Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

I always wanted Shell Smash Blastoise, Water Spout after a boost in the rain 0-0

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Yeah I typed it out while tired and didn't think it through.

Here's what it should be.

3 layers of Cinders
    a. if the pokemon sent in's type is not fire weak then it takes the lesser of the 2 damage amounts.
    b. however as long as just 1 of a dual type's types is weak to fire it takes the more severe damage (so yes Ludicolo would indeed take heavier damage because it's part Grass)
    c. Totally forgot to say Fire types are immune, as well as flyers and levitate users.
    d. I figure the Auto Burn is pretty nasty considering it shuts down all non-Guts Physical attackers, so requiring 3 layers seems right to be able to cripple a team.
    e. The Cinders prevent more Stealth Rocks from being set, adding Stealth Rocks would just add a layer to Cinders, so if you have 2 layers of Cinders then use SR it would become the 3rd layer of Cinders. Any more attempts would fail.
    f. Removable via Surf, Dig, Defog, and Rain Dance.
    g. the damage outputs are best seen in example.
    Each of the letters correspond to the part that I'm responding to.

b. Yeah, I don't get that. Like pretty much everything else in the game, it'd make more sense if it measured the Fire-resistance of the Pokémon rather than the Fire-weakness of each of the Pokémon's types. But by no means would this change equate to a badly-designed move, I actually really like it.
    c. Alright. Makes sense.
    d. Yeah, I agree that auto-burn is pretty nasty already, but I'm comparing the effect of three layers with the effect of two layers. It just doesn't seem like three layers is an "upgrade" to two layers when you consider the fact that two layers gets rid of max HP while three layers doesn't. I mean, if one of the defining features of the move is to decay maximum HP, then shouldn't it do that for all three layers?
    f. Surf and Defog I agree with. I don't get how they'd be removed with Dig, and being able to remove them with Rain Dance would make rain even more powerful than it already is. Ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    How about a whole new set of items called armour. One for each type, like the Arceus plates and the Gems. Armour basically acts as a 3rd type except damage increase/decrease is lower. A x2 weakness would become x1.333 or x3 and x4 would be x2.666 or x6 etc.

For example, if you a had a Chimchar with the Fighting Armour, it would no longer be weak to Rock moves. A Scizor with Steel Armour would be x6 weak to Fire, but would x0.333 resist Normal, Bug, Psychic etc. and take less damage Stealth Rock too.

Armour doesn't provide STAB, so it's purely defensive. I haven't actually figured out what all the damage calculations will be changed to, or whether the item will act like the regular application of types and change x2 to x4 etc. to simplify things.
    Yeah, that'd add another resistance in the damage formula, which seems pretty complicated. Also, when I think of Steel Armor, I don't think of an armor that "grants" a Steel-type to the holding Pokémon; rather, I think of an armor that reduces the damage of Steel-type moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Well the type chart itself is complicated, so there's not much I can do there. I think the Armours should just have the exact same damage increase/decrease as actual types to make thinks simple. Of course this gives potential for x8 weakness and a x0.125 resistance to a type.
    That'd decrease the complexity of the concept a bit, and if they had to be implemented in either the form you explained earlier or in this form, I'd go with this form (armors able to nab x8 weaknesses).

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Cut View Post
    Like others have said, this is rather complicated. However, I don't think this is the main issue. I think the main issue is that it's OP.

I think you should make it a one-use item. So, when the armour worn makes an attack less effective it gets activated and then discarded (so, if Chimchar + Fight Armour gets hit by Rock Attack, it would be discarded, but not if hit by a Normal Attack). When activated, the armour causes the attack to do 1.5x (or possibly 2x) less damage.

So basically, it works exactly like a defensive gem. (Unless you boost it to reduce power by 2x)
    You know, this makes me think of something:

New Set of Items: ______ Bit
    "A strand of (description). It negates the effects of a ______-type move just once."
    - Comes in every type, including Normal. Normal Bit, Fire Bit, Water Bit, etc.

It would negate the damage and all effects of a ____-type move entirely upon use. So if your Abra is holding a Ghost Bit, and the foe's Gengar uses Shadow Ball, the damage would be negated, and the chance of lowering the Abra's Sp. Def is 0%. It would show up as "It doesn't affect Abra..."

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

great. one time immunity items. now some pokes will be impossible to take dowm, mainly recycle pokemon.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    great. one time immunity items. now some pokes will be impossible to take dowm, mainly recycle pokemon.
    Well, you could always just use a move of another type to kill the Pokémon.

doesn't make it any better. since any one pokemon can be immune to any one type, it really has an impact on the metagame, as some pokes may carry bits to become immune to regular damage attacks, not just se.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

doesn't make it any better. since any one pokemon can be immune to any one type, it really has an impact on the metagame, as some pokes may carry bits to become immune to regular damage attacks, not just se.
    I'm not sure whether the low distribution of Recycle is enough to warrant these Bits as broken and extremely metagame-changing. Regardless, it's not like you can't use moves of other types to defeat the foe, right? I mean, if Scizor is holding a Fire Bit, you could use Water-type moves or something to defeat it.

Clefairy is holding a Fighting Bit, and it's up against a Reuniclus. Clefairy is faster, so it goes first every turn.
    Clefairy uses some move, then Reuniclus uses Focus Blast. The Fighting Bit negates all damage.
    Next turn, Clefairy uses Recycle, restoring the Fighting Bit, then Reuniclus uses Focus Blast again, not knowing whether or not the Clefairy has Recycle.
    It's pretty unlikely that the Reuniclus's owner will use Focus Blast on the Clefairy a third time if they know that the Clefairy has Recycle. Either the Reuniclus will switch out (in the case of a Choice item, or just having only one offensive move), or just use another move.

I got an interesting ability to think of:

Ability: Motivate
    Description: Boosts ones special against super effective types. It drops when not though.
    Deeper detail: Activates every time a pokemon enters the field. The user's SP attack if the enemy's type is weaker to yours (eg. Ice > dragon). However, when the enemy is type wise stronger than you, it decreass (eg. Fying < Rock)
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

interesting, although i see no reason you'd ever switch into someone who beats your type, so its like a fixed download.

Change to Existing Mechanic: Abilities that trigger upon switching out only trigger after all normal switches have been made for that turn.

Right now, if both players switch out to something with Intimidiate, the one that switches in first will have its ability trigger first against a Pokémon that's about to be switched out, making the trigger useless. With the change, both Intimidates would only trigger after both Pokémon have switched out for the turn.

horrible. back to 3rd gen.

horrible. back to 3rd gen.
    From what I understand, switching out also obeys within-priority Speed rules, but since trainers give commands at the same time (in between turns), why can't they switch out at the same time to another Pokémon? It shouldn't be controlled by how fast the Pokémon that's being switched out is. (If anything, it should be measured by how functional the Poké Ball that's being used is.)

new pokemon:

(name pending. its a headstone.)
    Rock/Ghost
    Abilities: Sturdy, Sand Force, (pending dw ability.)
    Base Stats:
    Hp: 89
    Atk: 97
    Def: 133
    Sp.Atk 61
    Sp.Def: 90
    Spe: 10

EDIT: new move:

Reforge
    Type: Steel Power: - Acc: - PP: 10
    the user heals 1/2 of its maximum health.
    distrubution: mainly steel types. Duh.

Not bad, what kind of strategies can it do with its defenses?

what, the pokemon?

due to its ghost typing, it gets will-o-wisp, becoming a near unbreakable physical wall, and because of its rock typing, it has passable special defense in a sand storm.

Yeah the Pokemon, Will-o-wisp works nice and alongside with Recover, it could be a good wall, especially to troll Staraptor

New Move: Ghostfire
    Type: Ghost / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The foe is attacked by ghostly flames that inflict double damage on a foe that is burned."

It'd be perfect for that headstone Pokémon!

With the Ghost that's been going on....

Haunt
    If the user of this move faints after using this, the target Pokémon will have 2 PP depleted from a random move every turn.

Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    With the Ghost that's been going on....

Haunt
    If the user of this move faints after using this, the target Pokémon will have 2 PP depleted from a random move every turn.
    Is the trigger condition like that of Destiny Bond and Grudge, in that they have to be used in the same turn cycle?

interesting, although i see no reason you'd ever switch into someone who beats your type, so its like a fixed download.
    Scarfers.. Why wouldn't I switch a celebi to gyaridos because it have a flying type? but it almost never use it..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Gyarados has Bounce, but it is completely unreliable.

New Move:
    (I don't know, thinking about it)
    Type: Water
    Power: 120, Acc: 85 PP: 10
    Distribution: Physical water types.
    Deals damage, has a 20% chance to lower Defense. Essentially, it's a strong, Physical Water move for the likes of Gyarados, Azumarill, Kabutops, Crawdaunt, etc. It's a more powerful Waterfall.
    FC: 0232-9161-0856
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

you physicalized hydro pump, and added a secondaruy effect. smoove. notice my invention of a new word.

more for the ghost type, movepool might look like this.

lvl 1: astonish
    lvl 1: leer
    lvl 7: rock throw
    lvl 10: harden
    lvl 18: rock tomb
    lvl 24: night shade
    lvl 27: hex
    lvl 33: rock slide
    lvl 42: will-o-wisp
    lvl 48: shadow ball
    lvl 50: reflect
    lvl 50: light screen
    lvl 60: destiny bond
    lvl 72: stone edge
    lvl 84: explosion

tutor moves include

pain split

recover might be too much of a good thing though, as it is i ghost type and they primarily use pain split for recovery. plus, its special attack is quite low. i could change that though.

Exactly, a physical Hydro Pump so Physical Water types wouldn't have to rely on Waterfall with 80 BP. Maybe since it has more Acc. than Hydro Pump and a secondary effect, I could drop the BP to 100.
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

hydro pump has 85 acc, bro.

Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

New Avalanche: same power, PP, and effect like Rock Slide. Just something that popped out of my head!

Page 24 of 88 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast