Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    New Item: Yellow Prism
    "A prism of bright topaz. It reduces the chance of the holding Pokémon to be fully paralyzed."
    - The chance that the holding Pokémon is fully paralyzed drops from 25% to 12.5%.

New Item: Red Prism
    "A prism of gleaming ruby. It lowers the reduction of a burned Pokémon's Attack stat."
    - If the holding Pokémon is burned, its Attack stat is reduced by 1/4 instead of halved.

New Item: Purple Prism
    "A prism of lucid amethyst. It lowers the damage taken from a Pokémon's mild poison."
    - "Mild poison" means regular poison. Poison saps 1/16 HP from the holding Pokémon every turn instead of 1/8 HP. Toxic poison is unaffected.

New Item: Green Prism
    "A prism of shiny emerald. A Pokémon holding this item will wake from its slumber more quickly."
    - Early Bird on an item. It does stack with the ability equivalent.

New Item: Blue Prism
    "A prism of crystalline sapphire. A Pokémon holding this item will defrost more quickly."
    - The 20% chance of defrosting every turn is doubled to 40%.

New Item: White Prism
    "A prism of luminescent opal. It makes the holding Pokémon snap out of confusion faster."
    - It halves the number of turns that the holding Pokémon is confused. It's basically Early Bird, except for confusion instead of sleep.

New Item: Pink Prism
    "A prism of brilliant pink garnet. Moves' secondary effects that inflict status conditions occur less often."
    - Wonder Skin on an item. Like with the Green Prism, it does stack with the ability equivalent.
    A lot of these are basically just worse off lum berries if i say so myself.
    The only MAJOR use of these would be for the Guts etc. Pokemon
    Like a Conky with one of these, the Red Prism for instance would definately make Conkeldurr a much more viable Guts user.
    then also with Rest users for the Early Bird one

The other ones though are kinda a little bit redundant though I think that if some of these were to be used then they would all have to be implemented. Overall some nice little niche items that could make some sub ou pokemon share a little bit more limelight.

Push da button

Quote Originally Posted by JhenMohranMH3 View Post
    A lot of these are basically just worse off lum berries if i say so myself.
    The only MAJOR use of these would be for the Guts etc. Pokemon
    Like a Conky with one of these, the Red Prism for instance would definately make Conkeldurr a much more viable Guts user.
    then also with Rest users for the Early Bird one

The other ones though are kinda a little bit redundant though I think that if some of these were to be used then they would all have to be implemented. Overall some nice little niche items that could make some sub ou pokemon share a little bit more limelight.
    The problem with Lum Berries (or any other of those status-specific berries) is that they can only be used once, and then they're gone. Nothing stops the foe from trying to poison a Pokémon again after seeing it heal its poison with its Lum Berry.

The Red Prism would literally do nothing for Conkeldurr, as the Red Prism doesn't reduce residual burn damage at all.

And yeah, they'd all be implemented. In fact, if these were implemented, then every other battle mechanic that I've posted in this thread would be implemented as well.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

To both proposals, I'd have to ask, "Why?" Most Pokémon have Dream World abilities that aren't broken (and some of them only have Dream World abilities as accessible viable abilities). I understand where you come from with the Choice Scarf ban proposal, but I don't think it's that overpowered.
    Okay, maybe banning every single dream world ability is harsh. I say ban the annoying and overcentralizing ones (Drizzle, Drought, Prankster, Impostor).

As for the choice scarf thing, I feel like it messes up the balance between Tanks and Sweepers and makes having a high base stat in speed not matter as much as it used to. Tank = Slow, Powerful, Bulky. Sweeper = Fast, Powerful, Frail. Tanks can use choice scarf to be Fast, Powerful, AND Bulky. What do sweepers have? Exactly. Tanks are almost always better choices than sweepers nowadays. Plus, it's the main reason why Pokemon like genesect are broken. I'm probably a bit biased because Pokemon like Alakazam and Salamence are my favorites, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by Affinity1993 View Post
    Okay, maybe banning every single dream world ability is harsh. I say ban the annoying and overcentralizing ones (Drizzle, Drought, Prankster, Impostor).
    I wouldn't mind a restriction on any combination of those abilities.

As for the choice scarf thing, I feel like it messes up the balance between Tanks and Sweepers and makes having a high base stat in speed not matter as much as it used to. Tank = Slow, Powerful, Bulky. Sweeper = Fast, Powerful, Frail. Tanks can use choice scarf to be Fast, Powerful, AND Bulky. What do sweepers have? Exactly. Tanks are almost always better choices than sweepers nowadays. Plus, it's the main reason why Pokemon like genesect are broken. I'm probably a bit biased because Pokemon like Alakazam and Salamence are my favorites, but still...
    I wouldn't say that tanks are almost universally better than sweepers because of the existence of this item (though some sweepers are pretty bulky), but I'll say that I didn't realize the magnitude of brokenness the Choice Scarf brings for some Pokémon until now.

Would a reduction in the Speed increase make the item less broken? Of course, then the other two Choice items would have to have their stat increases nerfed, too. and I don't think a 10% recoil and a move lock are equivalent penalties, so I don't think a balanced percentage would be 30%.

I wouldn't say that tanks are almost universally better than sweepers because of the existence of this item (though some sweepers are pretty bulky), but I'll say that I didn't realize the magnitude of brokenness the Choice Scarf brings for some Pokémon until now.
    The fall of sweepers is not solely due to choice scarf. It's also thanks to the ridiculous amount of priority moves that the 4th gen introduced.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this but if I had my way, those would be banned too. I'm a dick. Deal with it, lol.

When I think about it, it's as if they tried to nerf sweepers as hard as they possibly could in the 4th gen.

The fall of sweepers is not solely due to choice scarf. It's also thanks to the ridiculous amount of priority moves that the 4th gen introduced.

I know I'm going to get a lot of flack for this but if I had my way, those would be banned too. I'm a dick. Deal with it, lol.

When I think about it, it's as if they tried to nerf sweepers as hard as they possibly could in the 4th gen.
    Ban all priority moves? Or just the typical Quick Attack-esque ones?

But I do get what you're saying in that both damaging priority moves and Choice items are pretty powerful with the right Pokémon to abuse them.

If anything, I find the Choice Scarf to be a balance for sweepers. With such a large amount of pokemon, my teams just struggle to counter and check them all. That's where the choice scarf comes in, to make sure my team isn't absolutely crushed by some random Rock Polish Terrakion or Quiver Dance Volcarona who my offensive teams just couldn't prepare for.

I think Excadril is a prime example of this. Okay, so it had STAB EQ, a good coverage move in Rock Slide, swords dance, and a high attack stat. Not really different from many sweepers, huh? Part of the reason that it was so dangerous is that offensive teams just couldn't find a way around it. No offensive pokemon could withstand a +2 hit from it, and no scarfer could outrun it. And what happened to it? Far to many teams were forced to add the same three defensive pokemon to their teams, and couldn't pick anything else. Think about it, how many pokemon in OU can counter or check a +1 Volcarona in the sun without a scarf?
    252SpAtk Life Orb +1 Volcarona (+SAtk) Hurricane vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Storm Drain Gastrodon (+SpDef): 55% - 64% (235 - 276 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    252SpAtk Life Orb +1 Volcarona (+SAtk) Fire Blast in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Storm Drain Gastrodon (+SpDef): 61% - 72% (264 - 310 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    Oh, and what can Gastro do in return?
    0SpAtk Gastrodon (Neutral) Scald in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef +1 Volcarona (Neutral): 50% - 59% (156 - 186 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    That's in the rain. You'd pretty much be sacrificing the slug to weaken it. Want some more examples?
    252Atk Life Orb +2 Terrakion (Neutral) Close Combat vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Sturdy Skarmory (+Def): 86% - 99% (288 - 333 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    252Atk Life Orb +2 Terrakion (Neutral) Stone Edge vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Gliscor (+Def): 73% - 86% (261 - 307 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

One stealth rock, or a little bit of prior damage, and the Skarmory "counter" is potentially down. But if you still want some calcs...
    72Atk Gliscor (Neutral) Earthquake vs 4HP/0Def Terrakion (Neutral): 74% - 88% (242 - 288 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    0Atk Skarmory (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 4HP/0Def Terrakion (Neutral): 36% - 42% (118 - 139 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Yeah, Terrakion would be an instant Uber, Volcarona will be after people see that Heatran will be on every single half decent team in the metagame, and the place will be full of nothing but Ice Shard users to make sure those dragons don't crush everything. If anything, the choice scarf is an essential part of the metagame, since it makes sure things besides the spamming of sweepers is vaible.

And when I make a stall team, it's a defensive core of 5 + a scarfer that also helps keep Gliscor, Reuniclus, and brutes who love to use SD or DD from ruining my team. If this change were made, we'd have just about every good sweeper take the same route as Excadril, and Smogon will be hated more then ever. Good bye Dragonite, good bye Volcarona, and yet again, good bye everyone's favorite Garchomp, who doesn't seem to be capable of staying OU for more then a minute.

"A prism of bright topaz. It reduces the chance of the holding Pokémon to be fully paralyzed."
    - The chance that the holding Pokémon is fully paralyzed drops from 25% to 12.5%.

"A prism of gleaming ruby. It lowers the reduction of a burned Pokémon's Attack stat."
    - If the holding Pokémon is burned, its Attack stat is reduced by 1/4 instead of halved.

"A prism of lucid amethyst. It lowers the damage taken from a Pokémon's mild poison."
    - "Mild poison" means regular poison. Poison saps 1/16 HP from the holding Pokémon every turn instead of 1/8 HP. Toxic poison is unaffected.

"A prism of shiny emerald. A Pokémon holding this item will wake from its slumber more quickly."

"A prism of crystalline sapphire. A Pokémon holding this item will defrost more quickly."

"A prism of luminescent opal. It makes the holding Pokémon snap out of confusion faster."
    - It halves the number of turns that the holding Pokémon is confused. It's basically Early Bird, except for confusion instead of sleep.

"A prism of brilliant pink garnet. Moves' secondary effects that inflict status conditions occur less often."
    - Wonder Skin on an item. Like with the Green Prism, it does stack with the ability equivalent.
    I like them, however I think you should make one for Curse afflictions from Ghosts.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Changing some old hold items to boost their usefulness.

The elemental hold items: mystic water, charcoal etc.
    Now boost all attacks by 10percent if holder is same type as the item' boost. And provide 20percent boost to stab moves if the types match. If the types don't match only a 10percent boost to the type.

Icicle Pierce - Yeah, it seems fine, if not just slightly over the curve in terms of base power. It could do with 70 base power just like other Slash variants.

Needle Buster - If anything, I'd say that Superpower has slightly too much drawback for its power-accuracy ratio. I like pretty much everything about this move, even the name. Well done!

Stall and Speed Boost - Both ability refinements destroy the flavor behind both moves. In terms of competitive balance and viability only, I'd say sure. Factor in flavor along with question such as, "Why does a Pokémon suddenly have its Defense raised just because it goes last?", and it falls apart.

Generalize - Something about the five-turn duration is a bit off to me. I'd make it three turns at the most. I'm also tempted to say that it allows for a lot of type matchup abuse, but I can't think of any situations where that would be the case.

Finishing Blow - I'd make it so that the user restores HP equal to the damage dealt, but only if the move KO's the foe. I don't know, it seems better to me that way. And this move never misses?

Metanyx - Seems like a solid Pokémon, based on typing and base stats alone. Definitely competitively viable from what you've posted.

Iron Armor - I'm not a huge fan of mechanics that inherently "hate" on certain types, and this is no exception. -25% damage from physical moves or something?

Only green prisim would be ever used.. it is better if they just give immunity.. really although outclassing the berries (except lum in any way..)

Clear body boost: current effect + isn't affected by statuses secundary effects (paralysis speed cut and burn attack nerfs) it would give regirock and metagross more usefulness also klinklank will benefit.. metagross is barely OU as of now :/

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I like them, however I think you should make one for Curse afflictions from Ghosts.
    Curse is such a corner case to begin with that I don't feel it warrants an item.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Changing some old hold items to boost their usefulness.

The elemental hold items: mystic water, charcoal etc.
    Now boost all attacks by 10percent if holder is same type as the item' boost. And provide 20percent boost to stab moves if the types match. If the types don't match only a 10percent boost to the type.
    So if a Garchomp held a Charcoal and it used Fire Fang, it would get a 10% boost, but if it held a Soft Sand instead and used Earthquake, it would get a 30% boost?
    Ehh... I don't know about this one. I don't know what's wrong with these kinds of items as they are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Only green prisim would be ever used.. it is better if they just give immunity.. really although outclassing the berries (except lum in any way..)

Clear body boost: current effect + isn't affected by statuses secundary effects (paralysis speed cut and burn attack nerfs) it would give regirock and metagross more usefulness also klinklank will benefit.. metagross is barely OU as of now :/
    Yeah, I kind of wanted to make them useful but not outclass the berries at the same time. Granting immunity would make them strictly better than those berries, whereas granting immunity from those status effects for one turn (the item disappearing if the Pokémon would become fully paralyzed, or the first time it would suffer burn or poison damage, or on the first turn a Pokémon would stay asleep, frozen, or confused) would make the item incredibly weak.

Clear Body - I personally wouldn't change anything about the ability. One thing that Steel-type Pokémon with Clear Body have to inherently watch out for is a burn, and making Clear Body negate the Attack drop would just make those Pokémon a bit too powerful, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    If anything, I find the Choice Scarf to be a balance for sweepers. With such a large amount of pokemon, my teams just struggle to counter and check them all. That's where the choice scarf comes in, to make sure my team isn't absolutely crushed by some random Rock Polish Terrakion or Quiver Dance Volcarona who my offensive teams just couldn't prepare for.

I think Excadril is a prime example of this. Okay, so it had STAB EQ, a good coverage move in Rock Slide, swords dance, and a high attack stat. Not really different from many sweepers, huh? Part of the reason that it was so dangerous is that offensive teams just couldn't find a way around it. No offensive pokemon could withstand a +2 hit from it, and no scarfer could outrun it. And what happened to it? Far to many teams were forced to add the same three defensive pokemon to their teams, and couldn't pick anything else. Think about it, how many pokemon in OU can counter or check a +1 Volcarona in the sun without a scarf?
    252SpAtk Life Orb +1 Volcarona (+SAtk) Hurricane vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Storm Drain Gastrodon (+SpDef): 55% - 64% (235 - 276 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    252SpAtk Life Orb +1 Volcarona (+SAtk) Fire Blast in Sun vs 252HP/252SpDef Leftovers Storm Drain Gastrodon (+SpDef): 61% - 72% (264 - 310 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    Oh, and what can Gastro do in return?
    0SpAtk Gastrodon (Neutral) Scald in Rain vs 4HP/0SpDef +1 Volcarona (Neutral): 50% - 59% (156 - 186 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    That's in the rain. You'd pretty much be sacrificing the slug to weaken it. Want some more examples?
    252Atk Life Orb +2 Terrakion (Neutral) Close Combat vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Sturdy Skarmory (+Def): 86% - 99% (288 - 333 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    252Atk Life Orb +2 Terrakion (Neutral) Stone Edge vs 252HP/252Def Leftovers Gliscor (+Def): 73% - 86% (261 - 307 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.

One stealth rock, or a little bit of prior damage, and the Skarmory "counter" is potentially down. But if you still want some calcs...
    72Atk Gliscor (Neutral) Earthquake vs 4HP/0Def Terrakion (Neutral): 74% - 88% (242 - 288 HP). Guaranteed 2HKO.
    0Atk Skarmory (Neutral) Brave Bird vs 4HP/0Def Terrakion (Neutral): 36% - 42% (118 - 139 HP). Guaranteed 3HKO.

Yeah, Terrakion would be an instant Uber, Volcarona will be after people see that Heatran will be on every single half decent team in the metagame, and the place will be full of nothing but Ice Shard users to make sure those dragons don't crush everything. If anything, the choice scarf is an essential part of the metagame, since it makes sure things besides the spamming of sweepers is vaible.

And when I make a stall team, it's a defensive core of 5 + a scarfer that also helps keep Gliscor, Reuniclus, and brutes who love to use SD or DD from ruining my team. If this change were made, we'd have just about every good sweeper take the same route as Excadril, and Smogon will be hated more then ever. Good bye Dragonite, good bye Volcarona, and yet again, good bye everyone's favorite Garchomp, who doesn't seem to be capable of staying OU for more then a minute.
    I can kinda see where you're coming from, but I feel that if your opponent manages to set up on you he deserves to sweep. Setting up takes wit, you know.

But as usual, game freak went overkill with "balance". Sweepers are now damn near worthless compared to the tanks in their respective tiers. Look at Smogon's OU Viability ranking thread. Notice how many tradtional sweepers (fast, powerful frail) are near the bottom (B tier or lower). It's gotten to the point where you NEED choice scarf or weather to do well. A regular sweeper won't cut it. A tank is A-ok though. And that brings me into another thing: weather is also stupid as hell.

As a matter of fact, I don't even think gamefreak really gives a **** about competitive balance. IVs and **** probably only exist to make every Pokemon unique.

Rock Smash's power is increased to 95 and keeps its Defense lowering effect!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Don't you think that would be a tad "broken"? For the sake of balance, I say make it 60 so Brick Break still has a moment to shine.

Speaking of Brick Break, smashing up those entry hazards?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

no. broken. rapid spin is good. spinning is supposed to not kill, just inflict practically no damage.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Metanyx - Seems like a solid Pokémon, based on typing and base stats alone. Definitely competitively viable from what you've posted.

Iron Armor - I'm not a huge fan of mechanics that inherently "hate" on certain types, and this is no exception. -25% damage from physical moves or something?
    ok, but minus 25 percent could be a little broken. maybe half damage from rocks (that was what it was meant for) and minus 6.25 or 12.5 from physical, no, even better, direct attacks. on second thought, from physical attacks.

also, i alittle into its moveset.

useful/noteable moves:

- close combat
    - e-quake
    - iron head (for flavor)
    - siesmic toss (flavor again)
    - bulk up
    - focus punch (maybe not?)
    - elemental punches

and so on.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I'm actually totally fine with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Speaking of Brick Break, smashing up those entry hazards?
    Flavorfully, a Pokémon can't smash entry hazards away; they're blown away or they magically disappear, instead. That's what Rapid Spin is for. I'd say no to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    ok, but minus 25 percent could be a little broken. maybe half damage from rocks (that was what it was meant for) and minus 6.25 or 12.5 from physical, no, even better, direct attacks. on second thought, from physical attacks.

also, i alittle into its moveset.

useful/noteable moves:

- close combat
    - e-quake
    - iron head (for flavor)
    - siesmic toss (flavor again)
    - bulk up
    - focus punch (maybe not?)
    - elemental punches

and so on.
    -25% is slightly broken, but it seemed like a good percentage. Maybe 20%? Solid Rock decreases the effectiveness of super-effective moves by 25%, and it only affects moves that are super effective, not half of all attacking moves in the game, yeah. The decreased percentage would account for the increased variety of moves that it would affect.

As for the moveset of Metanyx, I wouldn't give it Focus Punch, only because it doesn't seem like a Pokémon that would use it. Otherwise, it seems good.

yeah you're right about focus punch.

how would it be if i added revenge, superpower, and heavy slam to the moveset?

EDIT: btw, it weighs 485 lbs.

yeah you're right about focus punch.

how would it be if i added revenge, superpower, and heavy slam to the moveset?

EDIT: btw, it weighs 485 lbs.
    I'd put Revenge and Superpower in its moveset, yeah. I never imagined Metanyx to have Heavy Slam or any of those "lazy"-type moves, if you know what I mean.

i know what you mean.

on topic, give rotom-s hurricane.

i know what you mean.

on topic, give rotom-s hurricane.
    Or better, a new ability that gives it a decent niche over Zapdos. Even if it had Hurricane, it'd still be outclassed by the bird.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Priority move day!

New Move: Heat Sprint
    Type: Fire / Power: 35 / Accuracy: -- / PP: 20 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: +1 (Contact: Yes)
    "The user ignites itself and charges at the target at a wickedly fast speed. It is sure to strike first."

New Move: Dart Rush
    Type: Electric / Power: 35 / Accuracy: -- / PP: 20 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: +1 (Contact: Yes)
    "The user slams the targeting at an extremely fast speed with electric power. It is sure to strike first."

New Move: Mach Volt
    Type: Electric / Power: 80 / Accuracy: -- / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: +2 (Contact: Yes)
    "The user lunges at the target at a speed so fast that the user is lightning-charged. It is sure to strike first."

New Move: Groundspire
    Type: Ground / Power: 35 / Accuracy: -- / PP: 20 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: +1 (Contact: No)
    "The target is struck by a blade of earth from below so quickly that it always strikes first and cannot miss."

they all seem weak, barring mach volt, which is sort of better all around then e-speed.

they all seem weak, barring mach volt, which is sort of better all around then e-speed.
    Well, Quick Attack and friends have 40 power, +1 priority, and can miss. These have 35 power, +1 priority, and can't miss. The reason why I think the "can't miss" part is only worth a 5 power decrease is because these moves generally don't miss to begin with.

And yes, Mach Volt is a strictly better Electric-type ExtremeSpeed.

quick attack and friends have 100 accuracy.

Page 47 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast