Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Yes, Cloud Nine and Air Lock are the same, just with different distribution.
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

Today's word of the day is...

Dovetail

"To join or link together"

Today is an Attack!

Dovetail (Psychic)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user and ally joins their attack on one foe regardless where the foe are on the field. Attack and Special Attack increases by a stage if the targetted foe faints.

Example:
    User: Blaziken, Sceptile, MissingNo With Dovetail
    Foe: Magikarp, Sealeo, Ferrothorn

Turn 1: MissingNo uses Dovetail on Magikarp, Blaziken uses Sky Uppercut at Magikarp, Magikarp fainted, Sceptile uses Leaf Blade on Sealeo (adjacent to Magikarp). Sealeo fainted. Ferrothorn uses Protect, but it failed. MissingNo's attack and special attack increasesd, Blaziken's attack and special attack increased, MissingNo's attack and special attack increased!
    Turn 2: MissingNo uses Dovetail on Ferrothorn, Blaziken uses Cut at Ferrothorn, Sceptile uses Bullet Seed at Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn uses Spikes.

If a Pokemon like Swampert uses Surf, it will only hit that single target.

---

New Items

Soothe Bell (Renewed): Increases Wild Encounter Rate of Pokemon, and increases the chance of the foe sleeping longer
    Heart Bell (Pink Coloured Soothe Bell): Increases Wild Encounter Rate of Pokemon, and increases the chances of the foe being immbolised from infatuation.
    Dizzy Bell (Purple Coloured Soothe Bell): Increases Wild Encounter Rate of Pokemon, and increases the chance of the foe being confused longer.
    Holy Bell (White Coloured Soothe Bell): Increases Wild Encounter Rate of Pokemon, and has a 50% chance of healing status effects after each turn.

Magic Shell (A white coloured bubble): Guards against Priority Move. One-time use only.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Heart Voice - Considering that Earthquake hits all adjacents and has 5 more accuracy, I'd say this move is alright. The PP could be lowered to 10, though.

Heat Flare - It may just be me, but I'm not really a fan of moves with such high power giving recoil. Still, the move seems pretty good.

Subzero - It's a strictly better Solid Rock. The alternative mentioned is a Solid Rock equivalent, though, which is not as bad. Why does subzero mean less powerful super effective attacks received, though?

Hail Upgrade - Sure.

Rock Storm - It's fine, I guess. I don't think many Pokémon would really be able to abuse it, though, since it's special. Tyranitar, maybe...
    Since a colder temperature will make the ice harder (so fighting, rock and steel types will not hit as hard as before) harder to melt so fire would affect them less.
    But still takes SR damage.
    I actually though about landorus and nidoking it would work perfectly on them immune to sandstorm and sheer force no one said it needs to be a STAB also a special rock type needs to be introduced (Omastar likes rain better).

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

And since I woke up extremely early today for some reason...

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Today's word of the day is...

Dovetail

"To join or link together"

Today is an Attack!

Dovetail (Psychic)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user and ally joins their attack on one foe regardless where the foe are on the field. Attack and Special Attack increases by a stage if the targetted foe faints.

Example:
    User: Blaziken, Sceptile, MissingNo With Dovetail
    Foe: Magikarp, Sealeo, Ferrothorn

Turn 1: MissingNo uses Dovetail on Magikarp, Blaziken uses Sky Uppercut at Magikarp, Magikarp fainted, Sceptile uses Leaf Blade on Sealeo (adjacent to Magikarp). Sealeo fainted. Ferrothorn uses Protect, but it failed. MissingNo's attack and special attack increasesd, Blaziken's attack and special attack increased, MissingNo's attack and special attack increased!
    Turn 2: MissingNo uses Dovetail on Ferrothorn, Blaziken uses Cut at Ferrothorn, Sceptile uses Bullet Seed at Ferrothorn, Ferrothorn uses Spikes.

If a Pokemon like Swampert uses Surf, it will only hit that single target.

Soothe Bell (Renewed): Increases Wild Encounter Rate of Pokemon, and increases the chance of the foe sleeping longer
    Heart Bell (Pink Coloured Soothe Bell): Increases Wild Encounter Rate of Pokemon, and increases the chances of the foe being immbolised from infatuation.
    Dizzy Bell (Purple Coloured Soothe Bell): Increases Wild Encounter Rate of Pokemon, and increases the chance of the foe being confused longer.
    Holy Bell (White Coloured Soothe Bell): Increases Wild Encounter Rate of Pokemon, and has a 50% chance of healing status effects after each turn.

Magic Shell (A white coloured bubble): Guards against Priority Move. One-time use only.
    Dovetail -
    1) So what is the range of influence of this move? You say "single adjacent foe", but that would mean it wouldn't be able to affect Magikarp.
    2) Why does MissingNo's Attack and Sp. Atk increase twice?
    3) I think that because the user and the ally already join together to hit the foe that it shouldn't provide any benefit to the user of Dovetail, since that join-together thing is already an advantage.
    4) How does this move interact with Follow Me? Target-averting moves don't affect whether or not a move like Earthquake or Surf hits one or multiple targets, so I don't see why targeting for these moves would have to be changed. It works, but is unnecessary, in my opinion.
    5) The most important thing that makes this move not work is that the target is a single adjacent foe, actually. Because you're not targeting an ally, how is the game supposed to know what ally is paired with the user in a Triple Battle? After all, it's the user that selects an ally, not the user that selects a foe for the ally to attack.
    6) Complexity issues, but that's just me.

Soothe, Dizzy, and Heart Bells - What's the range of influence of the item? Does it make non-adjacent foes sleep longer/become infatuated more often/hit itself in confusion more often? (It should, since in particular, otherwise the sleep duration formula would be very confusing if a Pokémon switches position with another Pokémon that's holding this item.)

Holy Bell - This one in particular I don't like because of its pivotal chance to heal status ailments. Maybe it's just me and liking Shed Skin a lot, but eh.

Magic Shell - Does this allow the holder to go through Protect and such?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Since a colder temperature will make the ice harder (so fighting, rock and steel types will not hit as hard as before) harder to melt so fire would affect them less.
    But still takes SR damage.
    I actually though about landorus and nidoking it would work perfectly on them immune to sandstorm and sheer force no one said it needs to be a STAB also a special rock type needs to be introduced (Omastar likes rain better).
    Wouldn't ice at lower temperatures be easier to pulverize, though? I don't know, but whatever your flavor justification is, it works.

As for Rock Storm, maybe. There's always Power Gem, but that has the limitations of distribution and power hindering it.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

New ability!!!

Neglect
    "Raises power of the first move then lowers attack"

-So this ability raises the power of the very first move a Pokemon with Neglect used by 50% when the pokemon is first sent in. This boost only applies for the first move so if a pokemon used Swords Dance first then attacked it won't get the boost. However after the first move the Pokemon's Attack is then lowered by 25% until they switch out again, this decrease still applies even if their first move was not an attacking move.

Example:
    Turn 0: Trainer 1 sent out Haxorus, Trainer 2 sent out Golem, Turn End.
    Turn 1: Haxrous used Outrage, because Haxrous has Neglect it does 270 damage(Not including a held item bounus), Golem faints, Turn Ends.
    Turn 2: Trainer 2 sent out Druddigon, Haxorus uses Outrage again it does only 180 damage and Haxorus attack is cut by 25% because of Neglect, Druddigon uses move, Turn End.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New ability!!!

Neglect
    "Raises power of the first move then lowers attack"

-So this ability raises the power of the very first move a Pokemon with Neglect used by 50% when the pokemon is first sent in. This boost only applies for the first move so if a pokemon used Swords Dance first then attacked it won't get the boost. However after the first move the Pokemon's Attack is then lowered by 25% until they switch out again, this decrease still applies even if their first move was not an attacking move.

Example:
    Turn 0: Trainer 1 sent out Haxorus, Trainer 2 sent out Golem, Turn End.
    Turn 1: Haxrous used Outrage, because Haxrous has Neglect it does 270 damage(Not including a held item bounus), Golem faints, Turn Ends.
    Turn 2: Trainer 2 sent out Druddigon, Haxorus uses Outrage again it does only 180 damage and Haxorus attack is cut by 25% because of Neglect, Druddigon uses move, Turn End.
    This would be pretty good for a sweepers, as you already know. Get a sweeper that only needs one turn out and can reliably get switched in again repeatedly, and you have a prime attacker. I don't know whether or not the percentages would be too powerful without some form of testing the ability, though.

^^Which pokemon would you intend to give it to?
    This would be pretty good for a sweepers, as you already know. Get a sweeper that only needs one turn out and can reliably get switched in again repeatedly, and you have a prime attacker. I don't know whether or not the percentages would be too powerful without some form of testing the ability, though.
    Not sweepers, more of wall breakers and volt turners.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Oh god, imagine a Victini with Neglect and V-Create O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    ^^Which pokemon would you intend to give it to?
    I was thinking of giving it to strong but frail pokemon such as Mienshao, Rampardos, Infernape etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    ^^Which pokemon would you intend to give it to?Not sweepers, more of wall breakers and volt turners.
    Volt Turners, sure, and most wall breakers and sweepers tend to dish out massive damage, possibly killing the foe, forcing the foe to switch out into something that makes the matchup unfavorable for the Pokémon with Neglect, then making it switch out.

Basically, anything that can inflict massive damage on the foe that doesn't have too risky of defenses that keeps it from effectively surviving.

Volt Turners, sure, and most wall breakers and sweepers tend to dish out massive damage, possibly killing the foe, forcing the foe to switch out into something that makes the matchup unfavorable for the Pokémon with Neglect, then making it switch out.

Basically, anything that can inflict massive damage on the foe that doesn't have too risky of defenses that keeps it from effectively surviving.
    I think he was trying to say a sweeper wouldn't want it because of the 25% attack drop would seriously hamper their ability to sweep, since sweepers want to stay in, not switch out.

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Oh god, imagine a Victini with Neglect and V-Create O_O

I was thinking of giving it to strong but frail pokemon such as Mienshao, Rampardos, Infernape etc.
    don't give it to mienshao. any volter or turner makes it op.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    don't give it to mienshao. any volter or turner makes it op.
    Not necessarily, but I agree it would be too powerful on Mienshao.

Infernape can have U-Turn too, by the way.

IMO you should give it to pokemon who can't learn Volt Switch OR U-Turn... like Empoleon since it's proud and Neglect some other stuff... xD

ASB Squad

New Ability:

Sharp Sense: Every time the Pokemon is hit by a Grass, Bug, or Poison type move, Accuracy raises by one stage.
    Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    I think he was trying to say a sweeper wouldn't want it because of the 25% attack drop would seriously hamper their ability to sweep, since sweepers want to stay in, not switch out.
    Hmm... alright. To be fair, I wasn't differentiating between regular high-damage dealers and just sweepers with that post.

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    New Ability:

Sharp Sense: Every time the Pokemon is hit by a Grass, Bug, or Poison type move, Accuracy raises by one stage.
    I understand a Poison- or Bug-type move, but why Grass-type moves? The ability itself seems fine, though.

^ I left you a message and you never replied to it..
    In order to understand my train of thoughts,
    you'll have to put yourself in my position. You can't expect me to think like you because my life ain't like yours; You know what I'm sayin?

- TI, Ready For Whatever
    Paper Trail.

New attacks

Solar Boom (Grass)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Target: All Adjacent Foes/Priority: 0
    The user shoots out a powerful grass boom to the opposing team. The lower the user's hp, the lower the damage this move does
    - A Grass type Variation of Eruption and Water Spout

Lunar Dance (Psychic)
    PP: 20/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Self/Priority: 0
    The user performs a mythical dance that raises Special Attack and Speed
    - Special Dragon Dance... it has never gotten to me why special attackers don't get a +sp.atk and spe move.

And for non variations

Aura Speed (Fighting)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Self/Priority: 0
    The user surrounds itself with aura that boosts defense and special defense, as well as the ability to move first the following round.

Turn 1: Terrakion uses Stone Edge, but it missed, Togekiss uses Aura Speed, Togekiss's Defense rose, Togekiss's Special Defense Rose.
    Turn 2: Togekiss uses Air Slash, Terrakion fainted.
    Turn 3: Jolteon uses Thunder, but it missed, Togekiss uses Aura Speed, Togekiss's Defense rose, Togekiss's Special Defense rose.
    Turn 4: Togekiss uses Air Slash, Jolteon uses Thunder, but it missed.
    Turn 5: Jolteon uses Thunder, but it missed. Togekiss uses Aura Speed, Togekiss's Defense rose, Togekiss's Special Defense rose.

This move is as rare as Aura Sphere... so no op!

ASB Squad

New attacks

Solar Boom (Grass)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Target: All Adjacent Foes/Priority: 0
    The user shoots out a powerful grass boom to the opposing team. The lower the user's hp, the lower the damage this move does
    - A Grass type Variation of Eruption and Water Spout

Lunar Dance (Psychic)
    PP: 20/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Self/Priority: 0
    The user performs a mythical dance that raises Special Attack and Speed
    - Special Dragon Dance... it has never gotten to me why special attackers don't get a +sp.atk and spe move.

And for non variations

Aura Speed (Fighting)
    The user surrounds itself with aura that boosts defense and special defense, as well as the ability to move first the following round.

Turn 1: Terrakion uses Stone Edge, but it missed, Togekiss uses Aura Speed, Togekiss's Defense rose, Togekiss's Special Defense Rose.
    Turn 3: Jolteon uses Thunder, but it missed, Togekiss uses Aura Speed, Togekiss's Defense rose, Togekiss's Special Defense rose.
    Turn 5: Jolteon uses Thunder, but it missed. Togekiss uses Aura Speed, Togekiss's Defense rose, Togekiss's Special Defense rose.

Solar Boom - Fine.

Lunar Dance - Lunar Dance is the name of Cresselia's signature move already. But as this is also a counterpart to Dragon Dance as Solar Boom is to Eruption and Water Spout, I'd say that this is fine.

Aura Speed - As I've mentioned already, rarity doesn't really justify a massive increase in power unless it's a signature move for a legendary or group of legendaries. As for the move itself, being able to move first in the next round within priority brackets is pretty powerful. Using two of these in a row to double each defensive stat, as well as moving first the next round to use Aura Sphere or something, is nothing to scoff at.

Aura Speed (Fighting)

Awesome someone else likes the idea of defense raised with priority. I made a move a while ago called Aura Defense

2 New Abilities and a new move!!!

Daredevil
    "Uses the highest stat to attack and lowest stat to defend"

-Basically it uses the highest stat when the Pokemon is attacking so this can be either be Attack, Sp.Attack, Defense, Sp.Defense, or Speed(whether it attacks the Defense or Sp.Defense still depends on if the move is Physical or Special) however it uses the lowest stat when the pokemon is attacked. So say a Pokemon like Throh which has a base stat Sp.Attack of 30 with Daredevil if Throh is hit by say a Physical move it's Defense is now that stat. This ability can be very good or terrible depending on the pokemon that get it. Something to note is that you can manipulate this by using stat boosting moves so say a Pokemon used Defense Curl and it's highest stat is now the Defense it will then use the defense to attack with.

Distribution: Mostly Fighting and Dark Types.

New Move: Wildfire

Type: / Power: 65 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The User flames a massive fire. It hits the incoming Pokemon if their ally fainted in the previous turn from this move"

-Think of it like an Entry hazard and an attack in one. When it hits the in-coming Pokemon it hits the Pokemon for a 30 damage Special Fire-Type Move automatically as it is sent in. The after effect will not happen if Wildfire was not the move that fainted the previous pokemon. So if you used Wildfire and the Pokemon survived then used another move the after effect will not take place. Keep in mind the after effect is like a move so if a incoming pokemon resists Fire they wont take as much compared to a pokemon that's weak to it. STAB and Boosting items do not effect the power. Also, keep in mind that the residual after effect damage is like taking it from a pokemon with 0 Special attack. It is perfect for getting rid of Focus sashes and Sturdy.

Example:

Turn 1: Blaziken used Wildfire, Sunkern Fainted, Turn End.
    Turn 2: Trainer 2 sent out Aggron, Aggron is hit for 30 damage upon entering because it is neutral to Fire, Blaziken used a move, Aggron used a move, Turn End.

Distribution: Obviously Fire types and Pokemon associated with Fire.

Unify
    "Raises Defense and Sp.Defense for every Ally left"

-Basically it raises the Defense and Sp.Defense for every Pokemon you have left in your team (not including the pokemon with the ability out) by 5% each. So the max it can reach is 25% when you have a full team of 6.

Distribution: Almost any Pokemon can get this.

Also, I would love feedback on if you think 5% is too small. I was gonna go for 10% but that seem a bit much, especially considering we have the Eviolite. Combining that with Unify to potentially double your Defense and Sp.Defense seems like a lot. So whatdya think?

you people are ridiculous.

daredevil. all them are now glass cannons. and op. hi spiritomb, gonna attack me with your base 108 attack? super. what's that scrafty? base 115? cool.

the muskedeers can attack as well as keldeo/terrakion, and there is no such thing as a bad attacking stat or offensive moveset for any poke that gets this.

aura speed. show some sense. that is way broken, strictly better cosmic power. and just because it's rare doesn't make it a bullcrap idea and way too op.

wildfire. if you are fighting six shedinjas, you are basically saying "oh hey i hit all of you. game over." you didn't specify how many targets it can hit. you just said if it kos a pokemon.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

you people are ridiculous.

daredevil. all them are now glass cannons. and op. hi spiritomb, gonna attack me with your base 108 attack? super. what's that scrafty? base 115? cool.

the muskedeers can attack as well as keldeo/terrakion, and there is no such thing as a bad attacking stat or offensive moveset for any poke that gets this
    Well, they never said all fighting/dark types got it, but this is why they need to be more specific...

Anyway, you're forgetting, this is for a price. Yes, Scarfty now has 115 attack power, but now it's got 45 base defense as well, along with it's 58 speed. Spiritomb also gets 35 defense with this as well. Marvelous. And it's not like 115 is really all that much anymore.

No need to be so rude either. There is a fine line between constructive criticism and flaming.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

i always have bad days, hance my bad atitude.

New Item:

Change Stone

if a pokemon that changes form via a move or ability holds this item, its form is changed upon entering battle. Z Z. that last bit's just so the z's wouldn't get lonely becuase no one uses it them in this thread. show the z's some love.

Awesome someone else likes the idea of defense raised with priority. I made a move a while ago called Aura Defense
    As I said in some other page, does it matter if one made a move that was made two weeks ago or something? Not everyone can remember stuff like this all the time.

2 New Abilities and a new move!!!

Daredevil
    "Uses the highest stat to attack and lowest stat to defend"

-Basically it uses the highest stat when the Pokemon is attacking so this can be either be Attack, Sp.Attack, Defense, Sp.Defense, or Speed(whether it attacks the Defense or Sp.Defense still depends on if the move is Physical or Special) however it uses the lowest stat when the pokemon is attacked. So say a Pokemon like Throh which has a base stat Sp.Attack of 30 with Daredevil if Throh is hit by say a Physical move it's Defense is now that stat. This ability can be very good or terrible depending on the pokemon that get it. Something to note is that you can manipulate this by using stat boosting moves so say a Pokemon used Defense Curl and it's highest stat is now the Defense it will then use the defense to attack with.

Distribution: Mostly Fighting and Dark Types.

New Move: Wildfire

Type: / Power: 65 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The User flames a massive fire. It hits the incoming Pokemon if their ally fainted in the previous turn from this move"

-Think of it like an Entry hazard and an attack in one. When it hits the in-coming Pokemon it hits the Pokemon for a 30 damage Special Fire-Type Move automatically as it is sent in. The after effect will not happen if Wildfire was not the move that fainted the previous pokemon. So if you used Wildfire and the Pokemon survived then used another move the after effect will not take place. Keep in mind the after effect is like a move so if a incoming pokemon resists Fire they wont take as much compared to a pokemon that's weak to it. STAB and Boosting items do not effect the power. Also, keep in mind that the residual after effect damage is like taking it from a pokemon with 0 Special attack. It is perfect for getting rid of Focus sashes and Sturdy.

Example:

Turn 1: Blaziken used Wildfire, Sunkern Fainted, Turn End.
    Turn 2: Trainer 2 sent out Aggron, Aggron is hit for 30 damage upon entering because it is neutral to Fire, Blaziken used a move, Aggron used a move, Turn End.

Distribution: Obviously Fire types and Pokemon associated with Fire.

Unify
    "Raises Defense and Sp.Defense for every Ally left"

-Basically it raises the Defense and Sp.Defense for every Pokemon you have left in your team (not including the pokemon with the ability out) by 5% each. So the max it can reach is 25% when you have a full team of 6.

Distribution: Almost any Pokemon can get this.

Also, I would love feedback on if you think 5% is too small. I was gonna go for 10% but that seem a bit much, especially considering we have the Eviolite. Combining that with Unify to potentially double your Defense and Sp.Defense seems like a lot. So whatdya think?
    Daredevil - I don't see the flavor behind the Pokémon with Daredevil being able to use Defense and Sp. Def to attack and Attack and Sp. Atk to defend. Mechanically, it works, but for some Pokémon, it could get out of hand pretty quickly.

Wildfire - You say that the move is affected by STAB in one instance, but in another, you say that it's not. It doesn't really matter either way, since the move itself is relatively weak with zero priority, but I thought I'd just mention that.

Unify - There's a part of me that really doesn't like these types of battle mechanics. Regardless of my bias against them, it's too powerful if the lead Pokémon has this. Imagine Unify with Eviolite or something.

wildfire. if you are fighting six shedinjas, you are basically saying "oh hey i hit all of you. game over." you didn't specify how many targets it can hit. you just said if it kos a pokemon.
    The description of turn order that cascadethewarrior detailed out in that post was incorrect. Aggron would be sent out as a between-turn action between turns 1 and 2, not on turn 2. Thus, any remaining Shedinja that would get sent out would not get hit by the move, because switching out is the absolute last thing that's done between turns.
    Also, who would use a team of six Shedinja in the first place?

New Item:

Change Stone

if a pokemon that changes form via a move or ability holds this item, its form is changed upon entering battle. Z Z. that last bit's just so the z's wouldn't get lonely becuase no one uses it them in this thread. show the z's some love.
    What would Castform change into? It wouldn't make sense if it changed into a random variation (I hate using the words form and forme), since pretty much every other Pokémon that would be able to take advantage of this item would only be able to change into one variation.

um............

for castform it would let him keep the first forme he changes to for the rest of the battle, regardless of if the weather has changed.

Page 53 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast