Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

  1. #1801
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Nah, their BST needs to be higher unless you're actually trying to keep them out of Ubers.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  2. #1802
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Nah, their BST needs to be higher unless you're actually trying to keep them out of Ubers.
    *facedesk* your right, I probably could increase there speeds by 40 each and dump the rest of the 40 into some other stats.

  3. #1803
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    2,106

    Default

    Xerneas reminds me of Grass/Steel or maybe Grass/Fighting to be honest. Yvatala-something reminds me of Dark/Flying.

    Revamped Attacks:

    Charge: The user stores electricity, raising Special Defense. Electric moves will strike first the following turn.
    Howl: The user lets out a loose howl, raising attack. Dark type moves will strike first the following turn.

    AT +1 priority nonetheless.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  4. #1804
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Updated ability:
    Unburden.
    Old effect: Doubles speed when the pokemon's held item is consumed. Wears off when the pokemon switches.
    New effect: Doubles speed whenever the pokemon isn't holding an item (Like in PMD).
    Comments: Unburden had a narrow trigger condition with poor distribution. We also need more set-up sweeper counters, which Unburden helps in creating. However, this is likely to boot abusers like Sceptile out of RU. Also, I am a big PMD fan. If this seems broken, I can make it 1.5x speed instead of 2x.

    New move:
    Reverse Room(N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 5 PP, status, affects whole field, -6 priority, Psychic type).
    Flavour text: "The user employs its psychic energy to create a contradictory room that reverses the effects of items, abilities, status conditions and secondary move effects. Some abilities, moves and status are unaffected. It fades away after 5 turns."
    In-depth effect: It creates a field effect that reverses the effects of most items, abilities, status conditions and secondary move effects for 5 turns. Exceptions include Confusion, Infatuation, Sleep, Freeze, Truant, moves that cause recharge recoil (Blast Burn, Roar of Time, etc...) due to their effects being unable to be reversed effectively. For example, Life Orb would recover 10% health per turn but reduce the move's power by 16.5% (the opposite of the boost that Life Orb gives). Sheer Force would result in a 16.5% drop in attack instead of a 33% increase. Paralysis would result in 4x Speed, but the chance of not moving remains.
    Distribution: Same as Trick Room.
    Comments: Something that I've been toying with over the past few days. ATM, I'm unsure wherever it would be broken or not.
    Unburden - Given the fact that this ability can have a team built entirely around it, it's a bit too strong for my tastes. Although I don't really know how to change it without re-implementing the narrow trigger condition.

    Reverse Room -
    First, -7 priority.
    Second, this is another one of those moves whose entire idea involves so much swinginess that I don't think it would see practical implementation in the game. Entire teams would be built around this (a bunch of Toxic Orbs to prevent poison damage, etc.), which would potentially make the move super-broken.

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Name: Imprison
    Type: Psychic
    Category: Other
    Flavour text: The user employs its psychic power to stop the opponent from moving. Fails if used in succession.
    Priority: +5
    Effect: The opponent cannot use its move. Like Protect/Detect, the chance of this move failing increases by 50% per successive use.
    PP: 5/8

    So, basically, Protect is set-up bait, Imprison stops your opponent from setting up on that turn. However, unlike Protect, Imprison's distribution is terrible, so I don't think it would be overpowered.
    The only part I don't really like about this move is that it's completely unusable in Singles. A move with an effect that doesn't explicitly mention "allies" or "all foes" or something like that should be at least somewhat usable in Singles with at least some non-between-turns end result.

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Charge: The user stores electricity, raising Special Defense. Electric moves will strike first the following turn.
    Howl: The user lets out a loose howl, raising attack. Dark type moves will strike first the following turn.

    AT +1 priority nonetheless.
    Charge - Charge already increases the power of the next Electric-type move used by the user. That's enough of a bonus to warrant Electric-type moves not needing to strike first the next turn.

    Howl - This is fine, because Howl doesn't have any other benefit than raising Attack.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  5. #1805
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    The only part I don't really like about this move is that it's completely unusable in Singles. A move with an effect that doesn't explicitly mention "allies" or "all foes" or something like that should be at least somewhat usable in Singles with at least some non-between-turns end result.
    I'm sorry, I don't understand this... It's like a Protect that stops your opponent from using that turn to set up. It's a free turn of Leftovers recovery for you or Toxic/weather damage for your opponent. If anything it's not viable in doubles.

    Using your argument, nobody should run Protect but yet a lot of stall-based Pokemon like Tentacruel and Wallrein (yes, the second "l" was intentional) do anyways.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  6. #1806
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Unburden - Given the fact that this ability can have a team built entirely around it, it's a bit too strong for my tastes. Although I don't really know how to change it without re-implementing the narrow trigger condition.
    Thanks. Changing it to 1.5x speed instead.

    Reverse Room -
    First, -7 priority.
    Second, this is another one of those moves whose entire idea involves so much swinginess that I don't think it would see practical implementation in the game. Entire teams would be built around this (a bunch of Toxic Orbs to prevent poison damage, etc.), which would potentially make the move super-broken.
    True, but I thought it was only getting extremely broken when I put in the status part of it. Pretty much everything else other than V-Create, Leaf Storm/Overheat/Draco Meteor, Close Combat and Slow Start would be balanced in the room when I remove the status part of it. Keep in mind that, like Trick Room, strategies involving it would be very vulnerable to Dual Screens and SubProtect. I still see a lot of room for abuse, though (Terrakion and Victini possibly getting banned with Regigigas jumping right into OU). I dunoo how to revamp it, though.



    New Move:

    Mystery Room (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 5 PP, status, affects whole field, -7 priority, Psychic type).

    Flavor text: "The user employs its psychic powers to create a mysterious room that nullifies all type immunities for 5 turns."

    In-Depth effect: Applies a field effect that nullifies all type immunities for 5 turns, including the turn it is used on. Cancels out Trick Room, Wonder Room, etc... All type immunities become neutral (ie. Ghost hits Normal for neutral damage in the room).

    Distribution: Same as Trick Room.

    Comments: Another type of room. This time, it is simpler because the all it does is eliminate type immunities and replace them with neutralities.

  7. #1807
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't understand this... It's like a Protect that stops your opponent from using that turn to set up. It's a free turn of Leftovers recovery for you or Toxic/weather damage for your opponent. If anything it's not viable in doubles.

    Using your argument, nobody should run Protect but yet a lot of stall-based Pokemon like Tentacruel and Wallrein (yes, the second "l" was intentional) do anyways.
    Protect is sort of different in that it makes all Pokémon that target the user with a single-target move waste their PP in addition.

    I should mention that combining this with Protect would be really unfun. Since these two have different priorities, a Pokémon would be able to use Imprison to prevent setup, then Protect to protect against a possible attack, then Imprison again to prevent setup or an attack, then Protect again to prevent an attack... and on and on and on. This loop itself doesn't do anything, yes, but it can always be built around (Tricking a Toxic Orb or what have you).

    In Doubles, the Pokémon with Imprison would be able to use it on the more threatening or combo-enabling Pokémon, then the other Pokémon would be able to use whatever to faint the Imprisoned Pokémon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Thanks. Changing it to 1.5x speed instead.
    Seems good.

    True, but I thought it was only getting extremely broken when I put in the status part of it. Pretty much everything else other than V-Create, Leaf Storm/Overheat/Draco Meteor, Close Combat and Slow Start would be balanced in the room when I remove the status part of it. Keep in mind that, like Trick Room, strategies involving it would be very vulnerable to Dual Screens and SubProtect. I still see a lot of room for abuse, though (Terrakion and Victini possibly getting banned with Regigigas jumping right into OU). I dunoo how to revamp it, though.
    Yeah, I don't really know how to revamp it, either. But if it's unedited, it would be super-broken. :/

    New Move:
    Mystery Room (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 5 PP, status, affects whole field, -7 priority, Psychic type).
    Flavor text: "The user employs its psychic powers to create a mysterious room that nullifies all type immunities for 5 turns."
    In-Depth effect: Applies a field effect that nullifies all type immunities for 5 turns, including the turn it is used on. Cancels out Trick Room, Wonder Room, etc... All type immunities become neutral (ie. Ghost hits Normal for neutral damage in the room).
    Distribution: Same as Trick Room.
    Comments: Another type of room. This time, it is simpler because the all it does is eliminate type immunities and replace them with neutralities.
    Trick Room used when Wonder Room is active doesn't cancel Wonder Room. I'm not sure if you overlooked that, or whether or not you intended to say that a change would be that each of these Rooms would be mutually exclusive.

    In terms of the effect itself, the move seems pretty nice.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  8. #1808
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Protect is sort of different in that it makes all Pokémon that target the user with a single-target move waste their PP in addition.

    I should mention that combining this with Protect would be really unfun. Since these two have different priorities, a Pokémon would be able to use Imprison to prevent setup, then Protect to protect against a possible attack, then Imprison again to prevent setup or an attack, then Protect again to prevent an attack... and on and on and on. This loop itself doesn't do anything, yes, but it can always be built around (Tricking a Toxic Orb or what have you).

    Well, like I said, if anything that makes it less viable in Doubles.

    What you said about Protect + Imprison is true though... The priority should match Protect, first of all, so +4. Also, the chance of failing should stack with Protect and Detect so if you use Protect twice and then Imprison you're almost guaranteed to fail. Also, as a Psychic attack I was thinking it should fail on Dark types.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  9. #1809
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Well, like I said, if anything that makes it less viable in Doubles.

    What you said about Protect + Imprison is true though... The priority should match Protect, first of all, so +4. Also, the chance of failing should stack with Protect and Detect so if you use Protect twice and then Imprison you're almost guaranteed to fail. Also, as a Psychic attack I was thinking it should fail on Dark types.
    Hmm. Making the priority match that of Protect would sort of defeat the purpose of the move entirely, from what I see. If the point of the move is to prevent the targeted Pokémon from actually doing anything on that turn, then it should prevent Pokémon from using Protect and Detect as well. In order for that to happen, though, Imprison would have to have a greater priority than Protect.

    But in order for that to happen, Imprison and Protect wouldn't be able to have the same successive-use failure thing.

    Endure, Protect, and Detect (and by extension Wide Guard and Quick Guard, because they are variants of Protect and Detect) share the same successive-use failure rule even at different priorities, though, because they were in the same priority prior to the fifth generation. :/
    That actually isn't the reason, but the end result is the same.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  10. #1810
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Hmm. Making the priority match that of Protect would sort of defeat the purpose of the move entirely, from what I see. If the point of the move is to prevent the targeted Pokémon from actually doing anything on that turn, then it should prevent Pokémon from using Protect and Detect as well. In order for that to happen, though, Imprison would have to have a greater priority than Protect.

    But in order for that to happen, Imprison and Protect wouldn't be able to have the same successive-use failure thing.

    Endure, Protect, and Detect (and by extension Wide Guard and Quick Guard, because they are variants of Protect and Detect) share the same successive-use failure rule even at different priorities, though, because they were in the same priority prior to the fifth generation. :/
    That actually isn't the reason, but the end result is the same.
    Huh. I think either I'm misunderstanding you or vice versa, so here's an example.


    Pokemon 1 chooses Sword's Dance, Pokemon 2 chooses Protect.

    Pokemon 2 used Protect! It protected itself!

    Pokemon 1 used Sword's Dance! It's attack rose sharply!

    As you can see, Pokemon 1 took advantage of Protect to set up.

    Now, with Imprison...

    Pokemon 2 used Imprison! Pokemon 1 is unable to move!

    Pokemon 1 could not move!

    So it stops your opponent from attacking you, while at the same time stopping them from setting up using that turn.


    You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

  11. #1811

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Huh. I think either I'm misunderstanding you or vice versa, so here's an example.


    Pokemon 1 chooses Sword's Dance, Pokemon 2 chooses Protect.

    Pokemon 2 used Protect! It protected itself!

    Pokemon 1 used Sword's Dance! It's attack rose sharply!

    As you can see, Pokemon 1 took advantage of Protect to set up.

    Now, with Imprison...

    Pokemon 2 used Imprison! Pokemon 1 is unable to move!

    Pokemon 1 could not move!

    So it stops your opponent from attacking you, while at the same time stopping them from setting up using that turn.
    It seems a little broken, though.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  12. #1812
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Huh. I think either I'm misunderstanding you or vice versa, so here's an example.


    Pokemon 1 chooses Sword's Dance, Pokemon 2 chooses Protect.

    Pokemon 2 used Protect! It protected itself!

    Pokemon 1 used Sword's Dance! It's attack rose sharply!

    As you can see, Pokemon 1 took advantage of Protect to set up.

    Now, with Imprison...

    Pokemon 2 used Imprison! Pokemon 1 is unable to move!

    Pokemon 1 could not move!

    So it stops your opponent from attacking you, while at the same time stopping them from setting up using that turn.
    That's if the Pokémon with Imprison is targeting a Pokémon that is about to use Protect.

    Consider the following scenario, with A and B against C and D:
    Turn 0-1: A selects Imprison, B selects Flamethrower. C selects Protect. D selects Explosion.
    Turn 1: A used Imprison on C! C is unable to move! B used Flamethrower on C! D used Explosion!

    I know what the move you propose is trying to do. But if it has the intent of also stopping Protect, it wouldn't be able to have the same "successive-use fail" check.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  13. #1813
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Modified item:

    Metronome.

    Modification: Metronome now activates when any multi-hit attack is used for each hit, just like how individual hits can score critical hits.
    If that's not possible, then set the Metronome multiplier stage to how many hits the multi-hit attack scored. Note: The Metronome multiplier still does not go above 2.00x (Stage 10).

    Example battle (assuming that the Metronome multiplier starts out at 0):
        Spoiler:- Example Battle:


    Comments: Metronome is a really underpowered item, only giving minor boosts in power to a move when it is used in consecutive turns, not accounting for multi-hit attacks. This version accounts for multi-hit attacks to make it more usable, particularly in the hands of Skill Link abusers. However I fear that this may send Cloyster, who is a brutal Skill Link abuser with Shell Smash under its belt, to Ubers because after a Shell Smash, not very much bar Vacuum Wave Infernape or Scarf Terrakion (who may not even outspeed) will be able to stop the increasing strength of its Metronome boosted Rock Blast/ Icicle Spear. At least it would put Cinccino into higher tiers and possibly give it a shot at OU.



    New Ability:

    Limitless:

    Flavour text: "The user does not take power limits into account."

    In-Depth effect: The user ignores any limits imposed onto moves with a variable Base Power that are not defined by the formula.

    Notable users:
    • Shuckle: Now it gets a decent attacking move to throw around to possibly allow it to leave NU. And no, Ferrothorn will not get it.


    Comments: This would make it that moves like Gyro Ball and Water Spout could get insanely overpowered, Right? Well, sort of. When I say "not defined by the formula" in the in-depth effect, that means any arbitrary power cap is removed from the move. However, Water Spout will never exceed 150 Base Power because the formula for determining its BP is based on the percentage of the user's HP but Gyro Ball can exceed its 150 BP power cap because the BP formula for that can go above 150 BP, just that it is limited to 150 BP by the game. With its current effects; this only affects two moves, Gyro Ball and Punishment (its BP is arbitrarily capped at 200). It may affect Electro Ball, but I don't know the formula to it.

  14. #1814
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    On top of the world
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Modified item:

    Metronome.

    Modification: Metronome now activates when any multi-hit attack is used for each hit, just like how individual hits can score critical hits.
    If that's not possible, then set the Metronome multiplier stage to how many hits the multi-hit attack scored. Note: The Metronome multiplier still does not go above 2.00x (Stage 10).

    Example battle (assuming that the Metronome multiplier starts out at 0):
        Spoiler:- Example Battle:


    Comments: Metronome is a really underpowered item, only giving minor boosts in power to a move when it is used in consecutive turns, not accounting for multi-hit attacks. This version accounts for multi-hit attacks to make it more usable, particularly in the hands of Skill Link abusers. However I fear that this may send Cloyster, who is a brutal Skill Link abuser with Shell Smash under its belt, to Ubers because after a Shell Smash, not very much bar Vacuum Wave Infernape or Scarf Terrakion (who may not even outspeed) will be able to stop the increasing strength of its Metronome boosted Rock Blast/ Icicle Spear. At least it would put Cinccino into higher tiers and possibly give it a shot at OU.
    The second modification would probably be better emplaced. And I do see the Cloyster point, but Metronome would mean it would have to give up its precious Focus Sash / White Herb, which would balance it somewhat. It'd certainly improve its usage, that's for sure, though I'm not confident it'd go to Ubers, especially with many counters already walking around.
    Keep in mind that sometimes he has to go Rock Blast to kill something he otherwise couldn't, which would reset the Metronome.
    I HAVE QUIT COMPETITIVE POKEMON UNTIL X&Y

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Li
    You can try to frame it with negative words like “taking a game too seriously,” but passion is passion. If you don’t have something you strive to be excellent at, then you aren’t living at all. Everyone should have something that he or she takes “too seriously.”
        Spoiler:- In Memory of the Greatest Clans Ever to Grace Serebii:

  15. #1815

    Default

    How about a new mechanic, boosting ice type's def in hail by half, like it was gonna in gen 5?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

  16. #1816
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    How about a new mechanic, boosting ice type's def in hail by half, like it was gonna in gen 5?
    Definitely, along with Steel and Ground in the Sand to go alongside.

  17. #1817
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Luminoise City
    Posts
    313

    Default



    ok these are a new pokemon grass starter.
    palmdien to trekzard to terrasaur
    terrasaurs base stats
    hp 90
    attack 120
    def 85
    special attack 100
    spe def 85
    speed 120

    ability overgrow, technition (dw)

    he is grass fighting type

    lv15 razor shell
    lv20 mach punch
    lv26 crunch
    lv36arm thrust
    lv49 seed bomb
    lv56 forest cry

    forest cry grass physical
    90 damage high critical hit ratio


    well thats the new pokemon i made. i have a really cool picture i drew of him but i cant upload it for some reason

    Edit here is the picture

    Attachment 7733


  18. #1818
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The Old West
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    hp 90
    attack 120
    def 85
    special attack 100
    spe def 85
    speed 120

    ability overgrow, technition (dw)
    Well, this pokemon is a grass starter, not a pseudo-legendary. It actually wouldn't be a bad pseudo-legend at all, but I don't think a starter will ever get stats like that. Let's nerf it a bit to make it's BST a bit closer to it's other starter friends.

    HP: 90
    Att: 120
    Def: 70
    Sp.att: 90
    Sp.def: 70
    Speed: 110
    BST: 540
    well thats the new pokemon i made. i have a really cool picture i drew of him but i cant upload it for some reason

    Edit here is the picture

    Attachment 7733
    Not competitive....but that picture is not bad at all. Good work.

    Edit:
    New Type: Magic
    Is resistant to: Fire, Water, Electric, Ghost, Psychic, Fighting.
    It's fighting resistance is similar to psychic types, while fire, water, psychic, and electric resistance show it's superior abilities in special powers.

    Is weak to: Dragon, Steel, Ice, Ghost.
    Dragon types are mythical creatures, and likewise, have more powerful magic abilities, allowing them to overpower this pokemon type's special tricks. Steel and ice act as mirrors, and deflects this types special abilities. And ghost fight magic with magic.

    Is super effective against: Ghost types.
    Magicians fight ghost magic with magic.

    Is resisted by: Dragon types.
    They beat it at it's own game.

    Is unable to harm: Ice types, Steel types.
    They both have shiny surfaces, and act as mirrors.

    Mr.Mime, Clefable, Musharna and Cofagrigus now carry this as a secondary type. Togepi, Togetic, and Togekiss now are magic type rather than normal type. Rather than direct attacking moves, most magic attacks carry special tricks or gimmicks. The effects or side effects are usually minor, so nothing too game breaking. I may get to this later.

    Ice types are now resistant to water, and land super effective blows to it. After all, fish can't really swim all that well if their lake is completely frozen.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

  19. #1819
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,757

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Modified item:
    Modification: Metronome now activates when any multi-hit attack is used for each hit, just like how individual hits can score critical hits.
    If that's not possible, then set the Metronome multiplier stage to how many hits the multi-hit attack scored. Note: The Metronome multiplier still does not go above 2.00x (Stage 10).

    Example battle (assuming that the Metronome multiplier starts out at 0):
        Spoiler:- Example Battle:


    Comments: Metronome is a really underpowered item, only giving minor boosts in power to a move when it is used in consecutive turns, not accounting for multi-hit attacks. This version accounts for multi-hit attacks to make it more usable, particularly in the hands of Skill Link abusers. However I fear that this may send Cloyster, who is a brutal Skill Link abuser with Shell Smash under its belt, to Ubers because after a Shell Smash, not very much bar Vacuum Wave Infernape or Scarf Terrakion (who may not even outspeed) will be able to stop the increasing strength of its Metronome boosted Rock Blast/ Icicle Spear. At least it would put Cinccino into higher tiers and possibly give it a shot at OU.
    This change is fine, in my opinion. Since Metronome gets its boost from the number of consecutive moves used in the first place, I'd say the second seems slightly more fitting for the item.

    New Ability:
    Limitless:
    Flavour text: "The user does not take power limits into account."
    In-Depth effect: The user ignores any limits imposed onto moves with a variable Base Power that are not defined by the formula.
    Notable users:
    • Shuckle: Now it gets a decent attacking move to throw around to possibly allow it to leave NU. And no, Ferrothorn will not get it.

    Comments: This would make it that moves like Gyro Ball and Water Spout could get insanely overpowered, Right? Well, sort of. When I say "not defined by the formula" in the in-depth effect, that means any arbitrary power cap is removed from the move. However, Water Spout will never exceed 150 Base Power because the formula for determining its BP is based on the percentage of the user's HP but Gyro Ball can exceed its 150 BP power cap because the BP formula for that can go above 150 BP, just that it is limited to 150 BP by the game. With its current effects; this only affects two moves, Gyro Ball and Punishment (its BP is arbitrarily capped at 200). It may affect Electro Ball, but I don't know the formula to it.
    Many moves have arbitrary base power caps within formulas to ensure balance. That, and the game doesn't make any special "markers" for whether or not a move has an arbitrary formula-based base power cap.

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    Definitely, along with Steel and Ground in the Sand to go alongside.
    As intuitive as this would be, this would make sand significantly more powerful than it already is. Pokémon like Onix would get x2.25 Sp. Def at this point.

    The Ice type getting a Hail bonus is a response not because hail benefits Ice-type Pokémon, but because the Ice type doesn't get the same treatment in Hail as the Rock type in Sand. For the Ice type to get a 50% Defense bonus would balance out sand and hail, but for the Ground and Steel types to also get Rock's 50% Sp. Def bonus would re-unbalance the two types again.

    Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    forest cry grass physical
    90 damage high critical hit ratio
    Leaf Blade.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    New Type: Magic
    Is resistant to: Fire, Water, Electric, Ghost, Psychic, Fighting.
    It's fighting resistance is similar to psychic types, while fire, water, psychic, and electric resistance show it's superior abilities in special powers.

    Is weak to: Dragon, Steel, Ice, Ghost.
    Dragon types are mythical creatures, and likewise, have more powerful magic abilities, allowing them to overpower this pokemon type's special tricks. Steel and ice act as mirrors, and deflects this types special abilities. And ghost fight magic with magic.

    Is super effective against: Ghost types.
    Magicians fight ghost magic with magic.

    Is resisted by: Dragon types.
    They beat it at it's own game.

    Is unable to harm: Ice types, Steel types.
    They both have shiny surfaces, and act as mirrors.

    Mr.Mime, Clefable, Musharna and Cofagrigus now carry this as a secondary type. Togepi, Togetic, and Togekiss now are magic type rather than normal type. Rather than direct attacking moves, most magic attacks carry special tricks or gimmicks. The effects or side effects are usually minor, so nothing too game breaking. I may get to this later.

    Ice types are now resistant to water, and land super effective blows to it. After all, fish can't really swim all that well if their lake is completely frozen.
    The type as a whole seems fine, even though it's arguably flavorfully not needed. The Ice-type modification is alright.
    Unless I'm missing something, it would be able to replace Grass in the starter trio.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  20. #1820
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Luminoise City
    Posts
    313

    Default

    leaf blade lol

    haha thats funny i didnt even think of that. But i think the pokemon could work...


  21. #1821
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    A white Van with no windows...
    Posts
    3,840

    Default

    The Beta Turtle from GSC.

    Act's as a Special counterpart to Torkoal in NU

    Snapshoal
    Water

    HP 70
    ATK 85
    DEF 70
    SPA 85
    SPD 140
    SPE 20

    Start Water Gun
    4 Moss Over*
    7 Withdraw
    12 Curse
    17 Whirlpool
    20 Mist
    23 Rapid Spin
    28 Water Pulse
    33 Body Slam
    36 Protect
    39 Muddy Water
    44 Crunch
    49 Amnesia
    52 Flail
    55 Water Spout
    60 Hydro Pump
    65 Shell Smash

    EGG
    Water Spout
    Aqua Jet
    Endure
    Fissure
    Skull Bash
    Sleep Talk
    Yawn

    Notable TMs
    Protect, Earthquake, Surf, Ice Beam, Explosion, and Gyro Ball

    *Moss Over
    Status
    Grass
    The user layers a coat of moss onto the target, will lower speed and may soak(50%).

  22. #1822
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    80

    Default

    New pokemon (Starter):

    Aqumattus, the Hydroelectic Pokemon.

    Pokedex entry: #009 Orion Dex (#658 National Dex).

    Flavour text: "Hunting in murky rivers and lakes, it uses it's electrically-charged whiskers to create a map of the waterways. It has long history of helping people navigate Orion's waterways"

    Appearance: A large, bluish cat creature bearing fish-like fins on the back of its feet, sides of its head and its tail. It has a long tail and digitargde legs, enabling it to run fast on land. It has a streamlined figure, not unlike that of a cheetah. It's whiskers constantly stand on end, where the electric charge is coming from. Its toes are webbed.

    Evolution chain: Osmiky (Basic, Water) -> Felidro (level 16, Water)-> Aqumattus (Level 34, Water/Electric).

    Type: Water/ Electric.

    Abilities: Torrent/ Motor Drive (Hidden).

    Base Stats:
    HP: 85.
    Attack: 72.
    Defense: 79.
    Special Attack: 102.
    Special Defense: 83.
    Speed: 109.
    BST: 530.

    Some notable moves:
    Hydro Pump, Thunder Wave, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Discharge, Scald, Calm Mind, Nasty Plot.

    Comments: Orion's fully-evolved Water starter. Because we had three straight gens of slow water starters, I decided to make a fast one for a change. Also, this starter trio is based on pets and that some cats actually dive into water.

  23. #1823
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    That way
    Posts
    6,779

    Default

    New Ability: Dust Dine

    Flavor Text see what I did there?: Heals 1/16 in a SandStorm.

    Distribution: Hippowdon, Cacturne, Flygon, Claydol.

  24. #1824
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    80

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    New Ability: Dust Dine

    Flavor Text see what I did there?: Heals 1/16 in a SandStorm.

    Distribution: Hippowdon, Cacturne, Flygon, Claydol.
    Not bad, being a sand version of Rain Dish. Leave it at that because Sand already has enough power.

  25. #1825
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Remember the Light Ball? That items crazily makes Pikachu's attack stats (both physical and special) skyrocket that rivals a lot of pokemon!

    What if we make ideas as to what are the items that may come at this new generation?

    For the Ledian family - Iron Lance. This item sharply increases increases its base attack and defense stats (both physical and special) but its base speed stat becomes 25 (REALLY SLOW HUH?). See Timegate Traveler from Pokestar studios

    For Plusle and Minun - Pom Poms. Ups all of the users base stats by 20. applicable to Plusle and Minun only. (they are the cheering pokemon after all)

    For many butterfly pokemon (other bug types like moths and spiders are not included) - Glittery Star. Destroys hazards upon entering the battle at the cost of one physical attack and defense drop.

    For pure normal type pokemon only (without secondary type) - Joy Globe. Absorbs Fighting type moves and convert them into HP depending on the users attack stat. [sorry blaziken, terrakion, heracross, hitmonchan, and sawk. you're too much guys]

    For pokemon without evolutions (excluding legendaries) - Harness brace. Left by the legendary pokemon, it increases the users attack stats if they have no evolution. Legendaries are bound not to wear it's corruptible power. (think of it like eviolite in reverse)
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Page 73 of 88 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •