Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Heatproof should make u completely immune to fire. Also, give flareon flare blitz

Credit goes to Mochi10 for the team pose and trophy

Credit goes to PPL for the life of pokemons

Quote Originally Posted by Pokémon Trainer R View Post
    Indeed, Rotom, especially its Flying Forme, is another example of a Pokémon with Levitate that deserves a different Dream World Ability.
    Hmm....what about Analytic? What ability would suit a household appliance and/or a plasma blob.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Volt Absorb since appliances do just that, or Motor Drive since the appliance it possesses have to have motors.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Judging by Rotom's name, I'd say that Motor Drive would suit them perfectly.
    This is a battle. Of course it's gonna be unfair. That which is called 'battle' was a monster originally born of unfairness and intolerance. I can't stand that guy. I can beat that guy. I can't forgive that guy. We make enemies for all sorts of reasons, and from the moment you make an enemy, until one of you draws his last breath - you're in a battle.

Music

I don't see why people complain abot rotom-S so much... if rotom didn't had levitate rotom-W rotom-H(specially), rotom-F, and normal rotom would have a ground weakness it is equal for all forms.. so they won't change it fo rotom-S it is the most stupid complain..

If something changes about rotom I would like a new form an electric/steel form it would be awesome (except the special move which will probably be flash cannon)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Has anybody of you used you in game pokemon against the competitively ready trained Elites of Online? If you do, you lost a lot .... Right? Just only get a win through coincidence, luck, once in a blue moon, the enemy is also like a rookie like you, or that the enemy rage quitted when your untrained pokemon defeats 5 of his Competitively EV trained pokemon.

Well that's not fair for the people who are being abused by the bragging competitive player. From experience, in Pokemon Wifi, I was using a Simipour, Serperior, and Cinccino to beat somebody's EV trained pokemon. And that challenger of mine was a 4 star trainer (I am 0 stars). My team was my in game team, all of them are NOT EFFORT VALUED at all. It's just sheer training and passion. Just as I was at the last pokemon, he quits. So my idea came to this. This is a tier for trainers who are not using pokemon online found only in the Wifi Realm of Pokemon. Or for trainers entereing the competitive field for the first time.

There should be a tier called

'Rookies IN Game Tier'.

Rules:
    -The rankings of NU, UU, RU, OU, Middle cup, Borderline, and Little cup are still applied.
    - You are only allowed to use the pokemon team you used on your first victory in the Hall of Fame.
    - EVS must not be specifically polished or trained during it's usage. (that means, every poke fights as many random pokemon as possible rather than EV training your pokemon. Which is what most rookies in pokemon do.)
    - Your pokemon's nature will be kept intact regardless to where you caught it in game (e.g. Had a modest Conkeldurr during your first win at the hall of fame? You're forced to use it! Not your Adamant one. Grin.).
    - Any items can be held.
    - movesets can be set up like ones in competitive PO or Wifi (This is the only exception in competitive gameplay). Any player caught with hacked moves or any non-learn able move will automatically be defeated
    - Pokemon with hidden abilities (Dream world Abilities) are not allowed whether found on the wilds of BW2 or got on the internet using Pokemon Dream World ("Sand Force Hippowdon and Hippopotas", and "Soundproof Abomasnow and Snover" are the exceptions). Any pokemon with dream world abilities (Minus "Sand Force Hippowdon and Hippopotas", and "Soundproof Abomasnow and Snover") used on the battlefield are automatically defeated upon entering the battlefield.
    - Any Pokemon with base stats of 580 and above are forbidden. Which are the following.

a. Every Legendary and every Legendary forme (Including Phione)
    b. Dragonite (Should be Uber. DON'T RESIDE IN OU! It hurts for the weaker base stat pokes. Show some pity.)
    c. Salamence (same as Dragonite)
    d. Garchomp
    e. Hydreigon (Same as Dragonite. Put the Blame on Dennis!)
    f. Tyranitar (Same as Dragonite)
    g. Slaking (Same as Dragonite. but gosh, what a shock drop you got. but still, you Should be Uber)
    h. Metagross (Same as Dragonite)
    i. All of the Rotom Formes (Some claim it as Pseudo legendary/legendary. Others don't. But I think it has the right to be there in UBERS. So, goodbye Wash Rotom. Hope you're ready to face JUDGEMENT!!!)

(Buh bye imposters of OU!)

- This game realm is a hazard free field. Which means spikes, toxic spikes, and stealth rocks are banned. Other status moves are alright to use here (e.g. Toxic, Thunder Wave, Spore, Will o Wisp, etc...)
    -Auto weather summon is banned (Drizzle, Drought, Sandstram. But manual weather summoning moves (Sunny Day, Rain Dance, sandstorm, Hail) will be the replacements of the weather abilities. Still sticking to Politoed but Drizzle is banned, just teach it rain dance.

Mwahaaha. Revenge of the rookies come to thought. But all of this was a suggestive idea. Like ... give rookies a fighting chance to shine and evolve to possibly become involved with the competitive field. Just see this tier a competitive school in a pokemon game
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

^the only problem with that is that you're not taking into account the fact that some Pokemon outright suck. Simipour, Cinccino, etc, are in low tiers because they can't regularly stack up to the threats above them.

No hazards? No weather? Like it or not, these are some of the staples of OU play. Hell, hazards help keep some Pokemon from jumping to a different tier! Weather being started automatically was an enormous game-changer. But it's effective. It's brouhg tsome out inot the light of day once more, and pushed others into the darkness. Simply getting rid of these things just wouldn't be right.

There are better ways to introduce someone into competitive battling. Most of them inovlve not removing the things they should learn how to take advantage of.

I'm back, baby.

Sorry, but you just took Rotom-W (best Mamoswine counter in the game imo), weather, and 580+ pokemon out of OU. These things and pokemon are staples of OU (ok, not Slaking and certain Rotom forms)

Credit to Beck for the RNG userbar.
    As of August 18th 2012, I resigned as a CG leader.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Not fair? If you go up against a competitive team with an ingame team and lose, it's not their fault. You just suck or are too lazy to train.

Not that there's anything wrong with custom rules and such, but this hypothetical tier just seems like an attempt to remove a huge portion of the competitive aspect of the game. At this point, it's not even competitive Pokemon anymore. It really doesn't seem right either to try to make it seem unfair that competitive players try their best to win. The more successful players shouldn't have to slack off to give more casual players a better chance. There are also a couple of unverifiable rules that are all-but impossible to enforce. For example, how do you know that a Pokemon someone is using was in their first Hall of Fame team? And what if someone caught a specific natured Pokemon and specifically EV trained it along the way through the game? That would be an in-game Pokemon, but it would also be specifically EV trained, so would it be disqualified or not?

Honestly, it's just overcomplicated and hardly effective of a ruleset.

Has anybody of you used you in game pokemon against the competitively ready trained Elites of Online? If you do, you lost a lot .... Right? Just only get a win through coincidence, luck, once in a blue moon, the enemy is also like a rookie like you, or that the enemy rage quitted when your untrained pokemon defeats 5 of his Competitively EV trained pokemon.

Well that's not fair for the people who are being abused by the bragging competitive player. From experience, in Pokemon Wifi, I was using a Simipour, Serperior, and Cinccino to beat somebody's EV trained pokemon. And that challenger of mine was a 4 star trainer (I am 0 stars). My team was my in game team, all of them are NOT EFFORT VALUED at all. It's just sheer training and passion. Just as I was at the last pokemon, he quits. So my idea came to this. This is a tier for trainers who are not using pokemon online found only in the Wifi Realm of Pokemon. Or for trainers entereing the competitive field for the first time.

There should be a tier called

'Rookies IN Game Tier'.

Rules:
    -The rankings of NU, UU, RU, OU, Middle cup, Borderline, and Little cup are still applied.
    - You are only allowed to use the pokemon team you used on your first victory in the Hall of Fame.
    - EVS must not be specifically polished or trained during it's usage. (that means, every poke fights as many random pokemon as possible rather than EV training your pokemon. Which is what most rookies in pokemon do.)
    - Your pokemon's nature will be kept intact regardless to where you caught it in game (e.g. Had a modest Conkeldurr during your first win at the hall of fame? You're forced to use it! Not your Adamant one. Grin.).
    - Any items can be held.
    - movesets can be set up like ones in competitive PO or Wifi (This is the only exception in competitive gameplay). Any player caught with hacked moves or any non-learn able move will automatically be defeated
    - Pokemon with hidden abilities (Dream world Abilities) are not allowed whether found on the wilds of BW2 or got on the internet using Pokemon Dream World ("Sand Force Hippowdon and Hippopotas", and "Soundproof Abomasnow and Snover" are the exceptions). Any pokemon with dream world abilities (Minus "Sand Force Hippowdon and Hippopotas", and "Soundproof Abomasnow and Snover") used on the battlefield are automatically defeated upon entering the battlefield.
    - Any Pokemon with base stats of 580 and above are forbidden. Which are the following.

b. Dragonite (Should be Uber. DON'T RESIDE IN OU! It hurts for the weaker base stat pokes. Show some pity.)
    d. Garchomp
    g. Slaking (Same as Dragonite. but gosh, what a shock drop you got. but still, you Should be Uber)
    i. All of the Rotom Formes (Some claim it as Pseudo legendary/legendary. Others don't. But I think it has the right to be there in UBERS. So, goodbye Wash Rotom. Hope you're ready to face JUDGEMENT!!!)

(Buh bye imposters of OU!)

- This game realm is a hazard free field. Which means spikes, toxic spikes, and stealth rocks are banned. Other status moves are alright to use here (e.g. Toxic, Thunder Wave, Spore, Will o Wisp, etc...)
    -Auto weather summon is banned (Drizzle, Drought, Sandstram. But manual weather summoning moves (Sunny Day, Rain Dance, sandstorm, Hail) will be the replacements of the weather abilities. Still sticking to Politoed but Drizzle is banned, just teach it rain dance.

Mwahaaha. Revenge of the rookies come to thought. But all of this was a suggestive idea. Like ... give rookies a fighting chance to shine and evolve to possibly become involved with the competitive field. Just see this tier a competitive school in a pokemon game
    This is really arbitrary. People like using pokemon they like, not pokemon that they got into the Hall of Fame with. That's just... not logical. Fine, no weather or Dragons, but there are plenty of other really powerful pokemon out there. If you want to use these kind of pokemon, play NU or RU. It's exactly the same, but with hazards and some legendaries.
    The fact that you beat someone who cheated (obviously, he probably quit every game he was about to lose) isn't too impressive. And there's nothing stopping you from using those pokemon anyway! I once saw a player on these forums (forgot his name) who played incredible well and ranked really highly with a team made up of NU pokemon, including Arbok, Swellow, and Magcargo
    Point is, you don't need to ban all of OU to win with pokemon that aren't as strong. The rookie people lose, not because of their pokemon, but because of how they use them.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

@soperman: that person is Miror ^_^

agreed with soperman in everything. thats not all that fun. and why ban slaking? seriously? it kinda looks like you just took all you dont like, because you dont know how to win, and shafted it to uber. hazards? really?

this suggestion also seems to be a 'tutoring' tier, but it gives the wrong idea. trainers wont know how to deal with any of the major threats in ou, instead only getting a narrow view of the competitive spectrum. experience builds knowledge. ever hear of those mothers who shelter their child until like 30? yeah....point made.

I thought rookies loves Arceus, but I guess i was wrong :[

anyway, Nasty Plot Gengar.
    even babyface togekiss can use it, why cant a nasty looking, evil looking, soul stealing, ghost blob think about nasty thoughts?! :x
        Spoiler:- lol:

Make a Steel/Ghost type with Gliscor-esque defences. It's an interesting type defensively, especially for fighting types(After Close Combat, Hi Jump Kick buffs and new powerful fighting types like Terakion and Conkledurr coming in, they need a nerf). Levitate would be cool, but I think it would be more balanced if it was grounded.

Make what is essentially a physical Blissey. For the lulz. Something like 200/55/130/35/20/65 which gives it a BST of 505. It's only form of recovery will be Wish, though and the resulting 4-moveslot syndrome from having to use Protect should keep it balanced.

Give Drifblim Roost. Even though it's a balloon it should be able to do so. Either that or Recover.

Give Samurott and Serperior Earthquake. Every other starter learns Earthquake, so why not them?

Dual DW Abilities. Yup. Pokemon can now have up to 4 abilities. Either that, or change DW abilities for certain pokemon every generation or so, giving potentially limitless numbers of possible abilities for a pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

take farfetchd outta ou. ^_^ too broken. (seriously, check its smogon analysis)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Marowak View Post
    ^the only problem with that is that you're not taking into account the fact that some Pokemon outright suck. Simipour, Cinccino, etc, are in low tiers because they can't regularly stack up to the threats above them.

No hazards? No weather? Like it or not, these are some of the staples of OU play. Hell, hazards help keep some Pokemon from jumping to a different tier! Weather being started automatically was an enormous game-changer. But it's effective. It's brought some out inot the light of day once more, and pushed others into the darkness. Simply getting rid of these things just wouldn't be right.

There are better ways to introduce someone into competitive battling. Most of them inovlve not removing the things they should learn how to take advantage of.
    Quote Originally Posted by x_vandslaux_x View Post
    Sorry, but you just took Rotom-W (best Mamoswine counter in the game imo), weather, and 580+ pokemon out of OU. These things and pokemon are staples of OU (ok, not Slaking and certain Rotom forms)
    Quote Originally Posted by PikaPika677 View Post
    Not fair? If you go up against a competitive team with an ingame team and lose, it's not their fault. You just suck or are too lazy to train.

(As for that, you are half right but also half wrong. I am also strategic in some degree, and I also prepped myself in this field in a different time condition. And please watch your words, unless that one meant to demoralize me; but of course I can take that for some good measures. And keep in mind that I know it is not their [opponents] fault. I just refered that to other people that are afraid of an early humiliation.).
    -respect from the source replier.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Not that there's anything wrong with custom rules and such, but this hypothetical tier just seems like an attempt to remove a huge portion of the competitive aspect of the game. At this point, it's not even competitive Pokemon anymore. It really doesn't seem right either to try to make it seem unfair that competitive players try their best to win. The more successful players shouldn't have to slack off to give more casual players a better chance. There are also a couple of unverifiable rules that are all-but impossible to enforce. For example, how do you know that a Pokemon someone is using was in their first Hall of Fame team? And what if someone caught a specific natured Pokemon and specifically EV trained it along the way through the game? That would be an in-game Pokemon, but it would also be specifically EV trained, so would it be disqualified or not?

Honestly, it's just overcomplicated and hardly effective of a ruleset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    This is really arbitrary. People like using pokemon they like, not pokemon that they got into the Hall of Fame with. That's just... not logical. Fine, no weather or Dragons, but there are plenty of other really powerful pokemon out there. If you want to use these kind of pokemon, play NU or RU. It's exactly the same, but with hazards and some legendaries.
    The fact that you beat someone who cheated (obviously, he probably quit every game he was about to lose) isn't too impressive. And there's nothing stopping you from using those pokemon anyway! I once saw a player on these forums (forgot his name) who played incredible well and ranked really highly with a team made up of NU pokemon, including Arbok, Swellow, and Magcargo
    Point is, you don't need to ban all of OU to win with pokemon that aren't as strong. The rookie people lose, not because of their pokemon, but because of how they use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    @soperman: that person is Miror ^_^

agreed with soperman in everything. thats not all that fun. and why ban slaking? seriously? it kinda looks like you just took all you dont like, because you dont know how to win, and shafted it to uber. hazards? really?

this suggestion also seems to be a 'tutoring' tier, but it gives the wrong idea. trainers wont know how to deal with any of the major threats in ou, instead only getting a narrow view of the competitive spectrum. experience builds knowledge. ever hear of those mothers who shelter their child until like 30? yeah....point made.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitarium View Post
    I thought rookies loves Arceus, but I guess i was wrong :[

anyway, Nasty Plot Gengar.
    even babyface togekiss can use it, why cant a nasty looking, evil looking, soul stealing, ghost blob think about nasty thoughts?! :x
    Okay guys no need to go Rayquaza`OUTRAGE!(he scares me for some reason). Indeed I learned something too. But perhaps I can classify and add more details to the origin of that rule idea.

All of those OU rules I removed, why had I came for that idea? Perhaps some of us only want to play it very classic on personal suggestive terms, and some pokemon players do not want to fight somebody using a famous team set. You see, I believe that some of us began building pokemon through aesthetics. The competitive became secondary step (though I know began in reverse, Competitive before aesthetic). Anyway back to topic, and please understand my opinion first BEFORE replying back. This is a suggestive tutorial approach

a. That rule set I placed below for those who forgot(posted last time) would be for some people who are new to the competitive side of pokemon. I let myself be placed in the view of a pokemon trainer entering those NU to Uber Ranking competitive rules for the first time. That kind of Idea that I got would be called like a "Pokemon online Simulation Training1.". Meaning that it is a "Nearly free ruled Pokemon online battle". That means nearly everything goes. Call it something where they still act like a simple AI program or new to pokemon competitive. I mean, I don't want to give casual players an impression that you must "be smart, very mathematical, very hardcore, etc ..." you know those kinds of quirks that scares curious casual / avid pokemon players to the competitive hardcore/avid players. I want to give those kinds of players an impression of "show me what you have learned so far"

eg.
    Rookies IN Game Tier'.

Rules:
    - Any items can be held.

b. Dragonite (Should be Uber. )
    d. Garchomp
    g. Slaking (Same as Dragonite.)
    i. All of the Rotom Formes (Some claim it as Pseudo legendary/legendary. Others don't. But I think it has the right to be there in UBERS.)
    b. After these rules, there would be what I could call "Pokemon online Simulation Training 2.". Now on these rules , this is where EVERY SINGLE IMPORTANT JUICE are being taught to the player. Some i could apply as 2 would be "Type synergy". I bet this is where type match-ups are taken in a more advanced form built for the competitive realm

c. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 3." it will talk about team building. One of the things that I noticed that brings doubts to players who cannot let their favorites not be used considering the "Tiers Ranks". The things to know about the OU, and NU, and the other tiers. But this one also includes the differences between the terms of "Tanks", "sweepers", stalls, hazard users, etc. on Performance aspects

d. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 4." This one will teach rookies on how to deal with Pokemon movesets. Things like what moves can this pokemon do. How will they fare in different cases on the battlefield and type of performance

e. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 5." deals with Items. What pokemon uses those items? Which item fits a pokemon's performance best/worst? what are the functions of those items talked in greater depth.

after the 5 previous Rules, these simulators will be dealing with the different strategic gameplay elements. This is where the competitive terms like "(weather) team", stall team, Hyper offensive, Mixed, team chains, late sweep, status hazarding, etc. come to play.

f. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 6." deals with the difference between Thinking Vs. Prediction and how it turns the tide of battle.

g. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 7." deals with planning and executing your battle strategy. This is self explanatory. (e.g set up spikes with stealth rocck and let a staller like skarmory abuse whirlwind in the middle of a sandstorm)

h. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 8." will teach players about opposing pokemon or team sets that disrupts the player's strategy. I bet, with my honesty, that some of you competitive trainers lost due to the opponent being able to disrupt your plans on battle. Or the crit/flinch cane in blocking your plans.

i. And here is "Pokemon online Simulation Training 9." this where the "counters topics" comes in along with the topic about protecting your counter to the enemy's plan. This is where in the case of some players had problems with the counters if they let aesthetics be involved in their team selection.

j. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 10." On this one, it wil talk about the most infuential pokemon, teams, abilities, movesets, and strategies of every tier. Its the field where exs. of pokemon being talked about: bulky offense conkeldurr Hax Jirachi, Double screen Espeon, Bulky Ferrothorn, Reversal Sawk, Sand Rush Stoutland, Drizzle Politoed, etc.

And keep in mind that these persona suggestions are like training simulators inside a possible pokemon game.

I hoped that I resolved the conflict on some way. Just merely suggesting to make competitive approachable.
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

It still sucks as a tier idea.

Nidoking should get 98 base speed and 105 base special attack and 105 attack. It would make it more usable and a bit more powerful. Darmanitan gets 135 attack and 95 base speed with Sheer Force Flare Blitz, so Nidoking getting 105 SAtk and 98 Speed Sheer Force Earth Power would be cool.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

sooo...you are taking the approach that, easing them down the stairs one at a time, when its just as easier, if not more, to push them down the stairs so they learn?

honestly, i can see abomasnow drifting down to uu. its usage isnt nearly as high as some pokes, and it might actually change the uu metagame a whole lot. no more fwg cores only, with hail reigning supreme.

think about it: its really only an anti-meta ou poke, right? too many popular things counter or wall it. an occa berry scizor destroys it, but a scizor doesnt always have to switch in. its taken out by sooo many pokemon, variants of t-tar, heatran, scizor, conkelldurr, dragonite(if already in or switch at same time- fire punch), haxorus, latios, etc etc.

its walled by certain pokes too, namely heatran.

in ou, it'd be a great tool, especizlly as a revenge killer. shaymin/roserade would think twice before switching in, due to ice shard/blizzard/hp fire. switch in on flygon's eq and ice shard. etc etc.

alot of pokes that function on hail stall/ hail offense arent ou anyways. rotom-f, froslass, stallrein.

yet it still can be countered, just not as much. chandelure, houndoom, arcanine, etc etc. and those are just the first three of the top of my head. houndoom and chandelure can get a boost if needed. mienshao provides a great check to it, but cant switch in on blizzard or wood hammer. it even can break the subs with fake out(i think)

scrafty can set up on sets, i dont think even being 3hkod by ice shard, and outspeeding and ohkoing after one dd.

anyone else, up for a bit more diversity in uu?

^There's a problem. Sand is banned, so Hail would be supreme. It's BL because Smogon (and PO) decided Hail was too problematic for UU.
    Yveltal, the Destruction Pokémon: "When its life comes to an end, it absorbs the life energy of every living thing and turns into a cocoon once more."

Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

All I want is Terrakion kicked outta OU. Is that too much to ask?

Yeah... Yeah, it is. If only I were less lazy, I could breed me up an Azumaril, but instead I spend my time complaining on the Forum!

Blasted bull...

terrakion has many common counters bro. gliscor, jellicent, reuniculus, etc. anything that can take a hit or 2 and reply back with a se move can rock its world. terrakion is pretty frail too, not as frail as infernape, etc. though. and if you get a stone edge miss....

hail wouldnt be all that much though. not really any of its cohorts to walk around with. tentacruel, infernape, etc. hail stall could end up being chandy+aboma, +hitmontop. no magic guard pokes to walk around with either(fk clefable). it woukdnt be all that complicated.

Okay guys no need to go Rayquaza`OUTRAGE!(he scares me for some reason). Indeed I learned something too. But perhaps I can classify and add more details to the origin of that rule idea.

All of those OU rules I removed, why had I came for that idea? Perhaps some of us only want to play it very classic on personal suggestive terms, and some pokemon players do not want to fight somebody using a famous team set. You see, I believe that some of us began building pokemon through aesthetics. The competitive became secondary step (though I know began in reverse, Competitive before aesthetic). Anyway back to topic, and please understand my opinion first BEFORE replying back. This is a suggestive tutorial approach

a. That rule set I placed below for those who forgot(posted last time) would be for some people who are new to the competitive side of pokemon. I let myself be placed in the view of a pokemon trainer entering those NU to Uber Ranking competitive rules for the first time. That kind of Idea that I got would be called like a "Pokemon online Simulation Training1.". Meaning that it is a "Nearly free ruled Pokemon online battle". That means nearly everything goes. Call it something where they still act like a simple AI program or new to pokemon competitive. I mean, I don't want to give casual players an impression that you must "be smart, very mathematical, very hardcore, etc ..." you know those kinds of quirks that scares curious casual / avid pokemon players to the competitive hardcore/avid players. I want to give those kinds of players an impression of "show me what you have learned so far"

eg.

b. After these rules, there would be what I could call "Pokemon online Simulation Training 2.". Now on these rules , this is where EVERY SINGLE IMPORTANT JUICE are being taught to the player. Some i could apply as 2 would be "Type synergy". I bet this is where type match-ups are taken in a more advanced form built for the competitive realm

c. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 3." it will talk about team building. One of the things that I noticed that brings doubts to players who cannot let their favorites not be used considering the "Tiers Ranks". The things to know about the OU, and NU, and the other tiers. But this one also includes the differences between the terms of "Tanks", "sweepers", stalls, hazard users, etc. on Performance aspects

d. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 4." This one will teach rookies on how to deal with Pokemon movesets. Things like what moves can this pokemon do. How will they fare in different cases on the battlefield and type of performance

e. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 5." deals with Items. What pokemon uses those items? Which item fits a pokemon's performance best/worst? what are the functions of those items talked in greater depth.

after the 5 previous Rules, these simulators will be dealing with the different strategic gameplay elements. This is where the competitive terms like "(weather) team", stall team, Hyper offensive, Mixed, team chains, late sweep, status hazarding, etc. come to play.

f. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 6." deals with the difference between Thinking Vs. Prediction and how it turns the tide of battle.

g. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 7." deals with planning and executing your battle strategy. This is self explanatory. (e.g set up spikes with stealth rocck and let a staller like skarmory abuse whirlwind in the middle of a sandstorm)

h. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 8." will teach players about opposing pokemon or team sets that disrupts the player's strategy. I bet, with my honesty, that some of you competitive trainers lost due to the opponent being able to disrupt your plans on battle. Or the crit/flinch cane in blocking your plans.

i. And here is "Pokemon online Simulation Training 9." this where the "counters topics" comes in along with the topic about protecting your counter to the enemy's plan. This is where in the case of some players had problems with the counters if they let aesthetics be involved in their team selection.

j. "Pokemon online Simulation Training 10." On this one, it wil talk about the most infuential pokemon, teams, abilities, movesets, and strategies of every tier. Its the field where exs. of pokemon being talked about: bulky offense conkeldurr Hax Jirachi, Double screen Espeon, Bulky Ferrothorn, Reversal Sawk, Sand Rush Stoutland, Drizzle Politoed, etc.

And keep in mind that these persona suggestions are like training simulators inside a possible pokemon game.

I hoped that I resolved the conflict on some way. Just merely suggesting to make competitive approachable.
    This is more of a tutoring idea. It's actually a really great tutoring idea.
    However, that's not what this is about. As a tier, it makes no sense. You could still do this in the normal competitive field today.
    Competitive isn't for everyone; you really do have to be a hardcore gamer and have to know everything about anything to be successful.
    Also, you should know by now that Gamefreak doesn't give a rat's fart about competitive pokemon battling. I'm sure they know it exists, but they still don't care. Competitive battling is basically the pokemon style of battling that Gamefreak refuses to acknowledge anywhere besides for the bad guys in the games and anime; battling pokemon to win, regardless of what happens to your pokemon. They'll never make a game teaching people how to battle competitively.
    And who uses Reversal Sawk anyway?

This thread is getting way off topic .__.

sooo...you are taking the approach that, easing them down the stairs one at a time, when its just as easier, if not more, to push them down the stairs so they learn?

honestly, i can see abomasnow drifting down to uu. its usage isnt nearly as high as some pokes, and it might actually change the uu metagame a whole lot. no more fwg cores only, with hail reigning supreme.

think about it: its really only an anti-meta ou poke, right? too many popular things counter or wall it. an occa berry scizor destroys it, but a scizor doesnt always have to switch in. its taken out by sooo many pokemon, variants of t-tar, heatran, scizor, conkelldurr, dragonite(if already in or switch at same time- fire punch), haxorus, latios, etc etc.

its walled by certain pokes too, namely heatran.

in ou, it'd be a great tool, especizlly as a revenge killer. shaymin/roserade would think twice before switching in, due to ice shard/blizzard/hp fire. switch in on flygon's eq and ice shard. etc etc.

alot of pokes that function on hail stall/ hail offense arent ou anyways. rotom-f, froslass, stallrein.

yet it still can be countered, just not as much. chandelure, houndoom, arcanine, etc etc. and those are just the first three of the top of my head. houndoom and chandelure can get a boost if needed. mienshao provides a great check to it, but cant switch in on blizzard or wood hammer. it even can break the subs with fake out(i think)

scrafty can set up on sets, i dont think even being 3hkod by ice shard, and outspeeding and ohkoing after one dd.

anyone else, up for a bit more diversity in uu?
    What Abomasnow really needs is base 100 Speed and (if you feel like it) base 110 Offenses each. THEN it would be reasonable for it to stay in OU.

that would help. but it'd then probably be broken. if it got in safely, it could spam blizzards all day long, as long as steels were outta the way. plus, a 110 base stat ice shard.....phew :/ it'd be more likely it'd bump down to uu than gamefreak to completely change its base stats.

that would help. but it'd then probably be broken. if it got in safely, it could spam blizzards all day long, as long as steels were outta the way. plus, a 110 base stat ice shard.....phew :/ it'd be more likely it'd bump down to uu than gamefreak to completely change its base stats.
    Well, Scizor is pretty popular, and a lot of scarfed pokemon would still outspeed it...
    Ok, maybe 95 Speed and 105 Offenses. Either way, it needs a boost, badly, if it wants to stay in OU

and that, is my point. its too underpowered.

Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast