Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    It is 20 power. Did you mean 10 power?
    ...oh my bad I could swear it said 10 :/

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

It is 20 power. Did you mean 10 power?

And yeah, Cinccino doesn't exactly have the best claws in the world, so it wouldn't be able to learn it. (:
    But that's like saying Forretress can learn Drill Run but has no drills on it but spins like one!

Two contradictory Attacks I made:

Brave Slash and Night Cutter

Brave Slash (Fighting)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical
    The user embroiders in bravery and slashes against the foe.

Night Cutter (Dark)
    The user cuts against the user with an ominous cut.

How these two moves work: its damage depends on how many Pokemon the foe has left

Here's the table: they EXCLUDE the Pokemon on the field BTW
    0 mon left: Night Cutter: 125 / Brave Slash: 25
    1 mon left: Night Cutter: 100 / Brave Slash: 25
    2 mon left: Night Cutter: 75 / Brave Slash: 50
    3 mon left: Night Cutter: 50 / Brave Slash: 75
    4 mon left: Night Cutter: 25 / Brave Slash: 100
    5 mon left: Night Cutter: 25 / Brave Slash: 125

Yeah, gimmicky. It may seem op but the problem is that it cannot be continuously chained. Both cannot be spammed. So night cutter makes the mon a late game sweeper and Brave Slash make it a lead.

Some other random abilities

Jolly Skin: The foe may become confused in a 30% chance due to sudden mood change when hitting the user with a physical attack.
    Eject Skin: When the opponent hits the user with a physical attack, there is a 30% chance that the foe will be bounced back to the trainer.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    No one was targeting anyone. It's one thing to say you don't like the concept or the idea itself, it's a another to be blatantly rude about it and simply say "it sucks".

New Move: Tutor

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user teaches the target one of its on moves in place of the targets last move. The move can be used during battle until the Pokémon has fainted"

-So like a reverse Mimic except it lasts for the entire battle unless the Pokemon has fainted and was revived. The move of yours it teaches the target is random however it cannot teach the target Tutor.

Example:
    -Turn 1: Haxorus used Surf on Blissey, Blissey uses Tutor , Haxorus now knows Egg Bomb in place of Surf. Turn Ends
    Never will happen.. I never saw a special haxorus even the newbies never used it..
    Blissey vs. haxorus will always end in a dead blissey..

I don't think it is useful disable is so much better..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Never will happen.. I never saw a special haxorus even the newbies never used it..
    Blissey vs. haxorus will always end in a dead blissey..
    It's called an example.

I don't think it is useful disable is so much better..
    Well for one, you quoted the original Tutor. The revamped version, v.02 is on this page. Also it is better than Disable because it lasts the entire battle.

It's called an example.

Well for one, you quoted the original Tutor. The revamped version, v.02 is on this page. Also it is better than Disable because it lasts the entire battle.
    It is not logical something like that will happen as you can see even mimic resets after switch. and if it works after the switch it is permanent and so.. let's say blissey get it.. everyone could have softboiled and heal bell.
    There are no effects "till the end of the match" except trick.. (I think skill swap and mummy are also deleted after the switch)

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

New ability: Water Pressure: Same effects as Solar Power!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    New ability: Water Pressure: Same effects as Solar Power!
    If the user is fast enough UBER!

If the user is fast enough UBER!
    What kind of speed stat would be needed for it to become Uber :/

i'm pretty sure mummy lasts even if you do switch.

water pressure sounds nice, but does rain really need more abusers?

New Move:

Slow-Mo
    normal/pp: 5/power: --/acc: --
    efect: both the user and its enemy's speed is reduced by half, but also suffer a minus two evasion penalty, and all ongoing damage effects (poison, weather, etc.) take two turns for either poke to take the damage they'd normally take from such effects.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

But that's like saying Forretress can learn Drill Run but has no drills on it but spins like one!
    Yeah, well whoever was in charge of distributing moves did a horrible job to match Forretress's flavor. Just because Cinccino has access to many of the already-existing multi-hit moves doesn't mean that it has to get access to ones that I make, right?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Two contradictory Attacks I made:

Brave Slash and Night Cutter

Brave Slash (Fighting)
    The user embroiders in bravery and slashes against the foe.

Night Cutter (Dark)
    The user cuts against the user with an ominous cut.

How these two moves work: its damage depends on how many Pokemon the foe has left

Here's the table: they EXCLUDE the Pokemon on the field BTW
    0 mon left: Night Cutter: 125 / Brave Slash: 25
    1 mon left: Night Cutter: 100 / Brave Slash: 25
    2 mon left: Night Cutter: 75 / Brave Slash: 50
    3 mon left: Night Cutter: 50 / Brave Slash: 75
    4 mon left: Night Cutter: 25 / Brave Slash: 100
    5 mon left: Night Cutter: 25 / Brave Slash: 125

Yeah, gimmicky. It may seem op but the problem is that it cannot be continuously chained. Both cannot be spammed. So night cutter makes the mon a late game sweeper and Brave Slash make it a lead.
    Night Cutter is almost definitely better than Brave Slash. When your opponent only has one Pokémon left, abusing Night Cutter's high base power just makes it less likely that the opponent will turn the tide.

Some other random abilities

Jolly Skin: The foe may become confused in a 30% chance due to sudden mood change when hitting the user with a physical attack.
    Eject Skin: When the opponent hits the user with a physical attack, there is a 30% chance that the foe will be bounced back to the trainer.
    Jolly Skin - Seems alright, since it's a confusion equivalent of Static.
    Eject Skin - This one, on the other hand, can completely ruin the strategy of physical sweepers. I'm not sure about this one. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

What kind of speed stat would be needed for it to become Uber :/
    Well I guess 100 would be enough.. it is rain anyway so if it is a water type it would be similar to charizard.. Charizard would be OU if it wasn't for his SR weakness.. so I think it would be uber if it had similar stats to Charizard

Well I guess 100 would be enough.. it is rain anyway so if it is a water type it would be similar to charizard.. Charizard would be OU if it wasn't for his SR weakness.. so I think it would be uber if it had similar stats to Charizard
    I was thinking of a speed stat equal to Hydreigons while being a Physical Attacker as well

It is not logical something like that will happen as you can see even mimic resets after switch. and if it works after the switch it is permanent and so.. let's say blissey get it.. everyone could have softboiled and heal bell.
    There are no effects "till the end of the match" except trick.. (I think skill swap and mummy are also deleted after the switch)
    I created the move so I can decide whether or not the move can last till the end of the match. If there are no other effects that do this except Trick than this would be another to add to the list. Nothing says I can't create moves like that. As for the move you Tutor just Tutor that Pokemon a bad move.

Was browsing on Bulbpedia and looked at the average base stats (rounded to the nearest whole number) of every fully evolved type. If there were single typed Pokemon with these stats, I wonder how they would be like in competition. As for moves, just assume they have a cliched level up move-pool along with the ability to learn every move via TM, HM, and tutors (I know there should be restrictions on this but I'll leave it up to you to use your own discretion).
        Spoiler:- Bug:
        Spoiler:- Dark:
        Spoiler:- Dragon:
        Spoiler:- Electric:
        Spoiler:- Fighting:
        Spoiler:- Fire:
        Spoiler:- Flying:
        Spoiler:- Ghost:
        Spoiler:- Grass:
        Spoiler:- Ground:
        Spoiler:- Ice:
        Spoiler:- Normal:
        Spoiler:- Poison:
        Spoiler:- Psychic:
        Spoiler:- Rock:
        Spoiler:- Steel:
        Spoiler:- Water:
    Now that I look at these stats, a lot of these guys would be outclassed, guess we should also consider the different tiers when looking at these.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

New Move: Energy Feast
    Type: Bug / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0 (Contact: Yes)
    "A damaging infection attack. The user's HP is restored by the amount of damage taken by the target."
    - Giga Drain restores the user's HP by half of the damage dealt. Take off 15 base power and some PP, and change its type, and you get this move which restores the user's HP equal to the damage dealt. So if Blissey is hit by a Crobat's Energy Feast for 100 damage, the Crobat will recover 100 HP. (:

Type: Bug / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0 (Contact: Yes)
    "A damaging infection attack. The user's HP is restored by the amount of damage taken by the target."
    - Giga Drain restores the user's HP by half of the damage dealt. Take off 15 base power and some PP, and change its type, and you get this move which restores the user's HP equal to the damage dealt. So if Blissey is hit by a Crobat's Energy Feast for 100 damage, the Crobat will recover 100 HP. (:
    Looks like Gen 3 Giga Drain really.

Seems good but the typing kinda sucks.. I don't think someone would use it if scizor doesn't get it.

Froslass needs Prankster. When I first started playing B/W, I always thought Froslass had Prankster because of its speed, and now I can't stop thinking that Prankster would be great for it. I mean, a fast Pokemon with priority Taunt AND priority Spikes... Best suicide lead in the B2W2 OU metagame and we don't even have a reliable type of lead anymore. Plus it'll finally give it the chance to take down its arch-nemesis, Scolipede. Faster with access to Toxic Spikes, how is that thing faster anyway!? But seriously, either a suicide lead or a sashed revenge killer with Blizzard [in Hail, plus Taunt and Spikes still, as well as Ice Shard, annoying a large chunk of Pokemon and setting up on anything it ca't kill.], Prankster Froslass would be badas.s.
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

I agree, this is like a gen 3 revamped gigs drain! I guess the distribution will be the likes of Beautifly and Volcarona? I'd still choose Giga Drain though for more "reliable" damage but this is great, IMO.

Ability Changes
    Magma Armor: Now makes the user immune to ice type attacks instead,

New Attacks

Spin Return (Flying)
    PP: 10/Power: 130/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical
    The user creates a tornado and slams it against the user. Only works when there are entry hazards. After this attack, all entry hazards on the foes side are removed.

It's renewal time!
    Allow me to introduce a series of non-damaging entry hazards!

Goo Trap (Poison)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status
    The user sprays a sticky goo on the foes floor, lowering speed by a stage when switched in. Levitate and Flying type pokemon are not affected,

Parasite (Bug)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Categoru: Status
    The user leaves parasitic bugs on the foes team, lowering special attack when switched in.

Those two are all I can think of now, need more creative names!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

energy feast sounds like a glorified leech life.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior
    I created the move so I can decide whether or not the move can last till the end of the match.
    that is the most conceited and defensive thing i've ever heard. if you post your idea here, you can't have the mindset of "oooh, i have an idea that i think is perfect but is really broken and i will ***** at anyone who so much as suggests any change at all that would balence it out or make it fair."
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    that is the most conceited and defensive thing i've ever heard. if you post your idea here, you can't have the mindset of "oooh, i have an idea that i think is perfect but is really broken and i will ***** at anyone who so much as suggests any change at all that would balence it out or make it fair."
    First of all, it was not me being conceited or defensive I was simply explaining to Ilan(If you would actually read the other damn posts instead of attacking me) that there is no rule saying I cant create moves like that. Ilan said and I quote "There are no effects "till the end of the match" except trick.." so I replied to him to of how yes currently there is no other move than trick but this would just be another to add to the list. Ilan never suggested that I change that factor, Ilan just explained it as if was some rule or something. Secondly, learn the difference between constructive criticism and being rude because you seem to be a master at being rude. Thirdly, I have no problem with criticism, in fact I welcome it because it's nice to hear others thoughts on my creations. I only retaliate when they are being flat out rude(like you were)

I like it. Better than Giga Drain in my opinion because it restores equal the damage rather then a portion. I will agree though it's kinda like a better Leech Life. I personally would give it 10 PP but that's just me

New Attacks

Spin Return (Flying)
    The user creates a tornado and slams it against the user. Only works when there are entry hazards. After this attack, all entry hazards on the foes side are removed.
    With this Rapid Spin would be virtually useless lol

I agree, this is like a gen 3 revamped gigs drain! I guess the distribution will be the likes of Beautifly and Volcarona? I'd still choose Giga Drain though for more "reliable" damage but this is great, IMO.

Ability Changes

New Attacks

Spin Return (Flying)

It's renewal time!
    Allow me to introduce a series of non-damaging entry hazards!

Goo Trap (Poison)
    The user sprays a sticky goo on the foes floor, lowering speed by a stage when switched in. Levitate and Flying type pokemon are not affected, and if a Poison type switches in, it absorbs the poison, and heals itself by 25%, as well as removing it.

Parasite (Bug)
    The user leaves parasitic bugs on the foes team, lowering special attack when switched in.

Those two are all I can think of now, need more creative names!
    proposed changes in bold

Looks like Gen 3 Giga Drain really.

Seems good but the typing kinda sucks.. I don't think someone would use it if scizor doesn't get it.
    Well, Energy Feast heals the user equal to the entirety of the damage dealt, whereas Giga Drain only heals by half. Volcarona would learn it, but then again, Volcarona gets Roost.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oak! View Post
    Froslass needs Prankster.
    I'm not a huge fan of Snow Cloak due to the evasion boost in hail. For a non-DW ability, I approve.

Yeah, things that can typically siphon stuff (Zubat, Beautifly, Volcarona) would get it.

Ability Changes

New Attacks

Spin Return (Flying)

Goo Trap (Poison)
    The user sprays a sticky goo on the foes floor, lowering speed by a stage when switched in. Levitate and Flying type pokemon are not affected,

Parasite (Bug)
    Magma Armor - Seems alright, but it doesn't seem right when compared to Limber not absorbing Electric-type moves, Immunity not absorbing Poison-type moves, and Water Veil not absorbing Fire-type moves. But I see where you got this idea from; freeze is pretty uncommon, which pretty much renders this ability useless. Plus, for those times when you do get frozen, most Fire-type attacks thaw you out anyway.

Spin Return - Actually, this is worse than Rapid Spin in that it neither sets up entry hazards on the foe's side nor removes them from your side. I guess it'd work in a team that doesn't utilize entry hazards, though.

Goo Trap - I love the flavor behind this move.

Parasite - Whenever I think of a parasite, I think blood-sucking creatures. Personally, I just think the name would imply something to do with HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    energy feast sounds like a glorified leech life.
    That's what it basically is, yeah. (:

Three new moves!!!

New Move: Alleviate

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user concentrates to cure the target of any status condition.

-It's like Refresh except for other Pokemon. So it works on Freeze and sleep as well

New Move: Bane

Type: / Power: 100 / Accuracy: 50% / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user attacks by infecting the target with deadly venom. It leaves the target badly poisoned

-A Poison version of inferno. It will always leave the target badly poisoned if it hits.

New Move: Vigorate

Type: / Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user fights to it's limit. It user may cure itself of poisoning, burn, or paralysis."

-Think of it like an attacking move + Refresh. The user has a 30% of curing itself of poisoning, burn, or paralysis. It does not cure Sleep, so a Sleep Talk maneuver won't work.

First of all, it was not me being conceited or defensive I was simply explaining to Ilan(If you would actually read the other damn posts instead of attacking me) that there is no rule saying I cant create moves like that. Ilan said and I quote "There are no effects "till the end of the match" except trick.." so I replied to him to of how yes currently there is no other move than trick but this would just be another to add to the list. Ilan never suggested that I change that factor, Ilan just explained it as if was some rule or something. Secondly, learn the difference between constructive criticism and being rude because you seem to be a master at being rude. Thirdly, I have no problem with criticism, in fact I welcome it because it's nice to hear others thoughts on my creations. I only retaliate when they are being flat out rude(like you were)

I like it. Better than Giga Drain in my opinion because it restores equal the damage rather then a portion. I will agree though it's kinda like a better Leech Life. I personally would give it 10 PP but that's just me

With this Rapid Spin would be virtually useless lol
    I wasn't acting rude I just explained the aftermath of such effect if it keeps after the switch it means he permanenly learned the move and that way the movepools won't be original it is also broken nonetheless cause it would be able to beat all stall teams..

Page 31 of 88 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast