Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Sounds awesome, it would work exceptionally well with Baton Passing to Regigigas in the lower tiers. That aside, wonder if Blaziken getting Baton Pass and Speed Boost would affect the Ubers metagame that much.

On topic of Dream World female starters, discuss.
    Please Gamefreak, for the love of Arceus, please don't release DW Snivy. Personally I found it very broken. I was up against a Janovy (Snivy 2nd stage, forgot English name), it was on random battles in PS and he frigging killed my Salamence after spamming Leaft Storm thrice because I was getting owned... But they'll do it anyways. And I shall wait until the day when Serperior gets banished to the lands of unlawfulness, a danger zone called Über.

Since we're on the topic of DW, I personally think that Flareon should get something nice for DW, but I think GameFreak hates Flareon or something. 110 base attack, 3 physical moves without TMs.

Gamefreak's gonna game.

And No new attacks for now. Creativity Block *_*

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Please Gamefreak, for the love of Arceus, please don't release DW Snivy. Personally I found it very broken. I was up against a Janovy (Snivy 2nd stage, forgot English name), it was on random battles in PS and he frigging killed my Salamence after spamming Leaft Storm thrice because I was getting owned... But they'll do it anyways. And I shall wait until the day when Serperior gets banished to the lands of unlawfulness, a danger zone called Über.
    Eh, they're going to release it sometime in the future, (un)fortunately.

If they weren't planning to release it, they wouldn't have given it a DW ability to begin with.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Since we're on the topic of DW, I personally think that Flareon should get something nice for DW, but I think GameFreak hates Flareon or something. 110 base attack, 3 physical moves without TMs.

Gamefreak's gonna game.

And No new attacks for now. Creativity Block *_*
    130 base attack*
    Serperior is not gonaa be uber.. it isn't that strong if you don't let it set up (like you did with your salamence (really +6?) priority kills it also fast scarfers can revenge kill it there are pleny of ways arount it specially in the OU enviroment. It is going to be OU as best UU as worse I don't see him like an uber.. (and it is not like serperior is even used outside of NU anyway)

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

New ability!

First rate
    "Changes damaging Type to match opponents weaker defense"

-This one might be a bit confusing so I'll explain it. If the Target is about to be hit with a Physical move by a Pokemon with First rate as its ability and the target has better Defense than Sp.Defense, First rate will change the the damaging move to a Special Type. The same applies if the target has better Sp.Defense than Defense and you are using a special move, the move will change Type to a Physical move.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    130 base attack*
    Serperior is not gonaa be uber.. it isn't that strong if you don't let it set up (like you did with your salamence (really +6?) priority kills it also fast scarfers can revenge kill it there are pleny of ways arount it specially in the OU enviroment. It is going to be OU as best UU as worse I don't see him like an uber.. (and it is not like serperior is even used outside of NU anyway)
    Blaziken wasn't used outside of nu before he went uber, just saying >.>

Firstrate seems broken on anything with a good attacking stat

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Blaziken wasn't used outside of nu before he went uber, just saying >.>

Firstrate seems broken on anything with a good attacking stat
    Actully blaziken was UU before getting to ubers.
    I meant serperior is kinda useless now so even if it goes to ubers it wouldn't be a huge loss..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

I never saw why Tornadus didn't get Nasty Plot unlike Thundurus!

because gf didn't like tornadus.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    because gf didn't like tornadus.
    Or the poor knight called Escavalier

yes. poor escavalier. still, i used to use him in ou trick room. cb megahorn dents a lotta s**t.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Gah, so many double posts!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    yes. poor escavalier. still, i used to use him in ou trick room. cb megahorn dents a lotta s**t.
    Yeah, Escavalier has a solid build going for it, the only problem is that it lacks decent HP or reliable recovery to support those defences. Oddly, it's entry describes it being able to fly around at high speeds. Evolution ideas? Shell Smash and King's Rock come to mind.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    New ability!

First rate

-This one might be a bit confusing so I'll explain it. If the Target is about to be hit with a Physical move by a Pokemon with First rate as its ability and the target has better Defense than Sp.Defense, First rate will change the the damaging move to a Special Type. The same applies if the target has better Sp.Defense than Defense and you are using a special move, the move will change Type to a Physical move.
    So it only changes the defensive stat used for the damage calculation, right?

Whatever the answer is, this would make Psyshock and Secret Sword much less special. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    So it only changes the defensive stat used for the damage calculation, right?

Whatever the answer is, this would make Psyshock and Secret Sword much less special. :/
    No, no, no. It changes the damaging move type of the one with the ability to the match the one getting attacked weaker defense stat.

Example:

If I were attacking a Magnezone with Close Combat, since most likely Magnezone would have better Physical Defense than Sp.Defense, Close Combat will now become special based.

This ability can either be really good or really bad because if a Pokemon with good Physical attack and bad Sp.Attack were to get its move switched to a special move, it might not do more damage because of its bad Sp. Attack

No, no, no. It changes the damaging move type of the one with the ability to the match the one getting attacked weaker defense stat.

Example:

If I were attacking a Magnezone with Close Combat, since most likely Magnezone would have better Physical Defense than Sp.Defense, Close Combat will now become special based.

This ability can either be really good or really bad because if a Pokemon with good Physical attack and bad Sp.Attack were to get its move switched to a special move, it might not do more damage because of its bad Sp. Attack
    So yeah, it changes the defensive stat of the target in the damage calculation to the one that's weaker. Sort of like Download, in a way.

So yeah, it changes the defensive stat of the target in the damage calculation to the one that's weaker. Sort of like Download, in a way.
    Yeah

New Move: Guard Shield

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: All / Category: / Priority: 0
    "A powerful shield is put up to stop the use of physical moves for 3 turns "

-This applies to all Pokemon including your own

New Move: Ward

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: All / Category: / Priority: 0
    "A powerful luminous light is put up to stop the use of Special moves for 3 turns"

Edit: Now that I think about it these moves can be pretty broken, especially when used together :/

New ability!

First rate

Changing the type of your moves so it's always at least effective? Sounds game-breaking unless whatever had it had poor stats and/or a weak move-pool.

"A powerful luminous light is put up to stop the use of Special moves for 3 turns"

Reminds me of the Hammerman and Jumpman badges in Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. It worked well there but on this playing field...it would be the new Politoed and Ninetales, too much change, entire teams based around the strategy. I can see teams of defensive shufflers, Wobbufett, and Dugtrio dominating the field with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Reminds me of the Hammerman and Jumpman badges in Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. It worked well there but on this playing field...it would be the new Politoed and Ninetales, too much change, entire teams based around the strategy. I can see teams of defensive shufflers, Wobbufett, and Dugtrio dominating the field with it.
    Yeah these moves would be annoying too. It would cause an all out stall war lol

Yeah these moves would be annoying too. It would cause an all out stall war lol
    Scratch my previous examples. Something with both moves, Espeon, Xatu, a Rapid Spin user, Ninetales or Politoed, and Shedinja.

Long story short, it would be the new Double Team. Speaking of which, while watching recent Let's Plays (Brain Scratch Commentary's Leaf Green run in particular) I wondered what value the evasion increase should be to make it viable but balanced.

Yeah

Edit: Now that I think about it these moves can be pretty broken, especially when used together :/
    Yeah, they're pretty broken. Even if only one of them can be active on the field at a time, it's still very, very powerful.

Even making it so that they stop physical moves or stop special moves (to be more specific, moves that are normally based on Attack or Sp. Atk, respectively) for one turn is pretty broken, since it would most likely force a sweeper to switch out, and the user of Guard Shield and Ward could use that switch to their advantage.

Yeah, they're pretty broken. Even if only one of them can be active on the field at a time, it's still very, very powerful.

Even making it so that they stop physical moves or stop special moves (to be more specific, moves that are normally based on Attack or Sp. Atk, respectively) for one turn is pretty broken, since it would most likely force a sweeper to switch out, and the user of Guard Shield and Ward could use that switch to their advantage.
    Anything you suggest to make them less broken, or is there no hope?lol

New Move: Quibble

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 20 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: +3
    "The user temporarily stops the effects of Burn and Poison"

- Just to clarify it temporarily stops them, it does not get rid of them. If it is used while you are badly poisoned the poison is reset.

Example:
    Turn 1: Crobat used Toxic, Girafarig has been badly poisoned, Girafarig used Stomp,Girafarig Takes poison damage, Turn End.
    Turn 2: Girafarig used Quibble, Crobat used Aerial Ace, Girafarig takes no Poison damage this turn because of Quibble, Turn End.

Le random attacks: with JP name for maximum randomness

Ominous Ray (JP-Evil Light 悪の光 Dark)
    PP: 15/Power: 90/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0
    The user shoots out an ominous ray of bright light, and maybe confuse the foe at a slight chance. (10%)

Light Bolt (JP-Light Bolt 光ボルト Electric)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0
    The user summons a blinding bolt on the foe, with a chance to paralyze the foe. (20%)

Le JP name for the lulz

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Anything you suggest to make them less broken, or is there no hope?lol
    Personally, I don't like moves that literally can make the foe useless, which is why I was so strongly against Halt.

New Move: Quibble

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 20 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: +3
    "The user temporarily stops the effects of Burn and Poison"

- Just to clarify it temporarily stops them, it does not get rid of them. If it is used while you are badly poisoned the poison is reset.

Example:
    Turn 1: Crobat used Toxic, Girafarig has been badly poisoned, Girafarig used Stomp,Girafarig Takes poison damage, Turn End.
    Turn 2: Girafarig used Quibble, Crobat used Aerial Ace, Girafarig takes no Poison damage this turn because of Quibble, Turn End.
    So after four turns of taking toxic poison damage (10/16 HP gone), and the Pokémon uses Quibble, the toxic poison damage is reset to 1/16?

It seems alright, but I don't really see this move as being very viable with the exception of resetting toxic poison. :/

The user shoots out an ominous ray of bright light, and maybe confuse the foe at a slight chance. (10%)

The user summons a blinding bolt on the foe, with a chance to paralyze the foe. (20%)
    Both of these seem alright. The base power and accuracy balance nicely with the secondary effects.
    One note on the Japanese names: the names are never written in kanji. So, 悪の光 would become わるのひかり and 光ボルト would become ひかりボルト.

And since I haven't posted anything in awhile:
    New Move: Dark Link
    Type: Dark / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 5 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user faints, transferring its power to the Pokémon taking its place and increasing its stats."
    - It's basically a Healing Wish but for stats. Instead of the recipient having its HP restored to full, the recipient's Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed are all increased by two stages.

Personally, I don't like moves that literally can make the foe useless, which is why I was so strongly against Halt.
    Keep in mind thought that it does make the users side useless as well as they cannot use those moves either but I get what you're saying.

So after four turns of taking toxic poison damage (10/16 HP gone), and the Pokémon uses Quibble, the toxic poison damage is reset to 1/16?
    Yes.

It seems alright, but I don't really see this move as being very viable with the exception of resetting toxic poison. :/
    eh, I figured as much but I just post what i think up. To be honest it seems like a waste of a move slot lol

And since I haven't posted anything in awhile:
    New Move: Dark Link
    Type: Dark / Power: -- / Accuracy: -- / PP: 5 / Target: Self / Category: Status / Priority: 0
    "The user faints, transferring its power to the Pokémon taking its place and increasing its stats."
    - It's basically a Healing Wish but for stats. Instead of the recipient having its HP restored to full, the recipient's Attack, Sp. Atk, and Speed are all increased by two stages.
    Wait, didn't OceanicLanturn make a move similar to this? I think their move halved the HP though.

I think the name "Contract" fits better but it's your move.

Le JP name for the lulz
    I think Ominous Ray should have higher Confusion chance , but that's just me

As for Light bolt, it's like a worse Discharge lol

Keep in mind thought that it does make the users side useless as well as they cannot use those moves either but I get what you're saying.
    Yeah. So if a special sweeper with high Defense was against a physical sweeper, and the special sweeper used Guard Shield, it could keep sweeping on the turn that the foe is forced to switch out.

Wait, didn't OceanicLanturn make a move similar to this? I think their move halved the HP though.
    Maybe. But keep in mind, "fainting the user to let the recipient get a net +6 stat boost" is not equal to "halving the user's HP to let the recipient to get a net +3 stat boost". Fainting renders the Pokémon entirely useless, meaning that the drawback of fainting should be made up by a higher stat boost; halving the Pokémon's HP means that it's still usable later in battle.

I think the name "Contract" fits better but it's your move.
    When I think of "Contract", I think of the contraction of diseases and such. :/

When I think of "Contract", I think of the contraction of diseases and such. :/
    lol. By contract I meant Contract in the "A written or spoken agreement" sense. Like a dark contract of giving your life to power up your fellow Pokemon; which is what your move does. But you don't have to change it just giving my 2 cents is all.

Page 38 of 88 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast