Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    So I'm assuming the second of the following two examples is the one that happens?

Turn 1: My Scizor with Rejuvenate uses Bullet Punch on a Chandelure. Chandelure uses Flamethrower on Scizor. Scizor faints, then rejuvenates. Turn ends.
    Turn 2: My Scizor uses Bullet Punch again, since the turn in which my Scizor couldn't move already ended.

Turn 1: My Scizor with Rejuvenate uses Bullet Punch on a Chandelure. Chandelure uses Flamethrower on Scizor. Scizor faints, then rejuvenates. Turn ends.
    Turn 2: I select Bullet Punch for Scizor again, but it can't be executed, since it was rejuvenated last turn. Chandelure uses Flamethrower. Scizor faints, then rejuvenates. Turn ends.
    Turn 3: I select U-Turn for Scizor, but it can't be executed, since it was rejuvenated last turn. Chandelure uses Flamethrower. Scizor faints, then rejuvenates. Turn ends.
    Turn 4: I select Slash for Scizor, but it can't be activated, since it was rejuvenated last turn. Chandelure uses Flamethrower. Scizor faints, then rejuvenates. Turn ends.
    ...and so on.

If it's the second scenario that happens, keep in mind that obviously a Pokémon with Rejuvenate can infinitely stall a Pokémon with only one-hit knockout attacking moves (Choice Band or Choice Specs, etc.)
    Yes the second scenario is the basically how it works but regardless if Scizor had went first or last in Turn 1 it would still have be unable to move in the following turn.

That's kind why I developed this ability, a perfect counter to Choiced Pokemon. So either they switch, I switch or they keep going till their PP has exhausted. The down side is VERY long battles lol

Okay, that eliminates option A. But which of the following three happens?

Cinccino with Skill Link uses Tail Slap on that same Scizor with Rejuvenate. Only three hits are required to faint the Scizor. The remaining two hits "go through" the Scizor. Scizor faints, then rejuvenates.

Cinccino with Skill Link uses Tail Slap on that same Scizor. Only three hits are required to faint the Scizor. Scizor faints, then rejuvenates. The remaining two hits hit Scizor.

Cinccino with Skill Link uses Tail Slap on the Scizor. Two hits are required to faint the Scizor. Scizor faints, then rejuvenates. Two more hits hit Scizor, fainting it again. Scizor rejuvenates. The last hit hits Scizor.
    Ok so I kind get what you're saying. I think you're asking do the remaining hits carry over even after the Pokemon has rejuvenated? Then the answer is no. The hits end when the Pokemon faints.

...But I think if it was like that then it would be less broken. What do you think?

I should've clarified. The number of Pokémon before and after using that move stays the same with Sacrifice, whereas with Healing Wish and Lunar Dance, that number goes down by one. If anything, the benefit that the recipient gets shouldn't be more than the benefit that a recipient of Lunar Dance gets, let alone a full revive.
    Ok how about if instead of adding full health is just revives them to 50% their health, would that seem less broken?

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Yes the second scenario is the basically how it works but regardless if Scizor had went first or last in Turn 1 it would still have be unable to move in the following turn.
    Alright, awesome. Yeah, the reason why I ask so many questions on these custom mechanics is not because I hate them (I love a lot of them, really creative stuff), but because I may rate the mechanic assuming it functions one way when it actually is intended to function a totally different way. (:

That's kind why I developed this ability, a perfect counter to Choiced Pokemon. So either they switch, I switch or they keep going till their PP has exhausted. The down side is VERY long battles lol
    Personally, I'd just make it trigger once per switch-out, but that's up to you.

Ok so I kind get what you're saying. I think you're asking do the remaining hits carry over even after the Pokemon has rejuvenated? Then the answer is no. The hits end when the Pokemon faints.

...But I think if it was like that then it would be less broken. What do you think?
    Yeah, you could make it happen later in the order of conflicting move resolution effects.

Ok how about if instead of adding full health is just revives them to 50% their health, would that seem less broken?
    Definitely.

At the beginning of a battle, you have all six of your Pokémon and so does your opponent. Specifically, one of yours is a Pokémon that is devoted to countering, say, a Terrakion, one of your Pokémon is a Sacrifice, and the rest of your Pokémon can still counter it but are not specifically designed to counter it. If the Terrakion-counter faints, then your opponent has taken the time and effort to faint it. If you send out your Sacrifice, you essentially get that Pokémon back for free, making your opponent have to kill the Terrakion-counter all over again, with no benefit on their part. Having some sort of penalty (whether it's a half-full instead of full revivification, or 5 PP on each move, or something else) definitely makes the move more balanced.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Alright, awesome. Yeah, the reason why I ask so many questions on these custom mechanics is not because I hate them (I love a lot of them, really creative stuff), but because I may rate the mechanic assuming it functions one way when it actually is intended to function a totally different way. (:
    Okay thanks

Re-vamped version:

New Ability: Rejuvenate
    "Revives a 1-hit KO to full health"

-So say a Pokemon with Rejuvenate as an ability is knocked out with one move, they are then immediately revived to full health.

Few things to note:
    -The Pokemon cannot move the following turn they are revived.
    -They can be revived an infinite amount of times as long as they were at full health when they were knocked out
    -Multi-hit moves dose not stop Rejuvenate but the remaining hits will carry over after the Pokemon is rejuvenated
    -It can be Skill-Swapped

New Move: Sacrifice

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user faints. In return, the Pokémon taking its place will be revived to half it's health"

- This move is basically like Lunar Dance except it revives the incoming Pokemon.

Hydreigon and Nasty Plot would make his Draco Meteors monstrous!

New Ability: Rejuvenate
    "Revives a 1-hit KO to full health"

-So say a Pokemon with Rejuvenate as an ability is knocked out with one move, they are then immediately revived to full health.

Few things to note:
    -The Pokemon cannot move the following turn they are revived.
    -They can be revived an infinite amount of times as long as they were at full health when they were knocked out
    -Multi-hit moves dose not stop Rejuvenate but the remaining hits will carry over after the Pokemon is rejuvenated
    -It can be Skill-Swapped
    I still think it should only trigger once per switch-out, but of course, that's your choice.

New Move: Sacrifice

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user faints. In return, the Pokémon taking its place will be revived to half it's health"

- This move is basically like Lunar Dance except it revives the incoming Pokemon.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's much better. (:

Already-Posted Move: Dreamsong
    Type: Psychic / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Target: All allies / Category: Status / Priority: 0 (Sound-based)
    "The user plays a calming melody, enabling it and its allies to restore HP every time damage is dealt."
    - Shell Bell on a move that lasts for five turns. Since it's sound-based, it won't affect Pokémon with Soundproof.

New Ability: Dragon Blood
    "Increases the overall power of the Pokémon."
    - The description doesn't say much. Normally, the random factor in the damage formula makes the damage fluctuate between 85% and 100%, but the moves that a Dragon Blood Pokémon uses have a random factor between 100% and 115%. Also, the random factor in the damage formula against a Pokémon with Dragon Blood changes to 70-85%. Distribution would be a secret ability for the Dratini line's Shed Skin and Inner Focus abilities (see my other post for details on this).

I still think it should only trigger once per switch-out, but of course, that's your choice.
    Can you like give an example because I don't quite understand what you mean by that?

Already-Posted Move: Dreamsong
    Type: Psychic / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Target: All allies / Category: Status / Priority: 0 (Sound-based)
    "The user plays a calming melody, enabling it and its allies to restore HP every time damage is dealt."
    - Shell Bell on a move that lasts for five turns. Since it's sound-based, it won't affect Pokémon with Soundproof.
    Nice. Can it stack with Shell bell?

New Ability: Dragon Blood
    "Increases the overall power of the Pokémon."
    - The description doesn't say much. Normally, the random factor in the damage formula makes the damage fluctuate between 85% and 100%, but the moves that a Dragon Blood Pokémon uses have a random factor between 100% and 115%. Also, the random factor in the damage formula against a Pokémon with Dragon Blood changes to 70-85%. Distribution would be a secret ability for the Dratini line's Shed Skin and Inner Focus abilities (see my other post for details on this).
    Interesting. I don't think there is a move or ability or anything for that matter that affect the random damage formula. So this is something completely new.

Can you like give an example because I don't quite understand what you mean by that?
    Intimidate triggers once per switch-out, specifically right when it's switched out. You can switch to another Pokémon and switch back to your Salamence, for example, to have it trigger again.
    If this were to trigger once per switch-out, it'd trigger once, then the Pokémon would faint as usual (assuming you don't switch it with another Pokémon).

Nice. Can it stack with Shell bell?
    Yup!

Interesting. I don't think there is a move or ability or anything for that matter that affect the random damage formula. So this is something completely new.
    I know, right? It's not insanely broken like a +6 Attack move is, but it's innovative enough to catch the attention of some people. (:

Intimidate triggers once per switch-out, specifically right when it's switched out. You can switch to another Pokémon and switch back to your Salamence, for example, to have it trigger again.
    If this were to trigger once per switch-out, it'd trigger once, then the Pokémon would faint as usual (assuming you don't switch it with another Pokémon).
    So do you mean Rejuvenate does not activate again unless the Pokemon with Rejuvenate switches out and switches in again?

So do you mean Rejuvenate does not activate again unless the Pokemon with Rejuvenate switches out and switches in again?
    Yeah, that's what I'm suggesting. But again, that choice is up to you.

Yeah, that's what I'm suggesting. But again, that choice is up to you.
    Meh. Probably not. Kinda Nerfs it by a lot but thanks for the help and suggestions you gave me

The acid thingy is actually for poison types to take care of steel types with ease. Here's a similar replica:

Solar Flare (Fire)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy:100/Category: Attack
    The user burns the opponent by concentrating sun light on the foe.
    For Grass type with steel problem

Some stuff froths cute little forecast Pokemon:
    Sand Form for Castform.
    Forecast: Boost by 1.5 special attack and speed.
    Weather Ball: Buff it to 55 BP.
    Movepool Additions:
    Hydro Pump/Blizzard/Fire Blast/Flash Cannon @Lv40
    Scald@TMs

@Ghost
    My ideas are bad? I don't think you get the point of this thread. I consider people posting here about their ideas so that people can point out the flaws or underpowerness of the attack. If you're that good, send in your ideas to Nintendo then, and don't bother with this thread. I love this thread. I'm here to get meaningful critics not "your ideas are horrible" or similar words. Granted, my ideas CAN be horrible, but you're in no place to tell me that since you did not give constructive critisims to my ideas rather than a simple two lime your ideas suck. So I take meaningless insults like a sponge.

And eclipse I broken. Doesn't seem too much like a "weather" anyways. I'm looking to more innovative designs from Nintendo. And since I'm not planning to turn this into a full flame war. I won't reply even if you quote me.

Even more...

Dark Bolt (Dark)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Attack
    The user summons a ominous dark bolt against the foe. Has a chance to paralyse.

Special dark type moves are lacking. Remedies that with this and paralysis as

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Meh. Probably not. Kinda Nerfs it by a lot but thanks for the help and suggestions you gave me
    You're welcome. (:

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    The acid thingy is actually for poison types to take care of steel types with ease. Here's a similar replica:

Solar Flare (Fire)
    Ah, so Solar Flare and Burning Acid is like Steel Wing, in that the move itself isn't actually Poison (Burning Acid), Grass (Solar Flare), or Flying (Steel Wing), but gives each of Poison-, Grass-, and Flying-types advantages against certain other types.

Some stuff froths cute little forecast Pokemon:
    Sand Form for Castform.
    Forecast: Boost by 1.5 special attack and speed.
    Weather Ball: Buff it to 55 BP.
    Movepool Additions:
    Hydro Pump/Blizzard/Fire Blast/Flash Cannon @Lv40
    Scald@TMs
    Sand forme - Yes! A Rock-type Castform would be awesome!
    Forecast - I'd rather it just boost the power of whatever type the weather is (Water-type for rain, Fire-type for sun, Ice-type for hail, Rock-type for sand, and Dark-type for eclipse).
    Movepool additions - Why Flash Cannon? It works, but it seems weird.

Dark Bolt (Dark)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Attack
    The user summons a ominous dark bolt against the foe. Has a chance to paralyse.

Special dark type moves are lacking. Remedies that with this and paralysis as
    Nice. A Dark-type Shadow Ball with a paralysis chance instead of a Defense drop.

By the way, the categories are physical, special, and status.

New Move: Reciprocate
    Type: Fighting / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: Physical / Priority: +4 (Contact: Yes)
    "The user prepares a counterattack of the same power as the damage that was dealt to it."
    This move is rather complicated, so I'll give a few examples:

1) An Eevee uses Reciprocate. A Bisharp uses Night Slash. Provided the Eevee survives the hit, the Eevee will automatically use a Fighting-type move with base power 70 (because that's Night Slash's base power) on the Bisharp.
    2) An Eevee uses Reciprocate. A Bisharp uses Night Slash on the Eevee, which makes Eevee Reciprocate with base power 70 against the Bisharp. In the same turn, a Zoroark on the far end (the non-adjacent opponent in a triple battle) uses Dark Pulse on the Eevee, which makes Eevee Reciprocate with base power 80 against the Zoroark. But the Reciprocate won't follow through, as the Reciprocation can only hit a single adjacent Pokémon.
    3) An Eevee uses Reciprocate. A Cinccino uses Tail Slap on the Eevee. After each hit of the Tail Slap, the Eevee will Reciprocate with base power 25 against the Cinccino.

New move
    Trait Switch
    type : psychic
    PP : 15
    power : -
    Acc : 100
    the user's and target's nature is switched. (pretty much like skill swap but it works on nature)

New Pokemon
    Parasharp
    evolution of parasect, with higher Attack, HP and def but slower
    type: bug/dark

and oh please PLEASE heal bell on BRONZONG.. i mean, come on...
    what if gamefreak send scouts to Pokemon forums,
    give some trailer for the new gen,
    then wait for our responds, and keep an eye on our speculation,
    and then steal our idea???

used THIEF!
    It's super effective!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Solar Flare (Fire)
    I think you should give it a chance to Burn as well but really nice move.

New Move: Reciprocate
    Type: Fighting / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: Physical / Priority: +4 (Contact: Yes)
    "The user prepares a counterattack of the same power as the damage that was dealt to it."
    This move is rather complicated, so I'll give a few examples:

1) An Eevee uses Reciprocate. A Bisharp uses Night Slash. Provided the Eevee survives the hit, the Eevee will automatically use a Fighting-type move with base power 70 (because that's Night Slash's base power) on the Bisharp.
    2) An Eevee uses Reciprocate. A Bisharp uses Night Slash on the Eevee, which makes Eevee Reciprocate with base power 70 against the Bisharp. In the same turn, a Zoroark on the far end (the non-adjacent opponent in a triple battle) uses Dark Pulse on the Eevee, which makes Eevee Reciprocate with base power 80 against the Zoroark. But the Reciprocate won't follow through, as the Reciprocation can only hit a single adjacent Pokémon.
    3) An Eevee uses Reciprocate. A Cinccino uses Tail Slap on the Eevee. After each hit of the Tail Slap, the Eevee will Reciprocate with base power 25 against the Cinccino.
    I'm confused. If it's a counterattack shouldn't it get negative priority instead of +4? That means it would go before most moves so then it would fail right?

Quote Originally Posted by just mew View Post
    New move
    Trait Switch
    type : psychic
    PP : 15
    power : -
    Acc : 100
    the user's and target's nature is switched. (pretty much like skill swap but it works on nature)
    Meh. Don't really see how switching natures during battle would help much but still a pretty neat move.

New Mechanics!!!

Area Fields:

Each one has its benefits and disadvantage. They will change the battlefields along with its image and can be activated by using certain moves and having certain abilities(Which I will make later). They can only be replaced by another Area Field move similar to how Weather works. There is no Turn limitation. The effects has no turn limitation either.

Dessert
    -Raises the Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed of Ground Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Lowers the Speed of Non-Flying Type Pokemon & Pokemon without Levitate by 10%
    -Sandstorm will now deal 1/10 each turn
    -Sandstorm will now last 8 turns
    -Has a 5% of Confusing the Pokemon in battle once per turn(this includes your own Pokemon)

Forest
    -Raises the Attack, Sp.Attack and Evasion of Grass Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Raises the Speed and Evasion of Bug Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Fire Type Moves have an Higher Critical hit ratio

Mountain
    -Raises the Defense and Sp.Defense of Rock Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Raises the Attack and Sp.Attack of Ice Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Hail will now deal 1/10 each turn
    -Hail will now last 8 turns
    -Has a 5% chance to inflict Freeze status to the Pokemon in battle once per turn(This includes your own Pokemon)

Night
    -Raises the Attack, Sp.Attack and Evasion of Ghost Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Raises the Attack and Sp.Attack of Dark Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Lowers the Accuracy of Non-Ghost & Dark Type Pokemon by 10 %
    -Has a 5% chance of to inflict Sleep Status to the Pokemon in battle once per turn(This includes your own Pokemon)
    -Night is removed if Harsh sunlight comes out via Drought or Sunny Day

Sky
    -Raises the Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed of Flying Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Raises the Attack and Sp.Attack of Dragon Type Pokemon by 10%
    -All Ground Type Moves Power becomes 0

Ocean
    -Raises the Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed of Water Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Raises the Accuracy and Power of Electric Type moves by 10%
    -Lowers the Attack and Sp.Attack of Fire Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Lowers the Defense and Sp.Defense of Steel Type Pokemon by 10%

If you can think of more please feel free to give some ideas. Because I'm kinda stuck at this point lol

I'm confused. If it's a counterattack shouldn't it get negative priority instead of +4? That means it would go before most moves so then it would fail right?
    It's a counterattack in that the Reciprocator hits the foe after that foe hits the Reciprocator.

New Mechanics!!!

Area Fields:

Each one has its benefits and disadvantage. They will change the battlefields along with its image and can be activated by using certain moves and having certain abilities(Which I will make later). They can only be replaced by another Area Field move similar to how Weather works. There is no Turn limitation. The effects has no turn limitation either.
    The concept can be pretty confusing with the existence of both weather and field-changing moves like Gravity and Trick Room. I feel as though there should be a turn limitation on their own as moves, since there would be no way to eliminate these without using another area field move.

Dessert
    -Raises the Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed of Ground Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Lowers the Speed of Non-Flying Type Pokemon & Pokemon without Levitate by 10%
    -Sandstorm will now deal 1/10 each turn
    -Sandstorm will now last 8 turns
    -Has a 5% of Confusing the Pokemon in battle once per turn(this includes your own Pokemon)
    This one seems alright. But a Camerupt's Speed would be 99% of what it usually is in a Desert.

Forest
    -Raises the Attack, Sp.Attack and Evasion of Grass Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Raises the Speed and Evasion of Bug Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Fire Type Moves have an Higher Critical hit ratio
    I'm always iffy on evasion increases. Making an evasion increase small doesn't change the fact that many people are going to take advantage of it as much as possible.

Mountain
    -Raises the Defense and Sp.Defense of Rock Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Raises the Attack and Sp.Attack of Ice Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Hail will now deal 1/10 each turn
    -Hail will now last 8 turns
    -Has a 5% chance to inflict Freeze status to the Pokemon in battle once per turn(This includes your own Pokemon)
    This one seems alright.

Night
    -Raises the Attack, Sp.Attack and Evasion of Ghost Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Raises the Attack and Sp.Attack of Dark Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Lowers the Accuracy of Non-Ghost & Dark Type Pokemon by 10 %
    -Has a 5% chance of to inflict Sleep Status to the Pokemon in battle once per turn(This includes your own Pokemon)
    -Night is removed if Harsh sunlight comes out via Drought or Sunny Day
    That 5% sleep status arguably violates Sleep Clause. Just because there is an uncontrollable chance that a Pokémon will fall asleep under this area field effect, the fact that whether or not you use the area field is controllable means that it could violate Sleep Clause. As always, I'm not too much of a fan of evasion increases tacked onto effects like these.

Sky
    -Raises the Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed of Flying Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Raises the Attack and Sp.Attack of Dragon Type Pokemon by 10%
    -All Ground Type Moves Power becomes 0
    This is extremely strong, in that the area field prevents an entire type of moves from being used. Levitate, Air Balloon, Magnet Rise, and the Flying-type are at least defensive mechanics to prevent Ground-type moves from hitting the Pokémon under that effect, but an effect that directly affects all Pokémon rendering an entire type useless (especially with no way to eliminate this other than devoting a move for another area field) is pretty broken.

Ocean
    -Raises the Attack, Sp.Attack and Speed of Water Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Raises the Accuracy and Power of Electric Type moves by 10%
    -Lowers the Attack and Sp.Attack of Fire Type Pokemon by 10%
    -Lowers the Defense and Sp.Defense of Steel Type Pokemon by 10%
    I think this is one of the more balanced area fields.

If you can think of more please feel free to give some ideas. Because I'm kinda stuck at this point lol
    Personally, I think these area fields are drastically complex. For one, the number of types affected per area field is different. Another thing is that the number of stats affected per type is different.

If I had to implement these into the game, I would make it so that one or two types have some sort of benefit, and that a third (or maybe fourth, but that's really stretching it) has a penalty, and so that the benefits are the same between area fields. For example, I'd make Ocean give a 10% Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed boost to Water-type Pokémon and a 10% Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed drop to Fire-type Pokémon, and make Forest increase Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed for Grass-type Pokémon and decrease those same stats for some other type.

There's also massive flavor oddity with these. Pretend that a battle is taking place on a field, with grass all around, maybe a few trees, and a mountain in the distance. It wouldn't really make much sense if that grassy plain were transformed into the ocean, a desert, or the sky. At least with weather, it's more plausible for it to rain harshly on that grassy field.

I always wanted Calm Mind Reshiram, it would make Blue Flare more powerful!

That 5% sleep status arguably violates Sleep Clause. Just because there is an uncontrollable chance that a Pokémon will fall asleep under this area field effect, the fact that whether or not you use the area field is controllable means that it could violate Sleep Clause.
    Wait. How come sleep having a 5% chance is a problem but freeze and Confusion having it is not? I'm actually surprised though I was I like i know wishing star is gonna say something about that 5% Freeze status. lol

Personally, I think these area fields are drastically complex. For one, the number of types affected per area field is different. Another thing is that the number of stats affected per type is different.

If I had to implement these into the game, I would make it so that one or two types have some sort of benefit, and that a third (or maybe fourth, but that's really stretching it) has a penalty, and so that the benefits are the same between area fields. For example, I'd make Ocean give a 10% Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed boost to Water-type Pokémon and a 10% Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed drop to Fire-type Pokémon, and make Forest increase Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed for Grass-type Pokémon and decrease those same stats for some other type.

There's also massive flavor oddity with these. Pretend that a battle is taking place on a field, with grass all around, maybe a few trees, and a mountain in the distance. It wouldn't really make much sense if that grassy plain were transformed into the ocean, a desert, or the sky. At least with weather, it's more plausible for it to rain harshly on that grassy field.
    You're right, making them last forever unless a new Area field is activated seems kinda a bit much. I actually was a bit iffy about that myself but they will definitely be turn limited. I was actually thinking in the sense of the surrounding environment we see in the Pokemon games. Like for example the summit of Mt.Coronet would have had a Mountain area to start with and Surfing Routes would have an Ocean Area Field to start with etc. So that's kind why I opted against the turn limitations.

I was also trying to think logically when it came to the effects. Like how even the tiniest of flames can start an enormous forest fire, thus I raised Fire Type moves Critical Hit Ratio in Forest. Or how in the sky there is no ground thus me making Ground type attacks power 0 in Sky. Or how in a forest bugs and plants can easily blend into the surroundings thus raising their Evasion in Forest. Or how metal rusts and weakens in water thus lowering Steel types defenses in Ocean. Also, How water Pokemon would be more agile and quicker in water thus the Speed raise in Ocean

You do make a good point though, it would be a bit odd to see a grassland field transform into a massive ocean lol. Also, it makes you wonder how would a Pokemon be capable of doing that in the first place. Well maybe Kyogre and Groudon can but that's about it.

So how about this? They will be turn limited only if they were activated through Move or Ability but if the surrounding area(during the actual story game play) is a certain field already it will remain that way for the rest of the battle unless another Area Field is activated. Similar to how in certain routes in rains and you start the battle with it raining.

Wait. How come sleep having a 5% chance is a problem but freeze and Confusion having it is not? I'm actually surprised though I was I like i know wishing star is gonna say something about that 5% Freeze status. lol
    I wanted to say something about that 5% freeze chance, too; while it is under Sleep Clause much like sleep is, it's much rarer. And I have less of a problem with that 5% confusion chance than that freeze chance.

You're right, making them last forever unless a new Area field is activated seems kinda a bit much. I actually was a bit iffy about that myself but they will definitely be turn limited. I was actually thinking in the sense of the surrounding environment we see in the Pokemon games. Like for example the summit of Mt.Coronet would have had a Mountain area to start with and Surfing Routes would have an Ocean Area Field to start with etc. So that's kind why I opted against the turn limitations.

I was also trying to think logically when it came to the effects. Like how even the tiniest of flames can start an enormous forest fire, thus I raised Fire Type moves Critical Hit Ratio in Forest. Or how in the sky there is no ground thus me making Ground type attacks power 0 in Sky. Or how in a forest bugs and plants can easily blend into the surroundings thus raising their Evasion in Forest. Or how metal rusts and weakens in water thus lowering Steel types defenses in Ocean. Also, How water Pokemon would be more agile and quicker in water thus the Speed raise in Ocean

You do make a good point though, it would be a bit odd to see a grassland field transform into a massive ocean lol. Also, it makes you wonder how would a Pokemon be capable of doing that in the first place. Well maybe Kyogre and Groudon can but that's about it.
    Sometimes, mechanic ideas have to be dropped in favor of flavor and simplicity. ):

So how about this? They will be turn limited only if they were activated through Move or Ability but if the surrounding area(during the actual story game play) is a certain field already it will remain that way for the rest of the battle unless another Area Field is activated. Similar to how in certain routes in rains and you start the battle with it raining.
    In any one region, there is likely to be a lot of grassy area. Then, in roughly descending order, water routes, forests, caves, mountains, urban areas, and sky. The types that are favored by areas that appear all the time would inherently be at an advantage.

New move: Iron Shock: Steel, 90 att 95 accuracy, priority: 0

The user hits the foes with electricity from building up its processors, may make the foe paralyzed!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    New move: Iron Shock: Steel, 90 att 95 accuracy, priority: 0

The user hits the foes with electricity from building up its processors, may make the foe paralyzed!
    How much PP does it have? 15?

Solid move. I like it. (:

It would have 15 PP and a 15% to paralyze as well

Sometimes, mechanic ideas have to be dropped in favor of flavor and simplicity. ):
    Ok so which ones would you recommend altering and which ones would you recommend keeping the same? You suggested making the stats that increase and decrease the same in the Types?

Now that you mention urban setting I thought of a new Area field- City! Although I am not sure what Types would/wouldn't benefit from a city? :\

I kinda want to make enough Area Fields so that each Type has an Area Field in which in can benefit from and one that that are at a disadvantage with. So the only Types that don't have a benefit or a Disadvantage is Normal, Fighting and Poison.

Maybe Normal can benefit since well stuff like Stoutland and you know the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Maybe Normal can benefit since well stuff like Stoutland and you know the rest
    Are you referring to the City Area Field? If so I'm not exactly sure how Normal or Stoutland benefits from a City but thanks for the input

Page 27 of 88 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777 ... LastLast