Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Meh. I see this more useful in Double and Triple battles but Psychic still trumps this.
    Yeah. Like that one poster said, though, it would have an awesome animation. (:

So a strictly better Refresh? Okay.
    I didn't even factor in Refresh at all. Hmm... maybe a 50% chance to heal a non-volatile status condition should do.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

New move: Freeze Slam
    Typing: Ice
    Power: 90
    Accuracy: 100
    Priority: 0
    Category: Physical
    Recoil: Yes

Description: The user charges into the foe with ice energy from its body/head. The user takes recoil damage.

Distribution: Zebstraika, Emboar, Kyurem, Stantler, Girafarig, Weavile, Luxray and others if you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post

Description: The user charges into the foe with ice energy from its body/head. The user takes recoil damage.

Distribution: Zebstraika, Emboar, Kyurem, Stantler, Girafarig, Weavile, Luxray and others if you can help.
    Mamoswine? Surely? Can't see Emboar learning it though, it's too fiery, and can't see Weavile learning it either, it's just not big enough. If this got given to Kyurem, which I'm sure it would, Kyurem-B might go back up to Uber...

Ice Cold Fire

Ability
    Survival Instinct
    Prevents being KO'd by recoil damage (including LO)
    Emboar could have this

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Woah, it doesn't? I guess the guys at GF are too scared of it being OP or something.

But I see little need for that move competitively, especially since it gets curse.
    Maybe, but Aggron does has Iron Defense and his Defense stat is almost as absurdly high (Steelix has a 200 base Defense, Aggron has 180), so by that logic he shouldn't either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LizardonX View Post
    Tabitha has really let himself go, just how many lava cookies did he eat in the last 11 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dewott View Post
    Mamoswine? Surely? Can't see Emboar learning it though, it's too fiery, and can't see Weavile learning it either, it's just not big enough. If this got given to Kyurem, which I'm sure it would, Kyurem-B might go back up to Uber...
    Emboar because of Reckless, like Cincinno, Skill Link, and it's movepool. Weavile would definitely love Freeze Slam because it gives him a stronger STAB then Ice Punch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Maybe, but Aggron does has Iron Defense and his Defense stat is almost as absurdly high (Steelix has a 200 base Defense, Aggron has 180), so by that logic he shouldn't either.
    Iron defense/amnesia/acid armor are almost always useless on every pokemon except BP chains.. the only one which is useful and that's only for pokemons with magic guard..
    unce also stockpile was useful on hippowdon but I doubt it is useful now as the metagame is much more offensive than before.. boosting defense without boosting offense is prone to be a set up fodder..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    Ability
    Survival Instinct
    Emboar could have this
    I actually really can see this being helpful. Get a Pokemon that can set up to sweep, then when they use a recoil move they don't have to worry about knocking themselves out. One question though, They still take recoil damage right or are they immune to it like with the Rockhead ability?

FC: 4699-6505-4258
    IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post

I can't really say much about a Wild Charge variant. It's a pretty solid move. PP should also be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    Ability
    Survival Instinct
    Emboar could have this
    I'd make it so that the Pokémon doesn't faint itself from recoil damage only if it was at 2 or more HP before the recoil damage. That way, an Emboar with only 1 HP left that had like +6 Attack and +6 Speed wouldn't be able to decimate the foe's team.

I'm not sure if this is what you intend, but since you include Life Orb and regular recoil damage in the effect, since it takes both recoil events into account, if a Pokémon holding a Life Orb with 24/500 HP suffered recoil from, say, a Double Edge that did 49 damage, it would still faint, because one of the recoils would apply first, followed by the other one.

Metagross got screwed when Dream World abilities were being dished out, I'd give him Download. Being a cyborg death spider with four brains that make him smarter than a supercomputer makes me think that maybe Download makes more sense than Light Metal.
    “The God of the old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; petty, unjust, unforgiving, control freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty, ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully. Those of us schooled from infancy in his ways can become desensitized to their horror."

~Richard Dawkins

I am a Satanist and proud of it! Copy and paste this into your signature if you are too!

Quote Originally Posted by virizionx86 View Post
    I love how you get extremely angry over what other people post because they are either broken and overpowered or laughably unplayable, yet you post this excuse of a battle mechanic and try to justify it by saying that it's "just a joke type".

You must be a bird because you're a "*******", too.
    hey bro, attacking me because you're insecure is not the way to go about things. try crack, instead.*

*i'm not responsible if you become addicted.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    hey bro, attacking me because you're insecure is not the way to go about things. try crack, instead.*

*i'm not responsible if you become addicted.
    You calling me "insecure" must mean that you're insecure as well. Don't jump to conclusions about me just because of something that I said.

Guys, we're here to discuss pokemon, not insecurity and crack.

If you two really want to fight, please take it to PM.

Metagross got screwed when Dream World abilities were being dished out, I'd give him Download. Being a cyborg death spider with four brains that make him smarter than a supercomputer makes me think that maybe Download makes more sense than Light Metal.
    That never really crossed my mind, but it'd defiantly make sense, and work pretty good as well. It could use the attack boost for a more effective Choice Band or Agility set, or take advantage of both as an all out attacker with a mixed set, targeting at the opponent's weaker stat, which is what the ability was intended to do anyway.
    I'd make it so that the Pokémon doesn't faint itself from recoil damage only if it was at 2 or more HP before the recoil damage. That way, an Emboar with only 1 HP left that had like +6 Attack and +6 Speed wouldn't be able to decimate the foe's team.
    It's already an inferior Rock Head. Why make it worse?
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Goldeen keeps stealing the Magical Karp's splashing glory in Smash.

DW ability for metagross?

I'd give it either Adaptability (it's a computer, thus it ought to be able to adapt to any situation) or Iron Fist
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

DownloadGross with Agility would be like Genesect but not as fast and gets decent coverage? I like this piece of cake.

Revamped Move: Razor Wind

Type: / Power: 80 / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: All adjacent foes / Category: / Priority: 0
    "A two-turn attack. Blades of wind hit opposing Pokémon on the second turn. This attack always results in a critical hit."

-Basically just made it so the move always lands a critical because an 80 powered move that takes two turns and only has a chance of landing a crit is pretty pointless, might as well use Slash. I know two turn moves really aren't viable in competitive play but I think it can be used well if combined with a Power Herb at the right time.

Distribution: Same as before

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post

Power of Love - Too powerful. Anger Point is alright since the chance of critical hits isn't that high anyway. Yes, critical hits can happen with every team, and infatuation doesn't, but this means that a team can be built around infatuation and a Pokémon with this ability would practically be unstoppable. At the very least, this should only apply when fighting the Pokémon that the user is infatuated with.

True Friend - This is a free Dragon Dance for any Pokémon with maximum happiness, something that is much too easy to achieve for competitive battling. It's one turn less of vulnerability for the Pokémon with this ability, which is often crucial, but I feel like this ability is just a bit too powerful. Not as broken as Power of Love, but definitely not feasibly implementable as it is now.
    yeah now that you mention it maybe a bit ovepowered how are these
    name:ice slip
    Type ice
    catagory:special attack
    Power-Varies
    Ice slip doesn't have a standard base power. its damage is basically judged on the weight of the target.Uses same damge calculaions as grass knot.
    not the most remarkable attack but could be interesting

NameSmog Storm
    catagory:status
    When this move is used is used, a weather effect know as smogstorm will start . This effect will last for 5 turns. This removes any other weather effect.Smogstorm boost accuracy of gunkshot to 100%.Any non poison types take damage every turn.morning sun and moonlight only heal 1/4th of health.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    yeah now that you mention it maybe a bit ovepowered how are these
    Type ice
    Power-Varies
    Ice slip doesn't have a standard base power. its damage is basically judged on the weight of the target.Uses same damge calculaions as grass knot.

NameSmog Storm
    When this move is used is used, a weather effect know as smogstorm will start . This effect will last for 5 turns. This removes any other weather effect.Smogstorm boost accuracy of gunkshot to 100%.Any non poison types take damage every turn.morning sun and moonlight only heal 1/4th of health.
    Smog storm made me think of clear smog, so if it wasn't to powerful as is you could have it so all stat boosts are negated while smog storm is in play

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

Quote Originally Posted by virizionx86 View Post
    You calling me "insecure" must mean that you're insecure as well. Don't jump to conclusions about me just because of something that I said.
    i ain't insecure, and i will ignore your comments because it's that time of the month for you.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Revamped Move: Razor Wind

Type: / Power: 80 / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: All adjacent foes / Category: / Priority: 0
    "A two-turn attack. Blades of wind hit opposing Pokémon on the second turn. This attack always results in a critical hit."

-Basically just made it so the move always lands a critical because an 80 powered move that takes two turns and only has a chance of landing a crit is pretty pointless, might as well use Slash. I know two turn moves really aren't viable in competitive play but I think it can be used well if combined with a Power Herb at the right time.

Distribution: Same as before
    Sure. Razor Wind is a pretty bad move to begin with, and it wouldn't hurt giving it a boost at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    Type ice
    Power-Varies

NameSmog Storm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    Smog storm made me think of clear smog, so if it wasn't to powerful as is you could have it so all stat boosts are negated while smog storm is in play
    Ice Slip - Counterpart to Grass Knot, sure. I wouldn't make too many types have such a move, though. It would take away from the uniqueness of these moves slightly.

Smog Storm - Seems like a pretty interesting weather effect. I wouldn't necessarily make Smogstorm negate stat changes while in play, though. After all, stat change resets (not negation, negation is different) is tied more closely to Haze than Smog.

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Sure. Razor Wind is a pretty bad move to begin with, and it wouldn't hurt giving it a boost at all.
    Sometimes I wonder what possessed them to make Razor Wind, it's so bad it can't even be useful in regular play.

New Move: Dualize

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self and all adjacent allies or foes / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The selected target can attack again in the same turn, however the user and the target will be unable to move in the following turn"

-Okay this one might seem a bit confusing so i'll be sure to leave an example. Since the turn ends after the Pokemon who moves second uses a move or is unable to move due to some type of affliction. With Dualize the pokemon selected will move again after the second pokemon has moved but on the following turn the targeted Pokemon and the user of the move will be unable to move or be switched out. This is to insure the user does not abuse the move and force the foe to stay in and they can switch into another Pokemon. Few things to note: even if the selected target moves second they can still use the move again, It can be blocked by Protect and Detect, it can be reflected by Magic Coat.

Example:
    Turn 1: Dodrio used Dualize and selected itself as the target, Swalot used Sludge, Dordrio used Drill Peck, Turn End.
    Turn 2: Dodrio cannot move due to the effect of Dualize, Swalot used Stockpile, Turn End.

Distribution: Dodrio line, Magnzone line, Ambipom Line, Exeggutor Line, Klingklang line, Electivire Line, Ferrothorn Line, Hydreigon Line, Most Pokemon in the Fairy Egg Group, Most Fighting Types.

^Seems like an inferior Sky Drop. Though it's wide distribution may make up for that in double battles, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    ^Seems like an inferior Sky Drop. Though it's wide distribution may make up for that in double battles, I suppose.
    How is it like Sky Drop? Sky Drop does immobilize the user and the target but that's the only similarity I see between the two.

Sometimes I wonder what possessed them to make Razor Wind, it's so bad it can't even be useful in regular play.

New Move: Dualize

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 10 / Target: Self and all adjacent allies or foes / Category: / Priority: 0
    "The selected target can attack again in the same turn, however the user and the target will be unable to move in the following turn"

-Okay this one might seem a bit confusing so i'll be sure to leave an example. Since the turn ends after the Pokemon who moves second uses a move or is unable to move due to some type of affliction. With Dualize the pokemon selected will move again after the second pokemon has moved but on the following turn the targeted Pokemon and the user of the move will be unable to move or be switched out. This is to insure the user does not abuse the move and force the foe to stay in and they can switch into another Pokemon. Few things to note: even if the selected target moves second they can still use the move again, It can be blocked by Protect and Detect, it can be reflected by Magic Coat.

Example:
    Turn 1: Dodrio used Dualize and selected itself as the target, Swalot used Sludge, Dordrio used Drill Peck, Turn End.
    Turn 2: Dodrio cannot move due to the effect of Dualize, Swalot used Stockpile, Turn End.

Distribution: Dodrio line, Magnzone line, Ambipom Line, Exeggutor Line, Klingklang line, Electivire Line, Ferrothorn Line, Hydreigon Line, Most Pokemon in the Fairy Egg Group, Most Fighting Types.
    Unfortunately, this move doesn't work, either. There are two reasons for this. The first is that in the example you stated, since the trigger for Dodrio being able to use Drill Peck was the turn ending, by the time Dodrio attempts to use Drill Peck, the turn would have already ended. The second is that there is no guarantee for Dualize to work on the target; if the move fails, then there is no opportunity for the player to enter a move in between the turn.

While the second case can be changed by making the user be able to enter a move, unlike with Baton Pass and Explosion, where sending out a Pokémon is the last thing in the resolution of the move, it isn't with Dualize, since the effect of Dualize doesn't actually end until the second move is used.

The bad thing is that the following scenario doesn't work, either:
    Turn 1: Dodrio used Dualize on itself. Swalot used Sludge. (Turn Ends.)
    Turn 2: Dodrio used Drill Peck. Dodrio used Agility. Swalot used whatever. (Turn Ends.)

This is because the prompt for the turn to begin (or the prompt to wait for the other person to finish making choices) triggers after selecting something that ends the user input time frame. In other words, there is no opportunity for the second move to be chosen.

In any case,

New Item: Harness Unit
    "A harness worn for adventuring. Prevents the holding Pokémon from landing critical hits, but boosts the power of its moves."
    - Prevents the holder from landing critical hits. In return, each of the Pokémon's moves has its power increased by 20%.

How is it like Sky Drop? Sky Drop does immobilize the user and the target but that's the only similarity I see between the two.
    It's only niche is immobilizing opponents in double battles.

Though now that I think about it, it still does have the advantage of allowing a teammate to attack the immobilized foe...

Edit: Oh, it allows the pokemon to move a second time. I missed that, nevermind, I thought you meant something else with that move.

Edit2: What would happen if Dodrio uses Dualize and then Sky Attack or Fly?

Page 57 of 88 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast