Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by amittal12 View Post
    New Weather: Fresh Breeze

The speed of Flying Types increase by 15%.Ground and Grass Type's Defense decrease by 10%.
    Neat. Though I could see it as an added field effect rather than weather (similar to Gravity, rather than rain or hail), because you can have a nice, cooling breeze on a sunny day. In fact, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Speed increase boosted to 30% in the sun or something.

Why the Defense drop for Ground-types?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Abilities
    Insecticide: All Bug Type super effective moves does 1/4 of the damage.
    Sticky Trap: When switch in, foes pokemon's speed decrease by 1 stage
    Magic Power: Special Attack doubles (sp.atk version of huge power)
    Maybe a set of trio and a steel type. I'm thinking of a water-rock/fire-rock and grass-rock types as well as a steel type for the main one
    Flame Burst: All Fire type moves +20% accuracy. Damage taken from Water types -50%
    Hydro Burst: All Water type moves +20% accuracy. Damage taken from Grass types -50%
    Frenzy Burst: All Grass type moves +20% accuracy. Damage taken from Fire types -50%
    Tough Steel: All moves that utilizes attack are decreased by 50%

Skills
    Rock Burst: For the quad above
    PP: 20/B.P 80/Accuracy: 100/Type: Rock
    The user utilises the stronger attack stats and does damage based on the weaker attack stats.

Example: A 'mon with 80 attack and 120 atk uses this skill. It uses special attack but does physical damage. Sort of like a psychock/sacred sword

Clash Armour
    PP: 20/ B.P 120/Accuracy: 90/ Type: Steel
    The user scratches its armour, creating a large sound. This causes the user's defense to fall by two stages but lowers the foe's attack by 2 stages as well

Trance
    PP: 10/ B.P - / Accuracy: - / Type: Psychic
    The user falls asleep, but gains random status boosts while sleeping due to dreams.

Example: Snorlax uses Trance. It then goes into a sleep mode while the opponent just keeps soaking up. Every turn you're asleep, you gain a random stats boosts by either 1 (60%), 2 (30%), 3 (9%) and 4 (1%).

Magic Swap
    PP: 10/ B.P: --/ Accuracy: 75/ Type: Psychic
    The user switches with the foe's stat changes.

Example: A Gallade uses Magic Swap on a Scizor, who had done a +2 swords dance. That means, after Magic Steal, Gallade gets the +2 attack while Scizor returns to 0, as Gallade did not boost. However, if a +2 calm mind lunatone uses Magic Swap on a solrock. The solrock gets the +2 calm mind while the lunatone goes 0!

Changes:
    Damp: When a pokemon makes physical contact, it has a 30% chance of turning into a water type.
    Volt Absorb and Water Absorb: All electric/water are directed to the Pokemon and heals up to 50% of the user's max hp.
    Weak Armour: Defense -1 stage and Speed +2 stages.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Neat. Though I could see it as an added field effect rather than weather (similar to Gravity, rather than rain or hail), because you can have a nice, cooling breeze on a sunny day. In fact, it wouldn't be surprising to see the Speed increase boosted to 30% in the sun or something.

Why the Defense drop for Ground-types?
    Well the Defense drop for Ground-type is because Ground types use soil to defend but wind erodes the soil thus making their defense weak.
        Spoiler:- Completed and Current Playthroughs:

Focus Punch is weaker than a Technician-boosted, Trigger Lens Bullet Seed. I don't get what you're saying.
    Well I ended up calculating it they have the same BP (forgot about technican.. lol)

Bullet seed with technican: 25*1.2*5*1.5=225 chance of one of them will crit: 31.25%
    Focus Punch: 150*1.5=225
    Same power but focus punch got better coverage and you can use life orb with it (although you will probably use poison heal with a focus punch set)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

My new move!

Power Half
    PP: 10
    Type: Normal (or Psychic)
    Effect: Reduces attack by one stage. Lowers opponent's defense by two stages.

What do you think>
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

A new weather

Clear Skies
    Normal
    5PP
    Clears the weather to a normal day. Can not be overridden by other weather for the 5 turns it lasts. Gives Normal moves a small boost (like 1.2% or something).

An awesome weather counter, and it gives Normal STAB a nice boost, would be moderately distributed (to lesser used Pokemon like the regional birds and rodents), and would allow otherwise useless Pokemon a chance to work in upper tiers.

AND

Change Defog to remove Weather too.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Abilities
    Insecticide: All Bug Type super effective moves does 1/4 of the damage.
    Sticky Trap: When switch in, foes pokemon's speed decrease by 1 stage
    Magic Power: Special Attack doubles (sp.atk version of huge power)
    Maybe a set of trio and a steel type. I'm thinking of a water-rock/fire-rock and grass-rock types as well as a steel type for the main one
    Flame Burst: All Fire type moves +20% accuracy. Damage taken from Water types -50%
    Hydro Burst: All Water type moves +20% accuracy. Damage taken from Grass types -50%
    Frenzy Burst: All Grass type moves +20% accuracy. Damage taken from Fire types -50%
    Tough Steel: All moves that utilizes attack are decreased by 50%

Skills
    Rock Burst: For the quad above
    PP: 20/B.P 80/Accuracy: 100/Type: Rock
    The user utilises the stronger attack stats and does damage based on the weaker attack stats.

Example: A 'mon with 80 attack and 120 atk uses this skill. It uses special attack but does physical damage. Sort of like a psychock/sacred sword

Clash Armour
    PP: 20/ B.P 120/Accuracy: 90/ Type: Steel
    The user scratches its armour, creating a large sound. This causes the user's defense to fall by two stages but lowers the foe's attack by 2 stages as well

Trance
    PP: 10/ B.P - / Accuracy: - / Type: Psychic
    The user falls asleep, but gains random status boosts while sleeping due to dreams.

Example: Snorlax uses Trance. It then goes into a sleep mode while the opponent just keeps soaking up. Every turn you're asleep, you gain a random stats boosts by either 1 (60%), 2 (30%), 3 (9%) and 4 (1%).

Magic Swap
    PP: 10/ B.P: --/ Accuracy: 75/ Type: Psychic
    The user switches with the foe's stat changes.

Example: A Gallade uses Magic Swap on a Scizor, who had done a +2 swords dance. That means, after Magic Steal, Gallade gets the +2 attack while Scizor returns to 0, as Gallade did not boost. However, if a +2 calm mind lunatone uses Magic Swap on a solrock. The solrock gets the +2 calm mind while the lunatone goes 0!

Changes:
    Damp: When a pokemon makes physical contact, it has a 30% chance of turning into a water type.
    Volt Absorb and Water Absorb: All electric/water are directed to the Pokemon and heals up to 50% of the user's max hp.
    Weak Armour: Defense -1 stage and Speed +2 stages.
    Insecticide - Bug is already not a very good offensive type as it is, in terms of coverage and power relative to other types. I'm a bit iffy on this, as it would only make the type worse. The ability should be distributed sparingly.
    Sticky Trap - I actually had this in mind but with another name. Solid.
    Magic Power - Magic Power : Pure Power :: Sticky Trap : Intimidate. Sticky Trap is already a great ability, so this should be too.
    Flame, Hydro, and Frenzy Bursts - Flame Burst is already a move. But other than that, it seems a bit powerful. Especially with a Water/Ground type having its ability changed to Hydro Burst.
    Tough Steel - Okay, but it should be contact moves. Maybe that's just me, but Earthquake and Rock Slide should still "pierce" the tough steel.
    Rock Burst - I don't see the flavor behind a Rock-type move being dependent on which offensive stat is higher. Mind explaining it to me?
    Clash Armor - Again, I don't see the flavor behind the foe getting an Attack drop. But alright as it is.
    Trance - Ouch. Instant ban due to randomness.
    Magic Swap - Ooh, a parasitic Psych Up. I like it.

Damp - Soak is already a pretty terrible move. At least this would make the concept slightly more useful than it already is. Neat.
    Volt and Water Absorb - Two Lanturn are on the field. Both have Water Absorb. The foe uses Water Pulse...? (I actually never got this with Storm Drain or Lightningrod, either.) But I like how it restores "up to" 50% of the recipient's max HP; correct me if I'm wrong, but if it were a weak move, it wouldn't heal for as much, right?
    Weak Armor - Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Well I ended up calculating it they have the same BP (forgot about technican.. lol)

Bullet seed with technican: 25*1.2*5*1.5=225 chance of one of them will crit: 31.25%
    Focus Punch: 150*1.5=225
    Same power but focus punch got better coverage and you can use life orb with it (although you will probably use poison heal with a focus punch set)
    Bullet Seed with Technician: 25 x 1.5 x 5 x 1.5 = effective 281 base power.
    Focus Punch: 150 x 1.5 = effective 225 base power.
    In terms of base power (and base power only), Bullet Seed is strictly better. Factoring in coverage, I'd lean toward Focus Punch, but Focus Punch also has that lose-focus-if-hit consequence.

This would also work for Pokémon like Cinccino. Technician + Tail Slap + Trigger Lens = 25 x 5 x 1.5 x 1.5 x 0.85 (accuracy) = effective 239 base power.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    My new move!

Power Half
    PP: 10
    Type: Normal (or Psychic)
    Effect: Reduces attack by one stage. Lowers opponent's defense by two stages.

What do you think>
    Does it reduce the user's Attack or the target's Attack? And given moves like Shift Gear, it should only be distributed sparingly if it reduces the target's Attack.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    A new weather

Clear Skies
    Normal
    5PP
    Clears the weather to a normal day. Can not be overridden by other weather for the 5 turns it lasts. Gives Normal moves a small boost (like 1.2% or something).

An awesome weather counter, and it gives Normal STAB a nice boost, would be moderately distributed (to lesser used Pokemon like the regional birds and rodents), and would allow otherwise useless Pokemon a chance to work in upper tiers.

AND

Change Defog to remove Weather too.
    Yes! Finally, something to power up my Togekiss's Body Slam even more! And it combats those nasty rain teams!

I also never really understood why Defog didn't remove entry hazards from both sides of the field...

Focus Punch is weaker than a Technician-boosted, Trigger Lens Bullet Seed. I don't get what you're saying.
    I think what Ilan means is that Focus Punch can work better, especially with Spore access and the critical-hit ratio IIRC. Plus he has Mach Punch too, which has better coverage.

Does it reduce the user's Attack or the target's Attack? And given moves like Shift Gear, it should only be distributed sparingly if it reduces the target's Attack.

I also never really understood why Defog didn't remove entry hazards from both sides of the field...
    Reduces your attack. Then again...that's why we have screech, huh? Hmm...what to do.

And I didn't understand that either. Defog should be able to remove weather though.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!

Help the eggs!

New Weather!
    Acid Rain
    PP: 5
    Type Poison
    Priority: 0
    Description: The user summons an acidic rainfall for five turns. All except Poison Types lose 1/16 damage. Poison Types also recover 1/16 health. Works well, even if Black Sludge is there.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    New Weather!
    Acid Rain
    Type Poison
    Description: The user summons an acidic rainfall for five turns. All except Poison Types lose 1/16 damage. Poison Types also recover 1/16 health. Works well, even if Black Sludge is there.
    There's a glitch called Acid Rain...http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Acid_Rain

Help the eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    There's a glitch called Acid Rain...http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Acid_Rain
    Yes I know, but I am saying it as a separate, new weather ability from Drought, Drizzle, Snow Warning, and Sand Stream.

I think what Ilan means is that Focus Punch can work better, especially with Spore access and the critical-hit ratio IIRC. Plus he has Mach Punch too, which has better coverage.
    Hmm, I don't really know how this would play out:

Breloom @ Trigger Lens
    Jolly/Adamant
    Technician
    4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    - Spore
    - Leech Seed
    - Bullet Seed
    - Focus Punch

Defog SHOULD remove hazards from both sides of the field... I never understood that either... And yeah, it does make sense for it to remove weather too, now that I actually think about the move and the meaning of 'Defog' in general, which is to remove something (specifically fog, but still). That would give it actual competitive use lol.

New Ability:

Dragon Absorb: Heals 1/4th of your maximum HP when hit by a Dragon move. Basically just like Volt and Water Absorb except for Dragons, this would change a lot of things on what moves you can use vs certain Dragons (Hydreigon for example, since Mence and Dnite have good enough abilities as is)

Thoughts?
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oak! View Post
    New Ability:

Dragon Absorb: Heals 1/4th of your maximum HP when hit by a Dragon move. Basically just like Volt and Water Absorb except for Dragons, this would change a lot of things on what moves you can use vs certain Dragons (Hydreigon for example, since Mence and Dnite have good enough abilities as is)

Thoughts?
    Flavorfully doesn't really make sense, but I see where you're coming from with that ability.
    Man, all these "Absorb" abilities would turn the metagame from the offensive one it is now to a very slow, defensive one, where players would be hesitant to use moves because the foe would have a chance of absorbing them (as an example).

I agree with Defog, it would be more used if it could remove weather. Plus Stealth Icicles would change the metagame a lot.

New Move: Heavy Ice
    Type: Ice / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "A chunk of ice plummets as if it were pulled by the earth. It hits airborne targets for massive damage."
    - An Ice-type move that can't freeze, but deals double damage to any Flying-type Pokémon or any Pokémon under the effects of Levitate, Magnet Rise, or Air Balloon.
    A Dragonite is ruining your Glaceon's day? Use this for an effective 720-power move!

New Weather!
    Acid Rain
    Type Poison
    Should lower steel types defense 1 level too.

Frosted mist
    Special
    Varying power
    100 acc

The user freezes air around the target's wings and causes them to crash down. The heavier the foe is than the user is more damage dealt.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Should lower steel types defense 1 level too.

Frosted mist
    Special
    Varying power
    100 acc

The user freezes air around the target's wings and causes them to crash down. The heavier the foe is than the user is more damage dealt.
    That would be cool as well

Speaking of weather, Hail and Sandstorm should boost Ice and Rock type attacks too.

New Move: Heavy Ice
    Type: Ice / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "A chunk of ice plummets as if it were pulled by the earth. It hits airborne targets for massive damage."
    - An Ice-type move that can't freeze, but deals double damage to any Flying-type Pokémon or any Pokémon under the effects of Levitate, Magnet Rise, or Air Balloon.
    A Dragonite is ruining your Glaceon's day? Use this for an effective 720-power move!
    So it's sorta like a situational Avalanche?Cool. Not to overpowered but effective at the same time.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Tinted Lens Flygon would be awesome, its Outrage would be unresisted, and could take on Steels who want to wall your Choice Band set.

Tinted Lens Flygon would be awesome, its Outrage would be unresisted, and could take on Steels who want to wall your Choice Band set.
    ^ This would be cRaZy. With hazards support this thing could pull off a great Choice Banded Outrage sweep. Problem becomes, though, that it would be easily revenged by a common Mamoswine and any other scafer. I could see Moxie Mence still performing in this "role" slightly better or maybe on par with eachother, as it has more power after a KO, and is able to use a Choice Scarf, outspeeding much more Pokemon.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by John Wallrein View Post
    ^ This would be cRaZy. With hazards support this thing could pull off a great Choice Banded Outrage sweep. Problem becomes, though, that it would be easily revenged by a common Mamoswine and any other scafer. I could see Moxie Mence still performing in this "role" slightly better or maybe on par with eachother, as it has more power after a KO, and is able to use a Choice Scarf, outspeeding much more Pokemon.
    True, but this could help it more in UU and maybe go to BL.

Yes, I would see it bumping up to OU still.

GodDamnZilla

Would Heavy Ice be a really sought-after move for the current metagame?

Already-Posted Move: Heavy Ice

Page 13 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast