Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

^And next to that, evasion boosting abilities are now banned, so missing with 100% accurate attacks shouldn't be a problem.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post

quick attack and friends have 100 accuracy.
    That doesn't mean that they can't miss, though:

Mudkip used Mud-Slap! Torchic's accuracy fell!
    Torchic used Scratch! The foe Mudkip avoided the attack!

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Refer to HERE for a list of accuracy decreasing moves

I say Heat Sprint and friends (except Mach Volt) are just inferior Quick Attack and friends. Extremespeed = Mach Volt, so me gusta.

You say priority day? I say negative-priority day!

Ability Room (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Everyone/Priority: -7
    The user creates a bizarre room where all abilities, including the user's, are nullified for five turns.
    <Ability Room cannot be casted by Slaking and Archeops. But an ability room Slaking would be... interesting :3 But that means proper team support, fyi. It's a Ability counterpart of Magic Room before anyone yells OP>

Counter Strike (Fighting)
    PP: 10/Power: 60/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Target: Selected Foe/Priority: -1
    The user blocks off moves that always goes first and attacks with double the base power.
    It's a Focus Punch for Priority move, how it works (Message)
    Turn 0: Scizor is sent out, MissingNo is sent out.
    Turn 1: MissingNo is preparing for a counter, Scizor uses Sword Dance, MissingNo uses Counter Strike (60dmg)
    Turn 2: MissingNo is preparing for a coutner, Scizor uses Bullet Punch, MissingNo blocked off the attack and countered! (120dmg)

Slash Storm (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: 85/Accuracy: --/Category: Special/Target: Selected Foe/Priority: -1
    The user allows the foe to go first, but the attack never misses.

Some negative priority changes:
    Vital Throw: Power increased to 85 (70... seriously? and negative priority?)

An ability to abuse negative priority attacks (actually two...)
    Heavy Arm: The user does 30% damage if it uses moves that always go last
    Spiral Mind: Lowers accuracy, but boosts special attack.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Refer to HERE for a list of accuracy decreasing moves

I say Heat Sprint and friends (except Mach Volt) are just inferior Quick Attack and friends. Extremespeed = Mach Volt, so me gusta.

You say priority day? I say negative-priority day!

Ability Room (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Everyone/Priority: -7
    The user creates a bizarre room where all abilities, including the user's, are nullified for five turns.
    <Ability Room cannot be casted by Slaking and Archeops. But an ability room Slaking would be... interesting :3 But that means proper team support, fyi. It's a Ability counterpart of Magic Room before anyone yells OP>

Counter Strike (Fighting)
    PP: 10/Power: 60/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Target: Selected Foe/Priority: -1
    The user blocks off moves that always goes first and attacks with double the base power.
    It's a Focus Punch for Priority move, how it works (Message)
    Turn 0: Scizor is sent out, MissingNo is sent out.
    Turn 1: MissingNo is preparing for a counter, Scizor uses Sword Dance, MissingNo uses Counter Strike (60dmg)
    Turn 2: MissingNo is preparing for a coutner, Scizor uses Bullet Punch, MissingNo blocked off the attack and countered! (120dmg)

Slash Storm (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: 85/Accuracy: --/Category: Special/Target: Selected Foe/Priority: -1
    The user allows the foe to go first, but the attack never misses.

Some negative priority changes:
    Vital Throw: Power increased to 85 (70... seriously? and negative priority?)

An ability to abuse negative priority attacks (actually two...)
    Heavy Arm: The user does 30% damage if it uses moves that always go last
    Spiral Mind: Lowers accuracy, but boosts special attack.
    Heat Sprint and friends have 5 less power than Quick Attack and friends due to the Swift clause making them unable to miss. Is the inability to miss really not that much of a benefit?

Ability Room - Well, just because it can't be used by Slaking and Archeops doesn't mean it doesn't affect them, right? Their abilities would still be treated as though they don't exist?

Counter Strike - Aside from the name, I'm iffy on this one. It's good for Pokémon that expect Ice Shards, such as Dragonite, but otherwise, I don't find it to be too useful most of the time. I'd add a "fail if used in succession" clause in there just for good measure.

Slash Storm - As a strictly worse Aura Sphere in terms of power and priority, I'd say this is fine.

Vital Throw - Fine.

Heavy Arm - Does the Pokémon only get the power increase if it goes last using a negative priority move? Or does it get the power increase if it uses a negative priority move, regardless of whether or not it goes last during the turn? Regardless, I'd say that this ability seems pretty good.

Spiral Mind - Hustle variant but for Sp. Atk? I say yes.

By the way, "selected foe" targeting means that the move can hit non-adjacent Pokémon in Triple Battles. I'm pretty sure that this wasn't intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Heat Sprint and friends have 5 less power than Quick Attack and friends due to the Swift clause making them unable to miss. Is the inability to miss really not that much of a benefit?

Ability Room - Well, just because it can't be used by Slaking and Archeops doesn't mean it doesn't affect them, right? Their abilities would still be treated as though they don't exist?

Counter Strike - Aside from the name, I'm iffy on this one. It's good for Pokémon that expect Ice Shards, such as Dragonite, but otherwise, I don't find it to be too useful most of the time. I'd add a "fail if used in succession" clause in there just for good measure.

Slash Storm - As a strictly worse Aura Sphere in terms of power and priority, I'd say this is fine.

Vital Throw - Fine.

Heavy Arm - Does the Pokémon only get the power increase if it goes last using a negative priority move? Or does it get the power increase if it uses a negative priority move, regardless of whether or not it goes last during the turn? Regardless, I'd say that this ability seems pretty good.

Spiral Mind - Hustle variant but for Sp. Atk? I say yes.

By the way, "selected foe" targeting means that the move can hit non-adjacent Pokémon in Triple Battles. I'm pretty sure that this wasn't intended.
    Well since stuff such as Sand Attack or Mud Slap or Leaf Tornado are barely used competitively, normal priority moves are still better. So unless Sand Attack is going to be a new fashion trend, I'd say Heat Sprint and friends wouldn't get much usage when other priority moves are available. However, it'd be an interesting option for pokemon that don't get normal priority moves.

Slash Storm is Psychic type, so it shouldn't be compared to Aura Sphere. It's more of an in-game move because, like I said, Sand Attack isn't running around freely competitively.

I guess Vital Throw and Slash Storm are for pokemon that get Hustle (it was my original thoughts for the attack) but want a higher power attack while not having Aura Sphere.

Or Spiral Mind...

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    Well since stuff such as Sand Attack or Mud Slap or Leaf Tornado are barely used competitively, normal priority moves are still better. So unless Sand Attack is going to be a new fashion trend, I'd say Heat Sprint and friends wouldn't get much usage when other priority moves are available. However, it'd be an interesting option for pokemon that don't get normal priority moves.

Slash Storm is Psychic type, so it shouldn't be compared to Aura Sphere. It's more of an in-game move because, like I said, Sand Attack isn't running around freely competitively.
    Yeah, I guess the low viability of Accuracy-lowering moves makes Heat Sprint effectively inferior to Quick Attack when not considering type.

In terms of not missing and having approximately the same power, Slash Storm is like Aura Sphere, yeah. A lot of the time, though, I'd agree that the -1 priority is likely to be the difference between the user being KO'd and the foe being KO'd.

Eviolift ( I'm so creative )- the opposite of Eviolite but boosts attack and sp attack by 20%.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Eviolift ( I'm so creative )- the opposite of Eviolite but boosts attack and sp attack by 20%.
    If it's an opposite, then it should raise Attack and Sp. Atk by 50%, not 20%. But the fact that that would be broken due to it being strictly better than Choice Specs and Choice Band really bothers me.

Eviolite should have given a 20% Defense and Sp. Def increase instead. :/

eviolite is fine.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

People continuously complaining about Stealth Rock! Coincidentally, if there were a Pokemon of every type, its only weakness would be Rock. Kind of fitting that they chose Rock when you think about it but then again, I do feel bad for some of the guys who got the short end of the stick. Nonetheless, if Game Freak ever changes it up, I'd say, rid of Stealth Rock and either allow Spikes to possibly hit the airborne or just change Stealth Rock's damage to 12.5% no matter the type of the one who enters stage.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    eviolite is fine.
    It doesn't feel right that the not-fully-evolved form of some Pokémon are better than the fully-evolved forms because of the massive stat boosts that it gives. :/

It doesn't feel right that the not-fully-evolved form of some Pokémon are better than the fully-evolved forms because of the massive stat boosts that it gives. :/
    It doesn't matter, some however don't have the niches of there fully evolved form and go in a different route in finding a niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    It doesn't matter, some however don't have the niches of there fully evolved form and go in a different route in finding a niche.
    Say there were an item that gave a 50% Attack and Sp. Atk boost to a Pokémon that wasn't fully evolved. Would that be alright, and if not, why not?

If Defense and Sp. Def are the opposites of Attack and Sp. Atk, respectively, then if one of the two in the pair in the pair of opposites is boosted a certain amount and is perfectly fine, then the other one should be able to be raised that same amount and be perfectly fine, too.

Life Plate
    User's HP is reduced by 1/16 each time you take an attack, but both Defenses are raised (by whatever the % Life Orb is)

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Life Plate
    User's HP is reduced by 1/16 each time you take an attack, but both Defenses are raised (by whatever the % Life Orb is)
    User's HP is reduced by 1/16? Or user takes 1/16 HP damage? o:

And the Life Orb percent is 30%.

1/16 their current HP, so it get's less the lower your HP goes, since Tankers don't wanna lose that much HP at a time.

Imagine Blissey with it, I'm not sure if even Porygon-Z's Adaptability Hyper Beam could KO it anymore...

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    1/16 their current HP, so it get's less the lower your HP goes, since Tankers don't wanna lose that much HP at a time.

Imagine Blissey with it, I'm not sure if even Porygon-Z's Adaptability Hyper Beam could KO it anymore...
    I actually don't think there's been any battle mechanic that is based on percentages of current HP instead of maximum HP that utilize indirect damage, actually. Still, I think it'd still be better off as 1/16 max HP damage rather than 1/16 current HP damage. I don't know, it just makes more sense to me.

Change light ball so it multiplies speed, defense, and special defense all by 1.5, while still retaining it's old effects.

Just because I want Pikachu viable in OU.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Change light ball so it multiplies speed, defense, and special defense all by 1.5, while still retaining it's old effects.

Just because I want Pikachu viable in OU.
    As much as I love the little yellow mouse, I think a x1.5 boost in all stats is slightly overpowered for it.

As much as I love the little yellow mouse, I think a x1.5 boost in all stats is slightly overpowered for it.
    Except that Pickachu would suck without those boost. :/

Well, if it makes you feel better, maybe just 30% for defenses....I still don't think it'd be broken, though. Just look at it's stats.

Except that Pickachu would suck without those boost. :/

Well, if it makes you feel better, maybe just 30% for defenses....I still don't think it'd be broken, though. Just look at it's stats.
    Yeah, I guess. Except that Pikachu would most likely outclass a vast number of Pokémon in the lower tiers.

Yeah, I guess. Except that Pikachu would most likely outclass a vast number of Pokémon in the lower tiers.
    That wouldn't matter if it jumped to OU, now would it?

Edit: I did some calcs. If I want it to jump to OU without messing up the metagame to much, I guess it'd need less of a sp.def boost so that Genesect and other special scarfers can still revenge kill it. More specifically, Genesect, who seems to be a lot of people's revenge killer now and days, though maybe lowering Genesect's usage wouldn't actually be all that bad...

That wouldn't matter if it jumped to OU, now would it?

Edit: I did some calcs. If I want it to jump to OU without messing up the metagame to much, I guess it'd need less of a sp.def boost so that Genesect and other special scarfers can still revenge kill it. More specifically, Genesect, who seems to be a lot of people's revenge killer now and days, though maybe lowering Genesect's usage wouldn't actually be all that bad...
    Well, Pikachu jumping to OU would mean that it's too powerful for the lower tiers, so yeah, it would matter I guess.

Having a not-fully-evolved form of a Pokémon beating the fully-evolved form solely through the use of an item never made sense to me. Personally, I never believe that should have happened, so again I propose Eviolite giving 20% boosts instead of 50% boosts. :/

Doubblleeee the Triple!!!!! (that's 6..?)

Here are some moves that work ONLY in triple

Formation
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Adjacent Ally
    The user lowers defense, attack and speed, but the user's ally will receive a sharp boost in attack and speed.

Analyse
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Priority: 0/Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon
    The user identifies a foe, and prevents it from using any multi Pokemon hitting moves. However, it only works in double and triple battles. (Example: Surf, earthquake, rock slide)

New Abilities
    Heart Aura
    The user heals adjacent allies by 1/16 of their maximum hp every round.

ASB Squad

Having a not-fully-evolved form of a Pokémon beating the fully-evolved form solely through the use of an item never made sense to me. Personally, I never believe that should have happened, so again I propose Eviolite giving 20% boosts instead of 50% boosts. :/
    Honestly, that boost would make the eviolite useless, but more importantly, this is the competitive section. There is a general section for that whole Eviolite gig, since it's not broken at all competitively.

But even then, Pikachu is the mascot for Arceus's sake....even if t wouldn't happen with anything else, Pikachu should still be an exception.

Page 48 of 88 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast