Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,826 to 1,850 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Harness Brace seems a little too broken, but everything else seem like nice additions
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

@jireh bad bugs will remain bad bugs.

Harness Brace is broken, think of Rhydon and Fraxure.

New Levitate: avoids Stealth Rocks too.

Cryagonal anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    New Ability: Dust Dine

Flavor Text see what I did there?: Heals 1/16 in a SandStorm.

Distribution: Hippowdon, Cacturne, Flygon, Claydol.
    Perfectly fine. Most counterparts I have nothing to say about, since most of their original variants aren't broken anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Remember the Light Ball? That items crazily makes Pikachu's attack stats (both physical and special) skyrocket that rivals a lot of pokemon!

What if we make ideas as to what are the items that may come at this new generation?

For the Ledian family - Iron Lance. This item sharply increases increases its base attack and defense stats (both physical and special) but its base speed stat becomes 25 (REALLY SLOW HUH?). See Timegate Traveler from Pokestar studios

For Plusle and Minun - Pom Poms. Ups all of the users base stats by 20. applicable to Plusle and Minun only. (they are the cheering pokemon after all)

For many butterfly pokemon (other bug types like moths and spiders are not included) - Glittery Star. Destroys hazards upon entering the battle at the cost of one physical attack and defense drop.

For pure normal type pokemon only (without secondary type) - Joy Globe. Absorbs Fighting type moves and convert them into HP depending on the users attack stat. [sorry blaziken, terrakion, heracross, hitmonchan, and sawk. you're too much guys]

For pokemon without evolutions (excluding legendaries) - Harness brace. Left by the legendary pokemon, it increases the users attack stats if they have no evolution. Legendaries are bound not to wear it's corruptible power. (think of it like eviolite in reverse)
    Iron Lance - It's a bit too swingy (no pun intended) at double Attack, double Defense, double Sp. Atk, double Sp. Def, and quartered Speed, but I don't know how else to fix it.

Pom-Poms - Sure.

Glittery Star - It could stand to just consume the item and get rid of all entry hazards on the holder's side whenever it's switched into battle.

Joy Globe - I know the metagame has had many, many Fighting-type Pokémon introduced this generation, but I don't think that completely turning them around, tossing them aside, and laughing at their face is the best way to address that.

Harness Brace -
    1) It's been mentioned before, but there's no way for the game mechanics themselves to differentiate between legendary and non-legendary Pokémon.
    2) Similar to Eviolite, the only restriction to get a benefit out of this item is that the holder must not be able to evolve. This restriction (as well as the reverse restriction for Eviolite) are much too easy to achieve, and in my opinion, should not warrant such massive stat boosts.
    3) Not to mention that Pokémon like Garchomp, Excadrill, Salamence (or even if you just mean Pokémon without any species in their evolutionary line, in which case Bouffalant, Druddigon, and Durant) would be able to harness (pun fully intended, doubly so for Durant) even more power than they had before for literally no drawback whatsoever.

New Levitate: avoids Stealth Rocks too.

Cryagonal anyone?
    It doesn't really make sense, since Stealth Rocks float in the air, but alright, I guess.

That would just mean that given the current existence of entry hazards, Levitate would be "avoids entry hazards and Ground-type moves", which I don't really mind.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Rock smash; now breaks stealth rock on your side of the field. (Still leaves ghosts able to "spin" block)

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Rock smash; now breaks stealth rock on your side of the field. (Still leaves ghosts able to "spin" block)
    Sounds like a decent idea. Would definetly help in the fight to find someone to remove rocks from the field as Rapid Spin distribution is not that huge.

GodDamnZilla

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Iron Lance - It's a bit too swingy (no pun intended) at double Attack, double Defense, double Sp. Atk, double Sp. Def, and quartered Speed, but I don't know how else to fix it.

Pom-Poms - Sure.

Glittery Star - It could stand to just consume the item and get rid of all entry hazards on the holder's side whenever it's switched into battle.

Joy Globe - I know the metagame has had many, many Fighting-type Pokémon introduced this generation, but I don't think that completely turning them around, tossing them aside, and laughing at their face is the best way to address that.

Harness Brace -
    1) It's been mentioned before, but there's no way for the game mechanics themselves to differentiate between legendary and non-legendary Pokémon.
    2) Similar to Eviolite, the only restriction to get a benefit out of this item is that the holder must not be able to evolve. This restriction (as well as the reverse restriction for Eviolite) are much too easy to achieve, and in my opinion, should not warrant such massive stat boosts.
    3) Not to mention that Pokémon like Garchomp, Excadrill, Salamence (or even if you just mean Pokémon without any species in their evolutionary line, in which case Bouffalant, Druddigon, and Durant) would be able to harness (pun fully intended, doubly so for Durant) even more power than they had before for literally no drawback whatsoever.
    I.
    For the harness brace though, ONLY Pokemon that DON'T HAVE AN EVOLVUTION or PRE-EVOLUTION can wear it (Pokémon without any species in their evolutionary line, in which case Bouffalant, Druddigon, and Durant. The rest no-no at all. Try on skarmory). So garchomp and pals will never get its benefits. For the legendaries, they can't wear it (Got the idea from the demon crown of cave story/doukatsu monogatari)

II.
    For the Iron lance, I just decided that Ledian needs a jolt to amp up its performance. Helpful yet not broken not unless I add an extra effect that it will head 1/8th of its HP every turn. Same for Pom-Poms for plusle and Minun [aint those two just cute together?]
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Name: Magic Barrier
    Type: Psychic
    Category: Other
    PP: 5 (Max 8)
    Flavour text: All Pokémon only take damage from attacks for 5 turns.
    Priority: -7
    Effect: Blocks all Passive Damage (e.g Entry Hazards, Poison, Recoil etc) for 5 turns. Affects all Pokémon in battle.

So for example, when you use it, you can safely switch in a Pokémon that has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock (Like Moltres) and it won't take damage from it when it comes in. It doesn't remove the Entry Hazards, it just blocks them so when the 5 turns are up, when you switch in something else, they will take Entry Hazard damage.

Spoiler:- ΩRαS Shinies:

I.
    For the harness brace though, ONLY Pokemon that DON'T HAVE AN EVOLVUTION or PRE-EVOLUTION can wear it (Pokémon without any species in their evolutionary line, in which case Bouffalant, Druddigon, and Durant. The rest no-no at all. Try on skarmory). So garchomp and pals will never get its benefits. For the legendaries, they can't wear it (Got the idea from the demon crown of cave story/doukatsu monogatari)
    The first part is fine.

But that doesn't get rid of the fact that a Pokémon is still a Pokémon mechanically regardless of whether or not it's legendary within flavor. The restriction wouldn't really be possible to enforce at all.

II.
    For the Iron lance, I just decided that Ledian needs a jolt to amp up its performance. Helpful yet not broken not unless I add an extra effect that it will head 1/8th of its HP every turn. Same for Pom-Poms for plusle and Minun [aint those two just cute together?]
    Brokenness isn't based solely on both the mechanic and the Pokémon that get access to that mechanic. Sunkern would never get a move that gives it +4 Attack without penalty because a move that gives +4 Attack without penalty would be broken in of itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aura Flare Riolu View Post
    Effect: Blocks all Passive Damage (e.g Entry Hazards, Poison, Recoil etc) for all Pokemon for 5 turns.

It affects every Pokémon from both sides, not just your own. So for example, when you use it, you can safely switch in a Pokémon that has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock (Like Moltres) and it won't take damage from it when it comes in. It doesn't remove the Entry Hazards, it just blocks them so when the 5 turns are up, when you switch in something else, they will take Entry Hazard damage.
    One thing I don't really like about this is that it makes moves that have recoil damage (Flare Blitz, Wild Charge, etc.) have no drawback for such a high power, whereas those with alternate forms of drawback (Close Combat, Leaf Storm, etc.) still do. Because Flare Blitz and Close Combat have the same power and accuracy but have two different drawbacks, the two drawbacks should be pretty much equivalent from a design perspective, so it doesn't make sense to make a mechanic that excludes one but not make a mechanic that excludes the other.

Otherwise, totally fine. I feel like the metagame is a bit too reliant on entry hazards, anyway.

Effect: Blocks all Passive Damage (e.g Entry Hazards, Poison, Recoil etc) for 5 turns. Affects all Pokémon in battle.

So for example, when you use it, you can safely switch in a Pokémon that has a crippling weakness to Stealth Rock (Like Moltres) and it won't take damage from it when it comes in. It doesn't remove the Entry Hazards, it just blocks them so when the 5 turns are up, when you switch in something else, they will take Entry Hazard damage.
    It basically gives all Pokemon Magic Guard right? Cool idea but it seems really, really weak. Consider making it so it only effects you. While yes you block entry hazard, recoil, sandstorm etc damage on your team you also help your opponent. You only get to enjoy it for 4 turns (because you spend one turn setting it up) while your opponent gets 5 turns if you are faster than them. You will block your own entry hazards and could actually give an enemy Life Orb Salamence or Venusaur the few recoil-less sweeping turns they need to sweep you even at low HP.

It MIGHT be useful on a Gyarados or Volcarona focused team but I would rather just use Rapid Spin to begin with. Toxic and Sandstorm based damages can be minimized with good team preparation. Its too weak to be worth a turn usage and to make things worse it actually helps your opponent too.

I like this one and I also think it's fair that it helps the opponent as well.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    It basically gives all Pokemon Magic Guard right? Cool idea but it seems really, really weak. Consider making it so it only effects you. While yes you block entry hazard, recoil, sandstorm etc damage on your team you also help your opponent. You only get to enjoy it for 4 turns (because you spend one turn setting it up) while your opponent gets 5 turns if you are faster than them. You will block your own entry hazards and could actually give an enemy Life Orb Salamence or Venusaur the few recoil-less sweeping turns they need to sweep you even at low HP.

It MIGHT be useful on a Gyarados or Volcarona focused team but I would rather just use Rapid Spin to begin with. Toxic and Sandstorm based damages can be minimized with good team preparation. Its too weak to be worth a turn usage and to make things worse it actually helps your opponent too.
    It would be for five turns (like Reflect), not four turns (like Trick Room).

I would disagree a bit on making the move only affect the user's team. The temporary elimination of non-direct damage can definitely be built around, and having the move only affect one team makes it so that opponents really can't do anything about the move once it's up and running. At least making the opponent receive these benefits makes it so that at least if the user's team reaps these benefits, the opponent can respond either by nullifying the effect by using the move themselves or by taking advantage of the benefits.

Defense of the mechanic aside, I agree that Rapid Spin (or just Magic Guard, really) would still be my preferred route at this.

So, since Latios/Latias and the creation trio have their own items, I got bored and made items for every legendary.

Spoiler:- items:

I'm still working on the rest.

Most of these are nearly useless competitively, but I personally think the Stormband will shoot Zapdos to OU or maybe even Ubers as he'd be amazing both on a Rain team and for countering Rain teams.

Also, a couple new abilities.

Name: Martial Artist
    Effect: Gives an immunity to Fighting moves, and when target by a Fighting move, its own Fighting-typed moves get 1.5x power. Pretty much a Fighting-type Flash Fire clone.
    Distribution: I'd give it to mostly Fighting types.

Name: Non-Conformity
    Effect: Taunt, Torment, Mimic, Copycat, Sketch, Me First, Attract, Captivate, Destiny Bond, Helping Hand, Encore, Follow Me, and whatever other similar attacks I forgot have no effect on this Pokemon.
    Distribution: Give it to intelligent Pokemon like Alakazam and maybe the 3 Spirits through the Dream World.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

OOOOH let's give that martial artist ability to Lucario
    I like that ability, but Fighting types really don't need a buff

for Deoxys' speed item, just have it increase speed.
    And the pixie's items don't seem useful.
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Yeah, I might rework those. And the problem with simply giving Deoxys-S more Speed is that he's already the fastest unboosted Pokemon in the game. Maybe like a 25% chance to give a move +1 priority or something.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

New Item: Saddle Bag

Details: With more space to carry projectiles, multi moves attack twice.
    Competitive: Multiplies the current amount of attacks by 2 when using multi hitting moves (e.g. tail slap). Sngle attacking moves do not count. Triple kick or double kick related moves still apply
    Consumable or not: not consumable

How this works?

Here's a nice sample:

Technician Breloom A (w/o saddle bag) VS Technician Breloom B(w/ saddle bag) [both are facing a defensive conkeldurr for instance]

Tech breloom A used bullet seed. Hits the opponent 3 times. Conkeldurr lost 47% health
    Tech breloom B used bullet seed. Hits the opponent 6 times. Conkeldurr lost 94% health

Skill link Cinccino A (w/o saddle bag) VS. Skill link Cinccino B (w/ saddle bag) [both are facing Sigylyph with +2 defense and sp.defense (cosmic power influenced)]

Skill Link Cinccino A used Tail slap. Hits the enemy five times. Sigilyph lost 35% health.

Skill Link Cinccino B used Tail slap. Hits the enemy ten times. Sigilyph lost 68-70% health.

No. That's way to OP. Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, and Tail Slap are all at 25 base power already. With skill link, that turns into 125. With skill link and the saddle bag combined, that becomes 250. The same power as Explosion, except it's got practically no penalty. All of these moves also become 100 base power at worst.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Ability
    name: Dragon Watch
    description: All Dragon Type pokemon are on edge. They cannot switch. (will improve if bothered)
    effect: traps all dragon type pokemon while this Pokemon is out.
    given to: Heatran, Kyreum, Skamory, Sentret+Furret, Staraptor (anything with Keen Eye) Rayquaza, Mamoswine.

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

why sentret's line?

Competitive: Multiplies the current amount of attacks by 2 when using multi hitting moves (e.g. tail slap). Sngle attacking moves do not count. Triple kick or double kick related moves still apply

How this works?

Here's a nice sample:

Technician Breloom A (w/o saddle bag) VS Technician Breloom B(w/ saddle bag) [both are facing a defensive conkeldurr for instance]

Tech breloom A used bullet seed. Hits the opponent 3 times. Conkeldurr lost 47% health
    Tech breloom B used bullet seed. Hits the opponent 6 times. Conkeldurr lost 94% health

Skill link Cinccino A (w/o saddle bag) VS. Skill link Cinccino B (w/ saddle bag) [both are facing Sigylyph with +2 defense and sp.defense (cosmic power influenced)]

Skill Link Cinccino A used Tail slap. Hits the enemy five times. Sigilyph lost 35% health.

Skill Link Cinccino B used Tail slap. Hits the enemy ten times. Sigilyph lost 68-70% health.
    That is just plain broken. For one, this would send Cloyster straight to Ubers and Cinccino to OU (which is, admittedly, something that I personally want to see) without much question especially in Cloyster's case. Also, this is too swingy to be non-consumable. At the most, it should increase the number of hits from moves that hit multiple times by 1. I also say to rename it to "Skill Charm" so it fits the flavour better because it also applies to moves like Dual Chop and Double Kick.

New Item:

Danmaku Card:

Flavour text: "A mysterious card of unknown origin that increases the holder's power of moves that involve projectiles by a large amount. It can only be used once."

In-depth effect: Increases the power any move involving projectiles by 1.5x once. It is consumed upon use. It's usage extends to all hits of a multi-hit attack that uses projectiles (Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, etc...).

Comments: Touhou reference, shoot me [pun not intended].

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
        Spoiler:- items:

Name: Martial Artist
    Effect: Gives an immunity to Fighting moves, and when target by a Fighting move, its own Fighting-typed moves get 1.5x power. Pretty much a Fighting-type Flash Fire clone.
    Distribution: I'd give it to mostly Fighting types.

Name: Non-Conformity
    Effect: Taunt, Torment, Mimic, Copycat, Sketch, Me First, Attract, Captivate, Destiny Bond, Helping Hand, Encore, Follow Me, and whatever other similar attacks I forgot have no effect on this Pokemon.
    Distribution: Give it to intelligent Pokemon like Alakazam and maybe the 3 Spirits through the Dream World.
    Since your item descriptions are in a spoiler, I'll post my comments in a spoiler as well:
        Spoiler:

Martial Artist - Design-wise, it's alright. But I agree that Fighting-type Pokémon don't really need a buff (or a hindrance, in the case of the Pokémon that triggers the ability).

Non-Conformity - Pretty neat. I'm not sure why Mimic, Copycat, and Sketch are on the list, though, since those three don't actually require the target to "do" anything.

I agree with what has already been said. A 250-power Tail Slap from Cinccino (375 effective with STAB, and 318.75 effective after factoring in accuracy) with no other drawback is way too good.

I would like to see haxorus get a physical fire move, like flare blitz or a new move, its usage would go up i think as it would have unresisted coverage but it may go ubers then

Item: Steady Bracelet.
    Description: With a steady target, the user's multi-hitting moves power up.
    Detailed competitive: Increases the power of multi-hitting moves by 30-50% but weakens the user's defense and sp. defense in return. So its like a choice band that will make you more vulnerable to priority.
    Inspiration: From Modern Military Snipers

Who currently benefits:
    Breloom, Cinccino, Cloyster, and possibly twin needle users.

New attack: Iron dusts
    How it acts: Like a 2-5 multi hitting steel type attack.
    How it's done: The user scatters sharp shrapnels of metal to the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by mcdanger View Post
    I would like to see haxorus get a physical fire move, like flare blitz or a new move, its usage would go up i think as it would have unresisted coverage but it may go ubers then
    He gets Fire Punch I think. Flare Blitz wouldn't make much sense though.

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    He gets Fire Punch I think. Flare Blitz wouldn't make much sense though.
    Nope. Plus Low Kick/Superpower/Aqua Tail makes it more or less needed.

New Berry: Jifi Berry

Description: weakens the power of priority moves for one turn.

Quote Originally Posted by SneaselFTW View Post
    Ability
    name: Dragon Watch
    description: All Dragon Type pokemon are on edge. They cannot switch. (will improve if bothered)
    effect: traps all dragon type pokemon while this Pokemon is out.
    given to: Heatran, Kyreum, Skamory, Sentret+Furret, Staraptor (anything with Keen Eye) Rayquaza, Mamoswine.
    So a Dragon-type Magnet Pull? Sure, I guess. I don't really get why Heatran and Kyurem would have it, though. Mamoswine is a bit of a stretch too, but I could see how it potentially could have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    New Item:
    Danmaku Card:
    Flavour text: "A mysterious card of unknown origin that increases the holder's power of moves that involve projectiles by a large amount. It can only be used once."
    In-depth effect: Increases the power any move involving projectiles by 1.5x once. It is consumed upon use. It's usage extends to all hits of a multi-hit attack that uses projectiles (Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, etc...).
    Comments: Touhou reference, shoot me [pun not intended].
    What moves are classified as "projectile" moves? Rock Blast, Icicle Spear, Bullet Seed, Barrage... Egg Bomb? Bonemerang?
    I guess it's fine, though, given that you can only use it once.

Item: Steady Bracelet.
    Description: With a steady target, the user's multi-hitting moves power up.
    Detailed competitive: Increases the power of multi-hitting moves by 30-50% but weakens the user's defense and sp. defense in return. So its like a choice band that will make you more vulnerable to priority.
    Inspiration: From Modern Military Snipers

Who currently benefits:
    Breloom, Cinccino, Cloyster, and possibly twin needle users.

New attack: Iron dusts
    How it acts: Like a 2-5 multi hitting steel type attack.
    How it's done: The user scatters sharp shrapnels of metal to the enemy
    Steady Bracelet - I like this. The fact that it only benefits a small portion of Pokémon it makes up with the penalty adversely affecting only those Pokémon as well.

Iron Dusts - What's the power, accuracy, and PP of this move?

New Berry: Jifi Berry

Description: weakens the power of priority moves for one turn.
    It's all been about priority and multi-hit moves for the past few days, huh? Not that I mind. (:

Anyway, it's pretty good. I normally would say that it should only apply for the actual move that triggers the activation of the item, but since most priority moves are pretty weak anyway, compounded with the fact that pretty much only one priority move is used per turn anyway, I think it's fine as it is.

Page 74 of 88 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast