Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Unfortunately, this move doesn't work, either. There are two reasons for this. The first is that in the example you stated, since the trigger for Dodrio being able to use Drill Peck was the turn ending, by the time Dodrio attempts to use Drill Peck, the turn would have already ended. The second is that there is no guarantee for Dualize to work on the target; if the move fails, then there is no opportunity for the player to enter a move in between the turn.

While the second case can be changed by making the user be able to enter a move, unlike with Baton Pass and Explosion, where sending out a Pokémon is the last thing in the resolution of the move, it isn't with Dualize, since the effect of Dualize doesn't actually end until the second move is used.

The bad thing is that the following scenario doesn't work, either:
    Turn 1: Dodrio used Dualize on itself. Swalot used Sludge. (Turn Ends.)
    Turn 2: Dodrio used Drill Peck. Dodrio used Agility. Swalot used whatever. (Turn Ends.)

This is because the prompt for the turn to begin (or the prompt to wait for the other person to finish making choices) triggers after selecting something that ends the user input time frame. In other words, there is no opportunity for the second move to be chosen.
    Darn, I really thought this was my best one yet too :/

What if the move it chooses for the second move is random? That way you don't have to select another attack.

New Item: Harness Unit
    "A harness worn for adventuring. Prevents the holding Pokémon from landing critical hits, but boosts the power of its moves."
    - Prevents the holder from landing critical hits. In return, each of the Pokémon's moves has its power increased by 20%.
    Cool. You should make an ability variant of this cause I can see this being an ability as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    What would happen if Dodrio uses Dualize and then Sky Attack or Fly?
    It would work the same way it always did. Go into the air the first turn(cause remember the second attack still counts as the same turn) then come down the second turn. Charge the first turn and attack the second etc.

If you also want to know what happens in a double or triple battle if a pokemon was charging and another pokemon used Dualize on it, the charging Pokemon would unleash it's attack in that same turn and that will count as it's second move.

Edit: scratch that first part that makes no sense, I think it would make more sense that they are unable to move the second turn regardless of using fly or sky attack, sorta like slaking using a two turn attack with truant.

FC: 4699-6505-4258

IGN: Diva

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i ain't insecure, and i will ignore your comments because it's that time of the month for you.
    Your ignoring me means that you have no rebuttal to what I have to say, and proves that what you said about the moves that others made was unjustified.
    Thank you for knowing when to stop. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by virizionx86 View Post
    I love how you get extremely angry over what other people post because they are either broken and overpowered or laughably unplayable, yet you post this excuse of a battle mechanic and try to justify it by saying that it's "just a joke type".

You must be a bird because you're a "*******", too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i ain't insecure, and i will ignore your comments because it's that time of the month for you.
    Both of you stop before I end up banning everything.

GotF don't insult people for what they post. As said in the title you can post whatever you want here. If you don't like what they have to say keep your mouth shut.

Virizion... don't call anyone a *******.

But I need GOTF for tallying the BedrockOnce again BH saves the day!

I can imagine Sableye with an evo, this gives Sableye access to Eviolite to make it more bulkier than it's usual self although Leftovers will be missed if used.

Quote Originally Posted by cascadethewarrior View Post
    Cool. You should make an ability variant of this cause I can see this being an ability as well.
    Eh, making an ability equivalent for each item would make the item less unique, in my opinion. I think I'll pass. (:

New Move: Mad Blast
    Type: Fire / Power: 100 / Accuracy: 90 / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user unleashes a blast of fiery energy at the target. The user suffers recoil damage from this powerful attack, however."
    - The recoil of this move is equal to 25% of the damage dealt.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

New Move: Mad Blast
    Type: Fire / Power: 100 / Accuracy: 90 / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user unleashes a blast of fiery energy at the target. The user suffers recoil damage from this powerful attack, however."
    - The recoil of this move is equal to 25% of the damage dealt.

It seems kinda like a worse Flamethrower in my opinion. Flamethrower is more accurate, Has no recoil and almost any Fire-Type can learn it, if not all. The only upside is that slight 5 extra damage. Perhaps make the power higher?

It seems kinda like a worse Flamethrower in my opinion. Flamethrower is more accurate, Has no recoil and almost any Fire-Type can learn it, if not all. The only upside is that slight 5 extra damage. Perhaps make the power higher?
    Eh, I guess I could make it 120/100, but then that'd seem too similar to Flare Blitz. :/

Revamped Move: Mad Blast
    Type: Fire / Power: 100 / Accuracy: 90 / PP: 15 / Target: Any non-user / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "A blast of fiery energy at the target that may burn. The user suffers recoil damage from this powerful attack."
    - The recoil of this move is equal to 25% of the damage dealt. 10% chance to inflict a burn.

Eh, I guess I could make it 120/100, but then that'd seem too similar to Flare Blitz. :/

Revamped Move: Mad Blast
    Type: Fire / Power: 100 / Accuracy: 90 / PP: 15 / Target: Any non-user / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "A blast of fiery energy at the target that may burn. The user suffers recoil damage from this powerful attack."
    - The recoil of this move is equal to 25% of the damage dealt. 10% chance to inflict a burn.
    Well now it's like a worse Heat Wave lol

3 New abilities!

Sadist
    "Boosts Attack and lower Defense after inflicting Physical damage to any Pokémon"

-I think this one is pretty self explanatory. So after you inflict Physical damage, regardless of how much or how little the damage was, Your Attack is increased by one stage and the Defense is lowered by one stage. So if the attack used was Special based or a status move it won't work.

Distribution: Mostly Dark and Ghost types

Masochist
    "Boosts attack after recoil damage"

-So it raises the attack by one stage every time the Pokemon with this ability takes recoil damage.

Distribution: Mostly Dark, Ghost Types and Fighting Types.

Immortal
    "Increase HP by recoil damage"

-So basically every time a Pokemon takes recoil damage their HP is increased by the amount that just lost. Keep in mind that they still take recoil first, so they can faint to their own recoil damage if their HP was low upon taking recoil. This includes Life Orb damage.

Distribution: Crobat line or whenever they decide to make Pokemon based on vampires. :P

Move: Assist(buffing)
    Effect: Once using this move, your team is shown. You can then select a pokemon and it's move. The user then uses this move.

It may be OP, but I can't really think of a way it can be abused. The only good pokemon who gets it is Infernape....and I can't think of any OP combos it can pull of with it.

Edit: Upon further thought, I realized how dangerous a pokemon with every possible coverage move could be...so instead, it'll pick a random move from the pokemon you select.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Move: Assist(buffing)
    Effect: Once using this move, your team is shown. You can then select a pokemon and it's move. The user then uses this move.

It may be OP, but I can't really think of a way it can be abused. The only good pokemon who gets it is Infernape....and I can't think of any OP combos it can pull of with it.
    Yeah this is too powerful, to be able to use any move, is pretty powerful and all you have to do is show you team? Maybe if it has a bigger consequence.

Can't think of a way to abuse this? You could put Smeargle on your team(even if you were not gonna use it) and since it can learn any move, you now can give a pokemon with better stats and the move assist , the ability to use any move at their disposal.

lol glad you figured it out yourself.

Holy Garbador, almost didn't post here for a full month lol.

Imma go do another "improve an extremely underused pokemon" again...

Topic of the day will be... ... ... ...

Glalie, waala!

2nd DWA:
    Speed Freeze: The user has a 60% chance to strike first when using an ice type move.

New Attack:
    Frostbite (Ice)
    PP: 15/Power: 80/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Target: Selected adjacent foe
    The user bites at the foe, quickly freezing the molecules and lowering speed by a stage.
    > Glalie only. Fits his Pokedex record too.

Melt (Ice)
    PP: 15/Power: --/Accuracy: 100/Category: Status/Target: Self
    The user melts its ice, effectively boosting Attack and Speed, but lowers Defense.
    > all ice type weeee (I mean a few... elusive one. Maybe Vanilluxe) :3

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

I like melt, plus it doesn't look too broken on Mamoswine since its Speed and Attack is similar to Dragonite to me.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    2nd DWA:
    Speed Freeze: The user has a 60% chance to strike first when using an ice type move.
    Love the effect, not so much the name :P

New Attack:
    Frostbite (Ice)
    The user bites at the foe, quickly freezing the molecules and lowering speed by a stage.
    So is the lowered by one stage 100%? or is there a chance to lower it? either way I think it's pretty solid.

Melt (Ice)
    The user melts its ice, effectively boosting Attack and Speed, but lowers Defense.
    Cool. No pun intended.

3 New abilities!

Sadist
    "Boosts Attack and lower Defense after inflicting Physical damage to any Pokémon"

-I think this one is pretty self explanatory. So after you inflict Physical damage, regardless of how much or how little the damage was, Your Attack is increased by one stage and the Defense is lowered by one stage. So if the attack used was Special based or a status move it won't work.

Distribution: Mostly Dark and Ghost types

Masochist
    "Boosts attack after recoil damage"

-So it raises the attack by one stage every time the Pokemon with this ability takes recoil damage.

Distribution: Mostly Dark, Ghost Types and Fighting Types.

Immortal
    "Increase HP by recoil damage"

-So basically every time a Pokemon takes recoil damage their HP is increased by the amount that just lost. Keep in mind that they still take recoil first, so they can faint to their own recoil damage if their HP was low upon taking recoil. This includes Life Orb damage.

Distribution: Crobat line or whenever they decide to make Pokemon based on vampires. :P
    Sadist - Seems pretty neat. I think the Defense drop balances out the Attack increase, since the Pokémon with this ability always has a chance to be hit with an offensive move and faint before using another offensive move. The name may have to be changed, though; it wouldn't really be plausible for Game Freak to promote being happy from seeing another person in pain.

Masochist - This seems like both a strictly better and strictly worse Reckless at the same time. Before taking any recoil damage, it's worse than Reckless, but afterward, it seems better, because it replicates all of what Reckless does by this point. Again, the name would probably need a change, but I see what you did with the sadism-masochism duo.

Immortal - This is a tough one to evaluate flavorfully.
    Having the ability trigger from recoil damage makes it seem as though the Pokémon isn't immortal at all, because as you mentioned, the Pokémon can still faint before it's healed.
    Having the ability replace the recoil damage (making the user get healed by the amount they would've gotten as recoil damage) just seems off.
    But if you have the ability negate recoil damage entirely, then it's just Rock Head, and that's kind of boring.
    As for the ability though, it doesn't seem imbalanced at all, really. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post
    2nd DWA:

New Attack:
    Frostbite (Ice)

Melt (Ice)
    Speed Freeze - Eh, it should probably be 30% or something. I just think that having a 60% to strike first within priority bracket using any type of move is too good. Just think if Ice were replaced with, say, Water or Psychic in the description. Reuniclus would probably go to ubers or something.

Frostbite - Sure. I'd make it so that the Speed boost chance is the same as Crunch's Defense-lowering chance.

Melt - The name kind of contradicts with the type, but the effect seems pretty solid (pun intended).

New Oblivious: prevents attraction and status moves.

Revamped Move:

Feint
    New Power: 50
    New Effect: Does double the damage when hitting a Pokemon using Protect/Detect (still lifts the effect of those moves as well).
    Under Construction

I'm sure it's been suggested before but how about an item that makes a Pokémon immune to stealth rock damage? I was actually surprised that they didn't add it for Gen V.
    3DS FC: 3652-1911-7158

Friend Safari: Psychic

Drowzee/Espurr/Xatu

Immortal - This is a tough one to evaluate flavorfully.
    Having the ability trigger from recoil damage makes it seem as though the Pokémon isn't immortal at all, because as you mentioned, the Pokémon can still faint before it's healed.
    Having the ability replace the recoil damage (making the user get healed by the amount they would've gotten as recoil damage) just seems off.
    But if you have the ability negate recoil damage entirely, then it's just Rock Head, and that's kind of boring.
    As for the ability though, it doesn't seem imbalanced at all, really. I like it.
    Its funny that you mentioned that they don't seem immortal at all because the original effect of immortal was different but I thought it would be too powerful. I'll just post it anyway and you all can be the judge of that.

Immortal(beta version)
    "Cannot faint from attacking moves"

-So as it says the Pokemon cannot faint from attacking moves but it can still take damage from them so the only way to faint them is through Entry hazards, statuses such as burn and poisoning, from Recoil damage they take or a special move like Destiny Bond or Perish song. I think that is all the ways to faint Pokemon without attacking, unless I am missing something. As you can see it's pretty broken kind why I avoided posting it.

New Move: Metamorphosis

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 20 / Target: All / Category: / Priority: 0
    "Changes all moves to Status, Special or Physical"

-Yeah, Yeah I know the name is too long but this name is just to perfect for it. So the one it changes to is at random, so say Metamorphosis is used it can turn all moves of the pokemon in battle into a a status, Physical or Special move This can really help with Tuanters and can turn the tide of battle, because a pokemon like Haxorus which has dreadful special attack would not benefit from all their moves turning into Special-based moves. Also if an attacking move turns into a status move they can no longer factor in Sp. Attack, Attack, Defense and Special Defense in attacking moves.

Distribution: Bug Types and Grass Types

New Move: Possess

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: +5
    "When this move is used, if the user faints, the Pokémon that landed the knockout hit will be unable to move in the following turn and the target's type becomes Ghost."

-Sorta like a last resort to guarantee safe switch in, so either they stay in or they have no choice but to switch. The Targets type will however remain Ghost until they are switched out.

Distribution: Ghost types.

Haunt
    "Inflicts a curse upon fainting"

-Basically it inflicts the Curse status(or whatever it is) on the Pokemon that fainted the Pokemon with this ability

Distribution: Ghost Types

Its funny that you mentioned that they don't seem immortal at all because the original effect of immortal was different but I thought it would be too powerful. I'll just post it anyway and you all can be the judge of that.

Immortal(beta version)

-So as it says the Pokemon cannot faint from attacking moves but it can still take damage from them so the only way to faint them is through Entry hazards, statuses such as burn and poisoning, from Recoil damage they take or a special move like Destiny Bond or Perish song. I think that is all the ways to faint Pokemon without attacking, unless I am missing something. As you can see it's pretty broken kind why I avoided posting it.
    I would have to say broken yeah.~

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 20 / Target: All / Category: / Priority: 0

-Yeah, Yeah I know the name is too long but this name is just to perfect for it. So the one it changes to is at random, so say Metamorphosis is used it can turn all moves of the pokemon in battle into a a status, Physical or Special move This can really help with Tuanters and can turn the tide of battle, because a pokemon like Haxorus which has dreadful special attack would not benefit from all their moves turning into Special-based moves. Also if an attacking move turns into a status move they can no longer factor in Sp. Attack, Attack, Defense and Special Defense in attacking moves.

I'll let someone else critique it.

Type: / Power: -- / Accuracy: --% / PP: 5 / Target: Single adjacent Pokemon / Category: / Priority: +5
    "When this move is used, if the user faints, the Pokémon that landed the knockout hit will be unable to move in the following turn"

-Sorta like a last resort to guarantee safe switch in, so either they stay in or they have no choice but to switch.
    Seems reasonable.

Haunt

-Basically it inflicts the Curse status(or whatever it is) on the Pokemon that fainted the Pokemon with this ability

I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    New Oblivious: prevents attraction and status moves.
    Isn't there an ability that prevents the Pokémon with it from getting hit with a status move like Thunder Wave?
    I'd say this is a pretty good change, but I can't help but think that it would obsolete an already-existing ability.

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    Revamped Move:

Feint
    New Power: 50
    New Effect: Does double the damage when hitting a Pokemon using Protect/Detect (still lifts the effect of those moves as well).
    Yeah, I never knew why this wasn't Feint's original effect in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by 1quacka1 View Post
    I'm sure it's been suggested before but how about an item that makes a Pokémon immune to stealth rock damage? I was actually surprised that they didn't add it for Gen V.
    Magic Guard on an item seems pretty good, too.

Immortal(beta version)

"When this move is used, if the user faints, the Pokémon that landed the knockout hit will be unable to move in the following turn and the target's type becomes Ghost."

-Sorta like a last resort to guarantee safe switch in, so either they stay in or they have no choice but to switch. The Targets type will however remain Ghost until they are switched out.

Haunt

Immortal β - Yeah, that would be extremely broken, considering it would shut down the vast, vast majority of KO's.

Metamorphosis - This doesn't work, unfortunately. Whether a move is categorized as physical, special, or status is based entirely on the move. This effectively means that changing Toxic from status to physical does nothing except change the damage category; it doesn't change the fact that the move doesn't do damage. Toxic would still be affected by Taunt in this case.

Possess - I like the one-turn lockdown effect, but not so much the Ghost-type transformation effect. Seems like a pretty good move that would make the opponent hesitate to KO your Pokémon.

Haunt - Seems like a good ability. The only thing that you might not want happen though is that the Pokémon that knocks out the Pokémon with Haunt will always get a 25% HP loss due to how the turn system works.

Um, let's give Gyarados a stat-line of uhh...130/130/130/130/130/130 cause it's Gyarados and it's just too awesome.

Alright lol, change Explosion back to DPP

Rapid Spin as a umm, non-attacking move with perhaps +1 prio. Yeah that's all I have lol.

If you always wanted Nasty Plot Deoxys in the past, your wish has been granted thanks to Gamefreak. I know it's not great at setting up but Nasty Plot boosted Psycho Shift *glomps*.

If you always wanted Nasty Plot Deoxys in the past, your wish has been granted thanks to Gamefreak. I know it's not great at setting up but Nasty Plot boosted Psycho Shift *glomps*.
    I would much more prefer Nasty Plot Alakazam.
    Under Construction

I'm not seeing anything about this on Serebii, so could you provide a reliable source?

Hm...Deoxys-D at least won't want it, thanks to Calm Mind, but I can see Deoxys-S making decent use of it in Ubers. I'll have to do some calcs, though.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

I'm not seeing anything about this on Serebii, so could you provide a reliable source?
    It's in the Official News Thread.

Page 58 of 88 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast