Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1601

Thread: 5th Gen Shiny Discussion/FAQ Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rai1994 View Post
    I am considering giving up on my current hunt... I've hatched a TOTAL of 3,048 eggs... Which is outrageous considering I'm Hunting Via Masuda Method and using the Shiny Charm... I originally did 1,638 on my Black then post-poned it until B2W2. Continued my hunt after I got my Shiny Latias and hatched 1,410 Eggs on White 2. Don't get me wrong, I am NOT a noob to Shiny Pokémon. I know that even if I am using the Shiny Charm and doing the Masuda Method it is not a 100% guarantee. I'm just getting sick and tired of going back and forth hatching non-shiny Electrike after non-shiny Electrike, 3,000+ Eggs is just not worth it in my opinion... To make matters even worse for me, I want a Male Shiny Electrike since my first one that was stolen was a Male. I don't want to waste a lot of my time hatching eggs just to end up with a Female.... I don't know... it's just extremely discouraging.........
    I felt the same way with my W1 SR hunt of Terrakion. I had done over a months worth of SRing for it and eventually gave up on it and learned how to RNG on BW1. BW2 RNG is different so I haven't begun to dabble with it. I'd recommend taking a break from it and coming back to it again later down the line.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1469-6412 (PM Me If You'd Like To Exchange 3DS Friend Codes!!)
    YouTube | Facebook | GooglePlus | Forums | Pokemon & Yu-Gi-Oh! Blog

WiFi Battles & Pokemon LPs: http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePokeeGamer

Thank you City of Delusion! Still no luck, but i keep trying. And awesome, congratulations to your shiny cresselia! Good luck on your current hunts (Registeel and Wynaut). And I hope you will find your Electrike soon Rai. 3000 eggs are really bad luck. =(

By the way, I would like to use some sort of shiny card in my signature. And I found so many trainercard generators, but no shiny cards
    Are there some sort of shiny card generators, or people who can do something like that? I would like to contact them =)

After quite a while of evening/chilling REs I finally got my route 6 shiny, Marill! 5% chance which I am pretty chuffed about :) This marks my 3rd Shiny in my pokemon black 2, all with the shiny charm

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    Last edited by Marvs; 3rd March 2013 at 6:00 PM.
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Pokemon Y - 3DS Friend Code - 0731-6148-7742
    Safari Pokemon - Fraxure, Noibat, Druddigon

Congrats on the Shinies guys!

I come bearing shiny! And this one is special for me, it's my first, officially hunted MM Shiny Pokemon!!!

It took around a week but it finally hatched, an Adamant, Iron Fist shiny Golurk! T_T, What do you guys think?

After a year of hunting i finally got my shiny kyurem. It appeared today while watching some youtube videos and I didnt even have to use my masterballl ont it. I decided to throw my masterball after i got a ball to shake once. I threw 5 balls at full health just to say then i paralysed it and almost got it down to almost yellow hp. I threw my first real ball( i actually weakened it and such) and I caught it. Its IV's suck(highest IV is 18) but oh well.
    3DS Friend Code: 3780-9421-5420

Gratz to Marvs on the 5% shiny Marill (epic!), LexSuicune on Golett and VIA on Kyurem!

I also have shiny news!

Yes! After 7-8k encounters on my White version, Wynaut shines for me! The nature is Relaxed which is nice so I'm pretty happy with it. Good luck everyone :]
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

Hey guys. Congrats to city on wynaut and the several others since my last 'report'.
    The last time i posted, i had hatched a shiny charmander. Now i have started my bulbasaur hunt, its at 300 eggs. Hopefully i'll complete the trio soon. Gl!
    My Shiny Pokemon:

5th Gen:
    ;Emolga; ;Solosis;

6th Gen:
    Greninja ;Volcarona; (X2) Aegislash ;Lampent; Diggersby

Luvin' the t'wigs <3
    3DS fc: Paddy 2621-3316-5077 (Pm if you add me)

Found a shiny Weezing last night in P2 Laboratory in Black 2. Given my previous experiences with Weezing having used Explosion on me, I didn't want to take any chances and just used my Master Ball on it.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDecking Shinobi View Post
    I felt the same way with my W1 SR hunt of Terrakion. I had done over a months worth of SRing for it and eventually gave up on it and learned how to RNG on BW1. BW2 RNG is different so I haven't begun to dabble with it. I'd recommend taking a break from it and coming back to it again later down the line.
    BW2 RNG is exactly the same as BW1 as far as wild encounters go, just more Timer0s.

Just SRed for a Shiny Kyogre on my HG!!! YAY!!!!!

Credits: Large UserBar Banner Made By Sworn Metalhead @ Daedric Design

Hunting Larvitar on Black 2 Masuda method with shiny charm. I seem to have horrid luck with MM and Shiny Charm between both my eng black 2 and jap white 2 ive now hatched over 10000 eggs and gotten only 1 shiny a Gastly

Quote Originally Posted by cybersonic233 View Post
    Hunting Larvitar on Black 2 Masuda method with shiny charm. I seem to have horrid luck with MM and Shiny Charm between both my eng black 2 and jap white 2 ive now hatched over 10000 eggs and gotten only 1 shiny a Gastly
    That's pretty bad luck! Just keep at it though, you'll just have random lucky days. On my black 1 Sunday was my lucky day, no lie every Sunday for about 4 consecutive weeks I got my MM target - it was bizarre! I'm now hunting in reversal mountain, I'll be happy with any of the shinys there, except grumpig!
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Yeah, lol MM is pretty weird, I wasn't hunting for a Shiny Mankey but the first egg I bred (Prior Shiny Charm) with my Mankey and my JAP Ditto was Shiny.

The odds are there though, much better than hatching 8000 eggs no? XD

I feel like the luckiest person in the world. My first shiny Pokémon was caught in Sapphire, it was a Feebas (now a Milotic). It is my prized Pokémon. I was playing White version 2 last night and ran into a shiny male Combee in a doubles wild Pokémon encounter. I freaked out but was slightly disappointed due to it's only slightly different color and it being male.

Then about 30 minutes later while surfing at Village Bridge for a Lapras, I ran into a wild shiny Marill! I was in shock due to running into two shiny Pokémon randomly within an hour on the same day. I'm so ecstatic for this Marill because when it evolves into an Azumarill it will compliment my gold shiny Milotic nicely.

Randomly caught: 2006 | 3/3/2013 (caught as Marill) | 3/3/2013

Now THAT'S what I like to call LUCK.

Some people play Pokemon for years and never encounter one.

I've encounter 3 RE Shinies, one (a Green Zubat) on Pokémon Silver, a Shiny Roselia on Platinum and a Shiny Lilligant on White 2.

Congrats bathyscaphe!

Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post

I've been playing since the original Red and Blue and have still never seen one besides the red gyarados. I don't think I'll ever see one at this rate.
    FC: 3582-8784-1492
    IGN: Adam

Pokemon Y Friend Safari - Ghost: Lampent, Phantump, Dusclops

Quote Originally Posted by LexSuicune View Post

I've encounter 3 RE Shinies, one (a Green Zubat) on Pokémon Silver, a Shiny Roselia on Platinum and a Shiny Lilligant on White 2.

Congrats bathyscaphe!

It's great when you get a flush of luck! Last month I decided to put my Riolu MM hunt on hold to try and get some pass powers to speed the process up, on the first mission I ran into a shiny Herdier - then realised that the hatch power is only available on white so decided to go back to MMing, in the first batch I got my shiny Riolu!
    Pokemon Black 2

Masuda

Random
    x2x2

Resets

Ah it's been a while since I have been hunting-- as well as being on the forums!
    I currently have 4 shinies:
    Chandelure from RE
    Whimsicott from MM
    Eevee from Chaining
    and Poochyena completely out of the blue
    Sadly at this moment I dont have my numbers because i saved my shiny hunt info on my external hard drive and it has disappeared somewhere ; ;
    But at this moment I am now MM for a shiny feebas! I so far hatched 210 eggs, and at the moment filling up 3 boxes with eggs. Heres to hoping it wont reach to 1000 like my failed petilil hunt did ; ;
    Tweet Tweet | Shiny Hunt Tumblr

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Quote Originally Posted by starrrah View Post
    Ah it's been a while since I have been hunting-- as well as being on the forums!
    I currently have 4 shinies:
    Chandelure from RE
    Whimsicott from MM
    Eevee from Chaining
    and Poochyena completely out of the blue
    Sadly at this moment I dont have my numbers because i saved my shiny hunt info on my external hard drive and it has disappeared somewhere ; ;
    But at this moment I am now MM for a shiny feebas! I so far hatched 210 eggs, and at the moment filling up 3 boxes with eggs. Heres to hoping it wont reach to 1000 like my failed petilil hunt did ; ;
    When I ran into my shiny my shiny feebas in sapphire I didn't even notice it. It didn't look as purple as it does now. But I love my milotic.
    Randomly caught: 2006 | 3/3/2013 (caught as Marill) | 3/3/2013

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyCobraMew View Post
    Nice job and congrats especially on Giratina, been meaning to go back and get mine but really cool and a decent nature to boot as well so congrats on both shinies
    Thank you i still can't believe my luck on Giratina! How are your hunts going? : P

On Pokemon Black, i'm now up to 1,832 Chikorita eggs (and 2,201 eggs in total since my last shiny-yeah i know i haven't done much hatching since my last report but i've had hardly no time or motivation lately) and still no golden Chikorita-so i've decided to go back and do what i used to; collecting/hatching at least 4 boxes a day, doing a different Pokemon in every box, and then soft resetting if no shiny appears and restart.

On Black 2; i'm currently soft resetting for a shiny Volcarona with a Modest natured synchroniser to improve chances of Volcarona being Modest natured-240 soft resets so far and still going strong, going to start posting here more as it keeps me motivated and helps others to be encouraged when people report success stories :3

Good luck on all hunts and congratulations on all recent shinies; especially the Golett and the Cresselia (a very nice shiny i might add ^.^)

EDIT: I'm really upset....today not long after posting this, i lent my friend my Black game for a bit....well when she returned it to me i turned it on...i don't know what she's done to my game but...now it keeps crashing as soon as i load the game up and i don't know what to do...i could start a new file...but then i'll lose EVERY shiny i have Masuda Methoded the past 6 months so i don't know what to do now....;-;
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 8th March 2013 at 7:17 PM.
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Shiny Surskit shone after exactly 5000 Re's!

Gratz on the recent shinies, especially bathyscaphe on Marill and Combee!
    Latest Shiny!
    Obtained 12/20/14
    Total Shinies: 261

Currently Hunting:
    Omega Ruby: Torchic. (SR)
    Pokemon X: Buneary. (MM)

I've been playing some Pokemon Snap!

http://s1293.beta.photobucket.com/us...eplex/library/

Inside the Battle Pyramid on Emerald. So this post can be moved or just copied to 3rd Gen forums for it's fans, like myself.

I named the folder on my computer: "Found a shiny Breloom inside Frontier.". I also hope this link works. Can you guys tell me what you see?

I'm actually very elated because I did "Catch it." On camera, however. I'm aware of the anti-RNG on Emerald so I might could even run into it again if I do everything the exact same way. Unless that auto-save that promotes disqualifying you if you interrupt your challenge comes in effect. I did save at the Battle Pyramid guide.

So does this count as a 6th shiny on my Emerald play? Can I say "Guess who?!" ?
    PokeBalls are biodegradable. Don't litter.
    ~Officer Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by NitroLightningFlash View Post
    Thank you i still can't believe my luck on Giratina! How are your hunts going? : P

On Pokemon Black, i'm now up to 1,832 Chikorita eggs (and 2,201 eggs in total since my last shiny-yeah i know i haven't done much hatching since my last report but i've had hardly no time or motivation lately) and still no golden Chikorita-so i've decided to go back and do what i used to; collecting/hatching at least 4 boxes a day, doing a different Pokemon in every box, and then soft resetting if no shiny appears and restart.

On Black 2; i'm currently soft resetting for a shiny Volcarona with a Modest natured synchroniser to improve chances of Volcarona being Modest natured-240 soft resets so far and still going strong, going to start posting here more as it keeps me motivated and helps others to be encouraged when people report success stories :3

Good luck on all hunts and congratulations on all recent shinies; especially the Golett and the Cresselia (a very nice shiny i might add ^.^)

EDIT: I'm really upset....today not long after posting this, i lent my friend my Black game for a bit....well when she returned it to me i turned it on...i don't know what she's done to my game but...now it keeps crashing as soon as i load the game up and i don't know what to do...i could start a new file...but then i'll lose EVERY shiny i have Masuda Methoded the past 6 months so i don't know what to do now....;-;
    Only one hunt success, snubbull during a chain on a normal patch on platinum yesterday, sorry to hear about your game, what exactly do you mean by crashing?

3DS XL FC for Pokemon Y 2595-0724-5772 IGN SmeargleRocks
    Shiny Number 1268

I can offer gen6 cloning services, I will only clone what I don't have as glitch cloning can take awhile and be stressful

Self caught shinies on Y 24
    first successfull (and accidental) MM Shelmet timid 31/1/19/31/31/31 4:25 pm EST 4/14/14
    Shiny XD Gale of Darkness Zubat caught September 17th 2012 @ 4:24 pm EST cave PokeSpot

FUC* ALL HACKERS!!!
    ALL Gen6 6IV Event pokemon are hacked

Quote Originally Posted by DizzyCobraMew View Post
    Only one hunt success, snubbull during a chain on a normal patch on platinum yesterday, sorry to hear about your game, what exactly do you mean by crashing?
    Nice! Congratulations on the snubbul ^^

Oh the game file was still there but when the game started and said 'Autumn' it crashed right there and it didn't load...i tried it on both my Ds Lite (what it crashed on) and my 3ds too...it still didn't work so i've had to restart...I can't bear to pick it up and restart though after all my work for the past 6 months-luckily i still have my event shinies, shiny Giratina (still hadn't transferred it over from Platinum) and my shiny Cottonee on Black 2 though so all's not lost i guess...just i don't have any Masuda/encounter (on Black) anymore which is a downer as in total i had 27 shiny Pokemon, including some chained Pokemon i transferred over, but the loss of my hatched Pokemon hurts more than losing my chained ones 3:

Maybe i could try and reset for a shiny Oshawott though since i've been forced to restart anyway....
    Last edited by NitroLightningFlash; 9th March 2013 at 9:58 AM.
    I love fire and electric types, hence my username!

Current soft reset targets: None

Current chaining targets (Platinum): and

Current random encounter targets (soulsilver badge quest-Route 32): over 300 encounters so far

Current Masuda Method hunt/s: (150 eggs so far)

Most recent shiny (White-MM): (16th April 2013) after 65 Venipede eggs and 185 eggs in total

Ahhh I finally got it!
    After 464 eggs I got a shiny feebas!

It's a mild nature, which isn't too bad
    But now I have 3 more boxes of eggs to hatch hahaha sigh
    Tweet Tweet | Shiny Hunt Tumblr

Spoiler:- Shinies:

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960 ... LastLast