Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Rising Spiral
    Flying
    Physical
    95BP
    100Acc
    The user rises up into the opponent with overwhelming force, high critical hit ratio.

A good Flying STAB to use with things like Gyrados, or other Serpent or Digging pokemon.

little op, don't you think?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas121419 View Post
    Gyarados has Bounce, but it is completely unreliable.

New Move:
    (I don't know, thinking about it)
    Type: Water
    Power: 120, Acc: 85 PP: 10
    Distribution: Physical water types.
    Deals damage, has a 20% chance to lower Defense. Essentially, it's a strong, Physical Water move for the likes of Gyarados, Azumarill, Kabutops, Crawdaunt, etc. It's a more powerful Waterfall.
    Yeah, the PP could be 5, or the power could be reduced, as you said in a later post.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    you physicalized hydro pump, and added a secondaruy effect. smoove. notice my invention of a new word.

more for the ghost type, movepool might look like this.

lvl 1: astonish
    lvl 1: leer
    lvl 7: rock throw
    lvl 10: harden
    lvl 18: rock tomb
    lvl 24: night shade
    lvl 27: hex
    lvl 33: rock slide
    lvl 42: will-o-wisp
    lvl 48: shadow ball
    lvl 50: reflect
    lvl 50: light screen
    lvl 60: destiny bond
    lvl 72: stone edge
    lvl 84: explosion

tutor moves include

pain split

recover might be too much of a good thing though, as it is i ghost type and they primarily use pain split for recovery. plus, its special attack is quite low. i could change that though.
    Aside from the fact that most Pokémon don't learn moves at that high of a level, its level-up moveset seems pretty solid (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    New Avalanche: same power, PP, and effect like Rock Slide. Just something that popped out of my head!
    Eh, that'd defeat the point of having Avalanche in the first place. Alright, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Rising Spiral
    Flying
    Physical
    95BP
    100Acc
    The user rises up into the opponent with overwhelming force, high critical hit ratio.

A good Flying STAB to use with things like Gyrados, or other Serpent or Digging pokemon.
    What is its PP? It should probably be 5 to make it like Stone Edge.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

New Ability: Sand take- The user restores 1/16 health in the Sandstorm.

New Ability: Sand take- The user restores 1/16 health in the Sandstorm.
    As a counterpart to Rain Dish, I can't really say much about it. :/

New Ability: Join Forces
    "Boosts Attack and Sp. Atk when fighting with an ally."
    - Attack and Sp. Atk are multiplied by 1.1 per ally that's fighting alongside the Pokémon with Join Forces.

New Ability: Solidarity
    "Boosts Defense and Sp. Def when fighting with an ally."
    - Defense and Sp. Def are multiplied by 1.1 per ally that's fighting alongside the Pokémon with Solidarity.

New Ability: Support Zone
    "Increases the stats of each of the Pokémon's partners."
    - Each stat of each partner Pokémon is multiplied by 1.1.

So if you have a Pikachu with Join Forces, a Sigilyph with Solidarity, and a Gardevoir with Support Zone all with 100 in every stat, fighting in a Triple Battle at the same time, your Pokémon's stats would be as follows:

Pikachu
    Attack and Sp. Atk: 100 x 1.1 (Sigilyph) x 1.1 (Gardevoir) x 1.1 (SZ) = 133
    Defense and Sp. Def: 100 x 1.1 = 110
    Speed: 100 x 1.1 = 110

Sigilyph
    Attack and Sp. Atk: 100 x 1.1 = 110
    Defense and Sp. Def: 100 x 1.1 (Pikachu) x 1.1 (Gardevoir) x 1.1 (SZ) = 133
    Speed: 100 x 1.1 = 110

Gardevoir
    Stats unchanged

These do not work in Rotation Battles, since the other Pokémon that are out but not active are treated as though they don't exist, so as far as these abilities go, the active Pokémon has no partners.

Obviously, these are useless in Single Battles, but maybe these abilities would convince some people to play Doubles and Triples. These abilities would generally be given to Pokémon that don't really have abilities that are viable in Doubles and Triples.

An idea for a new Species

Stamit

Name inspiration: Staff and hermit (this is also from a Philippine myth where an hermit lives on top of a hill that lives in solitude. When disturbed, it will haunt you for life)

Type: Grass ; Ghost

Ability: Last Bastion: Ups all stats minus evasiveness when it's the last pokemon

Stats:
    HP: 95
    Atk: 25
    Defense 125
    SP. Atk.: 125
    SP. Def: 125
    Spd: 15

Key moves:
    Destiny Bond
    Grudge
    Leaf Storm
    Ominous Wind

Other Moves: Level up obtained
    Glare
    Fake out
    Astonish
    Air Slash
    Hidden Power
    Ancient Power
    Giga Drain
    Moonlight
    Gravity
    Wonder Room

Moves By TM:
    Shadow Ball
    Energy Ball
    Calm mind
    Trick room

Tutor Moves:
    Earth Power
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

Would it just be +1 on the stat boosts cuz it was worded like +6 which would be broken IMO

Would it just be +1 on the stat boosts cuz it was worded like +6 which would be broken IMO
    If that question was intended for me, then Support Zone, Solidarity, and Join Forces all multiply the stat by 1.1, and are not considered to be raised any stages.

If that question was intended for jireh the provider, I'm assuming it's a stat increase anywhere between +1 and +3. I'd imagine that anything beyond +3 would be borderline broken.
    I say that because it could activate if you only have the Stamit left (1/6 Pokémon left), but your opponent has 2/6 Pokémon left.

New moves: Exclusive to Certain families and species

I.
    Move: Tear Dew (refer to the Phione Dew in PMD EoS)
    Description:Sacrifices half of its HP to revive an ally
    Power: --
    Accuracy: --
    Category: Status
    Effects: User loses one half HP to revive a fainted ally with one fourth HP during battle. (Just like how Softboiled works outside of battle)
    Species: Phione only

II
    Move: Geo Crate
    Description: Tectonic Plates shake wild, reducing the user's Sp. attack harshly
    Type: Ground
    Power: 140
    Accuracy: 90
    Category: Special
    Effects:Attacks both allies and enemies by creating intense tectonic force which cuts SP attack every time it is used.
    Species: Groudon only

The following Are Legend of Zelda and Pokemon related Specials.
    III
    Move: Body Strain
    Description: Attacks pokemon's sensitive spots and disables Physical attacks.
    Type: Psychic
    Power: 50
    Accuracy: 100
    Category: Physical
    Effects: 50% chance of disabling the enemy physical attacks for 4 turns and inflicts damage.
    Species: Azelf only (bearer of the triforce of power). Refer to his Pokedex Data that hurting azelf will make the attackers immobile after 7 days

IV
    Move: Denial
    Description: Makes the enemy disagree and secondary effects ineffective
    Effects: Makes enemy attacks' secondary effects ineffective for 5 turns
    Species: Mesprit only (bearer of the triforce of courage). Refer to pokedex that whoever touches mesprit will lose their emotions after 3 days.

V.
    Move: Memory Gap
    Description: Looking to its eyes disables all special attacks for 4 turns
    Effects: If it hits the enemy, all of the opponent's special attacks are disabled for 4 turns.
    Species: Uxie only (bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom). Refer to pokedex that whoever looks to Uxie's Eyes will lose their memory.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    New moves: Exclusive to Certain families and species

I.
    Move: Tear Dew (refer to the Phione Dew in PMD EoS)
    Description:Sacrifices half of its HP to revive an ally
    Effects: User loses one half HP to revive a fainted ally with one fourth HP during battle. (Just like how Softboiled works outside of battle)
    Species: Phione only
    Something tells me that Phione should faint when using this move. Lunar Dance and Healing Wish cause the user to faint and restore a still-alive Pokémon to full health. This one is strictly better, number-wise, as it literally gives you a Pokémon back for use. At least, if Phione faints, the number of Pokémon you have would stay the same.

II
    Move: Geo Crate
    Description: Tectonic Plates shake wild, reducing the user's Sp. attack harshly
    Type: Ground
    Power: 140
    Category: Special
    Effects:Attacks both allies and enemies by creating intense tectonic force which cuts SP attack every time it is used.
    Species: Groudon only
    Neat. Being special kind of makes it not as viable, but that's alright.

The following Are Legend of Zelda and Pokemon related Specials.
    III
    Move: Body Strain
    Description: Attacks pokemon's sensitive spots and disables Physical attacks.
    Power: 50
    Category: Physical
    Effects: 50% chance of disabling the enemy physical attacks for 4 turns and inflicts damage.
    Species: Azelf only (bearer of the triforce of power). Refer to his Pokedex Data that hurting azelf will make the attackers immobile after 7 days
    Ouch, that's a really strong move. It'd really make the metagame slowly shift more and more toward special attacks.

IV
    Move: Denial
    Description: Makes the enemy disagree and secondary effects ineffective
    Effects: Makes enemy attacks' secondary effects ineffective for 5 turns
    Species: Mesprit only (bearer of the triforce of courage). Refer to pokedex that whoever touches mesprit will lose their emotions after 3 days.
    A five-turn Shield Dust on a move. Seems nice.

V.
    Move: Memory Gap
    Description: Looking to its eyes disables all special attacks for 4 turns
    Effects: If it hits the enemy, all of the opponent's special attacks are disabled for 4 turns.
    Species: Uxie only (bearer of the Triforce of Wisdom). Refer to pokedex that whoever looks to Uxie's Eyes will lose their memory.
    Of course, right when I say the metagame would shift toward special attacks more, you come up with this. :P

Memory Gap and Body Strain are extremely powerful. They aren't inherently broken by themselves, but they'd pretty much counter most sweepers. The presence of these two moves would probably make players think more about using mixed attackers.

Two skills that will revolutionize Ampharos: Tail Glow and Baton Pass
    Why? Ampharos ought to have gotten tail glow, for goodness sake, it has more reason to get it than Manaphy. Tail!
    Baton Pass with Tail Glow, Agility, Cotton Guard will turn Hydregion into a cruel sweeper!

New Ability
    Unfazed: Has a 60% chance to guard against priority moves.
    Untuned: All sound-based moves will have a 30% chance to confuse.
    Magic Drench: Lowers sp.atk by one stage every time the Pokemon switches in.
    Awareness: When HP is below 50%, attack and speed will increase by 1.5 times.

New Attack
    Enrage
    PP: 15/Damage: --/Category: Status
    Only usable on the first turn. The user charges up and gets ready to attack. Damage will increase by 33% but resricts the use of non-attack moves.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

An ability to lower sp att like Intimidate that lowers attack would be cool, give it to a sp wall and it does wonders

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Two skills that will revolutionize Ampharos: Tail Glow and Baton Pass
    Why? Ampharos ought to have gotten tail glow, for goodness sake, it has more reason to get it than Manaphy. Tail!
    Baton Pass with Tail Glow, Agility, Cotton Guard will turn Hydregion into a cruel sweeper!
    I never got why it didn't have Tail Glow. It seems like the perfect fit!
    I could see why it wouldn't have Baton Pass, but it'd surely be a star in a lot of teams if it had it.

New Ability
    Unfazed: Has a 60% chance to guard against priority moves.
    Untuned: All sound-based moves will have a 30% chance to confuse.
    Magic Drench: Lowers sp.atk by one stage every time the Pokemon switches in.
    Awareness: When HP is below 50%, attack and speed will increase by 1.5 times.

New Attack
    Enrage
    PP: 15/Damage: --/Category: Status
    Only usable on the first turn. The user charges up and gets ready to attack. Damage will increase by 33% but resricts the use of non-attack moves.
    Unfazed - A neat ability that would make opponents think twice before using things like Bullet Punch. If enough Pokémon get this, then it'd eliminate the more priority-centralized part of the metagame, especially Pranksters.
    Untuned - Even ones that don't do damage, like Metal Sound? And how about Supersonic?
    Magic Drench - Intimidate counterpart, nothing I can really say.
    Awareness - 80% strictly better Torrent, Overgrow, Blaze, and Swarm. While it doesn't affect special moves, the higher HP threshold, along with an additional Speed increase, surely makes up for it. It doesn't seem too powerful on its own, but this ability would make the metagame much more offensive than it already is.
    Enrage - I can see why the Fake Out usage condition is there. It'd be pretty good for sweepers, but it seems worse than almost every other Attack or Sp. Atk boosting move out there, since it only increases damage by 33% and not effectively 50%.

I'm going radical about this move. Refer this to the ninjas.

Move: Dislocate
    Type: Dark
    PP: 15
    Power: 75
    Description: Hits the enemy's joints making it flinch or paralyzed
    Effect: Simply, if a ninja uses this, he hits a fighting type's joints, like the elbows, knees, shoulders, neck. It can paralyze the samurai's sword wielding skills or being unable to attack. Or even kill them
    learnable Pokemon: Ninjask, Accelgor, and some dark types. I mean, this is a dirty trick by ninjas, right?

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    I'm going radical about this move. Refer this to the ninjas.

Move: Dislocate
    Type: Dark
    PP: 15
    Power: 75
    Description: Hits the enemy's joints making it flinch or paralyzed
    Effect: Simply, if a ninja uses this, he hits a fighting type's joints, like the elbows, knees, shoulders, neck. It can paralyze the samurai's sword wielding skills or being unable to attack. Or even kill them
    learnable Pokemon: Ninjask, Accelgor, and some dark types. I mean, this is a dirty trick by ninjas, right?
    It seems like a Dark-type Thunder Fang. The move seems good. I'm a bit iffy on the name, but I know that's not a high priority for some people.

Unplugged
    Steel
    STATUS
    --Acc
    --BP

Flava Text:The user shorts out all electricity in the area.

AKA-After using this move no electric attacks may be used for 5 turns.

Electro Fence
    Electric
    STATUS
    --Acc
    --BP

The user surrounds it's party with a weak electric charge. Prevents Entry Hazards for 5 turns and deals 1/16 HP OR 20% (50% chance of either happening, so a 50% chance you will have a 20% PAR chance, or 50% you will just knock off some HP) chance to Paralyze attacks that make contact.

Unplugged
    Steel
    STATUS
    --Acc
    --BP

Flava Text:The user shorts out all electricity in the area.

AKA-After using this move no electric attacks may be used for 5 turns.
    It would certainly make opponents use Pokémon that use multiple types of moves and discourage stalling, but I'm not sure if this is too powerful.

Electro Fence
    Electric
    STATUS
    --Acc
    --BP

The user surrounds it's party with a weak electric charge. Prevents Entry Hazards for 5 turns and deals 1/16 HP OR 20% (50% chance of either happening, so a 50% chance you will have a 20% PAR chance, or 50% you will just knock off some HP) chance to Paralyze attacks that make contact.
    I'd personally just make it a 30% paralysis rate, like Static. Makes it easy to remember. Also, the entry hazard prevention seems nifty.

New Move: Electrocute
    Type: Electric / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 20 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: +4
    "The user charges with electricity, paralyzing itself. However, Pokémon that come in contact will be extremely paralyzed."
    - The user inflicts the paralysis status on itself (permanently). Those that come into contact with the user on the turn the user uses Electrocute will be extremely paralyzed.

New Mechanic: Extreme paralysis
    Similar to badly poisoned, the status graphic would be a light yellow PAR on a regular yellow background. The Speed penalty is the same, but there is a 37.5% chance that the Pokémon will be fully paralyzed on any one turn instead. Also, for every turn that the Pokémon is fully paralyzed, it will suffer 1/8 (1/4 if weak, 1/2 if quad-weak, 1/16 if resistant, 1/32 if quad-resistant) HP damage. (Yup, 1/2 HP gone from Gyarados.)

You may think that extreme paralysis may be too overpowered, but keep in mind that the only way to inflict it is through Electrocute.

Hm...I think I'll create!

Flare Boost
    Sharply boost attack, speed, and defense are all boosted when this move is used, while recovering 50% of the user's HP on the next round, in the same manner as wish.
    PP: 1, unaffected by PP UP.

Flare Blast
    Physical, does special or physical damage to the enemy depending on if there defense or special defense is weaker.
    Power: 120
    PP: 10

....Both of which for Flareon and Flareon only. Flare Blitz? Pfft, who needs that?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

Flare Boost
    Sharply boost attack, speed, and defense are all boosted when this move is used, while recovering 50% of the user's HP on the next round, in the same manner as wish.

Flare Blast
    Physical, does special or physical damage to the enemy depending on if there defense or special defense is weaker.

....Both of which for Flareon and Flareon only. Flare Blitz? Pfft, who needs that?
    I haven't seen you in forever

Anyway yeah even with Flare Blitz, your better off using a Darmanitan
    but these two moves look great to set it apart from its other fiery companions.

Maybe something like a 50% boost that lasts five turns for Enrage?

This came off to me during my science class xD

A counter-opposite Defeatist in a sense- Respiration (lame name xD)

Respiration
    When Pokemons HP drop below 50%, attack and speed x1.5 times but defense will be decreased by 20%. After 5 turns, the effect wears off but the defense drop does not.

Spoiler:- Science Stuff:

Haha lol. Where I got my inspiration from.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Mega Crater
    Ground
    Physical
    150 BP
    85Acc
    5PP
    The user slams into the opponent with a huge blow from above, will always lower their speed 1 level

shadow chill

ghost type move that has 90 base power. physical damage and 30% chance to freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post

Flare Boost

Flare Blast

As far as giving Flare Boost and Flare Blast to Flareon only and differentiating it from other Fire-types, yay!

The moves, though, seem just a bit too broken. Flare Boost (which is already the name of an ability, but again, names may not be a priority) is strictly better than Wish, and giving it to a more offensive-oriented Pokémon doesn't really fit. Fire Blast has 5 PP and has less than 100% accuracy for the same power, and it isn't Download on a move. For 5 more PP, Download, and 100% accuracy, just for the loss of burn chance, you get Flare Blast. It'd probably be more balanced if it had either 5 PP, or a bit less power.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Respiration
    When Pokemons HP drop below 50%, attack and speed x1.5 times but defense will be decreased by 20%. After 5 turns, the effect wears off but the defense drop does not.
    Eh, I don't know. It's Awareness but with a 20% Defense drop, which would make it 50% of the time strictly better than Torrent or Blaze.

Mega Crater
    Ground
    Physical
    150 BP
    85Acc
    5PP
    The user slams into the opponent with a huge blow from above, will always lower their speed 1 level
    For 10 less power and 5% more accuracy, the user's Sp. Atk harshly drops. The power and accuracy readjustments would still make the move equal to moves like Overheat and Psycho Boost. But there is not only no penalty for using this move, but it also scores a guaranteed stat drop on the target, which makes it too powerful. :/

Quote Originally Posted by trident20
    shadow chill

ghost type move that has 90 base power. physical damage and 30% chance to freeze
    A physical Ghost-type move with 90 base power is fine, considering Dragon Pulse. Add the 30% freeze chance and it's too good. Freeze is an extremely deadly status ailment, which is why not even Ice-type moves have that high of a chance to freeze. Giving that honor to a Ghost-type move... it's definitely risky.

Quote Originally Posted by trident20 View Post
    shadow chill

This could one of Froslass's and Golurks move, I like it!

The moves, though, seem just a bit too broken. Flare Boost (which is already the name of an ability, but again, names may not be a priority) is strictly better than Wish, and giving it to a more offensive-oriented Pokémon doesn't really fit. Fire Blast has 5 PP and has less than 100% accuracy for the same power, and it isn't Download on a move. For 5 more PP, Download, and 100% accuracy, just for the loss of burn chance, you get Flare Blast. It'd probably be more balanced if it had either 5 PP, or a bit less power.
    The wish effect is so that it's safe setting up.

But really, the move itself may be broken, but you've got to remember this is only on Flareon, so I get the feeling it won't be too much of a problem. Especially with it's microscopic movepool to provide it with coverage.

And it's not really download. Download boost your attack or special attack by 50%. This just hits the weaker stat...

Page 25 of 88 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast