Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    You know what I'd really like to change? Give us female DW Torchic.

Honestly, Combusken would actually have a decent niche on Baton Pass teams if it had access to both BP and Speed Boost at the same time. It's pretty much like Ninjask, only better in virtually every way. For one thing, it's typing makes it neutral to SR instead of 4x weak. It's also surprisingly bulky with the Eviolite. A Combusken with max HP has about the equivalent defenses of an uninvested Pokemon with 92/99/99 defenses, which makes it a little bulkier than offensive Dragonite overall (not including Multiscale, of course). Sure beats the heck out of Ninjask's 61/45/50 bulk (yes, Combusken is actually bulkier than Ninjask even without the Eviolite, lol). Combusken also has a huge advantage in its ability to still remain an offensive threat. Even though its offenses are both a little lower than Ninjask's Atk stat, it has two STABs that are arguably much better than either of Ninjask's, and each STAB has moves like Fire Blast and Focus Blast that are much more powerful than X-Scissor. This allows Combusken to force quite a few switches on Pokemon like Ferrothorn (standard is OHKOd by 0 SpA Fire Blast about 88% of the time without SR), Scizor, and Forretress while getting up a Sub at the same time. Once it reaches three boosts (not hard at all if you get a Sub on a switch and use Protect), outspeeding it is almost unthinkable. Honestly, the only thing Ninjask would have over it is more initial speed, which isn't always going to be important when you can spam Sub and Protect and get your speed to ridiculous levels anyways.
    Sounds awesome, it would work exceptionally well with Baton Passing to Regigigas in the lower tiers. That aside, wonder if Blaziken getting Baton Pass and Speed Boost would affect the Ubers metagame that much.

On topic of Dream World female starters, discuss.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

New Ability!

Procrastinate
    "Doubles the Attack and Sp.Attack at the last minute"

This Ability works similar to Slow Start except it actually Doubles the stats after the Pokemon has been out during the first five turns in battle. Just as Slow Start it is reset if the Pokemon is switched out. So think of this Ability like Huge Power/Pure Power + Slow Start.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Cyber Shock (Electric)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: 100
    The user sends out a electric shock that changes the surrounding, and may confuse the foe (30%)
    Distribution: Porygon Line

Sand Spin (Rock)
    PP: 5/Power: 120/Accuracy: 60/Category: Special
    The user spins around that creates a sand tornado that is shot at the foe. Accuracy increases to 90 during a sandstorm.

Snow Slash (Ice)
    PP: 15/Power: 90/Accuracy: 85/Category: Physical
    The user slashes at the foe. There is a high critical hit chance.

Since there's too many create, here are a few changes:
    Ice Fang/Thunder Fang/Fire Fang: B.P increased to 75, Accuracy to 100
    "Never missing" BP 60 moves, additional side effects:
    Aerial Ace: Has a 30% chance to flinch.
    Faint Attack: May decrease defense by one stage (30%)
    Shadow Punch: May decrease attack by one stage (30%)
    Magnet Bomb: May decrease Special Attack by one stage (30%)
    Magical Leaf: May decrease Special Defense by one stage (30%)
    Shock Wave: May decrease Speed by one stage (30%)
    Swift: Allows user to hit ghost types using this attack.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Slow Start now reduces Attack speed to only 66% of the norm.

Let's face it, Slow Start makes Regigigas quite possibly the worst of all legendaries. Halving its stats means that it's effectively got Base 50-something Attack and worse Speed than Snorlax and it has no recovery moves at all to allow it to stall. 66% attack gives it an Attack comparable to Jolly Infernape and Speed hovering just under neutral natured Tyranitar, which means it's at least mildly threatening before Slow Start ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Three new attacks... All exclusive!

Phoenix Call (Normal)
    PP: 15/Power: 90/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special
    The user lets loose a divine call that may lower the foe's special defense by a stage (30%)
    Distribution: Moltres,Articuno and Zapdos

Noble Roar (Normal)
    The user roars nobly and inflicts damage, it may drag out the next Pokemon (10%)
    Distribution: Legendary dogs

Spirit Link (Psychic)
    The user sharpens its spirit and lets loose a psychic wave that will always hit nuetral. May boost special attack by one stage (30%).
    Distribution: Legendary lake trio

New Items:
    Lucky Charm: Raises the chance of secondary effects happening by 30%.
    Phoenix Call - Articuno and Zapdos aren't phoenixes. As for the move itself, it works like a beefed-up Scald with a different secondary effect, which is alright since it's exclusive to the three legendary birds.

Noble Roar - So it's Roar with damage, like Dragon Tail or Circle Throw? If so, it has to have -6 priority.

Spirit Link - I think the gimmick of this attack is enough to warrant its base power and accuracy (in other words, the Sp. Atk increase effect makes the move too good). Does it ignore only weaknesses and resistances, or does it also ignore immunities (can this hit Dark-types)?

Lucky Charm - Serene Grace + Air Slash + Lucky Charm = 69% chance that the foe will flinch. Add paralysis in and it's a 76.75% chance of rendering the foe unable to move. I know you said that it doesn't stack with Serene Grace, but that would be the math if it did. Incidentally, which would take precedence on a Serene Grace Togekiss, the Serene Grace, or the Lucky Charm?

Dark Abyss (Dark)
    PP: 5/Power: 140/Accuracy: 90/Category: Special
    The user traps the foe in a dark abyss, but also lowers special attack by two stages.
    Dark type overheat, 'nuff said

Whip Smack (Grass)
    PP: 10/Power: 60/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical
    The user summons a tall vine and smack the foe onto the ground. Pokemon with Flying type or Levitate will no longer be immune to ground type attacks.
    Grass type Smack Down, I'd wager...
    Dark Abyss - Sure.

Whip Smack - Yeah, hitting a Flying-type or a Poison-type with a Grass move doesn't really seem like the best idea. To be honest, I don't see this as being that viable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    Disarm v.01
    Type: Steel | Power: 40 | Acc: 85 | PP: 10 |
    if it hits, lowers the foe's attack 1 stage.

Disarm v.02
    Type: Steel | Power: 40 | Acc: 90 | PP: 10 |
    if it hits, lowers the foe's attack 2 stages.
    Given the presence of Acid Spray, Disarm v.02 would seem alright. Moves like these that inflict minor damage but lower stats by two stages should seldom be created, though.

@Wishingstar, i wrote the effect under the move, with clarification that it was an entry hazard below that.
    So the entry hazard does make the foe undergo the Telekinesis effect, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    Move: Kotetsu
    Type: electric/Physical
    Bsp: 95
    pp: 10
    effect: covers limb in lightning and slashes with a 10% chance of placing a taunt on the opponent
    Better, yeah.

Gale(flying)
    Base power: N/A
    PP: 10
    Effect: creates a small twister around the pokemon reducing damage by 1/3 for 5 turns and causing rough skin/rocky helmet damage to pokemon who use a physical move
    dissapears when user is switched out. cannot be baton passed
    Gale still mitigates both physical and special damage. Yeah, the damage mitigation is less than Reflect's and Light Screen's, but that's only to account for the fact that it can protect against both spectra of attacks.

I still think that the Rocky Helmet effect makes the move slightly too strong.

Maelstrom
    type: Psychic/physical
    bsp: 20
    effect: teleports to the opponent slamming or slashing the opponent multiple times each attack. Hits 4-5 times
    is unaffected by type of opponent or STAB.

Prominince
    type: Psychic/Special
    bsp: 20
    effect: teleports to the opponent sending multiple balls of aura each time. Hits 4-5 times
    is unaffected by type of opponent or STAB.
    They could probably have less base power, since both have a non-drawback gimmick of ignoring type.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New Ability!

Procrastinate
    "Doubles the Attack and Sp.Attack at the last minute"

This Ability works similar to Slow Start except it actually Doubles the stats after the Pokemon has been out during the first five turns in battle. Just as Slow Start it is reset if the Pokemon is switched out. So think of this Ability like Huge Power/Pure Power + Slow Start.
    Slow Start was made for a Pokémon with extremely high stats to make it more on par with Pokémon with 500 or so BST. For a Pokémon with around 500 BST (which is already really good) to have its stats boosted to around 700 BST is asking for too much.

Cyber Shock (Electric)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: 100
    The user sends out a electric shock that changes the surrounding, and may confuse the foe (30%)
    Distribution: Porygon Line

Sand Spin (Rock)
    PP: 5/Power: 120/Accuracy: 60/Category: Special
    The user spins around that creates a sand tornado that is shot at the foe. Accuracy increases to 90 during a sandstorm.

Snow Slash (Ice)
    PP: 15/Power: 90/Accuracy: 85/Category: Physical
    The user slashes at the foe. There is a high critical hit chance.

Since there's too many create, here are a few changes:
    Ice Fang/Thunder Fang/Fire Fang: B.P increased to 75, Accuracy to 100
    "Never missing" BP 60 moves, additional side effects:
    Aerial Ace: Has a 30% chance to flinch.
    Faint Attack: May decrease defense by one stage (30%)
    Shadow Punch: May decrease attack by one stage (30%)
    Magnet Bomb: May decrease Special Attack by one stage (30%)
    Magical Leaf: May decrease Special Defense by one stage (30%)
    Shock Wave: May decrease Speed by one stage (30%)
    Swift: Allows user to hit ghost types using this attack.
    Cyber Shock - The confusion chance seems a bit much for the base power and accuracy. Maybe decrease the confusion chance or decrease the power or accuracy a bit?

Sand Spin - A pseudo-Thunder for sand. I like this move.

Snow Slash - An Ice-type Stone Edge variant with more accuracy and less power. Seems really solid.

Elemental fangs - That would make these moves strictly better than Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and ThunderPunch, which is a no-no.
    All never-missing 60-power moves except Swift - The moves already have a gimmick (never missing). For there to be a secondary effect afterward is extremely good, perhaps too much so.
    Swift - I could see this happening, though.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

enough with the long quotes

Heatmor evo
    Stats

Poor outclassed Heatmor needs a good evo as he is probably the worst Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Slow Start was made for a Pokémon with extremely high stats to make it more on par with Pokémon with 500 or so BST. For a Pokémon with around 500 BST (which is already really good) to have its stats boosted to around 700 BST is asking for too much.
    Regigigas is a legendary. It really should come to no surprise that is has extremely high base stats. It should have high stats anyway unlike Slaking <_<. And it really depends on the distribution, if a Pokemon like say Haxorus got this Ability then I can see how that would be too much but a Pokemon like say Corsola not so much.

Regigigas is a legendary. It really should come to no surprise that is has extremely high base stats. It should have high stats anyway unlike Slaking <_<. And it really depends on the distribution, if a Pokemon like say Haxorus got this Ability then I can see how that would be too much but a Pokemon like say Corsola not so much.
    I guess. But it's a pity that Corsola wouldn't really survive five turns anyway, meaning that Procrastinate wouldn't be very viable on it. :/

New Move: Halt

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 85% / PP: 5 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: -6
    "The user temporarily causes the target into forgetting their next turn"

-This move goes well with the new ability I made called Procrastinate. This move is perfect for stalling out something. The move can be used repeatedly in a row. Now before you say that, that makes it broken, think about it? If they keep using it they cannot attack because they are using the move. To clarify a Pokemon hit by Halt can be switched out, they just cannot move on the following turn.

Example:
    Turn 1: Miltank used Stomp, Corsola used Halt, Turn Ends.
    Turn 2: Miltank cannot move due to the effects of Halt, Corsola used Bubblebeam, Turn End.

broken. hi toxic damage. hi perish song. and your ability is either too broken on some pokes, or underpowered (because of lack of survivability) on others.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

broken. hi toxic damage. hi perish song. and your ability is either too broken on some pokes, or underpowered (because of lack of survivability) on others.
    Well they can always switch you know. Halt does not prevent switching. Who seriously is gonna stay in for Perish song anyway? As for the ability yea I figured as much that's why I created Halt to go along with it.

but if it makes you miss your next turn, wouldn't that eliminate the option of switching?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

but if it makes you miss your next turn, wouldn't that eliminate the option of switching?
    I should change it to the Pokemon cannot move on the following turn. Because they can switch.

New Poke:

Shaduel (shade + duel)

Type: Ghost/Fighting
    Abilitie(s): Shadow Tag
    Stats:
    hp: 73
    attack: 129
    defense: 95
    special attack: 60
    special defense: 80
    speed: 81

New Poke:

Shaduel (shade + duel)

Type: Ghost/Fighting
    Abilitie(s): Shadow Tag
    Stats:
    hp: 73
    attack: 129
    defense: 95
    special attack: 60
    special defense: 80
    speed: 81
    I'm assuming this Pokemon is related to Chandelure in some way because of the Shadow Tag ability, perhaps a branch evolution? Anyway's I like the Typing. 4x resistant to Bug and you can cover the weakness of the other Type Like Ghost can cover Fighting's weakness to Psychic and Fighting can cover Ghost's weakness to Dark.

actually not related to chandy. has its own evo line. i gave it shadow tag in the spirit of old timey classic 1 on 1 duels.

and ghost fighting has unresisted stab, too.

actually not related to chandy. has its own evo line. i gave it shadow tag in the spirit of old timey classic 1 on 1 duels.

and ghost fighting has unresisted stab, too.
    That's what I was thinking, but I'm not sure if its bulky enough for higher tiers, and its attack is to much for lower tiers... We would have to wait for the moves I guess

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

New Move: Halt

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 85% / PP: 5 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: -6
    "The user temporarily causes the target into forgetting their next turn"
    Yeah, it's pretty broken, especially with Mean Look.

Turn 1: Umbreon used Mean Look. The foe's Gliscor uses whatever. Turn ends.
    Turn 2: The foe's Gliscor uses whatever. Umbreon uses Halt. Turn ends.
    Turn 3: Stalling or slowly whittling down Gliscor's HP until it faints.

Yeah, it's pretty broken, especially with Mean Look.

Turn 1: Umbreon used Mean Look. The foe's Gliscor uses whatever. Turn ends.
    Turn 2: The foe's Gliscor uses whatever. Umbreon uses Halt. Turn ends.
    Turn 3: Stalling or slowly whittling down Gliscor's HP until it faints.
    Not broken at all. That's only one very situational occasion in which the user can abuse the move. Only has 8 PP at most and still has a chance to miss not to mention they would have to be Poisoned or Burned first in order for you to to whittle them down with Mean Look/Halt combination. If the user wants to use another move they are going to have to not use Halt again.

Not broken at all. That's only one very situational occasion in which the user can abuse the move. Only has 8 PP at most and still has a chance to miss not to mention they would have to be Poisoned or Burned first in order for you to to whittle them down with Mean Look/Halt combination. If the user wants to use another move they are going to have to not use Halt again.
    How about in Doubles and Triples? Doubles and Triples aren't really "corner cases" unlike Mean Look in Singles.

And can the Pokémon rotate in Rotation Battles?

How about in Doubles and Triples? Doubles and Triples aren't really "corner cases" unlike Mean Look in Singles.

And can the Pokémon rotate in Rotation Battles?
    What do you mean by in Double and Triples? The same would apply to them.

Yes the Pokemon can be rotate in Rotation battles.

I guess a best explanation for what Halt does is it's like the possible effect of not being able to move from paralysis.

Yes the Pokemon can be rotate in Rotation battles.

I guess a best explanation for what Halt does is it's like the possible effect of not being able to move from paralysis.
    How would it work in double and triple battles of course.

Yes, but all three of your Pokémon can gang up on the Halted Pokémon, or two Pokémon can be Halted and the third would just be able to whittle down on one of them.

Yes, but all three of your Pokémon can gang up on the Halted Pokémon, or two Pokémon can be Halted and the third would just be able to whittle down on one of them.
    I think I get what you're saying but not entirely sure, can you give an example please?

Never mind I got it lol :P

I think what you're basically saying is that they can make one or two Pokemon useless and with one of your other Pokemon that did not use Halt have them attack , correct? If that is the case they could always just switch and you also would have at least one free Pokemon. They cant possibly Halt all the opponents side Pokemon on the other side with out them all using Halt. Here is the thing about Halt, if you wanna keep the opponent halted you must keep using it, so in a sense both are halted.

I think I get what you're saying but not entirely sure, can you give an example please?

Never mind I got it lol :P

I think what you're basically saying is that they can make one or two Pokemon useless and with one of your other Pokemon that did not use Halt have them attack , correct? If that is the case they could always just switch and you also would have at least one free Pokemon. They cant possibly Halt all the opponents side Pokemon on the other side with out them all using Halt. Here is the thing about Halt, if you wanna keep the opponent halted you must keep using it, so in a sense both are halted.
    Easy. Mean Look the target, then attack the target, then Halt the target.

Anyway, what should probably be said is that moves that create lockdown situations like this are generally not-so-good ideas. D:

Page 37 of 88 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787 ... LastLast