Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    So what do you think of Last Ace?
    Last Ace is certainly not broken at all, due to the trigger condition being so rare. Having said that, though, that doesn't necessarily justify a swingy x2.0 bonus for the last move.

I'd say it's a pretty solid ability, even if it's not very competitively viable. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Last Ace is certainly not broken at all, due to the trigger condition being so rare. Having said that, though, that doesn't necessarily justify a swingy x2.0 bonus for the last move.

I'd say it's a pretty solid ability, even if it's not very competitively viable. (:
    Well I changed it from doubling the power to 50% so it should be better now.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Well I changed it from doubling the power to 50% so it should be better now.
    Doesn't seem edited to me. o:

Doesn't seem edited to me. o:
    isn't x2.0 used when doubling something? Or maybe I'm just stupid? lol

isn't x2.0 used when doubling something? Or maybe I'm just stupid? lol
    Yeah, it does, but I don't see any edit that referred to x2.0 with Last Ace.

But in any case:

New Move: Spiral Drain
    Type: Water / Power: 75 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user uses osmosis to drain the target's energy. The user's HP is restored by half of the damage inflicted."
    - It's a Water-type Giga Drain. And yes, if you play the Pokémon TCG, the name comes directly from the attack name of some Water-type Pokémon there. (:

New Move: Spiral Drain
    Type: Water / Power: 75 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user uses osmosis to drain the target's energy. The user's HP is restored by half of the damage inflicted."
    - It's a Water-type Giga Drain. And yes, if you play the Pokémon TCG, the name comes directly from the attack name of some Water-type Pokémon there. (:
    Thank you. Finally water Pokemon besides, Alomomola have some way of healing themselves. I'm not the biggest fan of the name but I still like the move

New Move Superacid
    power= 80
    Type=Poison
    Special
    Does not make contact
    Added effect.This attack can damage steel types.

The idea is to give poison types an STAB attack that will make steel type slightly more worried when switching in.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    New Move Superacid
    power= 80
    Type=Poison
    Special
    Does not make contact

The idea is to give poison types an STAB attack that will make steel type slightly more worried when switching in.
    You should make it super effective, saying it can eat through the steel or something

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    You should make it super effective, saying it can eat through the steel or something
    I had a similar thought but I wasn't sure if that would be overkill.What do you think?

No, poison types moves only hit grass super effectively, they could us a move that hits steel as well (lol ferrothorn)

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

I thought of one that may make volt turn more interesting. The name has yet to be decided.

Type: Psychic
    Power: 70
    Accuracy: 100
    Special
    Effect: The user hits the opponent with psychic power, then quickly teleports away to swap with another teammate.
    Distribution: Just about everything that learns Ally Switch and/or Teleport.

Choice Scarf Gardevoir may see some use with this.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    I thought of one that may make volt turn more interesting. The name has yet to be decided.

Type: Psychic
    Power: 70
    Accuracy: 100
    Special
    Effect: The user hits the opponent with psychic power, then quickly teleports away to swap with another teammate.
    Distribution: Just about everything that learns Ally Switch and/or Teleport.

Choice Scarf Gardevoir may see some use with this.
    As a person who likes most Psychic-types, I have to say that this move is ingenious. The flavor hits the spot; I've always wondered why Electric was the type to get this move instead of Psychic this generation. (:

Time for some unexplored design space!

New Move: Cyclone Tail
    Type: Water / Power: 140 / Accuracy: 100 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0 (Contact: Yes)
    "The user attacks with torrential force by using its tail. It increases the target's Defense afterward, however."
    - Basically what the description says. After dealing damage, the target's Defense is increased by one stage, assuming it hasn't fainted by then.

New Move: Deafen
    Type: Normal / Power: 80 / Accuracy: 90 / Target: Any non-user Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user makes an earsplitting screech that deals damage and changes its ability to Soundproof."
    - After dealing damage, the target's ability will be changed to Soundproof, no matter what its ability was before Deafen was used.

New Move Superacid
    power= 80
    Type=Poison
    Special
    Does not make contact

Love this.

Time for some unexplored design space!

New Move: Cyclone Tail
    Type: Water / Power: 140 / Accuracy: 100 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0 (Contact: Yes)
    "The user attacks with torrential force by using its tail. It increases the target's Defense afterward, however."
    - Basically what the description says. After dealing damage, the target's Defense is increased by one stage, assuming it hasn't fainted by then.
    Interesting to say the least, never seen an attacking move that actually raises the opposing pokemon stats before. I like it though I don't see the correlation between the typing and the name but whatever.

New Move: Deafen
    Type: Normal / Power: 80 / Accuracy: 90 / Target: Any non-user Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user makes an earsplitting screech that deals damage and changes its ability to Soundproof."
    - After dealing damage, the target's ability will be changed to Soundproof, no matter what its ability was before Deafen was used
    cool. So I take it that the obvious pokemon to get this move is the Whismur line?

This idea of mine came from fire emblem this time.

Move: Corrosive Flame
    Type: Fire
    Category: Special
    Damage: 60
    Accuracy: 85 - 100%
    PP: 20
    Effects: depletes any of the opponent's moves to zero by 50%.
    Learnable: All fire type starters, Camerupt, Torkoal, Macargo, Magmortar, Mew, Heatmor, Houndoom, and Heatran
    Possible mystery gifted learners: Flareon, Ninetales, Jirachi, Victini, Groudon, and Reshiram.
    Description: With flames so hot like the sun's surface, it disables an enemy move.

That means choice abusers are bye bye. One your moves has no PP left.

Move: Mount
    Type: Normal
    Category: Status
    Damage: --
    Accuracy: 100%
    Effects: ups the user's defense, special defense, and speed and Protects the ally from direct attacks for 3 turns (excluding widespread attacks)
    Learnable: Rapidash and Zebstrika
    Possible mystery gifted learners: none as of yet
    Description: user rides its ally on its back for 3 turns.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post

Effects: ups the user's defense, special defense, and speed and Protects the ally from direct attacks for 3 turns (excluding widespread attacks)
    possibly a move to give to Arceus(some horse like traits) and mamoswine(some elephant traits) as well.

New abilities

Seismic absorbtion(may need a better name)
    Seismic Absorbtion heals one quarter of the user's maximum HP when hit with a ground-type attack. Therefore, the user does not take damage from ground-type moves. Should make some users less happy about using earthquake.

Ability Power Of Love
    The use gains +6 Attack Boost when infatuated.Not too useful but could make cute charm even less popular a choice.

Ability True Friend
    User Gains an attack boost and speed boost when at maximum happiness level but looses attack and speed when at minimum happiness level.This could be used numerous ways for example on a trick room special pokemon it might help to keep the pokemon unhappy.

That would be really...um, weird with some pokemon.

Unless there is some sort of weight restriction or something.

New Ability: Venom Fangs
    Effect: Any pokemon with this ability will gain an attack boost when fighting an enemy with any status condition, and the pokemon also also gets + 2 attack against any pokemon who is under the effects of poisoning. The effect stays until the pokemon with the ability is swapped out. It can be stacked. It also gives all biting moves a 20% chance to poison.
    Distribution: Arbok, Seviper.

so much brokenness, i'll just post my own.

new type

glass

weak against: fire water electric dragon steel rock ground normal fighting psychic ghost dark ice that other type.

resists: grass, bug, flying, poison (******* birds smacking against windows ftw.)

double damage against: normal fighting bug flying

it's just a joke type btw.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    so much brokenness, i'll just post my own.

new type

glass

weak against: fire water electric dragon steel rock ground normal fighting psychic ghost dark ice that other type.

resists: grass, bug, flying, poison (******* birds smacking against windows ftw.)

double damage against: normal fighting bug flying

it's just a joke type btw.
    I love how you get extremely angry over what other people post because they are either broken and overpowered or laughably unplayable, yet you post this excuse of a battle mechanic and try to justify it by saying that it's "just a joke type".

You must be a bird because you're a "*******", too.

Quote Originally Posted by virizionx86 View Post
    You must be a bird because you're a "*******", too.
    Let's watch what comes out of our mouths here...(or keyboards, or whatever).

He may be unexcepting of other ideas and label them all broken, but what you just said was even ruder.

Interesting to say the least, never seen an attacking move that actually raises the opposing pokemon stats before. I like it though I don't see the correlation between the typing and the name but whatever.
    A water cyclone? (:

cool. So I take it that the obvious pokemon to get this move is the Whismur line?
    Yeah, that's right. The Whismur line and maybe some other Pokémon notorious for loud cries (like Dragonite) would get it.

This idea of mine came from fire emblem this time.

Move: Corrosive Flame
    Type: Fire
    Category: Special
    Damage: 60
    Accuracy: 85 - 100%
    Effects: depletes any of the opponent's moves to zero by 50%.
    Learnable: All fire type starters, Camerupt, Torkoal, Macargo, Magmortar, Mew, Heatmor, Houndoom, and Heatran
    Possible mystery gifted learners: Flareon, Ninetales, Jirachi, Victini, Groudon, and Reshiram.
    Description: With flames so hot like the sun's surface, it disables an enemy move.

That means choice abusers are bye bye. One your moves has no PP left.

Corrosive Flame - Too good. Grudge, while not very viable, drains all PP of a move at the cost of the user fainting. This deals damage and has the same effect as Grudge.
    I'd make it so that the move is disabled for a certain number of turns, because that's what your in-game description says.

Mount -
    1) The move does too much for both the user and its ally. An increase in Defense, Sp. Def, and Speed is already very good (just look at Quiver Dance), but giving a benefit for the ally along with it is too good. Add the fact that there are absolutely no penalties at all and this move is extremely overpowered. At the very least, the ally shouldn't be able to attack or something, but the benefit the ally gets outweighs such a penalty, since it's just there as a dummy and can't be harmed in any way (barring area attacks).
    2) If the user is the Pokémon that rides its ally, how does a Rapidash ride its ally? Shouldn't it be the other way around, where the user targets a Pokémon to ride it? There's a flavor disconnect here.

New abilities

Seismic absorbtion(may need a better name)
    Seismic Absorbtion heals one quarter of the user's maximum HP when hit with a ground-type attack. Therefore, the user does not take damage from ground-type moves. Should make some users less happy about using earthquake.

Ability Power Of Love
    The use gains +6 Attack Boost when infatuated.Not too useful but could make cute charm even less popular a choice.

Ability True Friend
    User Gains an attack boost and speed boost when at maximum happiness level but looses attack and speed when at minimum happiness level.This could be used numerous ways for example on a trick room special pokemon it might help to keep the pokemon unhappy.
    Seismic Absorption - Water Absorb counterpart; nothing much to say.

Power of Love - Too powerful. Anger Point is alright since the chance of critical hits isn't that high anyway. Yes, critical hits can happen with every team, and infatuation doesn't, but this means that a team can be built around infatuation and a Pokémon with this ability would practically be unstoppable. At the very least, this should only apply when fighting the Pokémon that the user is infatuated with.

True Friend - This is a free Dragon Dance for any Pokémon with maximum happiness, something that is much too easy to achieve for competitive battling. It's one turn less of vulnerability for the Pokémon with this ability, which is often crucial, but I feel like this ability is just a bit too powerful. Not as broken as Power of Love, but definitely not feasibly implementable as it is now.

New Ability: Venom Fangs
    Effect: Any pokemon with this ability will gain an attack boost when fighting an enemy with any status condition, and the pokemon also also gets + 2 attack against any pokemon who is under the effects of poisoning. The effect stays until the pokemon with the ability is swapped out. It can be stacked. It also gives all biting moves a 20% chance to poison.
    Distribution: Arbok, Seviper.
    I feel like this ability tries to do too much. One part increases the damage by x1.5 when fighting a Pokémon with a status condition. Another part doubles damage when fighting a Pokémon afflicted with poison. A third makes all biting moves a 20% chance to poison (stacking with Poison Fang's innate poison chance, I'm assuming). Smashing these all onto one ability makes the ability too much of a utility, and thus unimplementable. I'd just go with one of the three parts and stop it there; each of the three effects seem very interesting.

Generally, one way to judge whether or not an ability or move does too much is to see whether or not a short description can be written that encompasses all of what you intend for the ability or move to do. If you can, then it probably doesn't do too much and passes that test.

New Move: Psystorm
    Type: Psychic / Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: All adjacent foes / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user blasts the foe with a volley of magically-conjured bolts that may lower Sp. Def."
    - A move that hits all adjacent foes and has a 10% chance to lower Sp. Def for each Pokémon damaged this way.

Type: Psychic / Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: All adjacent foes / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user blasts the foe with a volley of magically-conjured bolts that may lower Sp. Def."
    - A move that hits all adjacent foes and has a 10% chance to lower Sp. Def for each Pokémon damaged this way.
    I would love to see the animation for that attack x3

Steelix should learn Iron Defense. I'm amazed it doesn't already.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Steelix should learn Iron Defense. I'm amazed it doesn't already.
    Woah, it doesn't? I guess the guys at GF are too scared of it being OP or something.

But I see little need for that move competitively, especially since it gets curse.

Edit: We need a non-OP way to make stall more viable in this metagame.

Item: Magic Armor
    Effect: Doubles special defense and restores a little bit of health each round(as much as leftovers does), but lowers attack, special attack, defense and speed by one stages each.
    Description: A mystical armor that greatly boost special defense, but lowers all other stats.

Item: Heavy Armor
    Effect: Doubles defense and restores a little bit of health each round, but lowers attack, special attack, defense, and speed by one stage each.
    Description: A heavy armor that greatly boost defense, but lowers all other stats.

Item: Magic Armor
    Effect: Doubles special defense and restores a little bit of health each round(as much as leftovers does), but lowers attack, special attack, defense and speed by one stages each.

Item: Heavy Armor
    Effect: Doubles defense and restores a little bit of health each round, but lowers attack, special attack, defense, and speed by one stage each.
    I'm assuming that Heavy and Magic Armor are supposed to be counterparts (and thus, Heavy Armor should say "...Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and Speed by one stage each" instead).

Hmm... tough to evaluate. On one hand, some Pokémon wouldn't care about the Speed and offensive stat drops (Trick Room or something, for example), but on the other hand, the drop in the opposite defensive stat could be quite a hindrance. I'd change the 12.5% HP regeneration to 12.5% HP degeneration (or 6.25%) and keep the rest of the effects the same.

Because of the way that the Sp. Def or Defense would be handled with this item, if a Slowbro with 300 Sp. Def were holding this item and were hit with a critical hit, the damage would be calculated with a 600 Sp. Def Slowbro. This would mean that the Slowbro wouldn't have to spend a turn setting up with Amnesia, which could be the turn where Slowbro faints.

With the HP sap effect, it would make stall Pokémon have to use recovery moves, which in turn would make recovery moves (and stall Pokémon with recovery moves) much more viable and needed.

Speaking of which:

New Move: Reshape
    Type: Steel / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 15 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user reshapes its body to restore its HP and remove some status ailments."
    - Restores 33.33% of the user's HP, as well as removing poison, burn, and paralysis.
    Notable Pokémon that would learn this move: Bronzong

Ability Power Of Love
    Yeah +6 is a bit much maybe +2?

Ability True Friend
    Cool. How much attack and speed do they get exactly?

Meh. I see this more useful in Double and Triple battles but Psychic still trumps this.

New Move: Reshape
    Type: Steel / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 15 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user reshapes its body to restore its HP and remove some status ailments."
    - Restores 33.33% of the user's HP, as well as removing poison, burn, and paralysis.
    Notable Pokémon that would learn this move: Bronzong

So a strictly better Refresh? Okay.

Page 56 of 88 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast