Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Here's a new Pokemon idea of mine

Prinkle-Spine Lizard Pokemon
    Rock/Poison
    Iron Barbs/Poison Point/~Sand Stream~
    HP-50
    ATK-60
    DEF-75
    SPA-40
    SPD-60
    SPE-40

Neetles-Pin Cusion Pokemon
    Rock/Poison
    Intimidate/Poison Point/~Sand Stream~
    HP-75
    ATK-90
    DEF-110
    SPA-60
    SPD-90
    SPE-60

Gygapinn-Brutal Spike
    Dark/Poison
    Intimidate/Solid Rock/~Sand Stream~
    HP-100
    ATK-100
    DEF-120
    SPA-80
    SPD-110
    SPE-90

Notable moves

Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot, Outrage, Night Slash, Thunder Fang, Fire Fang, Needle Arm, Megahorn, Dragon Tail, Aqua Tail, Stockpile, Zen Headbutt, Crunch.

It's a Psuedo Line, but with more defensive priorities, and offers sand starters to lower tiers (and should only be for lower tiers, as Sandstorm will hurt the final form) and a Poison/Dark type really just has to watch out for Earthquake, but with the bulk it has, it should have no problem taking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Flare Smash -
    I'm a big fan of having moves that depend on base stats themselves, but I'm not as big of a fan of this move in particular.
    This move suffers from what I call the "distribution based on balance" fate, in that it can't be given to Pokémon with too high of a base Attack stat, or else the risk of abusing this move is extremely high.
    By the way, Flareon gets no love?
    Point taken. I was a bit iffy about giving it to Darmitan and Arceus in the first place because I saw the potential for abuse. Arceus, for example, gets a better way to crush Ferrothorn especially with the Extremekiller set (despite Dialga, one of the more common steels in the tier, is neutral to it just like how Ferrothorn is neutral to Earthquake). And oh boy, I forgot about Flareon. That might make it more viable in the higher tiers because its move pool was just... wasted. One thing I could do is also reduce the accuracy from 90 to 85, which matches Fire Blast, Power Whip and Hydro Pump. That would make it a physical Fire Blast on pokemon with base 120 Attack. Instead of that, I may give it 95 Accuracy, raise its PP to 10 and limit its distribution to weaker pokemon but then Flareon will get a powerful move that is easy to abuse which is not really applicable (like the +6 Sunkern boost idea brought up earlier in the thread).

Glyph Shot - I'm assuming that the move doesn't make contact with the foe as a stone slab is thrown. Anyway, the presence of Secret Sword may warrant a base power drop, but otherwise it's alright.
    Okay. I might as well drop the base power to Secret Sword's level.

Airblaze - Sacred Sword has 95 base power and is also regarded as a very good move. The base power could be dropped to 95 to match Sacred Sword's. (I don't mention Close Combat as a resort to increase this move's power because Brave Bird is analogous to this as Close Combat is to Sacred Sword.)
    Done. They will be edited in my previous post.

ho-hum.

New Item:

Iron Shield

gain a 20% def boost at cost of half spped, or if base 50 or slower, at cost of half attack/special attack.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

New item

Pendulum-Special item for Hypno

Increases hypnosis accuracy up to 100% but only when used by hypno

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    New item

Pendulum-Special item for Hypno

Increases hypnosis accuracy up to 100% but only when used by hypno
    why you'd help that pedo i'm, baffled at.

doesn't seem all that good.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    why you'd help that pedo i'm, baffled at.

doesn't seem all that good.
    you want to know why i'd help hypno.Seriously? Have you seen my avatar?

a hypnosis with 100% was my attempt to not make it overpowered but still make it somewhat interesting.Also Hypno has been holding a pendulum since gen 1 pretty much all the other gen 1 pokemon with held items have had those items released (Marowak-Thick club Farfetch'd-Stick Alakazam-Twisted spoon Chansey-luck egg) and could improve hypno competitively.
    Now then do you have a better use for a pendulum item?

I'd increase Acc 50% and a stat 50% because Hypno is kinda lacking in the stat department.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    you want to know why i'd help hypno.Seriously? Have you seen my avatar?

a hypnosis with 100% was my attempt to not make it overpowered but still make it somewhat interesting.Also Hypno has been holding a pendulum since gen 1 pretty much all the other gen 1 pokemon with held items have had those items released (Marowak-Thick club Farfetch'd-Stick Alakazam-Twisted spoon Chansey-luck egg) and could improve hypno competitively.
    Now then do you have a better use for a pendulum item?
    No, but if you like hypno, look at this

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue23/christmas_party

Red Orb- Kyogre's Water moves get 1.5X power,
    Blue Orb-Groudon's Fire and Ground moves get 1.5X power.
    Green Orb-Rayquaza's Dragon and Flying moves get 1.5X power

Quote Originally Posted by pokemonsquared View Post
    Red Orb- Kyogre's Water moves get 1.5X power,
    Blue Orb-Groudon's Fire and Ground moves get 1.5X power.
    Green Orb-Rayquaza's Dragon and Flying moves get 1.5X power
    Blue Orb should include Electric moves (really just Thunder and Thunderbolt for Kyogre), since Electric is Kyogre's pseudo-second type as Fire is Groudon's.

Name: Conductivity
    Category: Status
    Type: Electric or Steel
    PP: Default 5 / 8 max
    Accuracy: -
    Effect: For 5 turns, Ground types become susceptible to Electric moves as if they weren't Ground-typed at all.

Pretty useless competitively, I just think it would be a cool thing to have, like Miracle Eye, Foresight, etc.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    No, but if you like hypno, look at this

http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue23/christmas_party
    lol ok but you've got it all wrong.Hypno is the life and soul of a party if you are stuck at a dull party and want to make it a proper rave bring a hypnotist like hypno with you.It'd be like partying with Derren Brown.Plus I can think of many worse guests to bring drifloon,snorlax or skuntank for example.

ok back on topic

New ability
    Dragonproof

When hit by a dragon type move defence increases 1 stage.Also provides immunity from dragontype attacks.

New items!

The Armor set

Stone Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Defense but at the cost of speed"

-Boosts the Defense by 50% and lowers the Speed by 25%

Light Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Speed but at the cost of defense"

-Boosts Speed by 50% and lowers Defense by 25%

Gold Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Sp.Defense but at the cost of speed"

-Boosts Sp.Defense by 50% and lowers Speed by 25%

Dragon Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. Weakens the damage from Grass, Fire, Water and Electric attacks"

-It weakens them by 10% each.

Crystal Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It takes on the effect of the item held by the opposing Pokemon"

-Basically it becomes your opponents item. So if your opponent's Pokemon was holding a Rocky Helmet this item will have the same effect until the opponents Pokemon is switched out, fainted or their item is removed. If it is a Double or Triple battle it takes on the one straight across from the holder. If the opposing item is a a one-use item you now have an infinite item on your side. It cannot copy berries though

Sacred Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. Gives the holder immunity to Ghost-type moves"

-As it says they get an immunity to Ghost-type moves.

Shiny Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It lowers the accuracy of the holder and opponent"

-The Opponent's accuracy is lowered by 30% and the holders accuracy is lowered by 10%. I know, I know things that lower Accuracy and/or raise Evasion are banned but I made it anyway.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Name: Conductivity
    Category: Status
    Type: Electric or Steel
    PP: Default 5 / 8 max
    Accuracy: -
    Effect: For 5 turns, Ground types become susceptible to Electric moves as if they weren't Ground-typed at all.
    It's fine as it is right now, I'd say. I would say that it could last indefinitely, but I see it's a field effect rather than an effect on one specific target.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New items!

The Armor set

Stone Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Defense but at the cost of speed"

-Boosts the Defense by 50% and lowers the Speed by 25%

Light Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Speed but at the cost of defense"

-Boosts Speed by 50% and lowers Defense by 25%

Gold Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It boosts Sp.Defense but at the cost of speed"

-Boosts Sp.Defense by 50% and lowers Speed by 25%

Dragon Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. Weakens the damage from Grass, Fire, Water and Electric attacks"

-It basically makes it so they do 1/2 damage as if the pokemon resists it. And if the holder already resists it then it will do a quarter.

Crystal Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It takes on the effect of the item held by the opposing Pokemon"

-Basically it becomes your opponents item. So if your opponent's Pokemon was holding a Rocky Helmet this item will have the same effect until the Pokemon is switched out, fainted or their item is removed. If it is a Double or Triple battle it takes on the one straight across from the holder. If the opposing item is a berry or a one-use item you now have an infinite item on your side.

Sacred Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. Gives the holder immunity to Ghost-type moves"

-As it says they get an immunity to Ghost-type moves.

Shiny Armor
    "An item to be held by a Pokémon. It lowers the accuracy of the holder and opponent"

-The Opponent's accuracy is lowered by 30% and the holders accuracy is lowered by 10%. I know, I know things that lower Accuracy and/or raise Evasion are banned but I made it anyway.
    Stone, Light, and Gold Armors - These are alright, I guess.

Dragon Armor - This item, though, is a bit too good. This almost renders the defensive portion of a Pokémon's types useless. It would defeat the defensive purpose of a Pokémon having types, as no matter what types it is, holding this item would solve even the worst of type matchups. It should definitely have a drawback.

Crystal Armor -
    I don't get why it's an armor. If anything, it should be a disc or some sort of electronic device of some sort.
    And if the foe across is holding a Lum Berry and uses moves like Toxic to whittle your Pokémon down, and your Pokémon has this item, the Armor will just trigger every time your Pokémon gets poisoned? If so, the item is slightly too strong.

Sacred Armor - I guess. It's not as bad as Dragon Armor in the fact that this only covers one type.

Shiny Armor - Technically speaking, this item wouldn't be banned if it gave both the holder and all other Pokémon a 10% decrease in accuracy. However, at that rate, it would actually be giving your foe an advantage, since you'd be using up an item slot if you wanted one of your Pokémon to hold this item. (No, making the foe have a 15% or 20% accuracy drop instead of 10% or 30% wouldn't help; long story short, it would lead to discussion that would go nowhere.)

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Dragon Armor - This item, though, is a bit too good. This almost renders the defensive portion of a Pokémon's types useless. It would defeat the defensive purpose of a Pokémon having types, as no matter what types it is, holding this item would solve even the worst of type matchups. It should definitely have a drawback.
    I was thinking of making it so Dragon and Ice Type attacks do more damage but not sure if that is enough of a drawback. Also, I should have clarified that if the the Pokemon holding Dragon Armor is already weak to say Grass, dragon armor would make it that is does neutral. It only does 1/2 damage if they are neutral to it. So say a Pokemon like Seaking which is 2X weak Grass, with Dragon Armor it now tskes neutral damage from it. Also, a Pokemon like Quagsire which is 4X weak to Grass would take only 2X damage.

Crystal Armor -
    I don't get why it's an armor. If anything, it should be a disc or some sort of electronic device of some sort.
    And if the foe across is holding a Lum Berry and uses moves like Toxic to whittle your Pokémon down, and your Pokémon has this item, the Armor will just trigger every time your Pokémon gets poisoned? If so, the item is slightly too strong.
    Yes they Item will Trigger every time. With Crystal Armor, berries and one use items are infinite. It's not really that bad since you have no control over which Item they use and they have to be out and be holding said item for Crystal Armor to take it's effect. Also you can be crippled by the opponent as well. So if your opponent had a Choice item and you don't know about it and they switch switch in and you use a move they are immune to or whatever you are now locked into that move. Not to mention it basically a useless Item if your opponent does have an item on their pokemon.

I was thinking of making it so Dragon and Ice Type attacks do more damage but not sure if that is enough of a drawback. Also, I should have clarified that if the the Pokemon holding Dragon Armor is already weak to say Grass, dragon armor would make it that is does neutral. It only does 1/2 damage if they are neutral to it. So say a Pokemon like Seaking which is 2X weak Grass, with Dragon Armor it now tskes neutral damage from it. Also, a Pokemon like Quagsire which is 4X weak to Grass would take only 2X damage.
    Yes, that's how I imagined the item to work. I don't know about you, but having an item have to do with a whopping six types out of the current seventeen doesn't really jive well with me. o:

Not really since you have no control over which Item they use and they have to be out and be holding said item for Crystal Armor to take it's effect. Also you can be crippled by the opponent as well. So if your opponent had a Choice item and you don't know about it and they switch switch in and you use a move they are immune to or whatever you are now locked into that move.
    What I'm saying is that if Crystal Armor essentially copies whether or not the foe's hold item is permanent, it should also at least copy that of berries.

Yes, that's how I imagined the item to work. I don't know about you, but having an item have to do with a whopping six types out of the current seventeen doesn't really jive well with me. o:
    6? It only weakens 4. Grass, Fire, Water and Electric. But I can see the concern about this being to good, especially on certain pokemon. Idk any ideas?

What I'm saying is that if Crystal Armor essentially copies whether or not the foe's hold item is permanent, it should also at least copy that of berries.
    But then that would make Crystal Armor a one-time item and it will disappear after that's kinda why i made it so it can use it agian because if t is copying the item and you are still holding Crystal Armor it wouldn't really make much sense if it only copied it one time.

6? It only weakens 4. Grass, Fire, Water and Electric. But I can see the concern about this being to good, especially on certain pokemon. Idk any ideas?
    It'd be six if you incorporated that Ice- and Dragon-type weakness thing.

In any case, I honestly have no idea. I'd make the item mitigate Grass, Fire, Water, and Electric moves by 50% and then be used up, but it wouldn't really fit the description of an "armor" anymore. :/

But then that would make Crystal Armor a one-time item and it will disappear after that's kinda why i made it so it can use it agian because if t is copying the item and you are still holding Crystal Armor it wouldn't really make much sense if it only copied it one time.
    Hmm... in that case, there would be three options:

1) Make the item unable to copy berries. Since Natural Gift has a special flag that is only turned on if the user is holding a berry, the same flag could go for Crystal Armor's effect, too.
    2) Change the item to make it a disc, so that it wouldn't have the connotation of staying permanently latched onto the holding Pokémon. The disc or electronic device would take form of the foe's held berry.
    3) Oh well.

Of those, I like the first option the best.

It'd be six if you incorporated that Ice- and Dragon-type weakness thing.

In any case, I honestly have no idea. I'd make the item mitigate Grass, Fire, Water, and Electric moves by 50% and then be used up, but it wouldn't really fit the description of an "armor" anymore. :/
    How about if I made it so it weakens them by 10% instead? and not add on the Dragon and Ice thing?

Hmm... in that case, there would be three options:

1) Make the item unable to copy berries. Since Natural Gift has a special flag that is only turned on if the user is holding a berry, the same flag could go for Crystal Armor's effect, too.
    2) Change the item to make it a disc, so that it wouldn't have the connotation of staying permanently latched onto the holding Pokémon. The disc or electronic device would take form of the foe's held berry.
    3) Oh well.

Of those, I like the first option the best.
    lol at the 3rd option. I will definitely make it can't copy berries.

How about if I made it so it weakens them by 10% instead? and not add on the Dragon and Ice thing?

I will definitely make it can't copy berries.
    Both are excellent design choices. (:

New ability!

Detonate
    "Faints all Pokemon out in 5 Turns"

-The Pokemon with this ability and any other pokemon that is out at the end of the 5th turn will faint(including your own in a Double or Triple Battle). It resets if the Pokemon is switched out. So think of this like a Perish song in an ability. Something to note is that Damp would be able to get around this so if a Pokemon(s) with Damp is out, then the abilities effect cannot take place. If a Pokemon(s) with Damp were to leave the battle for whatever means, then if it has past 5 turns then Detonates effect will take place at the end of whatever turn the Pokemon(s) with Damp left the battle.

Distribution: Electrode line, Forretress line, Drifblim line

New ability!

Detonate
    "Faints all Pokemon out in 5 Turns"

-The Pokemon with this ability and any other pokemon that is out at the end of the 5th turn will faint(including your own in a Double or Triple Battle). It resets if the Pokemon is switched out. So think of this like a Perish song in an ability. Something to note is that Damp would be able to get around this so if a Pokemon(s) with Damp is out, then the abilities effect cannot take place. If a Pokemon(s) with Damp were to leave the battle for whatever means, then if it has past 5 turns then Detonates effect will take place at the end of whatever turn the Pokemon(s) with Damp left the battle.

Distribution: Electrode line, Forretress line, Drifblim line
    I'd say three turns for this effect is perfectly fine. After all, it gives your opponent plenty of time to switch their Pokémon out.

Damn I didn't notice that lol It seems great minds think alike :P

But there are some differences. Yours seems to rely on the Pokemon that were there before the 3 turns start while mine will faint whatever Pokemon comes in. So if they had out one Pokemon at the start of the "detonation" but then switched to another right before it was about to end, that Pokemon would faint instead.

Item: Chuta Berry
    Effect: If the Pokemon holding this enters the battlefield while Spikes, Stealth Rock, or Toxic Spikes are in play, the Berry is consumed and the effects of the hazards are ignored.

Pretty much had Volcarona in mind for this.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Damn I didn't notice that lol It seems great minds think alike :P

But there are some differences. Yours seems to rely on the Pokemon that were there before the 3 turns start while mine will faint whatever Pokemon comes in. So if they had out one Pokemon at the start of the "detonation" but then switched to another right before it was about to end, that Pokemon would faint instead.
    I know the differences between the two. Fortunately, though, the number of turns still applies for this, too. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Item: Chuta Berry
    Effect: If the Pokemon holding this enters the battlefield while Spikes, Stealth Rock, or Toxic Spikes are in play, the Berry is consumed and the effects of the hazards are ignored.

Pretty much had Volcarona in mind for this.
    So the berry is like a stress relief food that's eaten when the holding Pokémon is stressed about whether or not its life is going to end? :P

New item!
    Pointy Knife - Boosts pokemon's STAB moves by 20%
    This way, it it can help some pokemon with really shallow movepools, but not make it so overpowered that pokemon can rip through teams with their STAB attacks alone.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Page 68 of 88 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278 ... LastLast