Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

New Move:
    Diamond Crash (Or Diamond Beam?)
    Type: PP: 10 Power: 95 Category: Special
    Effect might cause flinch (10%)
    A rock beam counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i'm surprised that my frostbite ability went over so well. i was just stating my opinion that freeze needs to happen more.

new move:

Hemorrhage|steel|power: 100|acc: 90|
    30% chance to lower foe's attack 1 stage
    distrubution: steel types, pokemon with blade like appendages, bisharp, etc.
    Assuming that each poster has their own continuity of moves that consists only of the moves that already exist and the moves they create (which basically means no penalty for having a move whose name is the same as that of another move already posted here), it's fine. It's rather formulaic, in that it has 80-100 power and is able to drop a stat or inflict a status condition, but by no means is it a badly-designed move. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    New Move:
    Diamond Crash (Or Diamond Beam?)
    Type: PP: 10 Power: 95 Category: Special
    Effect might cause flinch (10%)
    A rock beam counterpart.
    "Diamond Beam" fits the twelve-character limit, and Diamond Crash doesn't really fit the Special category of the move. But again, formulaic and neat. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Haxorus should have gotten Fire Punch, he would be a Physical Reshiram basically, sorry if it looks broken :/

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Haxorus should have gotten Fire Punch, he would be a Physical Reshiram basically, sorry if it looks broken :/
    Aqua Tail, Superpower, and Low Kick make it more or less unneeded.

Reaping Claws
    type: STEEL PP: 10 Power: 120 acc: 85
    30% chance of causing the opponent to "bleed", preventing them from switching and damaging them for 1/16 of their health for the next 2-5 turns.

steel type attacks need a buff. give pokemon who gets this move tinted lens, and they become absurdly strong with STAB.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Reaping Claws
    30% chance of causing the opponent to "bleed", preventing them from switching and damaging them for 1/16 of their health for the next 2-5 turns.

steel type attacks need a buff. give pokemon who gets this move tinted lens, and they become absurdly strong with STAB.
    While most moves like this are 5 PP, Thunder is 10, I believe. The PP may need adjusting, but that's just my opinion.
    Otherwise, it isn't surprising for a 120 power, 70-85 accuracy move to have a 30% of having some secondary effect.

I do have a question though: why does bleeding prevent switches?

Reaping Claws

I think Bleed's effect should be taking 15% extra damage for 3 turns. Y'know, cause it hurts more when someone attacks your wounds than your non-wounded parts. Your effect makes perfect sense too, but it's something I thought of as an alternative effect. Oh yeah and I don't think all Pokémon have blood so I don't know how that'll work out :x

Sacred Sacrifice:
    Type: Ghost
    PP:5
    Acc: 100
    Status Move
    The user uses its life force in a ceremonial sacrifice in which it sacrifices itself in order for the next pokemon to receive a 2+ boost in all stats.

I always thought there should be a move like this.

New Move: Infect
    Type: Poison / Power: -- / Accuracy: 90 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "A severe virus infects the target, lowering its maximum HP for 3-5 turns up to half of its usual value."
    - That's right, it decreases maximum HP at the end of each turn. Anything that calculates its damage or healing using maximum HP calculates its damage or healing using its new maximum HP. And it's a non-volatile status ailment (like burn, poison, paralysis, etc.)

For example, consider a Pokémon with 320/320 HP being infected, which means it loses 20 HP at the end of each turn. After five turns, it'll have 220 HP left. Then, my Gengar uses Shadow Ball on it, leaving it with 100 HP. When the foe uses Recover, it'll recover 110 HP, or half of 220 HP (rather than 160 HP, or half of 320 HP).

Likewise, if a Raticate uses Super Fang on an infected Pokémon with 320 regular maximum HP and 200/200 new HP, it'll only do 100 damage, since 100 is half of 200.

Ability:

Infection
    when a pokemon with this ability ko's an opponent with a direct contact attack, you obtain a copy of the defeated pokemon for your team, with the exception that it is a poison type and has 75% of its max hp.
    Decrease the maximum number of pokemon you can have on your team by one for each pokemon with this ability.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

New Defiant: Moves that lower the user's stats now increase's Attack by 2 stages.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    New Defiant: Moves that lower the user's stats now increase's Attack by 2 stages.
    Overheat Primeape anyone?
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

i'm surprised that my frostbite ability went over so well. i was just stating my opinion that freeze needs to happen more.

new move:

......not cool......

new move:

Still sticking with Meteor Mash, Bullet Punch, and what thedarklord2155 said.

On the topic of bleed, I tripped once again onto carpet today and scraped my knees (this time in front of a bunch of people). With that out of the way, bleed is a status condition found in many role playing games where it drains one of their HP by minimal amounts but lasts for a long period of time as opposed to other status effects. With two different kinds of poison, burn's side effect, and paralysis's side effect in mind, I don't see the need for a bleed status condition. That said, there are conditions like confusion and infatuation that I'm sure the move could work similar to those though depending on how it works, it could get banishment and possible moves that get a side effect of inflicting bleed (Power Whip comes to mind or maybe it's just Ferrothron using Power Whip) which were once vital on older Pokemon could shoot them down a couple of tiers or even ban a handful of Pokemon with neither situation being good. That aside, Pokemon is aimed towards children even in Japan so I highly doubt Game Freak would include bleeding into their famous and long running series.

That aside, Charizard and Typhlosion having the exact same base stats annoys me to no end. Unlike the many who have 100 across the board, there isn't much that differentiates the two from one another. Similar can be said about Tornadus and Thundurus in their Incarnate formes though the later's banishment to the Uber tier makes this easier to ignore. Long story short, both of the fire-starters are forces to be reckoned with when not prepared. Aside from possibly adding to Typhlosion's move-pool (Thunderbolt and possibly Shadow Ball, please) as Charizard's is good enough, I would love if their base stats were changed up just a little bit to positively set them aside from other special attacking Fire types. Also, get rid of Solar Power's side-effect, everything that has it is awful or is crippled by Stealth Rock (which I have found to be an easy fix with a Rapid Spin user and Wobbuffet).
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Ability:

Infection
    when a pokemon with this ability ko's an opponent with a direct contact attack, you obtain a copy of the defeated pokemon for your team, with the exception that it is a poison type and has 75% of its max hp.
    Decrease the maximum number of pokemon you can have on your team by one for each pokemon with this ability.
    Several issues:
    - There is no way whatsoever that the last part of the ability can be enforced. Gastro Acid cancels out the ability entirely, which basically makes a team with a Pokémon with this ability at an inherent disadvantage.
    - There's also no way whatsoever that the "copy of the defeated Pokémon" on your team can be enforced, either. It can't go into the player's party, because at no point in the battle can the trainer have any Pokémon in their party that they didn't bring with them into battle.
    - The name doesn't really match the ability, but that's not such a big issue when compared to the other two issues.
    - Even if this ability would work, it's too complex. o_e

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    On the topic of bleed, I tripped once again onto carpet today and scraped my knees (this time in front of a bunch of people). With that out of the way, bleed is a status condition found in many role playing games where it drains one of their HP by minimal amounts but lasts for a long period of time as opposed to other status effects. With two different kinds of poison, burn's side effect, and paralysis's side effect in mind, I don't see the need for a bleed status condition. That said, there are conditions like confusion and infatuation that I'm sure the move could work similar to those though depending on how it works, it could get banishment and possible moves that get a side effect of inflicting bleed (Power Whip comes to mind or maybe it's just Ferrothron using Power Whip) which were once vital on older Pokemon could shoot them down a couple of tiers or even ban a handful of Pokemon with neither situation being good. That aside, Pokemon is aimed towards children even in Japan so I highly doubt Game Freak would include bleeding into their famous and long running series.
    I agree with you on the name "bleed" being a bit too strongly connotative for it to be really put into the games, alongside the many forms of residual damage that already exist.

But what do you think of the move Infect (and the status condition of the same name) that I posted at first?

heres a new ability:

Resurrecter
    - When in non-trainer battles, if the pokemon with this ability koes the opponent pokemon(always wild), that pokemon is deemed "captured", and all effects happen the same as if you had captured it with a pokeball. all pokemon "resurrected" will be captured with a pokeball. i.e. i ko a wurmple. at the end of the battle, it gives you the chance to nickname it and is either put into your party already koed, or is put in the pc.

only works if the pokemon has a higher level than the opponent, and only works if the opponent dies from direct damage from the user of the ability. i.e. earthquake resurrects, toxic damage doesnt. self-kos dont count either.

in battlw affect: user resists electric and psychic moves(bar mold breaker), but dark type attacks and ghost type attacks are always supereffective, up to 4x as effective, or 4x resist. if a psychic type has this ability, it will be 4x resist psychic, and 4x weak to dark/ghost. 2x effective electric.

ingame and comp use. limited distribution, cresselia's signature-ish ability(like clear body is the regi's signature ability, but metagross line gets it too)

espeon can have it as well.

New Move
    Rebellion: If the pokemon the user is fighting has a type advantage, the pokemon switch types, symbolizing how in rebellion the "weak" overcome the "strong". This stays in effect until the user switches out.
    PP: 15
    Category: Status
    Type: Normal

Opinions? >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    But what do you think of the move Infect (and the status condition of the same name) that I posted at first?
    Like you already said, there are too many ways to inflict residual damage and although this does more in the long run, I have to lay back on your opinion of residual damage and disagree with it though, I don't disagree with it entirely. I could see a move decreasing the foe's maximum HP as a side effect be possible (something similar to Super Fang with the current HP decreasing to the new maximum if it surpasses it) where the foe's maximum HP would return back to normal if it switched out (similar to the Gems in Xenoblade).

"Heropon do very good!"
    ~Riki, Xenoblade Chronicles

Yeah, I haven't been playing Pokemon that much over the summer. Back to the topic at hand, this maximum HP decrease move could be broken but it could be balanced depending on the mechanics considering how the foe's current HP are worked out.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    heres a new ability:

Resurrecter
    - When in non-trainer battles, if the pokemon with this ability koes the opponent pokemon(always wild), that pokemon is deemed "captured", and all effects happen the same as if you had captured it with a pokeball. all pokemon "resurrected" will be captured with a pokeball. i.e. i ko a wurmple. at the end of the battle, it gives you the chance to nickname it and is either put into your party already koed, or is put in the pc.

only works if the pokemon has a higher level than the opponent, and only works if the opponent dies from direct damage from the user of the ability. i.e. earthquake resurrects, toxic damage doesnt. self-kos dont count either.

in battlw affect: user resists electric and psychic moves(bar mold breaker), but dark type attacks and ghost type attacks are always supereffective, up to 4x as effective, or 4x resist. if a psychic type has this ability, it will be 4x resist psychic, and 4x weak to dark/ghost. 2x effective electric.

ingame and comp use. limited distribution, cresselia's signature-ish ability(like clear body is the regi's signature ability, but metagross line gets it too)

espeon can have it as well.
    The ability is trying to accomplish too many things at once. People would really want this as a legendary Pokémon capturing aid.
    Why does an ability that "resurrects" your Pokémon randomly make you resistant to certain types and weak to certain types?

Quote Originally Posted by MufinskullzFTW View Post
    New Move
    Rebellion: If the pokemon the user is fighting has a type advantage, the pokemon switch types, symbolizing how in rebellion the "weak" overcome the "strong". This stays in effect until the user switches out.
    PP: 15
    Category: Status
    Type: Normal
    Several issues, none of which prevent this move from actually working. It just needs clarification:
    - "If the Pokémon the user is fighting has a type advantage..." How do you determine whether or not the target Pokémon has a type advantage? Is it based on the target's actual type or something else?
    - "...The Pokémon switches types" to what type? Is it to a type that is super effective against the target Pokémon's type (as in, if you use this targeting a Swampert, the user will change to a Grass-type)? Does it change to a type that would be most effective (in other words, when targeting an Abomasnow, it would change to a Fire-type rather than to a Fighting-type because it is 4x weak to Fire but only 2x weak to Fighting)? If yes to both, what happens when you target a Spiritomb?

I like the move, but I'm a bit confused on how it actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Like you already said, there are too many ways to inflict residual damage and although this does more in the long run, I have to lay back on your opinion of residual damage and disagree with it though, I don't disagree with it entirely. I could see a move decreasing the foe's maximum HP as a side effect be possible (something similar to Super Fang with the current HP decreasing to the new maximum if it surpasses it) where the foe's maximum HP would return back to normal if it switched out (similar to the Gems in Xenoblade).

Yeah, I haven't been playing Pokemon that much over the summer. Back to the topic at hand, this maximum HP decrease move could be broken but it could be balanced depending on the mechanics considering how the foe's current HP are worked out.
    Yes, maximum HP would revert back to its true number upon switching out, but since it's a non-volatile status ailment (like Burn and Poison), it'd start depleting again for every turn it's sent out again. Current HP would stay. (For example, after three turns, 320/320 becomes 260/260, with 1/16 depletion after every turn. You switch out the Pokémon, then send it back in with 260/320. One more turn happens, and the Pokémon is at 260/300 again.)

I do have another move that has to do with maximum HP manipulation, though:

New Move: Wound (I know, creative name...)
    Type: Poison / Power: 55 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0 (Contact: Yes)
    "The Pokémon wounds the target, damaging it and lowering its maximum HP up to half of its usual value."
    It deals damage in the form of maximum HP depletion instead of current HP depletion. In most wild and trainer battles, this distinction is negligible, as most have no form of healing. It's a great way to prevent Full Restores from ticking players off, as well as a good check for stall Pokémon.

its supposed to be using light energy to resurrect them in your party. psychic and electric are the closest things to "light" type. dark and ghost are the "anti-light" types.

how complicated is it? you capture the pokemon by koing. certain restrictions on how it can be done.

im sure they would put something to not be able to resurrect a legendary or key pokemon. like how you cant capture trainer's pokemon. something similar. it wouldnt be too terribly hard. the most legendariest pokes out there cant really be "caught". i.e. events: jirachi, mew, celebi, etc.

explain what other stuff its trying to do?

its supposed to be using light energy to resurrect them in your party. psychic and electric are the closest things to "light" type. dark and ghost are the "anti-light" types.

how complicated is it? you capture the pokemon by koing. certain restrictions on how it can be done.

im sure they would put something to not be able to resurrect a legendary or key pokemon. like how you cant capture trainer's pokemon. something similar. it wouldnt be too terribly hard. the most legendariest pokes out there cant really be "caught". i.e. events: jirachi, mew, celebi, etc.

explain what other stuff its trying to do?
    Well, most abilities that have both in-battle and out-of-battle effects have a relatively simple out-of-battle effect. Auto-capturing Pokémon is a pretty simple out-of-battle effect (despite the countless ways to abuse it); a myriad of type effectiveness alterations, not so much. Keep in mind that you'd have to be able to word both the out-of-battle and in-battle effects in a small amount of text in the ability space in the summary. When reading "Resurrector", I had no idea that it was based on light, which would otherwise explain the type effectiveness changes.

As far as battle mechanics go, there is absolutely no difference between a legendary Pokémon and a regular Pokémon. "Legendary" is a fan term and doesn't matter in battle, so there would be no way for the game to differentiate between a Pokémon that is so-called "legendary" and a Pokémon such as Pidgey.

If the pokemon has a STAB move of its type, and the type is SE against the user, then the user gets the opponents type while the opponent gets the users type. Spiritomb and Sableye are unaffected.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Well, most abilities that have both in-battle and out-of-battle effects have a relatively simple out-of-battle effect. Auto-capturing Pokémon is a pretty simple out-of-battle effect (despite the countless ways to abuse it); a myriad of type effectiveness alterations, not so much. Keep in mind that you'd have to be able to word both the out-of-battle and in-battle effects in a small amount of text in the ability space in the summary. When reading "Resurrector", I had no idea that it was based on light, which would otherwise explain the type effectiveness changes.

As far as battle mechanics go, there is absolutely no difference between a legendary Pokémon and a regular Pokémon. "Legendary" is a fan term and doesn't matter in battle, so there would be no way for the game to differentiate between a Pokémon that is so-called "legendary" and a Pokémon such as Pidgey.
    technically, it is an ingame term. they mention legendary pokemon often throughout the series, most often in dppt series, due to rowan's research branch, i.e. evolution.

but it would be relatively simple. it doesnt have to only include legendary pokemon/whatever. the game designer's can place a similar block like capturing a trainer's pokemon. like, at the beginning of a battle, it says, "so-and-so cannot be resurrected!"

another example is the orre region games, XD and colosseum. certain pokemon have the ability to be caught, others dont.

for simplicity's sake, we can make it only apply to stage 1 pokemon, i.e. scyther, pichu, pidgey. but i like the original better :P

Quote Originally Posted by MufinskullzFTW View Post
    If the pokemon has a STAB move of its type, and the type is SE against the user, then the user gets the opponents type while the opponent gets the users type. Spiritomb and Sableye are unaffected.
    So, if a Darmanitan has Flare Blitz, and my Venusaur has Rebellion, and Venusaur uses Rebellion, targeting the Darmanitan, the Venusaur becomes Fire-type, but what does the Darmanitan become? Grass or Grass/Poison?

technically, it is an ingame term. they mention legendary pokemon often throughout the series, most often in dppt series, due to rowan's research branch, i.e. evolution.
    Just because they use it in dialogue doesn't mean that battles are inherently able to differentiate between the two.

but it would be relatively simple. it doesnt have to only include legendary pokemon/whatever. the game designer's can place a similar block like capturing a trainer's pokemon. like, at the beginning of a battle, it says, "so-and-so cannot be resurrected!"
    But the game can differentiate between a wild Pokémon and a Pokémon that belongs to a trainer.

another example is the orre region games, XD and colosseum. certain pokemon have the ability to be caught, others dont.
    I haven't played the Gamecube Pokémon games, so I wouldn't know. But surely there's some sort of flag on the Pokémon and some in-game person or sign or something that tells you whether or not a Pokémon can be caught?

for simplicity's sake, we can make it only apply to stage 1 pokemon, i.e. scyther, pichu, pidgey. but i like the original better :P
    Eh, I guess. :/

He becomes the type that his own type was SE to. If the type is SE to both your types, he gets both, and vice versa.

Page 18 of 88 FirstFirst ... 81415161718192021222868 ... LastLast