Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    My brain hurts :/

when I thought of the move it was not this complicated lol

I guess it can't work then. Though technically the opponent would use your pokemon to help you win but my question is: Why is the trainer can't use their opponent's Pokemon and win the match? I mean they still won does it really matter how? or with what?
    No, I guess it doesn't. But it doesn't fit the definition of a win that a trainer would like (an earned win), since it was a win where they used their opponent's Pokémon and not their own. :/

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Give flygon quiver dance to give it a much needed upgrade.

And give Rhyperior an increased special defence/give curse a special defence boost as well as attack and defence.

I have claimed Quagsire the king of the marsh!!!

Today I'm going to look into the fantastic Tri bird Pokemon: Dodrio. I'm just gonna put a set of changes that would set itself from different birds
        Spoiler:- Dodrio:

So too overkill? Or just enough?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Give flygon quiver dance to give it a much needed upgrade.
    Agreed. Special Flygon is pretty unexpected, but really needs the power boost you can get from Quiver Dance.

Drill Beak (Fighting)
    PP: 15/Power: 85/Accuracy: 95/Category: Physical
    The user drills a sharp beak into the foe and may cause it to flinch (30%).
    Distribution: Every flying type that has a visible beak, so no Farferch'd Pelipper
    Kills pretty much steel and rock... Nothing much to say, what flying type needs for a LONG time.
    I'd put the Base Power at 80 and the accuracy up to 100. Basically a Fighting type Iron Head that a ton of Flying types get. Flying types definitely need a well distributed Fighting attack. Flying+Fighting hits everything at least neutrally apart from Rotom, Zapdos and 3 other type combos that haven't been made yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Better than Quiver Dance, give it Tinted Lens!

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Better than Quiver Dance, give it Tinted Lens!
    A Dragon/Ground type with Tinted Lens? Well, actually, since Flygon's STABs are so good that most of his counters beat him through their sheer defensive prowess, like Gligar or Slowbro. Only Bronzong handles him through the use of resistances. Still, it can throw off free unresisted Banded Outrages whenever it wants.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    A Dragon/Ground type with Tinted Lens? Well, actually, since Flygon's STABs are so good that most of his counters beat him through their sheer defensive prowess, like Gligar or Slowbro. Only Bronzong handles him through the use of resistances. Still, it can throw off free unresisted Banded Outrages whenever it wants.
    That is true, it could just use Roost for healing while U-Turn for scouting as well along with Outrage. Heck both Quiver Dance and Tinted lens together would allow it to throw unresisted Draco Meteors too!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Do you mean wrong as in it's overpowered, or wrong as in how it jumps from 30% to 100% from five stages to six stages?
    i mean how it jumps from 30% to 100%. it could just steadily increase by 10 percent for every 1 stage of a boost the foe has. so if volcarona used quiver dance 4 times, it would always be frozen.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I'm not a huge fan of Snow Cloak due to the evasion boost in hail. For a non-DW ability, I approve.
    Yeah Snow Cloak is a pain because it is a legit way of bypassing Smogon's evasion clause. Also, why a non-DW ability? Just curious, because that's where I was coming from with the idea, unless GF decides to give out new abilities to Pokemon in new generations, outside of DW. I guess it would restrict breeding and all, so a way to give Pokemon new abilities only accessible in that game and up outside of DW would be pretty neat.
    Currently semi-active until Early-Mid January 2013 due to being busy as a Programmer and all. If you would like to speak to me before that time, send me a PM VM or email. Until then... "Smell ya later !" ~Gary Oak

New move: Fireball Slide
    Power: 75
    Accuracy: 95
    Catagory: Special
    Priority: 0
    PP: 15

The user shows a myriad of Fireballs at the opponent. It may make the opponent flinch!

Works like Rock Slide in doubles and triples where it hits both pokemon at once!

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Today I'm going to look into the fantastic Tri bird Pokemon: Dodrio. I'm just gonna put a set of changes that would set itself from different birds

Concentration (Psychic)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status
    The user concentrates and develop a rhythm between the three heads that drastically boost Attack (3 stages)
    Distribution: Dodrio, Magnezone, Magneton
    Op? Nah, considering the bad distributions. Magnezone only has like 70 base attack so it'd still run special And it has a crappy physical movepool.
    It seems alright. The move itself seems a bit overpowered, but its low distribution (similar to Tail Glow's) makes it acceptable.

Drill Beak (Fighting)
    PP: 15/Power: 85/Accuracy: 95/Category: Physical
    The user drills a sharp beak into the foe and may cause it to flinch (30%).
    Distribution: Every flying type that has a visible beak, so no Farferch'd Pelipper
    Kills pretty much steel and rock... Nothing much to say, what flying type needs for a LONG time.
    Yeah, a Steel Wing-esque Fighting-type move! I like the move, but it seems a bit too powerful (base power-wise) at 85 base power. Maybe make it like Iron Head (80 base power, 100 accuracy)?

Rush (Normal)
    PP: 15/Power: 90/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical
    The user rushes into the foe at a high speed and may raise the users speed (30%).
    Distribution: Doduo Line, basically mon that can't fly and have high speed (I look at u Pika)
    A lesser Return... But has a neat side effect :3
    Sure. It's like Charge Beam, but sacrificing secondary effect chance for power.

Give it a SDWA (Second Dream World Ability)
    Sheer Force... Turns it into a monster
    So I'm not the only one who wants Pokémon to have access to more abilities? Awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i mean how it jumps from 30% to 100%. it could just steadily increase by 10 percent for every 1 stage of a boost the foe has. so if volcarona used quiver dance 4 times, it would always be frozen.
    Personally, I feel as though 10 stages netting a guaranteed freeze just doesn't seem right, since stat boosts are based on the number 6 and not 10. I think that needing the foe to get 10 stat boosts just to reap the full benefit of Wild Frost makes the move's strategy seem a bit too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Oak! View Post
    Yeah Snow Cloak is a pain because it is a legit way of bypassing Smogon's evasion clause. Also, why a non-DW ability? Just curious, because that's where I was coming from with the idea, unless GF decides to give out new abilities to Pokemon in new generations, outside of DW. I guess it would restrict breeding and all, so a way to give Pokemon new abilities only accessible in that game and up outside of DW would be pretty neat.
    Yeah, I assumed Snow Cloak was a second regular ability since Froslass doesn't have one. But I wouldn't mind seeing Pokémon getting five abilities (two regular abilities, two toggled regular abilities, and one Dream World ability), which I talked about in an earlier post.

New move: Fireball Slide
    Power: 75
    Accuracy: 95
    Catagory: Special
    Priority: 0
    PP: 15

The user shows a myriad of Fireballs at the opponent. It may make the opponent flinch!

Works like Rock Slide in doubles and triples where it hits both pokemon at once!
    Seems alright. Fire Punch has 75 power and 100 accuracy, hits one Pokémon, and has a 10% chance to burn. I'm assuming this would also have a 10% chance to flinch, and sacrificing 5% accuracy doesn't seem enough of a drawback for the ability to hit multiple Pokémon. Maybe 90 accuracy?

Fireball Slide is intended to be a special and a fire variant of Rock Slide, yes

Toggleable Ability
    This is an idea I posted a few pages back then. So I'll just bring it up again. Anyways, the Pokemon practically can have two abilities at the same time :3. Before people start shouting op, it won't be like something like Garachomp + Sheer Force or anything like that. Nooo! So when this Toggleable ability is in effect, the normal ability is still there.

Don't understand? Here's an example using Flareon,
    Avid Charger: All charge type moves recieve. 20% boost every turn if used continuously.
    Turn 1: Flareon uses Flame Charge at 50 B.P, Squirtle uses Bite. Turn Ends
    Turn 2: Flareon uses Flame charge, avid charger is activated, damage increased to 60 B.P
    Turn 3: Squirtle uses Protect, Flareons Flame Charge combo gets reset.

So while avid charger is activated, the other, normal ability still remains but it won't be op, something small like avid charger, i guess

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Toggleable Ability
    This is an idea I posted a few pages back then. So I'll just bring it up again. Anyways, the Pokemon practically can have two abilities at the same time :3. Before people start shouting op, it won't be like something like Garachomp + Sheer Force or anything like that. Nooo! So when this Toggleable ability is in effect, the normal ability is still there.

Don't understand? Here's an example using Flareon,
    Avid Charger: All charge type moves recieve. 20% boost every turn if used continuously.
    Turn 1: Flareon uses Flame Charge at 50 B.P, Squirtle uses Bite. Turn Ends
    Turn 2: Flareon uses Flame charge, avid charger is activated, damage increased to 60 B.P
    Turn 3: Squirtle uses Protect, Flareons Flame Charge combo gets reset.

So while avid charger is activated, the other, normal ability still remains but it won't be op, something small like avid charger, i guess
    Bronzong being able to have both Levitate and Heatproof at the same time would be extremely powerful. It'd practically not even need a reliable recovery move, since its defensive stats are so good.

Whether or not this mechanic is overpowered really depends on what the second abilities of each Pokémon are. Without knowing that, the mechanic is almost impossible to judge properly.

Anyway, my idea of toggling abilities is that each ability slot has an on or off "switch". For example, Chinchou has Volt Absorb and Illuminate as its regular abilities. If the player brings a Chinchou with Volt Absorb to a certain NPC, it'll toggle its ability from Volt Absorb to something like Motor Drive, and vice-versa; if the Chinchou has Illuminate and is brought to that NPC, it would toggle its ability from Illuminate to Hydration or something. That way, the Pokémon would be able to have more choices for abilities while not actually having two abilities at the same time.

New move: Entry Take
    Power: none
    Accuracy: 90
    Priority:0
    PP: 10
    Type: Psychic

The user makes the opponent skip up and down, taking entry hazard damage for 2-3 turns!

Not sure if broken!

The user makes the opponent skip up and down, taking entry hazard damage for 2-3 turns!

Not sure if broken!
    It could be if used with Stealth Rocks and SR weak pokes.

Not sure if broken!
    I'm assuming entry hazard damage is done after every turn like poison and burn, right?
    Forcing the foe to take entry hazard damage once is already extremely good. Making the foe have to take entry hazard damage for two or three turns in a row is pretty broken.
    Also, "skip up and down"? I don't understand what that means... :/

I'm assuming entry hazard damage is done after every turn like poison and burn, right?
    Forcing the foe to take entry hazard damage once is already extremely good. Making the foe have to take entry hazard damage for two or three turns in a row is pretty broken.
    Also, "skip up and down"? I don't understand what that means... :/
    I couldn't think of a better description :/ plus the accuracy could be lowered a bit I guess

I couldn't think of a better description :/ plus the accuracy could be lowered a bit I guess
    I don't really know how else to put it, other than changing the effect to make re-entry instantaneous.

Making it have less accuracy doesn't really cut it, as you could get lucky and just nab a KO even with a pathetic 55% accuracy or something.
    Forcing the user to recharge next turn doesn't really seem flavorfully right, either. And the move would be pretty weak at that point, too. :/

New Move:

Pitfall
    Type: Ground
    Power: --
    Acc: --

Flavor: the user places a pitfall under the enemy's team. it does more damage the heavier the foe.

entry hazard that does more damage the heavier the foe is.

Weight Damage
    Under 10kg
    Under 22lbs 1/32

10.1kg - 25kg
    22.1lbs - 55lbs 1/16

25.1kg - 50kg
    55.1lbs - 110lbs 1/8

50.1kg - 100kg
    110.1lbs - 220lbs 1/4

100.1kg - anthing higher.
    220.1lbs - anything higher. 1/3

the damage only increases to 1/3 because 1/2 would be too powerful.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Concentration (Psychic)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status
    The user concentrates and develop a rhythm between the three heads that drastically boost Attack (3 stages)
    Distribution: Dodrio, Magnezone, Magneton
    Op? Nah, considering the bad distributions. Magnezone only has like 70 base attack so it'd still run special And it has a crappy physical movepool.
    This should be given to most Pokemon that learn Tri-Attack, right? Maybe not Porygon, but EVERYTHING with three heads?
    If it is, it'd be overpowered.

Hydregion? Now the best mixed sweeper. With physical moves that aren't effected by Draco Meteor...whoa.

Dugtrio uses it's attack stat. That would be overpowered with it's Earthquake, high speed, and Arena Trap. Along with Focus Sash, it'll take anything down that doesn't have priority, and some stuff that does!

I do love the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    New Move:

Pitfall
    Type: Ground
    Power: --
    Acc: --

Flavor: the user places a pitfall under the enemy's team. it does more damage the heavier the foe.

entry hazard that does more damage the heavier the foe is.

Weight Damage
    Under 10kg
    Under 22lbs 1/32

10.1kg - 25kg
    22.1lbs - 55lbs 1/16

25.1kg - 50kg
    55.1lbs - 110lbs 1/8

50.1kg - 100kg
    110.1lbs - 220lbs 1/4

100.1kg - anthing higher.
    220.1lbs - anything higher. 1/3

the damage only increases to 1/3 because 1/2 would be too powerful.
    That actually seems pretty good. But I'd increase the necessary weight for each increment somewhat, like Low Kick.

New Move: Oracle Dance

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 20 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user performs a foretelling dance that boosts its Sp.Attack and Speed stat."

- Oracle Dance stage boost is dependent on how much damage the attack targeting the user does.
    • Not targeted by a damaging move: 1 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does x0 damage: 1 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does x1/4 damage: 1 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does x1/2 damage: 1 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does Normal damage: 1 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does x2 damage: 2 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does x4 damage: 3 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.

Example:
    Turn 0: Trainer 1 sent out Alakazam, Trainer 2 sent out Umbreon. Turn ends
    Between Turns: Trianer 1 selected Oracle Dance for Alakazam, Trainer 2 selected Dark Pulse for Umbreon.
    Turn 1: Alakazam used Oracle Dance, Alakazam Sp.Attack and Speed rose sharply, Umbreon used Dark Pulse, Turn End.

Distibution: Psychic Type Pokemon, Absol, and Pokemon that can see the future.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New Move: Oracle Dance

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 20 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user performs a foretelling dance that may boosts its Sp.Attack and Speed stat. "

- Oracle Dance stage boost is dependent on how much damage the attack targeting the user does.
    • Not targeted by a damaging move: 1 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does 0 damage: 1 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does 1/4 damage: 1 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does 1/2 damage: 1 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does Normal damage: 1 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does x2 damage: 2 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.
    • Targeted by a move that does x4 damage: 3 stage Speed and Sp.Attack raise.

Example:
    Turn 0: Trainer 1 sent out Alakazam, Trainer 2 sent out Umbreon. Turn ends
    Between Turns: Trianer 1 selected Oracle Dance for Alakazam, Trainer 2 selected Dark Pulse for Umbreon.
    Turn 1: Alakazam used Oracle Dance, Alakazam Sp.Attack and Speed rose sharply, Umbreon used Dark Pulse, Turn End.
    For a move to be able to grants its user a +6 stat increase is fairly broken. Being targeted by a move that takes advantage of a quad-weakness often isn't enough to justify that many stat boosts.

Other than that, there are two main issues with this move:
    - What if the user uses Oracle Dance after its already been hit by a move?
    - Whether or not a move will be super effective on the user of Oracle Dance isn't determined until that move is actually executed. For example, Flamethrower on a Bulbasaur isn't actually registered as super effective until the game actually sees that Flamethrower is going to be used. This is because type-altering moves and abilities (such as Soak, Conversion, and Color Change) may have been used previously in the turn before the move actually hits the Pokémon.

(And by the way, move selection isn't considered to be either between-turns or within a turn, but rather separate from them. What happens in a turn includes things like moves and switching out, whereas between-turn actions consist of things like poison, burn, and sand damage, along with things like Rain Dish and Moody.)

For a move to be able to grants its user a +6 stat increase is fairly broken. Being targeted by a move that takes advantage of a quad-weakness often isn't enough to justify that many stat boosts.
    Not really because whether the move after of before they are still taking super effective damage which most likely would knock them out. So the chances of them surviving an encounter to benefit from that potential +6 is slim to none. Not broken at all.

- What if the user uses Oracle Dance after its already been hit by a move?
    The user still gets the gets the stat increase regardless of after or before

- Whether or not a move will be super effective on the user of Oracle Dance isn't determined until that move is actually executed. For example, Flamethrower on a Bulbasaur isn't actually registered as super effective until the game actually sees that Flamethrower is going to be used. This is because type-altering moves and abilities (such as Soak, Conversion, and Color Change) may have been used previously in the turn before the move actually hits the Pokémon.
    I think you are referring to Double Battles and Triple Battles for this, correct? Because in a Single Battle Color Change does not take effect until after the Pokemon has been hit, Soak is a non-attacking move so it wouldn't ever cause damage at all. Conversion is another move so if a Pokemon were to use Conversion they would not have selected Oracle Dance anyway. However the move will determine whether or not the Type is super effective while it is using it. So if say in a double battle a faster Pokemon used Soak on a Porygon and was about to use Oracle Dance and the other Pokemon of the opponent selected a Fighting Type move to attack Porygon with, Porygon will not just get a stage 1 boost in Sp.Attack and Speed.

Btw I forgot to mention it does not stack in Double or Triple battles. So say in a Double Battle both Pokemon on your opponent side target the Pokemon using Oracle Dance with a Super effective X2 move, the Pokemon will just get a +2 speed and Sp.Attack, not a +4 Speed and Sp.Attack.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Page 33 of 88 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383 ... LastLast