Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Evasion is too cheap. It literally creates more and more uncompetitiveness. The only reason Sand Veil is still around was because for some pokemon, it was their only ability, and a ban on it was stupid, but now with DW, we can safely ban Sand Veil. We don't ban Snow Cloak because hail is stupid.
    Cheap? Though I agree with it as it is now, I'd have to disagree if those numbers were lowered (by a lot). As for Hail being stupid, Blizzard says hi.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I'm honestly a bit iffy on this one. Flash Fire merely raises the power of Fire-type moves upon being hit by one, and that's extremely playable. Motor Drive, Storm Drain, Sap Sipper, and Lightningrod all raise one stat upon being hit by a certain type of move.

For an ability to trigger and increase each stat, I don't know. :/
    I guess you could at least make it work in a way that would be helpful for pokemon other than Terrakion, Cobalion, and occasionally Virizion. Especially in such a Fighting-oriented metagame, it would be helpful if it could boost an extra stat, say Special Attack as well.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

New justified: raises the power of fighting type moves by 50% when hit by a dark type move, also immune to dark type moves that would benefit keldeo and special lucario more..
    Or: raises also sp.attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    New justified: raises the power of fighting type moves by 50% when hit by a dark type move, also immune to dark type moves that would benefit keldeo and special lucario more..
    This would make keldeo hit harder, I agree with the second choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanik View Post
    Justified (revised): Raises all stats by one stage when hit by a dark-type move.

Keldeo and Lucario would really like this change to happen.
    insta-banned. evasion is a stat as well. plus, its too broken to even be competitive.

neither really need this anyway. youre just making the rich richer.

say it like it is, darklord.

new ability:

Blink Out
    this pokemon receives a 5% evasion boost. if this pokemon is missed by an attack, the attacker takes half the damage they would have dealt.

new move:

Moonrise
    Type: Dark Power: - Acc: - PP: 5
    creates nighttime weather condition (-1 acc to all non dark or ghost types; 30% boost to dark type attacks.)

other new ability:

Eclipse
    the pokemon creates permanent nighttime when entering the battle.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I don't think evasiveness should be banned. DT and minimize are okay bans but sand veil? Seriously? We also might as well ban confusion and any move that causes hax!

And now I will be responded with a bunch of flames.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!
        Spoiler:- B2W2:

Help the eggs!

Serebii War Fiction Story

i agree. sand veil shouldn't be banned. why don't you just ban jrachi, then?

EDIT: although we need to get back on topic.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i agree. sand veil shouldn't be banned. why don't you just ban jrachi, then?

EDIT: although we need to get back on topic.
    Technically, this is on topic lol.

Yeah, if you're gonna do all that, ban Togekiss and Jirachi then yeesh.
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...8#post15775448 I'm back guys. Kind of. I won't be really active and sorry for any inconvenience I've caused!

Help the eggs!

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    I guess you could at least make it work in a way that would be helpful for pokemon other than Terrakion, Cobalion, and occasionally Virizion. Especially in such a Fighting-oriented metagame, it would be helpful if it could boost an extra stat, say Special Attack as well.
    Eh, in my opinion, increasing the power of Fighting-types even more would make the metagame even more Fighting-oriented, which is bad for the metagame as a whole. The metagame shouldn't be dominated primarily by just one type.

say it like it is, darklord.

new ability:

Blink Out
    this pokemon receives a 5% evasion boost. if this pokemon is missed by an attack, the attacker takes half the damage they would have dealt.

new move:

Moonrise
    Type: Dark Power: - Acc: - PP: 5
    creates nighttime weather condition (-1 acc to all non dark or ghost types; 30% boost to dark type attacks.)

other new ability:

Eclipse
    the pokemon creates permanent nighttime when entering the battle.
    Blink Out - Something just doesn't really seem right. I don't particularly know what, though. Ah, I got it. The foe's Garchomp uses Stone Edge on the Pokémon with Blink Out and misses.
    Moonrise and Eclipse - Two mechanics that I've seen pretty frequently. The accuracy drop is arguably bannable, yet I also see this as a chance for Dark-types and Ghost-types to "redeem" themselves in the metagame, so to speak.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidori__O View Post
    I don't think evasiveness should be banned. DT and minimize are okay bans but sand veil? Seriously? We also might as well ban confusion and any move that causes hax!

And now I will be responded with a bunch of flames.
    In of themselves, evasion increases are completely independent of the foe trying to hamper your strategy. Using Double Team or Minimize requires no interaction whatsoever from your opponent. Consequently, your opponent has no control as to whether or not a move will hit the foe.
    Confusion and 30% secondary effect moves in general are used to attempt to ruin your strategy. By running Confuse Ray, Hurricane, or Water Pulse; Will-o-Wisp or Scald; or Air Slash, Iron Head, and Body Slam; the opponent takes a risk both in running a move that has a chance of either missing (Toxic, Will-o-Wisp) or not causing that status effect (every other move listed), and in seeing whether or not that status effect actually ruins your strategy.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted confusion and 60% flinch rates to be banned, too, but the difference in interactive nature between evasion and other secondary effect chances are to blame.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

virizion shoulda got aura sphere. or secret sword. but i know the latter is keldeo's exclusive move. ho-hum.

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    insta-banned. evasion is a stat as well. plus, its too broken to even be competitive.

neither really need this anyway. youre just making the rich richer.
    No, I don't want Justified to raise evasion. My revised ability is supposed to be like ancient power. Then again, a Beat Up to a Pokemon with MY Justified would spell doom for even Uber Teams.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant that if you're going to ban Sand Veil you might as well ban it. I know that evasiveness is hax and everything but you have to have the weather up. And before anyone says that Sand Stream will set up the weather don't forget that afterwords, you'll have to switch.

Help the eggs!

New Flash Fire: The user now recovers HP as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    New Flash Fire: The user now recovers HP as well!
    But then it's a strictly better Volt and Water Absorb, but for Fire-type moves. :/

But then it's a strictly better Volt and Water Absorb, but for Fire-type moves. :/
    Ok scratch that off xd

Focus Blast with 85% accuracy would be awesome.

This time, instead of posting the description of an ability, I'll post its name and a scenario, and you guys have to guess what it does. Although this one's pretty easy.

New Ability: Pureminded

A Medicham with Pureminded has the moves Calm Mind, Psychic, Shadow Punch, and Judgment. Its foe is a Gardevoir that knows Imprison, Taunt, Psychic, and Disable.

Gardevoir uses Imprison targeting Medicham, and then Medicham uses Psychic targeting Gardevoir.
    Gardevoir then uses Taunt targeting Medicham, and then Medicham uses Calm Mind on itself.
    Then the Gardevoir uses Disable on Medicham, and then Medicham uses Calm Mind again.

After these three turns, Gardevoir is at 94% health and Medicham has +2 SpA and +2 SpD.

This time, instead of posting the description of an ability, I'll post its name and a scenario, and you guys have to guess what it does. Although this one's pretty easy.

New Ability: Pureminded

A Medicham with Pureminded has the moves Calm Mind, Psychic, Shadow Punch, and Judgment. Its foe is a Gardevoir that knows Imprison, Taunt, Psychic, and Disable.

Gardevoir uses Imprison targeting Medicham, and then Medicham uses Psychic targeting Gardevoir.
    Gardevoir then uses Taunt targeting Medicham, and then Medicham uses Calm Mind on itself.
    Then the Gardevoir uses Disable on Medicham, and then Medicham uses Calm Mind again.

After these three turns, Gardevoir is at 94% health and Medicham has +2 SpA and +2 SpD.
    Medicham can't learn judgement it is like a permanent mental herb..

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

yeah. perma mental herb. i also think focus miss should get 85 acc, but then we really couldn't call it focus miss, now could we? and it would become very broken givin how good fighting type stab is in most tiers bar ubers.

Medicham can't learn judgement it is like a permanent mental herb..
    yeah. perma mental herb. i also think focus miss should get 85 acc, but then we really couldn't call it focus miss, now could we? and it would become very broken givin how good fighting type stab is in most tiers bar ubers.
    You guys say it's a permanent Mental Herb, while I say it's a bypass for Disable, Imprison, Taunt, Torment, and Encore. Heh.
    In that sense, it's not strictly better than Oblivious, since Pureminded doesn't prevent infatuation.

How good would Pureminded be, though?

depends who gets it. on stallers it would be broken, and on offensive non-choicers, it would be underpowered.

Item: Secret Potential
    this pokemon's hidden power receives a 30% power boost.

depends who gets it. on stallers it would be broken, and on offensive non-choicers, it would be underpowered.
    Not disagreeing with you, but could you elaborate on how it would be broken on stallers? It's not the same as the difference between +1 Attack and +6 Attack, but instead it's more of a preventative measure, making your opponent think twice before using moves like Taunt and Encore (especially Taunt).

Not disagreeing with you, but could you elaborate on how it would be broken on stallers? It's not the same as the difference between +1 Attack and +6 Attack, but instead it's more of a preventative measure, making your opponent think twice before using moves like Taunt and Encore (especially Taunt).
    Why think twice? it is not like people think twice when using toxic if you need to taunt something and you don't see espeon then... BTW espeon have a similar one so it exists to an extend.

say you're trying to fight a blissey with your staller or a weaker attacker. if you can't taunt blissey, then she can proceed to heal bell off status, recover any damage, and wear you down with toxic or seismicc toss. if you can taunt it, you have a fair chance as bliss can't recover hp. and, if you tried to taunt or encore them, it give them a free turn to set up hazards, attack you, etc, etc. also, it gives an immunity to taunt which was never intended.

Why think twice? it is not like people think twice when using toxic if you need to taunt something and you don't see espeon then... BTW espeon have a similar one so it exists to an extend.
    Yeah, I'm aware of Magic Bounce. But Magic Bounce doesn't make your foe hesitate before using Toxic, Taunt, or anything else like that. It literally makes you not use them at all, since anything you throw at it will be bounced back.

And people typically don't think twice about using Toxic since Toxic is typically on stall Pokémon with two or three non-offensive moves anyway.

say you're trying to fight a blissey with your staller or a weaker attacker. if you can't taunt blissey, then she can proceed to heal bell off status, recover any damage, and wear you down with toxic or seismicc toss. if you can taunt it, you have a fair chance as bliss can't recover hp. and, if you tried to taunt or encore them, it give them a free turn to set up hazards, attack you, etc, etc. also, it gives an immunity to taunt which was never intended.
    Erm... all I can say to that is don't use a staller to fight a Blissey. I see your point, but a corner case doesn't really scream broken, does it?

Page 22 of 88 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast