Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

  1. #1201

    Default

    How about two items that boost speed and attack, and speed and special attack? It needs a drawback of some sort. I think that the user randomly switches after a single attack. This would give a huge rise in usage for Outrage users such as Salamence, to prevent the trapped into a move effect. Yes, it would have to be a random switch. Otherwise, that would be WAY too overpowered. Then its basically an item that turns all attacks into Volt Switch or U-Turn, except a lot more powerful. And a choice scarf boost. Yeah, Shed Shells would need use too to avoid Heatran randomly switching in to lure Dugtrio out. Volt Switch and U-Turn would be the exceptions to this item. They get the boosts and let you switch into the Pokemon of your choice. Huge boost to VoltTurn teams and revenge killers




    252 +6 Atk Choice Band Pure Power Victini (+Atk)Critical V-create vs 0 HP/0 -6 Def Dry Skin Paras (-Def) : 103470436.36% - 121729963.64% (Guaranteed OHKO)

    You Don't Say? I had no idea that a Choice Band Adamant Victini with maximum attack EVs and IVs that was baton passed +6 in attack and Skill Swapped Pure Power OHKO's Hasty Dry Skin Lvl 1 Paras with no defense EVs or IVs and -6 in defense under sun with a critical hit V-Create.

  2. #1202
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Change light orb to work with the pika clone too.

  3. #1203
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Nerf Growth down to +1 and just in Attack!

    Sorry Venasaur and friends but I had to say it.


  4. #1204
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Legendary buff time!

    New ability: Solid Ice
    Effect: When being hit by an attack super-effective against the pokemon, it only does half damage. This means that Articuno's rock weakness would be X2, and it wouldn't have any others. May seem OP, but if you take Articuno's horrible typing into account, it's not all that bad. It also grants a resistance to Dragon.
    Distribution: Articuno only.

    New ability: Storm Bringer
    Effect: While raining, the pokemon's special attack is brought up by 30%, similar to solar power. However, there is no drawback to this.
    Distribution: Zapdos only.

    New Ability: Flaming Wings
    Effect: The pokemon's special attack and speed are raised by one stage each when hit by a fire, electric attack, or any other heated attack, such as scald or dragon breath. This pokemon is also granted an immunity to these attacks.
    Distribution: Moltres.

    I'll get to Johto's beast later. Suicune won't get much of a buff, though.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

  5. #1205
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Honestly, that boost would make the eviolite useless, but more importantly, this is the competitive section. There is a general section for that whole Eviolite gig, since it's not broken at all competitively.

    But even then, Pikachu is the mascot for Arceus's sake....even if t wouldn't happen with anything else, Pikachu should still be an exception.
    Maybe, but I consider whether or not a battle mechanic would be implemented into the game before continuing with it. This goes for things like a +6 Attack move with no drawbacks for Sunkern and Sunkern only, as well as an item that doubles all stats of the holding Pokémon. If it doesn't seem that it would be put into the game in the first place, why bother discussing it in the first place and its possible effects on the rest of the metagame, right?

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Change light orb to work with the pika clone too.
    From a benefit point of view, sure. It doesn't mechanically make sense though, since just because Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, and Emolga look like Pikachu, they are different Pokémon, after all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Nerf Growth down to +1 and just in Attack!
    I'd rather it just boost Sp. Atk. After all, most Grass-type moves are special.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Legendary buff time!

    New ability: Solid Ice
    Effect: When being hit by an attack super-effective against the pokemon, it only does half damage. This means that Articuno's rock weakness would be X2, and it wouldn't have any others. May seem OP, but if you take Articuno's horrible typing into account, it's not all that bad. It also grants a resistance to Dragon.
    Distribution: Articuno only.

    New ability: Storm Bringer
    Effect: While raining, the pokemon's special attack is brought up by 30%, similar to solar power. However, there is no drawback to this.
    Distribution: Zapdos only.

    New Ability: Flaming Wings
    Effect: The pokemon's special attack and speed are raised by one stage each when hit by a fire, electric attack, or any other heated attack, such as scald or dragon breath. This pokemon is also granted an immunity to these attacks.
    Distribution: Moltres.

    I'll get to Johto's beast later. Suicune won't get much of a buff, though.
    Solid Ice - So it's basically Filter or Solid Rock but with half damage instead of 3/4 damage? Seems alright, not too broken as a signature ability. But why would it make Articuno not have any other weaknesses just because it's hit by a Rock-type move? And I'd cut the Dragon-type resistance, too, since it just seems tacked onto the effect, in my opinion.

    Storm Bringer - Seems alright. Maybe 30% is too low of a number to immediately scream "overpowered".

    Flaming Wings - One benefit from a Fire-type move is alright, given the existence of Flash Fire. One benefit from an Electric-type move for Moltres in particular seems a bit more viable, since Electric is one of its weaknesses to start with. When the second of the two types being a trigger condition is factored into the equation, though, it starts seeming really powerful, really fast. Add in a third trigger condition (the heat-based moves), along with a second benefit from each of these trigger conditions, and it seems like too great a boon for Moltres. I know that Moltres is a bad competitive Pokémon relative to other legendary Pokémon, but still.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  6. #1206
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    From a benefit point of view, sure. It doesn't mechanically make sense though, since just because Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, and Emolga look like Pikachu, they are different Pokémon, after all.
    If they had nothing in common...why would they all call their electrical power from their cheeks?
    Solid Ice - So it's basically Filter or Solid Rock but with half damage instead of 3/4 damage? Seems alright, not too broken as a signature ability. But why would it make Articuno not have any other weaknesses just because it's hit by a Rock-type move? And I'd cut the Dragon-type resistance, too, since it just seems tacked onto the effect, in my opinion.

    Storm Bringer - Seems alright. Maybe 30% is too low of a number to immediately scream "overpowered".

    Flaming Wings - One benefit from a Fire-type move is alright, given the existence of Flash Fire. One benefit from an Electric-type move for Moltres in particular seems a bit more viable, since Electric is one of its weaknesses to start with. When the second of the two types being a trigger condition is factored into the equation, though, it starts seeming really powerful, really fast. Add in a third trigger condition (the heat-based moves), along with a second benefit from each of these trigger conditions, and it seems like too great a boon for Moltres. I know that Moltres is a bad competitive Pokémon relative to other legendary Pokémon, but still.
    The point isn't to be OP, it's just to be good.

    Zapdos doesn't need much of a buff-it's already viable in OU. I just decided to add it since Moltres and Articuno desperitly needed a buff, and with their typings, the only way I could figure one out was through abilities. 30% is fine.

    The dragon resistance was sort of just thrown in, I'll admit, but it was also kind inspired by the fact that ice is super effective against dragon. And Articuno really needed some resistances. With a resistance to dragon, fighting, and ground, it'd be pretty good. Though the more I think about it, the more fitting it'd be for water to take dragon's place in that, and it'll still be useful because of how common rain is.

    So, I'll change the ability to provide a resistance to water, and not to dragon.

    As for Moltres....it loses half it's health to SR already, and I already fixed Articuno with some hyper-defensive ability, so I decided to give it an extremely offensive ability, inspired by flash fire. And it's not all that OP on it, either, again, because of it's absolutely awful typing, and that it has to properly predict and swap in on the correct attack in order to work.

    Anyway, I'll get onto the beast.

    Attack: Fire Claws
    Type: Fire
    Power: 40
    Accuracy: 100
    Effect: The user charges and attacks the foe with flaming claws and teeth. The user's attack and speed are each raised one stage if the attack hits.
    Distribution: Entei
    *This attack makes physical contact.

    Attack: Lightning Roar
    Type: Electric
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    Effect: The user makes a fierce roar that calls lighting to strike the user's back. The energy is then used to raise the user's sp.att two stages. Any other electric type attack used by another pokemon will cause this to get another stage rather then their usual effect. This means thunderwave won't paralyze, and charge wouldn't boost special defense or the next electric attack if used after Raikou uses this attack.
    Distribution: Raikou
    Effected by taunt, effected by snatch, and a pokemon with the ability soundproof can still use electric attacks normally.

    I also changed my mind about Suicune, I'll give it a buff it'd simply love. Though I still don't think it's OP.
    Attack: Healing Water
    Type: Water
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    Effect: The pokemon restores 50% of it's health, and also removes all status effects from the user.
    Distribution: Suicune
    Effected by taunt and effected by snatch.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My signature sucks.

  7. #1207
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    If they had nothing in common...why would they all call their electrical power from their cheeks?
    I never said they had nothing in common. It's their design gimmick that makes them look and behave like Pikachu, but they're still different Pokémon.

    The point isn't to be OP, it's just to be good.

    Zapdos doesn't need much of a buff-it's already viable in OU. I just decided to add it since Moltres and Articuno desperitly needed a buff, and with their typings, the only way I could figure one out was through abilities. 30% is fine.

    The dragon resistance was sort of just thrown in, I'll admit, but it was also kind inspired by the fact that ice is super effective against dragon. And Articuno really needed some resistances. With a resistance to dragon, fighting, and ground, it'd be pretty good. Though the more I think about it, the more fitting it'd be for water to take dragon's place in that, and it'll still be useful because of how common rain is.

    So, I'll change the ability to provide a resistance to water, and not to dragon.

    As for Moltres....it loses half it's health to SR already, and I already fixed Articuno with some hyper-defensive ability, so I decided to give it an extremely offensive ability, inspired by flash fire. And it's not all that OP on it, either, again, because of it's absolutely awful typing, and that it has to properly predict and swap in on the correct attack in order to work.
    Well, most of what I said is due to how I make and evaluate the battle mechanics that others make, but what you say is perfectly on par when it comes to making Articuno and Moltres more competitively viable.

    Attack: Fire Claws
    Type: Fire
    Power: 40
    Accuracy: 100
    Effect: The user charges and attacks the foe with flaming claws and teeth. The user's attack and speed are each raised one stage if the attack hits.
    Distribution: Entei
    *This attack makes physical contact.

    Attack: Lightning Roar
    Type: Electric
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    Effect: The user makes a fierce roar that calls lighting to strike the user's back. The energy is then used to raise the user's sp.att two stages. Any other electric type attack used by another pokemon will cause this to get another stage rather then their usual effect. This means thunderwave won't paralyze, and charge wouldn't boost special defense or the next electric attack if used after Raikou uses this attack.
    Distribution: Raikou
    Effected by taunt, effected by snatch, and a pokemon with the ability soundproof can still use electric attacks normally.

    I also changed my mind about Suicune, I'll give it a buff it'd simply love. Though I still don't think it's OP.
    Attack: Healing Water
    Type: Water
    Power: ---
    Accuracy: ---
    Effect: The pokemon restores 50% of it's health, and also removes all status effects from the user.
    Distribution: Suicune
    Effected by taunt and effected by snatch.
    Fire Claws - Given that it's only learned by a legendary Pokémon, I'd say that the power of this move is just right.

    Lightning Roar - It only lasts until the rest of the turn, right? If it doesn't, then it's undeniably overpowered.
    One thing I don't get with this move in particular is how Pokémon with Soundproof can still strike Raikou normally. Lightning Roar doesn't affect the Pokémon with Soundproof at all; rather, it changes how Electric-type moves affect Raikou, so I'd think that Pokémon with Soundproof would still suffer from the limitation.

    Healing Water - Solid move (no pun intended). Nothing to change here. (:





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  8. #1208
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    New Clear Smog: eliminates the effects of weather.

    New Move: Clear Skies: you can solve it here!

    Instead of changing from rain to Hail and vice versa, get rid of weather completely!

    Distribution: Same as Toxic/Subsitute.


  9. #1209
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    New Clear Smog: eliminates the effects of weather.
    Doesn't Clear Smog become a better version of Air Lock or Cloud Nine? :O

    Abilities:

    Daydream - Raises Special Attack every turn when the foe is afflicted by sleep.
    => Imma make it so that users that get Daydream don't get RestTalk :3 Otherwise it'd be toooooo op.

    Avenger - Retaliate's power is boosted by 20%
    => Retaliate + Avenger combo anyone? Useful revenge killer ftw?

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  10. #1210
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Actually, Clear Smog could work that way, since it can be blocked by Steel types it would add an extra level of prediction, Sun teams would suffer though, having to pack a steel type when their gimmick powers up fire moves...

  11. #1211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Actually, Clear Smog could work that way, since it can be blocked by Steel types it would add an extra level of prediction, Sun teams would suffer though, having to pack a steel type when their gimmick powers up fire moves...
    heatran says hi.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  12. #1212
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    New Clear Smog: eliminates the effects of weather.

    New Move: Clear Skies: you can solve it here!

    Instead of changing from rain to Hail and vice versa, get rid of weather completely!

    Distribution: Same as Toxic/Subsitute.
    Clear Smog - Instead of Clear Smog eliminating weather (since Clear Smog only affects one Pokémon), if anything, Haze should be the one that removes weather.

    Clear Skies - The effect is good, but I don't get why almost every Pokémon should have it. After all, only a select few Pokémon can directly manipulate the weather.

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Daydream - Raises Special Attack every turn when the foe is afflicted by sleep.
    => Imma make it so that users that get Daydream don't get RestTalk :3 Otherwise it'd be toooooo op.

    Avenger - Retaliate's power is boosted by 20%
    => Retaliate + Avenger combo anyone? Useful revenge killer ftw?
    Daydream - What does "the foe" mean? Any one foe? All foes? Adjacent foes?

    Avenger - Eh, I'm not a fan of abilities that only benefit one corner case of a move, but sure.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  13. #1213
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Clear Smog - Instead of Clear Smog eliminating weather (since Clear Smog only affects one Pokémon), if anything, Haze should be the one that removes weather.

    Clear Skies - The effect is good, but I don't get why almost every Pokémon should have it. After all, only a select few Pokémon can directly manipulate the weather
    Why wouldn't you want Clear Skies on Whimscott =p


  14. #1214
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Cloud Nine/Air Lock upgrade:stops weather permanently.
    Altaria for OU?


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  15. #1215

    Default

    maybe a little broken. i'm all for stopping weather, but cloud nine was meant to be inferior to air lock, because it only affects the user, because of "being on cloud nine" apparently making one haappy enough to ignore the weather.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  16. #1216
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,823

    Default

    Wait, is there even a difference besides names to Cloud Nine and Air Lock?

    If they are different I'd like Cloud Nine to clear the weather too.

  17. #1217
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Why wouldn't you want Clear Skies on Whimscott =p
    Erm... I don't get how that has any relevance to what I said. o:

    Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Cloud Nine/Air Lock upgrade:stops weather permanently.
    Altaria for OU?
    What you propose is broken not because of the effect itself, but because of how much of a battle it can affect. Not only does it lock out weather-inducing abilities and weather moves, but it also practically permanently cripples teams whose strategy revolves around the manipulation of weather. Yes, weather teams are strong, but no battle mechanic should completely lock out a strategy, just reduce the effectiveness of that strategy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    maybe a little broken. i'm all for stopping weather, but cloud nine was meant to be inferior to air lock, because it only affects the user, because of "being on cloud nine" apparently making one haappy enough to ignore the weather.
    This is incorrect. Cloud Nine is equivalent to Air Lock as far as range of influence goes.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  18. #1218

    Default

    cloud nine only works on user. it really does.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  19. #1219
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Erm... I don't get how that has any relevance to what I said. o:



    What you propose is broken not because of the effect itself, but because of how much of a battle it can affect. Not only does it lock out weather-inducing abilities and weather moves, but it also practically permanently cripples teams whose strategy revolves around the manipulation of weather. Yes, weather teams are strong, but no battle mechanic should completely lock out a strategy, just reduce the effectiveness of that strategy.



    This is incorrect. Cloud Nine is equivalent to Air Lock as far as range of influence goes.
    The problem is that cloud nine and air lock work only as long as the user is out then the endless rain/sun/hail/sand continues I don't say it will lock weather forever just that it will clear it like permanent weather does.. it is annoying it isn't that useful being temporal..
    it will make weather more balanced.. so balanced teams can rise with pokemons which cancel weather. rayquaza's usage will skyrocket.


    Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

  20. #1220
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Bring Encores 2-6 turn (forgot the limit) back, it was so good until it was nerfed to three turns IMO.

    And increase Seismatoads Attacking stats by 20 each and give a better movepool along with Nasty Plot.

    Hope it isn't broken.


  21. #1221

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Bring Encores 2-6 turn (forgot the limit) back, it was so good until it was nerfed to three turns IMO.

    And increase Seismatoads Attacking stats by 20 each and give a better movepool along with Nasty Plot.

    Hope it isn't broken.
    gf cant change existing pokemon's stats.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  22. #1222
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In a house
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    gf cant change existing pokemon's stats.
    Then they'd probably need another evolution, like politoed/poliwrath
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

  23. #1223

    Default

    cant evolve more then twice. unless you mean a branched evo, which ruins the point of giving it to seismitoad.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  24. #1224
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lolno
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    gf cant change existing pokemon's stats.
    This is the Changing everything thread so it's perfectly find here.


  25. #1225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    This is the Changing everything thread so it's perfectly find here.
    oh yeah. i forgot.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Page 49 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3945464748495051525359 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •