Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by BNator92 View Post
    New OHKO Moves:

1. Solar Crash
    Type: Fire
    Power /-- Accuracy/30 PP/5

2. Night Terror
    Type: Ghost
    Power /-- Accuracy/30 PP/5
    is this not the competitive edition of this thread? need i remind you that ohko moves are banned in competitive play?
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Street Comedy View Post
    No Pokemon other than Groudon and Kyogre get the Drought and Drizzle abilities.

5th gen meta game will never be the same.
    I would have given Poli and Tails a new set of abilities.

Moist Air and Sky Clear

Moist Air starts a 5 turn rainstorm
    Sky Clear starts a 5 turn sunlight

Sun and Rain are much more powerful than Hail and Sand since they boost power too, so having permanent access to it is kinda unfair imo.

Its almost noon where I live so I shall do another improvement....

Another forgotten Hoenn Pokemon, following the theme of space...

Solrock

Even in NU, Solrock's a pretty rare sight. It's movepool is rather lackluster, not so high stats, and isn't exactly the best, able to be pursuit trapped. However, it gets Psychic and Flamethrower, as if spraying salt on a wound, it has 55 special attack.

To be honest, the cosmic duo should've gotten drought and drizzle instead of two random pokE...

Anyways:

Cosmic Dance
    PP: 10/Power: --/Accuracy: --/Category: Status/Target: Self/Priority: 0
    The user performs a mythical dance from outer space that sharply raises Special Attack and Attack.
    - distribution: the cosmic duo.
    - blah blah yes net +4, but considering how Solrock has 55 special attack ruins that argument.

Solar Boom (Fire)
    PP: 10/Power: 95/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical/Target: Adjacent Foes/Priority: 0
    The user lets loose a boom of fire. No added effect
    - Solrock only

Anyways, I'll do lunatone later at night :3

Credits to Sworn Metalhead

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by OceanicLanturn View Post

Solrock

Even in NU, Solrock's a pretty rare sight. It's movepool is rather lackluster, not so high stats, and isn't exactly the best, able to be pursuit trapped. However, it gets Psychic and Flamethrower, as if spraying salt on a wound, it has 55 special attack.

To be honest, the cosmic duo should've gotten drought and drizzle instead of two random pokE...

Anyways:

Cosmic Dance
    The user performs a mythical dance from outer space that sharply raises Special Attack and Attack.
    - blah blah yes net +4, but considering how Solrock has 55 special attack ruins that argument.

Solar Boom (Fire)
    PP: 10/Power: 95/Accuracy: 90/Category: Physical/Target: Adjacent Foes/Priority: 0
    - Solrock only

Solrock's terrible Sp. Attack doesn't mean it can have a move that gives it +4 offensive stats. Volcarona has decent stats besides Sp. Attack, and it gets a move that gives it a +3 net boost.(which is very good).

Solar Boom seems fine though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow♠ View Post
    Solrock's terrible Sp. Attack doesn't mean it can have a move that gives it +4 offensive stats. Volcarona has decent stats besides Sp. Attack, and it gets a move that gives it a +3 net boost.(which is very good).

Solar Boom seems fine though.
    It's +2 attack and +2 special attack...? It's just sword dance and nasty plot farrrrrr exclusive to two pokemon. Or a improved work up... Most don't bother running mixed anyways, so the +2 special goes to waste. It's not as op as you think tbh.... It's attack stats isnt 120 either...

ASB Squad

I rather swap Solrocks offensive stats and boost it to 115

So Solrock now has 55 Attack and 115 sp attack.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    I would have given Poli and Tails a new set of abilities.

Moist Air and Sky Clear

Moist Air starts a 5 turn rainstorm
    Sky Clear starts a 5 turn sunlight

Sun and Rain are much more powerful than Hail and Sand since they boost power too, so having permanent access to it is kinda unfair imo.
    With the addition of these two abilities, I'd also add one for sand and hail, if only for design balance.

Solrock

Anyways:

Cosmic Dance

Solar Boom (Fire)
    - Solrock only

Cosmic Dance - I'll go back to the "Sunkern gets a move that gives +6 Attack" argument. A move like that would never be implemented because design-wise, +6 with one use of a move is way, way too good. It doesn't matter what Pokémon would get it because it wouldn't pass the "balanced battle mechanic" test, which means that the question of what Pokémon would be able to get it wouldn't even be a possible question to ask.

Solar Boom - This is alright.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    With the addition of these two abilities, I'd also add one for sand and hail, if only for design balance.

Cosmic Dance - I'll go back to the "Sunkern gets a move that gives +6 Attack" argument. A move like that would never be implemented because design-wise, +6 with one use of a move is way, way too good. It doesn't matter what Pokémon would get it because it wouldn't pass the "balanced battle mechanic" test, which means that the question of what Pokémon would be able to get it wouldn't even be a possible question to ask.

Solar Boom - This is alright.
    Liek I said, it's +2 attack and special attack .... Not +6?

It's just a sword dances for Solrock, and nasty plot for lunatone. I still don't get the op-ness... Someone explain pwease?

ASB Squad

Liek I said, it's +2 attack and special attack .... Not +6?

It's just a sword dances for Solrock, and nasty plot for lunatone. I still don't get the op-ness... Someone explain pwease?
    The hypothetical "Sunkern gets a move that gives +6 Attack" and this are the same in that both moves give stat boosts that are too massive for their needed effort. Neither need any setup or other effort whatsoever in order to use. In other words, neither pass the "balanced battle mechanic" test when compared to battle mechanics that are currently in the games.

Growth is at least not that powerful in that sun is required to reap the full reward.
    Shell Smash is questionable since it lowers the user's Defense and Sp. Def, but is still often viewed as very or too powerful by many.
    Quiver Dance and Coil are very good, too.

Well then, why not break "cosmic dance" into two separate attacks?

Solar-Whatever you want to call it.
    +2 speed, +1 attack.

Lunar-whatever.
    +2 speed, + 1 special attack.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    My Secret Base, Version 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachmac View Post
    Well then, why not break "cosmic dance" into two separate attacks?

Solar-Whatever you want to call it.
    +2 speed, +1 attack.

Lunar-whatever.
    +2 speed, + 1 special attack.
    Given Autotomize (I think), I would say that this is an acceptable solution. These being exclusive to Solrock and Lunatone respectively would make it even better.

True... I shall edit my post in the next installment of Lunatone, bwahahaha

Should solar -something- grant levitation, is that too op? Because I really want to give those two poor stones a dream world ability.

ASB Squad

True... I shall edit my post in the next installment of Lunatone, bwahahaha

Should solar -something- grant levitation, is that too op? Because I really want to give those two poor stones a dream world ability.
    It'd be strictly better than Magnet Rise, but Magnet Rise doesn't do that much in the first place, anyway.

I guess it could grant levitation, if anything.

maybe grant levitation, but only +1 Speed and Attack?

Then they could have awesome DW abilities, like Solid Rock

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    maybe grant levitation, but only +1 Speed and Attack?

Then they could have awesome DW abilities, like Solid Rock
    That makes the move strictly better than the already-excellent Dragon Dance.

Though in this particular case, it's not too much of a stretch to have a move like this, unlike a Shell Smash that gives +4 Attack instead of +2 Attack.

lately, me and some of my friends have been thinking of making a borderline between OU and Uber, because some pokemon are just overkill in OU, while others stand no chance in Ubers. So far we have come up with these:

Keldeo
    Tornadus-T
    Starmie
    Ferrothron
    Garchomp
    Scizor
    Latias
    Latios
    Thundurus
    Thundurus-T
    Manaphy
    Politoed
    Tyranitar
    Jirachi
    Genesect
    Gliscor

and possibly a couple other I have forgotten. If you are wondering why I didn't add some pokemon, here is why:

Excadrill: Still OP in sand
    Dragonite: It is strong, and multiscale is useful, but in a metagame with lots of sand storms, it can easily be defeated
    Salamence: Moxie is a good ability, and it is decent speed, but is easily out-classed by the other dragons and walled or crippled by most of the the tier
    Shaymin-S: We were considering it, but eventually decided no because it's sorta like Flinchrachi but stronger and faster
    Mew: Also considered, but it was really mostly out-classed as anything but a baton passer
    Jellicent: It just wouldn't last that well in this tier, with all the taunters
    Skarmory:...really?
    Blissey:...really?
    Chansey: It is very good with Eviolite, but unless in a double battle, has snatch and snatches Cotton Guard, it will die without lefties.
    Breloom: The majority of the tier outspeeds and KOs it
    Black 2 FC: 0047 0978 3613

Credit to Astral Shadow

Check out my new RPG and join it:
    http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthr...-Serpent-PG-13

Ability: Happy Hour
    - Heals 1/8 of damage dealt, but accuracy decreases by 6%

Ability: True Grit
    - Increases Defense and Special Defense by +1 if the Pokemon takes over 50% battle damage.
    Join the Tutor Program. Started by JRCxyz & Salavoir

[In Clan Memoriam]
    RIP Battling Academy, even though I just joined.
    Memories are eternal.

RIP Toothpaste Clan. You kept my teeth clean.
    Dental hygiene is eternal.

RIP Survival Island. Global warming drowned us all.
    Survival isn't eternal

Moves
    Barrage
    Type: Fighting
    Physical; Hits 2-5 times in a row
    Base Power: 25 Accuracy: 75, PP: 15

Chaos Slash
    Physical, hits target's Special Defense
    Base Power: 120, Accuracy: 90, PP:5
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

New Pokemon, with a new ability:

Ragage
    Type: Normal
    Ability: Rage
    Base Stats:

so, he has around the same bulk as genesect, but with much less of a good defensive typing.

New Ability: Rage

when this pokemon drops below half health, and gains a 50% attack boost and a 20% speed boost, cannot be affected by taunt, torment, encore, or any other psychologic or mind affecting moves and becomes the fighting type but loses 1/16 of its health after attacking and loses all these benefits if hit by a secial psychic attack that targets specia defense. also it changes formes, becoming red, muscular, spiky, and taller.

also, that solar boom is inferior to flamethrower in every way.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Solrock
    DW Ability: Solid Rock
    2nd DW Ability: Sun Swap
    - All moves do damage based on the user's attack.

Solar Dance (Psychic)
    The user performs a mythical dance from outer space that sharply raises speed, raise attack and grant levitation for four turns.

Solar Boom (Fire)
    - Solrock only

---

Lunatone
    2nd DW Ability: Moon Swap
    -All moves do damage based on the user's special attack.

Moon Dance (Psychic)
    The user performs a mythical dance from outer space that sharply raises speed, raise special attack and grant levitation for four turns.
    - lunatone only

Moon Burst (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: 95/Accuracy: 90/Category: Special/Target: Adjacent Foes/Priority: 0
    The user lets loose a wave of psychic. No added effect.
    -lunatone only

WAYYY overdue.

ASB Squad

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglehawk View Post
    Ability: Happy Hour
    - Heals 1/8 of damage dealt, but accuracy decreases by 6%

Ability: True Grit
    - Increases Defense and Special Defense by +1 if the Pokemon takes over 50% battle damage.
    Happy Hour - Something tells me that the Accuracy drop should be more. A 6% Accuracy drop seems both not enough and like a random number to me.

True Grit - Does this trigger when the Pokémon is at 49% health or less, or does it trigger whenever the Pokémon takes 50% or more worth of damage from a single attack?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW View Post
    Moves
    Barrage
    Type: Fighting
    Physical; Hits 2-5 times in a row
    Base Power: 25 Accuracy: 75, PP: 15

Chaos Slash
    Physical, hits target's Special Defense
    Base Power: 120, Accuracy: 90, PP:5
    Barrage - Barrage is already the name of a move. For what your proposal is worth, though, I'd say it's pretty good. Its Accuracy could come a bit higher given the presence of moves like Tail Slap and Rock Blast.

Chaos Slash - The Accuracy of the move could come down a bit, but otherwise I'm fine with this move.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    New Ability: Rage

when this pokemon drops below half health, and gains a 50% attack boost and a 20% speed boost, cannot be affected by taunt, torment, encore, or any other psychologic or mind affecting moves and becomes the fighting type but loses 1/16 of its health after attacking and loses all these benefits if hit by a secial psychic attack that targets specia defense. also it changes formes, becoming red, muscular, spiky, and taller.
    Rage is already the name of a move. Regardless, though, I'll start from the beginning.

When the Pokémon with Rage drops below half health, it gains a 50% Attack boost and a 20% Speed boost. Alright, sure.
    A Pokémon with Rage active cannot be affected by Taunt, Torment, Encore, Imprison, etc. Quite a unique aspect of the ability that I haven't seen much of, but it starts to get a bit complicated.
    A Pokémon with Rage active has its types replaced by the Fighting type and becomes red, muscular, spiky, and taller. A forme change reminiscent of Zen Mode, sure.
    A Pokémon with Rage active loses 1/16 of its health after attacking. I don't think any battle mechanic triggers off of actually executing any sort of move, which makes it complicated enough. Adding this to the three things above makes the ability even more complicated than it needs to be.
    A Pokémon with Rage active has its Rage benefits eliminated if it is hit by a Psychic move that is based on the user's Sp. Atk that targets Sp. Def. The trigger condition on this is way too extreme of a corner case.

This ability does way too much. It's literally impossible to fit onto a three-line text box. I'll say again that a rule of thumb with making abilities is that their effects should fit onto a three-line text box. If it doesn't, then it probably does too much. Jamming a bunch of effects on an ability may make that ability or the recipient of that ability competitively viable, but the same can be achieved just with a simple, more elegant effect.

Solrock
    2nd DW Ability: Sun Swap
    - All moves do damage based on the user's attack.

Solar Dance (Psychic)
    The user performs a mythical dance from outer space that sharply raises speed, raise attack and grant levitation for four turns.

Solar Boom (Fire)
    - Solrock only

---

Lunatone
    2nd DW Ability: Moon Swap
    -All moves do damage based on the user's special attack.

Moon Dance (Psychic)
    The user performs a mythical dance from outer space that sharply raises speed, raise special attack and grant levitation for four turns.
    - lunatone only

Moon Burst (Psychic)
    PP: 10/Power: 95/Accuracy: 90/Category: Special/Target: Adjacent Foes/Priority: 0
    The user lets loose a wave of psychic. No added effect.
    -lunatone only

WAYYY overdue.
    Sun Swap and Moon Swap - I like the abilities themselves. It seems a bit weird that these would belong to Solrock and Lunatone only (besides the name), but whatever works, I guess.

Solar Dance and Moon Dance - I get that Solrock and Lunatone are counterparts of each other, but I don't think they have to have that many move counterparts. In any case, though, these should be DW-only moves, as a Solrock with Levitate using Solar Dance may as well be using Autotomize.

Solar Boom - I like how this move affects adjacent foes, which makes it not strictly worse than Flamethrower.

Moon Burst - I don't like how Lunatone gets STAB on its SB/MB variant whereas Solrock doesn't, however.

New Move: Cluster Bolt
    Type: Steel / Power: 80 / Accuracy: 100 / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Special / Priority: 0
    "The user blasts the target with a cluster of electrified bombs that may paralyze it."
    - This move has a 30% chance of paralyzing the target.

New Move: Heavy Impact
    Type: Normal / Power: 110 / Accuracy: 90 / PP: 15 / Target: Single adjacent Pokémon / Category: Physical / Priority: 0 (Contact: Yes)
    "The user rushes and slams into the target with a powerful, mountain-crushing force."
    - This move has no added effect.

One thing I can think of off the top of my head is that there should be natures that effect HP. I actually don't think it would change the metagame a lot, but a lot of things would have to be rethought. And I like rethinking/organzing/structuring things.

Another thing is that one or two new types should be made that together include the following once or twice:
    -Weakness to Grass, Ice, Flying, Fire, Poison, and possibly Psychic and Bug
    -Resistance to Water and possibly Rock
    -Not-very-effectiveness against Grass and Ice (Grass and Ice are resistant to it)
    -Effectiveness against Steel and Water
    -Neutral damage to Steel.

I think new types with those parameters would really balance out the metagame. The weaknesses are there to make Grass, Poison, and Psychic more useful offensive types, and make all the types weak to Rock more useful since they're automatically crippled by Stealth Rock. The resistances are because of Stealth Rock again, and because Water is overpowered offensively and defensively (not enough weakness or types that resist it). Grass and Ice need more resistances. Steel and Water need more weaknesses, and the last one explains itself. Either this or some serious adjustments need to be made to the already existing types and to Stealth Rock. I feel so awful when I read a perfectly good Pokemon is ruined because its weakness to Stealth Rock. A weakness to ONE MOVE shouldn't cripple a Pokemon! I know there are still Pokemon who overcome that weakness *coughvolcaronacough* but it's still unfair. Some types are way worse than others, and it's too bad. It's also really depressing that the entire OU is comprised of around 50 Pokemon, when there are about 650. It probably comes closer to between 3-400 when you don't count not-fully-evolved Pokemon, but that's still a really small percentage.

Also, Gamefreak should be more liberal and drastic with its changes to individual Pokemons' types, base stats, and movesets, directly in response to competitive usage. I hate how some Pokemon are just automatically doomed to inferiority because their base stats are ridiculously horrible or their movesets are really shallow. All Pokemon should be created equal! Haha.. I'm not even religious, but it just popped out. They changed a bunch of stuff after the first generation and still made those games able to trade with Gold and Silver, so I don't think incompatibility is an argument there. If a Pokemon is doomed to obscurity because of its stats, improve them in the next generation.

And here are some random short ones:

-Better physical Ghost move (easily accessible, 85 BP and above)

-Better special Rock move (same as above).

-Castform Evolution who has a Rock and Flying form (for Fog).

-Speaking of Fog, make it a legitimate weather condition.

-Make Hidden Power easier to manipulate (because let's face it, not all of us have time to breed IVs, or the desire to hack).

-Give Milotic a slightly more diverse movepool, and better defense and speed stats.

-Crobat's Special Attack raised to 90-100.

That's all I can think of for now.
    Me, I am but a tearful clown. Though I smile, I cry inside.

FC: 3711-6942-7514

New status condition: Scar

When affected, your defense is cut in half!

how? a scar doesn't do jack diddly-****.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    how? a scar doesn't do jack diddly-****.
    My scar on my knee limited my movement before, your arguement is invalid.

In a serious though, PAINFUL SCARS TO BE EXACT!!!!

*happy face* (not being rude GOTF, was just lazy this morning to think of a better name).

Page 60 of 88 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast