Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Parch is wayyy too op. Me no likez how we hatez on water :<

New Abilities:
    Spirit Burden
    "All stats change inflicted by the user will stay on the foe, even when it switches out"
    MissingNo has Spirit Burden while Salamence is our dummy
    Turn 0: MissingNo is sent out, Salamence is sent out
    Turn 1: MissingNo uses Memento, Salamence gets a -2 attack and special attack decrease, MissingNo fainted
    Turn 2.0: Mamoswine is sent out.
    Turn 2: Salamence is switched out, and comes in with a Breloom, Mamoswine uses Ice Shard, OHKOs the Breloom (no calcs of course, just demo)
    Turn 3.0: Salamence is switched in, MissingNo's Spirit Burden forces Salamence to carry the decrease!

Spirit Surge
    "Psychic moves do 10% extra damage and can hit dark types for the first three turns"
    Turn 0: MissingNo with Spirit Surge is sent out, Tyranitar is sent out.
    Turn 1: MissingNo uses Psychic, MissingNo's Spirit Surge allows it to hit dark types, it hit 110 damage, Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance.
    Turn 2: Tyranitar uses protect, MissingNo uses Psychic, Tyranitar's protect blocked Psyhcic
    Turn 3: MissingNo uses Psychic, MissingNo's Spirit Surge allows it to hit dark types, it hit 110 damage, Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance
    Turn 4: MissingNo uses Psychic, but it had no effect, Tyranitar uses Crunch

Slow Striker
    "Boosts attack, but lowers speed."
    - Basically like a Hustle, except lowers speed xD

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

slow striker is broken. the reason hustle is balenced is because of the acc drop. with yours, you're just asking for trick room.

EDIT: and so is spirit burden. the reason stat drops aren't used is because your foe can just switch out. by elimanating that, you can perma cripple your foe past the point of recovery.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

I thought of a decent change to freeze.

Special attack is split in half, and the pokemon only has a 25% chance to be "too cold to move" each round. It wouldn't ever vanish on it's own, though, but now freeze hax wouldn't be much worse then burn or paralyze hax.

And on that note, a freezing move should be added with this change as well.

thats stupid. the current freeze is better.

i get how it would be balenced more efficeintly, but thats not really what i think of when i think of freezing. and then we'd have to worry about our special attackers being frozen (like we dont already).
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Once per battle. If the chance is guaranteed, then it should be once per battle (at the most, once per switch-in).
    What if I made it so it increases the chance of added effects(like a move version of Serene Grace) by 10% but it can only be used once per switch in like Focus energy? But since the Percentage is low it stacks with Serene Grace.

Here's a related item that I made:

New Item: Magic Ribbon
    "A soft, sparkling blue ribbon. It increases the chance of the secondary effect of a move."
    - Basically Serene Grace on an item.
    Does it stack with Serene Grace? Also, how much does it increase? or does it just double it like Serene Grace

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post

New Abilities:
    Spirit Burden
    "All stats change inflicted by the user will stay on the foe, even when it switches out"
    Turn 1: MissingNo uses Memento, Salamence gets a -2 attack and special attack decrease, MissingNo fainted
    Turn 2: Salamence is switched out, and comes in with a Breloom, Mamoswine uses Ice Shard, OHKOs the Breloom (no calcs of course, just demo)
    Turn 3.0: Salamence is switched in, MissingNo's Spirit Burden forces Salamence to carry the decrease!
    yeah this one is broken, kinda unfair that stat drops remain even after the Pokemon has switched out

Spirit Surge
    "Psychic moves do 10% extra damage and can hit dark types for the first three turns"
    Turn 1: MissingNo uses Psychic, MissingNo's Spirit Surge allows it to hit dark types, it hit 110 damage, Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance.
    Turn 2: Tyranitar uses protect, MissingNo uses Psychic, Tyranitar's protect blocked Psyhcic
    Turn 3: MissingNo uses Psychic, MissingNo's Spirit Surge allows it to hit dark types, it hit 110 damage, Tyranitar uses Dragon Dance
    Maybe remove psychic moves doing the extra 10% damage? or the ability to hit dark types? I personally don't think it should have both. but i still like them maybe as separate abilities though

Slow Striker
    seems alright.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

New Move: Electro Drop

Type: Elec / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: All / Category: Physical / Priority: 0
    "A powerful beat is created. Eliminates all stat changes on affected Pokemon"
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post

Type: Elec / Power: -- / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 10 / Target: All / Category: Physical / Priority: 0
    Ability: Frictionless- Not affected by Speed drops

Ability: Momentum- 20% chance of breaking through Protect, Detect, Wide Guard, or Fast Guard.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    thats stupid. the current freeze is better.

i get how it would be balenced more efficeintly, but thats not really what i think of when i think of freezing. and then we'd have to worry about our special attackers being frozen (like we dont already).
    Are you kidding? Freezing has to be the most broken status effect out there.

Sure, it may not be exactly what you think of, but I don't think of a 25% chance when I here paralysis either. And as for special attackers....we already have burn crippling physical attackers. Why does it hurt to have a version for special attackers?

ERASER

Type: Dragon
    Power: 1
    Accuracy: 100%
    PP: 5 (Max 8)
    Priority: 0
    Damage: Special
    Target: Single non-user

Description:
    Reduces user & target's HP to 1 and has a 75% chance to Paralyze target. Does not effect Steel-types. Fails if user is above 50% of it's max HP. This is counted as a damage-dealing attack, and hence cannot be blocked by Taunt. This move cannot be blocked by Substitute and bypasses Protect. Regardless whether the move hits or not, the user's Attack and Special Attack are lowered two stages.

Quote Originally Posted by sAv1Or) View Post
    ERASER

Description:
    Reduces user & target's HP to 1 and has a 75% chance to Paralyze target. Does not effect Steel-types. Fails if user is above 50% of it's max HP. This is counted as a damage-dealing attack, and hence cannot be blocked by Taunt. This move cannot be blocked by Substitute and bypasses Protect. Regardless whether the move hits or not, the user's Attack and Special Attack are lowered two stages.
    This just screams broken to me. Plus I see no way this could ever be made competitive no matter what restrictions it had.

ERASER

Description:
    Interesting idea.....it would work well with SR, but most Dragons you'll be seeing in OU are so offensive they'll easily take out a pokemon below 50% of it's health, so besides them, what other pokemon would get this move?

Edit: Oh, the user, not the opponent. Okay, but I still don't think it's that great for offensive pokemon.
    This just screams broken to me. Plus I see no way this could ever be made competitive no matter what restrictions it had.
    No, it's not really broken. The pokemon has to be half of the way down before this can even work anyway. And besides that, the user is crippled by it as well.

When I first played Ruby and Sapphire, I thought that they did only last for five turns.

I can only imagine how much the metagame would change if such a nerf were to be implemented.
    It would be hilarious to the toad (and Kyogre I guess), just use something that counters Politoed and stall it for the turns, and I forgot if it switches out, Drizzle is useless. Yay for meta game without that rain.

Parch is wayyy too op. Me no likez how we hatez on water :<

New Abilities:
    Spirit Burden

Spirit Surge

Slow Striker
    Spirit Burden - Before saying whether or not the ability is broken, I'd like to point out that this ability doesn't work. The game doesn't keep track of whether or not stat changes are inflicted by any Pokémon (moves like Stockpile and Charge don't count, as the game does keep track of whether or not the user has used those moves). When a foe switches out, the game has no way of knowing what stat changes were inflicted by what Pokémon.
    As for brokenness, yeah, it's pretty broken. There's a reason why stat changes subside after a Pokémon is switched out, and this would defeat the purpose of switching out 90% of the time.

Spirit Surge - This is also pretty broken, though not quite as broken as Spirit Burden. What effectiveness would Psychic-type moves have on a Dark-type Pokémon, 1x, 0.5x, or what?

Slow Striker - Seems fine. How much of a Speed penalty does it give?

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    What if I made it so it increases the chance of added effects(like a move version of Serene Grace) by 10% but it can only be used once per switch in like Focus energy? But since the Percentage is low it stacks with Serene Grace.
    I guess that'd work, since nobody's really complaining about King's Rock being broken or anything.

Does it stack with Serene Grace? Also, how much does it increase? or does it just double it like Serene Grace
    Magic Ribbon doesn't stack with Serene Grace, but has the exact same effect as it. So it doubles the chance of secondary effects.

Is this meant to be an Electric-type Haze?

And that physical damage category seems weird. If a Jolteon used this with five Ferrothorn on the field, would it get damaged by each of them since Electro Drop is a physical status move? If not, it should be status, since the move doesn't do damage based on either offensive stat.

Ability: Frictionless- Not affected by Speed drops

Ability: Momentum- 20% chance of breaking through Protect, Detect, Wide Guard, or Fast Guard.
    Frictionless - Seems alright.

Momentum - I feel iffy about this ability, but then again, Thunder's viability in rain isn't really its 30% chance to circumvent Protect.

ERASER

Description:
    Several issues with this move:
    1) I see that it can hit non-adjacent Pokémon in Triple Battles. Is this intended?
    2) Why can't it hit Steel-type Pokémon? It's Dragon-type, not Poison-type, so it doesn't really make sense. If the intention is that an eraser doesn't affect metal, then the move shouldn't be Dragon-type in the first place.
    3) If it's not blocked by Substitute, does the Substitute take the damage, or does the move pretend like the Substitute doesn't exist (and therefore doesn't make the substitute break)?
    4) The user needing to have 50% or less of its HP actually makes the move more broken than if the user needs to have 100% of its HP. This is because a -4 stat change and a 49% HP drop is less of a penalty than a -4 stat change and a 99% HP drop.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Ability: Regrowth
    Effect: If hit by a cutting attack, the pokemon will restore 40% of it's health. However, the pokemon is also given a weakness to fire.
    Distribution: Tengela, Tengrowth, Slowpoke/King/Bro, Deoxys, Starmie.

Pokemon: Hydritile
    Type: Dragon/Poison
    HP: 125
    Att: 110
    Def: 85
    Sp.att: 60
    Sp.def: 85
    Speed: 20
    Abilities: Regrowth

Viable Moves: Dragon Claw, Outrage, Earthquake, Flare Blitz, Dragon Dance, Crunch, Dragon Tail, Recover.

Just because I want a pokemon inspired by the Greek version of the hydra. That's also why I made the ability.

It's probably already been aid, but also give Shuckle Poison Heal. It would simply love that ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Ability: Regrowth
    Effect: If hit by a cutting attack, the pokemon will restore 40% of it's health. However, the pokemon is also given a weakness to fire.
    Distribution: Tangela, Tangrowth, Slowpoke/King/Bro, Deoxys, Starmie.

Pokemon: Hydritile
    Type: Dragon/Poison
    HP: 125
    Att: 110
    Def: 85
    Sp.att: 60
    Sp.def: 85
    Speed: 20
    Abilities: Regrowth

It's probably already been aid, but also give Shuckle Poison Heal. It would simply love that ability.
    Regrowth - 40% HP restored after being hit by a cutting move? It seems really powerful with such a high HP restoration percentage. 12.5% and it seems fine, but anything higher and it starts to get too powerful. What is a "cutting move", anyway? For obviously reasons, Cut would be one such move, but what else qualifies?

Hydritile - A Dragon/Poison Pokémon seems neat. With those stats, I could see it as sponging some hits and then 70% of the time wreaking havoc on the opponent's team.

Poison Heal Shuckle - It fits flavorfully, but would Shuckle's extremely low base HP really make Poison Heal worth it?

Yes, Poison Heal Shuckle is needed IMO as it doesn't have a good recovery move.

Regrowth - 40% HP restored after being hit by a cutting move? It seems really powerful with such a high HP restoration percentage. 12.5% and it seems fine, but anything higher and it starts to get too powerful. What is a "cutting move", anyway? For obviously reasons, Cut would be one such move, but what else qualifies?
    Cut, Slash, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Crush Claw, Fury Cutter, Psycho Cut, False Swipe, Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, and Crush Claw.

The reason the percentage is so high is because these moves are so rarely seen, and besides that, it gets a fire move from them. But 12.5 is far to little for it to be worth the trouble, especially considering that there is the ability water absorb, which heals the pokemon when hit by any water move.
    Poison Heal Shuckle - It fits flavorfully, but would Shuckle's extremely low base HP really make Poison Heal worth it?
    It's defenses will help make up for it. Sure, it won't be healing much health, but it won't be taking much damage either, especially in a sandstorm. All it'll have to do is use protect every other turn, and it'll probably hang in for much longer than it would without.

Cut, Slash, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Crush Claw, Fury Cutter, Psycho Cut, False Swipe, Aerial Ace, X-Scissor, and Crush Claw.

The reason the percentage is so high is because these moves are so rarely seen, and besides that, it gets a fire move from them. But 12.5 is far to little for it to be worth the trouble, especially considering that there is the ability water absorb, which heals the pokemon when hit by any water move.It's defenses will help make up for it. Sure, it won't be healing much health, but it won't be taking much damage either, especially in a sandstorm. All it'll have to do is use protect every other turn, and it'll probably hang in for much longer than it would without.
    Where's Shadow Claw and Cross Poison?

But the rarity of these moves (actually, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Psycho Cut, and X-Scissor aren't that rare) doesn't really justify such a big HP restoration percentage. Giving a +6 Attack move to Sunkern and Sunkern only won't happen despite its rarity because of the potency of the move, and giving the afflicted Pokémon a 40% HP restoration despite the rarity of these cutting moves is similar.

Giving a +6 Attack move to Sunkern and Sunkern only won't happen despite its rarity because of the potency of the move, and giving the afflicted Pokémon a 40% HP restoration despite the rarity of these cutting moves is similar.
    I have a question regarding you +6 Sunkern example. So does that mean Belly Drum is broken as well? because that's essentially what it does.

I have a question regarding you +6 Sunkern example. So does that mean Belly Drum is broken as well? because that's essentially what it does.
    Belly Drum in particular isn't broken because of its penalty that it gives its user. +6 Attack without penalty is broken, no matter what Pokémon has it (because of the move itself, not because of its distribution).

Belly Drum in particular isn't broken because of its penalty that it gives its user. +6 Attack without penalty is broken, no matter what Pokémon has it (because of the move itself, not because of its distribution).
    You should have mentioned that before then, you just flat out said a +6 stat move = broken. So there is more to determining whether a move is broken then just what it does.

You should have mentioned that before then, you just flat out said a +6 stat move = broken. So there is more to determining whether a move is broken then just what it does.
    When I say a "+6 Attack move", it's assumed to be a +6 Attack move that has no penalty at all. Otherwise I would've said something like a "+6 Attack move that gives the user a harsh penalty" or something.

Nana even more attacks. Today @ school was frigging boring due to well, nothing much to do, but ...

Some of them are renewed ideas from the past... Kudos if you can remember XD

Attacks
    Crimson Grip (Dark)
    PP: 15/Power: 40/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
    The user grips the foe viciously that prevents the foe from switching.

Web Shock (Electric)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
    The user shoots electricity at the foe by transmitting it by strings. This attack fails if the String Shot has not been used.
    - Formulla: 80 x n ( n = no of string shots used)

Wind Toss (Flying)
    PP: 20/Power: 60/Accuracy: 90/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: All pokemon on the foe's side
    The user tosses a strong wind at the foe that may confuse the foe.
    - Confusion Chance = 30%

Renewed Attacks
    String Shot (Bug)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
    The user shoots string at the foe that lowers speed and prevents the foe from switching out.

Mehhh

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

And for some reason, a fire weakness suddenly doesn't count as a penalty?

Nana even more attacks. Today @ school was frigging boring due to well, nothing much to do, but ...

Some of them are renewed ideas from the past... Kudos if you can remember XD

Attacks
    Crimson Grip (Dark)
    PP: 15/Power: 40/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
    The user grips the foe viciously that prevents the foe from switching.

Web Shock (Electric)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
    The user shoots electricity at the foe by transmitting it by strings. This attack fails if the String Shot has not been used.
    - Formulla: 80 x n ( n = no of string shots used)

Wind Toss (Flying)
    PP: 20/Power: 60/Accuracy: 90/Category: Special/Priority: 0/Target: All pokemon on the foe's side
    The user tosses a strong wind at the foe that may confuse the foe.
    - Confusion Chance = 30%

Renewed Attacks
    String Shot (Bug)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Selected Foe
    The user shoots string at the foe that lowers speed and prevents the foe from switching out.

Mehhh
    Crimson Grip - Sure, but it prevents the target from switching under what condition? As long as the move is used? As long as the user is on the field? It doesn't really make sense that the move prevents the target from switching even if the move isn't continually used.

Web Shock - As I probably mentioned before, a move that isn't over the power curve shouldn't have any reason to only work after a certain move has been used (like Rollout).

Wind Toss - Alright. A weaker Hurricane that compensates itself by hitting all foes works.

String Shot - This would probably mean that a lot of early-game Bug-type Pokémon would have to have some other Speed-decreasing move.

And for some reason, a fire weakness suddenly doesn't count as a penalty?
    It does, but it doesn't really make sense for most of the Pokémon mentioned, nor does it seem detrimental enough (in the case of Starmie).

Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast