Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfreak94 View Post
    Adding onto what thedarklord said, the best spinner since Excadrill's ban has arguably been Starmie. It poses a great offensive threat, having plenty of coverage and decent power.
    Now you see, I don't really agree with this. Starmie can't actually rack in very many KOs without the help of Rain and the Life Orb. Even then it isn't that great. Sure, it can out-speed and knock out most un-boosted sweepers, but other than that, it can't do much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    How about a new ability called Dissidence: All resistances become weaknesses and all weaknesses become resistances. x4 resistances will also become x4 weaknesses and vice versa. Immunities are unaffected.
    Of course, this will be a signature ability. The pokemon with it won't learn Skill Swap either since trying to counter something that could manipulate the type chart so massively would be unfair but other pokemon could use Skill Swap on it giving Doubles and Triples a decent gimmick. We already have moves and abilities(Scrappy, Miracle Eye etc.) that affect the type chart, so this is just a leap further.
    The problem with this is, if the pokemon has usable stats and a good move-pool, it's going straight to Ubers. If not, it will die as a gimmick. It's basically on either side of the spectrum on how it will turn out.
    Well, unless it has mediocre stats and a good move-pool, in which case it will probably be used in the lower tiers a lot.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

@starmie: its more a really good revenge killer than anything else. it has sheer power, and bulky star is really good. it has the stats and movepool it needs to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    Now you see, I don't really agree with this. Starmie can't actually rack in very many KOs without the help of Rain and the Life Orb. Even then it isn't that great. Sure, it can out-speed and knock out most un-boosted sweepers, but other than that, it can't do much.
    Well...yeah. Starmie kinda needs to be running an offensive set with LO to be an major offensive threat. That's not so strange. And if you really want to bring out the best of it with Rain, why not do it? It's not like Starmie needs SR and 3 layers of Spikes to get significant KOs.

Besides, Starmie racks up plenty of KOs even outside of Rain. About 1/3 of OU is OHKOd by the classic Thunderbolt/Ice Beam/Water STAB setup, and a ton of the rest of OU is 2HKOd. But the major reason that Starmie is such an offensive threat is because of its base 115 speed and its ability to check so many offensive Pokemon with it. That kind of speed isn't something that you just look at and say, "Well, that's nice, but it's not much." It's the probably the biggest reason that Starmie is such a good offensive spinner.

Quote Originally Posted by Soperman View Post
    The problem with this is, if the pokemon has usable stats and a good move-pool, it's going straight to Ubers. If not, it will die as a gimmick. It's basically on either side of the spectrum on how it will turn out.
    Well, unless it has mediocre stats and a good move-pool, in which case it will probably be used in the lower tiers a lot.
    Well the thing is, all it does is reverse the type chart. Unless you manipulate it with Skill Swap, it just makes for some really cool type combinations that are otherwise impossible.

Question, would the Pokemon be like Sedinja or Castform?
    Considering GF's track record with abilities as powerful as this, I fear it might. There is nothing stopping them from giving it to several different pokemon through the DW, imo. I suppose the ability will have to be revealed to the opponent upon entering battle, otherwise we might get people bluffing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Huspoel View Post
    You're saying some really smart stuff there.

an ability(you think of the name): when this pokemon is sent out, it temporarily removes one or the typings on the pokemon(if it is dual typing, if singular, nothing happens). happens after all hazard damage. also affects any switch-ins.

so, basically, in dual typee pokes, you remove a type temporarily. its random, btw. so, that infernape switch in? nailed with stone edge and its super effective. rotom-w? nailed by thunderbolt.

it'd have a great movepool, but stats only slightly higher than smeargle's. im talking only +10 to every stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurawarrior8 View Post
    Well the thing is, all it does is reverse the type chart. Unless you manipulate it with Skill Swap, it just makes for some really cool type combinations that are otherwise impossible.

Considering GF's track record with abilities as powerful as this, I fear it might. There is nothing stopping them from giving it to several different pokemon through the DW, imo. I suppose the ability will have to be revealed to the opponent upon entering battle, otherwise we might get people bluffing it.
    Simple, you make sure it's other abilities are something like pickup or stall. Problem solved for competitive users.
    Yep we should ban baton pass, and weather too. Oh and Trick Room, I'm tired of having to worry about Trick Room all the time. Just ban the move Trick Room, and prankster, it's broken. Ban all status moves on prankster users, they're too cheap. Oh and ban Probopass to it's so cheap. Just ban everything except Magikarp with splash.
    Well, actually Blaziken isn't really Uber because some people whined about how they were getting owned by it. I mean, it doesn't stand a chance in the Uber enviroment.

how does that solve any problem? itd still be a pretty OP ability, if used right

Again, depends who gets it. If Regigigas got it...we'd be adding an Uber to the Uber tier. If Slaking got it...yeah, another Uber. But if Shedinja got it, it'd be rubbish still.
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

my changes would be
    wil-o-wisp/burn doesn't lower your attack
    serene grace only works if the the move is super effective or is neutral
    rhyperior got a higher sp.def (maybe 108 or something)

Credits go to golem12
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-39688982
    Sig exceeds the KB size limit. Read the signature rules before editing.

User is on the trade blacklist. Removing this message will result in further bans.

then rhyperior would be banned. but gf will never do stat changes, so....yeah.

WoW is a great neuter tool that stops a lot of physical attackers from running rampant, i.e. haxorus, dragonite.

How about an ice version of Stealth Rock called Stealth Icicles but only one layer of Rocks or one layer of Icicles can be on tne field, meaning both can't be layered:/

theres not much "point" to that(geddit?)

rock already hits most things for se coverage, and neutral coverage that ice doesnt.

lets count:

rock se: flying/fire/bug/ice

neutral: normal/ rock/ grass/poison/dragon/electric/psychic/dark/ ghost/ water

resist: ground/steel/fighting

ice se: dragon/flying/ground/grass

neutral: electric/ bug/ normal/ psychic/ dark/ ghost/ fighting/ poison/ rock

resist: steel/ ice/ water/ fire

about even, but rock has less resists

Quote Originally Posted by thedarklord2155 View Post
    theres not much "point" to that(geddit?)

rock already hits most things for se coverage, and neutral coverage that ice doesnt.

lets count:

rock se: flying/fire/bug/ice

neutral: normal/ rock/ grass/poison/dragon/electric/psychic/dark/ ghost/ water

resist: ground/steel/fighting

ice se: dragon/flying/ground/grass

neutral: electric/ bug/ normal/ psychic/ dark/ ghost/ fighting/ poison/ rock

resist: steel/ ice/ water/ fire

about even, but rock has less resists
    No point? You have to be joking. Stealth Ice would bring about the total annihilation of Dragon, Ground and Grass types from OU. Even if it could not be stacked with Stealth Rocks both would be viable enough to be common meaning Flying, Bug, Dragon, Ground, Rock, Grass, Fire, and Ice types would be crippled.

Stealth Ice would change the Metagame completely. All Dragon teams would need Spinners. Priority would be needed on many teams. You'd need to hope to get them killed before they could set it up. Of course it would depend who got this move though. Manly Ice types, I'd imagine.

the loss of sr means volcarona pretty much has free reign in ou. a lot of teams nowadays dont have true counters to volc, relying on sr up to cripple it.

dragons are already handled. the way most teams handle the numerous dragonites, volcaronas, etc, is stealth rock. stealth ice wouldnt really do much, except, yeah, take 25% off breloom, donphan, etc, a lot of whom are used as leads.

dragon-types already attract spinners, (mainly starmie) because a lot of times its salamence or dragonite. neither of whom need 25% stripped.

what exactly are you hitting better that needs stealth ice > sr? dragonite? donphan? breloom? a simple ice beam takes care of all three.

what exactly are you hitting better that needs stealth ice > sr? dragonite? donphan? breloom? a simple ice beam takes care of all three.
    True. SR and Starmie would do exactly would Stealth Ice would do, but more.

the loss of sr means volcarona pretty much has free reign in ou. a lot of teams nowadays dont have true counters to volc, relying on sr up to cripple it.
    You don't seem to understand. Stealth Rock still exists. You will still see both entry hazards albeit, not at the same time.

dragons are already handled. the way most teams handle the numerous dragonites, volcaronas, etc, is stealth rock. stealth ice wouldnt really do much, except, yeah, take 25% off breloom, donphan, etc, a lot of whom are used as leads.
    Ripping 50% off Dragonite, Salamence, Gliscor, and Landorus while doing 25% to Haxorus, Celebi, Latias, Latios, Breloom, Tornadus, Thunderus, Hydreigon, Donphan, Hippowdon, Venusaur, and Virizion (and I guess Dugtrio). Do you not see the impact of this?

Think about Stealth Rocks. Of all the Stealth Rock Pokemon in OU they share one of three distinct traits.

- A great setup move that can end the game in one turn. Dragon Dance, Quiver Dance, or Shell Smash.
    - A game changing ability. Drought or Snow Warning.
    - Incredible offenses, so high that they can usually inflict enough damage to their opponent to make up for the HP loss from Rocks. Mixmence, Bandnite, and Tornadus, etc.

There are no Stealth Rock weak defensive Pokemon in OU, nor are any sweepers that do not boost their speed. You could potentially see every Stealth Ice Pokemon barring maybe Latios, Haxorus, Breloom and Venusaur dropping either into UU or having their usage stats halved. In short, Stealth Rock weak Pokemon have to be insanely good to be OU.

dragon-types already attract spinners, (mainly starmie) because a lot of times its salamence or dragonite. neither of whom need 25% stripped.
    50% > 25%.

what exactly are you hitting better that needs stealth ice > sr? dragonite? donphan? breloom?
    One forth of OU is hit hard by Stealth Ice. Nearly 10% loses half its HP from it. This is enormous. Worse when you consider 40% of the top 16 Pokemon are hit 2 or 4x effectively by it. One quarter of the top 16 Pokemon are hit 4x effectively.

a simple ice beam takes care of all three.
    Close Combat takes care of Blissey. Fire Blast takes care of Ferrothorn. Thunderbolt takes care of Politoed.

Its called switching.

when you put it like that....i have no counterargument, lol. i see your point. wasnt broadening my mind. and i completely forgot sooo many pokemon -.-

question: if you use stealth ice, and the opponent switches to ferrothorn/forry/etc, and uses sr as you switch into, say, xatu, would you automatically lose, since both cant be on the field at the same time?

question: if you use stealth ice, and the opponent switches to ferrothorn/forry/etc, and uses sr as you switch into, say, xatu, would you automatically lose, since both cant be on the field at the same time?
    I think it would just fail. Like Toxic when Burned.

Stealth rock should be nerfed more than creating another stealth rock.. and if you already create one why no a fre type stealth rock since there are far too many steel types. What I really dislike about stealth rock is the hit on bug and ice types those types are already weak defensively.. and stealth rock just bring them down..

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Oak
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and the amount of zubat in caves, and I'm not sure about the former.
    Shortcut to damage calculator

Well, it's implemented into the series, changing it some time in the future is the best you can hope for. I'm iffy on Stealth Rock, it doesn't break my flow however I do have a tendency of using Pokemon weak to it. Speaking of which, you never see Toxic Spikes.
        Spoiler:- 3DS friend-code:

Quote Originally Posted by ParaChomp View Post
    Well, it's implemented into the series, changing it some time in the future is the best you can hope for. I'm iffy on Stealth Rock, it doesn't break my flow however I do have a tendency of using Pokemon weak to it. Speaking of which, you never see Toxic Spikes.
    On rain teams, you see them all the time, well I do. Tentacruel, one of the most common walls on a rain team, sets up Toxic Spikes like no tomorrow.
    FC: 0232-9161-0856
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

^Well, I haven't seen many offensive rain teams with Toxic Spikes. It's pointless on such offensive teams. It works best with Stall, as they aim to whittle you down and bring in a last-ditch sweeper to clean up.

I like the gamechanging idea of Stealth Icicles. 6th Gen move anyone?
        Spoiler:- Current Hunts:

I have claimed Registeel!

What would be cool with Stealth Icicles is allowing it to be placed on your own team. This would stop Stealth Rock from being placed, so it'd be great for Hail teams, who couldn't take much damage from it. And Sandstorm teams could Stealth Rock themselves so they couldn't get Stealth Icicles on their team, taking out a lot of their health. The opponent would have to then use Defog to remove the entry hazards on the other team and place the other one down. I think that would change things up quite a bit!

Things like Garchomp would benefit from having Stealth Rocks instead of Stealth Icicles on the ground, and Volcarona would benefit from Stealth Icicles.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaRegisteel View Post
    ^Well, I haven't seen many offensive rain teams with Toxic Spikes. It's pointless on such offensive teams. It works best with Stall, as they aim to whittle you down and bring in a last-ditch sweeper to clean up.

I like the gamechanging idea of Stealth Icicles. 6th Gen move anyone?
    My team is mixed. I've got a few walls+(you know it) Toxic Spikes to wear the opponents down and then clean up with Azumarill's Aqua Jet or Scizor's Bullet Punch, or other powerful priorities, after everyone is weak enough to KO. I do agree that it's pointless on offensive rain teams, but on stall and mixed, it's pretty worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Digletto View Post
    What would be cool with Stealth Icicles is allowing it to be placed on your own team. This would stop Stealth Rock from being placed, so it'd be great for Hail teams, who couldn't take much damage from it. And Sandstorm teams could Stealth Rock themselves so they couldn't get Stealth Icicles on their team, taking out a lot of their health. The opponent would have to then use Defog to remove the entry hazards on the other team and place the other one down. I think that would change things up quite a bit!

Things like Garchomp would benefit from having Stealth Rocks instead of Stealth Icicles on the ground, and Volcarona would benefit from Stealth Icicles.
    I think what they meant was that you can only have either stealth icicles or stealth rock on THEIR side of the field at a time. The opponents can also have their entry hazards up.

I like the Stealth Icicles idea too. Hopefully, GF will read this page
    FC: 0232-9161-0856
    Friend Safari:
    Mankey, Pancham, Riolu

Page 6 of 88 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast