Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1601

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Malmortius View Post
    Its been 2 weeks of SRing every day for about 5 hours on my pokemon black 2 and still no shiny oshawott..

Just to be sure, where should i soft reset from? is it just before you choose your pokemon?
    Yes, right before you choose it from Bianca.

I have a question, what's the best nature for Skorpi?
    I'm hunting it in the new town and I'm really hoping I either get it or Diblifm (I suck at names :/)
    I have about a hundred something REs, I really hope I get it.
    Wish me luck... hope your hunts go well too.

My wishes to those in the areas affected by Hurricane Sandy.
    I have family on the coast so it bothers me greatly, worst, family where Sandy is going across land.

Quote Originally Posted by TomoEGoto View Post
    I'm hunting it in the new town and I'm really hoping I either get it or Diblifm (I suck at names :/)
    I have about a hundred something REs, I really hope I get it.
    Wish me luck... hope your hunts go well too.

My wishes to those in the areas affected by Hurricane Sandy.
    I have family on the coast so it bothers me greatly, worst, family where Sandy is going across land.
    Careful if going defensive, Jolly if going offensive.

Almost 2/3 of the way to getting my shiny charm, some pokemon gave me a lot of trouble (I'm looking at you Politoed and Togetic)
    Shiny Pokemon collection http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9820979&type=3

Shiny Dex Completion - 0/649

National Dex Completion - 375/649

Quote Originally Posted by TomoEGoto View Post
    Adamant, Jolly, Impish or Careful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post

As for the shinies on GTS, I wouldn't trust 'em.
    A few shinies in the GTS are actually perfectly fine and legitimate.
    Usually the reason why people traded them off is because the Nature/gender/ability/IV is not what they want, or they just realized they forgot the egg move.

My shinies. Just click the links~

~Shiny Banner 1~
    ~Shiny Banner 2~
    ~Shiny Banner 3~

My shinies are not for trade or cloning.
    Shinies are not listed in order, for example the last shiny on the banner is not always the latest shiny I've obtained.
    Banner 1 made by Light Venusaur, thanks ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Shine View Post
    A few shinies in the GTS are actually perfectly fine and legitimate.
    Usually the reason why people traded them off is because the Nature/gender/ability/IV is not what they want, or they just realized they forgot the egg move.

yeah, when i find a random shiny, i just chuck it onto the GTS.

i actually do that to some of my rnged shiny ones too...

Now at 8700 soft resets. Shiny Snivy, why must you continue to hide from me? ;__;

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

now at 3000 + eggs in my mm hunt for a shiny litwick :/

I'm still trying to get a Shiny Cyndaquil with Matsuda Method, but after 300 eggs I've got no luck

I'll hatch a few more and then I'll stop for a while because I have some breeding to do, but I'm going to get that shiny!

Spoiler:- Friend Code and Safari Info:

Beta Competition Masters Division: W25 L9 - Rating 1736 - Ranking 100th
    June International Challenge Masters Division: W10 L7 - Rating 1544 - Ranking 2784th

Overall WiFi Double Battle Record: W47 L20

*Credit to Astral Shadow from The Under for the userbar*

Quote Originally Posted by NitroLightningFlash View Post
    Now that i'm finally back from holiday i can now upload pictures of my shiny Scolipede (Venipede #2) that i got with the Masuda Method

After 381 eggs, born a little before 12.30am on 20th October 2012 (just over a month since Venipede #1):

I named her 'NeonShine' since these pictures, so happy i finally got my favorite shiny this generation-still can't believe she has the same nature as Venipede #1 though (sassy) x3

Now i'm hoping to go for either a Trapinch or a Spinarak. But probably just going to concentrate on Black 2 for now (when i get it later this week).

Nice shiny! Congratulations!
    Thanks and congrats to you to, I wish you luck getting that spinarak or trapinch, does anyone else have the shiny charm if so, have you gotten a shiny with it yet, I've had dry luck since I got it -_-

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Was hunting for a Swablu when I ran across a shiny Mienfoo. She has Regenerator and Gentle nature (which isn't ideal but isn't horrible), so I think she's just taken the sixth spot on my team. :'3
    Shiny Hunt Status
    Darumaka (W, random) - found!
    Tranquill (W, random) - found!
    Maractus (W, Masuda) - 660 eggs hatched
    Oshawott (W, Masuda) - not started

Oh. My. God. After 2067 SRs without the Shiny Charm and 761 with it, I just got a Shiny Cobalion. I wasn't even paying attention when it appeared. I looked down to see if I had to reset and it took me a second to register what it was. I ended up catching it in a Timer Ball with it Paralyzed and in the Yellow. I just checked its nature and characteristic. Its Adamant and Hates to Lose. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just ecstatic that my first SR hunt managed to be successful after a mere 2828 resets. In all honesty, I'm just in utter shock. I started this hunt on the 14th as a way of celebrating beating the Elite Four. I then took a break to get the Shiny Charm a week later, and got it on Sunday.

I might post pictures later. Didn't get any it when it was wild. I was just too shocked to do anything but catch it. And yes, I just totally copied and pasted my post from the GPD Shiny Thread.

3DS Friend Code: 2535-4249-2325
    PM me if you add me for X and Y so I can add you too! I apparently give Sandile, Nuzleaf, and Liepard in the Friend Safari.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknir View Post
    Oh. My. God. After 2067 SRs without the Shiny Charm and 761 with it, I just got a Shiny Cobalion. I wasn't even paying attention when it appeared. I looked down to see if I had to reset and it took me a second to register what it was. I ended up catching it in a Timer Ball with it Paralyzed and in the Yellow. I just checked its nature and characteristic. Its Adamant and Hates to Lose. It doesn't matter to me. I'm just ecstatic that my first SR hunt managed to be successful after a mere 2828 resets. In all honesty, I'm just in utter shock. I started this hunt on the 14th as a way of celebrating beating the Elite Four. I then took a break to get the Shiny Charm a week later, and got it on Sunday.

I might post pictures later. Didn't get any it when it was wild. I was just too shocked to do anything but catch it. And yes, I just totally copied and pasted my post from the GPD Shiny Thread.
    Congrats on Cobalion, After I get my shiny Charm, the first shinies I am going after are all the stationary Legendaries, Might start with Latias since I love her shiny form.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknir View Post

Congrats, and adamant to that's pretty good on a cobalion, wish I could have better luck with shinies lately

Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

*deep breath* Okay....so finally I'm off school, and I do not intend to let this free time go wasted. I already mamaged to do 3 hours today (wich is a lot for me) and I still have the whole night (it's only about midnight here). I'm planning to get at least another two hours in before calling it a day.
    God, then I'd have done 500 Tepigs in one day. Amazing *_*
    Plz shine soon my darling...

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    *deep breath* Okay....so finally I'm off school, and I do not intend to let this free time go wasted. I already mamaged to do 3 hours today (wich is a lot for me) and I still have the whole night (it's only about midnight here). I'm planning to get at least another two hours in before calling it a day.
    God, then I'd have done 500 Tepigs in one day. Amazing *_*
    Plz shine soon my darling...
    I wish you luck, its gotten quiet in this thread lately, I have had no luck with my shiny charm working yet

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

At first i was meaning to hatch a shiny Trapinch/Spinarak...but then i changed my mind to Zorua instead and i'm so glad i did!
    My third Masuda Method shiny (second if you count my two Venipede's as one); hatched after just 316 Zorua eggs (1,500 if i include the other eggs i've been hatching with no luck), born on the 2cnd November 2012 (today) around 16:20pm, it's been just under two weeks (two weeks tomorrow) since i got my last Masuda Method shiny (20th October-Shiny Venipede, now a Scolipede on the previous page) so i'm quite shocked at how fast this one came-and the Everstone worked this time so it's Naive (makes up for the failed two shiny Venipede natures i got before this one) AND she's a GIRL! I feel so lucky right now. it's funny because i saw a rainbow before and i wished on it to get my shiny today and it clearly listened, lol not really but you know what i mean ^.^
    IV's are:
    HP: 11
    Attack: 20
    Defense: 0 (!)
    Special Attack: 23 (yay!)
    Special Defense: 27 (uhm...but she has a - Sp Defense nature? makes no sense but whatever x3)
    Speed: 17 ...okay i guess x3
    Admittedly not that great, but i'm happy all the same. I hope my luck rubs off on some of you with your shinies and congratulations to all who've recently got shinies ^.^
    Probably going to try to Masuda Method Sigilyph (the original first Masuda Method shiny i wanted which i never got and instead it wound up being Venipede#1) once again or maybe try Finneon-which one should i do out of the two? Any ideas? x3
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 15th November 2012 at 5:22 PM.
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

I've hatched another 100 eggs on my Shiny Pichu Masuda Method hunt. I probably could've hatched more if I tried, but I'm busy with some other games, so this Shiny hunt isn't my biggest priority right now. I'm just doing this for fun. I may have to postpone it at some point though, just for a few weeks since my oldest DS is broken and all I have is a used DS Lite that looks like it might also break soon, meaning that I won't be able to play Black/White. In the meantime, I'll just try and hatch as many Pichu eggs as I can on Skyarrow Bridge.

hey, not played pokemon in a little while but i just got white 2 a couple of days ago and i'm trying to get the shiny charm. I was just wondering how long it took anybody who has completed the pokedex (not necessarily on the second versions of black and white) to do so. I'm sort of approaching it with the method of speeding through the gyms and pokemon league, then dealing with catching everything afterwards when i have high level pokemon and its easier to train etc. although im only on the 8th gym so its going okay. Also take into account for the pokedex completion that i wont have any problems with the unobtainable or event ones. thank you in advance
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Quote Originally Posted by mad_toast_boy View Post
    hey, not played pokemon in a little while but i just got white 2 a couple of days ago and i'm trying to get the shiny charm. I was just wondering how long it took anybody who has completed the pokedex (not necessarily on the second versions of black and white) to do so. I'm sort of approaching it with the method of speeding through the gyms and pokemon league, then dealing with catching everything afterwards when i have high level pokemon and its easier to train etc. although im only on the 8th gym so its going okay. Also take into account for the pokedex completion that i wont have any problems with the unobtainable or event ones. thank you in advance
    I had been playing white 2 since it came out and I just got the charm 5 days ago I needed about 5 trades from people here, unless you have all the pokemon you need for the dex on 1 game it will take you awhile, I had mine spread across about 5 games

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mad_toast_boy View Post
    I've been working on getting it since it came out. I have over 500 Pokemon right now and I used the GTS to get a lot of things I need/needed. I also have been using Sapphire, LeafGreen, Platinum, and HeartGold but because of the limit of 6 Pokemon per day with the Gen III to IV games it's taking a bit that way as well. I've never caught Pokemon for the sake on catching them since my first Pearl playthrough and that's because I was curious about the new generation. Now the shiny charm is making me wish I kept on doing that and didn't loose three of my games. My biggest tip would be to use Join Avenue's food place and hair place to boost friendship on pokemon who evolve that way, your time getting them won't be so hard if you use that and Bianca's friendship checker.

Thinking about Alpha Sapphire:

Trainers from Bulbapedia (Kris from Spriters Resource),
    Gen I-IV Pokemon from The Spriters Resource, Gen 5 Pokemon from
    cSandoval on DeviantArt, Serena from tebited15 on Deviant Art,
    Gen III Pokemon from Bulbapedia

I had a VERY lucky day which is not normal for me. Before today, I got 2 shinies in my 8+ years of playing Pokemon. A Mienshao in Pokemon Black and a Totodile in Heart Gold. But today, I decided to go back to the Heart Gold file where I got my Totodile and play a bit, 3rd pokemon I run into is a Shiny Zubat in Union Cave. I only had a Poke Ball and Great Ball on me but managed to catch it! 12 Hours later I am playing Pokemon Black 2 trying to complete the Unova Dex and I run into a Shiny Shelmet Pretty freaking happy!
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

Quote Originally Posted by PokemonAdventures149 View Post
    I had a VERY lucky day which is not normal for me. Before today, I got 2 shinies in my 8+ years of playing Pokemon. A Mienshao in Pokemon Black and a Totodile in Heart Gold. But today, I decided to go back to the Heart Gold file where I got my Totodile and play a bit, 3rd pokemon I run into is a Shiny Zubat in Union Cave. I only had a Poke Ball and Great Ball on me but managed to catch it! 12 Hours later I am playing Pokemon Black 2 trying to complete the Unova Dex and I run into a Shiny Shelmet Pretty freaking happy!
    Congrats on 2 shinies in such a short time span, I'm currently going after Landorus. 10 resets so far

Thank you and good luck on your hunt! I'm not really hunting anything at the moment, just want to get the Shiny charm on Black 2. Its gonna take me a while but it will be worth it

Congrats everyone on getting 1,000 posts in this thread!
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

Well My luck came though again today after my uncle asks me how to get the Shiny Gible on his Black 2 yesterday, while I was training my Hyderieon with a perfect Iv's in speed I encountered a Shiny Jolly Wigglypuff and it's stats are:

Shiny Wigglypuff (Ryuusei)Lv 59
    Jolly nature
    Loves to eat
    HP 251
    attack 93
    defence 61
    special attack 88
    special defence 69
    speed 68
    IVs: 30 / 10 / 5, 6 / 8, 9 / 9, 10 / 7, 8
    NEWEST SHINY POKEMON:
    Shiny Watchog (Female) Fifi Lv 55
    Obtained: 11/18/12
    Naive nature, A little quick tempered.
    Stats:
    hp 145, attack 113, defence 95, sp.attack 73, sp.defence 83, speed 114
    Keen eye ability
    Ivs:
    Hp 26, attack 27, defence 26 ,sp. attack 4 ,Sp. defence 22, Speed 26 (What is it with 26?)

Shines:

Secret target status: Japenese ditto is obtained

'Nothing is normal, curosity will agree...'

Page 40 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast