Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    New Move: Shadow Blast:
    Accuracy: 85
    Priority: 0
    PP: 5

Basically Ghost version of Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, etc

P.S. can we try not to quote big posts, its slowing my internet :/
    Shadow Blast is already a move in Pokémon XD. But other than that, I see nothing wrong with it.

P.S. I try not to, but there's just so much to reply to. Sorry about that. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Crobat isn't a bird, and still gets Brave Bird. It should at least get Acrobatics, which every other non-bird Flying type gets, even it's 5th gen equivalent Archeops, which is halfway to becoming a bird as it is. And Crobat.
    ...Crobat does get Acrobatics...

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Shadow Blast is already a move in Pokémon XD. But other than that, I see nothing wrong with it.

P.S. I try not to, but there's just so much to reply to. Sorry about that. :/
    I wouldn't know since I never played Pokemon XD

Oh and bring Explosions defense lowering effect back!

i think we need to stop with the pokemon conquest "abilities". they are generally confusing, and if no one gets it or doesnt care, and it's just taking up space and slowing durant's internet. they mostly wont translate into the game. i mean, increasing power based on defeating legends and psuedo-legends? those are mostly fan-based terms. the game doesnt care if you beat them. be reasonable with your posts.

im sorry, but i felt this had to be said.

New Move: Excavate

Type: / Power: 65 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: All / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user returns all removed targets back to the field, inflicting double the damage. It can also be used to exit dungeons."

-Say a Pokemon(s) used Dig, Dive, Fly or Shadow Force you select Excavate, Excavate will then return them all to the field and inflict them with 130 damage, however it is only 130 damage if they were not on the field in the first place. Thus canceling their two turn move. This move does not apply to charging moves like Solarbeam, Razor Wind, Sky attack etc. Only moves that removes the target from the field for a turn.

Pokemon that could learn it are: Most Ground, Rock and Steel types, although I think it should be Excadrills' Signature move.

Also, I am still debating on whether to keep it a Ground or make it a Flying type so it can hit most Pokemon who use Fly, since most Pokemon who can Fly are Flying Type or have Levitate.

EDIT: I changed it to 0 priority so Excavate can be used on the turn they use the move and the turn they are removed from the field.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post

Type: / Power: 65 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: All / Category: / Priority: -1
    "The user returns all removed targets back to the field, inflicting double the damage. It can also be used to exit dungeons."

-Say a Pokemon(s) used Dig, Dive, Fly or Shadow Force on the 1st turn and you select Excavate on the same turn, because Excavate has negative priority they will always use the move first, Excavate will then return them all to the field and inflict them with 130 damage, however it is only 130 damage if they were not on the field in the first place. Thus canceling their two turn move. This move does not apply to charging moves like Solarbeam, Razor Wind, Sky attack etc. Only moves that removes the target from the field for a turn.

Pokemon that could learn it are: Most Ground, Rock and Steel types, although I think it should be Excadrills' Signature move.

Also I am still debating on whether to keep it a Ground or make it a Flying type so it can hit most Pokemon who use Fly, since most Pokemon who can Fly are Flying Type or have Levitate.
    To me, it being a ground type makes more sense than a flying type.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    To me, it being a ground type makes more sense than a flying type.
    Yeah, you're right it being a Ground Type move fits better.

Type: / Power: 65 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: All / Category: / Priority: 0

-Say a Pokemon(s) used Dig, Dive, Fly or Shadow Force you select Excavate, Excavate will then return them all to the field and inflict them with 130 damage, however it is only 130 damage if they were not on the field in the first place. Thus canceling their two turn move. This move does not apply to charging moves like Solarbeam, Razor Wind, Sky attack etc. Only moves that removes the target from the field for a turn.

Also, I am still debating on whether to keep it a Ground or make it a Flying type so it can hit most Pokemon who use Fly, since most Pokemon who can Fly are Flying Type or have Levitate.

EDIT: I changed it to 0 priority so Excavate can be used on the turn they use the move and the turn they are removed from the field.
    "Excavation" has to do with digging and making a hole, often in the ground. It doesn't make a lot of sense if it cancels the two-turn effects of Fly, Dive, and Shadow Force, for this reason.
    It could do with a name and type change, but otherwise I like it. It seems very well-designed. (:

@Wishing Star

dragon's breath is a type of shotgun round used by the military. hece the steel type.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    @Wishing Star

dragon's breath is a type of shotgun round used by the military. hece the steel type.
    Well, I guess if you put it that way, I can't really argue with you as far as the name-type correlation goes. (:

my only point was that the namesake rounds are incindiary.

and the frostbite ability was meant to be like static, flame body, etc,

and i know freeze is broken, that's why i gave it a 20 percent chance. nothing ever works for me when it's a 20 percent chance. although 80 acc moves miss for me like they'd be killed if they didn't. hmmmmm....
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

my only point was that the namesake rounds are incindiary.

and the frostbite ability was meant to be like static, flame body, etc,

and i know freeze is broken, that's why i gave it a 20 percent chance. nothing ever works for me when it's a 20 percent chance. although 80 acc moves miss for me like they'd be killed if they didn't. hmmmmm....
    Is there a Sleep equivalent of Static? I know there's Effect Spore, but that doesn't really count.

Freeze is a very lethal status ailment. Aside from the rarely-seen (at least, when compared to the rest of the moves in the game) thaw-out moves, a frozen Pokémon only has a 20% chance of thawing every turn. That's an eerily small chance, and making a Freeze equivalent of Static is extremely powerful.

i thought there was a higher chance of thawing. although i remember hearing there's a glitch that makes it impossible to thaw out if you are contiually hit by ice type attacks.

pokemon receiving move dragon's breath:

steel/(some other type.)
    tinted lens
    base stats:

Sorry for the Double Post but this needs it's own post

Revamped version: v.02

New Move: Salvage

"The user returns all removed targets back to the field, inflicting double the damage. It can also be used to return lost items."

-Say a Pokemon(s) used Dig, Dive, Fly or Shadow Force you select Salvage, Salvage will then return them all to the field and inflict them with 130 damage, however it is only 130 damage if they were not on the field in the first place. Thus canceling their two turn move. This move does not apply to charging moves like Solarbeam, Razor Wind, Sky attack etc. Only moves that removes the target from the field for a turn. Also, it can be used outside battle like Sweet Scent, Soft Boiled etc. it can return the last single item you threw out to the Pokemon that used the move Salvage, they cannot be holding an item for it to work.

Should I keep the move as a Dark Type or change it to Water Type? Help! I can't decide

Revamped version:

"The user returns all removed targets back to the field, inflicting double the damage. It can also be used to return lost items."

-Say a Pokemon(s) used Dig, Dive, Fly or Shadow Force you select Salvage, Salvage will then return them all to the field and inflict them with 130 damage, however it is only 130 damage if they were not on the field in the first place. Thus canceling their two turn move. This move does not apply to charging moves like Solarbeam, Razor Wind, Sky attack etc. Only moves that removes the target from the field for a turn. Also, it can be used outside battle like Sweet Scent, Soft Boiled etc. it can return the last single item you threw out to the Pokemon that used the move Salvage, they cannot be holding an item for it to work.

Should I keep the move as a Dark Type or change it to Water Type? Help! I can't decide
    No, this move doesn't need its own post, delete this post and edit your previous one before a moderator gives you an infraction. As for the move, it's a good concept and I think the name and typing are suitable. On a competitive side, barely anyone uses 2 turn moves where the first turn you're invulnerable so I honestly see it getting little to no use. Nonetheless, I still like the concept and idea.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    No, this move doesn't need its own post, delete this post and edit your previous one before a moderator gives you an infraction. As for the move, it's a good concept and I think the name and typing are suitable. On a competitive side, barely anyone uses 2 turn moves where the first turn you're invulnerable so I honestly see it getting little to no use. Nonetheless, I still like the concept and idea.
    ...Or I could just delete the Post before it, which I just did :P

and Thank you.

Strictly better Scrappy, which is nice.
    It also wouldn't be too widely distributed, I can only think of a few off the top of my head.

Primeape, and maybe some wild child-like Pokemon.

Would also give it to Elekid and Magby (but not their Evos). as they would have to rely on primal instincts to survive.

...Crobat does get Acrobatics...
    I was talking about Aerodactyl, who doesn't get Brave Bird or Acrobatics. He should at least get one of them, as every other Flying-type gets Brave Bird or Acrobatics or Air Slash or Hurricane or Drill Peck or otherwise doesn't need them, like Ninjask, Gyarados, Thundurus, Landorus etc.

Let's have Power Gem buffed to 85 or 90. Maybe give it 10% chance of confusion as well. It's the only special rock move bar Ancient Power, so it might as well be half-decent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    i think we need to stop with the pokemon conquest "abilities". they are generally confusing, and if no one gets it or doesnt care, and it's just taking up space and slowing durant's internet. they mostly wont translate into the game. i mean, increasing power based on defeating legends and psuedo-legends? those are mostly fan-based terms. the game doesnt care if you beat them. be reasonable with your posts.

im sorry, but i felt this had to be said.
    Unfortunately, it's technically part of competitive battling.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Break Point
    Fighting
    Physical
    95Acc
    100Power
    The user thrust's a sharp appendage at the target's weak points. Has 25% chance to lower target's defense one stage.

Would be given to most pokemon who can learn: Horn Attack, Pin Missile, Spike Cannon, Drill Run, and Escavalier.

It provides good Fighting coverage, witch a lot of Pokemon like.
    I like this move but then 25%, make it 20% or even 10%. But if it's distributed to only a few pokemon then I guess 25% is fine...

Ability
    Wild Sense-The user relies on it's Primal Instincts for battle and removes type immunity.
    By type immunity do you mean x0 attacks? Because I think there's already an ability like it...

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    It's a Doduo only area... Sorta like their signature move?

This move is gimmick, similar to Stockpile-Spit Out: The below of course!

Photosynthesis
    PP: 30/ Base Power: -- / PP: -- / Category: Status
    Borrowing the power of the Sun, the user photosynthesis and increase defense and special defense. The boosting rates will increase the more times this skill is used and is able to break past the maximum defense. This skill will fail outside the sun.
    (They stack as time goes on btw)
    Stage 1: +1 stage defense
    Stage 2: + 1 stage defense and special defense
    Stage 3: + 1 stage defense and 2 stages special defense
    Stage 4 onwards: + 2 stages defense and special defense

Why use this skill? The reason:

Solarbeam
    After Stage 1 boost: + 10%
    After Stage 2 boost: + 30%
    After Stage 3 Boost: + 50%
    After Stage 4 Boost: + 70%
    Stage 5 Boost and onwards: + 30% every boost

So at Stage 6: You'd have a solarbeam with 320 B.P Solarbeam LOL

Kinda op and gimmicky at the same time. Only workable in sun though

Oh yeah, I guess @ Magic Storm. I only did it because Psycho Boost's distribution is sparse. Guess I wont be giving it to every psychic types then. Maybe like Alakazam/Gardevoir or stuff like that
    Gimmicky. That's all I say.

Sucker Punch's new effect: The power of Sucker Punch is halved if the opponent isn't readying an attack.
    That's not bad but pokemon that get STAB from it will gain a better advantage...

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    But then it will lose all it's meaning of risk/reward.
    That's also true.

True, but I hate it when I am using something like Bisharp in UU, I use a Choice Banded Sucker Punch when the opponent can get like 2 turns to set up and kill my team :/
    Well, I guess it sucks to be you you need to think a little harder about your choices. Get it? Choice? HAHAHAHAHA!

And that's why you never use a choiced sucker punch.
    LoL.

New Illuminate: The opponent's accuracy is lowered by 10%

Oh and Aerodactyl should get Brave Bird for a reliable STAB.
    Meh. I guess maybe. Nintendo though by giving it Sky Drop people wouldn't complain but look where that took them...

Brave Bird+Rock Head. Hmmm...interesting. I personally think it should get Head Smash rather then Brave Bird but that's my opinion.

As for Illuminate, that would be good for story mode and maybe a little hax will help in Competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    Brave Bird / Head Smash Aerodactyl would be pretty damn good with Rock Head, I agree.
    It would.

New stat-boosting move:
    Shock Pack
    PP: 10

The user is covered in an electric shield, the user's Defense and Special Defense increases by one.

Basically an electric version of Cosmic Power but is given too a new Electric/Psychic Pokemon.
    Wouldn't the new Electric/Psychic pokemon get Cosmic Power?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oak! View Post
    Fail on the Mold Breaker thing. I guess just give the ability out to more Pokemon if there were to be more absorb abilities.

I still fail to understand why GameFreak never gave Aerodactly Brave Bird and Head Smash when the moves first came out anyway.
    Well, Aerodactly isn't the only flying type without Brave Bird. And it's not the only one without Head Smash. Besides, isn't it a fossil? Why get Brave Bird?

Brave Bird- Aerodactyl isn't a bird
    Head Smash-perhaps it is too OP or it is a future move when more power creeps comes with gen 6 or something.
    I pretty repeated most of what you said.

abilities:

Frostbite:
    30% (or 20%) chance to freeze attacker when direct contact is made.
    distrubution: mainly ice types.

moves:

Dragon's Breath (not to be confused with dragonbreath)
    pp 10
    steel
    bp 30
    hits 2-5 times. 10% chane to burn target.

EDIT: i agree on why dactyl doesn't get head smash and brave bird. also, he's supposed to be a fast rocks lead. not a choice band poke.
    Frostbite is a good ability. Change the name of Dragon's Breath. It's just too similar. And 'Dactyl' can be used for Choice Band.

Crobat isn't a bird, and still gets Brave Bird. It should at least get Acrobatics, which every other non-bird Flying type gets, even it's 5th gen equivalent Archeops, which is halfway to becoming a bird as it is. And Crobat.
    ...It may not be a bird but it's closer to one then Aerodactyl. And besides, this is the pokemon world. Bats might be birds in this world. Aerodactyl getting Acrobatics? I don't see it in the future but it could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oak! View Post
    ^

Aerodactyl deserves at least Acrobatics or Brave Bird. And like Aurawarrior said, you don't necessarily need to be a bird to have access to Brave Bird.

Meh. Speculate as you wish.
    At least Head Smash will come eventually...hopefully.

We pray every night. Jk. But it wi

Pokemon get brand-new jobs every generation. Besides, gen 5 pretty much said bye-bye to any sort of reliable lead, including Aero.

Not only that but tons of pokemon change jobs. You're right. Look at Politoed. Before it was a Perish Song pokemon and now look at it!
    Response in bold.

New Move: Shadow Blast:
    Accuracy: 85
    PP: 5

Basically Ghost version of Fire Blast, Hydro Pump, etc

P.S. can we try not to quote big posts, its slowing my internet :/
    Move in XD called Shadow Blast. But other then that, it's fine. I can hear Gengar taunting me...

PS. It might be too late for that sorry.

Good move to use in story mode but not in competitive. Still a good move though.

@Wishing Star

That makes more sense.

Is there a Sleep equivalent of Static? I know there's Effect Spore, but that doesn't really count.

Freeze is a very lethal status ailment. Aside from the rarely-seen (at least, when compared to the rest of the moves in the game) thaw-out moves, a frozen Pokémon only has a 20% chance of thawing every turn. That's an eerily small chance, and making a Freeze equivalent of Static is extremely powerful.
    Hmm...not yet it seems.

Revamped version: v.02

Water type. Makes more sense.

Let's have Power Gem buffed to 85 or 90. Maybe give it 10% chance of confusion as well. It's the only special rock move bar Ancient Power, so it might as well be half-decent.
    I say it's fine. I mean, I have to agree on that.

It also wouldn't be too widely distributed, I can only think of a few off the top of my head.

Primeape, and maybe some wild child-like Pokemon.

Would also give it to Elekid and Magby (but not their Evos). as they would have to rely on primal instincts to survive.
    That makes sense. Maybe also Togepi?
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

@chidori_O you actually commented on everything LOL

I would give tornadus brave bird maybe from an event or something I wanna use him outside of the rain. acrobatics make it that I can't use choice band.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Tornadus-T should get Roost. Then it would never die, mwahahaha. It'd be a lot better than most other filler moves that get thrown on alongside Hurricane, Superpower, and U-turn.

I've always thought that Double Kick should get a power boost, maybe to 50 like Bonemerang. This would be so useful on Terrakion, since it would give it a reliable STAB that could break Subs. It'd make a great filler on the Scarf set for beating opposing SubSD Terrakion, Sub Hydreigon, etc.

Cresselia needs Hydration. Why? Because it would be AWESOME! And it'd probably break the game since pretty much nothing OHKOs it, so you just CM and Rest until you're at +6 and then destroy the opponent with *insert two moves here*.

i'm surprised that my frostbite ability went over so well. i was just stating my opinion that freeze needs to happen more.

new move:

Hemorrhage|steel|power: 100|acc: 90|
    30% chance to lower foe's attack 1 stage
    distrubution: steel types, pokemon with blade like appendages, bisharp, etc.

i'm surprised that my frostbite ability went over so well. i was just stating my opinion that freeze needs to happen more.

new move:

Hemorrhage|steel|power: 100|acc: 90|
    30% chance to lower foe's attack 1 stage
    distrubution: steel types, pokemon with blade like appendages, bisharp, etc.
    Someone posted a move with the same name but a different effect totally. I wish I remembered who did post it earlier...

who? who stole my name?

EDIT: alright, gotta ask. was mine or theirs better?

who? who stole my name?

EDIT: alright, gotta ask. was mine or theirs better?
    Here is the person with the move that has the same name as yours:
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    New Move: Hemorrhage

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: ±0
    "The user gives itself a brain hemorrhage, which sharply raises both speed, Attack, and Special Attack, but in contrast sharply lowers both Defense and Special Defense, as well as sapping 1/8 health of user. This move's effects can be passed on by baton pass, but health will not go down for the reciever. Haze negates the boosts and drops, but leaves the health-sapping effect in place."

- Hemorrhage gives the user a Hemorrhage, taking 1/8 of its health for the period in which the pokemon is on the field. as an added effect, it increases both atk and SpA by 2 stages, increases speed by 2, and decreases both defenses by 2 stages.

Page 17 of 88 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast