Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    um............

for castform it would let him keep the first forme he changes to for the rest of the battle, regardless of if the weather has changed.
    But that would make the item behave differently for Castform and Castform only. It would make much more sense if an item were made exclusively for Castform that had this effect.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

fine. there is one. it's called castform's stones.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

New Ability: Parallelism
    "Strengthens the power of moves that hit multiple Pokémon at once."
    - In Doubles and Triples, the damage of moves like Surf and Earthquake are normally reduced. However, with this move, the user suffers no damage drawback from using Surf or Earthquake in Doubles and Triples.

Quote Originally Posted by Duranteater View Post
    As I said in some other page, does it matter if one made a move that was made two weeks ago or something? Not everyone can remember stuff like this all the time.
    And as I said on other pages I was just pointing it out, was not expecting them to remember anything. -____-

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Wildfire - You say that the move is affected by STAB in one instance, but in another, you say that it's not. It doesn't really matter either way, since the move itself is relatively weak with zero priority, but I thought I'd just mention that.
    I said its not affected by STAB Where did I say its not? Are you referring to before I edited it? If so I did accidentally put it was but I edited that out a while a go. The reason I made the move weak was because of the after effect damage.

Unify - There's a part of me that really doesn't like these types of battle mechanics. Regardless of my bias against them, it's too powerful if the lead Pokémon has this. Imagine Unify with Eviolite or something.
    That's why I'm gonna leave it at 5 %

New Ability: Parallelism
    "Strengthens the power of moves that hit multiple Pokémon at once."
    - In Doubles and Triples, the damage of moves like Surf and Earthquake are normally reduced. However, with this move, the user suffers no damage drawback from using Surf or Earthquake in Doubles and Triples.
    I did not know in double and triple battles move that hit multiple opponents were reduced? Didn't they change that mechanic in Gen 4? Either way this ability is cool but kinda situational though.

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    That's why I'm gonna leave it at 5 %
    Eh, 5% per remaining team member is half of an Eviolite, which is quite a lot if you think about it.

I did not know in double and triple battles move that hit multiple opponents were reduced? Didn't they change that mechanic in Gen 4? Either way this ability is cool but kinda situational though.
    To my knowledge it hasn't been eliminated, but if it has, of course I wouldn't put that in as an ability.

As an alternative or addition:

New Ability: Linear Sight
    "Boosts the power of moves that hit multiple Pokémon against the foe straight across."
    - Again, pretty situational, and it's probably hard to comprehend based on the limited description, but here's basically how it works.

In the below situations (with a user U, valid targets X, unaffected targets P, and the foe straight across A), the Pokémon labeled A would be dealt 25% more damage that would normally be dealt. This is assuming that the user uses a move like Surf (that hits all adjacent Pokémon) or a move that hits adjacent foes:

A X P
    U X P

X A X
    X U X

A X P
    U P P

X A X
    P U P

Eh, 5% per remaining team member is half of an Eviolite, which is quite a lot if you think about it.
    Of course if I gave this ability to only fully evolved Pokemon I could get around this problem :P

You're right though, combined with the Eviolite it is too powerful but as an ability itself it's not to broken.

To my knowledge it hasn't been eliminated, but if it has, of course I wouldn't put that in as an ability.

As an alternative or addition:

New Ability: Linear Sight
    "Boosts the power of moves that hit multiple Pokémon against the foe straight across."
    - Again, pretty situational, and it's probably hard to comprehend based on the limited description, but here's basically how it works.

In the below situations (with a user U, valid targets X, unaffected targets P, and the foe straight across A), the Pokémon labeled A would be dealt 25% more damage that would normally be dealt. This is assuming that the user uses a move like Surf (that hits all adjacent Pokémon) or a move that hits adjacent foes:

A X P
    U X P

X A X
    X U X

A X P
    U P P

X A X
    P U P
    So will they wont get the boost in a single battle? because in a single battle there is always a Pokemon striaght across. If it does that is pretty powerful for them to get a boosted 25% with no repercussions.

I already posted this in the Dragon-Tamers club but I though I should post this here too:

New Pokemon:

Name: Cybernix, The Machine Dragon Pokémon
    Pronunciation: (Cyber-Neek)

Typing: Dragon/Steel

Design: Is a Limbless Dragon with its body entirely made up of Wires, Cords and metal. It has a sleek shiny tone. Its body is serpent like similar to that of Gyarados, Milotic, Serperior etc.

Pokédex: "This Pokémon was scientists attempt at recreating an ancient Dragon-Type Pokémon. It shoots giant flashes of lights out its mouth which are strong enough to cut through diamond."

Stats:
    BST: 510
    HP: 80
    Attack: 100
    Defense: 65
    Sp. Attack: 100
    Sp. Defense: 70
    Speed: 95

Noted moves: Flash Cannon, Dragon Dance, Dragon Tail, Dragon Pulse, Iron Tail, A lot of "Beam" moves. etc. I feel we needed an alternative to Dialga anyway.

It's signature move will be a new move I just made up.

New Move: Strident

Type: / Power: 90 / Accuracy: 90% / PP: 10 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user blasts a convergence of light that destroys anything it hits. It may raise the users Sp.Attack"

-It has a 20% chance of raising the Sp.Attack stat.

Unify
    "Raises Defense and Sp.Defense for every Ally left"

-Basically it raises the Defense and Sp.Defense for every Pokemon you have left in your team (not including the pokemon with the ability out) by 5% each. So the max it can reach is 25% when you have a full team of 6.

Distribution: Almost any Pokemon can get this.

Also, I would love feedback on if you think 5% is too small. I was gonna go for 10% but that seem a bit much, especially considering we have the Eviolite. Combining that with Unify to potentially double your Defense and Sp.Defense seems like a lot. So whatdya think?
    Depends on the distribution. 25% is pretty cool and would actually be a nice, fair addition to many Pokemon. 5% per poke with a max of 25 is good. 10% is WAY too much (assuming the cap is 50%) because then you have stuff like Garchomp laughing at Ice Beams and Chansey surviving literally everything, even CB Terrakion's Close Combat.

Like I said it depends on the distribution. If literally "almost any Pokemon can get this" Stall would be much harder to break. Then again stall kind of sucks now and might need a boost, so who knows.

Of course if I gave this ability to only fully evolved Pokemon I could get around this problem :P

You're right though, combined with the Eviolite it is too powerful but as an ability itself it's not to broken.
    Filter reduces super-effective damage only by a quarter, and that's already pretty good. Make it so that the lead Pokémon in a team has a Filter that is applicable to all moves is still really powerful.

So will they wont get the boost in a single battle? because in a single battle there is always a Pokemon striaght across. If it does that is pretty powerful for them to get a boosted 25% with no repercussions.
    No, they wouldn't get boosts in a Single Battle, precisely because of power issues.

New Move: Strident

Type: / Power: 90 / Accuracy: 90% / PP: 10 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user blasts a convergence of light that destroys anything it hits. It may raise the users Sp.Attack"

-It has a 20% chance of raising the Sp.Attack stat.
    Seems pretty good. Because it's a signature move (one of the exceptions to that "rarity doesn't justify power level" rule), the move seems pretty solid and balanced (no pun intended).

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    Depends on the distribution. 25% is pretty cool and would actually be a nice, fair addition to many Pokemon. 5% per poke with a max of 25 is good. 10% is WAY too much (assuming the cap is 50%) because then you have stuff like Garchomp laughing at Ice Beams and Chansey surviving literally everything, even CB Terrakion's Close Combat.

Like I said it depends on the distribution. If literally "almost any Pokemon can get this" Stall would be much harder to break. Then again stall kind of sucks now and might need a boost, so who knows.
    Yeah I'm gonna leave it at 5%. As for the Pokemon who get it its hard to come up with specific Pokemon who would get this since most pokemon do work together hence the name unify.

Filter reduces super-effective damage only by a quarter, and that's already pretty good. Make it so that the lead Pokémon in a team has a Filter that is applicable to all moves is still really powerful.
    Not exactly sure what you're asking or saying but making a move do 25% less damage is different then raising the defenses by 25% percent. Filter, just as Solid Rock is not as powerful as it may seem.

New Move: Bait

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 90% / PP: 15 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The target is baited into only using non-attacking moves for three turns."

-Basically the opposite of Taunt. Few things to note though: On the turn that Bait is used, if the Pokémon using Bait goes before the target and the target selected an attacking move that turn, the target can still attack that turn. Bait cannot be used on a Substitute.

Distribution: Dark Types, Ghost Types, Lopunny line, Gardevoir line, Milotic, Gothitelle line etc.

Revamped Move: Enchantment

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self and allies / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user creates a magical aura around their team that boosts the likelihood of added effects appearing for three turns. However it suppresses the teams Attack and Sp.Attack. "

-So like a Serene Grace in a move in that is doubles the added effects but it only lasts for 3 turns and it cuts the teams Attack and Sp.Attack by 50% for those 3 turns it is up. It does not stack with Serene Grace.

Distribution: Mostly Pokemon from the Fairy Egg group.

New Ability!

Countdown
    "Doubles time on turn effects"

-As it says it doubles the turns of things that last a certain amount of turns. So say a pokemon used Taunt on another Pokemon and a pokemon with Countdown is in battle when the move was used(it can be either you or your opponent). Taunt will now last 6 turns. This also applies to self inflicted moves such as Rest. So say a Pokemon used Rest and a Pokemon with Countdown is out, when it was used, The pokemon now goes to sleep for four turns. It even applies to the random sleep ailment which can last for 1 to 3 turns, with countdown whatever amount of turns they have is doubled. This ability also applies to Light Screen and Reflect.

Distribution: Klinkklang Line, Rotom, Porygon line, Magnemite line

Anyone notice the Freeze Glitch in BW2? If true then there should be a 5% to freeze.

Anyone notice the Freeze Glitch in BW2? If true then there should be a 5% to freeze.
    What Freeze glitch?

What Freeze glitch?
    There a chance in which your Pokemon will never unthaw in BW2.

There a chance in which your Pokemon will never unthaw in BW2.
    Really? I did not know happened, well probably cause I never got frozen in My Black 2 Japanese play through :P

But if it is a glitch and not just a a change in the mechanic then they should not lower freeze chance but rather make sure to fix that glitch in the next game.

New Move: Bait

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: 90% / PP: 15 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The target is baited into only using non-attacking moves for three turns."

-Basically the opposite of Taunt. Few things to note though: On the turn that Bait is used, if the Pokémon using Bait goes before the target and the target selected an attacking move that turn, the target can still attack that turn. Bait cannot be used on a Substitute.

Distribution: Dark Types, Ghost Types, Lopunny line, Gardevoir line, Milotic, Gothitelle line etc.

Revamped Move: Enchantment

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self and allies / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user creates a magical aura around their team that boosts the likelihood of added effects appearing for three turns. However it suppresses the teams Attack and Sp.Attack. "

-So like a Serene Grace in a move in that is doubles the added effects but it only lasts for 3 turns and it cuts the teams Attack and Sp.Attack by 50% for those 3 turns it is up. It does not stack with Serene Grace.

Distribution: Mostly Pokemon from the Fairy Egg group.

New Ability!

Countdown
    "Doubles time on turn effects"

-As it says it doubles the turns of things that last a certain amount of turns. So say a pokemon used Taunt on another Pokemon and a pokemon with Countdown is in battle when the move was used(it can be either you or your opponent). Taunt will now last 6 turns. This also applies to self inflicted moves such as Rest. So say a Pokemon used Rest and a Pokemon with Countdown is out, when it was used, The pokemon now goes to sleep for four turns. It even applies to the random sleep ailment which can last for 1 to 3 turns, with countdown whatever amount of turns they have is doubled. This ability also applies to Light Screen and Reflect.

Distribution: Klinkklang Line, Rotom, Porygon line, Magnemite line
    Bait - Are Bait and Taunt mutually exclusive? As in, if you use Taunt, Bait won't have any effect on the Taunted foe? Or do they cancel each other out, in that if you use Bait on a Taunted foe, it will no longer be Taunted, but instead will be Baited? Or do both conflict with each other and force the Pokémon use Struggle?

Enchantment - Sure, I guess. I think this was one of the moves that I said was fine, but I might not be remembering correctly.

Countdown -
    1) When does this apply? Does it apply only from the start of the duration of an effect? For example, if a Pokémon with Countdown uses Rain Dance, will that rain last ten turns even if the Pokémon with Countdown switches in the middle of its duration? Or if the user uses Rain Dance on turn 1 and switches out on turn 2, will the rain last for fewer than ten turns since the Pokémon with Countdown is no longer on the field?
    2) Do multiple instances of Countdown apply separately? I would assume not, because if there were three Pokémon with Countdown on the field, and one gets afflicted with sleep, then they wouldn't wake up until some 24 turns later or something.
    3) The name "Countdown" implies that time is rushed for one reason or another. From your description, it seems as though time is slowed, so the name doesn't really make sense. I know that not many people really care about the names of their moves, but I'm just putting that out there.

Bait - Are Bait and Taunt mutually exclusive? As in, if you use Taunt, Bait won't have any effect on the Taunted foe? Or do they cancel each other out, in that if you use Bait on a Taunted foe, it will no longer be Taunted, but instead will be Baited? Or do both conflict with each other and force the Pokémon use Struggle?
    No you can't be taunted and baited at the same time, they are are mutually exclusive

Countdown -
    1) When does this apply? Does it apply only from the start of the duration of an effect? For example, if a Pokémon with Countdown uses Rain Dance, will that rain last ten turns even if the Pokémon with Countdown switches in the middle of its duration? Or if the user uses Rain Dance on turn 1 and switches out on turn 2, will the rain last for fewer than ten turns since the Pokémon with Countdown is no longer on the field?
    2) Do multiple instances of Countdown apply separately? I would assume not, because if there were three Pokémon with Countdown on the field, and one gets afflicted with sleep, then they wouldn't wake up until some 24 turns later or something.
    3) The name "Countdown" implies that time is rushed for one reason or another. From your description, it seems as though time is slowed, so the name doesn't really make sense. I know that not many people really care about the names of their moves, but I'm just putting that out there.
    1) It applies only when the effect is activated, so if a pokemon with Countdown is out when Rain Dance was used it will last for double the amount of turns. So yes even if the pokemon with countdown switches it still applies. But if a pokemon is asleep and a pokemon with countdown switches in it will not double the time.

2) No multiple instances of Countdown do not count, it does not stack with another pokemon with countdown.

3) Meh, I could not think of a better name. I had the concept in mind but its always the name that gives me problems. What would you suggest?

1) It applies only when the effect is activated, so if a pokemon with Countdown is out when Rain Dance was used it will last for double the amount of turns. So yes even if the pokemon with countdown switches it still applies. But if a pokemon is asleep and a pokemon with countdown switches in it will not double the time.

2) No multiple instances of Countdown do not count, it does not stack with another pokemon with countdown.

3) Meh, I could not think of a better name. I had the concept in mind but its always the name that gives me problems. What would you suggest?
    1) Alright. It's pretty hard to mention this in that little text box, so I wanted to make sure that the intended effect was consistent.

2) That's good.

3) I can't really come up with a name for this ability in particular, I'm sorry. :/

New Move: Detain
    Type: Dark / Power: 55 / Accuracy: 95 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0 (Contact: Yes)
    "If the target faints, the Pokémon that will take its place will be restrained by this trapping move for one turn."
    - It's basically an offensive move and a Mean Look-type effect in the same move. The move first deals damage, and then if the target either faints or ejects itself due to Eject Button due to this move, the next Pokémon that is sent out will be unable to switch out or use Baton Pass on the next turn. (Note that they can still be forced out due to Roar, Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, or Circle Throw during this turn.)
    It should also be mentioned that because the Mean Look effect only applies if the target faints from this move, using Detain and then Dragon Tail on the same target in the same turn, for instance, won't activate the Mean Look effect.

New Move: Detain
    Type: Dark / Power: 55 / Accuracy: 95 / PP: 10 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0 (Contact: Yes)
    "If the target faints, the Pokémon that will take its place will be restrained by this trapping move for one turn."
    - It's basically an offensive move and a Mean Look-type effect in the same move. The move first deals damage, and then if the target either faints or ejects itself due to Eject Button due to this move, the next Pokémon that is sent out will be unable to switch out or use Baton Pass on the next turn. (Note that they can still be forced out due to Roar, Whirlwind, Dragon Tail, or Circle Throw during this turn.)
    It should also be mentioned that because the Mean Look effect only applies if the target faints from this move, using Detain and then Dragon Tail on the same target in the same turn, for instance, won't activate the Mean Look effect.
    You mention that using Detain and Dragon Tail on the same target on the same turn, but is that even possible in a single battle? Unless you were referring to Double and Triple battles? Other than that I think it's a cool move. Similar to my Wildfire in that the pokemon must be fainted from the move for the after effect to activate. We need more moves like that.

You mention that using Detain and Dragon Tail on the same target on the same turn, but is that even possible in a single battle? Unless you were referring to Double and Triple battles? Other than that I think it's a cool move. Similar to my Wildfire in that the pokemon must be fainted from the move for the after effect to activate. We need more moves like that.
    Yeah, unless I say otherwise, I always refer to Doubles and Triples when I say two moves are used on the same foe.

And I agree that there should be more "hybrid" moves. (:

Shuckle should get cosmic power and recover
    New Move:
    Draco Blast- Dragon type- physical- 100 power 100 accuracy 10 pp
    hits all opponents (and allies) within the user's range
    pretty much a dragon earthquake
    3DS friend code- jack-3394 4240 7265
    Games Mastered    Spoiler:- click here:

If you have any new in-game and competitive uses/ideas for Sceptile, my page is for you

*sigh*

all the noobish ideas i see

that would be the new go to dragon attack. better in all ways (in singles, which if you ask me is the only format you should be playing, as it requires skill unlike your stack multiple hp draining effects or gang up on the most dangerous foe or "hey you can't use walls good because i can have a poke that sh*ts on your wall out at the same time i have a poke that your wall walls out.")crap in doubs/trips..) then dragon claw and a great alternitaive to outrage and its confusion. and i bet you can't give me one justifiable reason to give shuckle those moves. poison heal i can see, but cosmic power and recover i cannot.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Dragon Wrath
    Dragon
    Physical
    30 BP
    100 Acc
    Contact

Each time this move is used it gains 30 Base Power (so 30 on 1st attack, 60 on next, then 90, 120 etc) would gimmick well with Choice items. (was originally double, but 120 for 3 times attacking seems much, and since it's a Fury Cutter esque move, I wanted to have it so you have to work for the Huge Power)
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

@GOTF: True, Cosmic Power looks like a waste on Shuckle since it has Shell Smash (paired with Contrary) but Recovery would help it give the necessary healing it needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post

*sigh*

all the noobish ideas i see

that would be the new go to dragon attack. better in all ways (in singles, which if you ask me is the only format you should be playing, as it requires skill unlike your stack multiple hp draining effects or gang up on the most dangerous foe or "hey you can't use walls good because i can have a poke that sh*ts on your wall out at the same time i have a poke that your wall walls out.")crap in doubs/trips..) then dragon claw and a great alternitaive to outrage and its confusion. and i bet you can't give me one justifiable reason to give shuckle those moves. poison heal i can see, but cosmic power and recover i cannot.
    Please don't mind Ghosts of the Forums, its that time of the month again.

@GOTF: True, Cosmic Power looks like a waste on Shuckle since it has Shell Smash (paired with Contrary) but Recovery would help it give the necessary healing it needed.
    And due to Shuckle being based on Mold, it's not too Farfetch'd for it to have Recover, given Mold's nature, just give it as an Egg move from Corsola. Shell Smash, Toxic, Recover, somthing else, would turn shuckle into a trolly staller.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

New Move: Multi Blast

Type: / Power: 30 / Accuracy: 100% / PP: 15 / Target: Single Adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The user shoots blasts of a random Type that hits two to five times in a row."

-So it hits 2-5 times but the Type that it uses is random. So the first hit could be Dark-Type while second hit could be Rock-Type etc.

Distribution: Arceus, Genesect, Kecleon

New ability

Mooch
    "Type is treated as the foes Type"

-So if say a Pikachu is sent out on a Skarmory it's Type is now a Steel/Flying Type until it switches out again. If the Pokemon with Mooch is already out and your opponent sends out another Pokemon the Pokemon with Mooch does not take the Type of the incoming Pokemon. Basically it works the same way Intimidate works, only on the turn it is sent out. In a Double and Triple battle the Type it takes of the opponents Pokemon is random if there are more than 1 Pokemon of different Types on you opponents side.

Distribution: Mostly Dark Types

Page 54 of 88 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast