Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    ^That sounds neat.

Shell Smash should raise stats like this: +1/-1/+1/-1/+2, but I guess Cloyster would miss the power.
    Shell smash: +2/-1/+2/-1/+2 it is like this anyway.. it lowers one stage of defenses not 2

Shell Smash decreases the user's Defense and Special Defense stat by one level, but increases the user's Attack, Special Attack, and Speed by two levels each.-Bulbapedia

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Or a parallel to Shell Smash

Shell Build
    Water
    Status
    The user bulks up on armor
    Lowers Speed 3 Stages, boosts Def 2 stages and SpDef 2 stages.

Would give slower Shell Smash users something to bulk up with instead.
    Torkoal could actually take hits a little better in Nu...
    Just use Contrary Shuckle. As for Shell Smash in general, a single drop in defences is enough.

I just remembered all of the "makeshift" Protects. Those could use some changing up.

I think Detect should keep its low PP but should have a 25% decay each turn making it a bit more usable than Protect. As for Quick Guard, I think that if used when the foe uses a move with +1 or +2 priority, all of those move lose their priority (even if granted through Prankster) which could mix things up if say Sharpeado got it. As for Wide Guard, I think it should be given more PP than Protect to differentiate it and guard the user and entire team from attacks in general (including in Single Battles) but can never be used twice in succession on the same team. That still sounds a bit broken for some reason.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Clear Body should prevent all stat drops, including self-induced ones. This means that you can use Close Combat, Overheat etc. without stat drops. It only really affects Metagross and the Regis, but it means the ability doesn't just block Intimidate and random stat drops.
    Clear Body also needs better distribution, since only 6 fully evolved pokemon get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Shell smash: +2/-1/+2/-1/+2 it is like this anyway.. it lowers one stage of defenses not 2

Shell Smash decreases the user's Defense and Special Defense stat by one level, but increases the user's Attack, Special Attack, and Speed by two levels each.-Bulbapedia
    Err...My version raises attacking stats by 1 stage and lowers defenses by 1 stage, and then raises speed by 2 stages.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post

New Move: Incite Body
    Type: Fighting / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: Any Pokémon / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user stimulates the target's body, making each of its moves deal physical damage for three turns."
    - Makes it so that the damage calculation each of the Pokémon's moves over the next three turns are based on their target's Defense, rather than their Sp. Def. Think of it like Psyshock.

New Move: Incite Mind
    Type: Psychic / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: Any Pokémon / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user stimulates the target's mind, making each of its moves deal special damage for three turns."
    - Same as Incite Body, but makes it so that the Pokémon's moves factor in Sp. Def rather than Defense, if it doesn't do so already.

Neither move changes whether Attack or Sp. Atk is used, and neither changes whether or not the move makes contact.
    How do you think of these? It's creative and not to broken!
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Err...My version raises attacking stats by 1 stage and lowers defenses by 1 stage, and then raises speed by 2 stages.
    It is worse than the normal effect.. I don't think it is too broken.. priority and scarfers beat most of them and smeargle got counters

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Or a parallel to Shell Smash

Shell Build
    Water
    Status
    The user bulks up on armor
    Lowers Speed 3 Stages, boosts Def 2 stages and SpDef 2 stages.

Would give slower Shell Smash users something to bulk up with instead.
    Torkoal could actually take hits a little better in Nu...
    A net +1 increase doesn't seem that bad. I like it, although you could probably do with -2 Speed instead.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    I just remembered all of the "makeshift" Protects. Those could use some changing up.

I think Detect should keep its low PP but should have a 25% decay each turn making it a bit more usable than Protect. As for Quick Guard, I think that if used when the foe uses a move with +1 or +2 priority, all of those move lose their priority (even if granted through Prankster) which could mix things up if say Sharpeado go it. As for Wide Guard, I think it should be given more PP than Protect to differentiate it and guard the user and entire team from attacks in general (including in Single Battles) but can never be used twice in succession on the same team. That still sounds a bit broken for some reason.
    I had the idea of making Detect stay the same (you're detecting the entirety of an incoming attack and evading it in the process), whereas with Protect, damage would be mitigated rather than negated after a certain number of uses. But I like your idea of accuracy reduction more (you eventually aren't able to protect your entire body over time).

As for Quick Guard, how does a move "lose priority"?

And yeah, your Wide Guard still seems a bit too broken. I think it's fine as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Clear Body should prevent all stat drops, including self-induced ones. This means that you can use Close Combat, Overheat etc. without stat drops. It only really affects Metagross and the Regis, but it means the ability doesn't just block Intimidate and random stat drops.
    Clear Body also needs better distribution, since only 6 fully evolved pokemon get it.
    If you imagine the stat drops from Intimidate, Growl, Scary Face, etc. as a materialized projectile coming at the Pokémon, the Pokémon with Clear Body would be unaffected by that "projectile". The stat drops from using Superpower, Overheat, and such are caused by the user overexerting its energy, so I think it fits wonderfully as it is.

I do agree with you that the ability should be given to more PokéMon, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    How do you think of these? It's creative and not to broken!
    ...I don't know. I guess it's a form of writer's block relief? (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Shell Smash isn't broken...ugh...damn it.

Anyways, I can only see Shuckle benefiting from a change and that would be a larger drop to the defences. Aside from that, adding bonuses would unbalance it and decreasing its increases wouldn't do much good either.

New Move alert!

New Move: Voulatize

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 20 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user sucks the life force out of the target changing the targets type to Ghost ."

-Voulatize is basically a Ghost Type Soak. Just as soak during Double and Triple battles you can select an Ally as a target. The name Voulatize came from a combination of Involuntary and Vitalize, basically you are involuntarily taking someones soul out.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Shell Smash isn't broken...ugh...damn it.

Anyways, I can only see Shuckle benefiting from a change and that would be a larger drop to the defences. Aside from that, adding bonuses would unbalance it and decreasing its increases wouldn't do much good either.
    It may not be broken, but whether or not it was a well-designed move is another discussion entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New Move alert!

New Move: Voulatize

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 20 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user sucks the life force out of the target changing the targets type to Ghost ."

-Voulatize is basically a Ghost Type Soak. Just as soak during Double and Triple battles you can select an Ally as a target. The name Voulatize came from a combination of Involuntary and Vitalize, basically you are involuntarily taking someones soul out.
    I can't really say anything bad about this, since it's literally an equivalent to a move that's been already made. But I must ask: why Ghost-type?

New Ability: Ignorant
    "This Pokémon's moves can be used regardless of their target's secondary type."
    - Pretty self-explanatory. If a Pokémon with Ignorant uses Surf on a Rhydon, it'll only do x2 damage. Moves like Mach Punch would hit Sableye for super-effective damage. Of course, if the target doesn't have a second type, then this ability is pretty much useless.

I can't really say anything bad about this, since it's literally an equivalent to a move that's been already made. But I must ask: why Ghost-type?
    No particular reason but it does play on the whole Pokemon have souls thing and Turning a Pokemon into a Ghost Type can be quite beneficial.

New Ability: Ignorant
    "This Pokémon's moves can be used regardless of their target's secondary type."
    - Pretty self-explanatory. If a Pokémon with Ignorant uses Surf on a Rhydon, it'll only do x2 damage. Moves like Mach Punch would hit Sableye for super-effective damage. Of course, if the target doesn't have a second type, then this ability is pretty much useless.
    Simple yet interesting enough to be used in battle. I like it. but depending on the Pokemon it can be helpful or hurtful.

It may not be broken, but whether or not it was a well-designed move is another discussion entirely.
    Shell Smash is broken yet balanced. Only few of those who get it can abuse it well. Only Cloyster and Clamperl's evolutions come to mind but I'm sure the others can abuse it well enough in lower tiers however, there the other users are outclassed. Shuckle's an interesting case with Shell Smash and Contrary. Anyways, back to the topic at hand.

It seems like it would fit a Ghost-type to use it. That said, it would make it easy to abuse their STAB however Ghost types with usable power are either frail, have to rely on Pain Split, or are too slow to make enough of an impact. I can only see Duskoir, Spiritomb, Giratina, and Chandelure benefiting from it. Actually, that's quite a few...

No particular reason but it does play on the whole Pokemon have souls thing and Turning a Pokemon into a Ghost Type can be quite beneficial.
    Ah, that'd make sense.

Simple yet interesting enough to be used in battle. I like it. but depending on the Pokemon it can be helpful or hurtful.
    Yeah, it's almost analogous to giving Durant Truant.

Shell Smash is broken yet balanced. Only few of those who get it can abuse it well. Only Cloyster, Shuckle, and Clamperl's evolutions come to mind but I'm sure the others can abuse it well enough in lower tiers.
    I don't think the move is balanced, and I don't have it on my Pokémon for that reason. Sadly, the very existence of the move means I have to be prepared for it.

A +2 net increase is already really good as is; there are only a handful of +3 ones, and a +4 one is just jarring. Talk about power creep!
    I do agree that the move is good on the Clamperl evolutions and Cloyster and such, though.

Having said that, I try to make moves and abilities that are well-designed and not too broken.

Wonder Screen
    Basically Reflect combined with Light Screen. Lasts 5 turns and it'll probably be a signature move for a new legendary.

Moonlight
    New effect: Heals 2/3 in Night and is weakened in Sun.

New Weather: Night
    Dark and Ghost type moves do extra damage during Night weather. Normal type moves are weakened and all accuracy of non-Dark or non-Ghost Pokémon is reduced by 15%.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Wonder Screen
    Basically Reflect combined with Light Screen. Lasts 5 turns and it'll probably be a signature move for a new legendary.
    I'd actually really like that. Most of the time, one of my Pokémon uses one of the two, then it faints before it can use the other one. ):

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Wonder Screen
    I think @wishing star already made a move like that except it was called Dragon Armor I think

New Weather: Night
    Dark and Ghost type moves do extra damage during Night weather. Normal type moves are weakened and all accuracy of non-Dark or non-Ghost Pokémon is reduced by 15%.
    I actually really like this idea, I'm surprised they haven't implemented it yet.

I think @wishing star already made a move like that except it was called Dragon Armor I think
    Nah, all I did was mention that Reflect and Light Screen (or in this case, Wonder Screen) would stack with Dragon Armor. (:

And I can't believe I haven't noticed until now, but the majority of the moves posted here go beyond the twelve-character limit. But that's just something I've noticed.

Nah, all I did was mention that Reflect and Light Screen (or in this case, Wonder Screen) would stack with Dragon Armor. (:

And I can't believe I haven't noticed until now, but the majority of the moves posted here go beyond the But that's just something I've noticed.
    Oh ok. So far all my moves have been below the twelve-character limit. haha

Oh ok. So far all my moves have been below the twelve-character limit. haha
    "Radiant Surge" is thirteen. :P

New Item: Trigger Lens
    "A lens with a very accurate crosshair. It improves the number of hits dealt by multi-hit moves."
    - Skill Link on an item. Hello, Technician Breloom with Bullet Seed! (:

"Radiant Surge" is thirteen. :P
    Radiant Surge is Twelve...unless you are counting the space as well?

B]New Item[/B]: Trigger Lens
    "A lens with a very accurate crosshair. It improves the number of hits dealt by multi-hit moves."
    So will it always make the holder hit 5 times like Skill link or is it still random?

Radiant Surge is Twelve...unless you are counting the space as well?
    Spaces always count. "ThunderPunch", not "Thunder Punch".

So will it always make the holder hit 5 times like Skill link or is it still random?
    Yup, it'll make multi-hit moves always hit the maximum number of times.

If this item were in the games, I could see Breloom going to ubers.

Spaces always count. "ThunderPunch", not "Thunder Punch".

Yup, it'll make multi-hit moves always hit the maximum number of times.

If this item were in the games, I could see Breloom going to ubers.
    ubers? no he is too slow to use it effectivity most of the time Focus Punch is stronger and he isn't uber..

New Item: Trigger Lens
    Ciccino=Best User of this item. It can now use Technician and Skill Link at the same time. Sure it gives up an item slot though.
    Technician Stab Tail Slap hiting 5 times. Talk about Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    ubers? no he is too slow to use it effectivity most of the time Focus Punch is stronger and he isn't uber..
    Focus Punch is weaker than a Technician-boosted, Trigger Lens Bullet Seed. I don't get what you're saying.

New Weather: Fresh Breeze

The speed of Flying Types increase by 15%.Ground and Grass Type's Defense decrease by 10%.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Page 12 of 88 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast