Page 35 of 88 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Well, here's my third attempt at brushing up Pokemon. This Pokemon is harder and it is banished to the depths of NU. Let me try to give it some perks that will make itself useful in RU, if not at least UU.

Prepare for this deadly flower
        Spoiler:- Sunflora:

Some changes
    - Scald becomes Fire Type (sorta like a counterpart to burning acid and solar flare, if anyone remembers...)

Hmm
    Sun Guard - The ability itself is broken. Needing the weather to be sun isn't enough of a drawback to account for such a large boost in stats.
    Synthesize - This one, though, is fine. It's basically Rain Dish for the sun.
    Solar Flare - Yeah, okay. It's Flamethrower with more burn chance and less power.
    Extraction - A Grass-type Water Sport, but this actually could see some use. Water Sport is given to Pokémon who are already resistant to Fire-type moves.
    Petal Defense - Strictly worse than Cotton Guard, but I guess it could be an alternative for flower-like Pokémon.
    Scald - The move change seems too cookie-cutter to Solar Flare, but that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    It will still suck accept it some pokemon need to suck for others to be good.
    Eh, there's really nothing wrong with trying to make a Pokémon better.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Mind Bubble
    Psychic
    Special
    80BP
    100Acc
    The user lets out orbs of psy energy that pop on the foe. Has a 30% chance to put the Foe to sleep.

Frosticle
    Ice
    Physical
    80BP
    100Acc
    The user forces snow and ice onto the target. Has a 30% Freeze chance.

Just to finish out the 30% 80 BP moves.

so in total we have
    Lava Plume
    Scald
    Discharge
    Mind Bubble
    Frosticle
    Mind Bubble - This move is pretty powerful. Scald and Discharge at least still allow the foe to move. Mind Bubble wouldn't.
    Frosticle - 80 power is much too powerful for a 30% freeze. Freeze is the single most powerful non-volatile status condition, and therefore needs to have a much lower freeze chance for that base power.

By the way, Discharge and Lava Plume can hit multiple Pokémon in Triples and Doubles, whereas Frosticle and Mind Bubble can't. Scald is also not of the type that its accompanying status condition is.

Hazard switch *exclusive to a few pokemons*
    Status, 5 PP, psychic

Switch all the hazard on your side of the field with those of your opponent that's would make stealth rock even less popular and make people regret spamming hazards.. it relies on the opponent so I don't think it is too broken.
    Transpose. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I had a dejavu feeling to that move.
    well maybe something else like..

More hazard removers
    Rock Crumble
    75 power, special,rock, 90 accuracy

If stealth rock is on your side of the field it is removed after this move is used this move works anyway.

*Rapid spin upgrade* have 50 BP instead of 20.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Rapid Spin power upgrade would be pretty nice for mons like Sandslash, I agree

I had a dejavu feeling to that move.
    well maybe something else like..

More hazard removers
    Rock Crumble
    75 power, special,rock, 90 accuracy

If stealth rock is on your side of the field it is removed after this move is used this move works anyway.

*Rapid spin upgrade* have 50 BP instead of 20.
    Rock Crumble - Seems alright. It's pretty much on-par with Rock Slide in terms of the magnitude (no pun intended) of effect, but better in terms of the uniqueness of that effect. I'm sure that a 30% flinch rate is about equal to Stealth Rock removal in terms of effect strength.
    Rapid Spin - Being the only move that has its gimmick, I'm sure its power could be increased. Probably not 50 though, I'd say 40 would be the maximum.

I was thinking of a sp att counterpart of Belly Drum, as always it's risky to use but can sweep through even the blobs

New Move: Color Beam

Type: / Power: 85 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The target is hit with a powerful blast of color. This move changes it's Type to the last move used"

-A few things to note about Color Beam is that the previous move that determines Color Beam Type can be either a damaging or a status move. Also, that the move Type is dependent on the last move used period, that means if a Pokemon used a move and fainted and a Pokemon with the move Color Beam is sent in and moves first the Type would be that last move.

Example:
    Turn 1:Whimsicott used Leech Seed, Color Beam Type is now Grass, Kecleon used Color Beam, Turn End.
    Turn 2:Whimsicott used Hurricane, Color Beam Type is now Flying, Kecleon used Color Beam, It's 2X super effective, Whimisicott fainted, Turn End.
    Turn 3: Parasect is sent out, Kecleon used Color Beam, It's 4x super effective, Parasect fainted, Turn End.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New Move: Color Beam

Type: / Power: 85 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The target is hit with a powerful blast of color. This move changes it's Type to the last move used"

-A few things to note about Color Beam is that the previous move that determines Color Beam Type can be either a damaging or a status move. Also, that the move Type is dependent on the last move used period, that means if a Pokemon used a move and fainted and a Pokemon with the move Color Beam is sent in and moves first the Type would be that last move.

Example:
    Turn 1:Whimsicott used Leech Seed, Color Beam Type is now Grass, Kecleon used Color Beam, Turn End.
    Turn 2:Whimsicott used Hurricane, Color Beam Type is now Flying, Kecleon used Color Beam, It's 2X super effective, Whimisicott fainted, Turn End.
    Turn 3: Parasect is sent out, Kecleon used Color Beam, It's 4x super effective, Parasect fainted, Turn End.
    Seems alright. Hidden Power is versatile in that it can be any type that the user chooses, but not in that the type of the move can be changed depending on how much benefit it would bring. The fact that this can change type (mostly for the user's benefit) would warrant a lower power, but at the same time, it does require precise cooperation between both you and your opponent (and Speed, when considering Doubles and Triples) to pull off correctly, so I guess the power could stay the same.

i thought rock slide had a 20% flinch chance.

New Ability: Chokehold
    Effect: when the opponent is under the effect of a move like wrap, constrict, magma storm, etc, the first turn they are effected, and then every other turn, the opponent's attack is lowered by one stage.

New Move: Neckbreaker
    Type: Fighting | Power: 200 | Acc: 90 | PP: 5
    this move may only be used on a pokemon under the effect of a constricting move like wrap or magma storm. if this move is used, the opponent is freed of wrap, etc.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i thought rock slide had a 20% flinch chance.

Effect: when the opponent is under the effect of a move like wrap, constrict, magma storm, etc, the first turn they are effected, and then every other turn, the opponent's attack is lowered by one stage.

this move may only be used on a pokemon under the effect of a constricting move like wrap or magma storm. if this move is used, the opponent is freed of wrap, etc.
    Chokehold - Seems a bit too powerful. The existence of this ability may just make Wrap + Chokehold the answer to every physical sweeper out there.
    Neckbreaker - Extremely broken. Similar to needing a specific weather to reap full benefit, the foe being under the effects of a trapping move is far too little of a requirement or drawback for such a strong base power.

fine. neckbreaker lowered to 130 power. and the odds are that it'll only lower the foe's attack by one with chokehold.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

fine. neckbreaker lowered to 130 power. and the odds are that it'll only lower the foe's attack by one with chokehold.
    But you just said that it would lower the opponent's Attack stat by one stage for each turn that it suffers residual trap damage. I'm confused.

Seems alright. Hidden Power is versatile in that it can be any type that the user chooses, but not in that the type of the move can be changed depending on how much benefit it would bring. The fact that this can change type (mostly for the user's benefit) would warrant a lower power, but at the same time, it does require precise cooperation between both you and your opponent (and Speed, when considering Doubles and Triples) to pull off correctly, so I guess the power could stay the same.
    Yeah it can be helpful but can hurt too.

Few things I neglected to mention:

-the last used move Type can be your own move

-The animation will change depending on the Type, for example a beam of feathers would blast at the target if it is a Flying Type.

I actually really like this and I don't think its as broken as it seems because how often do you see those moves being used? Not very. :P Oh never mind I thought it said that if the one with the ability is under the effects of wrap and such that the opponent attak wouls be lowered.
    meh. I personally wouldn't waste a move slot on it. : neverminnd I did not see the base power. Yeah it is to powerful

Yeah it can be helpful but can hurt too.

Few things I neglected to mention:

-the last used move Type can be your own move

-The animation will change depending on the Type, for example a beam of feathers would blast at the target if it is a Flying Type.
    I like the aesthetic note that you mention here. If only Hidden Power had such an aesthetic change.

I actually really like this and I dont think its as broken as it seems because how often do you see those moves being used? Not very. :P
    Of course, you can't really use a move's current viability to justify brokenness of a custom-made mechanic. You'd have to consider the viability of the move in conjunction with that custom-made battle mechanic.

A new move called Dual Screens to prevent setting up on two turns would be cool IMO

I like the aesthetic note that you mention here. If only Hidden Power had such an aesthetic change.]
    Ikr? and thanks

Of course, you can't really use a move's current viability to justify brokenness of a custom-made mechanic. You'd have to consider the viability of the move in conjunction with that custom-made battle mechanic.
    My mistake. I thought that it said that if the Pokemon with the ability was being affected by Wrap, constrict etc. that then the opponent's attack is lowered by one stage.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    A new move called Dual Screens to prevent setting up on two turns would be cool IMO
    I love Wonder Screen as much as you do. I know, it's extremely hard to imagine how such a simple concept of combining both moves hadn't been posted yet until Pika posted it. (:

If it exists it need to be nerfer to 1.5x boost or less turns.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

Reducing the duration of the effect would make the move much less viable as Reflect and Light Screen. Many times, the Pokémon that is meant to reap the benefits of Reflect and Light Screen isn't actually the user, but another Pokémon in the same team. Switching out takes up a turn already, and the team needs as many beneficial turns as possible.

A nerf would also make the move less viable. Most of the time, Pokémon only use either physical or special moves. There would be absolutely no reason to use this over Light Screen against an Alakazam, for example, if there were a reduction in damage reduction. Yes, the foe could switch out next turn, but at that point, Reflect would've already been used, which would render this move pointless.

It's impractical for a buff that doesn't affect the foe at all to have a chance of missing.

I know that without changing one of these, Wonder Screen would be strictly better than Light Screen and Reflect, but in terms of retaining the viability of Wonder Screen, I can't see anything that can really be done. :/

I was thinking of it being a very rare distributed move instead!

I was thinking of it being a very rare distributed move instead!
    Remember that just because a move is distributed to very few Pokémon, it doesn't mean that the move's effects have no limit.

Heres a new move I thought off

Vintage (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status
    The user takes 1/2 HP and switches out to the strongest Pokemon and gives the pokemon that is switched in a 3 stage boost in special attack and attack.
    Right kiddos, depends on BST, making suicide leads even better! No priority tho :3 Cilan Reference... For anime watchers

Web Shock (Electric)
    PP: 15/Power: ??/Accuracy: 90/Category: Attacj
    The user lets loose a jolt of electricity through strings, dealing damage and has a 30% chance of paralysis. Only works when string shot has been used,

Damage table
    0 string shot: Failed
    1 string shot: 40
    2 string shot: 80
    3 string shot: 120
    4 string shot: 160
    5 string shot: 200
    6 string shot: 240

Galvantula's signature... Simple!

Magnet Force (Steel)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: -6
    The user summons a huge magnet that forces any steel type on the team to switch in. If there is no steel type present on the team, this move will fail.
    Haha bye Scizor and Heatran and ferry and rachi and Lucario and...

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Heres a new move I thought off

Vintage (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status
    The user takes 1/2 HP and switches out to the strongest Pokemon and gives the pokemon that is switched in a 3 stage boost in special attack and attack.
    Right kiddos, depends on BST, making suicide leads even better! No priority tho :3 Cilan Reference... For anime watchers
    You really should come up with better names lol...just saying. Not quite sure why you chose vintage as it but whatevs :P

I think you should make it so the Pokemon faints rather than cut it's own Hp in half, you know so it's not to over powered

Web Shock (Electric)
    PP: 15/Power: ??/Accuracy: 90/Category: Attacj
    The user lets loose a jolt of electricity through strings, dealing damage and has a 30% chance of paralysis. Only works when string shot has been used,

Damage table
    0 string shot: Failed
    1 string shot: 40
    2 string shot: 80
    3 string shot: 120
    4 string shot: 160
    5 string shot: 200
    6 string shot: 240

Galvantula's signature... Simple!
    This move would take way to long to actually be useful. I cant believe i'm saying this but this move is under powered. But I still love the concept

Magnet Force (Steel)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: -6
    The user summons a huge magnet that forces any steel type on the team to switch in. If there is no steel type present on the team, this move will fail.
    Haha bye Scizor and Heatran and ferry and rachi and Lucario and...
    Love it. Simple yet creative and effective Why does it have negative priority though?

Just some move i came up with

Gale(flying)
    Base power: N/A
    PP: 10
    Effect: creates a small twister around the pokemon reducing damage by 1.5x for 5 turns and causing rough skin/rocky helmet damage to pokemon who use a physical move
    dissapears when user is switched out.

any ideas?

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

You really should come up with better names lol...just saying. Not quite sure why you chose vintage as it but whatevs :P

I think you should make it so the Pokemon faints rather than cut it's own Hp in half, you know so it's not to over powered

This move would take way to long to actually be useful. I cant believe i'm saying this but this move is under powered. But I still love the concept

Love it. Simple yet creative and effective Why does it have negative priority though?
    You don't watch the anime, do you? It comes with Cilan reference, which is suppose t mean strongest or something...

Yeah, Magnet force has negative priority like Roar... Otherwise it would be too unfair, especially on mono-steel with Rockies on the other side

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

You don't watch the anime, do you? It comes with Cilan reference, which is suppose t mean strongest or something...

Yeah, Magnet force has negative priority like Roar... Otherwise it would be too unfair, especially on mono-steel with Rockies on the other side
    The anime sucks just saying.. in terms of character development it is the worst anime I know.

first move.. so tail glow + baton pass in the same move.. broken.
    Secound move too underpowered.
    third move- why bye bye sczior? he can switch again you know? and I never saw any mechanic of selective team shuffler..

Page 35 of 88 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast