.
    Unfortunately, I don't have the new games yet. So I only get 50% chance at the right nature.
    I'm trying to make an Adamant or Jolly Sand Rush Drilbur with (hopefully) max Attack and Speed and at least "Relatively Superior" stats overall. I'm everstoning a Jolly parent right now, but if I hatch an Adamant one, I'm going to switch for that.
    But first I want to finish this batch of Spearows. C'mon shiny Sniper Spearow! *crosses fingers*

Quote Originally Posted by PaddysTurtwigFanClub View Post
    660 eggs for treecko now, back to boxing up eggs, really hope it shines this week, preferably before 1000 eggs. Good luck and congrats to everyone chasing the elusive critters. @Aquaregisteel Dont give up on your starter hunt, ive been watching your hunt from the start and to quit would just be stupid it will shine, just dont think that you've missed it, any way which starter would you prefer? and dan i hope ratata shines for you, you should be due a short hunt after slugma. Also every time i think of quitting a mm i think of your slugma hunt.
    Good news, I haven't even considered it! I won't, thanks for motivating me even more. Hope Treecko shines, I have no patience to MM at all. I couldn't.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Hello everyone. I see we have a new shiny thread.

I haven't found any new shinies in my 5th ten games yet, but here's how all my hunts are going so far:

White: Litwick - 21,643 encounters
    SS: Headbutt - 13,610 encounters
    HG: BQ/Lapras - 4300 soft resets
    And I'm currently breeding for a good IV'd jolly female Aipom in my Japanese Black, so that I can eventually breed for a shiny one.

And... I know it's not 5th gen, but I have found my 3rd badge quest shiny in Platinum: a shiny Cranidos, who shone after only 1512 soft resets ^_^ : video

Good luck, guys. Congrats on new shinies.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Starlite ~
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Oshawott - 23rd October 2014 (Y - 1303 eggs)

Hi guys!!! Awesome, incredible, totally expected news
    Well for about three weeks i've been looking for shiny Turtwig in my Pokémon Pearl to start my first ever BQ. Since it was taking so long I decide to start SR in my Pokémon White for a shiny Snivy, this was an on/off hunt. Since Turtwig was taking so long I decide to give Turtwig a week and Snivy the next one. Last week was Turtwig's week so today I got focus on Snivy
    The moment I decided to SR for Snivy as well -I'd been looking for Turtwig for at least two weeks at this moment- I knew that Arceus's twisted sense of humor was going to make Snivy shine before my most wanted Turtwig, and about an hour ago it happened

Nice looking Magneton @Charizardmaster#1, pretty good nature
    Congrats on those awesome orange Shellder @andyhaj, wow! now you can evolve one to be a cool shiny Cloyster and leave the other as orange Shellder
    Cool shiny Roselia and Cranidos,@PaddysTurtwigFanClub and @Helotrope, I don't mind it was a 4th gen catch... still congrats
    Really cool shiny @StingrayKurt, Shinx's shiny evolution line is for sure one of those I want
    Nice job @PocketMonstre, congrats on your first MM shiny poké ever
    Awesome shinies @mario_fan, both final shiny forms of those pokés are really cool
    Congrats on your new shiny Nosepass @Johnfiles, too bad it didn't get the ability you want

Good luck on your Spearow hunt and SUPER GOOD LUCK with Drillbur @Dangertrout, I hope they shine as fast as Snivy
    Good luck guys SRing, REing and MMing, they'll shine for you

By the way shiny Turtwig's hunt is still on, shiny Snivy just gave me the strenght to continue

and Snivy is Impish nature....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Shiny Hunter Se7en; 24th July 2012 at 1:11 AM.

"Death in Bloom"

Congrats on Cranidos and Snivy! Love seeing peoples hard work pay off.

Unto 11,260 encounters now. Will carry on tomoz.

Best of luck everyone!

I'd never heard of a "badge quest" before yesterday, so I have questions for those that are doing it. Do you prefer to get each shiny before a badge or afterwards? Do you use nothing but those shinies in your team? And are you bothered by the long gaps in gameplay?

Well, this is quite irritating... Nothing in that batch of 210, so the total is now 1,640... Why is shiny Tauros so elusive?!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

11,000 REs

I'm glad to see that there's a new topic with more relaxed rules, and I'm also very happy that I finally have a 5th gen shiny to report after months of hunting!

[IMG]http://i50.*******.com/30accur.jpg[/IMG]

Blitzle hatched after 1480 eggs, and a combined 2874 eggs. I said that I wanted a shiny before a combined 3k, and I got one! She's Jolly, which means that my great luck with the everstone is continuing, and has 31 IV's in Speed! She also has Lightningrod for an ability (I probably would have preferred Motor Drive, but both are pretty good) and Double-edge as an egg move. I'm glad that I got a really great shiny after such a long hunt =)

I have another 90 Blitzle eggs that I need to hatch, and then I'll be hatching 180 Ponytas. I'll keep MMing until Ponyta shines, though I'm not sure what I'll do after that. I have other MM targets in mind, but I would also like to SR Groudon and Ho-Oh in Soul Silver... I guess I'll figure that out when I get there.

Congrats to all of the recently obtained shinies, and good luck to everyone on your hunts!
    Last edited by rykerr1; 24th July 2012 at 2:27 AM.
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/2r40gt0.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i48.*******.com/j0wppv.jpg[/IMG]
    ~Shiny Card~
    If You're Interested in Shiny Hunting, Check Out Shiny Hunters United!

Congratulations on all the recent shinies!

I have a shiny of my own; shiny Corsola, after only 122 eggs, making my first MM hunt relatively short and successful. c:

She's Bold with Hustle. Not the best combination, I would've preferred Natural Cure, but she probably won't see much battle anyway.

IVs: 07/31/24/31/12/26

Hunting a Shuckle next. Good luck on your hunts, everyone!

I'm so happy to see everyone getting shinies lately congrats to all of you and thank you to all who have watched my shiny shinx videos!
    You guys and gals are great on this thread!
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

I am now up to 1,510 Electrike Eggs, Still no Shiny. But I'm not even considering giving up. I feel as if it will shine really soon. As I said previously in the thread, if anyone wants to make predictions, feel free to do so on my profile!
    Three Most Recent Shinies:

Registeel: Soft Reset(W2) / Latios: Soft Reset(B2) / Regice: Soft Reset(W2)
    PokéDex (Gen 5): 649/649 Completed as of March 4th, 2013

Is it just me, or do female Lillipups look lighter colored than Males? Ugh. My DS is trolling me. If I don't look directly at the Pokemon, I get all kinds of excited because I think I hatched a shiny. I haven't hatched many eggs today, but I'll need to catch up... I was supposed to be at... 300 eggs today? I'm not even in the 200s. >.<
    I'll be able to hatch for another thirty minutes tonight, then it's off to bed.

~needsalimegreenespeon signing off! See ya!
    I am not a 'he'.

Copy and Paste into sig if you had the patience to catch a feebas legit once!! - Started by Claus351
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/2pyvvjl.gif[/IMG] Licky by Pokemon Player! Lick... Lick... Lick...
        Spoiler:- Images found at:

Just got my sparkly Cobalion! It came fairly quick, but I was hoping it would come on my birthday last Tuesday. Regardless, it is a shiny, and the Synchronise worked: Jolly natured.
    3DS FC: 1762-3779-2632
    I have claimed Empoleon, Rosalina, and Super Mario Galaxy!
    Pokégyms

Currently Looking For:
    Up-Grade, Dusk Stone

Congratulations Rykerr, Skippio, and Empoleon! (sorry if I missed anyone)

Some people up here are having some long hunts (master) but keep going guys.

Anyway, after my shiny zubat, I am probably going to MM for a shiny castform. I like it because it is one of my favorites, and it is really uncommon, especially in shiny form. If I get bored, I will switch to Emolga or Feebas, but I will hunt all three at some point.

Kalos Team: Delphox, Florges, Aegislash, Heliolisk, Hawlucha, Avalugg
    Latest Shiny: Helioptile

Fire Safari: Ponyta, Pyroar, Braixen - 1478-3803-9332
    I have claimed #671, Florges

*credit to Equal-To-Heaven for the clock

Congratz on the new shinies guys.^-^
    I started to MM Cynda.
    Most recent shiny:
    3DS FC: 4227-2881-7628

After a week of no hunting I'm ready to start up again :) I'll be reing in the Challenger's Cave since I like all the shiny forms in there and headbutting tree's on Soul Silver for that female Combee that I've been hunting on and off for since January hope it shines this time! Gratz on all the recent shinies and good luck all.
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X:

I am decreeing this day as a day of rest. Think I need it after hatching nearly 1,000 eggs in one week!
    Current Hunts

2,470 SRs/4,940 birds seen - PAUSED

ΩR BQ Hunt #5 - Desert

11,000 REs

I'm tempted to not bother with my badge quest after I get my starter. I am at 13,167 Starters seen, and I'm about to continue with hunting whilst watching Youtube Vids.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

nice idea to renew the thread hmm i guess ii am back

congratz on all those new shinies they look amazing

gl on the hunts guys

also i am continuing my whirlipede hunt at 1500 RE

@aquaregisteel good luck on your starter hunt
    Last edited by cocoadragon; 24th July 2012 at 7:23 PM.
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

^I was wondering where you went =) Welcome Back. At least people can't be infracted for posting for than once on the same page (not in a row, of course). Keep up the Vaporeon hunt then (Well, Eevee hunt)!

@ Cocoadragon, if you're not careful you'll get infracted again. Even if it's on two different accounts, you probably shouldn't be posting the SAME progress of a 4TH GEN badge quest here, at least not without some 5th gen news.
    @TheEliteEmpoleon, Grats on the Cobalion!

I hatched an Adamant Drilbur in White last night, so that hunt will go much better now that I can use the Everstone trick ^_^ I'm just going to finish off my batch of Spearow in Black and then focus on the Drilburs. (At about 300 Spearow now)

Quote Originally Posted by Dangertrout View Post
    @ Cocoadragon, if you're not careful you'll get infracted again. Even if it's on two different accounts, you probably shouldn't be posting the SAME progress of a 4TH GEN badge quest here, at least not without some 5th gen news.
    @TheEliteEmpoleon, Grats on the Cobalion!
    i know that ...... so i cant post about my badge quest here anymore :/

ah well that sucks well i guess i will post if i find a shiny whirlipede or something different

gl on the hunt tho everyone
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast