Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    As for Unown, I was just thinking of them having abilities similar to Drizzle; summoning either infinite Magic Room, Wonder Room, Gravity, or Trick Room depending on the ability. Aside from that, it would waste a spot in your party with its still pathetic stats but I can see them turning games around drastically with the cost of their sacrifice.
    That's not a half bad idea actually.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oak! View Post
    And yeah that would make the metagame quite stale, maybe add in another move or ability that can rid those affects, like a revamped Mold Breaker that breaks through absorb abilities?
    um...i believe mold breaker hits through volt absorb, flash fire, and water absorb, along with sap sipper, etc. so....yeah.

And on the Unown topic, that would be totally epic. Finally Unown would have a use in competitive battling, like a pseudo-weather summoner, or a Trick Room/Gravity etc. insta-summoner instead of only a move itself. That would increase the viability and use of those strategies quite a bit.
    thats a pretty bad idea. basically like Wishing Star said. you waste 2-3 pokemon slots, just to set up trick room? an insta-ability would sky-rocket it to uu at most. trick room isnt used enough to even be viable in ou, and most players dont really know how to work it anyway.

on the topic of the new rotom forme, when i had PO, me and some friends were discussing an electric/steel one. we came up with one: rotom-vibrate: dildo form :P

and it would open a whole new world in pokemon hentai too! (jk mods...seriously)

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    thats a pretty bad idea. basically like Wishing Star said. you waste 2-3 pokemon slots, just to set up trick room? an insta-ability would sky-rocket it to uu at most. trick room isnt used enough to even be viable in ou, and most players dont really know how to work it anyway.
    Regardless of whether or not it's a good strategy, I literally don't see how it would work.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Regardless of whether or not it's a good strategy, I literally don't see how it would work.
    You're not playing singles, Star. Still, like I already stated, if we're going to make something as weak as the Unown have a slight bit of use, best to have it a game changing hidden ability which doesn't require an extra teammate on the field to use. Nonetheless, many of us doubt Game Freak would do such and keep the "alphabet soup without the soup" as a part of a fun little side-quest. Still, I think the current OU meta-game would be a lot more balanced if Tyranitar and the like didn't have their weather abilities but rather the Unown posses them instead but once again, the majority of us doubt this will happen.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

You're not playing singles, Star. Still, like I already stated, if we're going to make something as weak as the Unown have a slight bit of use, best to have it a game changing hidden ability which doesn't require an extra teammate on the field to use. Nonetheless, many of us doubt Game Freak would do such and keep the "alphabet soup without the soup" as a part of a fun little side-quest. Still, I think the current OU meta-game would be a lot more balanced if Tyranitar and the like didn't have their weather abilities but rather the Unown posses them instead but once again, the majority of us doubt this will happen.
    By "work", I didn't mean "competitively viable". I literally meant that I didn't get how it would be able to trigger, since there's no battle mechanic that would make it trigger. Nevertheless, I still love the concept.

Dedicate
    The user faints and the next Pokémon that is sent in will keep the boosts and effects the user had before fainting. All HP, PP, and Status is restored when the new Pokémon comes in. Kind of like Baton Pass + Lunar Dance in one package. Dedicate is a strange name but I couldn't think of anything else.

Blessing
    The selected target will get +1 in 2 random stats and will have their health healed by 1/6 of their max HP. Can also be used on the user.

Protomirror
    When used, there will be a 50% the opponent's Special move will be reflected back at them. If this move fails to activate, the user instead takes x1.5 damage from the opponent's attack.

Momentum Flip
    Same with above but for Physical based moves.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Dedicate
    The user faints and the next Pokémon that is sent in will keep the boosts and effects the user had before fainting. All HP, PP, and Status is restored when the new Pokémon comes in. Kind of like Baton Pass + Lunar Dance in one package. Dedicate is a strange name but I couldn't think of anything else.

Blessing
    The selected target will get +1 in 2 random stats and will have their health healed by 1/6 of their max HP. Can also be used on the user.

Protomirror
    When used, there will be a 50% the opponent's Special move will be reflected back at them. If this move fails to activate, the user instead takes x1.5 damage from the opponent's attack.

Momentum Flip
    Dedicate - It should be distributed sparingly, seeing as Healing Wish and Lunar Dance already are. Add in the Baton Pass effect and it basically renders those other two moves useless. Unless this move doesn't have 100% accuracy, in which case, you could use Healing Wish and Lunar Dance for consistency; then the Ice Beam vs. Blizzard choice would apply here.

Blessing - Solid. The fact that the stat increases are random compensate for the otherwise extreme playability of the move.

Protomirror and Momentum Flip - Due to the nature of how much damage a Pokémon can deal, it would be less broken if only a certain percentage of the damage is reflected back. If a 252 HP, 0 Def Blissey were to reflect back a Close Combat that would KO it against a Staraptor, that Staraptor would be dealt upwards of 700 damage.

By "work", I didn't mean "competitively viable". I literally meant that I didn't get how it would be able to trigger, since there's no battle mechanic that would make it trigger. Nevertheless, I still love the concept.
    I know and I answered that. I think what the TurboMechaElgyem was trying to say was that if they're out in a double, triple, or rotation battle. I think what's trying to be said is that they activate when one of them is sent out and the others are present. In all honesty what was mentioned by TurboMechaElgyem is a terrible idea, just look back at Plusle and Minun even in lower tier double battles back in Ruby and Sapphire however keeping it to the activation using a sole Unown would be perfectly fine. Heck, with all this rambling of the Unown, though I doubt it, I hope Game Freak implements such in the next generation. To boot, with the Unown being pseudo-legendary, it would increase the amount of use in the Dream World and the like.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

I know and I answered that. I think what the TurboMechaElgyem was trying to say was that if they're out in a double, triple, or rotation battle. I think what's trying to be said is that they activate when one of them is sent out and the others are present.
    Yeah, I got that much. But what exactly is it that would trigger the permanent field effect? Nothing can trigger just from a Pokémon switching out.

I already mentioned the Cinccino.

Parry seems neat. You said it blocks contact moves by a certain percentage, and that it doesn't block special attacks. Does it block moves like Earthquake and Razor Leaf (moves that are physical but don't make contact)?
    Your Question:
    Does it block moves like Earthquake and Razor Leaf (moves that are physical but don't make contact)?

Answer: No. Contact physicals only like bullet punch, Leaf blade, Razor Shell, etc. Though I'm not sure if stone edge is a contact or non contact attack.

Do You think Pokemon Conquest abilities could be applied to the main series? I think there's more (this is the pokemon spin off that, in personal tastes, rivals the main series in the strategy side for being on par with its complexity and gameplay. We should a bit from this game too if we want):

For now, the pokemon abilities only found in Pokemon Conquest and its Main series equivalent when converted. (Personal views.)

a. Confidence
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases the Defence of two Pokémon
    Pokemon Main Series Data: When the user is attacked with a not very effective attack, the total damage will be halved and increases either defence by 1 and reduce either attack stat for that turn. But It won't work with immune type attacks (a normal type being hit with ghost move. it won't activate. But let's say user uses water attack on grass enemy, ability activates)

b. Sprint
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Movement range is increased by 1
    Pokemon Main Series Data: increases the priority of all moves ones HP is reduced to half or when the user has 1/3 HP left. If it's over half, it won't activate (that includes from wish passing tactics or from leftovers).

c. Conqueror
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases Attack & Defence whenever the Pokémon defeats an opponent
    Pokemon Main Series Data: After KO'ing a pokemon, its defensive will increase plus critical ratio(one turn critical chance). On the next turn, stats return to normal even if it manages to KO another opponent on that turn (say terrakion ko's one pokemon. ability activates. he ko's another turn. Ability won't activate and instead returns its stats to normal).

d. Instinct
    Pokemon Conquest Data: May allow the Pokémon to avoid attacks. Chances increase the higher the Link with the Warlords
    Pokemon Main Series Data: May be able to dodge perfect to 90% - 100% accuracy attacks by somewhere 40%-50% but makes the user more prone to attacks with 89% accuracy and below.

e. Last Bastion
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases stats if the last Pokémon in your squad
    Pokemon Main Series Data: All stats increase (not including evasiveness and priority of moves) if its the last pokemon at a severe cost of 60% - 80% of the last user's remaining health. (key term to end then. A powerful priority or be faster and hit hard.)

f. Mood Maker
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases tension of partner Pokémon within the same area
    Pokemon Main Series Data: In doubles or triples, the user with this ability gives one of their allies a random stat boost (minus evasiveness). In return, the user loses a level to the stat passed to the partner. Activates every turn. (e.g. Plusle and Minun in triples used their ability in that turn. Plusle passed a special attack stat to Galvantula and Minun passed a Speed stat To Galvantula. In return, plusle lost a special attack stat along with minun losing a speed stat, both by minus one). Not recommended in singles, you'll give it to the enemy instead if you do.

g. Disgust
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Opponent that takes a hit is annoyed/pestered and changes with its neighbor
    Pokemon Main Series Data: Opponents are more to hurt themselves in a confused state by 30%-50%. (crobat would be using this, or Sableye)

h. Thrust
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Pushes your opponent far away
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the opponent is lighter than you, the opponent will be phazed out by 50%-70%. It gets weaker the heavier the opponent. If the opponent is 150 - 250 kgs. heavier than the user, it won't get phazed.

i. Run Up
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases damage the less you move before Attacking
    Pokemon Main Series Data: Increases damage of attacks by 2 levels with lower priority (e.g Revenge, storm throw, etc.). Attacks with 0 priority or higher will hit with less power.

j. Nomad
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases Attack the more you move
    Pokemon Main Series Data: Powers up attacks with +1 priority or higher. Attacks with 0 priority and lower are weakened.

k. Stealth
    Pokemon Conquest Data: If on the same terrain that works for the type, chances of avoiding damage are increased
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the user's on a weather similar to its type, chances of getting hit with a resistant or neutral move increases but it leaves itself more prone to attacks it is not type resistant.

l. Pride
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases Attack & Defence when affected by a Status Condition
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the user defeats a higher evolution pokemon or defeats an enemy with a 'Not very effective' attack, its attack increases by 3 stages. Neutral or Super Effective Attacks will only take 1 increase.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

^Most of those are really confusing, unfortunately.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I always wanted a new Ariados evo, its ashame cuz it looks so cool yet outclassed by a ton of stuff. This would be my idea of an Ariados evo's stat layout:
    HP: 100
    Attack: 110
    Defense: 100
    Sp Att: 70
    Sp De: 80
    Speed: 60

It may not help it get to OU but it would be used more.

Actually, that would be interesting, what if Unown's ability were to set up an infinite Room (which is dependent on its form)? Then they would no longer be just a fun side-quest.
    That would be cool, but then again, that would make Unown break near the point of brokeness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    that fog idea is horrible. fog is already an established weather effect, as introduced in d/p/pt.

my idea:

Dunsparce evo.
    name pending
    stats:

i know it looks like some **** that a total noob would make, but dunsparce deserves a top-notch evo.
    The BST is way to high for an evo.

As for Unown, I was just thinking of them having abilities similar to Drizzle; summoning either infinite Magic Room, Wonder Room, Gravity, or Trick Room depending on the ability. Aside from that, it would waste a spot in your party with its still pathetic stats but I can see them turning games around drastically with the cost of their sacrifice.
    I mean, it would be better. Even if you waste a Pokemon, you can literally build your team around Five heavy sweepers (Marowak, Ursaring, Conkeldurr) and still wreck stuff and get top 5 on any ladder. The other five are really iffy and unreliable, Gravity being a big one where you have to have a full team to pull it off, not just a boatload of sweepers reckless TR tend to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    um...i believe mold breaker hits through volt absorb, flash fire, and water absorb, along with sap sipper, etc. so....yeah.

on the topic of the new rotom forme, when i had PO, me and some friends were discussing an electric/steel one. we came up with one: rotom-vibrate: dildo form :P

and it would open a whole new world in pokemon hentai too! (jk mods...seriously)
    lol Rotom-D
    Out of all seriousness, it would be a ridiculously good wall/tank in OU if it were to exist. We all know that the Magnemite family all boast the highest amount of resistances, transmigrate that onto Rotom, who has decent 50/107/107 defenses, immunity to Ground, and a great support movepool, you have a really, really strong wall whose defensive prowess is made up of resistances. Furthermore, it would make a fantastic check to Rain in the current context. Therians are more or less the main weather abusers here. A Scarf Rotom-Steel can easily check both of them and threaten KOs with Thunderbolt. Though it will undoubtedly have the same coverage issues Magnezone has, it's more or less going to serve a more defensive role in the metagame.
    Dedicate

Blessing

Protomirror

Momentum Flip
    Dedicate - It should be distributed sparingly, seeing as Healing Wish and Lunar Dance already are. Add in the Baton Pass effect and it basically renders those other two moves useless. Unless this move doesn't have 100% accuracy, in which case, you could use Healing Wish and Lunar Dance for consistency; then the Ice Beam vs. Blizzard choice would apply here.

Blessing - Solid. The fact that the stat increases are random compensate for the otherwise extreme playability of the move.

Protomirror and Momentum Flip - Due to the nature of how much damage a Pokémon can deal, it would be less broken if only a certain percentage of the damage is reflected back. If a 252 HP, 0 Def Blissey were to reflect back a Close Combat that would KO it against a Staraptor, that Staraptor would be dealt upwards of 700 damage.
    Blessing- It's a cool move, but really it's a weird move like Acupuncture. Stat raising + 17% health healing is cool and all, but the fact it's random (factoring in Accuracy and Evasion), it makes getting what you want slightly harder. Plus, Evasion Clause is in effect for all Evasion boosting moves, and since this would technically go under Evasion (I'm assuming this works like Moody in which it raises Accuracy and Evasion), it technically would be banned.

Agreed with Wishing Star, percent damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I always wanted a new Ariados evo, its ashame cuz it looks so cool yet outclassed by a ton of stuff. This would be my idea of an Ariados evo's stat layout:

Bad bugs will always remain bad bugs.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Your Question:
    Does it block moves like Earthquake and Razor Leaf (moves that are physical but don't make contact)?

Answer: No. Contact physicals only like bullet punch, Leaf blade, Razor Shell, etc. Though I'm not sure if stone edge is a contact or non contact attack.

Do You think Pokemon Conquest abilities could be applied to the main series? I think there's more (this is the pokemon spin off that, in personal tastes, rivals the main series in the strategy side for being on par with its complexity and gameplay. We should a bit from this game too if we want):

For now, the pokemon abilities only found in Pokemon Conquest and its Main series equivalent when converted. (Personal views.)

a. Confidence
    Pokemon Main Series Data: When the user is attacked with a not very effective attack, the total damage will be halved and increases either defence by 1 and reduce either attack stat for that turn. But It won't work with immune type attacks (a normal type being hit with ghost move. it won't activate. But let's say user uses water attack on grass enemy, ability activates)
    Sounds more like Yu-Gi-Oh, but the ability really is too complicated.
    b. Sprint
    Pokemon Main Series Data: increases the priority of all moves ones HP is reduced to half or when the user has 1/3 HP left. If it's over half, it won't activate (that includes from wish passing tactics or from leftovers).
    That's pretty broken. People can just start of with a Sash on, SD, still stay at 1 HP, and abuse the hell out of their moves as they all have priority.
    c. Conqueror
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases Attack & Defence whenever the Pokémon defeats an opponent
    Pokemon Main Series Data: After KO'ing a pokemon, its defensive will increase plus critical ratio(one turn critical chance). On the next turn, stats return to normal even if it manages to KO another opponent on that turn (say terrakion ko's one pokemon. ability activates. he ko's another turn. Ability won't activate and instead returns its stats to normal).
    Too complicated.
    d. Instinct
    Pokemon Conquest Data: May allow the Pokémon to avoid attacks. Chances increase the higher the Link with the Warlords
    Pokemon Main Series Data: May be able to dodge perfect to 90% - 100% accuracy attacks by somewhere 40%-50% but makes the user more prone to attacks with 89% accuracy and below.
    This is an interesting move. I'm still trying to figure out how the math would work out.
    e. Last Bastion
    Pokemon Main Series Data: All stats increase (not including evasiveness and priority of moves) if its the last pokemon at a severe cost of 60% - 80% of the last user's remaining health. (key term to end then. A powerful priority or be faster and hit hard.)
    That's not as useful in competitive Pokemon. Simply put, it's a dead ability until the very end, in which at the very end, you lose a good chunk of your HP for stat boost. In fact, with hazards being so prominent in OU, you literally sign yourself a death sentence with this ability, assuming that the pokemon with this is neutral to SR, SR + 2 layers of Spikes (average successful hazard layers) and this ability kills off the Pokemon, giving you a 100% chance of losing with your last pokemon.
    f. Mood Maker
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases tension of partner Pokémon within the same area
    Pokemon Main Series Data: In doubles or triples, the user with this ability gives one of their allies a random stat boost (minus evasiveness). In return, the user loses a level to the stat passed to the partner. Activates every turn. (e.g. Plusle and Minun in triples used their ability in that turn. Plusle passed a special attack stat to Galvantula and Minun passed a Speed stat To Galvantula. In return, plusle lost a special attack stat along with minun losing a speed stat, both by minus one). Not recommended in singles, you'll give it to the enemy instead if you do.
    Really complicated. Remember, even though it's a competitive game, it's a game also made for little kids who do not have the patience to read a wall of text as to how does something work. The fact that this sheer wall of text is the main effect, not the extra technicality issues, should give you a red flag.
    g. Disgust
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Opponent that takes a hit is annoyed/pestered and changes with its neighbor
    Pokemon Main Series Data: Opponents are more to hurt themselves in a confused state by 30%-50%. (crobat would be using this, or Sableye)
    So it solely boosts the damage done by Confusion by 1.5x? I like that. Counters stupid Outrage abusers.
    h. Thrust
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the opponent is lighter than you, the opponent will be phazed out by 50%-70%. It gets weaker the heavier the opponent. If the opponent is 150 - 250 kgs. heavier than the user, it won't get phazed.
    I don't get how this effect works. If your opponent is lighter, you're more likely to be phazed by what means?
    i. Run Up
    Pokemon Main Series Data: Increases damage of attacks by 2 levels with lower priority (e.g Revenge, storm throw, etc.). Attacks with 0 priority or higher will hit with less power.
    Completely counterproductive. It's the same reason nobody ever, ever uses Analytic Magnezone.
    j. Nomad
    Pokemon Main Series Data: Powers up attacks with +1 priority or higher. Attacks with 0 priority and lower are weakened.
    Definitely helps with some cool priority abusers (Bullet Punch/ESpeed Luke), but really depends on what factor is it being boosted by.
    k. Stealth
    Pokemon Conquest Data: If on the same terrain that works for the type, chances of avoiding damage are increased
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the user's on a weather similar to its type, chances of getting hit with a resistant or neutral move increases but it leaves itself more prone to attacks it is not type resistant.

l. Pride
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases Attack & Defence when affected by a Status Condition
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the user defeats a higher evolution pokemon or defeats an enemy with a 'Not very effective' attack, its attack increases by 3 stages. Neutral or Super Effective Attacks will only take 1 increase.
    Thats a cool revenge killing move. Salamence can easily pick off weakened Jirachis with Outrage and just kill the rest upright.
    Hey, what's everyone's opinion on giving Wobuffet an extra Steel typing? I personally think it would definitely become a much better trapper and a much better wall. Being immune to Toxic is a big plus, meaning it can trap most walls that no one likes, such as Blissey, and just trap them to death, especially with its humongous HP stat, a Counter or Mirror Coat will definitely KO some really powerful sweepers.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Your Question:

Ah, okay. Stone Edge is non-contact, as is Rock Slide, but both are physical.

a. Confidence
    The move targeted at the Pokémon with Confidence is already not very effective, and there's really no need for it to be even less effective than it already is. And yeah, it's pretty complicated.

b. Sprint
    It's almost a strictly worse Prankster. Potentially not just combo-tastic, but insanely broken. Again, as the above user said, Sash up, then spam extremely powerful moves with your opponent not being able to answer your threat. The only way I'd see this implemented is if it were on extremely bad Pokémon.

c. Conqueror
    As it is, it's too complex. A Defense counterpart to Moxie would work. Or it could raise both Attack and Defense, but only activate 50% of the time or something.

d. Instinct
    This seems interesting. It'd surely make people think twice before putting 100% accurate moves in their Pokémon's movesets.

e. Last Bastion
    Get rid of that HP cost and it'll be good. Considering the fact that the ability is essentially non-existent until you have one Pokémon left, the HP cost outweighs the stat increase.

f. Mood Maker
    If it were a one-shot thing, it'd probably be a bit more viable. As it is right now, the effects are parasitic (literally), and the ability is too complex.

g. Disgust
    Awesome as it is already, although the name doesn't really correlate with the ability's effect.

h. Thrust
    I could see this in a Pokémon game, but when does this activate? If it's after every move, then it's overpowered; just get a Snorlax or something, tank a hit, then your opponent will most likely have an unfavorable Pokémon sent out. Then they'd have to switch, and rinse, lather, repeat.

i. Run Up
    The only use I could really see out of this is Revenge and Focus Punch, yeah. Having said that, I think it could be implemented, but it wouldn't really be that competitively viable.

j. Nomad
    A Pokémon with Nomad would probably have to have a moveset with four priority moves for this to really be useful, depending on how much the damage is increased by. It'd surely see moer use than Run Up, though.

k. Stealth
    Uhh... I don't get how this works, I'm sorry. :/

l. Pride
    There's an issue with the "higher evolution" part. A Charmeleon with Pride defeats an Arcanine. Does Charmeleon get the Attack increase? (Both evolve from a first-stage Pokémon, so you could argue that it doesn't, but Arcanine can't evolve anymore whereas Charmeleon can, so you could argue that it does.) Players may get confused by what constitutes a "higher-evolution" Pokémon. Otherwise, it's essentially Moxie, with the weird exception of applying only for "higher-evolution Pokémon".
    How about if a Pokémon defeats another Pokémon with a not-very-effective move, its Attack increases by two stages? Three stages seems too overpowered when considering revenge killers such as Salamence.

Its base stat total rivals those of the starter Pokémon's final evolutions. But base stat totals don't mean everything; what moves would this get? I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I mean, it would be better. Even if you waste a Pokemon, you can literally build your team around Five heavy sweepers (Marowak, Ursaring, Conkeldurr) and still wreck stuff and get top 5 on any ladder. The other five are really iffy and unreliable, Gravity being a big one where you have to have a full team to pull it off, not just a boatload of sweepers reckless TR tend to run.
    There's still the unaddressed issue on how it would actually trigger in the first place. You can't have it trigger solely from the three Unown being sent out at the same time, as that's not an available battle mechanic to trigger something off of. It'd either have to be an ability (ridding all Unown in the combo of Levitate, but with its pathetic defensive stats it wouldn't really matter), an item (which would make these combos not possible with item clause), or a move. I can only foresee the move working out, since you could have it be a +10 priority move if both or all three of your Unown use the same move in a turn.

lol Rotom-D
    Out of all seriousness, it would be a ridiculously good wall/tank in OU if it were to exist. We all know that the Magnemite family all boast the highest amount of resistances, transmigrate that onto Rotom, who has decent 50/107/107 defenses, immunity to Ground, and a great support movepool, you have a really, really strong wall whose defensive prowess is made up of resistances. Furthermore, it would make a fantastic check to Rain in the current context. Therians are more or less the main weather abusers here. A Scarf Rotom-Steel can easily check both of them and threaten KOs with Thunderbolt. Though it will undoubtedly have the same coverage issues Magnezone has, it's more or less going to serve a more defensive role in the metagame.
    Basically what I quoted. Of course, there's the issue of younger kids associating their awesome stalling Pokémon with its real-life counterpart, and...

Blessing- It's a cool move, but really it's a weird move like Acupuncture. Stat raising + 17% health healing is cool and all, but the fact it's random (factoring in Accuracy and Evasion), it makes getting what you want slightly harder. Plus, Evasion Clause is in effect for all Evasion boosting moves, and since this would technically go under Evasion (I'm assuming this works like Moody in which it raises Accuracy and Evasion), it technically would be banned.
    Acupressure*. And despite the move possibly being able to increase evasion, it could still be implemented into the games for in-game use, right?

Hey, what's everyone's opinion on giving Wobuffet an extra Steel typing? I personally think it would definitely become a much better trapper and a much better wall. Being immune to Toxic is a big plus, meaning it can trap most walls that no one likes, such as Blissey, and just trap them to death, especially with its humongous HP stat, a Counter or Mirror Coat will definitely KO some really powerful sweepers.
    Aside from it not being flavorfully fitting (Wobbuffet doesn't really have any steel on it), I could see it fit. It would definitely make Wobbuffet see an increase in usage.

I would say Ariados-evo gets Tinted Lens, Swords Dance, and Sleep Powder :d

No that's not how it works. It doesn't reflect damage, but it reflects the actual attack using the foe's Attack/SAtk stat. If 252 Atk Staraptor used Close Combat on a 252/0 Blissey, it would essentially be using Close Combat on itself.
    252 Atk Staraptor Close Combat vs 0 HP/0 Def Staraptor: 53.38% - 63.02%
    2 hits to KO

And I don't think Blissey would be getting Momentum Flip anyway. Probably a Fighting Pokémon would get it and Psychic Pokémon would get Protomirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    I originally put +2 in two random stats but seeing how utterly ridiculous that would be I changed it. Evasion Clause shouldn't affect Blessing because it's random enough so that it's not broken. Evasion Clause only affects moves that purely raise Evasion such as Double Team and Minimize. Acupressure is allowed in WiFi OU in case you didn't know.

Ignite
    All Fire moves have their power raised by 20 and have an extra 12.5% chance to burn. Affects only the user and lasts 3 turns excluding the turn this move is used.

Static Charge
    All Electric moves have their power raised by 20 and have an extra 12.5% chance to paralyze. Affects only the user and lasts 3 turns excluding the turn this move is used.

Chill
    All Ice moves have their power raised by 20 and have an extra 12.5% chance to freeze. Affects only the user and lasts 3 turns excluding the turn this move is used.

Berserk
    When used, damage inflicted by this Pokémon will be doubled but the Pokémon will be confused. It will not obey the Trainer's commands and will choose its own moves.

I like the idea of Berserk, making the Pokemon choose its own move looks interesting but you could get bad luck :/

[QUOTE=PikaPika677;15060249]
    Evasion Clause shouldn't affect Blessing because it's random enough so that it's not broken.

not a sustanding statement. moody is banned for its ability to raise stats randomly. specifically, it breaks evasion clause. blessing would be insta-banned because its basically a souped up acupressure.

Evasion Clause only affects moves that purely raise Evasion such as Double Team and Minimize.
    wrong. evasion clause includes: any ability, item, or move that raises evasion. double team, brightpowder, and to an extent, moody. from what i heard, acupressure has been argued back and forth.

Acupressure is allowed in WiFi OU in case you didn't know.
    yeah, but when you factor in the healing effect, its broken. 1/6 health can make the difference between a 2hko and a 3hko.

No that's not how it works. It doesn't reflect damage, but it reflects the actual attack using the foe's Attack/SAtk stat. If 252 Atk Staraptor used Close Combat on a 252/0 Blissey, it would essentially be using Close Combat on itself.
    2 hits to KO
    Depending on the Pokémon whose move is being reflected back at itself, it could be even worse. Especially for those with insanely high Attack or Special Attack and insanely low Defense or Special Defense. Rampardos and Aqua Tail was the first thing to come into my mind.

Having said that, I still think it should be a percentage. :/

Ignite
    All Fire moves have their power raised by 20 and have an extra 12.5% chance to burn. Affects only the user and lasts 3 turns excluding the turn this move is used.

Static Charge
    All Electric moves have their power raised by 20 and have an extra 12.5% chance to paralyze. Affects only the user and lasts 3 turns excluding the turn this move is used.

Chill
    All Ice moves have their power raised by 20 and have an extra 12.5% chance to freeze. Affects only the user and lasts 3 turns excluding the turn this move is used.
    20 what? 20 base power? 20%?
    Seeing as it wastes a moveslot that could otherwise be used for coverage or something, these seem pretty good. Especially the paralysis one.

Berserk
    When used, damage inflicted by this Pokémon will be doubled but the Pokémon will be confused. It will not obey the Trainer's commands and will choose its own moves.
    Does this last the entirety of the time that the Pokémon remains active, or does it only last for a few turns? Regardless, a Sleep Talk on steroids is pretty good. (:

Response to above: Acupressure shouldn't be compared to Moody as equals. Acupressure is a move while Moody is an ability that activates every turn; thus, Acupressure uses a turn and Moody doesn't. For you to get the evasion boost from Acupressure, you have to actually use the move, whereas with Moody, you don't.

i know the bst would be too high. that was the point.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i know the bst would be too high. that was the point.
    If you say so... :/

New Move: Equate Life
    Type: Normal / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0
    "An attack move that deals damage, making the target's relative HP the same as that of the user."
    - Remember Endeavor? Yeah, it's basically like that, but instead of making the target's HP the same as the user's, it makes the target's HP percentage the same as the user's HP percentage. Of course, it won't work if the user HP percentage is higher than that of the target. And yes, Blissey would get this move.

Sandstorm's new effect: Steel and Ground Pokemon get 50% sp de boost like Rock while powering up all Rock moves.

Sandstorm's new effect: Steel and Ground Pokemon get 50% sp de boost like Rock while powering up all Rock moves.
    I never fully understood why Sandstorm didn't do this. It'd totally make sense! (:

What do you think of Equate Life?

Equate Life isn't bad IMO, give it to Charizard so it can repay that Pokemon who set up Stealth Rock at it.

Also, Hail should power up Ice type moves too!

2 hits to KO

And I don't think Blissey would be getting Momentum Flip anyway. Probably a Fighting Pokémon would get it and Psychic Pokémon would get Protomirror.

I originally put +2 in two random stats but seeing how utterly ridiculous that would be I changed it. Evasion Clause shouldn't affect Blessing because it's random enough so that it's not broken. Evasion Clause only affects moves that purely raise Evasion such as Double Team and Minimize. Acupressure is allowed in WiFi OU in case you didn't know.

Ignite
    This is a move? Sound like a completely waste of a slot to me. Why do they all sound like Yu-Gi-Oh Card effects.
    Static Charge
    Same as abouve.
    Chill
    Same as above
    Berserk
    Wow. That is a weird ability.
    If you say so... :/

New Move: Equate Life
    Type: Normal / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0
    "An attack move that deals damage, making the target's relative HP the same as that of the user."
    - Remember Endeavor? Yeah, it's basically like that, but instead of making the target's HP the same as the user's, it makes the target's HP percentage the same as the user's HP percentage. Of course, it won't work if the user HP percentage is higher than that of the target. And yes, Blissey would get this move.
    Eh. No one uses Endeavor anyway.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Page 15 of 88 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565 ... LastLast