Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Spore Whimsicott Twineedle now has a base power of 50 and is given a wider distribution.

Fly

Type: Flying Power: 75 Accuracy: 95% PP: 15 Damage: Physical

Previous specs:
    Power 90 / Accuracy 95% / PP 15 (HM, no flinch, 2 turn move unless holding Power Herb)

+ 15% chance to flinch
    + Fly becomes a 1 turn move
    + Gust/Twister/Thunder/Sky Uppercut/Smack Down do double damage on the turn Fly is used
    + Can't be used while Gravity is active
    + HM move (User can Fly to desired location)

My ideal version of the move Fly. It would make Fly more useful in battle and would possibly make it see more competitive play. It also makes it a physical form of Air Slash which is probably my favorite Flying-type move.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Fly

Previous specs:
    Power 90 / Accuracy 95% / PP 15 (HM, no flinch, 2 turn move unless holding Power Herb)

+ 15% chance to flinch
    + Gust/Twister/Thunder/Sky Uppercut/Smack Down do double damage on the turn Fly is used

My ideal version of the move Fly. It would make Fly more useful in battle and would possibly make it see more competitive play. It also makes it a physical form of Air Slash which is probably my favorite Flying-type move.
    Brave Bird, everything!
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    I think this is a little bit too complicated, since there's no telling whether a pokemon is Type A or Type B. Is Omaster Water or Rock? Is Weavile Ice or Dark? I mean you can tell that Rhyperior looks heavy and Cherrim is not, in the weight mechanic of Grass Knot and Low Kick, but there's no telling for some which one is the primary type. Also, does it affect STAB? If it does, it would seriously hurt ._. And also, losing a secondary typing, in Ferrothorn's case, leaves in in fear of bug, poison, ice, flying , which the steel typing help removed.
    It's really not. Omastar would be Rock/Water, meaning Water is its secondary Type so it would lose Water and just become a Rock Type. Corsola on the other hand is a Water/Rock Type, meaning Rock is it's secondary Type so it would just become a Water Type.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Brave Bird, everything!
    In-game and competitive recoil just don't sit well with me

Oops sorry for being unclear. They are abilities.

And memorising the pokemon's primary typing/secondary typing is not as easy to tell as say, weight mechanic, where Golem looks heavy while Pikachu looks light on its feet.
    There are some Pokémon whose types can't really be discerned from their looks. Similarly, there are some Pokémon whose order of types can't really be discerned from their looks, either.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    Fly

Previous specs:

+ 15% chance to flinch

I wouldn't mind having Fly be upgraded to this. However, I'd be a bit skeptical about Air Slash's popularity if this were to be Fly's new effect.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    It's really not. Omastar would be Rock/Water, meaning Water is its secondary Type so it would lose Water and just become a Rock Type. Corsola on the other hand is a Water/Rock Type, meaning Rock is it's secondary Type so it would just become a Water Type.
    But what makes Omaster Rock not water? And what makes Corsola Water not Rock? How about stuff like Rhyperior? Is it rock or ground? And Golem? Rock or Ground? How about Onix, rock or ground?

I think it should just be changed to dropping a random typing, because second typings are seriously hard to tell.

Attacks
    Aura Crash (Fighting)
    PP: 15/Power: 60/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
    The user crashes its hand into the foe, and may* disable a random move of the foe. Can only disable up to two moves on one foe.
    - *30%

Peck Split (Flying)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Self
    Weaken beak related moves by 2/3, but triples number of hits of certain beak related moves*.
    - *Does not include Fury Attack, so no 15 hit Fury Attack for ya.
    - Exclusive to Dodrio.
    - The second/third hit does not toggle physical-hit abilities like Effect Spore. First still do.

Mehhh

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

But what makes Omaster Rock not water? And what makes Corsola Water not Rock? How about stuff like Rhyperior? Is it rock or ground? And Golem? Rock or Ground? How about Onix, rock or ground?

I think it should just be changed to dropping a random typing, because second typings are seriously hard to tell.
    That's why the players would have to memorize type order. Making Ignorant drop a random type would be even more confusing, since it wouldn't be known which type is dropped and which type is kept until an attack or move is used. With the current effect of Ignorant, it always drops the second type of the potential targets of the Pokémon with Ignorant.

Attacks
    Aura Crash (Fighting)
    PP: 15/Power: 60/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
    The user crashes its hand into the foe, and may* disable a random move of the foe. Can only disable up to two moves on one foe.
    - *30%

Peck Split (Flying)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Self
    Weaken beak related moves by 2/3, but triples number of hits of certain beak related moves*.
    - *Does not include Fury Attack, so no 15 hit Fury Attack for ya.
    - Exclusive to Dodrio.
    - The second/third hit does not toggle physical-hit abilities like Effect Spore. First still do.

Mehhh
    Aura Crash - I think I told someone else that 30% is a bit high of a disabling secondary effect. And even if it weren't, being able to disable two moves is extremely powerful, perhaps too much so.
    Peck Split - What is a "beak-related move"? Peck, Drill Peck... I think I'm missing a few. Pluck wouldn't count, and you say Fury Attack doesn't count...

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    That's why the players would have to memorize type order. Making Ignorant drop a random type would be even more confusing, since it wouldn't be known which type is dropped and which type is kept until an attack or move is used. With the current effect of Ignorant, it always drops the second type of the potential targets of the Pokémon with Ignorant.
    But dropping a random one, well, seems more viable than remembering the order. And the random one could actually be more beneficial than a selected one, making it a more unpredictable target. Either that, or it shows.

Like it would say "Ferrothorn turned into a grass type pokemon!" or "Ferrothorn turned into a steel type pokemon!" Also, ignorant on Ferry doesn't seem really viable. What is the distribution though?

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I'm not the not who made the Pokemon Types the way they are, you would have to talk to game freak for that. Omastar is both Rock and Water but it's primary Type(the first Type listed) is Rock, While with Corsola it's primary Type is Water and it's secondary type is Rock. The same would apply to Rhyperior , Golem and all other dual type pokemon. It's really not as confusing as you are making it out to be. The order is not that hard to remember.

But dropping a random one, well, seems more viable than remembering the order. And the random one could actually be more beneficial than a selected one, making it a more unpredictable target. Either that, or it shows.

Like it would say "Ferrothorn turned into a grass type pokemon!" or "Ferrothorn turned into a steel type pokemon!" Also, ignorant on Ferry doesn't seem really viable. What is the distribution though?
    I think you've got it mixed up. Wishing Star's ability Ignorant does not change or drop the Pokemon's Type but rather ignores the second typing of dual typed Pokemon. However my move Drop off allows the user to remove the secondary typing, so if used on Ferrothorn it will no longer be Grass/Steel but just Grass.

As for dropping a random Type that is not really beneficial because it is way to unpredictable.

If a player uses the ability of a Pokémon with Ignorant to his or her advantage, they can plan out that Pokémon's moveset with Ignorant's consistency in mind. If it were random, then the player wouldn't really be able to take advantage of the ability to determine the Pokémon's moves, since if it caters to one type being removed, it wouldn't cater to the other type being removed.

3 new moves and an ability!!!!

New Move: Deamcast

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "A sleeping target sees a wonderful dream that restores HP every turn."

-This Move is basically the opposite of Nightmare so it instead will restore the sleeping Pokemon's HP by one quarter of its maximum HP

New Move: Parch

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 20 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user removes all trace of water from the foe. It harshly lowers the target's Attack, Sp. Atk., Defense, Sp.Def and Speed. however it only affects Water types."

-This move only affects water Type Pokemon so I was thinking a Parch + Soak combination = Force your opponent to switch. Also to note that while the sun is up Parch will instead drastically lower the stats.

New Move: Enchantment

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user surrounds itself with a magical force that guarantees the added effect of the next move "

-If used and the move misses then the user would have to use Enchantment again

Example:
    Turn 1: Blissey used Enchantment, Mawile used Bite, Turn End.
    Turn 2: Blissey used Ice Beam, It hit so Mawile became Frozen, Mawile is Frozen solid, Turn End.

Elemental
    "Is treated as a Fire, Water, Grass Type while attacking"

-So a Pokemon with this ability will get STAB for Fire, Water and Grass regardless of their type but they will not be treated as a Triple Type Pokemon. Meaning that if they are say a Rock/Ground Type and they get hit by a water move It will still do 4x super effective damage. Also the STAB Doesn't stack, so if they are already one of those Types they won't get an additional STAB.

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0

-This Move is basically the opposite of Nightmare so it instead will restore the sleeping Pokemon's HP by one quarter of its maximum HP

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 20 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user removes all trace of water from the foe. It harshly lowers the target's Attack, Sp. Atk., Defense, Sp.Def and Speed. however it only affects Water types."

-This move only affects water Type Pokemon so I was thinking a Parch + Soak combination = Force your opponent to switch. Also to note that while the sun is up Parch will instead drastically lower the stats.

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user surrounds itself with a magical force that guarantees the added effect of the next move "

Example:
    Turn 2: Blissey used Ice Beam, It hit so Mawile became Frozen, Mawile is Frozen solid, Turn End.

Elemental

-So a Pokemon with this ability will get STAB for Fire, Water and Grass regardless of their type but they will not be treated as a Triple Type Pokemon. Meaning that if they are say a Rock/Ground Type and they get hit by a water move It will still do 4x super effective damage. Also the STAB Doesn't stack, so if they are already one of those Types they won't get an additional STAB.
    elemental. broken. the ability to count as multiple types for bypassing resistances is just too broken.

dreamcast. seems like some more double/triple battle s**t. play singles like a true battler.

enchantment. way way waaaaay too broken. imagine relic song or any ice type move. blazzard, for example. great power, and always freezes. get my point?

parch. a little too much, even with its restrictments. and it doesnt make a rat's a** of sense for a poke to learn both parch and soak.

EDIT: re-read elemental. not as broken, but stab on three types plus what their types already are for stab is broken. and if it is elemental, it should be fire/water/ice/electric/flying/ground, not fire/water/grass. grass doesnt make any sense.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    elemental. broken. the ability to count as multiple types for bypassing resistances is just too broken.
    Um most Pokemon can use moves of different types anyway so the only difference is those with Elemental would just get additional STAB on those moves

enchantment. way way waaaaay too broken. imagine relic song or any ice type move. blazzard, for example. great power, and always freezes. get my point?
    True, but remember the move has to actually hit and the move must be used in succession or enchantments effect wont work and they would have to use it again to get it's effect

EDIT: re-read elemental. not as broken, but stab on three types plus what their types already are for stab is broken. and if it is elemental, it should be fire/water/ice/electric/flying/ground, not fire/water/grass. grass doesnt make any sense.
    By elemental I was thinking in the sense of Pokemon with Grass, Fire and Water being the basic Types.

doesnt matter if its ice beam. 100 percent accurate, 10 percent freeze chance, and freeze clause isn't even standard anymore. pair that with the defrost chance, and you have uber broken move.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Example:

Elemental

Dreamcast - Aside from the name conflict between a console and a Pokémon move, I'd say this is alright. It only lasts while the afflicted Pokémon is asleep anyway, and I'd imagine that its BTA would be executed either right before Nightmare or right after it.

Parch - Yes, Water-type Pokémon can be powerful, but no type should be the victim of so much enmity. It doesn't matter if the move requires the target to be Water-type; a -10 net stat change is way too much. Making it -15 in the sun makes the move even worse. On another note, Memento is very, very rarely used anyway, and it only gives a -4 net stat change; merely requiring the foe to be Water-type is insult to injury for Memento.

Enchantment - Very broken as well. There's a reason why the freeze chance of Ice-type moves is so low. If it were only usable once, it'd be much less broken.

Elemental - It's pretty unfair for a Pokémon with Elemental to potentially have STAB with five types. What the ability grants is much less broken as Enchantment or Parch, but it doesn't flavorfully match well with any Pokémon.

I haven't posted anything in awhile, so:

New Ability: Inhibitor
    "Damages the opponent whenever it is healed."
    - If the foe's Starmie uses Recover and it recovers at least 1 HP, Inhibitor will activate afterward, damaging the Starmie for 12.5% of its maximum HP. Yes, it triggers after every source of healing, including Leftovers, Shell Bell, Absorb, Aqua Ring, and Dry Skin for HP recovery; or Heal Bell, Hydration, or a Chesto Berry for status ailments.

Parch - Yes, Water-type Pokémon can be powerful, but no type should be the victim of so much enmity. It doesn't matter if the move requires the target to be Water-type; a -10 net stat change is way too much. Making it -15 in the sun makes the move even worse. On another note, Memento is very, very rarely used anyway, and it only gives a -4 net stat change; merely requiring the foe to be Water-type is insult to injury for Memento.
    Any suggestions to make it less broken? Perhaps a net -5 rather than -10?

Enchantment - Very broken as well. There's a reason why the freeze chance of Ice-type moves is so low. If it were only usable once, it'd be much less broken.
    Can you explain what you mean by once? Do you mean you can use it once per battle? or once per Turn?

Elemental - It's pretty unfair for a Pokémon with Elemental to potentially have STAB with five types. What the ability grants is much less broken as Enchantment or Parch, but it doesn't flavorfully match well with any Pokémon.
    meh. I was thinking more in the sense of a Pokemon that already has 2 of the Types it boosts like a Fire/Grass Type or a Water/Fire Type so they only get stab for 3 Types. I know, I know, you're gonna say that since no such Pokemon types exists yet we cant make assumptions like that, right? :P

I haven't posted anything in awhile, so:

New Ability: Inhibitor
    "Damages the opponent whenever it is healed."
    - If the foe's Starmie uses Recover and it recovers at least 1 HP, Inhibitor will activate afterward, damaging the Starmie for 12.5% of its maximum HP. Yes, it triggers after every source of healing, including Leftovers, Shell Bell, Absorb, Aqua Ring, and Dry Skin for HP recovery; or Heal Bell, Hydration, or a Chesto Berry for status ailments.
    You know its funny cause yesterday I had thought of an ability that does exactly this yesterday just couldn't think of a name :/

Wait so it damages the Pokemon if they activate a Chesto berry? Do you mean Sitrus berry? Also what about black sludge on a non-Poison type Pokemon? or Poison Barb does it increase their health instead?

But yeah I like it. the opponent would think twice about recovering their health now.

Take out the Hydration/Heal Bell for Inhabitor effects, I just don't like it, no asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Take out the Hydration/Heal Bell effects, I just don't like it, no asking.
    I agree with hydration but heal bell is ok..

Nerf rain!

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    Nerf rain!
    Whats wrong with the way rain is now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    I agree with hydration but heal bell is ok..

Nerf rain!
    It was meant for Wishing Stars ability but that works too

Any suggestions to make it less broken? Perhaps a net -5 rather than -10?
    I would definitely change it to -5 to make the move less broken. But in general, a move shouldn't be made specifically to "hate on" another type. -5 is already extremely powerful, more powerful than a move that causes the user to faint (Memento), which is saying something.

In other words, Parch is still way too powerful even at only -5.

Can you explain what you mean by once? Do you mean you can use it once per battle? or once per Turn?
    Once per battle. If the chance is guaranteed, then it should be once per battle (at the most, once per switch-in). Here's a related item that I made:

New Item: Magic Ribbon
    "A soft, sparkling blue ribbon. It increases the chance of the secondary effect of a move."
    - Basically Serene Grace on an item.

meh. I was thinking more in the sense of a Pokemon that already has 2 of the Types it boosts like a Fire/Grass Type or a Water/Fire Type so they only get stab for 3 Types. I know, I know, you're gonna say that since no such Pokemon types exists yet we cant make assumptions like that, right? :P
    This isn't the "Grass is possibly the worst starter type" thread, and since we're making custom battle mechanics of our own, it's perfectly fine to bring in Water/Fire Pokémon into the discussion.

As far as a Water/Fire Pokémon goes, giving it STAB on Grass-type moves wouldn't really make sense, which is why I say that it doesn't flavorfully match with any Pokémon.

You know its funny cause yesterday I had thought of an ability that does exactly this yesterday just couldn't think of a name :/

Wait so it damages the Pokemon if they activate a Chesto berry? Do you mean Sitrus berry? Also what about black sludge on a non-Poison type Pokemon? or Poison Barb does it increase their health instead?

But yeah I like it. the opponent would think twice about recovering their health now.
    Yes, it triggers upon a status ailment being healed (aside from natural defrosting, waking up, and confusion snap-outs) and HP being restored.

If a Pokémon with Liquid Ooze is hit with Absorb, the Absorber wouldn't take damage from Inhibitor since it didn't actually restore HP. Similarly, if a non-Poison-type is holding Black Sludge and is hurt from it between turns, then it wouldn't get hurt from Inhibitor because it didn't actually heal. Also, it would trigger every time a Poison Heal Gliscor heals off of its held Toxic Orb.

But yes, it triggers off of Leftovers, Sitrus Berries, Chesto Berries, and such.

Whats wrong with the way rain is now?
    It's too annoying and common,so many rain abusers as well

Here's an ideal nerf:

New weather inducing abilities effects: all work only for five turns then it becomes clear skies after that!

Simple, just stall for five turns.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    It's too annoying and common,so many rain abusers as well

Here's an ideal nerf:

New weather inducing abilities effects: all work only for five turns then it becomes clear skies after that!

Simple, just stall for five turns.
    When I first played Ruby and Sapphire, I thought that they did only last for five turns.

I can only imagine how much the metagame would change if such a nerf were to be implemented.

I wouldn't mind having Fly be upgraded to this. However, I'd be a bit skeptical about Air Slash's popularity if this were to be Fly's new effect.
    Well @ that point it would come down to Physical-Attacker or Special-Attacker

Page 43 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast