Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2185

Thread: Create &/or Change Anything & Everything Competitive Edition!

i didn't think it was rude.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by your boss View Post
    New status condition: Scar

When affected, your defense is cut in half!
    How would you get this condition? through specific, already -existent attacks, or will you create new ones? What kinds of attacks (punches, kicks, scratches, etc.)? jsut curious, this is actually an interesting idea.

This signature has been brought to you by Mochi10, thanks a bunch c:

I'd imagine slashing moves could inflict the scarred affliction (give Razor Wind a 100% chance, and make it the only move with that chance) and make a Extrasensory do it, (mental scarring)
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Night slash too,cuz it's "a vicious slash"
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Slash would also appreciate this to give it a little buff so overall, we can assume Scar will be on slashing moves and other exceptions like Extrasensory as MetalFlygon08 mentioned.

yes, but if it was on extrasensroy, which already has flinch chance, it would be flavor only unless you're mixed or trying to help set up a sweep.
    Sig edited due to exceeding height limit. Read the signature rules before editing your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    yes, but if it was on extrasensroy, which already has flinch chance, it would be flavor only unless you're mixed or trying to help set up a sweep.
    That being said, though, it's still very plausible for Extrasensory to have a chance to scar the target. Although mental scarring with Extrasensory isn't the same as physical scarring with Slash or Psycho Cut, but still.

[IMG]http://i49.*******.com/2h6dobp.png[/IMG]

that is true, that is true.

New Item: Power Ward
    "A deep red-colored brooch. It raises the Defense of the team of the holding Pokémon just once if hit by a physical move."
    - If the holding Pokémon is hit by a physical move, this item will be used up and Reflect is used on the holding Pokémon's team.

New Item: Mind Ward
    "A deep blue-colored brooch. It raises the Sp. Def of the team of the holding Pokémon just once if hit by a special move."
    - Same as the above, but Light Screen is used instead of Reflect.

For example:
    Turn 0: Player A sends out an Azumarill with a Power Ward, and player B sends out a Luxray.
    Turn 1: Azumarill used Splash. Luxray used Spark on Azumarill. Power Ward triggers, granting Reflect to player A's team. If Power Ward was not used up, Luxray's Spark would have done 100 damage; instead, it does 50 damage due to Reflect.

New ability: Blessed Wind

Function: When a Pokemon with this ability enters the field, a small tailwind is summoned that boosts the team's speed by 2x for two turns.

Note: If a Pokemon with this ability is switched in via substitution or U-Turn/Volt Switch, the Tailwind effect lasts for only the turn it is switched in on and the turn following afterward.
    3DS Friend Code: 2363-6123-7178

"It's simple: Overspecialize, and you breed in weakness. It's slow death."
    — Major Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell

Banner by: Skiyomi
    Chapters created so far: 9
    The link is in th picture. Enjoy!

Move:

One-time only entry hazard: Landmine
    type: Fire pp: 15
    Description: The user sets a landmine on the other side of the field, if the foe switches the mine goes off dealing damage.
    Effect: when set off reduces targets health to 1/2 of max. No effect to ghost types. Steel and rock types take 7/12 damage, steel/rock type takes 8/12 damage.
    Rapid spin will send the mine to the midddle and all pokemon 1/4 of max. Landmine will blow up stealth rocks.
    In a double battle damage will be 1/4 of max health to both pokemon and 1/6 of max in a triple.
    Rapid spin in double will cause the mine to blow up in middle inflicting 1/8 of max and 1/12 of max to all in triple.

Dammit, I've been practically dead. Too busy fighting demons and shadows.......* points evoker at head*....... back to work...* fires*

† I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

Quote Originally Posted by PokeMaster366 View Post
    New ability: Blessed Wind

Function: When a Pokemon with this ability enters the field, a small tailwind is summoned that boosts the team's speed by 2x for two turns.

Note: If a Pokemon with this ability is switched in via substitution or U-Turn/Volt Switch, the Tailwind effect lasts for only the turn it is switched in on and the turn following afterward.
    Sure. I'm assuming it doesn't stack with the actual Tailwind move.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    Move:

Description: The user sets a landmine on the other side of the field, if the foe switches the mine goes off dealing damage.
    Effect: when set off reduces targets health to 1/2 of max. No effect to ghost types. Steel and rock types take 7/12 damage, steel/rock type takes 8/12 damage.
    Rapid spin will send the mine to the midddle and all pokemon 1/4 of max. Landmine will blow up stealth rocks.
    In a double battle damage will be 1/4 of max health to both pokemon and 1/6 of max in a triple.
    Rapid spin in double will cause the mine to blow up in middle inflicting 1/8 of max and 1/12 of max to all in triple.
    This move is too complex to be implemented, I'd say. The function also contradicts itself with its two different Rapid Spin triggers. There's nothing wrong with this entry hazard being one layer only, removing itself and dealing 25% damage to an incoming Pokémon.

By the way, what does one-time use only even mean? Does it mean that you can only use Landmine once per battle, or does it just mean that there can only be one landmine down on each side at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Wishing Star View Post
    Sure. I'm assuming it doesn't stack with the actual Tailwind move.
    Since it's already invoking the "Tailwind" status, it doesn't stack. It would certainly be a decent ability for revenge killing, but if a 6th gen Pokemon were to get it, it would probably have power below or at Base 100. It would still be useful for Doubles, though (annoying Rain spammers).

Quote Originally Posted by Jacobthepokemonfreak View Post
    Move:

way too powerful bro. the minimum damage is 1/2. be realistic. now volcy will die upon switching in. i hope it would at least be a one time hazard that goes away even if a ghost switches in.

Ability
    Internal Converter
    When user/poke with this ability is struck by a physical attack, it's Sp. Atk goes up.
    When it's struck by a special attack, its attack goes up
    FC (White): 1248-9416-2795
    3DS FC: 1633-4254-1939
    Friend Safari: (Rock) Dwebble, Macargo, Barbaracle
    PM me if you want a battle or trade

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    What? You don't feel the testosterone rush through your veins when you look at Machamp's large, manly pecs?

Since it's already invoking the "Tailwind" status, it doesn't stack. It would certainly be a decent ability for revenge killing, but if a 6th gen Pokemon were to get it, it would probably have power below or at Base 100. It would still be useful for Doubles, though (annoying Rain spammers).
    That's actually a pretty awesome ability, then.

Speaking of battle mechanics that "use" a move, what do you think of Power and Mind Ward?

Quote Originally Posted by EonDragonFTW
    Ability
    Internal Converter
    When user/poke with this ability is struck by a physical attack, it's Sp. Atk goes up.
    When it's struck by a special attack, its attack goes up
    Given the number of times a Pokémon could potentially be hit with attacks, I'd say it's a bit too strong. Maybe a 30% or 50% chance, but if a stall Pokémon gets this (and teams can be built so that it's possible, even though it may not be given to stall Pokémon), it's pretty devastating.

Ability

Size Up
    When the user comes out, it alerts you of the foe's highest stat (in terms of EV's)

so you can tell what your opponent is running (on mixed attackers, aka an Infernape with 200 EVs in SpAtk and 252 in Attack, Size Up would alert you.)
    Like this:

"X noticed the opponent's Y's (Special)Attack!"

"X noticed the opponent's Y's (Special)Defense!"

"X noticed the opponent's Y's Health!"

"X noticed the opponent's Y's Speed!"

If 2 stats had the same EVs (like the common 252/252/4 spread) it would alert you to both stats.

Would definitely be a Dream World Ability for Metagross, as well as any analytical pokemon.
    Minncinno used Substitute!Minncinno used Thunderbolt!

Serebii.net, come for the Pokemon news, stay for the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Ability

Size Up
    When the user comes out, it alerts you of the foe's highest stat (in terms of EV's)

so you can tell what your opponent is running (on mixed attackers, aka an Infernape with 200 EVs in SpAtk and 252 in Attack, Size Up would alert you.)
    Like this:

If 2 stats had the same EVs (like the common 252/252/4 spread) it would alert you to both stats.

Would definitely be a Dream World Ability for Metagross, as well as any analytical pokemon.
    Thid would definitely be sweet, allowing you to know what sets your opponent is running and makes Lucario and friends less unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalFlygon08 View Post
    Ability

Size Up

Like this:

Like Anticipation and Forewarn, two abilities that pretty much get no in-game usage and only very, very little competitive usage, I'd like having this ability. It's not too useful in the sense that the ability literally does nothing after it triggers, though.

I'm assuming that in a Double or Triple Battle, it'd alert the player of the EV's of a random foe?

That's actually a pretty awesome ability, then.

Speaking of battle mechanics that "use" a move, what do you think of Power and Mind Ward?
    It would be a bit OP if they gave all of the bells and whistles of Light Screen/Reflect. I would like it better if they gave the user a permanent stat boost that went away once the user switched out. A lack of Leftovers would also hurt, and considering how the Power/Mind Ward would work, I'm assuming that they would be disposable items.

Moving on, it seems a bit unfair and confusing to make abilities like Drought de-activate once the ability holder switches out or faints, so why don't we just cook up a little civil unrest and give Cloud Nine and Air Lock the ability to erase the weather completely upon switch-in instead of simply suppressing it? It would certainly be a nice treat for Leftover users that can't resist Sandstorm/Hail.

Magic Guard also seems to be vastly superior to Overcoat. It's amazing that an ability can have so much usefulness, yet have no downsides. You would think that, at the very least, constant use of Magic Guard would eat away at the user's Special Attack. Here's an idea: Whenever a user of Magic Guard is afflicted something like a Leech Seed status or any status that should drain their health, their Special Attack is lowered by 1 every other turn.

In all honesty, Magic Guard doesn't bother me in actual battle, but it's way of working just struck me as odd. All magic comes at a price.

It would be a bit OP if they gave all of the bells and whistles of Light Screen/Reflect. I would like it better if they gave the user a permanent stat boost that went away once the user switched out. A lack of Leftovers would also hurt, and considering how the Power/Mind Ward would work, I'm assuming that they would be disposable items.

Moving on, it seems a bit unfair and confusing to make abilities like Drought de-activate once the ability holder switches out or faints, so why don't we just cook up a little civil unrest and give Cloud Nine and Air Lock the ability to erase the weather completely upon switch-in instead of simply suppressing it? It would certainly be a nice treat for Leftover users that can't resist Sandstorm/Hail.

Magic Guard also seems to be vastly superior to Overcoat. It's amazing that an ability can have so much usefulness, yet have no downsides. You would think that, at the very least, constant use of Magic Guard would eat away at the user's Special Attack. Here's an idea: Whenever a user of Magic Guard is afflicted something like a Leech Seed status or any status that should drain their health, their Special Attack is lowered by 1 every other turn.

In all honesty, Magic Guard doesn't bother me in actual battle, but it's way of working just struck me as odd. All magic comes at a price.
    Power and Mind Wards are disposable, yeah. They trigger once and then they're gone.

To differentiate the two, I'd rather have either Cloud Nine or Air Lock suppress the weather, whereas the other one of the two eliminates it completely. That being said, though, neither would be strictly better than the other, since if a Pokémon with the latter ability was in, the foe's Ninetales could still use Sunny Day and enjoy its benefits, since the latter ability would only trigger once, rather than be static. That's how I would change those two abilities, but it may be different for everybody.

As for Magic Guard, I find it to be perfect. The Sp. Atk draining effect is flavorful, but I don't think it needs to be applied here.

I didn't feel like looking for any formats soooooo...

New ability; Inverted

Effect; Moves that would not harm the user takes away 5% of their hp every use, while moves that would hurt the user don't. Also the user cannot use self ko'ing moves.

Description; Moves the user uses have a reversed effect. Moves that would normally harm the user do not and moves that wouldn't will.

Distributation; Pokemon with lots of self damaging moves, such as flare blitz, take down, curse (ghosts) or belly drum.

So basically moves like earthquake would hurt the user while flare blitz or belly drum wouldn't. I originally wasn't going to include the 5% loss in health until I realized it would be a better rock head otherwise. This would be great for mons who got belly drum or defensive ghosts with curse (which is why I thought of it)

^You ever have that moment you realize you forgot to give credit? Sorry Irra!!^

i had the same idea.

New Ability: Unearthly Fortitude

the user takes half damage from self inflicted damge via a move or item.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonicwari View Post
    I didn't feel like looking for any formats soooooo...

New ability; Inverted

Effect; Moves that would not harm the user takes away 5% of their hp every use, while moves that would hurt the user don't. Also the user cannot use self ko'ing moves.

Description; Moves the user uses have a reversed effect. Moves that would normally harm the user do not and moves that wouldn't will.

Distributation; Pokemon with lots of self damaging moves, such as flare blitz, take down, curse (ghosts) or belly drum.

So basically moves like earthquake would hurt the user while flare blitz or belly drum wouldn't. I originally wasn't going to include the 5% loss in health until I realized it would be a better rock head otherwise. This would be great for mons who got belly drum or defensive ghosts with curse (which is why I thought of it)
    The ability itself isn't that broken. Entire teams can be built around this ability, though. It makes moves like Flare Blitz, Head Smash, and Double Edge have absolutely no user-related drawback whatsoever, which is very, very dangerous.

Belly Drum and Curse, in addition to these recoil moves, are designed to have these penalties to make the moves more balanced. Taking away the penalty for no cost* is too good.

* I say "no cost" because a moveset can consist of four moves that all exploit this mechanic, or at least three moves with the last move being Swords Dance or something, where 5% HP isn't that much of a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of the Forums View Post
    i had the same idea.

New Ability: Unearthly Fortitude

the user takes half damage from self inflicted damge via a move or item.
    Seems pretty good. Although keep in mind that Sticky Barb, Toxic Orb, and Flame Orb still deal their respective amounts of damage. Toxic and Flame Orb because it's the status ailment doing the damage, and Sticky Barb because it's a trigger at the end of the turn that isn't direct consequence of the user taking an action.

* I say "no cost" because a moveset can consist of four moves that all exploit this mechanic, or at least three moves with the last move being Swords Dance or something, where 5% HP isn't that much of a difference.
    You'll probably be forced to use outside moves for coverage, though.

You probably can't handle everything with recoil moves alone. I don't think any pokemon really has perfect coverage between recoil moves.

Though you're right about the 5%. I think it should be changed to a certain amount of the damage done, like 20% or something.
    Venemo Oscuridad - 6 Battles
    Nothing is more powerful than friendship. Well, except a +2/+2/+2 Adamant Kyurem Black. In which case, you're done for.

Page 61 of 88 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast