Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
Results 1,626 to 1,650 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I'm assuming that the Plusle in your example would get x1.69 damage output if it had a Life Orb? The extra x0.39 isn't enough of a boost to warrant the complete immobilization of an ally, if you ask me. Sheer Force and this are pretty much identical, except that Sheer Force sacrifices secondary effects, whereas this sacrifices a party member entirely.
    I'm still debating on whether to make the boost 50%

I also assume that immobilization would prevent the Minun from being manually switched out, because if it didn't, then there'd be no point to the two Tag- abilities in the first place. If Minun is switched out for something else, then Plusle wouldn't keep the Tag- boost for that turn. Of course, this could be replicated by having one Tag-In Pokémon and more than one Tag-Out Pokémon (or vice-versa), but it's a relatively bad design to only have one Pokémon attacking per team.
    No they can be switched manually but when they leave the battle so does the boost.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

New Unaware: doesn't ignore stat drops from the opponent!

Hate seeing my Quagsire get Draco Meteored in OU.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    I'm still debating on whether to make the boost 50%
    If you're dead set on keeping the mechanic, I'd make the boost stay at 30% to prevent as much swinginess as possible.

No they can be switched manually but when they leave the battle so does the boost.
    That's exactly what I don't really like about being able to switch out. If the main motive for switching out a Tag-immobilized Pokémon is to prevent it from being killed, then why have it out there in the first place?

I just find the two abilities too parasitic to be used very effectively. :/

I just realized I haven't made a lot of Water-type moves, so here's one similar to Crush Bolt:

New Move: Vapor Grip
    Type: Water / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "Vaporized water droplets form around and choke the target. The higher the target's base Speed, the greater the power."
    - The base power is equal to the target's base Speed.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

That's exactly what I don't really like about being able to switch out. If the main motive for switching out a Tag-immobilized Pokémon is to prevent it from being killed, then why have it out there in the first place?

I just find the two abilities too parasitic to be used very effectively. :/
    So it can give the boost of course. Think of it like this: say your opponent has out two or more Pokemon that one of you pokemon can easily handle, by giving that one Pokemon all the power, so to speak, it can take them out even faster. Btw it does stack, so if one Pokemon has Tag-in on your side and Two has Tag-Out then that one Pokemon has now effectively got a 60% boost in Attack and that's not including a held item but alas the other two pokemon cannot move at least not until the Pokemon with Tag-out faints or switches out.

I just realized I haven't made a lot of Water-type moves, so here's one similar to Crush Bolt:

New Move: Vapor Grip
    Type: Water / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "Vaporized water droplets form around and choke the target. The higher the target's base Speed, the greater the power."
    - The base power is equal to the target's base Speed.
    So against Ninjask it will have 160 power? Cool. lol that Ninjask is as good as dead then.

New ability!

Flytrap
    "Faints the user of a switching move"

-A solution to Volt Switchers, U-Turners and my move Parry. So if The Pokemon with Flytrap gets hit by either Volt Switch, U-Turn or Parry the user of the move will faint after. This only applies if they actually can switch though, so if it's a single battle and it's the last Pokemon left, then Flytrap won't activate.

Distribution: Carnivine

So it can give the boost of course. Think of it like this: say your opponent has out two or more Pokemon that one of you pokemon can easily handle, by giving that one Pokemon all the power, so to speak, it can take them out even faster. Btw it does stack, so if one Pokemon has Tag-in on your side and Two has Tag-Out then that one Pokemon has now effectively got a 60% boost in Attack and that's not including a held item but alas the other two pokemon cannot move at least not until the Pokemon with Tag-out faints or switches out.
    I know that, but if your foe is going to send something to target the immobilized Pokémon, then why go through all that effort to get the to-be-immobilized Pokémon out and only using one or two Pokémon to attack instead of focusing on attacking with both or all three of your Pokémon?

New ability!

Flytrap
    "Faints the user of a switching move"

-A solution to Volt Switchers, U-Turners and my move Parry. So if The Pokemon with Flytrap gets hit by either Volt Switch, U-Turn or Parry the user of the move will faint after. This only applies if they actually can switch though, so if it's a single battle and it's the last Pokemon left, then Flytrap won't activate.

Distribution: Carnivine
    Volt Switch is a special move, so it wouldn't be "eaten by the flytrap", so to speak. But yeah, it should apply even if they can't switch, because what triggers a flytrap isn't its ability to escape, but its ability to actually come into contact with the flytrap.

I know that, but if your foe is going to send something to target the immobilized Pokémon, then why go through all that effort to get the to-be-immobilized Pokémon out and only using one or two Pokémon to attack instead of focusing on attacking with both or all three of your Pokémon?
    "Sometimes it's better to leave the power to one strong individual than many weaker individuals", or in this case Pokemon. I forgot where I heard that quote but I guess it applies here.

Volt Switch is a special move, so it wouldn't be "eaten by the flytrap", so to speak. But yeah, it should apply even if they can't switch, because what triggers a flytrap isn't its ability to escape, but its ability to actually come into contact with the flytrap.
    At first I was gonna make it do any bug type Pokemon that attacks a pokemon with Flytrap faints but obviously that is kinda unfair to Bug Types. So you don't think it's broken? I mean it's basically a KO move in an ability.

At first I was gonna make it do any bug type Pokemon that attacks a pokemon with Flytrap faints but obviously that is kinda unfair to Bug Types. So you don't think it's broken? I mean it's basically a KO move in an ability.
    Not really, considering there's only two moves in the game right now that actually trigger Flytrap (three if you include Parry, two again if you exclude Volt Switch as it's not a contact move). You could manage with the U-Turner getting 50% HP damage before having it get switched back in, though.

Toxic Aura-Ability: At the end of every turn all pokemon that can be poisoned are badly poisoned.

Distribution: Probably a poison legendary/pseudo

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Toxic Aura-Ability: At the end of every turn all pokemon that can be poisoned are badly poisoned.

Distribution: Probably a poison legendary/pseudo
    Too powerful.

Inflicting status with Toxic, Scald, or Thunder Wave actually requires that the Pokémon do something for the turn in order to inflict the foe with the respective status ailment. Toxic Aura makes it so that the Pokémon doesn't even have to do anything to poison the foe. A 30% or even a 10% chance of that is already extremely good, but 100% is much too broken.

Flame Shield is too op. xD. I'm thinking about changing it to raising defense and special defense by 30% for 5 turns, but is cancelled out by rain or a water move. In sun, Flame Shield lasts 2 turns more. So if you're on turn 3 (2 turns left with flame shield on), and your nine tails comes in, there would be 4 turns left instead.

It also makes no sense to be why Blaziken got speed boost instead of Sceptile. Someone explain that to me please? I mean, Sceptileis a frigging lizard and Blaziken is a flaming chicken... Lizards are supposed to move fastens than chickens on steroids...

Enough rant, more moves please!

New Ability:
    Dazzle: May cause the foe to fall in love upon switching in.
    - So its just like an intimidate, at 50% chance of happening instead and instead inflicts the attract status.
    - Distribution: Delcatty, Skitty, Milotic (redundant nonetheless), Pachirisu, Lopunny, Buneary and all those cute pink stuff.

New Moves
    Wail (Normal)
    PP: 15/Power: 70/Accuracy: 90/Category: Special/Target: Single Adjacent Foe/Priority: 0
    The user lets loose a loud, deafening wail, that changes the foes ability to Soundproof.
    - Blocked by Soundproof, so it's a one time use attack.
    - It will nullify the current ability. So if a Gliscor gets hit by Wail, it'll lose it's Poison Heal ability, and start taking toxic damage for example.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    New Ability:
    Dazzle: May cause the foe to fall in love upon switching in.
    - So its just like an intimidate, at 50% chance of happening instead and instead inflicts the attract status.
    - Distribution: Delcatty, Skitty, Milotic (redundant nonetheless), Pachirisu, Lopunny, Buneary and all those cute pink stuff.

New Moves
    Wail (Normal)
    PP: 15/Power: 70/Accuracy: 90/Category: Special/Target: Single Adjacent Foe/Priority: 0
    The user lets loose a loud, deafening wail, that changes the foes ability to Soundproof.
    - Blocked by Soundproof, so it's a one time use attack.
    - It will nullify the current ability. So if a Gliscor gets hit by Wail, it'll lose it's Poison Heal ability, and start taking toxic damage for example.
    (Not my) Dazzle - Ooh, seems nice in Singles. It would probably warp the metagame slightly. In Doubles and Triples, I'm assuming it would affect the foe directly across from the Pokémon with this?

Wail - Well, there's Deafen, and I think the move is good enough to be implemented.

New Move: Confine
    Type: Dark / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 40 / Target: All foes / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user turns into reality thoughts of a confined space, preventing foes from being withdrawn for three turns."
    - Prevents switching out through all means besides fainting. This blocks manual switch-outs, U-Turn, Volt Switch, and Baton Pass. Mean Look was never too good a move anyway. :/

I love that idea spambot.

pokemonsquared why would you ever think this?

Let's give Lati twins Normalize!

Serious now:

The badly poison status is now removed completely.

I have some new Moves, Abilities, and an Item that I would like to suggest....

New Move: Sacrifice

Type: Normal/Power: ---/ Accuracy: 100/ PP: 5/ Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon/ Category: Physical/ Priority: 0

“The user Sacrifices their HP to deal a devastating blow to the opponent.”

A Pokemon uses up all but one of their HP. The target takes double of the total amount sacrificed. Can only be used once per switch in, and they have to be at least at two hp.

Noticeable Users: Snorlax, Slaking, Arceus.

New Move: Revival

Type: Dark/Power:---/Accuracy: 100/ PP: 5/ Target: Self/ Category; Status/ Priority: 0

“The user chants an incantation to bring back a weakened ally.”

The Pokemon can revive one Pokemon on their side of the battle that has already fainted. It can only be used once per switch in, and the revived Pokemon will come back with Half Hp, and the PP they have used already in the battle

Noticable Users: Sableye, Mismaguis, Gardevoir.

New Move: Weather Burst

Type: Depends on Weather, but normally Normal/Power: 120/ PP: 5/ Target Single Adjacent Pokemon/ Category: Special/ Priority: 0

“The user takes in the Weather around them and executes a sort of beam attack at the enemy.”

Think of this as a Weather Ball boost for Castform. Like how we got Psystrike and Psyshock for this gen, we’re giving Castform back his signature move, only boosted. How it acts is exactly like weather ball.

Signature move to Castform

New Ability: Necromancy

“When the user uses Revival, it completely heals the target”

Signature ability to Mismaguis

New Ability: Soul Unburden

“For Each Pokemon fainted on your side of the field, the uses gains a +1 in Speed. Maximum boost is 3.5%”

New Signature ability to the Litwick Line

New Item: Miniature Cloud

“A small portable cloud that looks like it was part of a Castform. It boosts Castforms Special Stats and Speed”

This item for Castform only is basically a free Quiver Dance boost.

I look sugary and sweet, but in reality I'm just hollow and rotten.
    Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    I have some new Moves, Abilities, and an Item that I would like to suggest....

New Move: Sacrifice
    Type: Normal/Power: ---/ Accuracy: 100/ PP: 5/ Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon/ Category: Physical/ Priority: 0
    “The user Sacrifices their HP to deal a devastating blow to the opponent.”
    A Pokemon uses up all but one of their HP. The target takes double of the total amount sacrificed. Can only be used once per switch in, and they have to be at least at two hp.
    Noticeable Users: Snorlax, Slaking, Arceus.

New Move: Revival
    Type: Dark/Power:---/Accuracy: 100/ PP: 5/ Target: Self/ Category; Status/ Priority: 0
    “The user chants an incantation to bring back a weakened ally.”
    The Pokemon can revive one Pokemon on their side of the battle that has already fainted. It can only be used once per switch in, and the revived Pokemon will come back with Half Hp, and the PP they have used already in the battle
    Noticable Users: Sableye, Mismaguis, Gardevoir.

New Move: Weather Burst
    Type: Depends on Weather, but normally Normal/Power: 120/ PP: 5/ Target Single Adjacent Pokemon/ Category: Special/ Priority: 0
    “The user takes in the Weather around them and executes a sort of beam attack at the enemy.”
    Think of this as a Weather Ball boost for Castform. Like how we got Psystrike and Psyshock for this gen, we’re giving Castform back his signature move, only boosted. How it acts is exactly like weather ball.
    Signature move to Castform

New Ability: Necromancy
    “When the user uses Revival, it completely heals the target”
    Signature ability to Mismaguis

New Ability: Soul Unburden
    “For Each Pokemon fainted on your side of the field, the uses gains a +1 in Speed. Maximum boost is 3.5%”
    New Signature ability to the Litwick Line

New Item: Miniature Cloud
    “A small portable cloud that looks like it was part of a Castform. It boosts Castforms Special Stats and Speed”
    This item for Castform only is basically a free Quiver Dance boost.
    Sacrifice - I don't think the game can track whether or not a move has already been used on switch-in. Otherwise, though, it's a very powerful move, possibly too powerful, given that all three of these have pretty high HP. It's pretty much a guaranteed 800 or more damage at full health or something like that.

Revival - Revives aren't usable in normal competitive play for a reason. The same thing with the game not being able to track whether or not a move has already been used on a switch-in also applies here. It's too good simply for the facts that there is no drawback (other than the untrackable thing) to the move, as well as the move giving you a +1 Pokémon advantage, which is very powerful.

Weather Burst - What's the accuracy of this move? Seems pretty good otherwise.

Necromancy - Revival is already too good, design-wise. Getting a half-revived Pokémon with the use of just one move is already insanely good, but making them get all their HP back is much too good.

Soul Unburden - I'm not a huge fan of mechanics that revolve around the number of Pokémon on a team. If this were, say, a 3v3, it wouldn't be nearly as viable. In my opinion, a battle mechanic should be pretty much equally viable no matter how many Pokémon a trainer brings with him or her to battle.

Miniature Cloud - Normally, I'd say this item is too good. However, since it's only given to Castform, I'd say it's alright. Plus, it prevents Leftovers from being held.

Sacrifice - I don't think the game can track whether or not a move has already been used on switch-in. Otherwise, though, it's a very powerful move, possibly too powerful, given that all three of these have pretty high HP. It's pretty much a guaranteed 800 or more damage at full health or something like that.

Revival - Revives aren't usable in normal competitive play for a reason. The same thing with the game not being able to track whether or not a move has already been used on a switch-in also applies here. It's too good simply for the facts that there is no drawback (other than the untrackable thing) to the move, as well as the move giving you a +1 Pokémon advantage, which is very powerful.

Weather Burst - What's the accuracy of this move? Seems pretty good otherwise.

Necromancy - Revival is already too good, design-wise. Getting a half-revived Pokémon with the use of just one move is already insanely good, but making them get all their HP back is much too good.

Soul Unburden - I'm not a huge fan of mechanics that revolve around the number of Pokémon on a team. If this were, say, a 3v3, it wouldn't be nearly as viable. In my opinion, a battle mechanic should be pretty much equally viable no matter how many Pokémon a trainer brings with him or her to battle.

Miniature Cloud - Normally, I'd say this item is too good. However, since it's only given to Castform, I'd say it's alright. Plus, it prevents Leftovers from being held.
    Let me see

For Sacrifice, the game could use what it does with reversal. Also, Think of it like Fake Out. THe game tracks whe nFake Out is used first, and after subsequent uses, it doesn't flinvh anymore. Think of it like that, but it actually limits the use of the move. I was actually not going to have that effect, and basically have it as a survivable explosion, but that would also make it pretty broken. I also made it normal-typed, so it can easily be blocked by Ghosts or Max HP Registeel.

Hmm, for Revival... How about it only having one PP? I know the minimum is five, but we never know what GF will do next. Or change it around a bit so that it isn't as broken as it seems.

Necromancy- How about this? It boosts the power of Dark and Ghost type moves by 50% when under 50% Health?

Weather Burst- I have to say 85% Accuracy. 100 would make it to broken.

Soul Unburden- How about it changes so It's like Moxie, but only with Speed instead of attack?

Miniture Cloud- I was thinking the same thing on that. As Castform has base 70's across the board, a free Quiver Dance isn't nearly as borken as the Soul Dew. From my experiance in Balanced Hackmons, a +2 Speed Boost Chandelure didn't outspeed a Quiver Dance'd Timid Latios, so it's not necessarly broken in the sense of if someone like Lilligant or Jolteon got an item like this.

I'm also currently typing up a new type of weather, Night.

Tumblr

New weather condition: Night

When Night, the power of Dark type attacks increase

New Item: Genie Lamp

Powers up the Kami's (Incarnate) speed.

Useless on Prankster Thundurus, but Landorus and Tornadus would love this. Kinda like Soul Dew.

There should be a new weather, similar to Haze but permanent unless a new weather comes in.

I guess the ablility would be called Fog, and while under fog, no stat changes can be made. Also, all attacks that are not 100% accuracy will have their accuracy lowered by 10-15%

It basically would be good for stall teams.
    hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Let me see

For Sacrifice, the game could use what it does with reversal. Also, Think of it like Fake Out. THe game tracks whe nFake Out is used first, and after subsequent uses, it doesn't flinvh anymore. Think of it like that, but it actually limits the use of the move. I was actually not going to have that effect, and basically have it as a survivable explosion, but that would also make it pretty broken. I also made it normal-typed, so it can easily be blocked by Ghosts or Max HP Registeel.

Hmm, for Revival... How about it only having one PP? I know the minimum is five, but we never know what GF will do next. Or change it around a bit so that it isn't as broken as it seems.

Necromancy- How about this? It boosts the power of Dark and Ghost type moves by 50% when under 50% Health?

Weather Burst- I have to say 85% Accuracy. 100 would make it to broken.

Soul Unburden- How about it changes so It's like Moxie, but only with Speed instead of attack?

Miniture Cloud- I was thinking the same thing on that. As Castform has base 70's across the board, a free Quiver Dance isn't nearly as borken as the Soul Dew. From my experiance in Balanced Hackmons, a +2 Speed Boost Chandelure didn't outspeed a Quiver Dance'd Timid Latios, so it's not necessarly broken in the sense of if someone like Lilligant or Jolteon got an item like this.
    Fake Out is different, though, in that the game can keep track of whether or not the user of Fake Out has been out for more than a turn. It's the same thing with Retaliate, actually.
    The check for Fake Out's success or Retaliate's extra power isn't whether or not the move has already been used, but whether or not the user of the move has been out for more than one turn.

The whole idea of reviving a Pokémon is pretty broken unless the cost is the user fainting. A net one-Pokémon advantage in a move is too good, design-wise. 1 PP isn't unheard of, though.

I'm all for the new Necromancy and new Soul Unburden, as well as the clarification of Weather Burst.

As for Jolteon or Lilligant getting a boost in their Special stats and Speed with a Miniature Cloud-like item, it's a bit too good because the boosts allow for one less turn of setup without any sort of relevant drawback. The DeepSeaScale and Tooth for Clamperl or the Light Ball for Pikachu are more acceptable, though, since they have less stats with which they can abuse the item. Competitively speaking, as for the Soul Dew, not much can be said other than it came out in the first generation where they introduced such items, I believe, and didn't realize how powerful Latios and Latias would be with them.

New Move: Slash Cutter
    Type: Dragon / Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 20 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0 (Contact: Yes)
    "The user rushes at the target and attacks it using its sharp claws. Critical hits land more easily."
    - It's a Dragon-type variation of moves like Slash, Psycho Cut, and Shadow Claw.

Or we could just upgrade Dragon Claw to more critical landing easily.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Or we could just upgrade Dragon Claw to more critical landing easily.
    That, yes, but I don't like altering existing battle mechanics if they seem perfectly fine to me.

New Move: Clear Sky
    Power: 70
    Accuracy: 100
    Type: Flying
    Special
    Effect: The pokemon calls upon a mystic power, and banishes any abnormal weather effects from the sky. Rain, Sun, Sandstorms, Hail, and Fogs are all removed for the rest of the battle, unless another pokemon uses a move or ability to summon them again.
    Distribution: Altaria, Rayquaza, Dragonair, Dragonite, Castform.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    New Move: Clear Sky
    Power: 70
    Accuracy: 100
    Type: Flying
    Special
    Effect: The pokemon calls upon a mystic power, and banishes any abnormal weather effects from the sky. Rain, Sun, Sandstorms, Hail, and Fogs are all removed for the rest of the battle, unless another pokemon uses a move or ability to summon them again.
    Distribution: Altaria, Rayquaza, Dragonair, Dragonite, Castform.
    "A mystic power"? It should be Psychic-type, then. o:

But yes, I like this move. I'm assuming it hits any non-user Pokémon?

"A mystic power"? It should be Psychic-type, then. o:
    Meh, I was just making something up right off the bat. It was inspired by Dragonair's ability to use it's orbs to control the weather.
    But yes, I like this move. I'm assuming it hits any non-user Pokémon?
    Uh...I didn't think much about targets.

Let's just say it hits any adjacent target pokemon.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Uh...I didn't think much about targets.

Let's just say it hits any adjacent target pokemon.
    I'd make it hit either all adjacent or any non-user Pokémon, just to tie in with Air Cutter and Fly, respectively. (:

Fake Out is different, though, in that the game can keep track of whether or not the user of Fake Out has been out for more than a turn. It's the same thing with Retaliate, actually.
    The check for Fake Out's success or Retaliate's extra power isn't whether or not the move has already been used, but whether or not the user of the move has been out for more than one turn.

The whole idea of reviving a Pokémon is pretty broken unless the cost is the user fainting. A net one-Pokémon advantage in a move is too good, design-wise. 1 PP isn't unheard of, though.

I'm all for the new Necromancy and new Soul Unburden, as well as the clarification of Weather Burst.

As for Jolteon or Lilligant getting a boost in their Special stats and Speed with a Miniature Cloud-like item, it's a bit too good because the boosts allow for one less turn of setup without any sort of relevant drawback. The DeepSeaScale and Tooth for Clamperl or the Light Ball for Pikachu are more acceptable, though, since they have less stats with which they can abuse the item. Competitively speaking, as for the Soul Dew, not much can be said other than it came out in the first generation where they introduced such items, I believe, and didn't realize how powerful Latios and Latias would be with them.

New Move: Slash Cutter
    Type: Dragon / Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 20 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0 (Contact: Yes)
    "The user rushes at the target and attacks it using its sharp claws. Critical hits land more easily."
    - It's a Dragon-type variation of moves like Slash, Psycho Cut, and Shadow Claw.
    Your points are Valid as well, so why not Make Revival a variation of Lunar Dance? Where Revival Revives Pokemon while Lunar Dance Heals the next one coming in. Though, think about it. It's broken, but not to broken. If Rocks, are up and a Pokemon like Volc is revived the turn Rocks is set up, it's a basically wasted move. and 50% Isn't much, considering every team these days have either Hazards, Priority, or some other way to kill a weakened pokemon.

Well... I'm putting this in a Spoiler, but here's my Idea for a New Weather Condition, Night

Spoiler:

Tumblr

Page 66 of 88 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast