Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

I'm going to spice up Curse a bit

Curse (Ghost)
    PP: 5/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Single Adjacent Foe
    The user places a curse on the foe's team using 50% of its hp, and causing the foe to lose 1/8 of its hp every turn. The curse remains until the user is knocked out.

It's sort of an advancement. Here's an example

Turn 1: MissingNo uses Curse, a curse was placed on "TrainsRUs"'s team! Pikachu uses Tail Whip. Pikachu is inflicted by the curse (7/8 hp left)
    Turn 2: Tornadus swtiches in, MissingNo uses Tail Whip. Tornadus is afflicted by the curse (7/8 hp)
    Turn 3: Tornadus uses Hurricane, MissingNo fainted. The curse on "TrainRUs"'s team disppeared!

If it switches out, the effect will be cancelled as well.

Sea Breeze (Flying)
    PP: 15/Power: 55/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Target: All opposing foe
    The foe is calmed by a breeze with smells of the sea, that lowers Attack by one stage. (100%)
    - Distribution: Mantine, Pelipper and Swanna and their pre-evos. It gives some small niche as a physical wall I guess? Mantine might really need Sea breeze if it gets it. Scald + Sea Breeze + awesome Special Defense...

Assault (Dark)
    PP: 10/Power: 50/Accuracy: 100/Category: Physical/Target: Selected Adjacent Foe
    If the user moves faster than the target, power doubles.
    - As not-powerful as it may sound, Assault is a great move for extremely fast moving stuff like Gengar and Jolteon. For coverage?

Roast (Fire)
    PP: 15/Power: 30/Accuracy: 100/Category: Special/Target: Selected Adjacent Foe
    The user lets loose a small fire that removes the foe's held item.
    - Tepig's pokedex entry gave me this idea: It loves to eat roasted berries, but sometimes it gets too excited and burns them to a crisp.
    - Distribution: Tepig line, I guess. And some other fire types.

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post

Curse (Ghost)
    The user places a curse on the foe's team using 50% of its hp, and causing the foe to lose 1/8 of its hp every turn. The curse remains until the user is knocked out.

Turn 1: MissingNo uses Curse, a curse was placed on "TrainsRUs"'s team! Pikachu uses Tail Whip. Pikachu is inflicted by the curse (7/8 hp left)
    Turn 2: Tornadus swtiches in, MissingNo uses Tail Whip. Tornadus is afflicted by the curse (7/8 hp)
    Turn 3: Tornadus uses Hurricane, MissingNo fainted. The curse on "TrainRUs"'s team disppeared!

Meh, since it fades when the pokemon faints, I suppose it's still not all that great. I'd rather change curse into a status effect similar to poisoning and burning, so the effects will stay when the foe swaps out.

Sea Breeze (Flying)
    The foe is calmed by a breeze with smells of the sea, that lowers Attack by one stage. (100%)
    - Distribution: Mantine, Pelipper and Swanna and their pre-evos. It gives some small niche as a physical wall I guess? Mantine might really need Sea breeze if it gets it. Scald + Sea Breeze + awesome Special Defense...
    Meh, not really all that great.

Assault (Dark)
    - As not-powerful as it may sound, Assault is a great move for extremely fast moving stuff like Gengar and Jolteon. For coverage?
    Actually, that's pretty good, since this metagame is very speed-based. Not all that great for Gengar, though, no thanks to it's horrendous attack stat.

Roast (Fire)
    - Tepig's pokedex entry gave me this idea: It loves to eat roasted berries, but sometimes it gets too excited and burns them to a crisp.
    So a fire type nock-off? Sure, but I'd rather just change the effects of incinerate to this.
    It's in the Official News Thread.
    Okay, that's good enough for me.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Revamping Hurricane, cuz why the hell not.

New Power: 150
    PP: 5 (8 with PP Maxed)
    Accuracy: 50
    New Effects: [b]Doesn't[b] always hit in rain.
    Always Confuses.

basically, Inferno/Zap Cannon on a flying move. :P

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by SneaselFTW View Post

Always Confuses.

Good god nooooo
    Keep Hurricane as it is, It's fine

OK, lol

Making a new Fire move.

Destruction Burn
    90% accurate
    10% Burn Chance
    Hits elected Pokemon.
    110 Base Power.

10 PP (15 with PP Max)

R.I.P The Crystalline Guard ~ Memories Are The Only Things Which Are Truly Eternal

Quote Originally Posted by Atrocious View Post
    Um, let's give Gyarados a stat-line of uhh...130/130/130/130/130/130 cause it's Gyarados and it's just too awesome.

Alright lol, change Explosion back to DPP

Rapid Spin as a umm, non-attacking move with perhaps +1 prio. Yeah that's all I have lol.
    no thank you. rpaid spin is meant to do some damage, and i wouldn't like it if taunt prevented spinning. and priority is a little much, forry could pull off a priority spin after getting his own hazards up and you'd be totally fine.

and mr. sneasel, that is a strictly better (in singles which is all i care about.) heat wave, and probably in some cases a much better choice then fire blast. unless of course, it's physical in which case it outclasses alll other physical fire moves out there, save for v-create.

and please don't change stuff that is fine as it is (i.e. hurricane) to crap that is never used competitively.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

OK, lol

Making a new Fire move.

Destruction Burn
    90% accurate
    10% Burn Chance
    Hits elected Pokemon.
    110 Base Power.

10 PP (15 with PP Max)
    I genuinely like that, just make it physical and give it to Flareon
    Please? Flare needs some love

Item: Gold Armour
    Raises defense by 50%
    Kinda like muscle band but for defense

Item: Psychic Headband
    Raises Sp. Defense by 50%
    Same as above

muscle band increases by either 10 or 20%

not 50%

EDIT: imagine blissey or slowbro or skarm on anyone practically with gold armor. now no poke has a weak defenseive score. same with psychic headband.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post

muscle band increases by either 10 or 20%

not 50%

EDIT: imagine blissey or slowbro or skarm on anyone practically with gold armor. now no poke has a weak defenseive score. same with psychic headband.
    Well, basically a worse evolite for evolved pokes in my eyes.
    But yes, Blissey would rule the world again

Curse (Ghost)

Sea Breeze (Flying)

Assault (Dark)

Roast (Fire)
    Curse - Eh, it doesn't fit the flavor of the user of Curse laying a curse on one of the opponent's Pokémon. I'm fine with the proposal of the person afterward, in that the curse stays on the afflicted Pokémon even after they switch out and back in, but not a curse that affects the entire opposing team.

Sea Breeze - I don't really see why a sea breeze would deal damage if it's calming and not very strong to begin with, but the Attack-lowering aspect seems neat.

Assault - A 100/100 Dark-type move that would probably make Dark Pulse obsolete (bar the Sp. Def drop). I guess it would work.

Roast - Hmm... Incinerate that works on any item. I kind of like it. Maybe it should have the additional effect of getting the boost of the target's Berry (if it has one). It wouldn't be strictly better than Pluck due to the lower base power.

Always Confuses.

Hurricane is fine as it is, in my opinion. It's already a very strong move to begin with; no need to make it even better and potentially game-breaking.

OK, lol

Making a new Fire move.

Destruction Burn
    90% accurate
    10% Burn Chance
    Hits elected Pokemon.
    110 Base Power.

10 PP (15 with PP Max)
    This is kind of a mix between Fire Blast and Flamethrower. I'd make it physical so Flareon would have another move, and so that the line between Fire Blast and Flamethrower isn't blurred too much. 15 base power could be the difference between a two-hit and a one-hit KO, which means that nobody would use Fire Blast anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazz Hands View Post
    Item: Gold Armour
    Raises defense by 50%
    Kinda like muscle band but for defense

Item: Psychic Headband
    Raises Sp. Defense by 50%
    Same as above
    There should be some sort of drawback to these items if the stat boost is that high. The Choice items increase Attack, Sp. Atk, or Speed by this much, but have a huge drawback in that the holder can only select one move every time it's switched in. For these two items to have no drawback whatsoever is broken.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Lighting Strike
    Power: 80
    Accuracy: 100
    Physical
    Priority: +2
    Description: The user strikes it's opponent at the speed of lighting. This attack always hits first.
    Distribution: Pikachu, Raichu, Raikou, Luxray.

Guts Luxray would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    There should be some sort of drawback to these items if the stat boost is that high. The Choice items increase Attack, Sp. Atk, or Speed by this much, but have a huge drawback in that the holder can only select one move every time it's switched in. For these two items to have no drawback whatsoever is broken.
    Actually, not having leftovers is enough of a drawback. And then that power creep....
    Hurricane is fine as it is, in my opinion. It's already a very strong move to begin with; no need to make it even better and potentially game-breaking.
    Game-breaking? It's a debuff, if anything. Just look at that accuracy.

New Item: Swift Bullet

Description: When held, the power of priority moves is increased by 1.0

How much does Choice Band increase?

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Lighting Strike
    Power: 80
    Accuracy: 100
    Physical
    Priority: +2
    Description: The user strikes it's opponent at the speed of lighting. This attack always hits first.
    More votes for a Mach Volt-type move doesn't hurt. (:

Actually, not having leftovers is enough of a drawback. And then that power creep....
    Not having Leftovers isn't a drawback, though. The Pokémon naturally doesn't have Leftovers to begin with, so not having Leftovers can't actually hurt the Pokémon.

Game-breaking? It's a debuff, if anything. Just look at that accuracy.
    Eh, whether or not the move is a buff is arguable, but it's strictly better than DynamicPunch in that it has 50 more power and otherwise has identical characteristics (besides type).

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    New Item: Swift Bullet

Description: When held, the power of priority moves is increased by 1.0

How much does Choice Band increase?
    I'm going to assume that Swift Bullet is proposed in the context of existing moves, and not in that of moves made up here, and say that I'd tone the boost down to x1.5 instead of x2. Sucker Punch and ExtremeSpeed users would really love this item. Not Pursuit users, though, since Pursuit's gimmick relies on a trigger rather than it actually being a priority move.

And Choice Band increases Attack by 50%.

Not having Leftovers isn't a drawback, though. The Pokémon naturally doesn't have Leftovers to begin with, so not having Leftovers can't actually hurt the Pokémon.
    So, even if it naturally doesn't, that still can't mean that it can't hold leftovers if it's holding that item.

And as the eviolite has shown us, not having leftovers can be a huge problem for defensive pokemon. Why else would Blissy still be in OU?

wishingstar, did you not see what he did to hurricane? it's gimping it.

So, even if it naturally doesn't, that still can't mean that it can't hold leftovers if it's holding that item.

And as the eviolite has shown us, not having leftovers can be a huge problem for defensive pokemon. Why else would Blissy still be in OU?
    Not having Leftovers is a pretty big hindrance, I agree. I just don't like Eviolite because it gives a boost in both defensive stats for the sole criterion of being a not-fully-evolved Pokémon. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    wishingstar, did you not see what he did to hurricane? it's gimping it.
    With that gimp also came a buff, though. Compared to the old Hurricane, sure, it's worse, but compared to DynamicPunch and Inferno, it's half a league ahead. At the very least, it should be on par with those two instead of strictly better (bar type).

Not entirely true, because the Defense boosts aren't as game-changing as the offensive boosts provided by current Choice items.

Also, we have the Eviolite.

You can shoot my body full of holes but ya can't kill the spirit of Rock N' Roll, baby! \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Divine Retribution View Post
    Not entirely true, because the Defense boosts aren't as game-changing as the offensive boosts provided by current Choice items.
    I realize that. But an item that raises Defense by 50% with no penalty would probably not be implemented if an item that raises Attack by 50% with no penalty couldn't be implemented.

Also, we have the Eviolite.
    I just think that Eviolite isn't balanced. Just because an item is implemented into the game already doesn't automatically make it balanced.
    Yeah, people use it just like people use Stealth Rock, but one of the only reasons for this is because it's pretty much needed in a metagame where other people use it.

@Wishing Star

Ummm Assault is just a reversed Payback. And not all dark type can necessarily outspeed their opponents, so it's for REALLY fast stuff. And even that can be ruined by priority moves, so Dark Pulse is still a more reliable option for not so fast pokemon.

New Abilities
    Speed Fist: All punching moves has a 30% chance to strike first (at +1 priority, BP and MP is confirmed to strike first in the same priority bracket)
    Friction Aura: Lowers the speed of the foe by one stage when switched in. (Speed variant of Intimidate)

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

@Wishing Star

Ummm Assault is just a reversed Payback. And not all dark type can necessarily outspeed their opponents, so it's for REALLY fast stuff. And even that can be ruined by priority moves, so Dark Pulse is still a more reliable option for not so fast pokemon.
    I could see Weavile using it. But yeah, now that I think about it, Dark Pulse is special where Assault isn't (I don't remember, too lazy to check), but Dark Pulse does have that nifty flinch chance.

New Abilities
    Speed Fist: All punching moves has a 30% chance to strike first (at +1 priority, BP and MP is confirmed to strike first in the same priority bracket)
    Seems interesting. It's like an Iron Fist variant but for Speed precedence instead.

I just think that Eviolite isn't balanced.
    Please, can you give me a list of pokemon who use the eviolite that are either in OU or Ubers because of it?

Only Chansy, and it's still not enough competition for Blissy.
    Yeah, people use it just like people use Stealth Rock, but one of the only reasons for this is because it's pretty much needed in a metagame where other people use it.
    SR is helpful, but it is no means needed. I've made it to 105 on PO's Smogon ladder using a team without it before. In fact, that's the highest I've ever gotten there, and Smogon's competition is pretty tough.

It didn't have taunt or rapid spin either. Though it did have a Zoroark to catch those nasty Ferrothorns and Skarmorys by surprise...

My second best team is purely offensive, and while it does have SR on Dugtrio, I only get to set it up in like, every 1 out of 5 battles. Though I suppose this discussion is for your entry hazards threat, so I'll try and take it there instead...

New OHKO Moves:

1. Solar Crash
    Type: Fire
    Power /-- Accuracy/30 PP/5

2. Night Terror
    Type: Ghost
    Power /-- Accuracy/30 PP/5
    Under Construction

Please, can you give me a list of pokemon who use the eviolite that are either in OU or Ubers because of it?

Only Chansy, and it's still not enough competition for Blissy.
    In the context of implementation, not effect in the metgame, I don't view it as balanced.

SR is helpful, but it is no means needed. I've made it to 105 on PO's Smogon ladder using a team without it before. In fact, that's the highest I've ever gotten there, and Smogon's competition is pretty tough.

It didn't have taunt or rapid spin either. Though it did have a Zoroark to catch those nasty Ferrothorns and Skarmorys by surprise...
    Wow... that's quite an achievement.

More often than not, though, people have some sort of entry hazard usage nowadays.

No Pokemon other than Groudon and Kyogre get the Drought and Drizzle abilities.

5th gen meta game will never be the same.

In a bid to Ninjafy the Pokemon Metagame, here is the first Ninja Thing I'd like to change.

Name: Ninja Attack | Type: Dark | Power: 45 | Accuracy: - | Category: Phsyical
    Description: The Pokemon attacks with a Ninjarific attack, striking through the opponent's defences and hitting it's weakest spots.
    Effects: Ninja Attack always hits, even if the defending Pokemon has used Protect. It also always lands a critical hit
    Distribution: DEWOTT and other Ninjamons, like Blazekin, Sawk, Medicham, Weavile etc

Ice Cold Fire

Page 59 of 88 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast