Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Insecticide
    Rock Burst - I don't see the flavor behind a Rock-type move being dependent on which offensive stat is higher. Mind explaining it to me?
    . I

Actually, I was thinking of a trio rock types and a "master" steel one that could appear in 6th gen (pure fandom lol) Its sort of like Gigalith for the shape and stuff growing on it and its expression and of course colour differentiate it. Like Water/Rock would be oval stone, with seaweed growing on it. Grass/Rock would get Moss growing on it while fire is just fire blazing on a rock. Sounds terrible, I know.
    I also agree that the burst abilities are a bit overpowered, but they're restricted to those 4 so flame would go to fire/rock to deal with the x4 water weakness, water would go to the water/rock to deal with the x4 grass weakness and so on. Steel Burst is restricted to the steel one, so the distribution is really sparse.

So anyways, the quad's signature move is the rock burst, which is again, restricted to them.
    Rock Burst is similar to Psyshock, where I got my inspiration from. I realised that there was only TWO special rock type moves: Ancient Power and Power Gem, with both of them hitting quite low at a 60 and 70 Base Power respectively. I thought that it would be good if there was a third skill, where I thought it'd be Rock Burst (as they're rocks! Actually the rocks are just random drawing of a Gigalith body and I decided to fit in the pan family look into it xD). I thought it'd be interesting again, if the skill has its unique mechanism so that's how I thought of Rock Burst!

So the point for Rock Burst is that:
    The Fire/Rock Pokemon has a 110 base attack and 60 special attack against a Tangrowth with 125 special defense and 50 defense. Thus, when the fire/rock pokemon uses Rock Burst, it would actually be a physical move but Tangrowth will take it as a special move due to its special stats being lower and thus, due special damage (in this case) but uses attack stats!

Here are some changes I would enjoy:
    Constrict - Damage increased to 30 B.P. B.P doubles every turn until it reaches 480 B.P and speed is decreased by one stage every turn when the opponent is hit by this attack
    Rollout - Extra effect: Foe's Defense is decreased by one stage every turn when the opponent is hit by this attack. Accuracy increased to 100.
    Ice Ball - Extra effect: Foe's Special Defense is decreased by one stage every turn when the opponent is hit by this attack. Accuracy increased to 100. Attack Type is changed to Special.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

So Magcargo gets it? Speaking of which he needs a boost or evolution along with a huge handful of other Fire Pokemon. It might not get them out of NU (see Charizard) but it would help.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Macargo Macargo...

Escagma

The shell has solidified into a large lump of Coal, and the part Fire used to spout from is a diamond now. Macargo's lava body is very large and has spots of cooled lava dotting it.

Rock/Fire

Solid Rock(or Sturdy, not sure)/Flame Body/Weak Armor

HP: 100
    ATK: 75
    DEF: 150
    SpA: 105
    SpD: 130
    Spe: 60

Notable Changes to it

Power Gem
    Energy Ball
    Shadow Sneak
    Nasty Plot

massive defenses and moderate HP with access to Recover means it mar be able to survive long enough to threaten some teams.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Escagma

The shell has solidified into a large lump of Coal, and the part Fire used to spout from is a diamond now. Macargo's lava body is very large and has spots of cooled lava dotting it.

Rock/Fire

Solid Rock(or Sturdy, not sure)/Flame Body/Weak Armor

HP: 100
    ATK: 75
    DEF: 150
    SpA: 105
    SpD: 130
    Spe: 60

Notable Changes to it

Power Gem
    Energy Ball
    Shadow Sneak
    Nasty Plot

massive defenses and moderate HP with access to Recover means it mar be able to survive long enough to threaten some teams.
    The base stats total 620. o_e

I never really liked the Slugma line much, but those moves would definitely give it the coverage it oh so desperately needs. I personally think it would have Flame Body, but that may be because I've seen so many Pokémon with Sturdy already.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

I think Surskit should get a side evolution, as Water/Bug is unique and Masquerin is just a pure waste of an evolution... I'll throw in what I think a Surskit sub-evo should be

Surcitius
    (According to google translate, citius means swift. So taking sur from surf/surface -Bulbapedia reference, it goes like swiftly on water)

Appearance: It has a longer body than Surskit, with even thinner legs. The hat is still there and it still looks cute!

Surskit -> Surcitius
    Method: LV up near a Whirlpool or Waterfall

Pokedex Entry: All SURCITIUS are masters of art in water skating. They reside in fresh water ponds.

Stats
    HP: 60
    Attack: 90
    Defense: 90
    Special Attack: 20
    Special Defense: 80
    Speed: 110
    Total Stats: 450

Abilities:
    Speed Boost/Water Absorb

Noticeable Movepool:
    Sword Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Aqua Jet
    Tri-Punch
    U-Turn

Do you think Surskit should get a sub-evo?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

New Item: Trigger Lens
    "A lens with a very accurate crosshair. It improves the number of hits dealt by multi-hit moves."
    - Skill Link on an item. Hello, Technician Breloom with Bullet Seed! (:
    Don't forget tail slap cinccino too. She'll love that item combined with technician, that means she can hold wake up slap again as a counter to steels.
    But if any of you played pokemon conquest, some of the abilities there would have fit in the main games. Here's an example;

Parry:
    Pokemon Conquest: has a chance of protecting the pokemon from and attack involving physical contact. Ranged attacks cannot be parried however.
    Pokemon main series: Does the same as how conquest does it but it blocks contact attacks by 50% or 70%. That means extreme speeding or close combating wont't be executed that easily. Thus, it forces the enemy to use SP. attacks instead.
    Current Chapter: 36: Inner Mountain Province (Click the Banner above)

For Trigger Lens, I would make it like Choice Band where your locked into one move.

Hey guys! I got a new move.

Fog Dance (name is pending)
    PP: What ever Rain Dance has
    Type: Normal
    Other
    Effect: Creates fog over the field that lasts for 5 turns.

Fog Effect (I'm changing the mechanics): Lowers accuracy by 30% (all pokemon). Normal and Flying Type Moves are increased by 50%. Is Defog lowers opponents accuracy as well as evasiveness by 2 stages.

What do you guys think?
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    Hey guys! I got a new move.

Fog Dance (name is pending)
    PP: What ever Rain Dance has
    Type: Normal
    Other
    Effect: Creates fog over the field that lasts for 5 turns.

Fog Effect (I'm changing the mechanics): Lowers accuracy by 30% (all pokemon). Normal and Flying Type Moves are increased by 50%. Is Defog lowers opponents accuracy as well as evasiveness by 2 stages.

What do you guys think?
    Stall teams will be so hard to counter that way.. and scyther will be OU (technican aerial ace)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Abilities
    Life Guard- Automatically switches in when opponent uses offensive Water-type moves and takes the damage from the move.
    Surge Guard- Automatically switches in when opponent uses offensive Electric-type moves and takes the damage from the move.
    Fire Fighter- Automatically switches in when opponent uses offensive Fire-type moves and takes the damage from the move.
    Brain Power- Doubles Special Attack of Pokemon.
    Sharpshooter- All moves hit without miss, but power is reduced by 20%

Ability Revamps
    Run Away- Always allows a Pokemon to excape from a trapping move.
    Illuminate- Increases accuracy by 10% and lowers opponent's accuracy by 10%
    Battle Armor- Prevents critical hits and powers up Physical moves by 10%
    Damp- Prevents the use of Selfdestruct or Explosion. Prevents Aftermath from doing damage. Water moves do 30% less damage.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Abilities
    Life Guard- Automatically switches in when opponent uses offensive Water-type moves and takes the damage from the move.
    Surge Guard- Automatically switches in when opponent uses offensive Electric-type moves and takes the damage from the move.
    Fire Fighter- Automatically switches in when opponent uses offensive Fire-type moves and takes the damage from the move.

Ability Revamps
    Damp- Prevents the use of Selfdestruct or Explosion. Prevents Aftermath from doing damage. Water moves do 30% less damage.

I don't like the first 3 abilities,they force a in the party to do something when you don't what not always convenient.
    Brain Power is Huge Power counterpart.
    Sharpshooter is Hustle counterpart which makes 120 BP moves have 96 power most people probably will dislike it since power>accuracy most of the time but Both Focus Blast and Dynamic Power would benefit.

It probably have access to Inferno and Focus Blast which will be quite amazing if it also gets thunder and blizzard they are exactly like bolt/beam.

I think Run Away should be like this too.
    Illuminate I hate abilities which affect the opponent accuracy but sounds interesting.
    Battle Armor would be great but a bit broken.
    Damp- everything that will make water moves less used is great.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

I was thinking for the first three for an ability that auto-switches a Pokemon out of a SE move onto a Pokemon who resist it (Suicune, Raikou, and Entei were on my mind when I made this). The idea of those three abilities is to ease prediction and allow for players to be more reckless in offense, as switching will undoubted be automatic. I'll give an example.

C Scarf TTar vs. Starmie (idk)

yadayada's Tyranitar used Stone Edge!
    Does x%
    Blah's Starmie uses Hydro Pump.
    Yadayada's Suicune's Life Guard activated!
    yadayada called back Tyranitar!
    yadayada sent out Suicune!

Oh and there are some other buffs to abilities I wanted, mostly DW abilities.
    Healer- 30% chance that the next Pokemon switched in will have status relieved in Singles. (Basically, if Blissey with Healer switches out into something like a Poisoned Dragonite, there's a 30% chance of D-Nite becoming status free)
    Heavy Metal- This Pokémon's weight is doubled. If a Flying-type has this ability, it is no longer immune to Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Ground-type moves (Kinda useless, but makes sense though)
    Infiltrator- Allows for a Pokemon to deal damage and inflict status on a Pokemon behind a Substitute.
    Justified- Immune to Dark-type moves
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I think Surskit should get a side evolution, as Water/Bug is unique and Masquerin is just a pure waste of an evolution... I'll throw in what I think a Surskit sub-evo should be

Surcitius
    (According to google translate, citius means swift. So taking sur from surf/surface -Bulbapedia reference, it goes like swiftly on water)

Appearance: It has a longer body than Surskit, with even thinner legs. The hat is still there and it still looks cute!

Surskit -> Surcitius
    Method: LV up near a Whirlpool or Waterfall

Pokedex Entry: All SURCITIUS are masters of art in water skating. They reside in fresh water ponds.

Stats
    HP: 60
    Attack: 90
    Defense: 90
    Special Attack: 20
    Special Defense: 80
    Speed: 110
    Total Stats: 450

Abilities:
    Speed Boost/Water Absorb

Noticeable Movepool:
    Sword Dance
    Bug Buzz
    Aqua Jet
    Tri-Punch
    U-Turn

Do you think Surskit should get a sub-evo?
    I always wanted Surskit to get an evolution to something other than Masquerain. Its Bug/Water (not Water/Bug; I say this because of my made-up Ignorant ability) uniqueness was ruined by Masquerain.

But I have to mention: Bug Buzz with a base 20 SpA...? And that Speed Boost would really help the guy out.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Don't forget tail slap cinccino too. She'll love that item combined with technician, that means she can hold wake up slap again as a counter to steels.
    But if any of you played pokemon conquest, some of the abilities there would have fit in the main games. Here's an example;

Parry:
    Pokemon Conquest: has a chance of protecting the pokemon from and attack involving physical contact. Ranged attacks cannot be parried however.
    Pokemon main series: Does the same as how conquest does it but it blocks contact attacks by 50% or 70%. That means extreme speeding or close combating wont't be executed that easily. Thus, it forces the enemy to use SP. attacks instead.
    I already mentioned the Cinccino.

Parry seems neat. You said it blocks contact moves by a certain percentage, and that it doesn't block special attacks. Does it block moves like Earthquake and Razor Leaf (moves that are physical but don't make contact)?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    For Trigger Lens, I would make it like Choice Band where your locked into one move.
    But Skill Link doesn't lock you into a move. Trigger Lens is literally Skill Link on an item, with no bonuses or penalties whatsoever.

Abilities

Ability Revamps
    Life Guard, Surge Guard, and Fire Fighter - Okay, but what if multiple Pokémon with Life Guard are in your party and your active Pokémon is targeted by a Water-type move?
    Brain Power - Solid counterpart for Huge Power.
    Sharpshooter - Kind of like a reverse Hustle, in a sense. While Hustle isn't that great on certain Pokémon and with certain moves, it's awesome on others. This ability would most likely be the same. I like it.

Run Away - Yeah, I never knew why the ability didn't do this in the first place. Same with other abilities in this category, such as Illuminate.
    Illuminate - And right when I mention Illuminate, this happens. The Wide Lens effect seems nice, but I'm not sure whether or not the opponent accuracy drop is too much of a luck factor to make it worth a ban.
    Battle Armor - Awesome. And then Shell Armor could also increase Defense by 10% in the same manner.
    Damp - Seeing as most Pokémon with this ability are Water-type, I'm sure the 30% reduction isn't bad at all.

Healer- 30% chance that the next Pokemon switched in will have status relieved in Singles. (Basically, if Blissey with Healer switches out into something like a Poisoned Dragonite, there's a 30% chance of D-Nite becoming status free)
    Heavy Metal- This Pokémon's weight is doubled. If a Flying-type has this ability, it is no longer immune to Spikes, Toxic Spikes, and Ground-type moves (Kinda useless, but makes sense though)
    Infiltrator- Allows for a Pokemon to deal damage and inflict status on a Pokemon behind a Substitute.
    Healer - I hate abilities that are useless in singles. This would make Healer much more useful, potentially to the point where your team may not need a dedicated cleric.
    Heavy Metal - Fits within flavor. While the ability would be even more useless than it may already be, it makes sense.
    Infiltrator - I wouldn't make the Infiltrator Pokémon's moves be directly able to work around the Substitute, but rather continue to damage behind the Substitute if the move deals more than what the Substitute can sustain. But I might just be looking at your description incorrectly.
    Justified - Immune to Dark-type moves, as well as an Attack increase? I say yes!

New Move: Extinguish
    Type: Water / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "This water-based attack deals double damage on a target with a burn. It also cures the target's burn, however."
    - Water-type, burn-curing equivalent of SmellingSalt and Wake-Up Slap.

I was thinking for the first three for an ability that auto-switches a Pokemon out of a SE move onto a Pokemon who resist it (Suicune, Raikou, and Entei were on my mind when I made this). The idea of those three abilities is to ease prediction and allow for players to be more reckless in offense, as switching will undoubted be automatic. I'll give an example.

C Scarf TTar vs. Starmie (idk)

yadayada's Tyranitar used Stone Edge!
    Does x%
    Blah's Starmie uses Hydro Pump.
    Yadayada's Suicune's Life Guard activated!
    yadayada called back Tyranitar!
    yadayada sent out Suicune!

Well what if gyarados Plitoed uses scald and then you can be encored (crocune) or toxicated (every other suicune) also what if a pokemon uses an aqua jet in front of a +2 gyarados.. it is a shame you will switch cause you have a pokemon like that that's why I think it isn't that good mostly.
    Healer: everything that would make an otherwise bad ability useful but blissey will probably still use Natural Cure.
    Heavy Metal: why making it even more useless? bronzong loses levitate anyway.
    Infiltrator kinda OP
    Justified: MEH not a big deal cause all justified pokemons except gallade are all resistance to dark, but it should be like this.

Ok some of mine:
    Pressure Upgrade: instead of losing 2 PP it loses 3 PP because stalling is boring and it should be faster..
    Rotom Movepool Upgrades:
    Rotom gets a new 120 power 80 accuracy ghost move.
    Rotom-S gets Hurricane.
    Rotom-F gets Ice Beam.
    Rotom-W gets Surf (won't probably be used but still)
    Rotom-H gets Fire Blast
    Rotom-C gets Giga Drain
    *it is a new move learned by each form at lvl 100 and can't be passed to other forms which means a heartscale each time changing forms or something like that..
    New Rotom Form: Rotom-T (Train) Electric/Steel it gets a new Hydro Pump steel counter part and Flash Cannon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Well what if gyarados Plitoed uses scald and then you can be encored (crocune) or toxicated (every other suicune) also what if a pokemon uses an aqua jet in front of a +2 gyarados.. it is a shame you will switch cause you have a pokemon like that that's why I think it isn't that good mostly.
    Then don't use a Pokémon with those abilities. Nevertheless, this solution does imply that those abilities aren't very practical.

Pressure Upgrade: instead of losing 2 PP it loses 3 PP because stalling is boring and it should be faster..
    Rotom Movepool Upgrades:
    Rotom gets a new 120 power 80 accuracy ghost move.
    Rotom-S gets Hurricane.
    Rotom-F gets Ice Beam.
    Rotom-W gets Surf (won't probably be used but still)
    Rotom-H gets Fire Blast
    Rotom-C gets Giga Drain
    *it is a new move learned by each form at lvl 100 and can't be passed to other forms which means a heartscale each time changing forms or something like that..
    New Rotom Form: Rotom-T (Train) Electric/Steel it gets a new Hydro Pump steel counter part and Flash Cannon.
    Pressure - I think Pressure's fine as it is right now. I see Pressure not as a main form of stall but rather a bonus; being able to use Protect-Wish or Sub-Recover or something like that would be the main way to stall, and Pressure would just be icing on the cake.
    Rotom movepool upgrades - I don't really use the Rotom forms, but otherwise I think they're fine. I'm a bit iffy on Rotom-F, though, since it's the only really "plain" move out there. Hurricane can confuse and is 120 BP, Surf hits all adjacents, Fire Blast can burn and is 120 BP, and Giga Drain absorbs, whereas Ice Beam just seems a bit lackluster when compared to the other formes' "signature" moves.
    Rotom-T - I'm assuming it has Levitate as well. This would nullify its 4x Ground weakness, which is excellent.

Latch bomb
    Type: steel
    Status
    The user fires an explosive that latches on to the opposing pokemon. It deals 150 bp damage after three turns, but can be transferred to another pokemon via a direct hit move and destroyed by rapid spin. Will work if the pokemon is switched out and in the ball when time is up.

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Then don't use a Pokémon with those abilities. Nevertheless, this solution does imply that those abilities aren't very practical.

Pressure - I think Pressure's fine as it is right now. I see Pressure not as a main form of stall but rather a bonus; being able to use Protect-Wish or Sub-Recover or something like that would be the main way to stall, and Pressure would just be icing on the cake.
    Rotom movepool upgrades - I don't really use the Rotom forms, but otherwise I think they're fine. I'm a bit iffy on Rotom-F, though, since it's the only really "plain" move out there. Hurricane can confuse and is 120 BP, Surf hits all adjacents, Fire Blast can burn and is 120 BP, and Giga Drain absorbs, whereas Ice Beam just seems a bit lackluster when compared to the other formes' "signature" moves.
    Rotom-T - I'm assuming it has Levitate as well. This would nullify its 4x Ground weakness, which is excellent.
    I think that's mostly not practical.. since it makes you switch which isn't always good.. since not all water types have the same counter let's say you have something like Ludicolo and suicune switch it and then ludicolo can trap suicune with Hydro Pump/beat it with Giga Drain. it also racks entry hazard damage.
    Ice beam is there cause blizzard sucks in lkower tiers without hail it isn't a good STAB at all ice beam will grant rotom-F boltbeam.
    That's the point of rotom-T having all the 14 types only can be hit by fire,fighting and water (and mold breaker haxorus' Earthquake)

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMechaElgyem View Post
    Latch bomb
    Type: steel
    Status
    The user fires an explosive that latches on to the opposing pokemon. It deals 150 bp damage after three turns, but can be transferred to another pokemon via a direct hit move and destroyed by rapid spin. Will work if the pokemon is switched out and in the ball when time is up.
    Eww, memory issues. The move itself seems pretty good, but the trouble is remembering what Pokémon has it and when, and in how many turns it will explode.
    I always wanted a marker to denote confusion, attraction, Future Sight, Doom Desire, Taunt, Torment, Imprison, and stuff like that. This would also be one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I think that's mostly not practical.. since it makes you switch which isn't always good.. since not all water types have the same counter let's say you have something like Ludicolo and suicune switch it and then ludicolo can trap suicune with Hydro Pump/beat it with Giga Drain. it also racks entry hazard damage.
    Yeah, if the abilities aren't good in practice, then just don't use Pokémon with that ability. If you're scared that your Gyarados with Fire Fighter is going to switch out upon your active Roserade being hit by Fire Blast, then just don't run a Gyarados with Fire Fighter in the first place.

Give Unown an ability to Trick Room the second it is sends out and will see where it goes from there XD

Anyway, I agree with a new Rotom forme, plus a Normal/Ghost with Levitate would be interesting, having 4 immunities, 2 of them which are common.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Give Unown an ability to Trick Room the second it is sends out and will see where it goes from there XD
    Actually, that would be interesting, what if Unown's ability were to set up an infinite Room (which is dependent on its form)? Then they would no longer be just a fun side-quest.

How about this:
    Sending out unowns t and r at the same time causes infinite trick room.
    R and D infinite rain
    S and U infinite sun
    H and L infinite hail
    S and D infinite sandstorm
    M and R infinite magic room
    W and R infinite wonder room
    G and V infinite gravity

And here's and interesting idea, in a triple battle,
    GRA together will turn the opponents three lead pokemon grass type.
    FIR fire
    WTR water
    NRM normal
    ELC electric
    FLY flying
    BUG bug
    DRA dragon
    PSN poison
    PSI psychic
    ICE ice
    GRD ground
    FTG fighting
    RCK rock
    DRK dark
    STL steel
    GHO ghost

Finally, sending out unowns WTF would cause explosion to occur, likely killing your unowns and your foe's pokemon.

None shall oppose our reign!

Check out my fanfic, Pokelypse chronicles. You won't regret it.

http://pokelypse.blogspot.com/

Input is appreciated.

Flavorfully doesn't really make sense, but I see where you're coming from with that ability.
    Man, all these "Absorb" abilities would turn the metagame from the offensive one it is now to a very slow, defensive one, where players would be hesitant to use moves because the foe would have a chance of absorbing them (as an example).
    True I get that, like how would it make sense in reality and all, but it is another solution to dragons besides carrying a steel type in every team.
    And yeah that would make the metagame quite stale, maybe add in another move or ability that can rid those affects, like a revamped Mold Breaker that breaks through absorb abilities?

And on the Unown topic, that would be totally epic. Finally Unown would have a use in competitive battling, like a pseudo-weather summoner, or a Trick Room/Gravity etc. insta-summoner instead of only a move itself. That would increase the viability and use of those strategies quite a bit.
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

Quote Originally Posted by TurboMechaElgyem View Post
    How about this:
    Sending out unowns t and r at the same time causes infinite trick room.
    R and D infinite rain
    S and U infinite sun
    H and L infinite hail
    S and D infinite sandstorm
    M and R infinite magic room
    W and R infinite wonder room
    G and V infinite gravity

And here's and interesting idea, in a triple battle,
    GRA together will turn the opponents three lead pokemon grass type.
    FIR fire
    WTR water
    NRM normal
    ELC electric
    FLY flying
    BUG bug
    DRA dragon
    PSN poison
    PSI psychic
    ICE ice
    GRD ground
    FTG fighting
    RCK rock
    DRK dark
    STL steel
    GHO ghost

Finally, sending out unowns WTF would cause explosion to occur, likely killing your unowns and your foe's pokemon.
    Several things:
    - It would waste two or three valuable Pokémon spots. While not so much a problem if the team is made right, you're innately disadvantaged by having so many Unown on the same team.
    - You'd have to be extra vigilant of Ghost- and Dark-type moves, as well as any opposing field effect inducers.
    - Each other language for which there is a Pokémon game uses different translations for the same types and moves. "Water" in Japanese is mizu, which would make no sense with W-T-R, for example.
    - It would really only work once (at the start of the battle). Keep in mind that if two Pokémon switch in on the same turn, one of which has Intimidate, the Intimidate will trigger first before the other switches. In this sense, if you wanted to re-establish the field effect or type change again in the middle of battle, you'd never be able to, since they could never be sent out at the same time again. I guess what you mean is that it'd trigger if the two Pokémon merely exist on the battlefield at the same time (as in, you have an Unown-T and a Garchomp, and you switch out to Unown-R, thus triggering Trick Room).
    - And most importantly, there is no battle mechanic to make this work. Would the Unowns' abilities be something other than Levitate to make this work, or would there be an item that each Unown in the combo would have to hold or something?

I do like the idea of an ability setting up moves like Trick Room and Gravity, though. (:

that fog idea is horrible. fog is already an established weather effect, as introduced in d/p/pt.

my idea:

Dunsparce evo.
    name pending
    stats:

i know it looks like some **** that a total noob would make, but dunsparce deserves a top-notch evo.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

As for Unown, I was just thinking of them having abilities similar to Drizzle; summoning either infinite Magic Room, Wonder Room, Gravity, or Trick Room depending on the ability. Aside from that, it would waste a spot in your party with its still pathetic stats but I can see them turning games around drastically with the cost of their sacrifice.

Page 14 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464 ... LastLast