Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Escavalier looks perfect for Close Combat IMO, it takes charge and fights like a knight so why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Also, Hail should power up Ice type moves too!
    Great minds think alike, huh? :P
    But then again, it would seem pretty intuitive.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post

not a sustanding statement. moody is banned for its ability to raise stats randomly. specifically, it breaks evasion clause. blessing would be insta-banned because its basically a souped up acupressure.

wrong. evasion clause includes: any ability, item, or move that raises evasion. double team, brightpowder, and to an extent, moody. from what i heard, acupressure has been argued back and forth.

yeah, but when you factor in the healing effect, its broken. 1/6 health can make the difference between a 2hko and a 3hko.
    You must play by Smogon's tiers then. I use PO tiers. If you think Smogon will ban it, fine. Doesn't automatically make it a terrible idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Depending on the Pokémon whose move is being reflected back at itself, it could be even worse. Especially for those with insanely high Attack or Special Attack and insanely low Defense or Special Defense. Rampardos and Aqua Tail was the first thing to come into my mind.

Having said that, I still think it should be a percentage. :/
    If that's the way you want it, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Wish Star
    20 what? 20 base power? 20%?
    Seeing as it wastes a moveslot that could otherwise be used for coverage or something, these seem pretty good. Especially the paralysis one.
    20 base power. Is it really that bad? I tried my best to nerf it but seeing as you think it's weak, how about x1.5 base power?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star
    Does this last the entirety of the time that the Pokémon remains active, or does it only last for a few turns? Regardless, a Sleep Talk on steroids is pretty good. (:
    Whoops forgot to add it lasts 3 turns!
    Response to above: Acupressure shouldn't be compared to Moody as equals. Acupressure is a move while Moody is an ability that activates every turn; thus, Acupressure uses a turn and Moody doesn't. For you to get the evasion boost from Acupressure, you have to actually use the move, whereas with Moody, you don't.
    This. With Moody, you can spam Protect and Sub to get boosts whereas Acupressure is a lot harder to use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Didn't think Ignite and Static Charge would seem that weak. Like I said with Wishing Star, what about x1.5 base power instead of just +20 BP?

Attacks

Magic Storm (Psychic)
    PP: 10/ Base Power: 140/ Accuracy: 100 / Category: Special Attack
    The user gathers psychic power and throws it against the foe. However, sp.atk is cut sharply after this attack is launched
    Distribution: Practically all Psychic type

Flower Guard (Grass)
    PP: 20/ Base Power: --/ Accuracy: -- / Category: Status
    The user flips over its flower and raises defense and special defense by one stage each. Raises two stages during harsh sunlight.
    Distribution: Cherrim and Bellosom

Rush (Normal)
    PP: 15/ Base Power: 75/ Accuracy: 100/ Category: Physical Attack
    The user rams into the foe. There is a chance that attack or speed will increase by one stage.
    Distribution: Doduo Line

Abilities
    Quick Guard: There is a 30% chance that priority move will be guarded
    Distribution: 6th gen mon/Treecko Line

Thick Shield: All physical move users will take a 33% hp recoil, but the user always goes last.
    Distribution: Bastidoon thingy

Magic Block: There is a 30% chance that special moves will be disabled
    Distribution: 6th gen stuff and Wobuffet

Microphone: All sound inducing attack moves will do 1.5 damage.
    Distribution: Jigglypuff Line (anime reference?)/ Whismur Line

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    If that's the way you want it, sure.
    Eh, I'm a bit too adamant with creativity sometimes.

20 base power. Is it really that bad? I tried my best to nerf it but seeing as you think it's weak, how about x1.5 base power?
    Oh no, asking what the 20 meant doesn't mean I think it's weak. In fact, 20 base power is almost the difference between Ice Beam and Blizzard, which is often the difference between a 1hko and a 2hko. It's actually pretty strong if it's a 20 base power increase.

Whoops forgot to add it lasts 3 turns!
    Ah, alright, then it wouldn't seem so broken. There's always the possibility of a set running Berserk and only one other move, so yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Attacks

Magic Storm (Psychic)
    The user gathers psychic power and throws it against the foe. However, sp.atk is cut sharply after this attack is launched
    Ooh, ouch. Psycho Boost is a signature move of a Pokémon and it only has 5 PP. This has 10 and isn't distributed sparingly. Extremely powerful, perhaps even too much so.

Flower Guard (Grass)
    The user flips over its flower and raises defense and special defense by one stage each. Raises two stages during harsh sunlight.
    Solid move. It's a strictly better Cosmic Power, but since this is sparingly distributed, the sunlight bonus is acceptable.

Rush (Normal)
    The user rams into the foe. There is a chance that attack or speed will increase by one stage.
    An out-there twist on Charge Beam, but for Attack and Speed. What percent chance is it, by the way, for the user to get either boost?

Abilities
    Quick Guard is the name of a move already. But it'd be great for dealing with Pokémon such as Scizor, Mamoswine, Whimsicott, and other Pokémon that enjoy using priority moves.

Thick Shield: All physical move users will take a 33% hp recoil, but the user always goes last.
    Hmm, a unique-ish take on Rough Skin and Iron Barbs. Since the 33% HP recoil is a significantly huge advantage, there should be a drawback for the Pokémon with Thick Shield. While the penalty you propose is good for slower Pokémon that will most likely go last in the turn anyway, I feel there's something odd about having a "user always goes last" thing. Otherwise, it's a strictly better Stall.

Disabled? Hmm.
    Also, there's a 30% chance that Special moves will be disabled... when? What triggers this ability?

Solid ability. Not very competitively viable (I guess bar Hyper Voice), but balanced.

Break Point
    Fighting
    Physical
    95Acc
    100Power
    The user thrust's a sharp appendage at the target's weak points. Has 25% chance to lower target's defense one stage.

Would be given to most pokemon who can learn: Horn Attack, Pin Missile, Spike Cannon, Drill Run, and Escavalier.

It provides good Fighting coverage, witch a lot of Pokemon like.

Ability
    Wild Sense-The user relies on it's Primal Instincts for battle and removes type immunity.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Attacks

Magic Storm (Psychic)

Flower Guard (Grass)

Rush (Normal)

Abilities

Magic Storm:
    http://www.serebii.net/attackdex-bw/psychoboost.shtml

Rush: MEH I prefer return.

Quick Guard should be good to shield against priority it would be great if a pokemon was outright immune to it.

Thick Shield sounds too much like iron barbs.

Magic Block is like a special cursed body ok seems good

Microphone should be added.. trhere are some sound moves which are quite strong it should also make sing more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Rush: MEH I prefer return.
    It's a Doduo only area... Sorta like their signature move?

This move is gimmick, similar to Stockpile-Spit Out: The below of course!

Photosynthesis
    PP: 30/ Base Power: -- / PP: -- / Category: Status
    Borrowing the power of the Sun, the user photosynthesis and increase defense and special defense. The boosting rates will increase the more times this skill is used and is able to break past the maximum defense. This skill will fail outside the sun.
    (They stack as time goes on btw)
    Stage 1: +1 stage defense
    Stage 2: + 1 stage defense and special defense
    Stage 3: + 1 stage defense and 2 stages special defense
    Stage 4 onwards: + 2 stages defense and special defense

Why use this skill? The reason:

Solarbeam
    After Stage 1 boost: + 10%
    After Stage 2 boost: + 30%
    After Stage 3 Boost: + 50%
    After Stage 4 Boost: + 70%
    Stage 5 Boost and onwards: + 30% every boost

So at Stage 6: You'd have a solarbeam with 320 B.P Solarbeam LOL

Kinda op and gimmicky at the same time. Only workable in sun though

Oh yeah, I guess @ Magic Storm. I only did it because Psycho Boost's distribution is sparse. Guess I wont be giving it to every psychic types then. Maybe like Alakazam/Gardevoir or stuff like that

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Default Pokemon Conquest Warlord Abilities to Main Series Abilities

Replies from

Eaglehawk

a. Confidence
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases the Defence of two Pokémon
    Pokemon Main Series Data: When the user is attacked with a not very effective attack, the total damage will be halved and increases either defence by 1 and reduce either attack stat for that turn. But It won't work with immune type attacks (a normal type being hit with ghost move. it won't activate. But let's say user uses water attack on grass enemy, ability activates)
    Sounds more like Yu-Gi-Oh, but the ability really is too complicated.
    Response:To make it easier, I'll use pokemon terminology.
    Example A: Politoed vs Ludicolo
    Let's say Ludicolo is under the rain. Politoed used Stab, Rain dance, Hydro Pump. normally the damage would be, for example, 80 damage over 320 HP. But with confidence as an ability, it will only have 20 damage.

Simply, the Math would be:
    80 from expected damage divided by 2a(the grass type of Ludi) = 40 damage. But since Ludi is also water type (which is resist water), that is another divided by 2 equation to the total damage of the previous resistant type. Can't understand this, let's sample a 2 times resist example.

Example B: much more classic. Charizard vs. Blastoise
    Charizard used stab fire blast (guessing its power would be 175). Blastoise takes a damage of , for example, 60 damage over 360 HP. But with confidence on blastoise, it is 60 divided by 2. giving him only 30 damage.

Just imagine it like the twin defensive screens instantly. Then after the turn, either of its defense stats will increase by one stage. But, at the cost of either attack stat being dropped down by one level.

if you can understand this from the nature of typical villain character, they get confident when they have a hostage at hand or very close to achieve their evil goal(a relation to the defense increase). But since they get too confident (the part where they taunt the hero too much), at the hands of a wise hero can kill the defensive villain and destroy its plans and/or rescue the hostage (the relation to the attack drop)

b. Sprint
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Movement range is increased by 1
    Pokemon Main Series Data: increases the priority of all moves ones HP is reduced to half or when the user has 1/3 HP left. If it's over half, it won't activate (that includes from wish passing tactics or from leftovers).
    That's pretty broken. People can just start of with a Sash on, SD, still stay at 1 HP, and abuse the hell out of their moves as they all have priority.

Response: Kinda makes sense since it's the polar opposite of Defeatist from Archeops. Maybe it should just be wimpy at high health, and when it's low on health, the ability activates.

c. Conqueror
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases Attack & Defence whenever the Pokémon defeats an opponent
    Pokemon Main Series Data: After KO'ing a pokemon, its defensive will increase plus critical ratio(one turn critical chance). On the next turn, stats return to normal even if it manages to KO another opponent on that turn (say terrakion ko's one pokemon. ability activates. he ko's another turn. Ability won't activate and instead returns its stats to normal).
    Too complicated.
    Response: See my opinion on Wishing Star's tag.

d. Instinct
    Pokemon Conquest Data: May allow the Pokémon to avoid attacks. Chances increase the higher the Link with the Warlords
    Pokemon Main Series Data: May be able to dodge perfect to 90% - 100% accuracy attacks by somewhere 40%-50% but makes the user more prone to attacks with 89% accuracy and below.
    This is an interesting move. I'm still trying to figure out how the math would work out.
    Response: In pokemon terminology, 90% - 100% Accuracy moves and perfect accuracy moves (Extremespeed, Aura Sphere, etc.) has a 40-50% that will surely miss. But moves with 89% accuracy and Lower (Fire blast, Thunder, Blizzard, Seed Flare, One hit Ko Moves, etc.) are impossible to dodge (unless you got some protect) if the pokemon's ability is instinct.

e. Last Bastion
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases stats if the last Pokémon in your squad
    Pokemon Main Series Data: All stats increase (not including evasiveness and priority of moves) if its the last pokemon at a severe cost of 60% - 80% of the last user's remaining health. (key term to end then. A powerful priority or be faster and hit hard.)
    That's not as useful in competitive Pokemon. Simply put, it's a dead ability until the very end, in which at the very end, you lose a good chunk of your HP for stat boost. In fact, with hazards being so prominent in OU, you literally sign yourself a death sentence with this ability, assuming that the pokemon with this is neutral to SR, SR + 2 layers of Spikes (average successful hazard layers) and this ability kills off the Pokemon, giving you a 100% chance of losing with your last pokemon.
    Response: I agree with ya on the HP Constraint. I think we should just remove that one. See more on wishing Star's reply.

f. Mood Maker
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases tension of partner Pokémon within the same area
    Pokemon Main Series Data: In doubles or triples, the user with this ability gives one of their allies a random stat boost (minus evasiveness). In return, the user loses a level to the stat passed to the partner. Activates every turn. (e.g. Plusle and Minun in triples used their ability in that turn. Plusle passed a special attack stat to Galvantula and Minun passed a Speed stat To Galvantula. In return, plusle lost a special attack stat along with minun losing a speed stat, both by minus one). Not recommended in singles, you'll give it to the enemy instead if you do.
    Really complicated. Remember, even though it's a competitive game, it's a game also made for little kids who do not have the patience to read a wall of text as to how does something work. The fact that this sheer wall of text is the main effect, not the extra technicality issues, should give you a red flag.
    Response: Maybe I do agree on the complexity which is right. But let me help simplify it. In-game data says:

"Passes one random stat to an ally. User loses it however."

Mood maker sounds like something that Plusle And Minun (cheerleaders as humans) do to its team. Cheer them up. But that doesn't mean it doesn't distract its allies (reason for evasiveness not added).
    But since cheerleaders get tired (reason for that random stat drop after passing one random stat to its ally), they need to get some rest at parts of the on going game.

Also, it is activated every beginning of the turn they stay in the battlefield, (e.g. Speed boost and moody)

g. Disgust
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Opponent that takes a hit is annoyed/pestered and changes with its neighbor
    Pokemon Main Series Data: Opponents are more to hurt themselves in a confused state by 30%-50%. (crobat would be using this, or Sableye)
    So it solely boosts the damage done by Confusion by 1.5x? I like that. Counters stupid Outrage abusers.
    Response: Agree. Confuse Ray abusers benefit this too.

h. Thrust
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Pushes your opponent far away
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the opponent is lighter than you, the opponent will be phazed out by 50%-70%. It gets weaker the heavier the opponent. If the opponent is 150 - 250 kgs. heavier than the user, it won't get phazed.
    I don't get how this effect works. If your opponent is lighter, you're more likely to be phazed by what means?
    Response: It activates if the heavyweight pokemon attack whether 1st or last to attack. Let's go to another Pokemon terminology example:

Ex: Samurott [weighs 94.6 kgs.](switches to Infernape [weighs 55 kgs]) vs Torterra [weighs 310 kgs.].
    Samurott used razor shell. Then torterra used rock polish. 2nd turn, user a switches to infernape. Torterra used wood hammer. Its not very effective. Nape gets phazed and brings back samurott on the battlefield.

I bet you can get this one understood now. its basically a whirlwind or dragon tail as an ability.

i. Run Up
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases damage the less you move before Attacking
    Pokemon Main Series Data: Increases damage of attacks by 2 levels with lower priority (e.g Revenge, storm throw, etc.). Attacks with 0 priority or higher will hit with less power.
    Completely counterproductive. It's the same reason nobody ever, ever uses Analytic Magnezone.
    Response: Not much to say.

j. Nomad
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases Attack the more you move
    Pokemon Main Series Data: Powers up attacks with +1 priority or higher. Attacks with 0 priority and lower are weakened.
    Definitely helps with some cool priority abusers (Bullet Punch/ESpeed Luke), but really depends on what factor is it being boosted by.
    k. Stealth
    Pokemon Conquest Data: If on the same terrain that works for the type, chances of avoiding damage are increased
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the user's on a weather similar to its type, chances of getting hit with a resistant or neutral move increases but it leaves itself more prone to attacks it is not type resistant.
    l. Pride
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases Attack & Defence when affected by a Status Condition
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the user defeats a higher evolution pokemon or defeats an enemy with a 'Not very effective' attack, its attack increases by 3 stages. Neutral or Super Effective Attacks will only take 1 increase.
    Thats a cool revenge killing move. Salamence can easily pick off weakened Jirachis with Outrage and just kill the rest upright.
    Response: Its an ability keep in mind. Its also works if a pokemon with a third evolution defeats a fully evolved pokemon, legendary or not.
    For example:
    -A chansey surprisingly defeat her older mother blissey.
    -Also for Pikachu(a pre evo pokemon with 2 evolutions. Starts from Pichu < Pikachu < Raichu as last) defeating a Vaporeon (a fully evolved pokemon with only one evolution. Starts with Eevee and Ends with either of the 7 evolutions.)
    -And you said it right. A pseudo legendary defeating a legendary.
    -But sadly, it works when A non legendary also defeats a Pseudo Legendary or Legendary (like Cinccino and Lucario vs. Terrakion and Groudon).
    Wishing Star

a. Confidence
    Pokemon Main Series Data: When the user is attacked with a not very effective attack, the total damage will be halved and increases either defence by 1 and reduce either attack stat for that turn. But It won't work with immune type attacks (a normal type being hit with ghost move. it won't activate. But let's say user uses water attack on grass enemy, ability activates)
    The move targeted at the Pokémon with Confidence is already not very effective, and there's really no need for it to be even less effective than it already is. And yeah, it's pretty complicated.
    Response: Can't understand this, let's sample a 2 times resist example. Found at my reply to Eaglehawk's question above.

c. Conqueror
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases Attack & Defence whenever the Pokémon defeats an opponent
    Pokemon Main Series Data: After KO'ing a pokemon, its defensive will increase plus critical ratio(one turn critical chance). On the next turn, stats return to normal even if it manages to KO another opponent on that turn (say terrakion ko's one pokemon. ability activates. he ko's another turn. Ability won't activate and instead returns its stats to normal).
    As it is, it's too complex. A Defense counterpart to Moxie would work. Or it could raise both Attack and Defense, but only activate 50% of the time or something.
    Response: I think yours is much more appropriate. Raises both Attack and Defense, but only activate 50% of the time is more fitting

d. Instinct
    Pokemon Conquest Data: May allow the Pokémon to avoid attacks. Chances increase the higher the Link with the Warlords
    Pokemon Main Series Data: May be able to dodge perfect to 90% - 100% accuracy attacks by somewhere 40%-50% but makes the user more prone to attacks with 89% accuracy and below.
    This seems interesting. It'd surely make people think twice before putting 100% accurate moves in their Pokémon's movesets.
    Response: you got it right. Just like what I said to the other replier above you, 90% - 100% Accuracy moves and perfect accuracy moves (Extremespeed, Aura Sphere, etc.) has a 40-50% that will surely miss. But moves with 89% accuracy and Lower (Fire blast, Thunder, Blizzard, Seed Flare, One hit Ko Moves, etc.) are impossible to dodge (unless you got some protect) if the pokemon's ability is instinct. Though it Fails from Shadow Force.

f. Mood Maker
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases tension of partner Pokémon within the same area
    Pokemon Main Series Data: In doubles or triples, the user with this ability gives one of their allies a random stat boost (minus evasiveness). In return, the user loses a level to the stat passed to the partner. Activates every turn. (e.g. Plusle and Minun in triples used their ability in that turn. Plusle passed a special attack stat to Galvantula and Minun passed a Speed stat To Galvantula. In return, plusle lost a special attack stat along with minun losing a speed stat, both by minus one). Not recommended in singles, you'll give it to the enemy instead if you do.
    If it were a one-shot thing, it'd probably be a bit more viable. As it is right now, the effects are parasitic (literally), and the ability is too complex.
    Response: see my response to this from Eaglehawk.

h. Thrust
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the opponent is lighter than you, the opponent will be phazed out by 50%-70%. It gets weaker the heavier the opponent. If the opponent is 150 - 250 kgs. heavier than the user, it won't get phazed.
    I could see this in a Pokémon game, but when does this activate? If it's after every move, then it's overpowered; just get a Snorlax or something, tank a hit, then your opponent will most likely have an unfavorable Pokémon sent out. Then they'd have to switch, and rinse, lather, repeat.
    Response: see response from Eaglehawk

l. Pride
    Pokemon Conquest Data: Increases Attack & Defence when affected by a Status Condition
    Pokemon Main Series Data: If the user defeats a higher evolution pokemon or defeats an enemy with a 'Not very effective' attack, its attack increases by 3 stages. Neutral or Super Effective Attacks will only take 1 increase.
    There's an issue with the "higher evolution" part. A Charmeleon with Pride defeats an Arcanine. Does Charmeleon get the Attack increase? (Both evolve from a first-stage Pokémon, so you could argue that it doesn't, but Arcanine can't evolve anymore whereas Charmeleon can, so you could argue that it does.) Players may get confused by what constitutes a "higher-evolution" Pokémon. Otherwise, it's essentially Moxie, with the weird exception of applying only for "higher-evolution Pokémon".
    How about if a Pokémon defeats another Pokémon with a not-very-effective move, its Attack increases by two stages? Three stages seems too overpowered when considering revenge killers such as Salamence.
    Response: You're partly right though, attack by a level or 2 instead. As for the evolution condition, see below
    For example:
    -Also for Pikachu(a pre evo pokemon with 2 evolutions. Starts from Pichu < Pikachu < Raichu as last) defeating a Vaporeon (a fully evolved pokemon with only one evolution. Starts with Eevee and Ends with either of the 7 evolutions.)
    -But sadly, it works when A non legendary also defeats a Pseudo Legendary or Legendary (like Cinccino and Lucario vs. Terrakion and Groudon).
    see full response from Eaglehawk as optional.
    By some day, I'll look at the Warrior and Warlord abilities ad convert them to a Main series version since this one's using too many words.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Sucker Punch's new effect: The power of Sucker Punch is halved if the opponent isn't readying an attack.

Sucker Punch's new effect: The power of Sucker Punch is halved if the opponent isn't readying an attack.
    But then it will lose all it's meaning of risk/reward.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

But then it will lose all it's meaning of risk/reward.
    True, but I hate it when I am using something like Bisharp in UU, I use a Choice Banded Sucker Punch when the opponent can get like 2 turns to set up and kill my team :/

True, but I hate it when I am using something like Bisharp in UU, I use a Choice Banded Sucker Punch when the opponent can get like 2 turns to set up and kill my team :/
    And that's why you never use a choiced sucker punch.

New Illuminate: The opponent's accuracy is lowered by 10%

Oh and Aerodactyl should get Brave Bird for a reliable STAB.

Brave Bird / Head Smash Aerodactyl would be pretty damn good with Rock Head, I agree.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

Attacks

Magic Storm (Psychic)
    This would be cool if it was a distribution outside of legendary Pokemon. If Alakazam gets it, gg.
    Flower Guard (Grass)
    So basically the opposite of growth. It'd be pretty cool if Ferrothorn go this, but outside of that, Grass types have terrible defensive typing.
    Rush (Normal)
    Sounds pretty solid. The BP is reasonable, but I'm just wondering what's the chance of the Att or Spe to rise.
    Abilities
    I think that's a name for a 5th Gen move lol, but yeah, it's basically this move only as an ability.
    So Physical attacker attacks bastio and takes 33% Recoil damage and Bastio goes last? Nice. Bastio's speed was already crap enough to ignore. You migh also want to make the moves contact Physical, meaning stuff like Stone Edge wouldn't trigger it.
    Basically a second-rate Cursed Body.
    That's a really good boon for Exploud. Special exploud was already pretty badass, now just slap a Scarf on it and Hyper Voice your way to victory.
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Break Point
    Fighting
    Physical
    95Acc
    100Power
    The user thrust's a sharp appendage at the target's weak points. Has 25% chance to lower target's defense one stage.

Would be given to most pokemon who can learn: Horn Attack, Pin Missile, Spike Cannon, Drill Run, and Escavalier.

I like it, makes Escavalier more threatening, but would also make Excadrill even more broken as it already is.

Ability
    Wild Sense-The user relies on it's Primal Instincts for battle and removes type immunity.
    lol Primal Instincts. It would be a little bit broken, as from what I am reading, it's Mold Breaker + Scrappy combined.

Photosynthesis
    Borrowing the power of the Sun, the user photosynthesis and increase defense and special defense. The boosting rates will increase the more times this skill is used and is able to break past the maximum defense. This skill will fail outside the sun.
    It seems really weird though. Personally, I would like it to be really broken and give the user +3 in both Def and SpDef in one turn.

Solarbeam

Oh yeah, I guess @ Magic Storm. I only did it because Psycho Boost's distribution is sparse. Guess I wont be giving it to every psychic types then. Maybe like Alakazam/Gardevoir or stuff like that
    As I said before, Magic Storm + Alakazam = BROKEN
    New Illuminate: The opponent's accuracy is lowered by 10%
    lol My Illuminate increased your accuracy by 10% and decrease accuracy by 10% for the opponent.
    Oh and Aerodactyl should get Brave Bird for a reliable STAB.
    and Head Smash
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

New stat-boosting move:
    Shock Pack
    PP: 10
    Priority: 0

The user is covered in an electric shield, the user's Defense and Special Defense increases by one.

Basically an electric version of Cosmic Power but is given too a new Electric/Psychic Pokemon.

You could just edit charge to raise defense too.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Fail on the Mold Breaker thing. I guess just give the ability out to more Pokemon if there were to be more absorb abilities.

I still fail to understand why GameFreak never gave Aerodactly Brave Bird and Head Smash when the moves first came out anyway.
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oak! View Post
    Fail on the Mold Breaker thing. I guess just give the ability out to more Pokemon if there were to be more absorb abilities.

I still fail to understand why GameFreak never gave Aerodactly Brave Bird and Head Smash when the moves first came out anyway.
    Brave Bird- Aerodactyl isn't a bird
    Head Smash-perhaps it is too OP or it is a future move when more power creeps comes with gen 6 or something.

abilities:

Frostbite:
    30% (or 20%) chance to freeze attacker when direct contact is made.
    distrubution: mainly ice types.

moves:

Dragon's Breath (not to be confused with dragonbreath)
    pp 10
    steel
    bp 30
    hits 2-5 times. 10% chane to burn target.

EDIT: i agree on why dactyl doesn't get head smash and brave bird. also, he's supposed to be a fast rocks lead. not a choice band poke.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Brave Bird- Aerodactyl isn't a bird
    Head Smash-perhaps it is too OP or it is a future move when more power creeps comes with gen 6 or something.
    Crobat isn't a bird, and still gets Brave Bird. It should at least get Acrobatics, which every other non-bird Flying type gets, even it's 5th gen equivalent Archeops, which is halfway to becoming a bird as it is. And Crobat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Crobat isn't a bird, and still gets Brave Bird. It should at least get Acrobatics, which every other non-bird Flying type gets, even it's 5th gen equivalent Archeops, which is halfway to becoming a bird as it is. And Crobat.
    ^

Aerodactyl deserves at least Acrobatics or Brave Bird. And like Aurawarrior said, you don't necessarily need to be a bird to have access to Brave Bird.

At least Head Smash will come eventually...hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums
    EDIT: i agree on why dactyl doesn't get head smash and brave bird. also, he's supposed to be a fast rocks lead. not a choice band poke.
    Pokemon get brand-new jobs every generation. Besides, gen 5 pretty much said bye-bye to any sort of reliable lead, including Aero.
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Break Point
    Fighting
    Physical
    95Acc
    100Power

Neat. The Defense drop isn't synonymous to the burn chance of Flamethrower and the paralysis chance in the fact that this has a 25% chance of lowering the target's Defense whereas the latter two only have a 10% chance to inflict their respective status ailments. Break Point would probably have to have 10 PP or something because of this.

Ability
    Strictly better Scrappy, which is nice.

Photosynthesis

Solarbeam

I'm scratching my head on this one. That's a sign that it's too complex.

Now if this were a negative priority move (-2 or something?) and increased Defense and Sp. Def by three stages each in the sun only, then it'd be great. It takes awhile to photosynthesize anyway, right?

New stat-boosting move:
    Shock Pack
    PP: 10

The user is covered in an electric shield, the user's Defense and Special Defense increases by one.

Basically an electric version of Cosmic Power but is given too a new Electric/Psychic Pokemon.
    Not bad, but as someone already said, Charge could be changed to have this effect as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    abilities:

Frostbite:
    30% (or 20%) chance to freeze attacker when direct contact is made.
    distrubution: mainly ice types.
    How long does this last? If it's only for one turn, it's horrible; if it's for a finite amount of turns, it's pretty good. Make it last the entirety of the time that the user is active, though, and it's broken.

moves:

Dragon's Breath (not to be confused with dragonbreath)
    pp 10
    steel
    bp 30
    hits 2-5 times. 10% chane to burn target.
    Erm... why is it Steel-type if it's a dragon's breath? DragonBreath itself is already a dragon's breath, so I'm really iffy on the name.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider
    a. Confidence
    The move targeted at the Pokémon with Confidence is already not very effective, and there's really no need for it to be even less effective than it already is. And yeah, it's pretty complicated.
    Response: Can't understand this, let's sample a 2 times resist example. Found at my reply to Eaglehawk's question above.
    I meant that if you use Surf on a Ludicolo, it's already 4x not very effective. There's really no need to make the Surf do even less damage than it already does.

f. Mood Maker
    I get the reasoning behind the ability. Cheerleaders support the team they're cheering for. But the fact that the partner Pokémon literally "drains" a stat increase from the Pokémon with Mood Maker seems odd...

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk
    h. Thrust
    I don't get how this effect works. If your opponent is lighter, you're more likely to be phazed by what means?
    Response: It activates if the heavyweight pokemon attack whether 1st or last to attack. Let's go to another Pokemon terminology example:

Ex: Samurott [weighs 94.6 kgs.](switches to Infernape [weighs 55 kgs]) vs Torterra [weighs 310 kgs.].
    Samurott used razor shell. Then torterra used rock polish. 2nd turn, user a switches to infernape. Torterra used wood hammer. Its not very effective. Nape gets phazed and brings back samurott on the battlefield.

I bet you can get this one understood now. its basically a whirlwind or dragon tail as an ability.
    I understand how the ability works here. All you'd have to do is get a bunch of heavy Pokémon with this ability and use some kind of move to phaze out the opponent a majority of the time. Just as how you can keep stalling and hope for an evasion boost from Moody, so you can keep using your Snorlax's Body Slam and hope for a phaze from Thrust.

Not to mention, it's basically an infinite Eject Button or Red Card. The two items are one-time use for a reason. :/

l. Pride
    There's an issue with the "higher evolution" part. A Charmeleon with Pride defeats an Arcanine. Does Charmeleon get the Attack increase? (Both evolve from a first-stage Pokémon, so you could argue that it doesn't, but Arcanine can't evolve anymore whereas Charmeleon can, so you could argue that it does.) Players may get confused by what constitutes a "higher-evolution" Pokémon. Otherwise, it's essentially Moxie, with the weird exception of applying only for "higher-evolution Pokémon".
    How about if a Pokémon defeats another Pokémon with a not-very-effective move, its Attack increases by two stages? Three stages seems too overpowered when considering revenge killers such as Salamence.
    Response: You're partly right though, attack by a level or 2 instead. As for the evolution condition, see below
    For example:
    see full response from Eaglehawk as optional.
    Several more issues:
    - There's still the issue of different interpretations on constitutes a Pokémon being of a "higher evolution" than another.
    - It's not often that a Scyther defeats a Scizor. There's such a low probability of that happening that it isn't worth it to make the ability even more complex.
    - Fundamentally, there are no special advantages for a Pokémon defeating a pseudo-legendary or a legendary Pokémon in the games. This is because these two terms have no meaning in battle. As such, you can't base a trigger off of defeating a "pseudo-legendary" or anything like that.

New Move: Shadow Blast:
    Accuracy: 85
    PP: 5

Basically Ghost version of Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, etc

P.S. can we try not to quote big posts, its slowing my internet :/

Page 16 of 88 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666 ... LastLast