Page 72 of 88 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374757682 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Just want to point out that nobody would ever use a Venom Drive due to Poison's notoriously horrible coverage. Maybe if it had a 30-40% Badly Poison chance, but only a 1/5 chance? Doesn't make it worth sacrificing that much coverage. Why not make a Grass or Fighting drive? Focus/Solar Drive maybe? I couldn't think of secondary effects, maybe stat drops...

Other than that, looks nice. 85 instead of 80, maybe.

Laughed pretty hard. Seriously, base stats are a bit broken, but other than that they're okay.
    Notice I never specified which tier they'd belong in.

Ability will be changed to takes 14/16 regular damage, for balance. Move has 15 point power drop.

And I enjoy completely ridiculous poked ex files.

My spell check suggestions does that ^.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    "japeon"'s sig move should be:

Jap

any japenese person playing with you will be so offended they leave the room.
    LMFAO! I know this is offensive but I couldn't help but laugh XD

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Ability will be changed to takes 14/16 regular damage, for balance. Move has 15 point power drop.
    The mitigation of 1/8 of a move's damage isn't very much if you consider the fact that there are relatively few ways to shut down the ability.

The 15-power drop, though, is good.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

So, tell me if you think this is overpowered.

Name: Static Field
    Type: Electric
    Category: Other / Entry hazard
    PP: Same as Stealth Rock.
    Effect: Upon switching in, opponents Pokemon take a 10 base power special Electric attack. This is calculated using the Static Field user's Sp. Atk stat. This move fails if Stealth Rock is already on the field and Stealth Rock fails if Static Field is on the field.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Effect: Upon switching in, opponents Pokemon take a 10 base power special Electric attack. This is calculated using the Static Field user's Sp. Atk stat. This move fails if Stealth Rock is already on the field and Stealth Rock fails if Static Field is on the field.
    See ya Gyarados. We had fun together for 15 long years. :V

Jokes aside, I don't think that this is broken. A Modest max Special Attack pokemon with base 120 Special Attack does up to 32.8% to 4 HP/0 SpD Neutral-natured Gyarados with this move, with STAB factored in (which is still a large amount for a sweeper). I doubt it would work, though.

New mascot legendary (Ubers):

Foxer, the Biomechanical Pokemon.

Pokedex entry: #148 Orion Dex (#797 National Dex).

Flavour text: "Created by Team Kupiter (Orion's evil organization) with the intent of evil, it is a emotionless monster that shows no respect to anything but itself and its master. It is second to only Mewtwo for such lack of empathy."

Appearance: Foxer looks like a huge firey biomechanical fox; its limbs are about 90% metal while its back is plated with metal and circuit conductors. The top of its head is also plated with metal, with slim conductors running to the corners of its eyes and metal fangs that protrude from both of its jaws to give it a fearsom look. Its shoulders have a large cannon built into them each, intended for firing molten lava or bombs. The tail and underside are free of visible iron plating. Foxer has two forms, Quadriped and Biped, which it can change at will (in the field, with a certain key item). Foxer is digitargade in Quadriped form to accommodate for its fast speed and plantargade in Biped form to gain a steady, stable view on targets.

Evolution chain: Foxer.

Type: Fire/ Steel.

Abilities:
    Intimidate/ Moxie (Hidden).

Base Stats:
    Quadriped Form (Foxer-Q):
    HP: 90.
    Attack: 95.
    Defence: 73.
    Special Attack: 95.
    Special Defence: 72.
    Speed: 255.
    BST: 680.

Biped form (Foxer-B):
    HP: 90.
    Attack: 170.
    Defence: 85.
    Special Attack: 170.
    Special Defence: 85.
    Speed: 80.

Some notable moves:
    Fire Blast, Flare Blitz, Flare Smash**, Sucker Punch, Earthquake, Wild Charge, Superpower**,
    Flash Cannon, Explosion.
    ** detnotes Move Tutor move.

Comments: Yes, I know that this is a broken legendary that is never going to see the light of OU, but that was what I was aiming for as a legendary mascot. It would be managable in Ubers, thanks to things like Kyogre, Heatran and Giratina running around the tier. Fun fact: it was originally made as a fanmade Mega Man boss.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.

I thought this was a competitive discussion, not to introduce completely new things lol.
    Kyurem-B should have a physical ice type move. That would give it two awesome STABS and would become much more common in OU.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Well since you can't have both Stealth Rocks and Static field then maybe but still 10% of certain Pokemon's Sp.attack can still be a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    I thought this was a competitive discussion, not to introduce completely new things lol.
    This thread is called "CREATE &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!" The point of it is you can create anything you want whether it be new moves, new pokemon, new abilities, new mechanics etc. As long as it's geared toward competitive play. For example making an ability like illuminate which only has an effect outside battle really isn't viable to make here. That's what the regular Create &/or Change Anything & Everything thread is for.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Given the fact that Stealth Rock and this can't coexist, I think it's fine. It's a bit impractical, though, as the damage varies between Pokémon based on their Sp. Def in addition to their type, which means that one Pokémon could take 1 damage from this, and another could be shocked for 100 or so (given the right situations).

Quote Originally Posted by justinjiaxinghu View Post
    Kyurem-B should have a physical ice type move. That would give it two awesome STABS and would become much more common in OU.
    Kyurem-B already has enough moves. Its shallow movepool is what keeps it out of Ubers, just like how Regigigas' ability keeps it in NU.

Anyone who says Kyurem needs more moves hasn't tried mixed Kyurem-B.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Some in-game abilities need a huge buff...

Run Away
    - Allows the user to switch out or escape from battle at all times. It is unaffected by Pursuit, Shadow Tag or Arena Trap.

Here's a new status:
    Drowsy
    - The Pokemon is affected at all times until it is switched. (See Attract)
    - There is a 50% chance of the Pokemon dozing off (immoblised).
    - The status is turned into Sleep after three turns. However, sleep will not take place if the pokemon is afflicted with another status ailment. (like Paralysis. Drowsy is more like.. a... Confusion, Attract - esque status, so it does stack with Paralysis. however if paralysis is on and 3 turns have passed, the drowsiness will be cancelled.)
    - Wake-Up Slap does twice the damage to a drowsy target, but removes the status.
    - Moves that cause Drowsiness: Yawn, Serenity
    - Pokemon with Immosniac is unaffected.

New Move
    Serenity (Flying)
    PP: 10/Power: 50/Accuracy: 90/Target: Selected Single Adjacent Foe/Category: Special
    The user sends out a serene breeze that might cause drowsiness (60%)

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

new item Supressor

Removes the holders ability but removes 1/16th of health each turn.

basically fairly simple idea behind this one an item to supress abilities like truant and slow start.

still not sure if this rule should be added- cannot be affected by trick or switcharoo.thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    new item SupressorRemoves the holders ability but removes 1/16th of health each turn.basically fairly simple idea behind this one an item to supress abilities like truant and slow start.still not sure if this rule should be added- cannot be affected by trick or switcharoo.thoughts?
    Probably 1/10th of max HP, like a Life Orb. Also, I think it should be Trick-able.

Probably 1/10th of max HP, like a Life Orb. Also, I think it should be Trick-able.
    that certainly could work.1/10th of max hp seems fair.The only reason i considered not having it trickable was because as an offensive trick(one intentinally give to the opposition) item it would remove a pokemon's ability and take damge wasn't sure if that would be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Some in-game abilities need a huge buff...

Run Away
    - Allows the user to switch out or escape from battle at all times. It is unaffected by Pursuit, Shadow Tag or Arena Trap.

Here's a new status:
    Drowsy
    - The Pokemon is affected at all times until it is switched. (See Attract)
    - There is a 50% chance of the Pokemon dozing off (immoblised).
    - The status is turned into Sleep after three turns. However, sleep will not take place if the pokemon is afflicted with another status ailment. (like Paralysis. Drowsy is more like.. a... Confusion, Attract - esque status, so it does stack with Paralysis. however if paralysis is on and 3 turns have passed, the drowsiness will be cancelled.)
    - Wake-Up Slap does twice the damage to a drowsy target, but removes the status.
    - Moves that cause Drowsiness: Yawn, Serenity
    - Pokemon with Immosniac is unaffected.

New Move
    Serenity (Flying)
    PP: 10/Power: 50/Accuracy: 90/Target: Selected Single Adjacent Foe/Category: Special
    The user sends out a serene breeze that might cause drowsiness (60%)
    Run Away - Sure. Pursuit should still affect it, though, because Pursuit's special effect is triggered by its target switching. It shouldn't do double damage, though.

Drowsiness status - Also fine, but I think it shouldn't work if a Pokémon that already has a non-volatile status ailment would be affected with this.

Serenity - Even if the status isn't too hindering, a 60% chance to inflict it is slightly too high. 40%, though, works fine for a move with such low power.

new item Supressor

Removes the holders ability but removes 1/16th of health each turn.

basically fairly simple idea behind this one an item to supress abilities like truant and slow start.

still not sure if this rule should be added- cannot be affected by trick or switcharoo.thoughts?
    It should be able to be Tricked and Switcheroo'd to increase interactivity. If your Magic Guard Reuniclus with a Flame Orb is facing a Slaking with a Suppressor, your Reuniclus should be able to use Trick to both benefit itself and hinder the foe.

Oh yeah, and to prevent abuse, it should be 1/8 HP. Slaking, after all, has Slack Off to restore its health.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Run Away - Sure. Pursuit should still affect it, though, because Pursuit's special effect is triggered by its target switching. It shouldn't do double damage, though.

Drowsiness status - Also fine, but I think it shouldn't work if a Pokémon that already has a non-volatile status ailment would be affected with this.

Serenity - Even if the status isn't too hindering, a 60% chance to inflict it is slightly too high. 40%, though, works fine for a move with such low power.

It should be able to be Tricked and Switcheroo'd to increase interactivity. If your Magic Guard Reuniclus with a Flame Orb is facing a Slaking with a Suppressor, your Reuniclus should be able to use Trick to both benefit itself and hinder the foe.

Oh yeah, and to prevent abuse, it should be 1/8 HP. Slaking, after all, has Slack Off to restore its health.
    ah yeah i forgot about slack off 1/8 would be fine.

New move: Sluggish room
    Type:Psychic
    Effect: Moves with a lower priority move before a high priority
    Example: CB Sciz vs. Bandy Terrakion under Sluggish Room, Sciz goes second when using Bullet Punch while Terrakion goes for the CC.

Get the idea?

Thank you based Turpoo

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu725 View Post
    Example: CB Sciz vs. Bandy Terrakion under Sluggish Room, Sciz goes second when using Bullet Punch while Terrakion goes for the CC.

Get the idea?
    Interesting but that would probably make Roar overpowerd lolz.
    Credit to Astral Shadow!

Get the idea?
    i get the idea but whatt about if two pokemon use moves of the same priority would they be unaffected?

i get the idea but whatt about if two pokemon use moves of the same priority would they be unaffected?
    Same as always. Higher speed moves first.

Move update (as much as I ****ing hate them):

Dig

Click dig to go underground. Click dig again to attack as normal, click any other move to end the "burrowed underground", and use that move instead.instead of the vanilla 80bp ground attack.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Get the idea?
    Moves have their respective priorities for a reason, though. Flipping the priority table on its head completely defeats its purpose.
    Many moves have adjusted priority to either balance their power (Roar, Counter, Avalanche) or because it's required for the move to actually work (Quick Attack, Protect, Sucker Punch). Moves that fit the former would be under a ban in conjunction with Sluggish Room; just get your lead to use Stealth Rocks, and then Roar away.

Same as always. Higher speed moves first.

Move update (as much as I ****ing hate them):

Dig

Click dig to go underground. Click dig again to attack as normal, click any other move to end the "burrowed underground", and use that move instead.instead of the vanilla 80bp ground attack.
    If anything, Fly should be like that, too.

But at this point, a Pokémon with Dig pretty much has five move slots. Dig would be able to both function as a Protect as well as an actual attack. And since Dig isn't Protect, a Pokémon would be able to use Dig, then Protect, then Dig, then Protect, then Dig, then Protect, and on and on and on.

Ready for more of my stuff?

Updated ability:

Unburden.

Old effect: Doubles speed when the pokemon's held item is consumed. Wears off when the pokemon switches.

New effect: Doubles speed whenever the pokemon isn't holding an item (Like in PMD).

Comments: Unburden had a narrow trigger condition with poor distribution. We also need more set-up sweeper counters, which Unburden helps in creating. However, this is likely to boot abusers like Sceptile out of RU. Also, I am a big PMD fan. If this seems broken, I can make it 1.5x speed instead of 2x.

New move:

Reverse Room(N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 5 PP, status, affects whole field, -6 priority, Psychic type).

Flavour text: "The user employs its psychic energy to create a contradictory room that reverses the effects of items, abilities, status conditions and secondary move effects. Some abilities, moves and status are unaffected. It fades away after 5 turns."

In-depth effect: It creates a field effect that reverses the effects of most items, abilities, status conditions and secondary move effects for 5 turns. Exceptions include Confusion, Infatuation, Sleep, Freeze, Truant, moves that cause recharge recoil (Blast Burn, Roar of Time, etc...) due to their effects being unable to be reversed effectively. For example, Life Orb would recover 10% health per turn but reduce the move's power by 16.5% (the opposite of the boost that Life Orb gives). Sheer Force would result in a 16.5% drop in attack instead of a 33% increase. Paralysis would result in 4x Speed, but the chance of not moving remains.

Distribution: Same as Trick Room.

Comments: Something that I've been toying with over the past few days. ATM, I'm unsure wherever it would be broken or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Moves have their respective priorities for a reason, though. Flipping the priority table on its head completely defeats its purpose.
    Many moves have adjusted priority to either balance their power (Roar, Counter, Avalanche) or because it's required for the move to actually work (Quick Attack, Protect, Sucker Punch). Moves that fit the former would be under a ban in conjunction with Sluggish Room; just get your lead to use Stealth Rocks, and then Roar away.

If anything, Fly should be like that, too.

But at this point, a Pokémon with Dig pretty much has five move slots. Dig would be able to both function as a Protect as well as an actual attack. And since Dig isn't Protect, a Pokémon would be able to use Dig, then Protect, then Dig, then Protect, then Dig, then Protect, and on and on and on.
    i forgot to write everything. it only lets you pick an attacking move. not a other move.

and to the above poster, moves like blast burn, roar of time, could be like skull bash. delay when using it, gets to attack next turn.

So I've been screwing around on PMD2 with my friends AR again and I decided to turn my starter into Azelf for no apparent reason whatsoever other than that Azelf is badass. Anyways, that's not the point. The point is, in PMD Imprison is the most retardedly broken thing ever, yet in the mainstrean Pokemon games it's almost useless. It needs a buff, so I thought of this.

Name: Imprison
    Type: Psychic
    Category: Other
    Flavour text: The user employs its psychic power to stop the opponent from moving. Fails if used in succession.
    Priority: +5
    Effect: The opponent cannot use its move. Like Protect/Detect, the chance of this move failing increases by 50% per successive use.
    PP: 5/8

So, basically, Protect is set-up bait, Imprison stops your opponent from setting up on that turn. However, unlike Protect, Imprison's distribution is terrible, so I don't think it would be overpowered.

Yvaltal's stats and stuff:

Typing: Psychic/Dark
    Stats:

HP 100
    Attack: 135
    Defense: 100
    Sp attack: 85
    Sp defense: 100
    Speed: 80

Xerneas

Typing: Grass
    Stats: