Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

In Power Room, if Volcarona switchs in, it insta dies if Rocks are up. Even at Max HP. Isn't Power Room a little cheap?

Allure
    Ghost

Draws the user in to a dark area and confuses them.

Gives confusion and lowers Acc. 1 stage.

Might as well put some of the least used competitive statuses together.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Allure
    Ghost

Draws the user in to a dark area and confuses them.

Gives confusion and lowers Acc. 1 stage.

Might as well put some of the least used competitive statuses together.
    It's funny, since my made-up move that uses that term is a light breeze that you'd see on a bright, sunny day, whereas yours is an eerie, dark tactic.

Anyway, what's the power and accuracy of the move?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Darklord, when Flareon runs Overheat, you run it to OHKO something that you wouldn't normally harm. When you have netted the surprise OHKO, you have basically done your job.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Move name: Burning Coals (or something)
    Type: Fire
    Target: Status (Entry hazard)
    Effect: A single layer of burning coals is laid at the opponents feet. 20% of causing a Burn condition, 20% chance of inflicting 1/4 of the affected Pokémon's total HP, 30% chance of not inflicting any damage, and a 30% chance of inflicting 1/8 of their total HP. Is removed by Rapid Spin, and Water-typed moves. If a Water typed move is used to rid the effect, however, it will lower the accuracy of your opponents moves by 20% for three turns. Fire-types, Pokémon with Water Veil, Flying types, and Pokémon with Levitate are unaffected by the entry hazard part, however they are affected by the accuracy drop, unless they have a Keen Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    Effect: A single layer of burning coals is laid at the opponents feet. 20% of causing a Burn condition, 20% chance of inflicting 1/4 of the affected Pokémon's total HP, 30% chance of not inflicting any damage, and a 30% chance of inflicting 1/8 of their total HP. Is removed by Rapid Spin, and Water-typed moves. If a Water typed move is used to rid the effect, however, it will lower the accuracy of your opponents moves by 20% for three turns. Fire-types, Pokémon with Water Veil, Flying types, and Pokémon with Levitate are unaffected by the entry hazard part, however they are affected by the accuracy drop, unless they have a Keen Eye.
    Hmmm...instead of a water type move, say instead if a water type is sent out, the coals disappear. Increase burn chance. And take out the part about the accuracy lowering. Other then that, great move.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Water Type moves should turn it into Stealth Rocks, since after the embers are extinguished just coals will be left.

It could also just work like Stealth Rocks, only with less damage increments, like 1/3 is the most that will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Darklord, when Flareon runs Overheat, you run it to OHKO something that you wouldn't normally harm. When you have netted the surprise OHKO, you have basically done your job.
    i understand that. but the fact that its so frail, has a mediocre SpA stat, an abyssmal speed stat, and low defense means it would just get wrecked. it cant keep switching in and out, and if running overheat, its best bet is a mixed set. work up with it is redundant and a waste of a moveslot, as you have to use 2 just to get back to ±0.

It'd be a waste of moveslot, unless you were running something like, fire fang/overheat/superpower/bite. even then, you'd still have to switch out and risk sr damage, or LO recoil, or god knows what else.

besides which, what can it ohko with its mediocre SpA that is liable to stay in, or switch in on it? no sane trainer will keep any type of nve type in on it, for risk of a se move.

if it got flare blitz, well...id think it may bump up to ru. though thats a stretch. entei, arcanine, and heatran all outclass it. it'd probably just be another scarf/banded poke in nu/ru

New Move alert!

New Move: Aura Defense

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: +4
    "The user predicts all incoming attacks to sharply raise the users Defense or Sp. Def stats, It fails if the target is not readying an attack, however."

- Aura Defense increases the user's Defense or Special Defense stat by two stages depending on whether the move used affects Physical or Special Defense and unlike other stat boosting moves this has priority. It fails only if the Foe(s) are not readying an attack.

Credit for helping me with this move goes to: thedarklord2155 , Wishing Star and TurboMechaElgyem

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

New Move: Hemorrhage

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: ±0
    "The user gives itself a brain hemorrhage, which sharply raises both speed, Attack, and Special Attack, but in contrast sharply lowers both Defense and Special Defense, as well as sapping 1/8 health of user. This move's effects can be passed on by baton pass, but health will not go down for the reciever. Haze negates the boosts and drops, but leaves the health-sapping effect in place."

- Hemorrhage gives the user a Hemorrhage, taking 1/8 of its health for the period in which the pokemon is on the field. as an added effect, it increases both atk and SpA by 2 stages, increases speed by 2, and decreases both defenses by 2 stages.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: ±0
    "The user gives itself a brain hemorrhage, which sharply raises both speed, Attack, and Special Attack, but in contrast sharply lowers both Defense and Special Defense, as well as sapping 1/8 health of user. This move's effects can be passed on by baton pass, but health will not go down for the reciever. Haze negates the boosts and drops, but leaves the health-sapping effect in place."

- Hemorrhage gives the user a Hemorrhage, taking 1/8 of its health for the period in which the pokemon is on the field. as an added effect, it increases both atk and SpA by 2 stages, increases speed by 2, and decreases both defenses by 2 stages.

I like, I like. But don't you think a Water Type would fit this move more rather than Fighting? Considering a hemorrhage involves blood.

I really like the concept you have there, i think Heats shards as the name has a better sound to it.

Eh, too complex in my opinion. I'd personally just have it be an entry hazard that lasts for a finite amount of turns, and any Pokémon that switches in has a 50% or so chance to become burned or something. But that may just be me.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New Move alert!

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: +2
    "The user predicts all incoming attacks to in return sharply raise the users Defense and Sp. Def stats. "

- Aura Defense increases the user's Defense and Special Defense stat by two stages. but unlike other stat boosting moves this has priority.
    Priority four-stage net increase in stats? That's extremely powerful.
    Now if its accuracy were reduced, it'd be less powerful.

Alternatively:

Aura Defense v.02
    Type: Fighting / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: +2
    - Increases the user's Defense and Sp. Def by one stage each every time the user is hit this turn.

Hemorrhage...? Let alone giving yourself one? o_o;''

Anyway, while I don't particularly like moves that have a lot of effects like these, by no means do I personally think it's that broken. Yeah, you get +2 Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed, but you get -2 Defense and Sp. Def, and pseudo-Poison along with it, which balances it out.

I do think that the Baton Pass recipient should retain the pseudo-Poison, though. It only makes sense that the entire effect of the move stays.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Priority four-stage net increase in stats? That's extremely powerful.
    Now if its accuracy were reduced, it'd be less powerful.

Alternatively:

Aura Defense v.02
    Type: Fighting / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: +2
    - Increases the user's Defense and Sp. Def by one stage each every time the user is hit this turn.
    Don't you think your version of the move is even more powerful? If a Pokemon uses a a multi-hit attack and gets 5 times then you've just increased your defense and Sp.Def by 5 stages in just one turn. O_O

Not to mention the whole concept of the move is to predict, then protect yourself for the attack so having the Pokemon raise it's defense and Sp.Defense after you get hit kinda defeats the purpose.

Revamped version: Aura Defense v.03

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: +2*(if the foe(s) uses an attacking move)
    "The user predicts all incoming attacks to sharply raise the users Defense and Sp. Def stats, if the foe(s) is not readying an attack the user my fails to go first"

- Aura Defense increases the user's Defense and Special Defense stat by two stages. but unlike other stat boosting moves this has priority. It has priority only if the Foe(s) are readying an attack but other than that it has 0 priority.

So what do you think of this version, Wishing star? It's kinda like a combination of Sucker Punch and a stat boosting move

thats...fair....er. make it like, fail if user doesnt attack, like sucker punch. basically, now, you are guaranteed to get a +2/+2 boost, while all the opponent can do to balance it out is taunt, haze, or boost with nasty plot, or swords dance. even then, you still have other boosts, easily replacing amnesia and barrier.

pokemon that get it: mew, lucario, riolu, any others?

hemorrhage: basically, i took the idea of curse(ghost type), combined with sun boosted growth, combined with close combat's effects. basically, when you have a hemorrhage, you dont normally think straight. hence, it was born :P

pokemon that get: haxorus, any others?

thats...fair....er. make it like, fail if user doesnt attack, like sucker punch. basically, now, you are guaranteed to get a +2/+2 boost, while all the opponent can do to balance it out is taunt, haze, or boost with nasty plot, or swords dance. even then, you still have other boosts, easily replacing amnesia and barrier.

pokemon that get it: mew, lucario, riolu, any others?
    It's not like +2 Def and +2 Sp.Def is uber powerful, heck Cotton Guard has +3 Def. The Pokemon that will get it is probably Fighting and Psychic Types. Also, the creation Trio and Arceus will probably get it as well.

Don't you think your version of the move is even more powerful? If a Pokemon uses a a multi-hit attack and gets 5 times then you've just increased your defense and Sp.Def by 5 stages in just one turn. O_O

Not to mention the whole concept of the move is to predict, then protect yourself for the attack so having the Pokemon raise it's defense and Sp.Defense after you get hit kinda defeats the purpose.
    Hmm, yeah. But you could say the same thing about Iron Barbs and Rough Skin, too. If a Cinccino with used Tail Slap used Skill Link on a Ferrothorn, then... well, you know what'd happen.

Revamped version: Aura Defense v.03

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: +2*(if the foe(s) uses an attacking move)
    "The user predicts all incoming attacks to sharply raise the users Defense and Sp. Def stats, if the foe(s) is not readying an attack the user my fails to go first"

- Aura Defense increases the user's Defense and Special Defense stat by two stages. but unlike other stat boosting moves this has priority. It has priority only if the Foe(s) are readying an attack but other than that it has 0 priority.

So what do you think of this version, Wishing star? It's kinda like a combination of Sucker Punch and a stat boosting move
    Basically everything thedarklord2155 said. If the foe also sets up on the same turn, you still get a net +4 stat increase, which is extremely good.
    I also agree that making it fail if the foe doesn't target the user would balance it out a bit more.

It's not like +2 Def and +2 Sp.Def is uber powerful, heck Cotton Guard has +3 Def.
    Cotton Guard is an exception to the standards of stat-boosting moves, evident from the net stat increase and from how few Pokémon get the move. Moves such as Cotton Guard, Tail Glow, and Shell Smash shouldn't make up as much of all stat-increasing moves as moves like Meditate and Nasty Plot, let alone be given to a diverse pool of Pokémon.

Basically everything thedarklord2155 said. If the foe also sets up on the same turn, you still get a net +4 stat increase, which is extremely good.
    I also agree that making it fail if the foe doesn't target the user would balance it out a bit more.
    Ok how about if I made it so if the foe(s) is not readying an attack it raises the Defense and Sp.Def of the user by 1 stage instead? and if they are readying an attack, it will raise it by 2 stages and get +2 priority. Would that balance it out?

Ok how about if I made it so if the foe(s) is not readying an attack it raises the Defense and Sp.Def of the user by 1 stage instead? and if they are readying an attack, it will raise it by 2 stages and get +2 priority. Would that balance it out?
    Well, let's see. The user predicts all incoming attacks and raises its defensive stats upon prediction, right? So the defensive stats should only be raised if any Pokémon are targeting the user. If not, then the move fails.

Don't get me wrong; I love the idea, and it would make opponents think twice before going on the offensive. But I feel that getting +2 Defense and Sp. Def is just a bit too powerful.

Well, let's see. The user predicts all incoming attacks and raises its defensive stats upon prediction, right? So the defensive stats should only be raised if any Pokémon are targeting the user. If not, then the move fails.

Don't get me wrong; I love the idea, and it would make opponents think twice before going on the offensive. But I feel that getting +2 Defense and Sp. Def is just a bit too powerful.
    Ok, ok, you've convinced me lol I will make it so that it fails. :P

.....or you could just go with what both of us suggested :/

even with that, you are guaranteed to get a boost. if they attack, it wont do crap, being +2 in the respective field, physical or special. just make it +2 priority, and only effective when being attacked. a net +4 is very good, and getting +2 priority to it? yeah....

.....or you could just go with what both of us suggested :/

even with that, you are guaranteed to get a boost. if they attack, it wont do crap, being +2 in the respective field, physical or special. just make it +2 priority, and only effective when being attacked. a net +4 is very good, and getting +2 priority to it? yeah....
    Yeah I will give you credit as well, sorry. But I will make the priority to +4 then so it can out prioritize Fake out.

Revamped: v.04

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: +4
    "The user predicts all incoming attacks to sharply raise the users Defense or Sp. Def stats, It fails if the target is not readying an attack, however."

- Aura Defense increases the user's Defense or Special Defense stat by two stages depending on whether the move used affects Physical or Special Defense and unlike other stat boosting moves this has priority. It fails only if the Foe(s) are not readying an attack.

^here's what I think it should do:

Lets say pokemon 1 uses aura defense and targets pokemon 2 (it would only target one pokemon).

Pokemon 2 chooses to attack.

Aura defense will check what move the pokemon used to attack it.

If pokemon 2 launches a physical attack at pokemon 1, the aura defense will raise defense

If a special attack, sp defense will be raised

If a status (or not aiming at pokemon 1 at all), aura defense will have no effect.

This could be exploited in doubles, as a field hitting move from one of your pokemon while the other uses aura defense could give it a free defense boost. However, in order to balance it out.

A 1/2 effective attack means aura defense gives +1 increses to either defense

A neutrally effective attack gives +2

x2 effective +3

x4 effective +4

Immune or 1/4 damage no boost.

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMechaElgyem View Post
    ^here's what I think it should do:

Lets say pokemon 1 uses aura defense and targets pokemon 2 (it would only target one pokemon).

Pokemon 2 chooses to attack.

Aura defense will check what move the pokemon used to attack it.

If pokemon 2 launches a physical attack at pokemon 1, the aura defense will raise defense

If a special attack, sp defense will be raised

If a status (or not aiming at pokemon 1 at all), aura defense will have no effect.

This could be exploited in doubles, as a field hitting move from one of your pokemon while the other uses aura defense could give it a free defense boost. However, in order to balance it out.

A 1/2 effective attack means aura defense gives +1 increses to either defense

A neutrally effective attack gives +2

x2 effective +3

x4 effective +4

Immune or 1/4 damage no boost.
    Eh...That all seems way to complicated. But I do like where you were going with the raising respective defense depending on whether the move is physical or special.

EDIT: Yeah I do like your idea, I'm adding it to it. Don't worry I will give you credit.

New Move: Aura Crush

Type: / Power: 120 / Accuracy: 85% / PP: 10 / Target: One Opponent / Category: / Priority: +0
    "The user radiates a crushing aura to mentally and physically attack the foe."

- Aura CrushHas a 10% chance to lower the opponents Special Defense two stages.

Because **** Focus Miss.

New Move: Aura Crush

Type: / Power: 120 / Accuracy: 85% / PP: 10 / Target: One Opponent / Category: / Priority: +0
    "The user radiates a crushing aura to mentally and physically attack the foe."

- Aura CrushHas a 10% chance to lower the opponents Special Defense two stages.

Because **** Focus Miss.
    Reminds me of Seed Flare. I like this quite a bit. And hopefully later I can brew up some ideas for moves.~

Page 10 of 88 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast