Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarshlands View Post
    Infiltrator should also bypass substitute c:

And humm... maybe we could have itens that increses the duration of Trick Room/Magic Room/Wonder Room
    Infiltrator does need a better upgrade

About Trick Room and friends, I was thinking of an item that increases the duration of turns as well like Damp Rock since Gravity needs more use

Yeah, gravity is pretty underestimated... if that's the right word :V (english isn't my native language xC)
    -Current Platinum team:

-Current Soul Silver team:

-Current Heart Gold team:

-Current White team:

Oh, and back to the freeze status ailment talk, maybe it could be changed to a 50% chance of getting free of the status.
    -Current Platinum team:

-Current Soul Silver team:

-Current Heart Gold team:

-Current White team:

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Only against the types this pokemon is weak to. Again, it's not really that broken if you consider that it's a mantine. While being immune to one electric attack will definitely help, there is still no way it'll be walling a pokemon with an electric attack, with or without the ability.

And if stealth rock is on the field, rock attacks will still do their regular damage as well. But if it really makes everyone feel better, I can say that it also halves attack and special attack....

Edit: Yeah, it is like those items, but only for it's weaknesses. Type bits are broken because they can work on any pokemon, though. This is only on Mantine, and really, in OU, I don't think it'll be broken. Anything with an electric attack will beat it anyway.
    When determining brokenness, the ability itself is considered, not any Pokémon that would get that ability. On a Solrock, for example (via Skill Swap or something), it would prevent the damage from the first Grass-, Water-, Dark-, and Ghost-type move that it would get hit by, which would make the ability pretty broken.

The classic example that I always use to determine whether or not a move is broken is a Grass-type move that gives +6 Attack that only Sunkern would get. Just because Sunkern would get it doesn't mean it's not broken; rather, the move itself is extremely broken solely because it gives a +6 net stat boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    @Wishing Star Catch Claw is to allow you to try and hurt something like Genesect who would hurt you with U-Turn!
    So does the Catch Claw trigger upon the U-Turner attempting to switch out, or does it trigger upon the U-Turner trying to inflict damage onto the Catch Claw holder?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    @Wishing Star

Well,
    EQ hits nuetral damage on every types except Bug and Grass, and does not hit Flying/Levitate users.
    Clatter hits nuetral damage on every types except Rock and Steel, and does not hit Ghost. Clatter also has 10 less PP *gasps*.

So I think it's pretty fair for Clatter to stay the way it is...
    I'd personally make Clatter have the same PP as Earthquake then, and have it only hit adjacent Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarshlands View Post
    Oh, and back to the freeze status ailment talk, maybe it could be changed to a 50% chance of getting free of the status.
    For no move to be able to inflict freeze 100% of the time upon successfully hitting the foe, changing the chance that a Pokémon will thaw out from 20% to 50% seems pretty bad in terms of the viability of the freeze status.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

@Wishing Star lets say Genesect wants to U-Turn your Heatran out, using the move Catch Claw activates and prevents it from switching out, thus letting Heatran kill it with Fire Blast! And it's a one use item too!

Oh yeah, foregoing the jp name since it's too much work! xD

New Stuff!

Attack:

Dragging Mud (Ground)
    PP: 20/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: All opponent's Pokemon
    The user causes the foe's field to become muddy, preventing the foe from switching from fainting.

- Does not work with Levitate and Flying type pokemon.
    - Foe cannot be returned with U-Turn, Volt Switch or Baton Pass.

Dark Shock (Dark)
    PP: 5/Power: 100/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: Everybody in the field, including user
    The user releases a dark ball of energy that shocks the entire field, including the user. There is a 10% chance to paralyse.

- Dark type, excluding the user, will absorb this attack and absorb 10% hp from this attack, but will still be prone to paralysis chance.
    - This attack will hit the user as a dark type move.
    - Distribution: Special Based Ghost types and Special Based Dark types, some.

Abilities:
    Air Current: All usage of items, including the user, will be disabled.
    - Reason: Mainly to counter Guts user.

Transverse: When hit by a physical attack, there is a chance that the priority will swap for 5 turns.
    - Scenario:
    Turn 0: MissingNo (Transverse) is sent out. Scizor is sent out.
    Turn 1: Scizor uses Bullet Punch, MissingNo held on using Focus Sash, MissingNo's Transverse ability is activated. MissingNo uses Fire Blast, but it missed.
    Turn 2: MissingNo uses Fire Punch, Scizor held on using Focus Sash, Scizor uses Bullet Punch, MissingNo fainted.

Also works with Non-priority pokemon, and can sometimes even turn a tide in the enemy's favour! And it remains after the user fainted
    Turn 0: MissingNo (Transverse) is sent out. Regirock is sent out.
    Turn 1: MissingNo uses Earthquake, Regirock hang on using Sturdy, Regirock uses Fire Punch. MissingNo's Transverse ability is activated.
    Turn 2: Regirock uses Rock Slide, MissingNo flinched!
    Turn 3: Regirock uses Stone Edge, MissingNo fainted!
    Turn 4.0: Scizor is sent out!
    Turn 4: Regirock uses Fire Punch, Scizor hang on using Focus Sash, Scizor uses Bullet Punch!

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    When determining brokenness, the ability itself is considered, not any Pokémon that would get that ability. On a Solrock, for example (via Skill Swap or something), it would prevent the damage from the first Grass-, Water-, Dark-, and Ghost-type move that it would get hit by, which would make the ability pretty broken.

The classic example that I always use to determine whether or not a move is broken is a Grass-type move that gives +6 Attack that only Sunkern would get. Just because Sunkern would get it doesn't mean it's not broken; rather, the move itself is extremely broken solely because it gives a +6 net stat boost.
    Actually the distribution plays a big role in whether a move is broken or not because no matter how powerful the move is itself, if the Pokemon that gets it does not have the stats to back it up then its really nothing to be concerned about and it's pretty much useless.

New Ability!

Power Reserve
    "Moves require no charging"

-This includes Razor Wind, Solar Beam, Sky Attack, and Skull Bash(don't know if I missed one). This however does not include Two turn moves that cause the user to leave the field such as Fly, Dig, Dive and Shadow Force.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

@Wishing Star lets say Genesect wants to U-Turn your Heatran out, using the move Catch Claw activates and prevents it from switching out, thus letting Heatran kill it with Fire Blast! And it's a one use item too!
    So does it prevent the damage that the U-Turn would do or not? Nitpicky, but whether or not it does is often critical (no pun intended).

Oh yeah, foregoing the jp name since it's too much work! xD

New Stuff!

Attack:

Dragging Mud (Ground)
    PP: 20/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: All opponent's Pokemon
    The user causes the foe's field to become muddy, preventing the foe from switching from fainting.

- Does not work with Levitate and Flying type pokemon.
    - Foe cannot be returned with U-Turn, Volt Switch or Baton Pass.

Dark Shock (Dark)
    PP: 5/Power: 100/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: Everybody in the field, including user
    The user releases a dark ball of energy that shocks the entire field, including the user. There is a 10% chance to paralyse.

- Dark type, excluding the user, will absorb this attack and absorb 10% hp from this attack, but will still be prone to paralysis chance.
    - This attack will hit the user as a dark type move.
    - Distribution: Special Based Ghost types and Special Based Dark types, some.

Abilities:
    Air Current: All usage of items, including the user, will be disabled.
    - Reason: Mainly to counter Guts user.

Transverse: When hit by a physical attack, there is a chance that the priority will swap for 5 turns.
    - Scenario:
    Turn 0: MissingNo (Transverse) is sent out. Scizor is sent out.
    Turn 1: Scizor uses Bullet Punch, MissingNo held on using Focus Sash, MissingNo's Transverse ability is activated. MissingNo uses Fire Blast, but it missed.
    Turn 2: MissingNo uses Fire Punch, Scizor held on using Focus Sash, Scizor uses Bullet Punch, MissingNo fainted.

Also works with Non-priority pokemon, and can sometimes even turn a tide in the enemy's favour! And it remains after the user fainted
    Turn 0: MissingNo (Transverse) is sent out. Regirock is sent out.
    Turn 1: MissingNo uses Earthquake, Regirock hang on using Sturdy, Regirock uses Fire Punch. MissingNo's Transverse ability is activated.
    Turn 2: Regirock uses Rock Slide, MissingNo flinched!
    Turn 3: Regirock uses Stone Edge, MissingNo fainted!
    Turn 4.0: Scizor is sent out!
    Turn 4: Regirock uses Fire Punch, Scizor hang on using Focus Sash, Scizor uses Bullet Punch!
    Dragging Mud - Uh... what? So a Pokémon that faints just stays there? I don't get this move at all.
    Dark Shock - Seems pretty powerful. It's Earthquake with the removed adjacents-only targeting restriction, plus a 10% paralysis rate. I don't think having the move hit the user is enough penalty.
    Transverse - This would defeat the purpose of having priority moves in the game. :/

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Actually the distribution plays a big role in whether a move is broken or not because no matter how powerful the move is itself, if the Pokemon that gets it does not have the stats to back it up then its really nothing to be concerned about and it's pretty much useless.
    The distribution plays a significant role in determining whether the mechanic + Pokémon combination would be broken. It doesn't determine whether or not the move itself is broken. Giving Sunkern a move that gives +6 Attack to its user, for example, would never happen, since the move that it would get is objectively broken.

In other words, when creating a move or ability, the mechanic alone should be considered to be not broken before the Pokémon that would receive the move or ability is considered. Considering the move or ability alongside the Pokémon that would get that ability would mean that Sunkern would be able to get that horrendously broken move, whereas considering the move first and then the Pokémon would mean that it wouldn't.

New Ability!

Power Reserve
    "Moves require no charging"

-This includes Razor Wind, Solar Beam, Sky Attack, and Skull Bash(don't know if I missed one). This however does not include Two turn moves that cause the user to leave the field such as Fly, Dig, Dive and Shadow Force.
    So this causes moves that don't cause the user to be semi-invulnerable for a turn to not have to charge? Seems pretty good on a Solarbeam abuser, if you ask me, which is good. (:

New Move:

Grenade Tag
    Fighting
    Physical
    power 200
    accuracy --
    pp 10
    in 1 turn, the opponent wil take the damage from the attack. deals double damge to those who resist it because its a grenade and i dont beleive poison or psuchics should be exempt from exploding as good. and fire or steel were to bad to fit the move, as they'd affect ghosts.

like doom desire or future sight. oh, and adjacent pokemon also take half the damage that they would've if targeted by the attack.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Give it to Scrafty, the hoodlums love grenades! Any other Pokemon you could think of that can fill the role?

not at the moment. and before we go saying how op it is, its effects are negated if the foe switches out.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Eh I didn't think it was overpowered at first since I thought you had a plan for that! Love the attack regardless

cool. didn't expect people to like it.

Balance evasion and make both sides of this hell happy!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    New Move:

Grenade Tag
    Fighting
    Physical
    power 200
    accuracy --
    pp 10
    in 1 turn, the opponent wil take the damage from the attack. deals double damge to those who resist it because its a grenade and i dont beleive poison or psuchics should be exempt from exploding as good. and fire or steel were to bad to fit the move, as they'd affect ghosts.

like doom desire or future sight. oh, and adjacent pokemon also take half the damage that they would've if targeted by the attack.
    Doom Desire and Future Sight take two turns to set up and have significantly less base power. Also, having "--" accuracy would mean that this move cannot miss if it would hit the foe, unlike Future Sight or Doom Desire.

Having said that, the base power would have to change... a lot.

Doom Desire and Future Sight take two turns to set up and have significantly less base power. Also, having "--" accuracy would mean that this move cannot miss if it would hit the foe, unlike Future Sight or Doom Desire.

Having said that, the base power would have to change... a lot.
    But it works differently as Grenade Tag has another catch to it, having no affect if the opponent switches.

which is why its easily avoidable, unless full hazards are up and you've been switching a lot. i compare it more to yawn, then to doom desire/future sight.

A new move and an ability to go along with it!

New Move: Drop Off

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon and Self / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user removes secondary typing of the target"

-This Move can be used on yourself as well. The effects last until the target is switched out

Example:
    Turn 1: Ferrothorn used Drop Off on self, Ferrothorns Type becomes Grass, Camerupt used Fire Blast, it only does 2x damage because of Ferrothorns lack of a Steel Typing, Turn End.

Second-Rate
    "Ignores secondary typing"

-So basically it ignores the secondary type of a Pokemon

Example:
    Turn 1: Vanilluxe used Ice Beam on Reshiram, it hits for super effective damage because it ignored Reshirams Fire Typing, Reshiram uses move, Turn End.

ice punch and night slash are weavile's most powerful physical stab moves. 70damage plus stab = 105damage.i think they should create a physical ice and dark move that is 90-95 damage. then it's 95 + stab = 142.5

But it works differently as Grenade Tag has another catch to it, having no affect if the opponent switches.
    With Future Sight, the trainer of the affected target can switch out to a Pokémon that is immune to Psychic-type moves (a Dark-type Pokémon).

An easy way to abuse Grenade Tag would be to Mean Look beforehand so that the target wouldn't be able to switch, then use Grenade Tag. I don't think that Grenade Tag should have that much power because it's part of a combo that's so easy to set up, but that's just me.

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon and Self / Category: / Priority: 0

-This Move can be used on yourself as well. The effects last until the target is switched out

Example:
    Turn 1: Ferrothorn used Drop Off on self, Ferrothorns Type becomes Grass, Camerupt used Fire Blast, it only does 2x damage because of Ferrothorns lack of a Steel Typing, Turn End.

Second-Rate

Example:
    Turn 1: Vanilluxe used Ice Beam on Reshiram, it hits for super effective damage because it ignored Reshirams Fire Typing, Reshiram uses move, Turn End.
    Yay! Someone else wants my Ignorant to be implemented! (:

Yay! Someone else wants my Ignorant to be implemented! (:
    Oops! hahaha my bad. sorry I didn't remember all the posts from back then :P Yeah but ignorant sounds much better as a name.

Hey at least my move Drop Off is original...I think lol so what do you think of that?

Oops! hahaha my bad. sorry I didn't remember all the posts from back then :P Yeah but ignorant sounds much better as a name.

Hey at least my move Drop Off is original...I think lol so what do you think of that?
    Yeah, I'd very much agree that having a move equivalent would be good, too.

The only thing bad about it is that not all abilities should have a move variant, and not all moves should have an ability variant. It makes the moves and abilities less unique to me.

A new move and an ability to go along with it!

Example:

Second-Rate

Example:
    I think this is a little bit too complicated, since there's no telling whether a pokemon is Type A or Type B. Is Omaster Water or Rock? Is Weavile Ice or Dark? I mean you can tell that Rhyperior looks heavy and Cherrim is not, in the weight mechanic of Grass Knot and Low Kick, but there's no telling for some which one is the primary type. Also, does it affect STAB? If it does, it would seriously hurt ._. And also, losing a secondary typing, in Ferrothorn's case, leaves in in fear of bug, poison, ice, flying , which the steel typing help removed.

Anyways, here's mine:

Shocker (Stunfisk)
    - Damage x1.5 if foe is paralysed.
    Eg: A T-Tar who is paralysed, will take more damage from Shocker Stunfisk's Scald, than compared if it is not paralysed.
    Turn 1: Tyranitar uses Crunch, Stunfisk uses Scald, it does A damage! End Turn
    Turn 2: Tyranitar uses Crunch, Stunfisk uses Thunder Wave. End Turn
    Turn 3: Stunfisk uses Scald, it does 1.5A damage. Tyranitar is paralysed, it can't move! End Turn

Bypasser (Weavile, Sneasel)
    "Bypasses type resistance"
    - Does 33% more damage if the foe resists the attack
    Let us consider both Sneasels are at the same level, EV trained, IV, nature, item but different nature: Sneasel A has Inner Focus while Sneasel B has Bypasser
    Sneasel A uses Faint Attack, it does 100 damage on Ferroseed.
    Sneasel B uses Faint Attack, it does 133 damage on Ferroseed.
    Ferroseed resists dark type moves, so the attacks will do 33% more compared to a non-Bypasser sneasel. And no, those examples aren't real calculations, just an example

Meh. How?

ASB Squad

I think this is a little bit too complicated, since there's no telling whether a pokemon is Type A or Type B. Is Omaster Water or Rock? Is Weavile Ice or Dark? I mean you can tell that Rhyperior looks heavy and Cherrim is not, in the weight mechanic of Grass Knot and Low Kick, but there's no telling for some which one is the primary type. Also, does it affect STAB? If it does, it would seriously hurt ._. And also, losing a secondary typing, in Ferrothorn's case, leaves in in fear of bug, poison, ice, flying , which the steel typing help removed.
    But there is a way to find out whether Omastar would be Rock or Water, based on its type order. It's basically just like memorizing the types of a Pokémon, except with the additional need to memorize its type order as well.

Anyways, here's mine:

Shocker (Stunfisk)
    - Damage x1.5 if foe is paralysed.
    Eg: A T-Tar who is paralysed, will take more damage from Shocker Stunfisk's Scald, than compared if it is not paralysed.
    Turn 1: Tyranitar uses Crunch, Stunfisk uses Scald, it does A damage! End Turn
    Turn 2: Tyranitar uses Crunch, Stunfisk uses Thunder Wave. End Turn
    Turn 3: Stunfisk uses Scald, it does 1.5A damage. Tyranitar is paralysed, it can't move! End Turn

Bypasser (Weavile, Sneasel)
    "Bypasses type resistance"
    - Does 33% more damage if the foe resists the attack
    Let us consider both Sneasels are at the same level, EV trained, IV, nature, item but different nature: Sneasel A has Inner Focus while Sneasel B has Bypasser
    Sneasel A uses Faint Attack, it does 100 damage on Ferroseed.
    Sneasel B uses Faint Attack, it does 133 damage on Ferroseed.
    Ferroseed resists dark type moves, so the attacks will do 33% more compared to a non-Bypasser sneasel. And no, those examples aren't real calculations, just an example

Meh. How?
    Shocker - Seems alright. Base power and accuracy would be needed to evaluate the move, though.

Bypasser - Same with this one. But wouldn't "Bypasser" imply that it would always do at least 1x damage unless the target is immune?

But there is a way to find out whether Omastar would be Rock or Water, based on its type order. It's basically just like memorizing the types of a Pokémon, except with the additional need to memorize its type order as well.

Shocker - Seems alright. Base power and accuracy would be needed to evaluate the move, though.

Bypasser - Same with this one. But wouldn't "Bypasser" imply that it would always do at least 1x damage unless the target is immune?
    Oops sorry for being unclear. They are abilities.

And memorising the pokemon's primary typing/secondary typing is not as easy to tell as say, weight mechanic, where Golem looks heavy while Pikachu looks light on its feet.

ASB Squad

Page 42 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast