Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Three new moves!!!

New Move: Alleviate

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user concentrates to cure the target of any status condition.

-It's like Refresh except for other Pokemon. So it works on Freeze and sleep as well

New Move: Bane

Type: / Power: 100 / Accuracy: 50% / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user attacks by infecting the target with deadly venom. It leaves the target badly poisoned

-A Poison version of inferno. It will always leave the target badly poisoned if it hits.

New Move: Vigorate

Type: / Power: 70 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user fights to it's limit. It user may cure itself of poisoning, burn, or paralysis."

-Think of it like an attacking move + Refresh. The user has a 30% of curing itself of poisoning, burn, or paralysis. It does not cure Sleep, so a Sleep Talk maneuver won't work.
    Awesome! All three of these are pretty balanced and neat. Heal Pulse is to Recover as Alleviate is to Refresh, so it makes sense. (:

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I wasn't acting rude I just explained the aftermath of such effect if it keeps after the switch it means he permanently learned the move and that way the move pools won't be original it is also broken nonetheless cause it would be able to beat all stall teams..
    You weren't rude...I was talking about Ghosts of the Forums. I still don't see it as broken though, if anything it's really not likely to happen because on the second turn in which you use Tutor the opponent can just switch to stop it and stall it out until the PP is exhausted. Not to mention it only takes away one move and you just need to be meticulous about what move you use against a Pokemon with Tutor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Awesome! All three of these are pretty balanced and neat. Heal Pulse is to Recover as Alleviate is to Refresh, so it makes sense. (:
    Aww thanks , I was so sure you were gonna say something about Vigorate, considering it has the 30% chance to cure status and all. I thought perhaps it may be broken but I guess not.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

spin wouldn't be broken. it removes your opponent's hazards.

and i do read the other posts.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Parasite - Whenever I think of a parasite, I think blood-sucking creatures. Personally, I just think the name would imply something to do with HP.
    The reason I chose parasite is because psychic types are afraid of bugs (weak to). I saw it in a thread and I agreed that it may be possible that bug types ruin psychic types concentration. Thus, planting a huge colony of parasites would prevent the foe from being able to concentrate and use a powerful attack.

Spoiler:- New Gen of Entry hazards:

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    The reason I chose parasite is because psychic types are afraid of bugs (weak to). I saw it in a thread and I agreed that it may be possible that bug types ruin psychic types concentration. Thus, planting a huge colony of parasites would prevent the foe from being able to concentrate and use a powerful attack.
    Ah, okay. I'd use another bug-related word, since parasite still connotes siphoning blood and such, but that's up to you.

Psycho Crest (Psychic)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status
    The user focuses on its crest and repels all hazards.
    Cresselia only... Before you shriek, here's the official version...

Snow Spirit (Ice)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status
    The user summons a frightening Snow Spirit on the foes side and lowers the foes attack by one stage whenever a Pokemon switch in. When an ice type Pokemon switches in, it will cancel out attack and heal 1/8 of its HP.

Vine Field (Grass)
    The user summons tickling vines that lowers the foes defense by one stage whenever a Pokemon switch in. When a grass type Pokemon switches in, it will cancel out this attack and heal 1/8 of its HP.

Distraction (Psychic)
    The user implements distracting thoughts that floats above the foes field and lowers special defense by one stage whenever a Pokemon switches in. When a psychic Pokemon switches in, it will cancel out this attack and heal 1/8 of its HP.
    Psycho Crest - Having no base power is actually a boon and not a disadvantage. It means that even against a Mightyena, you could use Psycho Crest and eliminate entry hazards. Seems neat.

Snow Spirit - I don't usually see entities of any kind as being an entry hazard, but maybe that's just me. As for the stat drop, I'd rather make it Sp. Def, since the image of ice just makes me think of that.

Vine Field - Prickly vines, if not an HP drop, seem to me that they would lower Defense, too. Also, since they're vines, would they affect Flying-types?

Distraction - As with Snow Spirit, I don't see entities of any kind being an entry hazard.

I like how you made entry hazards that lower stats instead of damage. The concept is pretty creative, if I do say so myself. (:

New Move: Wild Frost
    Type: Ice / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user blasts the target with ice. The more stat changes the target has, the more often it will freeze."
    - The freeze chance is dependent on the amount of stat increases. A boost of one stage means there is a 5% of freezing; two stages, 10%; three, 15%; four, 20%; five, 30%; and six is a guaranteed chance of freezing.

As an example, a Volcarona uses Quiver Dance twice, and then Froslass uses Wild Frost on the Volcarona. Since two Quiver Dances gives +6 stages total, Wild Frost will always freeze it.
    As for how it's not overpowered, it's merely a preventative measure that makes your foe hesitate before using stat-raising moves.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star

Type: Ice / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user blasts the target with ice. The more stat changes the target has, the more often it will freeze."
    - The freeze chance is dependent on the amount of stat increases. A boost of one stage means there is a 5% of freezing; two stages, 10%; three, 15%; four, 20%; five, 30%; and six is a guaranteed chance of freezing.

As an example, a Volcarona uses Quiver Dance twice, and then Froslass uses Wild Frost on the Volcarona. Since two Quiver Dances gives +6 stages total, Wild Frost will always freeze it.
    As for how it's not overpowered, it's merely a preventative measure that makes your foe hesitate before using stat-raising moves.
    Something to stop Baton Pass teams, always a good thing.

Ah, okay. I'd use another bug-related word, since parasite still connotes siphoning blood and such, but that's up to you.

Psycho Crest - Having no base power is actually a boon and not a disadvantage. It means that even against a Mightyena, you could use Psycho Crest and eliminate entry hazards. Seems neat.

Snow Spirit - I don't usually see entities of any kind as being an entry hazard, but maybe that's just me. As for the stat drop, I'd rather make it Sp. Def, since the image of ice just makes me think of that.

Vine Field - Prickly vines, if not an HP drop, seem to me that they would lower Defense, too. Also, since they're vines, would they affect Flying-types?

Distraction - As with Snow Spirit, I don't see entities of any kind being an entry hazard.

I like how you made entry hazards that lower stats instead of damage. The concept is pretty creative, if I do say so myself. (:

Me likez. It stops belly drummer right there. Boom! As well as Baton Pass teams.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Ever noticed how Ferroseed's sprite spins around quickly?

It should learn Rapid Spin.

Quote Originally Posted by Digletto View Post
    Ever noticed how Ferroseed's sprite spins around quickly?

It should learn Rapid Spin.
    But then how does Ferrothorn use Rapid Spin? o_o

But then how does Ferrothorn use Rapid Spin? o_o
    It uses it's vines to spin itself around. If anything, it makes more sense with Ferrothorn. Ferroseed, by all means has no way of controlling it's spin, unless it can move it's barbs. Still, I was really surprised that Ferroseed/thorn couldn't learn Rapid Spin, and we could use another Spinner in OU. Forretress does lose it's main advantage over Ferrothorn though.

I really like Wild Frost, especially that it can't be Taunted/Magic Bounced/whatever. Now all we need is some good ice types.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Maybe give Magic Guard to a new Fire/Psychic to prevent SR's from stripping 25% health! Or make the ability have a better distribution!

i think that wild frost is a bad idea. if you spam ice moves, you don't thaw out. end of question. could 6-0 fairly easily.

prepare for the brokenness.

Frozen Sphere
    type: ice power: 70 acc: 65 pp: 10
    flavor: the user hurls a sphere of pure cold at the target. has a high chance of freezing.
    detailed desription: 100% chance of freezing.

like zap cannnon/dynamicpunch and their ilk, but much lower power and slightly better accuracy.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i think that wild frost is a bad idea. if you spam ice moves, you don't thaw out. end of question. could 6-0 fairly easily.
    I don't get what you mean. Using Ice-type moves on a frozen Pokémon doesn't guarantee that they'll stay frozen.

Frozen Sphere
    type: ice power: 70 acc: 65 pp: 10
    flavor: the user hurls a sphere of pure cold at the target. has a high chance of freezing.
    detailed desription: 100% chance of freezing.

like zap cannnon/dynamicpunch and their ilk, but much lower power and slightly better accuracy.
    At least paralysis and confusion are relatively easier to deal with than freeze. Frozen Sphere has a 65% chance of inflicting a status ailment that is extremely hard to deal with, whereas Zap Cannon and DynamicPunch have a 50% chance of inflicting a status ailment that is significantly easier to deal with. If anything, Frozen Sphere would have to have a 40% accuracy rate (and even that's stretching it a bit).

the revised version of the attack deals no damage and is a status category move.

the revised version of the attack deals no damage and is a status category move.
    If you're talking about Frozen Sphere, the brokenness isn't in that it can deal damage and have a high chance of freezing, it's in that it the chance of freezing is so high. In other words, changing the base power to 0 doesn't really make it less broken. :/

its a simple (now 50) accuracy status move.

EDIT: ****. i'm starting to sound like cascade.

Good enough I guess, though like Wishing Star said, freeze status is much harder to fight than paralysis or confusion.

You mention my name on a move that has a guarantee freeze...How ironic. Especially considering I made a move like that a while back called Permafrost

Cool!!(Pun intended lol). But seriously I find it a bit out that at +5 stage t he freeze chance is 30% than just jumps to 100% when the Pokemon reaches +6 stage total.

that freeze chance is a bit wrong. and i think its incredibly stupid to post links to or brag about moves you made. plus, that was 29 pages ago. how could i have noticed that?

that freeze chance is a bit wrong. and i think its incredibly stupid to post links to or brag about moves you made. plus, that was 29 pages ago. how could i have noticed that?
    Do you mean wrong as in it's overpowered, or wrong as in how it jumps from 30% to 100% from five stages to six stages?

Who's bragging? You just seem to love to make up false emotions about how I feel based on words I typed on a computer, don't you?...I was just simply pointing out the Irony of it all, I never expected you to notice. Besides there is no rule saying we cant have similar moves, again I was just pointing out the irony in it all.

Revamped Move: Final Gambit

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 5 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user lowers it's HP to 1 in exchange the target loses HP equal to the amount lost"

-This is how Final Gambit should work

New Move: Pact

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The target instantly faints. The User and all Party Pokemon lose HP equal to half their max HP if the target faints"

-If Pact doesn't work due to Protect or Detect, then Pact will fail and the target will not faint. If the Target fails to faint due to Focus Sash, Focus Band, uses endure or sturdy activates then the User and all Party Pokemon do not lose half their max HP.

New Move: Exchange

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user switches place with the target for 2-4 Turns"

-Basically you select a Pokemon on your opponents or your side and the user of the move switches places with them. If the target or the user of the move fainted before the turns were up then the Pokemon return to it's respective trainer in the place the other Pokemon was in battle. If Exchange is used before the Target moves in battle then the Target will still use it's move selected by it's trainer. Yes, you can switch an exchanged Pokemon, that Pokemon can stay in your party until 2-4 turns is up or the other exchanged Pokemon has fainted. You cannot use Exchange on a Pokemon that is being affected by Exchange. During Story Mode if the trainer does not have enough badges the Exchanged Pokemon has a chance to not listen to them.

Example
    Intro: Trainer 1 sent out Audino, Trainer 2 sent out Arcanine.
    Turn 1: Audino used Exchange, Audino and Arcanine have switched places, Arcanine used Bite, Turn End.
    Turn 2: Trainer 2 withdrew Audino, Trainer 2 sent out Ferrothorn, Arcanine used Flamethrower, Ferrothorn Fainted, Turn End.
    Turn 3: Trainer 2 sent out Golduck, Golduck used Surf, Arcanine Fainted, Audino is returned to trainer 1, Turn Ends.

Revamped Move: Final Gambit

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 5 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user lowers it's HP to 1 in exchange the target loses HP equal to the amount lost"

-This is how Final Gambit should work
    Yeah, sure. Having the user faint is more just a decision rather than a balancing resort.

New Move: Pact

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The target instantly faints. The User and all Party Pokemon lose HP equal to half their max HP if the target faints"

-If Pact doesn't work due to Protect or Detect, then Pact will fail and the target will not faint. If the Target fails to faint due to Focus Sash, Focus Band, uses endure or sturdy activates then the User and all Party Pokemon do not lose half their max HP.
    Eh, I'm a bit iffy on this. An instant KO is extremely powerful, regardless of the drawback. This move would probably be put under the one-hit KO clause.

New Move: Exchange

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user switches place with the target for 2-4 Turns"

-Basically you select a Pokemon on your opponents or your side and the user of the move switches places with them. If the target or the user of the move fainted before the turns were up then the Pokemon return to it's respective trainer in the place the other Pokemon was in battle. If Exchange is used before the Target moves in battle then the Target will still use it's move selected by it's trainer. Yes, you can switch an exchanged Pokemon, that Pokemon can stay in your party until 2-4 turns is up or the other exchanged Pokemon has fainted. You cannot use Exchange on a Pokemon that is being affected by Exchange. During Story Mode if the trainer does not have enough badges the Exchanged Pokemon has a chance to not listen to them.

Example
    Intro: Trainer 1 sent out Audino, Trainer 2 sent out Arcanine.
    Turn 1: Audino used Exchange, Audino and Arcanine have switched places, Arcanine used Bite, Turn End.
    Turn 2: Trainer 2 withdrew Audino, Trainer 2 sent out Ferrothorn, Arcanine used Flamethrower, Ferrothorn Fainted, Turn End.
    Turn 3: Trainer 2 sent out Golduck, Golduck used Surf, Arcanine Fainted, Audino is returned to trainer 1, Turn Ends.
    Flavorfully, this makes no sense. The Audino and the Arcanine in the example basically switch trainers. The opposing trainer probably wouldn't have the skill to command a Pokémon that isn't theirs, nor would the Pokémon itself obey the commands of a person that isn't their trainer.

By definition, a trainer loses a battle if each of the Pokémon they bring with them to the battle faint. Similarly by definition, a trainer wins a battle if they defeat each of their opponent's Pokémon using a team comprised of Pokémon brought with them. Now, I'm aware you say that the exchange ends when a Pokémon faints, but the "Poké Ball throwback" is considered a between-turn action (like poison and burn), which aren't checked at the very end of a match.

In other words, Trainer 1 who brought with him A, B, C, D, E, and F is against Trainer 2 with G, H, I, J, K, and L. If A, B, C, D, E, G, H, I, J, and K have all fainted, then F and L are sent out. F and L are exchanged, then L faints. But then what happens? Trainer 2 can't win, since not all six Pokémon that he had at the end were his own; trainer 1 can't lose, since not all six Pokémon that he had at the end were his own, either.

Eh, I'm a bit iffy on this. An instant KO is extremely powerful, regardless of the drawback. This move would probably be put under the one-hit KO clause.
    This ones a bit different though. Essentially the user can only really use it 1 time because if they use it a second all their Pokemon would faint. Of course there are ways around this but for the most part the average amount of times this would be successful is once.

Flavorfully, this makes no sense. The Audino and the Arcanine in the example basically switch trainers. The opposing trainer probably wouldn't have the skill to command a Pokémon that isn't theirs, nor would the Pokémon itself obey the commands of a person that isn't their trainer.

By definition, a trainer loses a battle if each of the Pokémon they bring with them to the battle faint. Similarly by definition, a trainer wins a battle if they defeat each of their opponent's Pokémon using a team comprised of Pokémon brought with them. Now, I'm aware you say that the exchange ends when a Pokémon faints, but the "Poké Ball throwback" is considered a between-turn action (like poison and burn), which aren't checked at the very end of a match.

In other words, Trainer 1 who brought with him A, B, C, D, E, and F is against Trainer 2 with G, H, I, J, K, and L. If A, B, C, D, E, G, H, I, J, and K have all fainted, then F and L are sent out. F and L are exchanged, then L faints. But then what happens? Trainer 2 can't win, since not all six Pokémon that he had at the end were his own; trainer 1 can't lose, since not all six Pokémon that he had at the end were his own, either.
    Yes exactly, so if they each have only one Pokemon left and one used Exchange and used the opponents Pokemon to beat their own Pokemon then the Opponent has won the match. That's what makes this move so complex, fun and it can benefit both sides

This ones a bit different though. Essentially the user can only really use it 1 time because if they use it a second all their Pokemon would faint. Of course there are ways around this but for the most part the average amount of times this would be successful is once.
    Of course, even with the accuracy and type restrictions of the majority of one-hit KO moves, they're still banned because they rely on luck that the opponent can't do anything about (much like evasion boosts).

Yes exactly, so if they each have only one Pokemon left and one used Exchange and used the opponents Pokemon to beat their own Pokemon then the Opponent has won the match. That's what makes this move so complex, fun and it can benefit both sides
    That's exactly what I'm saying can't work. A trainer wins a Pokémon match if and only if their team (of up to six Pokémon that belongs to that trainer) defeats the opponent's team (again, of up to six Pokémon that belong to that trainer). The fact that one trainer wins with a team that consists of one Pokémon that doesn't belong to them makes it not work.

I probably wasn't clear when I posted how the mechanic doesn't work. For example, trainer 1 has A, B, C, D, E, and F; trainer 2 has G, H, I, J, K, and L:

Turn 0: Trainer 1 sends out A, trainer 2 sends out G.
    Turn 1: A (controlled by trainer 1) uses Exchange on G (controlled by trainer 2). G (now controlled by trainer 1) uses Will-o-Wisp, burning A (now controlled by trainer 2). Turn ends.
    Between-turns: A is hurt by its burn.
    Turn 2: G(1) uses Tackle, fainting A(2). Turn ends.
    Between-turns: Trainer 2 is given back control of G, whereas trainer 1 is given back control of A. B is switched in, substituting A.

Between-turns: Trainer 1 sends out F(1), trainer 2 sends out L(2). Both of them are on their last Pokémon.
    Turn 16: F(1) uses Exchange on L(2). L(1) uses whatever on F(2). Turn ends.
    Between-turns: Nothing happens.
    Turn 17: F(2) uses Draco Meteor on L(1), fainting L(1). F(2)'s Sp. Atk harshly falls. Turn ends.
    -> This is the point where, under normal circumstances, a player would win and their opponent would lose. However, since between-turn actions aren't checked between the last turn and this point, the exchange back (like the one that happens at the between-turns period between turns 2 and 3 above) can't happen. This means that trainer 1 can't get back F, and trainer 2 can't get back L, meaning that neither can win nor lose since they never get back the Pokémon that they originally started the battle with.

But then, you may ask, why can't you just change it so that between-turn actions are checked between the last turn of the game and when a trainer wins?
    If they were checked, then that would bring up some extremely confusing scenarios. For example:

Between turn 28 and turn 29: Pikachu is poisoned, and is now at 1/256 HP. The foe's Yanma is at 3/150 HP.
    Turn 29: Pikachu uses Thundershock on Yanma, fainting it. Turn ends.
    Between-turns: Pikachu is hurt by poison. Pikachu takes 16 damage and faints.
    -> Who would lose? Would the Yanma's trainer lose since it fainted first? Or would the Pikachu's trainer lose since it technically fainted afterward? This situation isn't like Explosion where the Exploder automatically is deemed to have lost since Explosion damage isn't always guaranteed (against a Ghost-type, for example), so you can't say that the Pokémon that faints first (Yanma) automatically loses.

That's exactly what I'm saying can't work. A trainer wins a Pokémon match if and only if their team (of up to six Pokémon that belongs to that trainer) defeats the opponent's team (again, of up to six Pokémon that belong to that trainer). The fact that one trainer wins with a team that consists of one Pokémon that doesn't belong to them makes it not work.

I probably wasn't clear when I posted how the mechanic doesn't work. For example, trainer 1 has A, B, C, D, E, and F; trainer 2 has G, H, I, J, K, and L:

Turn 0: Trainer 1 sends out A, trainer 2 sends out G.
    Turn 1: A (controlled by trainer 1) uses Exchange on G (controlled by trainer 2). G (now controlled by trainer 1) uses Will-o-Wisp, burning A (now controlled by trainer 2). Turn ends.
    Between-turns: A is hurt by its burn.
    Turn 2: G(1) uses Tackle, fainting A(2). Turn ends.
    Between-turns: Trainer 2 is given back control of G, whereas trainer 1 is given back control of A. B is switched in, substituting A.

Between-turns: Trainer 1 sends out F(1), trainer 2 sends out L(2). Both of them are on their last Pokémon.
    Turn 16: F(1) uses Exchange on L(2). L(1) uses whatever on F(2). Turn ends.
    Between-turns: Nothing happens.
    Turn 17: F(2) uses Draco Meteor on L(1), fainting L(1). F(2)'s Sp. Atk harshly falls. Turn ends.
    -> This is the point where, under normal circumstances, a player would win and their opponent would lose. However, since between-turn actions aren't checked between the last turn and this point, the exchange back (like the one that happens at the between-turns period between turns 2 and 3 above) can't happen. This means that trainer 1 can't get back F, and trainer 2 can't get back L, meaning that neither can win nor lose since they never get back the Pokémon that they originally started the battle with.

But then, you may ask, why can't you just change it so that between-turn actions are checked between the last turn of the game and when a trainer wins?
    If they were checked, then that would bring up some extremely confusing scenarios. For example:

Between turn 28 and turn 29: Pikachu is poisoned, and is now at 1/256 HP. The foe's Yanma is at 3/150 HP.
    Turn 29: Pikachu uses Thundershock on Yanma, fainting it. Turn ends.
    Between-turns: Pikachu is hurt by poison. Pikachu takes 16 damage and faints.
    -> Who would lose? Would the Yanma's trainer lose since it fainted first? Or would the Pikachu's trainer lose since it technically fainted afterward? This situation isn't like Explosion where the Exploder automatically is deemed to have lost since Explosion damage isn't always guaranteed (against a Ghost-type, for example), so you can't say that the Pokémon that faints first (Yanma) automatically loses.
    My brain hurts :/

when I thought of the move it was not this complicated lol

I guess it can't work then. Though technically the opponent would use your pokemon to help you win but my question is: Why is the trainer can't use their opponent's Pokemon and win the match? I mean they still won does it really matter how? or with what?

Page 32 of 88 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435364282 ... LastLast