Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

  1. #1976
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Time for a creepy ghost:




    Ginian, the Opossum pokemon.

    Pokedex numbers: Dunoo, maybe late Orion dex (numbers 110-130).

    Size:
    Height: ~22cm (8.8 in)
    Length: ~39cm (1ft, 3.6in)
    Weight: ~18kg

    Flavour text: "Having the attributes of both a ghost and a living pokemon, Ginian has been the subject of constant superstition and persecution for thousands of years. During that time, it has learned to play dead to evade its persecutors and enemies."

    Type: Normal/ Ghost.

    Abilities: Half Living (renamed from Border of Life)/ Levitate/ Cursed Body (Hidden ability).

    Notable moves: Spite*, Perish Song, Possum, Pain Split, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory*, Nasty Plot, Memento*, Inert Shot, Clutch*, Destiny Bond*, Phantasm Ray.
    *Detnotes Egg Move

    Base Stats:
    • HP: 78
    • Attack: 56
    • Defense: 66
    • Special Attack: 111
    • Special Defense: 79
    • Speed: 105


    Comments: My long awaited Ghost-Normal Pokemon. Completely immune to the previously unresisted Ghost-Fighting combo (unless it runs Half Living, then it will be weak to Fighting) and to Extremekiller Arceus' main attacks when having Levitate. This guy, despite his poor defenses, often has multiple opportunities to switch in on common threats thanks to his nice set of immunities to Normal, Fighting, Ground (with Levitate) and Ghost. It also has decent offensive options, where Phantasm Ray and Neutralized Shot takes the cake and it gets it's very own signature move that shows what makes the opossum an... opossum.



    New Move:

    Possum. (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 10 PP, Status, User, Dark type).


    Flavour text: "The user pretends to faint, evading all but Dark type attacks. The chance of failing raises if used in succession."

    In-depth effect: Enables the user to evade all moves targeted at it except Dark typed attacks, which do SE damage to the poor opossum.

    Distribution: Ginian.

    Comments: Playing on the phrase "Playing Possum", which is often used to describe an opossum feigning death to escape predators. Dark typed attacks will still hit it because dark types tend to play dirty and most pokemon (and their trainers) would find it deplorable to attack a fainted pokeon.[/QUOTE]



    New Move:

    Inert Shot. (95 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP, Special, Adjacent target, Normal type).


    Flavour text: "The user shoots a blast of stable, inert energy at the target. It may neutralize all stat changes made on the foe"

    In-depth effect: Has a 10% chance to reset all stat changes on the target to +0.

    Notable users: Girafarig, Delcatty (lol), Audino, Slyveon (?), Ginian, many Normal-typed Special attackers.

    Comments: A Normal typed Thunderbolt/Flamethrower. Nothing new.[/QUOTE]



    New move:

    Clutch. (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 10 PP, Status, adjacent target, Dark type).


    Flavour text: "The user clutches the target's legs. That target can't use moves or items that cause it to escape."

    In-depth effect: Prevents usage of items and moves (ie. U-Turn, Eject Button) that cause the target to switch out until the user switches out or faints.

    Notable users: Banette, Sableye, Spiritomb, Liepard, Scrafty, Ginian.

    Comments: Made to disrupt Volt-Turn teams' momentum. Good luck with Prankster Sableye and Liepard![/QUOTE]



    New move:

    Phantasm Ray. (100 BP, 100 Accuracy, 5 PP, Status, Adjacent target, Ghost type).


    Flavour text: "The user shoots a ray of supernatural energy at the target. It may cause the target to flinch."

    In-depth effect: Has a 50% chance of causing the foe to flinch.

    Notable users: Gengar, Banette, Sableye, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Chandelure, Ginian.

    Comments: Remember Sacred Fire and my Espeon signature move? Now they have a new cousin! Inb4 paraflinching.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

    Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.




  2. #1977
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Time for a creepy ghost:




    Ginian, the Opossum pokemon.

    Pokedex numbers: Dunoo, maybe late Orion dex (numbers 110-130).

    Size:
    Height: ~22cm (8.8 in)
    Length: ~39cm (1ft, 3.6in)
    Weight: ~18kg

    Flavour text: "Having the attributes of both a ghost and a living pokemon, Ginian has been the subject of constant superstition and persecution for thousands of years. During that time, it has learned to play dead to evade its persecutors and enemies."

    Type: Normal/ Ghost.

    Abilities: Half Living (renamed from Border of Life)/ Levitate/ Cursed Body (Hidden ability).

    Notable moves: Spite*, Perish Song, Possum, Pain Split, Shadow Ball, Extrasensory*, Nasty Plot, Memento*, Inert Shot, Clutch*, Destiny Bond*, Phantasm Ray.
    *Detnotes Egg Move

    Base Stats:
    • HP: 78
    • Attack: 56
    • Defense: 66
    • Special Attack: 111
    • Special Defense: 79
    • Speed: 105


    Comments: My long awaited Ghost-Normal Pokemon. Completely immune to the previously unresisted Ghost-Fighting combo (unless it runs Half Living, then it will be weak to Fighting) and to Extremekiller Arceus' main attacks when having Levitate. This guy, despite his poor defenses, often has multiple opportunities to switch in on common threats thanks to his nice set of immunities to Normal, Fighting, Ground (with Levitate) and Ghost. It also has decent offensive options, where Phantasm Ray and Neutralized Shot takes the cake and it gets it's very own signature move that shows what makes the opossum an... opossum.
    The flavor behind this Pokémon is really nice. I like how it has a unique Normal/Ghost type combination.

    New Move:Possum. (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 10 PP, Status, User, Dark type).
    Flavour text: "The user pretends to faint, evading all but Dark type attacks. The chance of failing raises if used in succession."
    In-depth effect: Enables the user to evade all moves targeted at it except Dark typed attacks, which do SE damage to the poor opossum.
    Distribution: Ginian.
    Comments: Playing on the phrase "Playing Possum", which is often used to describe an opossum feigning death to escape predators. Dark typed attacks will still hit it because dark types tend to play dirty and most pokemon (and their trainers) would find it deplorable to attack a fainted pokeon.
    Hmm... it's strictly worse than Protect (and I assume it has the same accuracy decay rate as it), and it promotes a very slight Dark-type metagame skew. It's alright, I suppose.

    New Move:
    Inert Shot. (95 BP, 100 Accuracy, 15 PP, Special, Adjacent target, Normal type).
    Flavour text: "The user shoots a blast of stable, inert energy at the target. It may neutralize all stat changes made on the foe"
    In-depth effect: Has a 10% chance to reset all stat changes on the target to +0.
    Notable users: Girafarig, Delcatty (lol), Audino, Slyveon (?), Ginian, many Normal-typed Special attackers.
    Comments: A Normal typed Thunderbolt/Flamethrower. Nothing new.
    The 95/100 is pretty standard. Ironically enough, I don't think the Normal type would have access to stat neutralization, but that's up to you.

    New move:
    Clutch. (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 10 PP, Status, adjacent target, Dark type).
    Flavour text: "The user clutches the target's legs. That target can't use moves or items that cause it to escape."
    In-depth effect: Prevents usage of items and moves (ie. U-Turn, Eject Button) that cause the target to switch out until the user switches out or faints.
    Notable users: Banette, Sableye, Spiritomb, Liepard, Scrafty, Ginian.
    Comments: Made to disrupt Volt-Turn teams' momentum. Good luck with Prankster Sableye and Liepard!
    "Preventing usage" of U-Turn and Volt Switch means that the moves can be selected, but they won't be executed. Seems pretty nasty against Volt-Turn teams, of which I was never a fan in general.

    On the same note, that also means that those items wouldn't trigger at all, but of course you know this already. (:

    New move:
    Phantasm Ray. (100 BP, 100 Accuracy, 5 PP, Status, Adjacent target, Ghost type).
    Flavour text: "The user shoots a ray of supernatural energy at the target. It may cause the target to flinch."
    In-depth effect: Has a 50% chance of causing the foe to flinch.
    Notable users: Gengar, Banette, Sableye, Mismagius, Spiritomb, Chandelure, Ginian.
    Comments: Remember Sacred Fire and my Espeon signature move? Now they have a new cousin! Inb4 paraflinching.
    Serene Grace allows the user to completely abuse this move.

    While yes, Serene Grace + Sacred Fire/DynamicPunch/Inferno combinations have a 100% chance of inflicting their respective status ailment, those three don't completely render the afflicted Pokémon useless for the turn, whereas flinching does. 45% flinch rate at the very, very most, I'd say.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  3. #1978
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    [QUOTE=Wishing Star;15918064]The flavor behind this Pokémon is really nice. I like how it has a unique Normal/Ghost type combination.



    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Hmm... it's strictly worse than Protect (and I assume it has the same accuracy decay rate as it), and it promotes a very slight Dark-type metagame skew. It's alright, I suppose.
    It has a slower accuracy decay rate than Protect. I don't know, but I think Protect's accuracy rate halves with each successive use. This move's accuracy decays by 25% for each use. So it has a 75% chance of working on the second use, a 56.25 on the third and so on.


    The 95/100 is pretty standard. Ironically enough, I don't think the Normal type would have access to stat neutralization, but that's up to you.
    Maybe I will leave the stat neutralization off it.

    "Preventing usage" of U-Turn and Volt Switch means that the moves can be selected, but they won't be executed. Seems pretty nasty against Volt-Turn teams, of which I was never a fan in general.
    This deals with both Baton Pass and Volt-Turn teams. Volt-Turn teams are annoying to deal with because they can constantly afford to switch out and keep the offensive momentum up while Baton Pass teams are annoying because they aim to reach +6 in all stats through Baton Pass chains. This move makes them easier to deal with. Sableye and Liepard get Prankster and... yeah, would devastate both types of teams unless they are taken down early enough.


    Serene Grace allows the user to completely abuse this move.

    While yes, Serene Grace + Sacred Fire/DynamicPunch/Inferno combinations have a 100% chance of inflicting their respective status ailment, those three don't completely render the afflicted Pokémon useless for the turn, whereas flinching does. 45% flinch rate at the very, very most, I'd say.
    While no Serene Grace abusers can directly learn this move; I can see problems on gimmick teams and Random Matchup because Togekiss also gets Assist, which the trainer can easily use to make sure that Phantasm Ray is always selected and will go in the same way as Spore Liepard teams, except Togekiss can actually sweep with it. Maybe I make it 50 Accuracy and 100% chance of flinching if it hits to prevent Togekiss from abusing that move.
    By the way, DynamicPunch, Inferno and Zap Cannon have 50 Accuracy but have a 100% chance of inflicting status if they hit.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

    Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.




  4. #1979
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    It has a slower accuracy decay rate than Protect. I don't know, but I think Protect's accuracy rate halves with each successive use. This move's accuracy decays by 25% for each use. So it has a 75% chance of working on the second use, a 56.25 on the third and so on.
    Hmm... alright, then I'd predict a slight to moderate Dark-type metagame skew analogous to the Fighting-type metagame skew that the fifth generation brought with it.

    This deals with both Baton Pass and Volt-Turn teams. Volt-Turn teams are annoying to deal with because they can constantly afford to switch out and keep the offensive momentum up while Baton Pass teams are annoying because they aim to reach +6 in all stats through Baton Pass chains. This move makes them easier to deal with. Sableye and Liepard get Prankster and... yeah, would devastate both types of teams unless they are taken down early enough.
    Yeah, I hate those teams, even though I use Baton Pass a lot myself. I suppose the selection-but-no-execution meaning would only be significant for U-Turn and Volt Switch, since they wouldn't be able to be used for switching, let alone for damage.

    While no Serene Grace abusers can directly learn this move; I can see problems on gimmick teams and Random Matchup because Togekiss also gets Assist, which the trainer can easily use to make sure that Phantasm Ray is always selected and will go in the same way as Spore Liepard teams, except Togekiss can actually sweep with it. Maybe I make it 50 Accuracy and 100% chance of flinching if it hits to prevent Togekiss from abusing that move.
    By the way, DynamicPunch, Inferno and Zap Cannon have 50 Accuracy but have a 100% chance of inflicting status if they hit.
    I apologize with DynamicPunch, Inferno, and Zap Cannon, but the same general principle applies with those three and No Guard.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  5. #1980
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    [QUOTE=Wishing Star;15918306]Hmm... alright, then I'd predict a slight to moderate Dark-type metagame skew analogous to the Fighting-type metagame skew that the fifth generation brought with it.[quote]
    While it would bring a small Dark-type skew to the metagame, keep in mind that this is the Opossum's signature move, so it won't have too much of an impact. I'd be more worried about Smeargle using it, as it isn't weak to Dark.

    Yeah, I hate those teams, even though I use Baton Pass a lot myself. I suppose the selection-but-no-execution meaning would only be significant for U-Turn and Volt Switch, since they wouldn't be able to be used for switching, let alone for damage.
    Well, I'm planning to introduce more Volt-Turn class moves as well as more moves that have added effects to switching out, like a move that switches the user out and gives +1 Defense and Special Defense to whoever comes in. I already gave VoltTurn a boost when I introduced Shepmite, so why not add something that works against it.

    I apologize with DynamicPunch, Inferno, and Zap Cannon, but the same general principle applies with those three and No Guard.
    True, but none of the No Guard users get access to this and I don't think that any get Assist either, adverting the problem.
    Speaking about Inferno, I have forumlated a potential Shepmite set that abuses Hone Claws' Accuracy boost to be able to use an Inferno that is (slightly) more reliable.

    Shepmite@Wide Lens
    Mild Nature
    Trait: Disarmer
    EVs: 64 Atk/ 192 SpA/ 252 Spe.
    -Hone Claws
    -Inferno
    -Dragon Rush/ Close Combat. (Note: Dragon Rush and Close Combat are illegal alongside each other because DR is supposed to be an event move and CC is an egg move)
    -Earthquake/ Bolt Cutter.

    Pretty much, the aim of this set is to set up on... say Ferrothorn and begin spreading burns while doing considerable damage at the same time thanks to Hone Claws' Attack boost. All of the main dragons except Multiscale Dragonite and Garchomp are OHKOed by a +1 Dragon Rush, which Inferno puts them into KO range of as well as halving their attack while a +1 Close Combat does serious to Mammoswine, Blissey and Air Balloon Heatran. Earthquake is it's main answer to opposing Fire and Electric types, especially opposing Shepmite and Magnezone while it can opt for Bolt Cutter (updated to 100 Power, 80 Accuracy and 5/8 PP) to dent the bulky waters of the tier at +1. With a Wide Lens, Inferno's accuracy climbs to 73 at +1 and 91 at +2, meaning it is likely to cause multiple burns while also dealing decent STAB damage.
    This set requires a lot of team support, as numerous threats can easily swat it down even when it is set up. Terrakion and Keldeo can revenge it, but they have trouble switching in on a boosted Earthquake/Close Combat and Bolt Cutter respectively. Dugtrio is guaranteed to OHKO it with a STAB Earthquake if it comes in to revenge it thanks to Arena Trap, but it can't switch into a boosted hit at all because anything but Wild Charge at +1 OHKOs it. Breloom, Scizor and Conkledurr all OHKO with Mach Punch, but Breloom and Scizor gets fried if they switch in on Inferno (Conkledurr only becomes stronger when it gets burned, thanks to Guts). Gliscor counters it full stop, as Shepmite can't burn it because it carries a Toxic Orb and Protect to ensure that it activates while Gliscor OHKOs with a STAB Eathquake. Hazards support, provided by Skarmory, is a must because it misses out on important KOs without it. Skarmory can also soften many of it's checks with Whirlwind. Choice Scarf Cinccino, when used in conjunction with Skarmory, can easily take many of it's checks down with a skill-linked Bullet Seed or Rock Blast; KOing Terrakion, Keldeo, Dugtrio and severely denting Thundurus-T and Tornadus-I with Rock Blast after hazards damage. Volcarona threatens the priority users who cause Shepmite trouble out and can easily switch in after Shepmite has cleared the hazards and attempt to set up.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

    Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.




  6. #1981
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Well, I'm planning to introduce more Volt-Turn class moves as well as more moves that have added effects to switching out, like a move that switches the user out and gives +1 Defense and Special Defense to whoever comes in. I already gave VoltTurn a boost when I introduced Shepmite, so why not add something that works against it.
    Sure thing. Just keep in mind, though, that the more U-Turn and Volt Switch-style moves there are, the more the metagame is going to skew toward using Clutch, increasing the usage of many of the Pokémon that have access to it immensely.

    True, but none of the No Guard users get access to this and I don't think that any get Assist either, adverting the problem.
    While what you say is true, if a mechanic is mediocre alone but synergizes extremely well with another combo, then it's pretty likely that it's too powerful.

    Shepmite@Wide Lens
    Mild Nature
    Trait: Disarmer
    EVs: 64 Atk/ 192 SpA/ 252 Spe.
    -Hone Claws
    -Inferno
    -Dragon Rush/ Close Combat. (Note: Dragon Rush and Close Combat are illegal alongside each other because DR is supposed to be an event move and CC is an egg move)
    -Earthquake/ Bolt Cutter.

    Pretty much, the aim of this set is to set up on... say Ferrothorn and begin spreading burns while doing considerable damage at the same time thanks to Hone Claws' Attack boost. All of the main dragons except Multiscale Dragonite and Garchomp are OHKOed by a +1 Dragon Rush, which Inferno puts them into KO range of as well as halving their attack while a +1 Close Combat does serious to Mammoswine, Blissey and Air Balloon Heatran. Earthquake is it's main answer to opposing Fire and Electric types, especially opposing Shepmite and Magnezone while it can opt for Bolt Cutter (updated to 100 Power, 80 Accuracy and 5/8 PP) to dent the bulky waters of the tier at +1. With a Wide Lens, Inferno's accuracy climbs to 73 at +1 and 91 at +2, meaning it is likely to cause multiple burns while also dealing decent STAB damage.
    This set requires a lot of team support, as numerous threats can easily swat it down even when it is set up. Terrakion and Keldeo can revenge it, but they have trouble switching in on a boosted Earthquake/Close Combat and Bolt Cutter respectively. Dugtrio is guaranteed to OHKO it with a STAB Earthquake if it comes in to revenge it thanks to Arena Trap, but it can't switch into a boosted hit at all because anything but Wild Charge at +1 OHKOs it. Breloom, Scizor and Conkledurr all OHKO with Mach Punch, but Breloom and Scizor gets fried if they switch in on Inferno (Conkledurr only becomes stronger when it gets burned, thanks to Guts). Gliscor counters it full stop, as Shepmite can't burn it because it carries a Toxic Orb and Protect to ensure that it activates while Gliscor OHKOs with a STAB Eathquake. Hazards support, provided by Skarmory, is a must because it misses out on important KOs without it. Skarmory can also soften many of it's checks with Whirlwind. Choice Scarf Cinccino, when used in conjunction with Skarmory, can easily take many of it's checks down with a skill-linked Bullet Seed or Rock Blast; KOing Terrakion, Keldeo, Dugtrio and severely denting Thundurus-T and Tornadus-I with Rock Blast after hazards damage. Volcarona threatens the priority users who cause Shepmite trouble out and can easily switch in after Shepmite has cleared the hazards and attempt to set up.
    I really like the mixed attacker setup that you made here and how you were able to integrate both special and physical moves with Hone Claws.

    I agree with many of the points made. I can imagine that if you're a Shepmite user, your prediction skills better be pretty spectacular, because if you don't nab Gliscor with an Inferno before its Toxic Orb triggers, you're probably in a heap of trouble. And that's if the opponent decides to switch out in the middle of a turn.

    This build's reliance on other Pokémon to support it does downgrade it slightly, though.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  7. #1982
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Updated move:

    Clutch. (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 10 PP, Status, adjacent target, Dark type).


    Flavour text: "The user clutches the target's legs. That target can't use moves or items that cause it to escape for 1-3 turns."

    In-depth effect: Prevents usage of items and moves (ie. U-Turn, Eject Button) that cause the target to switch for 1-3 turns.

    Notable users: Banette, Sableye, Spiritomb, Liepard, Scrafty, Ginian, a lot others due to it being TM status.

    Comments: Gave it a nerf, to make it weaker.




    New move:
    Jet Attack. (100 BP, 80 Accuracy, 5/8 PP, Physical, one target, Long range, Flying type).


    Flavour text: "The user winds up in a gale of wind and charges at the foe and then back to its trainer."

    In-depth effect: Switches out after attacking (ala U-Turn).

    Notable users: Swellow, Ninjask, Metagross, Deoxys (Speed form), Staraptor, Yanmega.

    Comments: New Volt Turn attack. Just no TM status this time.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

    Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.




  8. #1983
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    NEW MOVES!!

    Gale Slash (Flying)
    PP: 15/Power: 25/Accuracy: 95/Category: Physical/Target: Single Adjacent Foe/-- %
    "The user furiously attacks the foe at the speed of wind. It may hit up to five times."
    Distribution: Aipom Line, Cinccino Line, Scyther, Axew Line, Ninjask, Meowth Line, Patrat Line, Bidoof Line, Snivy Line
    - Icicle Crash with a flying type and -5 accuracy.

    Energy Bolt (Grass)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Target: Single Adjacent Foe/30%
    "The user lets loose a bolt of bolt from the nature that may paralyse the foe."
    Distribution: Most grass types that learn grass type, Chandelure
    - Grass type variant of Scald with paralyse chance instead of burning

    NEW ABILITIES
    Shadow Bliss
    "The user becomes immune to ghost moves."
    Distribution: Solrock, Lunatone, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Zorua Line, Gallade, Growlithe Line, Riolu Line
    - Reason for the name. While it may sound odd, I took the inspiration from Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice, which I was forced to study in school. Anyways, Shadow's Bliss (The original) is the same as a illusion. So yeah, Ghost type moves become an illusion!

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

  9. #1984
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Orithan View Post
    Updated move:
    Clutch. (N/A BP, N/A Accuracy, 10 PP, Status, adjacent target, Dark type).
    Flavour text: "The user clutches the target's legs. That target can't use moves or items that cause it to escape for 1-3 turns."
    In-depth effect: Prevents usage of items and moves (ie. U-Turn, Eject Button) that cause the target to switch for 1-3 turns.
    Notable users: Banette, Sableye, Spiritomb, Liepard, Scrafty, Ginian, a lot others due to it being TM status
    Comments: Gave it a nerf, to make it weaker
    I still think it should be a flat out three turns. But other than that, it's alright.

    New move:
    Jet Attack. (100 BP, 80 Accuracy, 5/8 PP, Physical, one target, Long range, Flying type).
    Flavour text: "The user winds up in a gale of wind and charges at the foe and then back to its trainer."
    In-depth effect: Switches out after attacking (ala U-Turn).
    Notable users: Swellow, Ninjask, Metagross, Deoxys (Speed form), Staraptor, Yanmega.
    Comments: New Volt Turn attack. Just no TM status this time.
    Solid move. I like the slight power/accuracy twist with 100/80 instead of the usual, boring 70/100. Nice touch.

    Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    NEW MOVES!!

    Gale Slash (Flying)
    PP: 15/Power: 25/Accuracy: 95/Category: Physical/Target: Single Adjacent Foe/-- %
    "The user furiously attacks the foe at the speed of wind. It may hit up to five times."
    Distribution: Aipom Line, Cinccino Line, Scyther, Axew Line, Ninjask, Meowth Line, Patrat Line, Bidoof Line, Snivy Line
    - Icicle Crash with a flying type and -5 accuracy.

    Energy Bolt (Grass)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Target: Single Adjacent Foe/30%
    "The user lets loose a bolt of bolt from the nature that may paralyse the foe."
    Distribution: Most grass types that learn grass type, Chandelure
    - Grass type variant of Scald with paralyse chance instead of burning

    NEW ABILITIES
    Shadow Bliss
    "The user becomes immune to ghost moves."
    Distribution: Solrock, Lunatone, Azelf, Uxie, Mesprit, Zorua Line, Gallade, Growlithe Line, Riolu Line
    - Reason for the name. While it may sound odd, I took the inspiration from Shakespeare's Merchant of Venice, which I was forced to study in school. Anyways, Shadow's Bliss (The original) is the same as a illusion. So yeah, Ghost type moves become an illusion!
    Gale Slash and Energy Bolt - Sure. They're counterparts to already-existing moves, which means I have no real comment on the moves themselves. Just keep in mind that giving pretty much every type a counterpart to certain moves means that the type difference is less special, which ultimate means a more boring competitive gameplay.

    Shadow Bliss - I don't really see how the Growlithe or Riolu lines would get it, but otherwise, it seems fine.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  10. #1985
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,078

    Default

    Wonder how they could make a balanced customizeable Pokémon. I thought of it being an Unown evolution where some are consumed for one to evolve and each form gave the evolution a different amount of stats (with there being caps and a total base stats). Don't know about the movepool (maybe take a page from Mew). As for how to show the type (which is decided through the item used for evolution) and the stats, that would be tricky.

    What do you guys think?
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

  11. #1986
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Wonder how they could make a balanced customizeable Pokémon. I thought of it being an Unown evolution where some are consumed for one to evolve and each form gave the evolution a different amount of stats (with there being caps and a total base stats). Don't know about the movepool (maybe take a page from Mew). As for how to show the type (which is decided through the item used for evolution) and the stats, that would be tricky.

    What do you guys think?
    I would've replied sooner, but my computer died as I was replying and I didn't get to submit the post.

    Anyway, it unfortunately wouldn't feasibly work. Having a regular Pokémon evolve into another Pokémon is fine (even if one or both of them can have different formes), but those few different formes are already programmed into the game with preset base stats. By having a Pokémon whose base stats a player could customize, it would mean that every single combination of base stats would have to be coded into the game for each of the various formes, which is probably too much for a single Pokémon or evolutionary line.

    Pokémon like Unown work because while they have different forms, the only thing that separates an Unown-A from an Unown-? is part of its hidden values. Even Deoxys-A and Deoxys-D work because there's also a hidden value for them to have different base stats in diferent formes. But since we're talking about customizable Pokémon here, there wouldn't be enough hidden values to accommodate every single combination that the player is able to choose from (it could theoretically work; it would just have the same general problem as the "female Pokémon Attack IV" issue in generation II, which is extremely bad compared to today's mechanical standards).

    And then there's Tyrogue and the Hitmon club, Pokémon that I believe resembles the closest thing possible to what you describe.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  12. #1987
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Because I haven't posted in a while:
    New pokemon:

    Ophim, the Deathwatch [Beetle] pokemon.

    Pokedex numbers: Around the same point as Gengar in the Kanto dex.

    Size:
    Height: ~5cm (2 in)
    Length: ~15cm (6 in)
    Weight: ~450 grams.

    Flavour text: "A nuisance in houses, this pokemon taps its head on the building's framework at night to communicate with other members of the same species. For this reason, it is seen as an omen of death by sick people who wake up in the middle of the night to hear their tapping."

    Type: Bug/ Ghost.

    Abilities: Half Living/ Unnerve/ Filter (Hidden ability).

    Notable moves: Spite*, Perish Song, Headbutt (flavour of the Deathwatch Beetle), Pursuit, Shadow Sneak, Bug Bite, Memento*, U-Turn,Clutch, Destiny Bond*, X-Cutter, Rock Slide, Shadow Claw, Cross Chop**, Dual Chop**.
    *Detnotes Egg Move
    **Detnotes Event move. Illegal alongside egg moves and non-hidden abilities.

    Base Stats:
    • HP: 65
    • Attack: 135
    • Defense: 80
    • Special Attack: 70
    • Special Defense: 90
    • Speed: 105.


    Comments: My long-awaited Bug-Ghost pokemon. Based off the Deathwatch Beetle, it is to be a predominantly physical attacker. High attack and speed with resistance to priority alongside great coverage and Filter... ouch. However, it has subpar defenses and numerous weaknesses to common types to balance it out. If something can take a hit from it and then retaliate with a powerful STAB (SE non-STAB hits don't work so well against it, thanks to Filter), like Skarmory, it is pretty much toast. It is also easily revenge-killed by the likes of Terrakion and Scizor, though both have trouble switching in. It also has a weakness to Stealth Rock and Cinder, which hampers its ability to switch in repeatedly. Take this as the Orion version of Gengar.
    Current IV hunt:
    - Perfect IV w/ Anticipation. Current progress: 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Anticipation.

    Previous hunts:
    - 31/31/31/??/31/31 IV w/ Huge Power and Adamant Nature.




  13. #1988
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    New Moves

    Combustion (Fire)
    PP:10
    Acc: 100
    Description: The user intensifies the fire inside of them to sharply raise it's Defense and Special Defense.
    Distribution: Charmander line, Torchic line, Chimchar line, Tepig line, Vulpix, Growlithe, Magby Line, Flareon, Slugma line, Numel line, Litwick line, Heatmor, Mew, Torkoal.

    Rapid Rush (Water)
    Power: 100
    PP: 5
    Acc: 90
    Physical
    Description: The user rams/swims into the opponent at full force, may cause the foe to become confused
    Distribution: Goldeen line, Horsea line, Vaporeon, Totodile line, Marill, Azumarill, Quilfish, Carvanha line, Piplup line, Buizel line, Finneon line, Basculin, Alomomola, Dratini line, Swinub line, Mareep line, Shinx line, Blitzle line, Zigzagoon line, Lillipup line, Mew.

    Ignite (Fire)
    Power: 40
    PP: 5
    Acc: 100
    Special
    Description: The user ignites the land that the foe stands on this will sharply raise the foes speed however, and will remove entry any hazards (Can be used on teammates)
    Distribution: Growlithe line Moltres, Entei, Heatran, Magby line, Flareon, Slugma line, Ho-Oh, Heatmor, Torkoal, Groudon, Tepig line Larvesta line, Mew. .
    (This is more of a support move)

    Glaze (Ice)
    PP: 20
    Description: The user freezes the floor beneath the opponents team, which causes opponents that switch in to battle to slip and lower speed one stage, the heavier the opponent the more damage taken when switched in.
    Distribution: Seel line, Smoochum line, Lapras, Articuno, Delibird, Snorunt line, Spheal line, Glaceon, Vanillite line, Cryogonal, Kyurem, Mew.

  14. #1989
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    388

    Default

    I actually really like Glaze, can it's ability be stacked? Would it be considered an entry hazard? I could see this becoming broken though


    ^Credit to Anakbae^

  15. #1990
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Give us Moody Bidoof back!

    Also, give Regigigas a non-hampering ability and make the Snivy-line's Contrary available. Buff Flareon. Make a Uber-Uber tier, where Deoxys-S with No Guard and OHKO moves resides, along with Wondertomb and Moody Bibarel.

    Introduce Gold Magikarp as a separate Pokémon, with a wide movepool and the following stats:

    75/75/150/125/100/200
    HP/Atk/Def/SA/SD/Spe

    Basically an all-round improvement of the regular stats. Or a regular Magikarp with good movepool and Wonder Guard.

    And turn Red Gyarados into a seperate Pokémon, with the same movepool and the following stats:

    100/150/75/150/100/105
    HP/Atk/Def/SA/SD/Spe

    Let it retain Intimidate
    Vaporeon's a beast.

  16. #1991
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by appelpower View Post
    Give us Moody Bidoof back!
    No. Moody is broken.
    Also, give Regigigas a non-hampering ability and make the Snivy-line's Contrary available. Buff Flareon. Make a Uber-Uber tier, where Deoxys-S with No Guard and OHKO moves resides, along with Wondertomb and Moody Bibarel.
    I agree with Regigigas, thought that could push it to uber depending on it's abillity. Flareon does need a better physical fire move. No need for a tiers after ubers.
    Introduce Gold Magikarp as a separate Pokémon, with a wide movepool and the following stats:

    75/75/150/125/100/200
    HP/Atk/Def/SA/SD/Spe

    Basically an all-round improvement of the regular stats. Or a regular Magikarp with good movepool and Wonder Guard.

    And turn Red Gyarados into a seperate Pokémon, with the same movepool and the following stats:

    100/150/75/150/100/105
    HP/Atk/Def/SA/SD/Spe

    Let it retain Intimidate
    The shiny thing, just no.
    Comments in bold.

  17. #1992
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    I actually really like Glaze, can it's ability be stacked? Would it be considered an entry hazard? I could see this becoming broken though
    Yeah, broken seems like a good way to describe it. It effectively neuters choice scarf users outright, and makes priority the only reliable way to revenge kill. A stat dropping entry hazard, especially when that stat is speed, just seems a bit overpowered.
    I make no claim of being perfect or always right. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

    My Friend Safari is horribly underwhelming, being a Fighting Safari with Machoke, Sawk, and Hariyama.

  18. #1993
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    664

    Default

    A Change for existing Mechanics:

    Hail weather:
    Benefits of it will be.
    -Damages every type excluding Ice and Magic Guard / Overcoat ability users.
    -Increases the Defense and Sp. Defense of every Ice Pokemon in the battlefield by three stages
    -Powers up Ice moves
    -Gives Perfect accuracy to every Ice attack
    Current Chapter: 27: Tethered Together

  19. #1994
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    I actually really like Glaze, can it's ability be stacked? Would it be considered an entry hazard? I could see this becoming broken though
    Yup it's an entry hazard but it cant be stacked though, and it's just one drop in speed, it's just something to give ice types and slower Pokemon a little something to boost them with and some use.

  20. #1995
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orre
    Posts
    1,394

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    A Change for existing Mechanics:

    Hail weather:
    Benefits of it will be.
    -Damages every type excluding Ice and Magic Guard / Overcoat ability users.
    -Increases the Defense and Sp. Defense of every Ice Pokemon in the battlefield by three stages
    -Powers up Ice moves
    -Gives Perfect accuracy to every Ice attack
    That stat boost, no matter how weak some ice types are, is ridiculous. Also, only Blizzard should have perfect accuracy in hail, and it already does.

  21. #1996
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Battling Corporation
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    A Change for existing Mechanics:

    Hail weather:
    Benefits of it will be.
    -Damages every type excluding Ice and Magic Guard / Overcoat ability users.
    -Increases the Defense and Sp. Defense of every Ice Pokemon in the battlefield by three stages
    -Powers up Ice moves
    -Gives Perfect accuracy to every Ice attack
    That stat boost, no matter how weak some ice types are, is ridiculous. Also, only Blizzard should have perfect accuracy in hail, and it already does.
    I completely agree with Shadow. Maybe decrease the speed of opponents by one stage because they can't see if it's really heavy (thinking route 227), but giving perfect accuracy? That is just overpoweringly broken.

  22. #1997
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Oi! from Boston!
    Posts
    722

    Default


    Weakspot Gem
    Flavour: A one use item that allows an attack to ignore boosts. It is consumed after use.
    Effect: It's consumed when the wielder uses any attacking move, and allows that move to hit the opponent as if it didn't have any Defence or Sp. Def boosts. Basically insurance against Calm Mind users and Baton Pass teams.

  23. #1998
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SE asia, Phiippines.
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    I completely agree with Shadow. Maybe decrease the speed of opponents by one stage because they can't see if it's really heavy (thinking route 227), but giving perfect accuracy? That is just overpoweringly broken.
    Perhaps there is something to complement the sealth rock issue / Stone Edge's critical ratio. But okay ... Every Ice types will have their speed reduced by 1 level.
    Current Chapter: 27: Tethered Together

  24. #1999
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Parilia City
    Posts
    2,795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bloocookies View Post
    New Moves

    Combustion (Fire)
    PP:10
    Acc: 100
    Description: The user intensifies the fire inside of them to sharply raise it's Defense and Special Defense.
    Distribution: Charmander line, Torchic line, Chimchar line, Tepig line, Vulpix, Growlithe, Magby Line, Flareon, Slugma line, Numel line, Litwick line, Heatmor, Mew, Torkoal.

    Rapid Rush (Water)
    Power: 100
    PP: 5
    Acc: 90
    Physical
    Description: The user rams/swims into the opponent at full force, may cause the foe to become confused
    Distribution: Goldeen line, Horsea line, Vaporeon, Totodile line, Marill, Azumarill, Quilfish, Carvanha line, Piplup line, Buizel line, Finneon line, Basculin, Alomomola, Dratini line, Swinub line, Mareep line, Shinx line, Blitzle line, Zigzagoon line, Lillipup line, Mew.

    Ignite (Fire)
    Power: 40
    PP: 5
    Acc: 100
    Special
    Description: The user ignites the land that the foe stands on this will sharply raise the foes speed however, and will remove entry any hazards (Can be used on teammates)
    Distribution: Growlithe line Moltres, Entei, Heatran, Magby line, Flareon, Slugma line, Ho-Oh, Heatmor, Torkoal, Groudon, Tepig line Larvesta line, Mew. .
    (This is more of a support move)

    Glaze (Ice)
    PP: 20
    Description: The user freezes the floor beneath the opponents team, which causes opponents that switch in to battle to slip and lower speed one stage, the heavier the opponent the more damage taken when switched in.
    Distribution: Seel line, Smoochum line, Lapras, Articuno, Delibird, Snorunt line, Spheal line, Glaceon, Vanillite line, Cryogonal, Kyurem, Mew.
    Combustion - Way too good. Other moves that increase two stats by one stage each or one stat by two stages are already used widely (Calm Mind, Amnesia, Swords Dance, and Bulk Up come to mind). This move would make the metagame pretty Fire-type skewed.

    Rapid Rush - What's the confusion rate on this move? It shouldn't be any more than 20% at the very maximum.

    Ignite - I don't get how igniting the land underneath the target's position would sharply raise its Speed, but I guess it works.

    Glaze - It's actually pretty nice. I wouldn't mind having this entry hazard. But yeah, it shouldn't stack, as was already mentioned.

    Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    A Change for existing Mechanics:

    Hail weather:
    Benefits of it will be.
    -Damages every type excluding Ice and Magic Guard / Overcoat ability users.
    -Increases the Defense and Sp. Defense of every Ice Pokemon in the battlefield by three stages
    -Powers up Ice moves
    -Gives Perfect accuracy to every Ice attack
    No matter how pitiful Ice-type Pokémon may be, a six-stage increase in an Ice-type Pokémon's defensive stats is ridiculous. Statistically speaking, weather is the most force that a team is built around or built to circumvent. Even if Hail is one of the lesser-used weather types, it shouldn't give such a drastic buff for the Pokémon that it benefits and subsequently have its popularity increased so much.

    Giving perfect accuracy to every Ice-type move is a bit redundant as the games stand now, but given that a move that hits 30% of the time that has no effect other than freezing a Pokémon is an almost-perfectly plausible move, having such a benefit is ridiculous as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post

    Weakspot Gem
    Flavour: A one use item that allows an attack to ignore boosts. It is consumed after use.
    Effect: It's consumed when the wielder uses any attacking move, and allows that move to hit the opponent as if it didn't have any Defence or Sp. Def boosts. Basically insurance against Calm Mind users and Baton Pass teams.
    The flavor text should be changed to "A one time use item that allows an attack to ignore its target's defensive boosts. It is consumed after use."
    I couldn't understand what it did before reading your description.





    [IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

  25. #2000
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Deep Ocean
    Posts
    1,725

    Default

    New Abilities
    Hail Break
    Allows the user to always break through Protect or Detect in hailing conditions.
    - All the time with every moves.
    - Distribution: Beartic, Froslass line, Walrein Line, Seel Line, Piplup Line
    - This should provide a good boost to hail teams.

    New Moves
    Flower Trap (Grass)
    PP: 10/Power: 120/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user launches a frenzy of wild petals at the foe that may lower Defense sharply.
    - Distribution: Gloom Line, Cherrim Line, Sunflora line
    - A 120 Grass type physical move that sharply lowers the foes defense at a 30% chance. Too OP? Nope. Still not as bad as Seed Flare. It's pretty much a saviour to Cherrim and it's pathetic physical movepool.

    Arson (Fire)
    PP: 5/Power: 40/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user lets loose a while flare storm that faints the foe while inflicting damage. It is affected by weather.
    - Distribution: Houndoom Line, Heatran Line, Victini, Reshiram
    - Perish Song affected by weather and does damage. How is it affected by weather? Well, in Sun, the time limit is 3 turns. In hail, sand and weather less, it's five. In Rain, it's 7 turns and the damage taken from Arson is reduced by 25%.

    Deduction (??? - Similar to Curse)
    PP: 15/Power: ??/Accuracy: 100/Category: ---/Target: ---
    The user calculates which move will hit the incoming foe for most damage. Attack will fail if the foe does not switch out.
    - Distribution: Alakazam line, Beeheeyem Line, 'Smart' Pokemom
    Scenario:
    The battle begins!
    Beeheeyem and Scizor are both sent out!
    Turn 1: Beeheeyem uses Deduction, but it failed! Scizor uses Swords Dance.
    Turn 2: Beeheeyem uses Deduction, Scizor uses U-Turn, Machoke is sent out! Beeheeyem unleashes a powerful Psycho Boost! (For example)

    - Deduction is similar to Assist. If the foe uses a stats dropping move via Deduction, stats will NOT drop.
    - It has a negative priority.

    Credits to Sworn Metalhead

    ASB Squad

Page 80 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •