Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Requiem View Post
    Your points are Valid as well, so why not Make Revival a variation of Lunar Dance? Where Revival Revives Pokemon while Lunar Dance Heals the next one coming in. Though, think about it. It's broken, but not to broken. If Rocks, are up and a Pokemon like Volc is revived the turn Rocks is set up, it's a basically wasted move. and 50% Isn't much, considering every team these days have either Hazards, Priority, or some other way to kill a weakened pokemon.
    You also have to consider the design side of the spectrum. I'm going to assume that Revival only revives a Pokémon up to 50%.

If you don't consider entry hazards at all as a hindrance to the move, 50% HP is quite significant, especially if you revive a tank or something. They can recover up back to almost full in one turn with their healing move of choice, or use that turn to set up a Reflect or Light Screen or something to benefit the team again, or get out entry hazards of their own, or what have you. That extra turn can serve extremely crucial to the success of the team, and it's not very fair for a team that's worked so hard to KO that Pokémon to go about their day only to have to deal with that exact same threat again.

If you make Revival require the user fainting as a cost, then that pretty much makes Revival only go on Pokémon that eventually outlive their usefulness. That role used to pretty much only belong to suicide leads, but if they're leads, and if they use Revival, they'd have nothing to revive.

I think somebody else suggested a reviving move awhile back, to which I probably also wasn't a fan of, if only for the design issues.

New Weather: Night
    Mechanics:
    -Boosts the Power of Ghost, Dark, and Psychic type moves by 50%
    -Decreases the Power of Fire, Normal, and Fighting type moves by 50%
    -Boosts the Defense of Ghost types
    -Solar Beam’s power is reduced
    -Pokemon with the Shadow ability gets an Evasion boost (Akin to Snow Cloak and Sand Veil)
    -Pokmeon with the Lunacy ability has their speed doubled
    -Can be summoned with the Lunar Call ability
    -Pokemon with the Starlight ability will have statuses removed at the each turn
    -Synthesis and Morning Sun will have their Healing decreased to 25%, and Moonlight to 66%, and Vise Versa in the Sun
    -Castform transforms into a Ghost-type
    -Weather Ball/Burst becomes Ghost-type moves.

New Move: Moonlit Dance
    Type: Ghost/ Power: None/Accuracy: 100/ PP:5/ Target: Self/ Category: Status/ Priority: 0
    “The user does an ancient dancing ritual that summons out the moon”
    The user summons the Night Weather condition
    Noticeable users: Sableye, Cresselia

New Ability: Shadow
    A Sand Veil for Night
    Noticeable Users: Dusknoir, Gengar, and Spiritomb

New Ability: Lunacy
    Doubles the Pokemon’s Speed at night
    Noticeable Pokemon: Mighteyana, Absol, Houndoom

New Ability: Lunar Call
    The Pokemon Permently summon the Night Wheather condition
    Sole Users: Lunatone, Darkrai

New Ability: Starlight
    Removes Statuses at the end of each turn
    Noticable Users: Umbreon, Jirachi, Cresselia

New Item: Void Rock
    This item increases the Duration of the Night Weather
    The only real flavor disconnect I have with the night weather itself is the Normal-, Fighting- and Fire-type move power reduction. Since the rest are just counterparts to already-existing abilities and moves, I can't really say much about them.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    You also have to consider the design side of the spectrum. I'm going to assume that Revival only revives a Pokémon up to 50%.

If you don't consider entry hazards at all as a hindrance to the move, 50% HP is quite significant, especially if you revive a tank or something. They can recover up back to almost full in one turn with their healing move of choice, or use that turn to set up a Reflect or Light Screen or something to benefit the team again, or get out entry hazards of their own, or what have you. That extra turn can serve extremely crucial to the success of the team, and it's not very fair for a team that's worked so hard to KO that Pokémon to go about their day only to have to deal with that exact same threat again.

If you make Revival require the user fainting as a cost, then that pretty much makes Revival only go on Pokémon that eventually outlive their usefulness. That role used to pretty much only belong to suicide leads, but if they're leads, and if they use Revival, they'd have nothing to revive.

I think somebody else suggested a reviving move awhile back, to which I probably also wasn't a fan of, if only for the design issues.

The only real flavor disconnect I have with the night weather itself is the Normal-, Fighting- and Fire-type move power reduction. Since the rest are just counterparts to already-existing abilities and moves, I can't really say much about them.
    Well, Let me tryo to justify those Power Drops, and kick out fire. Since most Normal and Fightning types are Physical, it's better when there is light to make contact, since at night it's harder to see things, they won't attack as hard to make sure they can hit their opponents. THat, and I feel Night is a good counter to all the fightning types running amuk in OU. That and Lunacy Absol... It's scary to think of that...

My humanity will corrode away... Until I'm just a monster...

Credit to EG for Banner.

Well, Let me tryo to justify those Power Drops, and kick out fire. Since most Normal and Fightning types are Physical, it's better when there is light to make contact, since at night it's harder to see things, they won't attack as hard to make sure they can hit their opponents. THat, and I feel Night is a good counter to all the fightning types running amuk in OU. That and Lunacy Absol... It's scary to think of that...
    If it's hard to see, it should drop the accuracy of Normal- and Fighting-type moves instead. Which is a good thing due to the presence of so many Fighting-type Pokémon and moves this generation.
    And no, this wouldn't be encompassed under the evasion clause, because the evasion clause bans things like BrightPowder, Double Team, and Sand Veil, which are evasion-boosting mechanics that your opponent can do nothing about and just has to deal with.

Snowplow/Ice/Physical/120BP/10PP/100 acc/Causes recoil damage

Dynabite/Fire/Physical/50BP/20 PP/100acc/ Plants explosives when hit t1, explodes next turn for 2x damage a pokemon with explosives planted cannot switch until the effects have worn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    If it's hard to see, it should drop the accuracy of Normal- and Fighting-type moves instead. Which is a good thing due to the presence of so many Fighting-type Pokémon and moves this generation.
    And no, this wouldn't be encompassed under the evasion clause, because the evasion clause bans things like BrightPowder, Double Team, and Sand Veil, which are evasion-boosting mechanics that your opponent can do nothing about and just has to deal with.
    Yea, I think that works better, and It would give all of those High Jump Kick Users a Run for their money.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Snowplow/Ice/Physical/120BP/10PP/100 acc/Causes recoil damage

Dynabite/Fire/Physical/50BP/20 PP/100acc/ Plants explosives when hit t1, explodes next turn for 2x damage a pokemon with explosives planted cannot switch until the effects have worn off.
    Snowplow - An Ice-type Flare Blitz, sure.

Dynamite - So, 50 base power on turn 1, then 100 base power on turn 2, with the Pokémon with explosives planted on it not being able to switch? Does this prevent Baton Pass, U-Turn, and Volt Switch?

Yea, I think that works better, and It would give all of those High Jump Kick Users a Run for their money.
    It would probably lower the usage of Terrakion quite a bit, come to think of it. (:

New Eevo: Dradeon!

Stats:

HP: 60
    Attack: 95
    Defense: 65
    Sp Attack: 65
    Sp defense: 130
    Speed: 110

Notable Moves: Outrage, Dragon Dance, X-Scissor (just for giggles) but its still going to have crap movepools like its fellow Eevo friends.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post

Stats:

Notable Moves: Outrage, Dragon Dance, X-Scissor (just for giggles) but its still going to have crap movepools like its fellow Eevo friends.
    Lol the only dragon types just shurgs off ice beams likes ***** please XD

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Lol the only dragon types just shurgs off ice beams likes ***** please XD
    I wasn't really aiming for the weakness. Dradeon would be a great late game sweeper with this. It's like a physical Lati, just without the precious Soul Dew.

Item

Golden Arc (a relic shaped like Arceus' middle peice)

Boosts STAB moves for the holder by 50% at the cost of 50% power on all non STAB moves.

Dual Types would love this. And if you can learn them, fixed damage moves would help dodge the drop.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post

Stats:

Seems alright. I'm actually in favor of that high base Sp. Def. A lot of dragons in RPG's have resistance to elements, so why not? :P

And crap movepools? Maybe for this poor fellow, because of its slightly above-average Attack stat, but Espeon and Jolteon still can be very formidable with their current movesets.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Item

Boosts STAB moves for the holder by 50% at the cost of 50% power on all non STAB moves.

Dual Types would love this. And if you can learn them, fixed damage moves would help dodge the drop.
    Hmm... I can see this be pretty Broken on Weavile. Switching between Ice/Darl STABS would decimate the entire OU Meta. Well, it does make Low Kick Horrible, so that's not a good sign. Also something that can fully abuse both STABs would benefit to this... Mainly Volcarona.

Credit to EG for Banner.

Item

A lot of breloom only use two attacking moves, both of wich are stab when they do. I think breloom may be banned with this

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Item

I think somebody else mentioned this item before. It's relatively broken on Pokémon whose types already have great coverage.

And not to mention that the same criteria for switching out a Choice user also applies here, although this has an extra perk in that it can possibly give two moves a boost instead of just one (assuming that a Pokémon only has one move per type in its moveset).

I've been toying around with a few things for the competitive environment lately, ranging from new moves to even a new type.

Moves:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Flare Smash (? BP, 90 Accuracy, 5 PP, physical attack, makes contact, targets adjacent pokemon, Fire type):

Flavor text: "The user cloaks itself in fire and slams into the foe with maximum force. Its Power varies with the pokemon."

In-depth effect: The move's base power is equivalent to the user's base Attack stat (ie. Victini gets 100 BP with this move because it has 100 base Attack).

Some notable users:
    • Victini: It should get a decent physical Fire STAB, even if it has low PP, without resorting to moves with recoil like Flare Blitz or V-Create.
    • Darmitan: A big maybe on this one because it has base 140 Attack, but it isn't affected by Sheer Force and therefore is weaker than Flare Blitz. That also means that it will take Life Orb recoil.
    • Blaziken: Extends its survivability in Ubers because it no longer needs to use Flare Blitz for maximum power.
    • Infernape: A viable option for physical or mixed sets that don't want recoil from Flare Blitz.
    • Arceus*: Like with Darmitan, a big maybe because this would give the E-Killer set more ways to deal with steels and possibly defeat Groundon, who is one of E-Killer's main counters.
    • Mew*: Not so useful, but Swords Dance sets could use a good Fire-type move.

*detnotes that this learned through move tutor.

Comments: I built this for a custom pseudo-legendary pokemon built for the Ubers tier, Foxer, and I wanted to give it a ridiculously powerful move. Having given one of its forms 200 base Attack before, this idea worked surprisingly well (before you ask, I gave that form 50 base Speed, 65 base Defense and 65 Special Defense to balance it out for the tier. Some powerful neutral attacks like Reshiram's Blue Flare or Heatran's Fire Blast OHKOs it). I then decided that it would work well for other pokemon and gave it to them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Metal crusher (150 BP, 80 Accuracy, 5 PP, physical attack, makes contact, targets adjacent pokemon, Steel type).

Flavor text: "The user smashes its metal body into the opponent. The user sustains a horrible recoil"

In-Depth effect: The user takes recoil damage equal to 1/2 of the damage caused.

Notable users: It is the signature move for Ferrant, a new pokemon that I have created.

Comments: I wanted a suicidal-ish signature move for Ferrant and I came up with this. It is pretty much a steel-typed Head Smash.

Abilities:
    Gnawer.

Flavour Text: "Ups the power of biting moves"

In-Depth effect: Increases the power of moves that involve biting by 33%. Super Fang now reduces HP by 66% rather than 50%.

Distribution: Many rodent pokemon, including Ferrant and Raticate. Other non-rodent pokemon like Bibarrel and Luxary get it too.

Comments: I wanted to make a new flavor ability for Ferrant (despite this not being the most effective ability for Ferrant) and this is what I came up with. I feel that it is alright considering Sheer Force and Iron Fist.

Pokemon:
    Ferrant, the Iron Lemming pokemon.

Pokedex number: #99 Orion (#748 National).

Flavor text: "It was accidentally discovered after a pack of Lemmant (its pre-evo, Normal type) took refuge in an abandoned oil well during a freak snowstorm. It is capable of exploding in the face of defeat, determined to bring the opponent down with it."

Evolution chain: Lemmant -> Ferrant (trade with Metal Coat).

Appearance: A large, battered lemming with metal legs, metal-plated head, metal plating on the back and the underside. It has explosives attached to its back.

Type: Normal/Steel.

Abilities: Reckless, Gnawer (new ability), Sturdy (PDW).

Base stats:
    HP: 90
    Attack: 130
    Defense: 90
    Special Attack: 40
    Special Defense: 50
    Speed: 100
    BST: 500

Notable moves: Metal Crusher (Signature), Explosion (only pokemon it gets STAB on), Double-Edge, U-Turn, Fire Fang*, Superpower** (a maybe here), Super Fang.
    *detnotes Egg Move, **detnotes Move-Tutor Move.

Comments: A pokemon that I came up with while toying with an idea for a STAB Explosion. I designed it with the OU tier in mind. Put a Choice Scarf on it and I can see it being a decent Terrakion revenge-killer. Put a Choice Band on it and its STAB Explosion becomes the strongest attack in all of OU, OHKOing almost everything that doesn't resist it. Word of warning: Don't use Metal Crusher on either Chansey or Blissey at full HP or it practically OHKOs itself with the recoil while they survive (Evolite Chansey even survives a scarfed STAB Explosion!).

Wow, what a lengthy first post.

New Eevo: Breezeon! Pure flying.
    Stats:

HP: 65
    Defense: 60
    Sp Attack: 110
    Sp defense: 65
    Speed: 130

Notable Moves: Quiver dance, Hurricane, Air slash, U-turn, brave bird, Focus blast, shadow ball.

Base stats:
    HP: 90
    Attack: 130
    Defense: 90
    Special Attack: 40
    Special Defense: 50
    Speed: 100
    BST: 500
    Now this is kind of interesting. It's got good physical defense, but is x4 weak to mach punch and has awful special defense, so I'd say it's manageable, especially since this guy is so suicide.

The scary power of STAB Explosion and Metal Crusher could probably force a lot of swap outs, so this guy may make a great Volt Turner.

Competitive battles aside, I also think the concept suicide bomber of a lemming is hilarious, though I would expect it to have the ability aftermath.
    New Eevo: Breezeon! Pure flying.
    Stats:

HP: 65
    Defense: 60
    Sp Attack: 110
    Sp defense: 65
    Speed: 130

Notable Moves: Quiver dance, Hurricane, Air slash, U-turn, brave bird, Focus blast, shadow ball.
    Extremely frail, but it's also pretty fast and carries Quiver Dance and good offensive STAB.

This guy seems like the definition of Glass Cannon. I should also note that even with a modest nature, it should be faster then base 110 speed pokemon like Gengar.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Now this is kind of interesting. It's got good physical defense, but is x4 weak to mach punch and has awful special defense, so I'd say it's manageable, especially since this guy is so suicide.
    With its traits, I can see that is unlikely that it gets more than one KO per game and may not get any if it gets outpredicted (which can be easy, particularly on any choiced sets). Its Special Defense is so low that some special attackers can OHKO it with a STAB 95 BP move that hits it for neutral damage. It, of course, also gets destroyed by priority Mach Punches coming off Breloom and most Scizor. It seems like a great wallbreaker due to its very powerful STABs and decent selection of coverage moves, but it would be hilarious switching Evolite Chansey (at full HP and when there is no hazards) in to tank a Metal Crush to see Ferrant OHKO itself with the recoil while it still stands (at ableit, very little HP).

The scary power of STAB Explosion and Metal Crusher could probably force a lot of swap outs, so this guy may make a great Volt Turner.
    Yes, it would make a great volt-turner. The only set I have come up with so far runs U-Turn so it to flee from unfavorable matchups as they switch in if I predict correctly.

This is what I have so far:

Ferrant @ Life Orb
    Trait: Reckless
    EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - U-Turn
    - Metal Crusher
    - Superpower (Fire Fang can be run if you want to get the jump on Ferrothorn or Scizor if it switches in on it outside of the rain).
    - Explosion (or Double Edge if you don't want to blow yourself up on ghosts like Jellicent if they switch in on Explosion).

Competitive battles aside, I also think the concept suicide bomber of a lemming is hilarious, though I would expect it to have the ability aftermath.
    I'm considering on replacing Sturdy with Aftermath because I don't think Sturdy suits it well flavorwise and that it is often nullified by hazards.

New ability

Wild Release
    "Treated as primary Type in battle"

-Basically the Pokemon with this ability ignores it's own Secondary Typing. So for example, Nidoqueen which is a Poison/Ground Type is now Just a Poison Type. This may seem like a terrible ability at first but there are actually some Pokemon who would benefit more from being Mono-Type.

Distribution: Exeggutor Line, Entire "Nido" line, Shiftry Line, Tropius Line

New item(First Item I ever made to be exact)

Monolith
    "Raises the holders Power if the holder has one Type"

-To put it simply, they get more from STAB, 30% more to be exact. So basically STAB with Monolith is 80% But can only be equipped by Mono Typed Pokemon. Still not sure whether to leave it at 30% or bump it up to 50%? What do you all think?

Another New Ability

Pollute
    "Pokemon cannot be healed"

-As it says, As long as a Pokemon with Pollute is out all Pokemon including the one with the ability and it's allies cannot be healed by any means. Not by held items, not by moves, not by abilities, not by items in the bag(In regular play), not by anything.

Distribution: Garbador Line, Muk Line, Weezing Line.

Another new ability

Antagonist
    "Ignore the effects of Boosts"

-So basically a Pokemon with Antagonist ignores any and all boosts. That includes it's own. So for example if it attacks it ignores it's Stab boosts but at the same time if it is hit by a move that is the same type as it's user, it ignores it's stab boost as well. All boosts it ignores are, ones by held items, ones by ability, STAB, Ones by moves and boosts to the stats.

Distribution: Mawile, Hydeigon Line, Liepard Line, Granbull line.

Another New Item

Boomerang
    "Has a 10% chance of causing the target Pokémon to be switched when using a move that deals damage"

-So like a Dragon Tail, Circle Throw, Roar, Whirlwind in an item

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Okay, time for reply !

Wild Release: A lot of people have made the move that ignored secondary typing. I'm not really a big fan of it. Some pokemon's secondary typing are just too hard to tell, like is Omaster Water or Rock? Yeah, is Cradily Grass or Rock? But since you listed the distribution, I find it much easier to differentiate which typing is primary and which is secondary. So yeah, great.

Monolith: This reminds me of the plates and stuff like Mystic Water or the plates with an extra 10% percent. I think this item is not too broken to be implemented, but yeah.... Life Orb or Expert Belt is still better IMO.

Pollute: I like this kewl ability. Though I think it would fit the flavour better if it minus hp when trying to heal, because it's pollution! xD

Antagonist: So it's basically an Unaware on EVERYTHING. Okay...

Boomerang: It's fine, 10% to force switch without negative priority looks pretty decent. 10% isn't very high anyways... So yeah.

Changed Abilities
    Keen Eye: Accuracy cannot be lowered. Also raises accuracy by 30%.

New Abilities
    Quick Reflex: All Physical moves have a 50% chance to go first (at +1).

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I'll give my opinions later.

New Pokemon:

You know I'm **** horrible at names, so I'm just saying it's based on this guy     Spoiler:- this guy:

Ability: (it's new!) My life for the cause (recoil moves (and explosion, in case it doesn't count.) gain a 33% power boost.)

Type: Bug/Normal

Stats:

60hp
    101atk
    70def
    40sp.atk
    70sp.def
    143spe

Notable moves: explosion, u-turn, bite (for flavor of the wild ticker.) super fang(ditto.). Actually, that's pretty much it's entire move pool.

For all of those of you unfamiliar with GoW, a ticker is a small enemy that runs, screaming, at high speeds simply just to explode, killing itself, just in the hopes of downing/killing your character.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Another new ability

Antagonist
    "Ignore the effects of Boosts"

-So basically a Pokemon with Antagonist ignores any and all boosts. That includes it's own. So for example if it attacks it ignores it's Stab boosts but at the same time if it is hit by a move that is the same type as it's user, it ignores it's stab boost as well. All boosts it ignores are, ones by held items, ones by ability, STAB, Ones by moves and boosts to the stats.

What happens when, say, a Hydreigon with this ability uses Draco Meteor? Will it ignore the stat drop as well?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Pollute: I like this kewl ability. Though I think it would fit the flavour better if it minus hp when trying to heal, because it's pollution! xD
    OMG I like your Idea so much better, definitely adding that. Actually scratch that I'm just going to leave is as it is.

Antagonist: So it's basically an Unaware on EVERYTHING. Okay...
    That depends does unaware ignore Stab and held item boosts?

Changed Abilities
    So a better Compound eyes? cool.

New Abilities
    Now I personally like this ability(although I think 50% is a bit much) but I already know Wishing Star is going to not like this XD

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    What happens when, say, a Hydreigon with this ability uses Draco Meteor? Will it ignore the stat drop as well?
    Is Draco meteors stat drop a boost? But I have considered that and is thinking about changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post

New Pokemon:

Ability: (it's new!) My life for the cause (recoil moves (and explosion, in case it doesn't count.) gain a 33% power boost.)

Type: Bug/Normal

Stats:

60hp
    101atk
    70def
    40sp.atk
    70sp.def
    143spe

Notable moves: explosion, u-turn, bite (for flavor of the wild ticker.) super fang(ditto.). Actually, that's pretty much it's entire move pool.

For all of those of you unfamiliar with GoW, a ticker is a small enemy that runs, screaming, at high speeds simply just to explode, killing itself, just in the hopes of downing/killing your character.
    The Pokemon looks interesting and it's ability is basically a better Reckless with a different name.

Revamped Ability

Antagonist V.02
    "Treats boosts as decreases"

-So basically a Pokemon with Antagonist treats all boosts as decreases and they instead lose by the same amount. For example, say Mawile used Iron Head. Iron Head no longer receives a 50% boost from STAB but rather gets a a 50% decrease. The same applies to all boosts of any Pokemon that battle a Pokemon with Antagonist V.02. It affects every kind of boost.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Replies to cascadethewarrior:

Wild Release: Very gimmicy, but I don't see it being too hard to implement considering that we already have similar moves and abilities. I classify the Pokemon's primary typing as the first one that is listed.

Monolith: Alright, but you have to watch out for Adaptability users (particularly in LC) because their STAB attacks already out-damage Super Effective coverage moves that have less BP than their main STABs. Still, I suggest that it gets an increase to 50% but that would give Adaptability users less reason to use coverage moves. To be technical, with your current description, the STAB move would get 1.95* power instead of 1.8* power because because 1.5*1.3 = 1.95 (My suggestion to buff it up to 50% would give it 2.25* because 1.5*1.5), unless it works in the same way as Adaptability (if that's possible).

Pollute: I'm with Oceanic Lanturn on this one. Causing damage instead of healing fits its flavor more. Are poison types exempt from the effects of this ability?

Antagonist: This would really throw a wrench into a lot of peoples tactics. This could work on a Stall pokemon.

Boomerang: Not quite sure on this one, but the 10% phasing chance can really mess up someone if they happen to get phased because of it (the same can be applied to the freezing chance of Ice Beam, though). Considering Ice Beam, its alright.

Anyway, I have more to share:

New Moves:

Glyph Shot (85 BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP, physical attack, targets adjacent pokemon, Rock type):

Flavor text: "The user hurls a stone slab inscribed with mysterious glyphs using an odd power. It inflicts Special damage on the foe."

In-Depth effect: Deals special rather than physical damage.

Notable users: It is the signature move for Arceon, an Eevee evo I have created.

Comments: Being a part of the planned story of Orion, Arceon needed a few things to distinguish it from the other Eevee evolutions. Giving it a signature move was one of them. It will also allow it to hurt physical tanks that it otherwise couldn't break.

Airblaze (95 BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP, special attack, targets adjacent pokemon [long range], Flying type).

Flavor text: "The user relentlessly blasts the foe with gale-force winds. It deals damage without regard to stat changes."

In-depth effect: It deals damage without taking stat boosts or drops into account, like what Sacred Sword and Chip Away does.

Some notable users: Again, this is another signature move. This time it is for Japeon, another Eevee evolution I created.

Comments: Japeon, just like Arceon, will also be part of the planned story of Orion, so it needed a signature move. It can beat Calm Mind and Quiver Dance users with this move.

New pokemon:

Arceon, the Rosetta Pokemon.

Pokedex number: #144 Orion (#793 National).

Flavor text: "Packs of Arceon live with the Unown in the highly secluded Anglion ruins to hide the potentially dangerous origins of the Glyphic Pokemon (the region's main legendary trio). They have been known to abduct Eevee."

Evolution chain: Eevee -> Arceon (level Eevee up while holding a Rosetta Stone).

Appearance: Similar to that of Umbreon, but it appears to be made out of stone with glyphs inscribed into it and has several chips in it. These glyphs glow in the same manner as Umbreon's rings glow in.

Type: Rock

Abilities: Solid Rock, Weak Armour, Sand Stream (PDW).

Base stats:
    HP: 110
    Defense: 130
    Special Attack: 60
    Special Defense: 65
    Speed: 65
    BST: 505

Notable moves: Glyph Shot (signature), Stone Edge, Earthquake, Superpower**, Rock Polish, Bulk Up, Baton Pass*, Stealth Rock**, Spikes, Roar
    *detnotes Egg Move, **detnotes Move Tutor Move

Comments: The main Eevee evolution that plays a role in the planned story of Orion. It is positioned right before the region's main legendary pokemon trio in the Pokedex. It might seem completely outclassed by Tyranitar, but it gets things that TTar doesn't get like Baton Pass and better physical Defense as well as not having the horrible 4x weakness to fighting.

I don't have enough time to post what I have for Japeon right now. I'll probably edit it in later.

Massive post incoming!

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Moves:
    Flare Smash (? BP, 90 Accuracy, 5 PP, physical attack, makes contact, targets adjacent pokemon, Fire type):

Flavor text: "The user cloaks itself in fire and slams into the foe with maximum force. Its Power varies with the pokemon."

In-depth effect: The move's base power is equivalent to the user's base Attack stat (ie. Victini gets 100 BP with this move because it has 100 base Attack).

Some notable users:
    • Victini: It should get a decent physical Fire STAB, even if it has low PP, without resorting to moves with recoil like Flare Blitz or V-Create.
    • Darmitan: A big maybe on this one because it has base 140 Attack, but it isn't affected by Sheer Force and therefore is weaker than Flare Blitz. That also means that it will take Life Orb recoil.
    • Blaziken: Extends its survivability in Ubers because it no longer needs to use Flare Blitz for maximum power.
    • Infernape: A viable option for physical or mixed sets that don't want recoil from Flare Blitz.
    • Arceus*: Like with Darmitan, a big maybe because this would give the E-Killer set more ways to deal with steels and possibly defeat Groundon, who is one of E-Killer's main counters.
    • Mew*: Not so useful, but Swords Dance sets could use a good Fire-type move.

*detnotes that this learned through move tutor.

Comments: I built this for a custom pseudo-legendary pokemon built for the Ubers tier, Foxer, and I wanted to give it a ridiculously powerful move. Having given one of its forms 200 base Attack before, this idea worked surprisingly well (before you ask, I gave that form 50 base Speed, 65 base Defense and 65 Special Defense to balance it out for the tier. Some powerful neutral attacks like Reshiram's Blue Flare or Heatran's Fire Blast OHKOs it). I then decided that it would work well for other pokemon and gave it to them.

Metal crusher (150 BP, 80 Accuracy, 5 PP, physical attack, makes contact, targets adjacent pokemon, Steel type).

Flavor text: "The user smashes its metal body into the opponent. The user sustains a horrible recoil"

In-Depth effect: The user takes recoil damage equal to 1/2 of the damage caused.

Notable users: It is the signature move for Ferrant, a new pokemon that I have created.

Comments: I wanted a suicidal-ish signature move for Ferrant and I came up with this. It is pretty much a steel-typed Head Smash.

Abilities:
    Gnawer.

Flavour Text: "Ups the power of biting moves"

In-Depth effect: Increases the power of moves that involve biting by 33%. Super Fang now reduces HP by 66% rather than 50%.

Distribution: Many rodent pokemon, including Ferrant and Raticate. Other non-rodent pokemon like Bibarrel and Luxary get it too.

Comments: I wanted to make a new flavor ability for Ferrant (despite this not being the most effective ability for Ferrant) and this is what I came up with. I feel that it is alright considering Sheer Force and Iron Fist.
    First off, I apologize for not commenting on your made-up Pokémon. I'm horrible at judging them. :/

Anyway,

Flare Smash -
    I'm a big fan of having moves that depend on base stats themselves, but I'm not as big of a fan of this move in particular.
    This move suffers from what I call the "distribution based on balance" fate, in that it can't be given to Pokémon with too high of a base Attack stat, or else the risk of abusing this move is extremely high.
    By the way, Flareon gets no love?

Metal Crusher - As a counterpart to Head Smash, I can't really say much.

Gnawer - A nice Iron Fist counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New ability

Wild Release
    "Treated as primary Type in battle"

-Basically the Pokemon with this ability ignores it's own Secondary Typing. So for example, Nidoqueen which is a Poison/Ground Type is now Just a Poison Type. This may seem like a terrible ability at first but there are actually some Pokemon who would benefit more from being Mono-Type.

Distribution: Exeggutor Line, Entire "Nido" line, Shiftry Line, Tropius Line

New item(First Item I ever made to be exact)

Monolith
    "Raises the holders Power if the holder has one Type"

-To put it simply, they get more from STAB, 30% more to be exact. So basically STAB with Monolith is 80% But can only be equipped by Mono Typed Pokemon. Still not sure whether to leave it at 30% or bump it up to 50%? What do you all think?

Another New Ability

Pollute
    "Pokemon cannot be healed"

-As it says, As long as a Pokemon with Pollute is out all Pokemon including the one with the ability and it's allies cannot be healed by any means. Not by held items, not by moves, not by abilities, not by items in the bag(In regular play), not by anything.

Distribution: Garbador Line, Muk Line, Weezing Line.

Another New Item

Boomerang
    "Has a 10% chance of causing the target Pokémon to be switched when using a move that deals damage"

-So like a Dragon Tail, Circle Throw, Roar, Whirlwind in an item
    Wild Release - As it is now, only the Pokémon with Wild Release itself ignores its own secondary typing, which pretty much means it's a drawback-only ability (like Klutz).

Monolith - I'd leave it at 30%. There are Choice item users that have only one type but love to spam their STAB move regardless (namely, Pokémon with a type that has great coverage).

Pollute - Drawback-only abilities are a no-no. I personally don't like them, but a team can always be built around it.

Boomerang - What it actually does is pretty broken. However, given that it's only a 10% chance, I'd say it's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn
    Changed Abilities

New Abilities
    Keen Eye - As a strictly better CompoundEyes with the change, I'd say it should only increase accuracy by 20% or so.

Quick Reflex - Physical sweepers rejoice! (In other words, 50% is far too high. There's a reason why Quick Claw is banned in competitive play.)

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Revamped Ability

Antagonist V.02
    "Treats boosts as decreases"

-So basically a Pokemon with Antagonist treats all boosts as decreases and they instead lose by the same amount. For example, say Mawile used Iron Head. Iron Head no longer receives a 50% boost from STAB but rather gets a a 50% decrease. The same applies to all boosts of any Pokemon that battle a Pokemon with Antagonist V.02. It affects every kind of boost.
    1) Mawile's STAB would be reduced by 33%, not 50%.
    2) Does this directly affect stat changes, or does it merely "replace" positive stat changes with negative stat changes? For example, is it like Contrary (where if Mawile used Swords Dance, its Attack would be sharply lowered), or is it like Simple (where Mawile's does have +2 Attack, and with the ability it actually has -2 Attack applied to it, but if the ability is removed it goes back to +2 Attack)?

As for the ability itself, it's... weird in the fact that the ability discourages STAB moves. Choice items would absolutely fail on a Pokémon with Antagonist v.02, and Life Orb would multiply the power of attacks by x10/13. I don't really see any good use for the ability, at least not when the Pokémon is first sent out into battle anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Glyph Shot (100 BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP, physical attack, targets adjacent pokemon, Rock type):
    Flavor text: "The user hurls a stone slab inscribed with mysterious glyphs using an odd power. It inflicts Special damage on the foe."
    In-Depth effect: Deals special rather than physical damage.
    Notable users: It is the signature move for Arceon, an Eevee evo I have created.
    Comments: Being a part of the planned story of Orion, Arceon needed a few things to distinguish it from the other Eevee evolutions. Giving it a signature move was one of them. It will also allow it to hurt physical tanks that it otherwise couldn't break.

Airblaze (100 BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP, special attack, targets adjacent pokemon [long range], Flying type).
    Flavor text: "The user relentlessly blasts the foe with gale-force winds. It deals damage without regard to stat changes."
    In-depth effect: It deals damage without taking stat boosts or drops into account, like what Sacred Sword and Chip Away does.
    Some notable users: Again, this is another signature move. This time it is for Japeon, another Eevee evolution I created.
    Comments: Japeon, just like Arceon, will also be part of the planned story of Orion, so it needed a signature move. It can beat Calm Mind and Quiver Dance users with this move.
    Glyph Shot - I'm assuming that the move doesn't make contact with the foe as a stone slab is thrown. Anyway, the presence of Secret Sword may warrant a base power drop, but otherwise it's alright.

Airblaze - Sacred Sword has 95 base power and is also regarded as a very good move. The base power could be dropped to 95 to match Sacred Sword's. (I don't mention Close Combat as a resort to increase this move's power because Brave Bird is analogous to this as Close Combat is to Sacred Sword.)

Page 67 of 88 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177 ... LastLast