Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Not really because whether the move after of before they are still taking super effective damage which most likely would knock them out. So the chances of them surviving an encounter to benefit from that potential +6 is slim to none. Not broken at all.
    The stat increase having a really low chance of happening doesn't stop teams from being built around taking advantage of that +6 boost. The chance of getting a +6 boost is best compared to the chance that Sand Veil enables a Pokémon to avoid a move; small, but able to be taken advantage of.

I think you are referring to Double Battles and Triple Battles for this, correct? Because in a Single Battle Color Change does not take effect until after the Pokemon has been hit, Soak is a non-attacking move so it wouldn't ever cause damage at all. Conversion is another move so if a Pokemon were to use Conversion they would not have selected Oracle Dance anyway. However the move will determine whether or not the Type is super effective while it is using it. So if say in a double battle a faster Pokemon used Soak on a Porygon and was about to use Oracle Dance and the other Pokemon of the opponent selected a Fighting Type move to attack Porygon with, Porygon will not just get a stage 1 boost in Sp.Attack and Speed.
    So if a Pikachu is Soaked by its partner (turning the Pikachu Water-type), and then its opponent uses Thunderbolt on the Pikachu, and then Pikachu uses Oracle Dance, what stat boosts will the Pikachu get?

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    The stat increase having a really low chance of happening doesn't stop teams from being built around taking advantage of that +6 boost. The chance of getting a +6 boost is best compared to the chance that Sand Veil enables a Pokémon to avoid a move; small, but able to be taken advantage of.
    Exactly, it's small. Broken would be if they could easily get that +6 net boost rather quickly without repercussions. Heck Tail Glow and Cotton Guard get a +3 and without repercussions too. So if my move is broken then they are just plain unfair lol

Not to mention the distribution of the move as I stated would be Psychic Types and Absol for the most part. Psychic Types are known to be notoriously frail, Absol is frail as well.

So if a Pikachu is Soaked by its partner (turning the Pikachu Water-type), and then its opponent uses Thunderbolt on the Pikachu, and then Pikachu uses Oracle Dance, what stat boosts will the Pikachu get?
    Pikachu would get a +2 Speed and Sp.Attack boost.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Exactly, it's small. Broken would be if they could easily get that +6 net boost rather quickly without repercussions. Heck Tail Glow and Cotton Guard get a +3 and without repercussions too
    Perhaps "broken" wasn't the best word to describe the move; more like "easily abused". Sand Veil is a ban suspect, and since both Sand Veil and Oracle Dance rely on this small chance to reap a huge benefit, it'd be likely that Oracle Dance would be a ban suspect, too.

Not to mention the distribution of the move as I stated would be Psychic Types and Absol for the most part. Psychic Types are known to be notoriously frail, Absol is frail as well.
    The move being a signature move, such as Magma Storm for Heatran or V-Create Victini, is what allows the move to be extremely powerful. A type-wide distribution of a move doesn't do the move any favors when it comes to balancing, unfortunately. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Digletto View Post
    This should be given to most Pokemon that learn Tri-Attack, right? Maybe not Porygon, but EVERYTHING with three heads?
    If it is, it'd be overpowered.

Hydregion? Now the best mixed sweeper. With physical moves that aren't effected by Draco Meteor...whoa.

Dugtrio uses it's attack stat. That would be overpowered with it's Earthquake, high speed, and Arena Trap. Along with Focus Sash, it'll take anything down that doesn't have priority, and some stuff that does!

I do love the idea
    Nah won't be that op-ed. The only distribution are Dodrio and Magneton/Magnezone. I wasn't actually surprised to hear a question like this so I came with a counter

Dugtrio's head are joint together, unlike heads in Dodrio, they're just likE Diglett that got stuck together, of course, I dunno what's underneath so yeah :P

If I remember correctly, Hydreigon's other heads aren't used to think and just bite randomly, acting more like arms than heads :3

@Wishing Star: The Toggleable abilities wouldn't be op. Flareons one is considered a good one, so I guess you can base them off Flareon. And remember, some Toggleable abilities CAN be double too!

Here's one I thought up of
    Conductor - Conducts super effective fire type moves to the ally and prevents it from taking damage.
    Zen Defense - When the Pokemon is hit continuously by the same attack on the second turn, it will take 10% less damage every turn.

Oh yeah, DW Pokemon gets a different Toggleable ability (for some). Zen Defense, as the name suggest, is restricted to only Zen Mode Darmantian so no Zen Defense for Sheer Force ones.

And here is my new status ailment, as well as new attacks
        Spoiler:- brr....:

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    New Status: Frosted
    - There is a 50% chance that the Pokemon is immobilized. When a Pokemon is frosted, its speed will be cut by 50%.
    - Pokemon with Magma Armor will be immune to being frosted.
    - It will be defrosted when hit by a fire attack. It has a 30% chance to melt every turn and can last from 2 ~ 5 turns. In harsh sunlight, the status disappears immediately.
    You know, this seems incredibly similar to a nerfed Paralyze, only difference being that Paralyze doesn't just wear off, doesn't dissapear in weather, and that Paralyzation has a 25% chance of immobilizing, and actually, having two status ailments of the same type would be a bit too good for Ice Types.

Anyway, got a move.

Flee
    Type: Normal
    Category: Status
    Base Power: --
    Accuracy: --
    Target: Self
    Priority: 0
    Effect: Ok, this one's a bit unique, so it'll need explaining.
    Speed+1 if the opponent has no positive Attack/Sp. Attack modifiers.

Speed+2 if the opponent has positive modifiers as Attack/Sp. Attack +2 modifiers, or the opponent has +1 modifiers used in both Attack and Sp. Attack.

Speed+3 if the opponent has +4 modifiers in Attack/Sp. Attack, or if the opponent has both Attack and Sp. Attack +2.

Speed+4 if the opponent has +6 modifiers in Attack/Sp. Attack, or if the opponent has both Attack and Sp. Attack +3.

Speed+5 if the opponent has both Attack and Sp. Attack +5.

Speed+6 if the opponent has both Attack and Sp. Attack +6.

They cannot be stacked; if the user uses the move again after already using this move once before switching, it will have no effect.

Understand? Well, what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    You know, this seems incredibly similar to a nerfed Paralyze, only difference being that Paralyze doesn't just wear off, doesn't dissapear in weather, and that Paralyzation has a 25% chance of immobilizing, and actually, having two status ailments of the same type would be a bit too good for Ice Types.

Anyway, got a move.

Flee

Speed+2 if the opponent has positive modifiers as Attack/Sp. Attack +2 modifiers, or the opponent has +1 modifiers used in both Attack and Sp. Attack.

Speed+3 if the opponent has +4 modifiers in Attack/Sp. Attack, or if the opponent has both Attack and Sp. Attack +2.

Speed+4 if the opponent has +6 modifiers in Attack/Sp. Attack, or if the opponent has both Attack and Sp. Attack +3.

They cannot be stacked; if the user uses the move again after already using this move once before switching, it will have no effect.

Btw you missed out the PP and typing... Though its not as important as in attacks :P
    Well I'm just going to say that your chance of living after a +6 is low. Unless its belly drum of course :3 anyways, it's practically impossible to get +6 on atk AND spatk since few run mixed and work up is such a horrible boost. Bt other wise, me likes.

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting I wanted to post this...
    New Attack
    Volt Drain
    PP: 15/Power: 90/Accuracy: 95/Category: Special
    The user steals energy from the foe, healing up to 50% of the damage dealt.
    I have made it so that only an evolution line (fanbased) gets it. But yeah... Giga Drain with similar coverages... :3

ASB Squad

Btw you missed out the PP and typing... Though its not as important as in attacks :P
    Well I'm just going to say that your chance of living after a +6 is low. Unless its belly drum of course :3 anyways, it's practically impossible to get +6 on atk AND spatk since few run mixed and work up is such a horrible boost. Bt other wise, me likes.
    Well, making it near impossible was the point of it, so it wouldn't be abused too much. And typing is there, just not bolded, and yeah, forgot Base PP, should be 15 though.

Move: Shove
    Type: Dark
    PP: 15
    Power: 85
    Accuracy: 95
    Description: Charges at the enemy using its speed.
    Detail: the higher the user's speed, the bigger the damage
    Final Chapter: 38: Mountain's Edge(Click the Banner above)

@Wishing Star: The Toggleable abilities wouldn't be op. Flareons one is considered a good one, so I guess you can base them off Flareon. And remember, some Toggleable abilities CAN be double too!
    Not in my continuity of custom battle mechanics. :P

Here's one I thought up of
    Conductor - Conducts super effective fire type moves to the ally and prevents it from taking damage.
    Zen Defense - When the Pokemon is hit continuously by the same attack on the second turn, it will take 10% less damage every turn.
    Conductor - Why doesn't it attract Fire-type moves from foes, too? A conductor conducts anything that it's meant to conduct, not just a certain range of those things.
    Zen Defense - This seems fine. But 10% should be changed to x0.9 of the previous move's damage, since 10 consecutive uses of a move would otherwise mean 0% damage.

Oh yeah, DW Pokemon gets a different Toggleable ability (for some). Zen Defense, as the name suggest, is restricted to only Zen Mode Darmantian so no Zen Defense for Sheer Force ones.
    Since in your continuity of custom move mechanics, toggle abilities are stacked and not replaced, Zen Darmanitan would get both Zen Mode and Zen Defense, which would make it an extremely good tank, right? Or am I thinking about this incorrectly?

And here is my new status ailment, as well as new attacks

New Status: Frosted
    - There is a 50% chance that the Pokemon is immobilized. When a Pokemon is frosted, its speed will be cut by 50%.
    - Pokemon with Magma Armor will be immune to being frosted.
    - It will be defrosted when hit by a fire attack. It has a 30% chance to melt every turn and can last from 2 ~ 5 turns. In harsh sunlight, the status disappears immediately.
    Uhh, the freeze status exists already. Maybe it'd be better with another name or something.

New attacks!
    Frost Tempest (Ice)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 90/Category: Status
    The user traps the foe in an icy tempest, giving a guaranteed chance of frostening the foe.

Chilly Wind (Ice)
    PP: 15/Power: 70/Accuracy: 100/Category: Specia
    The user lets loose a powerful, chilling icy wind that hits all the opponents on the field. It has a 30% chance of causing frost.

Frost Slash (Ice)
    PP: 5/Power: 100/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical
    The user slashes at the foe with a icy swing, giving a 30% chance to cause frost on the foe. (Kyuerum's sig)

So far that's it
    Frost Tempest - The "frosted" mechanic seems like paralysis with less Speed penalty but more immobilization penalty. Not being able to move for a turn is much more severe than a Speed cut. The move should probably have less accuracy because of this.

Chilly Wind - An Ice-type Scald that hits more but has less power. Seems alright.

Frost Slash - Also seems alright. The fact that it's a signature move makes the power-accuracy ratio acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkac View Post
    Flee

Moves like this are pretty much going to be abused all the time. The fact that a relatively slow Pokémon can use this on the same turn that the foe sets up makes the relatively slow Pokémon able to move first on the next turn and potentially faint the foe. I personally believe that the move is easily breakable.

Quote Originally Posted by jireh the provider View Post
    Move: Shove
    Type: Dark
    PP: 15
    Power: 85
    Accuracy: 95
    Description: Charges at the enemy using its speed.
    Detail: the higher the user's speed, the bigger the damage
    Moves can't have Speed-variable damage if the move has a base power. I'm assuming that the specialty of this move is that its power depends on the user's Speed, right?

It would be like a Dark version of Electro Ball yes

New Move: Burst Punch
    Type: Fighting / Power: 60 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0
    "The user punches the target at high power. The move increases in power if used consecutively."
    - The base power follows the formula 60 + 10x, where x is the number of times the move is used consecutively without interruption. For example, the first hit has 60 power, the second has 70, the third 80, etc. The base power does not cap, so if the move could potentially have 300 base power if used twenty-four times in a row (with a PP Max, of course).

Feast your eye on an powerful attacking Titan, make your mouth water in how sweep it is... It's is no other than The Volcamel (if you know what I mean), Camerupt.

Today I'm going to try and give this poor volcanic camel a big hump in usage... Like what's on its back...

So sit back and relax, I guess?

Spoiler:- Camerupt:

ASB Squad

Feast your eye on an powerful attacking Titan, make your mouth water in how sweep it is... It's is no other than The Volcamel (if you know what I mean), Camerupt.

Today I'm going to try and give this poor volcanic camel a big hump in usage... Like what's on its back...

So sit back and relax, I guess?

2nd DW Ability:
    Lava Speed: When the foe also uses priority moves, the user will always go before the foe and will do 33% more damage.
    Toggleable Ability:
    Burning Soul: All fire type move do 25% more damage on a super effective move.

Attacks
    Lava Strike (Fire)
    PP: 15/Power: 40/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special
    The user summons a scalding hot lava against the foe and will always strike first.

Duo Stomp (Fighting)
    PP: 15/Power: 20/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical
    The user stomps at the foe twice, sharply lowering the foes speed by 2 stages.
    I have one question about Lava Speed. If your opponent uses Protect and Camerupt uses something like ExtremeSpeed (via a hacked Camerupt or something, I can't think of examples of priority moves that Camerupt can learn), the Camerupt will go first? Or does it only work within the same priority (like Camerupt with 40 Speed using Quick Attack going first against a Golduck with 999 Speed using Vacuum Wave)?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    I have one question about Lava Speed. If your opponent uses Protect and Camerupt uses something like ExtremeSpeed (via a hacked Camerupt or something, I can't think of examples of priority moves that Camerupt can learn), the Camerupt will go first? Or does it only work within the same priority (like Camerupt with 40 Speed using Quick Attack going first against a Golduck with 999 Speed using Vacuum Wave)?
    Well same priority category I guess. So not only does it make a great Scizor counter, it makes a good Prankster counter too!

Well, here's my third attempt at brushing up Pokemon. This Pokemon is harder and it is banished to the depths of NU. Let me try to give it some perks that will make itself useful in RU, if not at least UU.

Prepare for this deadly flower
        Spoiler:- Sunflora:

Some changes
    - Scald becomes Fire Type (sorta like a counterpart to burning acid and solar flare, if anyone remembers...)

Hmm

ASB Squad

Well same priority category I guess. So not only does it make a great Scizor counter, it makes a good Prankster counter too!

Well, here's my third attempt at brushing up Pokemon. This Pokemon is harder and it is banished to the depths of NU. Let me try to give it some perks that will make itself useful in RU, if not at least UU.

Some changes
    - Scald becomes Fire Type (sorta like a counterpart to burning acid and solar flare, if anyone remembers...)

Hmm
    It will still suck accept it some pokemon need to suck for others to be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Some changes

Hmm
    It will still suck accept it some pokemon need to suck for others to be good.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn
    Some changes
    80 power Fire attack with a 30% chance to burn. Now where have i heard that before?

Of course Lava Plume does need much better distribution. As of now it's gone to exactly 9 different evolutionary families and Entei/Groudon don't have much use for it. Compare this to Discharge, which only Electrode and Zekrom don't get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Mind Bubble
    Psychic
    Special
    80BP
    100Acc
    The user lets out orbs of psy energy that pop on the foe. Has a 30% chance to put the Foe to sleep.

Frosticle
    Ice
    Physical
    80BP
    100Acc
    The user forces snow and ice onto the target. Has a 30% Freeze chance.

Just to finish out the 30% 80 BP moves.

so in total we have
    Lava Plume
    Scald
    Discharge
    Mind Bubble
    Frosticle

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Mind Bubble
    Psychic
    Special
    80BP
    100Acc
    The user lets out orbs of psy energy that pop on the foe. Has a 30% chance to put the Foe to sleep.

Frosticle
    Ice
    Physical
    80BP
    100Acc

so in total we have
    Lava Plume
    Scald
    Discharge
    Mind Bubble
    Frosticle
    Both are awesome, although if Meloetta got Mind Bubble, Serene Grace would work nicely

Mind Bubble
    Psychic
    Special
    80BP
    100Acc

Frosticle
    Ice
    Physical
    80BP
    100Acc

so in total we have
    Lava Plume
    Scald
    Discharge
    Mind Bubble
    Frosticle
    Mew should get Mind Bubble.

Give Milotic Calm Mind, I never understood why, it could have been the next Crocune!

Mind Bubble
    Psychic
    Special
    80BP
    100Acc

Frosticle
    Ice
    Physical
    80BP
    100Acc

so in total we have
    Lava Plume
    Scald
    Discharge
    Mind Bubble
    Frosticle
    30% freeze is too much.. freeze is quite a broken status.

well if we are at making new moves..

Hazard switch *exclusive to a few pokemons*
    Status, 5 PP, psychic

Switch all the hazard on your side of the field with those of your opponent that's would make stealth rock even less popular and make people regret spamming hazards.. it relies on the opponent so I don't think it is too broken.

You know what we really need? An Ice type with actual stats. Like Beartic with base 95 or even 100 Speed. Then he would be great, and Ice would have a pokemon worth using outside of the Kyurem forms and Abomasnow for offense.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    30% freeze is too much.. freeze is quite a broken status.

well if we are at making new moves..

Hazard switch *exclusive to a few pokemons*
    Status, 5 PP, psychic

Switch all the hazard on your side of the field with those of your opponent that's would make stealth rock even less popular and make people regret spamming hazards.. it relies on the opponent so I don't think it is too broken.
    This would be interesting, those rocks and spikes given to your opponent, plus Sigilyph could get it with its immunity to hazards with Magic Gaurd

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    You know what we really need? An Ice type with actual stats. Like Beartic with base 95 or even 100 Speed. Then he would be great, and Ice would have a pokemon worth using outside of the Kyurem forms and Abomasnow for offense.
    - Hi
    - Hi
    - Hi

Sigiliph could get it it would give it a niche in OU.

Page 34 of 88 FirstFirst ... 243031323334353637384484 ... LastLast