Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I don't understand how Ferrothorn would be able to use it. Escavalier, sure, but not Ferrothorn.
    And while on the subject, remove Wooper's Ice Punch. To be fair, though, Quagsire can punch, but Ferrothorn can't shake the ground
    Are you kidding me

But thanks for agreeing me on Escavalier, at least Superpowr could have worked too.

Ferrothorn can't shake the ground.
    How can Arbok and Seviper shake the ground?
    What about Sharpedo? He would have to puncture a fin by doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Are you kidding me

But thanks for agreeing me on Escavalier, at least Superpowr could have worked too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Just because Earthquake (or Bulldoze) is in their list of possible moves doesn't mean I magically understand how they're able to shake the ground.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

You don't have to stamp the ground to shake it. You just use your will. Some Pokémon can do it, some can't.

What does everybody else think of Parasite?

Parasite
    "The Pokémon is healed whenever other Pokémon take poison damage."
    - A Pokémon with Parasite is healed by 1/16 of its HP every time a Pokémon on the field (including itself) takes poison damage of any amount. Note that if it triggers off itself taking poison damage, the poison damage happens first, and then it triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    haven't posted anything in a while, so....

but duranteater, it makes no sense for escavalier to ge earthquake. i just can't think of any flavorful reason why.

New Abilities:

Malware

if a pokemon would receive an attack or special attack boonus from download, that pokemon receives a minus two penalty to that stat instead of a plus one bonus.

before the second ability, look at this.

new pokemon:

Ice/Fighting

stats:

90hp
    150atk
    60def
    40sp.atk
    60sp.def
    100spe

how to balence it out? like this.

second ability is:

(i dont have a name for it)

if this pokemon switches into a faster foe, its speed is increased by one, but if it switches into a slower foe, its speed is lowered by one.
    zekrom have 150 attack just saying.. but ice is a bad typing.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

New Abilities
    Outburst: Whenever the user flinches, attack is raised by one stage.
    Nimble Mind: The user cannot flinch twice in a row.

New Attacks
    Ice Tornado (Ice)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Adjacent Foe
    The user churns a tornado. May confuse.
    - 30% chance. This is like a confusion variant of Scald with ice as a typing.

Poison Wing (Flying)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Adjacent Foe
    The user smashes it wings at the foe while coating poison. May poison the foe.
    - 30% chance. This is like a poison and physical variant of Scald with flying as a typing.

Spore Toss (Grass)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Adjacent Foe
    The user showers the foe with spores. It may inflict a status.
    - 30% chance to inflict EITHER Poison, Paralyse, Stun or Sleep.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    New Abilities

New Attacks
    Ice Tornado (Ice)

Poison Wing (Flying)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Adjacent Foe
    - 30% chance. This is like a poison and physical variant of Scald with flying as a typing.

Spore Toss (Grass)
    Outburst: not sure how this'd turn out.
    Nimble Mind: strictly inferior inner focus
    Ice Tornado: seems fine to me, but i don't see how ice could confuse. but that's there because 30% freeze would be broken, right?
    Poison Wing: another poison move that will never be used. maybe if it had a toxic poison chance instead......... but poison is still a horrible attacking type.
    Spore Toss: seems to unpredictable to be used much, maybe high risk high reward. buut a 30% chance to have a 25% chance of sleep is a little much. there's a reason effect spore is 10%. now that i think of it.......

Revamped Ability:

Effect Spore

raised to 20% effect chance.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

New Moves:

1. Tsunami (Physical)
    Type: Water
    Power/120 Accuracy/100 PP/10

Description: The first turn, the Pokemon charges its power. On the second turn, it releases a wave of destruction.
    This move can be used directly without the use of charging if the move Earthquake is used beforehand.

2. Landslide: (Physcial)
    Type: Ground
    Power/?? Accuracy/90 PP/10
    Description: Cuts opponent's HP in half (basically an alternative to Super Fang)

New Moves:

1. Tsunami (Physical)

Description: The first turn, the Pokemon charges its power. On the second turn, it releases a wave of destruction.
    This move can be used directly without the use of charging if the move Earthquake is used beforehand.

Description: Cuts opponent's HP in half (basically an alternative to Super Fang)
    Tsunami, I don't see why it would be physical instead of special.

Landslide I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Tsunami, I don't see why it would be physical instead of special.

Landslide I like.
    Tsunamis are caused by Earth's physical brute force, so why can't it be physical?

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    New Abilities

New Attacks
    Ice Tornado (Ice)

Poison Wing (Flying)

Spore Toss (Grass)
    Outburst - Steadfast (I think that's the ability) but for Attack seems alright.

Nimble Mind - It's a strictly worse Inner Focus, yeah, but that means it's not broken.

Ice Tornado - Sure.

Poison Wing - Seems alright. The flavor doesn't click as much as Scald and Ice Tornado do. After all, why doesn't Steel Wing have a chance to lower the foe's Defense?

Spore Toss - So is there a 30% chance to inflict any one of the three (stun isn't a status ailment) status ailments, in order of poison, paralysis, or sleep, or is it basically Effect Spore on a move that has a base power (30% chance to inflict a status ailment, with 10% poison, 10% paralysis, and 10% sleep)? If it's the first, this move is broken, but if it's the second, I'd say that it's alright.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Poison Wing: another poison move that will never be used. maybe if it had a toxic poison chance instead......... but poison is still a horrible attacking type.
    Poison Wing is Flying-type, not Poison-type.

Effect Spore

raised to 20% effect chance.
    Raised? As in there's a 60% chance to inflict a status ailment, with 20% poison, 20% paralysis, and 20% sleep? I think 60% to inflict a status ailment is too much... Scald has a 30% to inflict burn, and even that is considered cheap by many people.

New Moves:

1. Tsunami (Physical)

Tsunami - Yeah, I don't understand why this can't be special. I don't like how it's physical solely to complement Earthquake. I do like how the charge time is negated if Earthquake is used, though. I'm also assuming that Earthquake has to be used on the turn directly before this is used, since otherwise, having a 120/100 move with no drawback is too powerful, if you ask me.

Landslide - I guess, but I don't see why a landslide specifically halves a target's HP.

IMO, landslide should have a higher chance for a critical hit.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Quote Originally Posted by azeem40 View Post
    IMO, landslide should have a higher chance for a critical hit.
    Landslide? You mean Rock Slide?

The Landslide that BNator92 mentioned doesn't adhere to the standard damage formula, so it can't score critical hits.

I am saying for it not to even half HP.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

So if it doesn't halve HP, what would the effect be?

I'm genuinely confused now.

It is an exact clone to Super Fang, only a different type. Having a move of my idea would be nice because Ghosts could get hit by it, unlike Super Fang.

Don't remember if this was mentioned in the past but whatever. A Dark Type that knows Rapid Spin could really be a use.

1. Tsunami (Physical)

Oh cool someone else made a move called Tsunami as well

Of course i'm going to be honest and say I think mine is better :P
    but yours is cool.

New ability!!!

Provoke
    "Raises Attack and Sp.Attack upon being forced out"

-So say a a Pokemon with Provoke was switched in due to the effect of Roar, Whirlwind, Dragon Tail or Circle Throw they automatically get a +2 in Attack and Sp.Attack. Its perfect so now your opponent would be wary about switching you out. Not to mention since the Pokemon switched in is random it cannot be abused in Double and Triple battles.

New Move: Rampart

Type: / Power: 80 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user charges at the foe defending and attacking at the same time. It's Defense is used as the Attack"

-This move is very unique in that it uses the Physical Defense stat as the offensive stat. So perfect for pokemon with High defense but terrible attack stats such as Shuckle and Claydol.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New ability!!!

Provoke
    "Raises Attack and Sp.Attack upon being forced out"

-So say a a Pokemon with Provoke was switched in due to the effect of Roar, Whirlwind, Dragon Tail or Circle Throw they automatically get a +2 in Attack and Sp.Attack. Its perfect so now your opponent would be wary about switching you out. Not to mention since the Pokemon switched in is random it cannot be abused in Double and Triple battles.

New Move: Rampart

Type: / Power: 80 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user charges at the foe defending and attacking at the same time. It's Defense is used as the Attack"

-This move is very unique in that it uses the Physical Defense stat as the offensive stat. So perfect for pokemon with High defense but terrible attack stats such as Shuckle and Claydol.
    Provoke - The game doesn't and can't differentiate between a Pokémon entering the field through switching and by being forced out. Even if it could, though, I'd say that +4 net stat increase is too much, and that +2 is the way to go.

Rampart - This actually seems like a pretty good move. I'd say that because it's one of those "gimmick" moves, the power should be lowered a bit, but otherwise, it's solid (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Don't remember if this was mentioned in the past but whatever. A Dark Type that knows Rapid Spin could really be a use.
    When I read this I somehow came up with a Cryogonal evolution Ice/Dark typing...

Ability: Levitate

HP: 75
    Attack: 55
    Defense: 40
    Sp. Attack: 115
    Sp. Defense: 145
    Speed: 125
    BST: 555

New moves: Dark Pulse, Foul Play, Fake Tears, Snatch

Me and my random ideas. Also too lazy to do a dex entry and name.

I kinda feel like the Sp. Defense is a little high but I wanted this to be like Cryogonal but even better stat wise. Plus it's still SR weak and now 4x weak to fighting moves (ow Mach Punch).

Provoke - The game doesn't and can't differentiate between a Pokémon entering the field through switching and by being forced out. Even if it could, though, I'd say that +4 net stat increase is too much, and that +2 is the way to go.
    I'm sure the game can tell the difference. That's why Pursuit works upon switching out not when a pokemon is switched out by your opponent.

Rampart - This actually seems like a pretty good move. I'd say that because it's one of those "gimmick" moves, the power should be lowered a bit, but otherwise, it's solid (no pun intended).
    Thanks I made it 80 power since it is basically a Rock/Defensive variant of Psychock.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I'm sure the game can tell the difference. That's why Pursuit works upon switching out not when a pokemon is switched out by your opponent.
    Pursuit checks to see whether or not the target switches. If it does, Pursuit's "go before the foe switches" trigger activates.
    In other words, Pursuit checks the timing of a switch-out, not the method of the switch-out. Provoke doesn't check the timing of a switch-in, but the method of switch-in, which can't be done by the game.

Pursuit checks to see whether or not the target switches. If it does, Pursuit's "go before the foe switches" trigger activates.
    In other words, Pursuit checks the timing of a switch-out, not the method of the switch-out. Provoke doesn't check the timing of a switch-in, but the method of switch-in, which can't be done by the game.
    ah I see. I'm sure they could always put that in then. :P

I forgot all about inner focus XD

*goes to dictionary.com and search for word of the day for an inspiration*

Alright, I'm going to start a Word of The Day new move challenge. It's fun for inspiration

Word of the day: Disbosom (To reveal, to confess)

Disbosom (Psychic)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Self/Priority: 0
    The user reveals and get rids of its item, but drastically increases speed.

---

Abilities:
    Pure Mind: The user ignores all the foe's stats boost.
    > A Simple clone with different distribution

Nike: Special Attack increases after knocking out a foe.
    > A Special Variant of Moxie

Air Current: Halves speed of the foe's party for 4 turns
    > An anti-tailwind

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast