Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    cloud nine only works on user. it really does.
    No, it negates the effect of weather as long as the Pokémon is out on the field. Kyogre's Thunder will only have 70% (or 80%, whatever) accuracy even if it doesn't affect the Pokémon with Cloud Nine. It's identical to Air Lock in terms of effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilan View Post
    The problem is that cloud nine and air lock work only as long as the user is out then the endless rain/sun/hail/sand continues I don't say it will lock weather forever just that it will clear it like permanent weather does.. it is annoying it isn't that useful being temporal..
    it will make weather more balanced.. so balanced teams can rise with pokemons which cancel weather. rayquaza's usage will skyrocket.
    Oh, if you mean Cloud Nine triggers upon the Pokémon being sent out (like Intimidate) and it eliminates weather upon trigger as an added effect, then sure, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    Bring Encores 2-6 turn (forgot the limit) back, it was so good until it was nerfed to three turns IMO.

And increase Seismatoads Attacking stats by 20 each and give a better movepool along with Nasty Plot.

Hope it isn't broken.
    I never knew why they standardized the turn limits for those kinds of moves (Taunt, Torment, etc.), so I wouldn't mind having the turn fluctuation return.
    As far as Seismitoad goes, it wouldn't be that broken if its attacking stats were increased by a total of 20 between both stats, but I don't see how it could flavorfully have Nasty Plot.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

ReMOVE CHOICE SCARF

Quote Originally Posted by High28s View Post
    ReMOVE CHOICE SCARF
    It's fine how it is.

New Ability: Parasite (No, I haven't made a battle mechanic with this name yet)
    "The Pokémon is healed whenever other Pokémon take poison damage."
    - A Pokémon with Parasite is healed by 1/16 of its HP every time a Pokémon on the field (including itself) takes poison damage of any amount. Note that if it triggers off itself taking poison damage, the poison damage happens first, and then it triggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    New Ability: Parasite (No, I haven't made a battle mechanic with this name yet)
    "The Pokémon is healed whenever other Pokémon take poison damage."
    - A Pokémon with Parasite is healed by 1/16 of its HP every time a Pokémon on the field (including itself) takes poison damage of any amount. Note that if it triggers off itself taking poison damage, the poison damage happens first, and then it triggers.
    sounds interesting. but isnt leech seed parasitic enough?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

sounds interesting. but isnt leech seed parasitic enough?
    Well, some would argue that no, it isn't parasitic enough. :P

Speaking of which, this would be a toggle-ability for Pokémon like Vileplume, Venomoth, and Crobat.

toggle ability? you mean in addition to its norm ability? i hate that idea.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Custom Ability:

Reflex: Gives full immunity to damage inflicting priority moves (e.g Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Ice Shard etc).
    Under Construction

that is broken.

that is broken.
    So you don't want that Scizor Bullet Punching the heebeejeebies out of ya?

I think it's fine, reminds me of SoundProof.

toggle ability? you mean in addition to its norm ability? i hate that idea.
    No, toggle ability. I explained it before, but if you bring a Pokémon to an NPC, they would change that Pokémon's ability from one to the other, and it wouldn't change back unless you talk to the NPC again. So in essence, it would be possible for the player to pick a Pokémon that has any of five abilities, though it would only have access to two at a time (one for DW Pokémon) and have one at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Custom Ability:

Reflex: Gives full immunity to damage inflicting priority moves (e.g Bullet Punch, Mach Punch, Ice Shard etc).
    The point of priority moves is to catch the foe off-guard, in a sense. For a Pokémon to be completely immune to them is arguably broken. I'd rather have it so that they have a certain percent chance of missing, or reduced damage from these kinds of moves, or something else like that.

half damage from priority makes it a little fairer.

The idea would be no more cruel than the ability Magic Bounce.
    Not to mention only a select few Pokemon would have the ability.
    Under Construction

The idea would be no more cruel than the ability Magic Bounce.
    Not to mention only a select few Pokemon would have the ability.
    Although it doesn't apply as much here, brokenness of an ability is determined by the ability first, then the combination of the ability and the Pokémon that get it.

Magic Bounce and Magic Guard effectively deflect and block indirect damage, which is often used by walls that typically don't deal much damage anyway. As it is now, Reflex pretty much shuts down Pokémon that rely on using priority moves to nab KO's.

I'll agree with you that the question of brokenness isn't quite on the fence yet, but the priority move-hate of this ability could be toned down slightly.

Although it doesn't apply as much here, brokenness of an ability is determined by the ability first, then the combination of the ability and the Pokémon that get it.

Magic Bounce and Magic Guard effectively deflect and block indirect damage, which is often used by walls that typically don't deal much damage anyway. As it is now, Reflex pretty much shuts down Pokémon that rely on using priority moves to nab KO's.

I'll agree with you that the question of brokenness isn't quite on the fence yet, but the priority move-hate of this ability could be toned down slightly.
    I wouldn't put the ability on any super speedy Pokemon, or Pokemon that get speed boosting moves (just to make it more fair).
    In all, there are only eleven priority moves that inflict damage (Bide, Pursuit, and Focus Punch I wouldn't count).
    I can't think of one single Pokemon who completely relies on priority moves. Normally, a player only has one, maybe two priority moves set on their Pokemon.
    There aren't any abilities or Pokemon moves off the top of my head that could cause this ability to be broken. There are abilities and moves that eliminate it, though (e.g Mold Breaker, Gastro Acid).
    Under Construction

There aren't any abilities or Pokemon moves off the top of my head that could cause this ability to be broken. There are abilities and moves that eliminate it, though (e.g Mold Breaker, Gastro Acid).
    None in the game, currently, but there's always Mach Volt. :P

None in the game, currently, but there's always Mach Volt. :P
    All of those were physical based. I say we need more special based priorities so Vacuum Wave will no longer be a loner.
    Under Construction

Give Ferrothorn Earthquake alongside Escavalier so they can run there Choice Band sets better.

haven't posted anything in a while, so....

but duranteater, it makes no sense for escavalier to ge earthquake. i just can't think of any flavorful reason why.

New Abilities:

Malware

if a pokemon would receive an attack or special attack boonus from download, that pokemon receives a minus two penalty to that stat instead of a plus one bonus.

before the second ability, look at this.

new pokemon:

Ice/Fighting

stats:

90hp
    150atk
    60def
    40sp.atk
    60sp.def
    100spe

how to balence it out? like this.

second ability is:

(i dont have a name for it)

if this pokemon switches into a faster foe, its speed is increased by one, but if it switches into a slower foe, its speed is lowered by one.

@GOTF it won't matter how it can do it, remember Wooper and Ice Punch ;p

The Pokemon you made looks good, does he get Ice Shard and all that good stuff?

A second Intimidate needs to be created, only it lowers Special Attack by one stage instead.
    Under Construction

And a lowering Speed variant to go alongside!

Speed Variant distribution: Kyurem, Lucario, Jynx, Mr. Mime.

A second Intimidate needs to be created, only it lowers Special Attack by one stage instead.
    that topic has been went over like a billion times.

@GOTF it won't matter how it can do it, remember Wooper and Ice Punch ;p

The Pokemon you made looks good, does he get Ice Shard and all that good stuff?
    i was originally imaging no priority. and its weak to nearly all priority and probably couldn't take any hit well. and its ability makes it insanely hard to be used properly.

The Speed idea would be even better.
    They'd have to create an ability equivalent to Hyper Cutter to make it more balanced, though.
    Under Construction

All of those were physical based. I say we need more special based priorities so Vacuum Wave will no longer be a loner.
    Definitely agreed. I think I posted a special-based priority move somewhere here before, but I'm too lazy to sift it out.

Give Ferrothorn Earthquake alongside Escavalier so they can run there Choice Band sets better.
    I don't understand how Ferrothorn would be able to use it. Escavalier, sure, but not Ferrothorn.
    And while on the subject, remove Wooper's Ice Punch. To be fair, though, Quagsire can punch, but Ferrothorn can't shake the ground.

Malware

if a pokemon would receive an attack or special attack boonus from download, that pokemon receives a minus two penalty to that stat instead of a plus one bonus.

(i dont have a name for it)

if this pokemon switches into a faster foe, its speed is increased by one, but if it switches into a slower foe, its speed is lowered by one.
    Malware - I'm really not a fan of "hating" on specific abilities... :/

(Unnamed) - This actually seems pretty good. (:

Page 50 of 88 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460 ... LastLast