Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1601

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Sigh... now at just over 10,200 soft resets for shiny Snivy.

Good luck guys.

My shiny Pokemon pictures ~~ My shiny Pokemon videos
    AC:NL - Helen from Fafner ~~ Dream Address: 7700-3428-6939
    3DS 1 FC: 2208-4574-2359 ~ 3DS 2 FC: 0834-1721-4212
    Newest shiny: Kyurem - 2nd February 2014 (Black 2 - 3329 soft resets)

ok, i've beat the elite 4 and im now just travelling around to get every area of the region open to me. I've traded over my false swipe scizor so pretty soon im going to start catching as many pokemon as i can to complete this pokedex. The only thing i can see that will hold me back a little is if i have to evolve any through happiness.
    Quote Originally Posted by BunniBear4 View Post
    My biggest tip would be to use Join Avenue's food place and hair place to boost friendship on pokemon who evolve that way, your time getting them won't be so hard if you use that and Bianca's friendship checker.
    so i cannot thank you enough for this aha
    Also i think levelling the pokemon up wont be too difficult as there are so many high level wild pokemon and trainers around, i honestly didnt expect them to be this high so thats a bonus.
    anyways, i'll be keeping you updated on how it goes

EDIT: pokemon with 5% rarity are slowing me down big time styley, took me over an hour to find a riolu. -_-
    Last edited by mad_toast_boy; 3rd November 2012 at 4:15 PM.
    I have many event pokemon and over 300 shiny pokemon, pm me if you are interested in a trade
    Pokemon white 2 FC: 4256 1669 7985

OFFERING CLONING SERVICE: the fee is that i can keep a copy of the pokemon, pm me if interested

OFFERING RNG SERVICE: i can RNG any pokemon that can be found in the wild, and most breedable pokemon (both for shinyness and IV spread), pm me if interested

Not having much luck with shinies in any of my games. I've been dual SRing for shiny Oshawott in my two copies of Black 2, but I have gone past 16k SRs without a shiny to show for it. I haven't had a 1/8192 shiny since March, so I'm having a huge shiny slump. I have also been playing though White 2 in hopes of running into a random shiny too. I don't have a specific target in that game, so any shiny would do .

Hmm just a quick question i thought of; if a Japanese Pokemon is traded onto an English game and the Japanese Pokemon learns a new move on the English game-would the Japanese Pokemon still be Japanese?
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Haven't posted here in awhile! I've been dual hunting for my shiny badge quest on Black 2 and Relic Castle on White and after 13,573 encounters my hunt in Relic Castle finally ends! :]

I used a Relaxed sync but it failed so it ended up with a adamant nature which doesn't bother me too much I'm just glad I finally got it! Gratz on any recent shinies and good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by NitroLightningFlash View Post
    Hmm just a quick question i thought of; if a Japanese Pokemon is traded onto an English game and the Japanese Pokemon learns a new move on the English game-would the Japanese Pokemon still be Japanese?
    Yes, once Japanese always Japanese.
    Shiny Kalos Challenge!
    (Obtain all 6th gen shinies)
    66/66 Obtained! Completed!!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 6/24/14
    Total Shinies: 256

Currently Hunting:
    Pokemon X:
    Soul Silver: Safari Zone. (RE)
    Heart Gold: Safari Zone. (RE)

congrats on the claydol awesome shiny.

As for me Im still SRing for oshawott in W2 now at 3700 SRs.

Good luck to everyone
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

I have the shiny charm but am having TOTAL crap luck with shinies hope I get something this weekend

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    I have the shiny charm but am having TOTAL crap luck with shinies hope I get something this weekend
    Shiny charm? Don't tell me there is an charm in BW2 that increases shiny chances ;O

Looking for active friend codes of people that love to do Multi battles.
    No skill level required but dont use Ubers. Give me a PM/VM with your friend code so we can become friends and enjoy some great Multi battles !
    my fc = 0705 4374 1566

Yeah there is. I believe it picks you up to 3/8192 but I could be wrong. You get it for completing the national dex.
    Newest Pokemon Forum On the Net!

FC: 1907 - 9183 - 3867 - Water Safari with Frogadier

something like that. 1 in 2,370.6 says serebii's page on the charm. (1/1024 for Masuda Method)
    Pearl BQ: 1.2.3.4.
    SS BQ: 1.2.3.

Okay......so... got two hours in today, three more to go. Better set up the youtube playlist for my shiny hunts xD

Btw, I was wondering what you guys do usually while you hunt?
    Also, good luck to everyone. Patience is the key!

Spoiler:- Credits:

Quote Originally Posted by Luann View Post
    Okay......so... got two hours in today, three more to go. Better set up the youtube playlist for my shiny hunts xD

Btw, I was wondering what you guys do usually while you hunt?
    Also, good luck to everyone. Patience is the key!
    Well, with my first two hunts, I was watching Stargate SG-1 in the middle of the night and was randomly SRing on my HG for my third hunt.
    My fourth hunt I was reading Memebase and looking at a shiny hunter's recent video of the same shiny I was looking for.

.... I HATE trading and memorizing what Pokemon I still need.
    I have 552 Pokemon in the National Dex and still more to collect besides the events and 285 for Unova.

Quote Originally Posted by Azulart View Post
    Shiny charm? Don't tell me there is an charm in BW2 that increases shiny chances ;O
    Yeah and its not that easy to get and seems pointless even though I have it, I just started looking for shinies again and it doesnt help much, I haven't found any even though the day before I got the charm I found my first shiny in giant chasm's cave

Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Congrats everyone on their recent shinies, still no luck with Landorus

Off-Topic: Is this a good IV spread for a Modest Natured Landorus taking into consideration that this is the best I got after ~120 resets?

27/24/19/29/8/23
    Shiny Pokemon collection http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9820979&type=3

Shiny Dex Completion - 0/649

National Dex Completion - 375/649

Quote Originally Posted by SmeargleRocks View Post
    Yeah and its not that easy to get and seems pointless even though I have it, I just started looking for shinies again and it doesnt help much, I haven't found any even though the day before I got the charm I found my first shiny in giant chasm's cave
    It's not gonna make it a shiny in the first 100 encounters it's around 2000? Better than 8000. You can't really notice the difference until you get really high. Most shinies will probably be right around that 2000 mark. Just be patient.

Just got my Oval Charm, though it's not worth noting, I was expecting every fifty steps I'd get an egg but nothing like that.
    All that constant trading and training, now I can try to get my second shiny on my White 2, if only it'd shine already.
    Best of luck.

Managed to get my first wild shiny whilst exp shairing on route 15
    A fearow called fearbow, naughty nature. Haven't got a picture.
    My 3310'th wild encounter

Does anyone else get mad at N's pokemon while walking around? I keep seeing them shine and for a second my heart beats faster but then I realize they aren't shiny and feel sad lol.
    Check out PokemonPlus:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/vzbsk6.png[/IMG]

White2 FC: 3225 3432 9438
    3ds Code: 2578-4302-3106

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald SIlk View Post
    Does anyone else get mad at N's pokemon while walking around? I keep seeing them shine and for a second my heart beats faster but then I realize they aren't shiny and feel sad lol.
    My life story unfortunately
    Shiny Pokemon collection http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...9820979&type=3

Shiny Dex Completion - 0/649

National Dex Completion - 375/649

As soon as I get the shiny charm, I'm going to SR for the Musketeer Trio on two nintendos.

By the way, I'm looking for this Adamant Riolu in Flocessy Ranch, I'm not going foward in the game until I find one (this is on hard mode). I'm starting to think the chances of finding a shiny are better. So I'll tell you if I find one.

My half-week off school is over...just about to go to sleep. I'm kind of disappointed, even though I know I shouldn't be. I know I'm just at the beginning (only 2200 Tepigs? Really? T-T) but I guess deep down I kinda hoped that it was going to shine this week end...

Oh well. I'll get back to it tomorrow, even though I'm gonna have to return at a 2 hour per day routine. Hopefully I'll find it by christmas. And even if I don't, I'll have anpother load of free time at christmas break so I'm bound to get my Tepig before the end of the year

Spoiler:- Credits:

just passed the 4000 mark fir oshawott... best of luck to the rest of you
    GLASSTHEDRAGON
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Current Hunt:
    8,400 SRs
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Other Hunts
    2123 REs

So I was on Route 4, right? I had my Synchronize Adamant Abra out and was combing the sand. This was in Black 2, where I have my Shiny Charm, by the way. And then, about 20 or so encounters in, I see something, and all I keep thinking is, "Pink. That Darumaka is pink." And then the sparkles triggered a dance of victory and celebration. One Quick Ball later, and she was MINE! And the Adamant Synchronizer worked, too!

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    So I was on Route 4, right? I had my Synchronize Adamant Abra out and was combing the sand. This was in Black 2, where I have my Shiny Charm, by the way. And then, about 20 or so encounters in, I see something, and all I keep thinking is, "Pink. That Darumaka is pink." And then the sparkles triggered a dance of victory and celebration. One Quick Ball later, and she was MINE! And the Adamant Synchronizer worked, too!
    Congrats on the darumaka I need a new synchronizer, I only have timid, anyway yeah congrats wish I could get some luck from you shiny darumaka is pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    It's not gonna make it a shiny in the first 100 encounters it's around 2000? Better than 8000. You can't really notice the difference until you get really high. Most shinies will probably be right around that 2000 mark. Just be patient.
    I'm actually at 2,000+ encounters since last Sunday when I got the charm I am at 3,340+ now
    Last edited by SmeargleRocks; 5th November 2012 at 3:45 AM.

Shiny Number 1268

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pilpulp View Post
    Just because it drops the odds of finding a shiny doesn't mean that you will find a shiny. You could do 2000 SRs and it's still a 1 in 2000-something chance.

Page 41 of 65 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast