Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

New move alert!

New Move: Radiant Surge

Type: / Power: 120 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: One Target / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user releases strong mystical lights at the target for two to three turns. It then becomes confused, however. It may also leave the target with a burn."

- Basically a Fire Type Outrage, Petal Dance, and Thrash. The chance for burning the target is 15%.

If the Light Type existed this move would be that Type instead.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    New Move: Aura Crush

Type: / Power: 120 / Accuracy: 85% / PP: 10 / Target: One Opponent / Category: / Priority: +0
    "The user radiates a crushing aura to mentally and physically attack the foe."

- Aura CrushHas a 10% chance to lower the opponents Special Defense two stages.

Because **** Focus Miss.
    It's pretty much a strictly better Focus Blast (analogous to Tackle being strictly better to Cut). While it's perfectly fine to make moves that are strictly better than other moves, making one that's better than an already-powerful move is a tad too overpowered, no?

But I do see where you're coming from with Focus Miss.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New move alert!

New Move: Radiant Surge

Type: / Power: 120 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: One Target / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user releases strong mystical lights at the target for two to three turns. It then becomes confused, however. It may also leave the target with a burn."

- Basically a Fire Type Outrage, Petal Dance, and Thrash. The chance for burning the target is 15%.

If the Light Type existed this move would be that Type instead.
    Ooh, ouch. I really don't have any comment on the Outrage-equivalent parts, but a 15% burn chance? I imagine that it'd already be extremely powerful without that. Hmm.

By the way, what do "one opponent" and "one target" mean? "Single adjacent Pokémon", or are they one of those moves that can hit non-adjacent Pokémon, too? I'm assuming the targeting restriction for Radiant Surge is the same as that of Outrage and Petal Dance, but I have no idea on Aura Crush.

Anyway, I myself have a new move:

New Move: Flame Helix
    Type: Fire / Power: 105 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user whips up a giant whirlwind of fire that may burn the foe. Critical hits are more difficult to land."
    - No burn chance, and critical hit chance of this move always stays at 6.25% (unaffected by Focus Energy, etc.)

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Ooh, ouch. I really don't have any comment on the Outrage-equivalent parts, but a 15% burn chance? I imagine that it'd already be extremely powerful without that. Hmm.

By the way, what do "one opponent" and "one target" mean? "Single adjacent Pokémon", or are they one of those moves that can hit non-adjacent Pokémon, too? I'm assuming the targeting restriction for Radiant Surge is the same as that of Outrage and Petal Dance, but I have no idea on Aura Crush.
    Yeah when I put "One" I mean a Single adjacent Pokémon. and Yeah it basically has the same mechanics as Outrage.

Anyway, I myself have a new move:

New Move: Flame Helix
    Type: Fire / Power: 105 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user whips up a giant whirlwind of fire that may burn the foe. Critical hits are more difficult to land."
    - No burn chance, and critical hit chance of this move always stays at 6.25% (unaffected by Focus Energy, etc.)
    105? Why that number? that's an odd number to put it, but whatever. This move is basically a weakened Fire Blast. Why make it so Critical hits are more difficult to land?

It's pretty much a strictly better Focus Blast (analogous to Tackle being strictly better to Cut). While it's perfectly fine to make moves that are strictly better than other moves, making one that's better than an already-powerful move is a tad too overpowered, no?

But I do see where you're coming from with Focus Miss.
    I'm not really sure why you think it's overpowered, it's more like a Magma Storm vs. Fire Blast situation. if I'd said 40% chance of sharply lowering the opponents SpD, then I might agree with it being overpowered, but it's fine as is.

105? Why that number? that's an odd number to put it, but whatever. This move is basically a weakened Fire Blast. Why make it so Critical hits are more difficult to land?
    I wanted to make it closer to 120, but if I did, it'd be too close to Fire Blast. Then again, Fire Blast has standard critical hit rate and has a chance to burn, and Flame Helix doesn't have a chance to burn and has a low critical hit rate, so I guess it could be 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    I'm not really sure why you think it's overpowered, it's more like a Magma Storm vs. Fire Blast situation. if I'd said 40% chance of sharply lowering the opponents SpD, then I might agree with it being overpowered, but it's fine as is.
    Magma Storm vs. Fire Blast is different than Tackle vs. Cut because Magma Storm is the signature move of a Pokémon (Heatran). It's alright for a signature move to be more powerful, simply because it's the signature move of one Pokémon (Psystrike and Mewtwo, for example). Of course, unless you intend on this move to be the signature move of a Pokémon. Otherwise, though, 20-25% for one stage drop seems to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    oops, lol. meant power room. whichever doubles the effectiveness.
    Nope. There's no such thing as a x8 type weakness so Volcarona and Charizard still take 50% health.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooloolcool View Post
    In Power Room, if Volcarona switchs in, it insta dies if Rocks are up. Even at Max HP. Isn't Power Room a little cheap?
    Cheap, maybe. But I don't think everything insta-dies from SR even with Power Room lol

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Nope. There's no such thing as a x8 type weakness so Volcarona and Charizard still take 50% health.
    While there hasn't been an actual x8 weakness in any scenario in the games, there can definitely be a x8 weakness.
    For all intents and purposes, though, Power Room should cap out at x4 weakness. Which means Scizor would still take x4 from a Flamethrower, and Parasect x5.

New move alert!

New Move: Doppelganger

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user makes an illusionary copy of the selected target using some of its HP. The copy serves as the user’s decoy."

-Doppelganger is basically a Substitute except instead it makes a copy of the selected target taking 50%(rounded down) of the selected targets maximum HP using your own HP. So say the selected targets HP is 10, the user must sacrifice 5 HP of their HP to create the doppelganger. The Doppelganger takes on the Type, Level and Pokemon species of the selected target. Doppelganger can select ally's as the target in Double and Triple Battles. So other than those few exceptions Doppelganger follows the same function and rules as Substitute.

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user makes an illusionary copy of the selected target using some of its HP. The copy serves as the user’s decoy."

-Doppelganger is basically a Substitute except instead it makes a copy of the selected target taking 50%(rounded down) of the selected targets maximum HP using your own HP. So say the selected targets HP is 10, the user must sacrifice 5 HP of their HP to create the doppelganger. The Doppelganger takes on the Type, Level and Pokemon species of the selected target. Doppelganger can select ally's as the target in Double and Triple Battles. So other than those few exceptions Doppelganger follows the same function and rules as Substitute.
    So it's basically a targeted Illusion ability, but with the type too? Neat! (:
    Although a Shuckle using Doppelganger on a Blissey wouldn't really work too well, haha. :P

I am not creative with names but a 120 Physical Ground move with 80% would be nice. It would be like other moves like Stone Edge, Fire Blast, etc where it has 5 PP as well. Oh and Stealth Icicles like I mentioned before would be nice IMO.

So it's basically a targeted Illusion ability, but with the type too? Neat! (:
    Although a Shuckle using Doppelganger on a Blissey wouldn't really work too well, haha. :P
    Yup ^_^. Yeah It's advise that Pokemon with less HP not try this on Pokemon with massive HP. You think 50% is to much? Maybe 25% like Substitute?

Yup ^_^. Yeah It's advise that Pokemon with less HP not try this on Pokemon with massive HP. You think 50% is to much? Maybe 25% like Substitute?
    Would this be a very limited distribution or would it be like Subsitute where about every Pokemon gets it?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Would this be a very limited distribution or would it be like Subsitute where about every Pokemon gets it?
    I wouldn't say it would be as common as Substitute but a good amount of Pokemon would be able to learn it, not too little but not too much.

I wouldn't say it would be as common as Substitute but a good amount of Pokemon would be able to learn it, not too little but not too much.
    I was thinking of it being a distribution to most Ghosts like Gengar, Sableye, etc. wheres it is a rare distribution to other types but thats me:/

Blaze Charge
    Type: Physical
    Power: 95 Accuracy: 100
    PP: 15 Priority: 0
    Recoil: yes
    If GF won't give Flare Blitz to Flareon, at least give it this.

What if Shell Smash was nerfed down to only +1 in attack, sp attack, and speed while defense drps are still -1, would it still be usable?

I was thinking of it being a distribution to most Ghosts like Gengar, Sableye, etc. wheres it is a rare distribution to other types but thats me:/

Blaze Charge
    Ah, how nice.~

What if Shell Smash was nerfed down to only +1 in attack, sp attack, and speed while defense drps are still -1, would it still be usable?
    Yes it would be.

hmmm I was actually debating to myself if I should make Doppelganger a Ghost, Dark or Normal Type move. What do you all think?

Blaze Charge
    So basically a Fire Type Wild Charge? I like, but I think it should raise speed 1 or 2 stage(s) like Flame Charge.

Probably not. Since many Pokemon don't learn that move anyway the overpoweredness(if that's even a word lol) of the move is not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Ah, how nice.~

Yes it would be.
    Yeah, but the power loss hurts it a bit, especially to Cloyster, the move that brought it to OU, maybe Cloyster's usage would be lowered too since it loves to sweep with higher speed and attack.

Yeah, but the power loss hurts it a bit, especially to Cloyster, the move that brought it to OU, maybe Cloyster's usage would be lowered too since it loves to sweep with higher speed and attack.
    Well of course it does, the drop in stat changes could lose the Shell Smash users a few kills, and it wouldn't be as much of a threat anymore. If Shell Smash only did +/-1 instead of +/-1 I think Cloyster would be BL, too powerful for UU.

Revamped Version:

I've decided to make Doppleganger a Ghost type move instead.

50% is fine, considering that the user creates a copy of whatever Pokémon its trainer wants it to.

Blaze Charge
    Solid and balanced. I'm assuming the recoil is a quarter of the damage done.

Revamped Version:

I've decided to make Doppleganger a Ghost type move instead.
    Two more things about Doppelganger:
    - Targeting should be either single adjacent Pokémon or any friendly target. After all, you're not always meant to make a decoy of yourself, right?
    - Speaking of targets, can this target the far foe in a triple battle?

Shell Smash should be able to have the defense drop negated somehow other than White Herb

New Move Effect

Old-Withdraw: User tucks into it's shell and Raises Def 1 stage.

New-Withdraw: User tucks into it's shell and Raises Def 1 stage. If used after Shell Smash both Defenses are raised 2 stages.

Imagine Cloyster, Shell Smash, Withdraw to boost defenses, and surf+Rock Blast/Icicle Spear.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Two more things about Doppelganger:
    - Targeting should be either single adjacent Pokémon or any friendly target. After all, you're not always meant to make a decoy of yourself, right?
    - Speaking of targets, can this target the far foe in a triple battle?
    -The selected target can be any Pokemon including the Pokemon using Doppelganger. So it's Self and single adjacent Pokémon to the user. Is it possible to have both?
    - No. Only Pokémon adjacent to the user.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Shell Smash should be able to have the defense drop negated somehow other than White Herb

New Move Effect

Old-Withdraw: User tucks into it's shell and Raises Def 1 stage.

New-Withdraw: User tucks into it's shell and Raises Def 1 stage. If used after Shell Smash both Defenses are raised 2 stages.

Imagine Cloyster, Shell Smash, Withdraw to boost defenses, and surf+Rock Blast/Icicle Spear.
    I approve. I was actually thinking of something similar, but yours is much better.

-The selected target can be any Pokemon including the Pokemon using Doppelganger. So it's Self and single adjacent Pokémon to the user. Is it possible to have both?
    - No. Only Pokémon adjacent to the user.
    Of course it's possible. In fact, the following two moves can affect any Pokémon on the battlefield:

New Move: Incite Body
    Type: Fighting / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: Any Pokémon / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user stimulates the target's body, making each of its moves deal physical damage for three turns."
    - Makes it so that the damage calculation each of the Pokémon's moves over the next three turns are based on their target's Defense, rather than their Sp. Def. Think of it like Psyshock.

New Move: Incite Mind
    Type: Psychic / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: Any Pokémon / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user stimulates the target's mind, making each of its moves deal special damage for three turns."
    - Same as Incite Body, but makes it so that the Pokémon's moves factor in Sp. Def rather than Defense, if it doesn't do so already.

Neither move changes whether Attack or Sp. Atk is used, and neither changes whether or not the move makes contact.

^That sounds neat.

Shell Smash should raise stats like this: +1/-1/+1/-1/+2, but I guess Cloyster would miss the power.

Current Hunt: Eterna Forest

16,110 REs

Or a parallel to Shell Smash

Shell Build
    Water
    Status
    The user bulks up on armor
    Lowers Speed 3 Stages, boosts Def 2 stages and SpDef 2 stages.

Would give slower Shell Smash users something to bulk up with instead.
    Torkoal could actually take hits a little better in Nu...
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Page 11 of 88 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast