Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Changes:
    Eviolite: 50% defense at the cost of one-tenth every round
    Magic Guard: Takes damage from Life Orb
    Stealth Rock: Takes 10% damage regardless of type
    Drill Peck: B.P increased to 95
    Subsitute: +2 Priority
    Eviolite: I don't get it why change it?
    Magic guard: huh? why? it is fine as it is it isn't broken at all..
    SR: ... so what's the point?
    Drill peck: ok..
    Subtitute: everyone can easily set up like this lol... and sometimes it is good to make a sub after taking damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Changes:
    Eviolite: 50% defense at the cost of one-tenth every round
    I like Eviolite how it is normally.
    Magic Guard: Takes damage from Life Orb
    No need for a change.
    Stealth Rock: Takes 10% damage regardless of type
    Stealth Rock hater I would be fine halfing the damage on switch-ins. I know it's been posted before but, 4x=25% 2x=12.5% 1x=6.25 and so on.
    Drill Peck: B.P increased to 95
    Fine I suppose.
    Subsitute: +2 Priority
    Don't see the need to change Substitute's priority.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    I think plus 1 would be better,

@MetalFlygon08 that would be interesting with Eviolite, LC Pokemon could be better cuz of that.
    if it boosts evasion by plus one, it sort of becomes useless as sand veil or snow cloak does the same. and did anyone read that your evasion drops back to normal if you attack? although it would make set-up easier, boom, your easy to hit again after your attack, hit or miss.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Well some people were talking about Eviolite so I threw in my own input xD Yeah Stealth Rock needs the nerf. I hate Stealth Rock from the bottom of the gut (no offense) because so many good bird pokemon got ruined. I mean, they're still bad, but at least it doesnt go "nvr gonna be used nu lol"

By the way, anyone thinks there should be a 2nd dream world ability and a max hp increase/decrease type of stuff?

- Drain Volt
    PP: 10/Accuracy: --/Damage: --/Category: Status
    The user maximise special attack through generating great electric power by halving the total hp the user has.

- Health Swap
    PP: 15/Accuracy: 95/Damage: --/Category: Status
    The user swaps max hp with the foe.

Some could also be based on maximum hp, example:
    - Health Pulse
    PP: 10/Accuracy: 100/Damage: --/Category: Attack
    The user deals damage based on the maximum hp of the user compared to the foe.

User's maximum hp > Foe's maximum hp by 100%: B.P 150
    User's maximum hp > Foe's maximum hp by 50%: B.P 120
    User's maximum hp > Foe's maximum hp by 25%: B.P 90
    User's maximum hp = Foe's maximum hp: B.P 60
    User's maximum hp < Foe's maximum hp: B.P 45

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Well some people were talking about Eviolite so I threw in my own input xD Yeah Stealth Rock needs the nerf. I hate Stealth Rock from the bottom of the gut (no offense) because so many good bird pokemon got ruined. I mean, they're still bad, but at least it doesnt go "nvr gonna be used nu lol"

By the way, anyone thinks there should be a 2nd dream world ability and a max hp increase/decrease type of stuff?

- Drain Volt
    The user maximise special attack through generating great electric power by halving the total hp the user has.

- Health Swap
    The user swaps max hp with the foe. G@y.

- Health Pulse

bold comments. stealth rock is fine you . and if your eviolite change went through, no one would use eviolite. you sacrifice lefties to kill yourself. how very nice for walls.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

just a minor thing about eviolite, i'd also change it to prevent evolution while held, that way when using it ingame you don't have to keep pushing B.

Physical
    Leek Slap
    Grass
    90 Acc
    100 BP
    15 pp

The user slaps the target with a stalk of some sort. The target has a 30% chance to flinch.

while seemingly outclassed by Power Whip, this is the Heat Wave for Grass types.

And a high flinch chance, though no serene gracers will have access to it.

it would be farfetch'd's signature move.

On topic of Farfetch'd

Change Stick to increase FF'd's Attack and Speed in a manner similar to Thick Club.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

speed gain is unnessacary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    speed gain is unnessacary.
    Why is that? A speed boost couldn't hurt.

because all farfecth'd is is a gimmick. never meant to be used.

And with an upgraded Stick it would no longer be a gimmick. :/

also, for Shadow Punch, raise its base power to 90, sort of a physical version of Aura Sphere.

if it boosts evasion by plus one, it sort of becomes useless as sand veil or snow cloak does the same. and did anyone read that your evasion drops back to normal if you attack? although it would make set-up easier, boom, your easy to hit again after your attack, hit or miss.
    For in-game purposes, sure it could be +2. All I said is that even at +1, it could potentially be banned in competitive play because of the sheer luck factor. Anything above +1 is pretty much an instant ban. And for set-up Pokémon, they can just run four set-up moves (two stat-raising moves, Hypnosis, and Baton Pass or something), and just pray that they don't get hit in the process. (Taunt isn't really justification to give more of an evasion increase, in my opinion.)

While I don't agree that Stealth Rock damage should be doubled on weakness, I also don't agree that it should stay constant no matter what type the Pokémon is. That would defeat the entire difference between Stealth Rock and Spikes, pretty much.

Instead of doubling Stealth Rock damage for a weakness, though, I'd say x1.5 instead.

- Drain Volt

- Health Swap
    The user swaps max hp with the foe.

- Health Pulse

I say yes to alternate Dream World abilities. Some Pokémon just have horrible abilities even when considering the Dream World.

Drain Volt - Because it's a Sp. Atk variant of Belly Drum, I could see this just lowering current HP.
    Health Swap - Again, I could see this swapping current HP instead of maximum HP.
    Health Pulse - Ignoring the name similarity with Heal Pulse, this I could see happening. But Blissey, oh gosh...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    just a minor thing about eviolite, i'd also change it to prevent evolution while held, that way when using it ingame you don't have to keep pushing B.
    No drastic change to any gameplay mechanic. I like.

Physical
    Leek Slap
    Grass
    90 Acc
    100 BP
    15 pp

The user slaps the target with a stalk of some sort. The target has a 30% chance to flinch.

while seemingly outclassed by Power Whip, this is the Heat Wave for Grass types.

And a high flinch chance, though no serene gracers will have access to it.

it would be farfetch'd's signature move.
    Neat. 95/100/10 and 100/90/10 moves typically have 15 PP anyway, and since it's a signature move, the secondary flinch chance could be 30%.

On topic of Farfetch'd

Change Stick to increase FF'd's Attack and Speed in a manner similar to Thick Club.
    Cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Agonist View Post
    And with an upgraded Stick it would no longer be a gimmick. :/

also, for Shadow Punch, raise its base power to 90, sort of a physical version of Aura Sphere.
    Well, gimmick Pokémon aren't really defined more by the actual Pokémon rather than whether or not they receive any power adjustments.

I never really saw Shadow Punch getting a lot of usage anyway, so I'd say it's alright.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

If Shadow Punch is a punch move then why it have 60 BP? all punch moves have 75 BP I say it should have 75 BP too...
    I think sokme types get little power compared to others like ghost and dark \most of their moves are weak.. fire have lots of 100+ moves..
    Poison should get a 120 BP move without drawbacks the drawback being a bad coverage..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

What about Leek Spin competitions? As for the Stick doubling its Attack and Speed, no. If that were the case, then it would be as strong and fast as Deoxys in its attack forme. Maybe a 1.5 boost? I don't know but the duck (along with many other Flying types) should get some tweaks here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Does the random-move-change effect wear off if the Pokémon switches (common sense says it would, but I don't know)? While I can't deny that the concept seems interesting, I can't see it actually function in the game.
    End of battle, yes. When switched out, no.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

New Item: Present Bag

An item to be held by Delibird, it raises its Attack, Sp Attack, and Speed when held.

I am not sure how high I should set the bar for its boosts.

An item to be held by Delibird, it raises its Attack, Sp Attack, and Speed when held.

Well, let's take a look. Unlike Marowak's Thick Club, this item grants a Speed increase too. With that in mind, once again, a fan made item has made a worthless Pokemon comparable to Deoxys in its Attack forme (and to boot, Delibird has Hustle increasing its power even more). Maybe change that boost but what would be considered a balanced amount?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    If Shadow Punch is a punch move then why it have 60 BP? all punch moves have 75 BP I say it should have 75 BP too...
    I think sokme types get little power compared to others like ghost and dark \most of their moves are weak.. fire have lots of 100+ moves..
    Poison should get a 120 BP move without drawbacks the drawback being a bad coverage..
    Shadow Punch is pretty much another version of Aerial Ace, Shockwave, Swift etc.in that it never misses. Besides, plenty of punch moves don't have 75 BP, like DynamicPunch or Mega Punch(anyone remember that move?).

Speaking of Mega Punch, it's pretty useless. Weaker and less accurate than Return and gets horrid distribution. I think it should be buffed to 120 power with 95% accuracy. It'll be a cool STAB for Kangaskhan and the only real worry about being broken comes from Regigigas. Who sucks.
    Actually besides those two, no-one worth mentioning gets Mega Punch.

EDIT: As for it's spiritual brother Mega Kick, that could have a chage as well. Maybe bump it up to 85% accuracy.
    Everyone from Delibird to Deoxys got that from a 3rd gen Move tutor but of course only Normal types make use of it. Snorlax, Lickilicky, Ursaring, Granbull, Slacking/Vigoroth, Ambipom, Miltank, Zangoose, Exploud and maybe Kangaskhan can really make use of it and will pump a bit more life into the Normal type in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Shadow Punch is pretty much another version of Aerial Ace, Shockwave, Swift etc.in that it never misses. Besides, plenty of punch moves don't have 75 BP, like DynamicPunch or Mega Punch(anyone remember that move?).
    Agreed, on top of that, the banning of evasion increases makes them a bit obsolete but with there being few physical Ghost type move and few special Normal type moves, I wouldn't mind such.

Speaking of Mega Punch, it's pretty useless. Weaker and less accurate than Return and gets horrid distribution. I think it should be buffed to 120 power with 95% accuracy. It'll be a cool STAB for Kangaskhan and the only worry is Regigigas. Who sucks.
    Agreed but Regigigas has proven to be a monster when it gets its act together, boosts from Baton Pass, or its ability rid of in a double or triple battle.

Speaking of Mega Punch, it's pretty useless. Weaker and less accurate than Return and gets horrid distribution. I think it should be buffed to 120 power with 95% accuracy. It'll be a cool STAB for Kangaskhan and the only real worry about being broken comes from Regigigas. Who sucks.

EDIT: As for it's spiritual brother Mega Kick, that could have a chage as well. Maybe bump it up to 85% accuracy.
    Everyone from Delibird to Deoxys got that from a 3rd gen Move tutor but of course only Normal types make use of it. Snorlax, Lickilicky, Ursaring, Granbull, Slacking/Vigoroth, Ambipom, Miltank, Zangoose, Exploud and maybe Kangaskhan can really make use of it and will pump a bit more life into the Normal type in general.
    sadly, Return/Facade generally outclasses Mega Kick when you factor in accuracy. And even worse, the two that could make the most use of it, Miltank and Kangashkan, cannot have Scrappy with it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I believe Gunk Shot has 120 power and has 70 accuracy, just like Focus Blast, and has a 30% chance to poison the target. Why it's physical, I don't know, but that's besides the point.
    While I don't see type being an excuse to allow arbitrary power increases, I do agree that the Ghost- and Dark-types have relatively weak moves when compared to the 120-150's that Fire (Fire Blast, Overheat, V-Create), Grass (Wood Hammer, Frenzy Plant, Petal Dance), Water (Hydro Pump, Water Spout), Electric (Volt Tackle, Thunder), Flying (Brave Bird), and Fighting (Close Combat) have.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    What about Leek Spin competitions? As for the Stick doubling its Attack and Speed, no. If that were the case, then it would be as strong and fast as Deoxys in its attack forme. Maybe a 1.5 boost? I don't know but the duck (along with many other Flying types) should get some tweaks here and there.
    Yeah, I'd say x1.5 is alright.

End of battle, yes. When switched out, no.
    Erm, most effects (besides non-volatile status conditions) wear off upon switch-out, and while there's nothing functionally wrong with the move-replacement effect, it just seems a bit odd when compared to the fact that all other move-related effects wear off upon switch-out. :/

x1.5? x1.3? Definitely not x2, but I could see either x1.3 or x1.5 happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Yeah, I'd say x1.5 is alright.

x1.5? x1.3? Definitely not x2, but I could see either x1.3 or x1.5 happening.
    With this in mind, they're still outclassed by other flying types. Delibird would be fine with 50% boosts due to Hustle but it wouldn't do so well on the special side. Farfetch'd on the other hand, even with the 1.5 boosts would still be outclassed by other Flying types (Staraptor in particular). A 5/3 multiplier?

Again, Farfetch'd could do well in leek spinning competitions...why do I have the image of the duck in my head in costume which combines traits of the 2 well know characters who spin leeks?

I would say doubling the attack and speed would be fine. Remember Jolly Farfetch'd with 2x attack and speed is about as strong as Life Orb Hydreigon, but with 480 Speed (which outruns Adamant Scarfmence). This means Farfretch'd would have the stat equivalent of a Life Orb Pokemon with base 126 Special Attack and 170 Base Speed. Due to Stick increasing the crit ratio of all its moves its hits would have a 25% chance to crit, and 33% chance for Night Slash etc.

The downside would be that Farfetch'd still is incapable of touching Steels (though +2 Brave Bird Crit has a chance of OHKOing Skarm after rocks, so it has pretty intense power). It also has almost non existent defenses, pitiful movepool, bad typing, and relatively useless abilities (though Defiant can be fun).

Doubling its Speed and Attack probably would give it a shot in OU or BL as barring the bulky Steels it can sweep through a good chunk of Pokemon after a Swords Dance.

With this in mind, they're still outclassed by other flying types. Delibird would be fine with 50% boosts due to Hustle but it wouldn't do so well on the special side. Farfetch'd on the other hand, even with the 1.5 boosts would still be outclassed by other Flying types (Staraptor in particular). A 5/3 multiplier?

Again, Farfetch'd could do well in leek spinning competitions...why do I have the image of the duck in my head in costume which combines traits of the 2 well know characters who spin leeks?
    Oh, if it's for actual competitive viability, and not just for a slight increase in usage, I'll agree with what Blue Harvest said: "doubling the attack and speed would be fine." (:

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    I would say doubling the attack and speed would be fine. Remember Jolly Farfetch'd with 2x attack and speed is about as strong as Life Orb Hydreigon, but with 480 Speed (which outruns Adamant Scarfmence). This means Farfretch'd would have the stat equivalent of a Life Orb Pokemon with base 126 Special Attack and 170 Base Speed. Due to Stick increasing the crit ratio of all its moves its hits would have a 25% chance to crit, and 33% chance for Night Slash etc.

The downside would be that Farfetch'd still is incapable of touching Steels (though +2 Brave Bird Crit has a chance of OHKOing Skarm after rocks, so it has pretty intense power). It also has almost non existent defenses, pitiful movepool, bad typing, and relatively useless abilities (though Defiant can be fun).

Doubling its Speed and Attack probably would give it a shot in OU or BL as barring the bulky Steels it can sweep through a good chunk of Pokemon after a Swords Dance.
    Really? Makes some sense. Guess just the fact that those numbers being that high scared me a little. Oh well, we'd have to have some fake matches to truly see if it were balanced or not.

beartic shoulda been ice/fighting. so much potential, wasted with a pure ice type.

New Ability:

Return of the Dead
    If this pokemon is not fainted by a fire type move or a critical hit, there is a 40% chance that this pokemon will be left with one hp.

pokemon receiving above ability:

Ghost/Ground (or GhostFighting)
    Name: (name pending unavailible at the time. i'm so uncreative. but its a zombie. pretty obvious by the typing.)
    Base Stats:
    Hp: 101
    Attack: 108
    Defense: 80
    Special Attack: 40
    Special Defense: 60
    Speed: 31

I would create a Flying/Fighting too like this:
    HP-90
    Attack-110
    Defense-75
    Sp Att-90
    Sp de-80
    Speed-110

Page 20 of 88 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223243070 ... LastLast